Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Me

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2020 at 2:16 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Yes, they went to the bridal shop and Juliana tried on her dress. Long lace sleeves and a deep V. Mehhh Not what I would have chosen for her body type. But it was OK

I was surprised and grateful to see something tasteful, instead of the trashy sleeveless/strapless ones with low-cut bodices that are a clothing malfunction waiting to happen that all of the other 90 Dayers choose.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, Spike said:

Hey at least it’s not “Skyrockets in flight, Afternoon Delight.”

One of our accounts payable vendors where I work used to be Cable One but recently became Sparklight. Every damn time I post an invoice or cut a check for them, Neil Diamond's "Heartlight" gets stuck in my head but now the lyric is "Turn on your sparklight"!

I laughed when in one of her THs Tania was dramatically talking about the shock of coming home because in Costa Rica it was just all about nature and being in a holistic environment. Her frequent drunkenness at loud clubs was neither.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Maybe Angela can tote these eggs!

Lol: on topic: I would love to put this fallacy to rest, what about those grandkids??  What does she just plan to announce to them she's totin', one day? How will they react to Grandma totin' a new aunt or uncle?

Edited by blubld43
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Lol: on topic: I would love to put this fallacy to rest, what about those grandkids??  What does she just plan to announce to them she's totin', one day? How will they react to Grandma totin' a new aunt or uncle?

This question is equally great and horrifying.  I hope we can see Meemaw explain this to the grandkids some day.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

It's idiotic!  Those rat tag grand kids are probably smarter than Angela, even they would think that her getting pregnant is nuts.

How much does insurance pay for ivf? I know people that have done it, they had money and it took 3 years to get pregnant, time is not on Angela's side, it may not happen the first or second time...if it does work can she stop smoking long enough to gestate?

• LOL 2
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's idiotic!  Those rat tag grand kids are probably smarter than Angela, even they would think that her getting pregnant is nuts.

How much does insurance pay for ivf? I know people that have done it, they had money and it took 3 years to get pregnant, time is not on Angela's side, it may not happen the first or second time...if it does work can she stop smoking long enough to gestate?

I don't think insurance does cover it? I could be wrong, I just remember reading in one of my policies that such procedures were specifically not covered.  I cannot imagine Angela scraping up enough cash for this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

If this has already been mentioned, I missed it. But has everyone missed the wedding ring on Turdsel's finger??? All the sobbing, histrionics and putting his head in his hands, the ring was right there. They didn't even try to hide it. I've had the flu with a high fever, so maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I was surprised and grateful to see something tasteful, instead of the trashy sleeveless/strapless ones with low-cut bodices that are a clothing malfunction waiting to happen that all of the other 90 Dayers choose.

I thought she looked beautiful in her dress.  It was a gorgeous dress, not a cookie cutter dress, but something different. (I used to work for a wedding caterer in the summers, and so many brides were choosing the same type of gown- flattering or not, I might add.)  I wondered what kind of alterations it needed...and how could they be done in a day?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Rebky said:

If this has already been mentioned, I missed it. But has everyone missed the wedding ring on Turdsel's finger??? All the sobbing, histrionics and putting his head in his hands, the ring was right there. They didn't even try to hide it. I've had the flu with a high fever, so maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

Both men and women wear engagement rings from Mursel's part of the world or at least that's the reason we've been given on social media. not sure if this is a spoiler or not. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
13 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I bought my rug in Turkey.  Loved the people there.  I must not have run into Mursel's family!

I had Turkish food in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious and I love the thought of shopping abroad...I think we could get a girls trip together!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had Turkish food in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious and I love the thought of shopping abroad...I think we could get a girls trip together!

Turkish food is better in Turkey.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Hopefully they'll line her peek-a-boo top.

