Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Witch-hunt

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Kevin chafes under the criticism of charter guest Justine who is a professional chef; Kate returns and interferes in the deck team's drama; Ashton flirts with a guest; the deck crew's frustrations with Rhylee reach an all-time high.

Airs January 6, 2020.

• Love 1

Anyone watching the Below Deck WWHL 100 episode special?  During Kelly’s first season I thought he was so cute.  After the way he treated Jennice at the end of the season, not so cute anymore.  On tonight’s show Kelly looks slight, pale and gloomy.  Very weird.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Anyone watching the Below Deck WWHL 100 episode special?  During Kelly’s first season I thought he was so cute.  After the way he treated Jennice at the end of the season, not so cute anymore.  On tonight’s show Kelly looks slight, pale and gloomy.  Very weird.

I'm watching and it's weird to see how much some of the past crew members have changed, including Kelly! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’m just reminded that both Kevin and Brian have daughters. How would they like to see them treated if they worked on a yacht? Or how would they feel for their daughters see how their fathers treated other women?

Just now, Suck It Trebek said:

What did tanner wake up screaming/dreaming about? At first, I thought he was saying a mouse, but the editors put in “mi....” Anybody know what he was saying or if it was just unintelligible jibber jabber? 

I think he was saying a different word for “little person”. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

All the male crew are a bunch of freakin egoists.  And have no respect for women in general. 

Kevin is so pissed that some woman had the nerve to criticize his food.  Guess what?  You upped your game jerk.

Team Rhylee on this season.  Ashton is not a leader and you freakin assaulted a coworker.  He's a freakin arrogant jerk.  Look in the mirror before you go judging someone else.  I really hope Rhylee doesn't get fired.

Really liked seeing the 100th episode celebration.  The most interesting tidbit for me is that Eddie said he would come back.  When after everything went down with Rocky, he said he would never come back and he laid very low.  Hmm.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing next season.  Except for the Rocky thing, I really liked Eddie.  It was also really nice to see some of the old cast members.

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And Ashton never looked less attractive than when he was posing for those pics. I actually thought he was cute last year. Blech. 

I was so grossed out by that “photo shoot”. I’d rather see Captain Lee’s scrunched up tighty-whiteys than that. I also thought Ashton was cute last year. Being dragged behind the boat. 😉🤭😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Aston is an asshole and Rhylee is a defensive, reactive, clenched bitch. But let's put that aside for the moment. It looks like from the small clips we see of the 'Aston almost died' season, that Rhylee was the one calling 'man down', and was also RIGHT THERE when the rope wrapped around his ankle. There's probably some residual stuff there between the two. But as a manager, I think if Ashton had approached it to her as, hey, I'm not ATTACKING you, I am merely asking you, my life may depend upon you knowing how to do this particular knot. I will take whatever time I need to teach you how to do this. It will make us both and the boat better and safer. Now, if he had done this and she STILL acted like the white knuckle she is, then fire her. But he's a douche for not understanding that a good manager would have approached it that way.

• Useful 6
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

All the male crew are a bunch of freakin egoists.  And have no respect for women in general. 

No respect at all! It’s gross. Women are there to fuck them and feed them.

Kevin is so pissed that some woman had the nerve to criticize his food.  Guess what?  You upped your game jerk.

Team Rhylee on this season.  Ashton is not a leader and you freakin assaulted a coworker.  He's a freakin arrogant jerk.  Look in the mirror before you go judging someone else.  I really hope Rhylee doesn't get fired.

I’m hoping she doesn’t get fired, either. Ashton is threatened by strong women, so he can’t handle Kate or Rhylee.

Really liked seeing the 100th episode celebration.  The most interesting tidbit for me is that Eddie said he would come back.  When after everything went down with Rocky, he said he would never come back and he laid very low.  Hmm.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing next season.  Except for the Rocky thing, I really liked Eddie.  It was also really nice to see some of the old cast members.

I was just thinking I’d love to have Eddie back! And  bring Colly-Wolly to a Captain Lee season. 

Edited by EverybodyIsACritic
Screwy replying on my part
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It was like he served them 2 appetizers and 3 desserts. That wasn't a meal, it was snacks. 

Like he just forgot the main course.  And will just whine when somebody notices.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

According to Kelly’s instastory, he was just getting over being sick. 

• Useful 5
17 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I think Rhylee deserves to know her boss is trying to get her fired.

He said it in front of Kate, the woman he recently assaulted and has badmouthed since day one, and somehow expects there was some sort of "confidence" involved.  

Not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Asston is the one exacerbating any problems.  eta: He's the biggest problem.

THIS!!!  If Ashton did not want his words repeated, he should have asked Kate for some privacy with Captain Lee, or waited until Kate left the bridge to have that conversation with the Capatin about Rhylee and the fishing trip.  Kate and Rhylee are room mates, and seem to get along well - of course she's going to give Rhylee a head's up about what is going on.

IMO, Kate could have kept that conversation to herself, but I think she's had it with Ashton and his behavior toward all the women crew members on the boat.  She's also not stupid, and is aware that Ashton has been bashing Kate to other crew members all season, so maybe this is also a little bit of well deserved payback, too.  

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Like he just forgot the main course.  And will just whine when somebody notices.