She's probably a sample size or smaller, so there probably aren't major alterations that need to be made.  If "Say Yes to the Dress" is any indication, that peek-a-boo top is all the rage.  Here's one, designed by Kleinfeld's own Randy Fenoli, that's more peek than boo!  image.thumb.png.06fc86c491e77e01fb96fad39f603f66.png

13 minutes ago, readheaded said:

She's probably a sample size or smaller, so there probably aren't major alterations that need to be made.  If "Say Yes to the Dress" is any indication, that peek-a-boo top is all the rage.  Here's one, designed by Kleinfeld's own Randy Fenoli, that's more peek than boo!  image.thumb.png.06fc86c491e77e01fb96fad39f603f66.png

Looks like a stripper's outfit.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I don't think insurance does cover it? I could be wrong, I just remember reading in one of my policies that such procedures were specifically not covered.  I cannot imagine Angela scraping up enough cash for this.

I actually had 3 IVFs paid for by my husband's insurance company!  We had one ectopic, one bio chem, and the last we saw the heart beat but lost it.  We ended up adopting a little girl and we just felt like failed IVFs led us to her and never regretted it.

Most people go into incredible debt for IVF treatments so we were lucky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

It wasn't peek-a-boo like this; her dress was much nicer. It needs to be lined up top because her nipples were showing through.

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I actually had 3 IVFs paid for by my husband's insurance company!  We had one ectopic, one bio chem, and the last we saw the heart beat but lost it.  We ended up adopting a little girl and we just felt like failed IVFs led us to her and never regretted it.

Your husband should never leave that job because that is some bomb ass insurance.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, Gobi said:

Looks like a stripper's outfit.

These types of dresses (sheer/ peekaboo bodices, strapless, corseted) were referred to on the SYTTD board as “Stripper Fairy Dresses!” 😂

Edited by 7isBlue
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Congratulations on your little girl! 

I'm just wondering,  even if Angela has insurance that would cover the procedure,  would they approve it for a 54 year old woman who is a heavy smoker with one withered up old egg?  And...I hate to sound naive, but would that egg still be hanging around?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Congratulations on your little girl! 

I'm just wondering,  even if Angela has insurance that would cover the procedure,  would they approve it for a 54 year old woman who is a heavy smoker with one withered up old egg?  And...I hate to sound naive, but would that egg still be hanging around?

Good question.  Most doctors won't approve a procedure with a low probability of success, and insurance companies won't pay without doctor's approval.  Only way she's getting IVF is if she - or TLC - foots the bill.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Your husband should never leave that job because that is some bomb ass insurance.  

Well, he's dead so...(he really is, and don't feel bad because I laughed when I read your comment knowing how I'd respond).  But I do get to carry his insurance as a survivor benefit so this is really good!  The irony to me is my husband was a hard core conservative (not when I met, he just morphed into one) and he would complain about working for The People's Republic of Montgomery County, but he loooooved the benefits esp when he was going through cancer treatments that would've bankrupted most people!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I think the only option would be an egg donor.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

In my opinion, when you are a parent, your children come first. Your first obligation should be to them. Making yourself happy at their expense is the epitome of selfishness. They didn’t ask to be born, they didn’t ask their parents to get divorced and they didn’t ask their mother to become engaged to a useful idiot who, other than beekeeping, has nothing in common with her OR her kids.

Yes, I am a dinosaur. I believe that kids need to be nurtured, heard, respected and paid attention to. I think you need to put your phone away when your kids want to interact with you. Presenting them with a new mommy or daddy (like many of these morons do) without the relationship occurring organically is a recipe for trouble. If Anna feels lonely or horny or under appreciated, that’s just too damned bad. Her sons already know how it feels to be abandoned by an adult (their father).  Now mom puts herself and her love life ahead of them as well, “abandoning” them once again?  I guess they are just chopped liver.

Anna already guilted them into feeling responsible when she whined about how they are going to grow up and she’s going to be left all alone (cue the tiniest of violins). Then she guilted the oldest one when she told him he should be happy that it’s not working out with Mursel. I just can’t with that woman.

I do agree with you. How sad that there so many horror stories out there about kids who are battered  and abused, even killed , by mommy’s new boyfriend or husband. Generally, the guy gives the excuse that the kid disrespected him somehow. As if a 3 yr old is even capable of disrespecting.  And mommy sits by and lets it happen cause she needs a dick in her bed at night. Wait till your 
kids are grown and on their own, then have all the dick you want. 

• Love 3