I think that Kevin gets very flustered when he's called upon to "step up his game".  When Captain Lee commented on it, the next dinner he didn't have enough entrees plated (or, ate one of them, whichever way it happened), WHEN the captain was eating with the guests.  This time, it was a guest/pseudo-chef/model and he was sweating - literally sweating!!  

I also think that individually plated entrees are a BIG problem for him.  I thnk he prefers to do things family style because he doesn't have to worry about making sure he has enough of everything for individual plating, and he is not confident enough in his chef skills.  

That last dinner just looked skimpy and sad.  The salad/appetizer looked pretty, but was hardly enough food to have with a small entree of a scallop (it looked like each person only received one scallop with some kind of topping on it).  Did he mention that is was a "tasting menu" of sorts?  If so, then it should have been at least five different smaller plated courses - not just an appetizer, small entree and dessert.  Plus, it's not like the guests had a large/heavy lunch - they had a beach lunch of sushi - no barbecue, no sandwiches, or anything - just sushi.  I'm sure they were pretty hungry by the time dinner rolled around. 

• Love 16

They should get rid of everyone in this crew.  Including Captain Lee and Kate. Especially Captain Lee and Kate. 

It was interesting to watch the Below Deck show on Watch What Happens since they went year by year. In every year except  the first one they had someone who had a big problem with Kate. That is the true storyline of this series. Kate stirs up some shit and causes conflict playing her mean girl reindeer games. They only brought back mealy mouth losers who kissed ass in the sad hope that they would be called back. Where was Leon or Caroline? The only one who stuck to their guns was Rocky who called out Kate for her passive aggressive bullshit.

The Dud of the Sea perfectly illustrated why he is a waste of air. You don’t call in coworkers to give their opinions. That’s a recipe for disaster. You know Rhylee and what she brings to the table and you still hired her. You need to tell Ashton to suck it up buttercup and find a way to work with Rhylee. It’s not Rhylee’s fault that she is an argumentative disrespectful bitch. You knew that going in. So it is totally unfair to fire her for being who she is. A scorpion is a scorpion. Find a way to deal with it for the six days left on the season. To fire Rhylee is completely unfair.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Plus, it's not like the guests had a large/heavy lunch - they had a beach lunch of sushi - no barbecue, no sandwiches, or anything - just sushi.  I'm sure they were pretty hungry by the time dinner rolled around. 

And let’s not forget he was going to give them sushi made with cream cheese until Courtney pointed out the no dairy request.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I'm so over the brü crew. Each one of them are gross. 

I nearly feel off the sofa laughing at Asston modelling session. Bwahahaha!

Kevin needs to walk the plank. He's a big crybaby, and his food looked basic to me. 

Captain Lee is a grumpy asshole. He needs to keep his vulgar comments about charter guests to himself. Nobody liked Jaime, but as the leader, it is his job to keep it classy, and professional. Also, twirling his radio whenever he's confronted with crew problems, and then getting all pissed off that he's not there to babysit. Well...he hired them. He has to  make a choice about whether to fire them. 

The more I watch the show the less I'd want to spend time on a luxury yacht. It seems like a lot of money for nothing.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

And Captain Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda, who would've done the right thing if he'd only known what was going on . . . Well, maybe he'd know what was going on if he didn't sit around twirling his fidget spinner all day, or whatever he does.  The fish stinks from the head down, so ultimately this climate of male toxicity falls on him.

I said almost exactly this same thing to Capture Lee on Twitter, in response to a tweet of his saying he can’t do anything about the sexual harassment among the crew if it’s not brought to his attention, yadda, yadda, yadda...  I told him he could be more proactive about it, similar to his “don’t embarrass yourself or the boat” set of rules.  He didn’t respond.

• Love 14

I'm glad Kate came to Rhylee's rescue! Ashton has gone too far this time!!! He's got the Captain totally fooled with his little Super Bosun act. Tell me how can the drunkest touchy feely' crew member on shore leave be the Bosun? How can the the crew member with such a violent temper and such disrespect for womam be a leader! Reminds of Jaoh (or however you spell that assholes name...). Another South African dumb ass who thought he was god's gift to the female race.

The "Boys" plan to dump Rhylee might not work. The Previews of next week showed a sad Rhylee getting hugs but this could be BS and just bait to keep watching.

It will all come out in the end at the reunion. It has to be the end of the Smashton Show for sure. Just like it was the end of the Dan Show on Survivor

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that Kate telling Rhylie about Ashton telling the Capt he wanted her fired is only going to exacerbate the problem. 

She was trying to cause trouble for Ashton.

Because another explosion by Rhylee would be so good for the crew.

They were patting themselves on the back, like Justine talking shit to Kevin made him cook better.

Then she came to try to compliment him.  Bitch he doesn’t care what you think, stay the fuck out of the galley.

He’s got the job that she wants and he’s suppose to listen to her?  What a dumb story.

The deck crew can’t stand being around Rhylee.  Can’t make them like working with her or respect her, the way she behaves.  Captain can torture them by making them put up with her 6 more days.  That will basically tell Rhylee — and Kate — that she can keep bitching at them for anything.

Rhylee is worried being fired would hurt her future job prospects in yachting.  No, you’ve already accomplished that by all the things you’ve done and screamed out in two seasons of a TV show.

People will know you’re strident, unpleasant and unwilling to respect the chain of command.

Unless it was all faked TV drama.  Yeah you better go with that Rhylee.

• Love 7