Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Yes, New Orleans.  The retired football player and the TV anchor's husband both seemed to be good guys.  

I genuinely have enjoyed that show and at times, especially when the dad was talking to his teen son about DWB ... it was very moving.  

Even when they're not so good--Barry's homophobic slur and Jeff's drunk running, they hold themselves accountable for their actions and!  Actually DO something about it!  And try to become better people for it.

I've come to the conclusion that when someone "owns it" but doesn't change their ways, what they're really saying is "I'm an asshole and proud of it!".

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I strongly suspect that Bronwyn's odd mother has NPD, Narcississtic Personality Disorder.

And thus, Bronwyn is a daughter of , which comes with alot of issues. 

I agree and my mother has NPD. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

There is a lot about Bronwyn I like, but there is a slice of her I don't like, and I think it may be what bugs Gina and Vicki.

When Gina was recounting the evening her husband got physical, Bronwyn said how much she respects Gina for how she's handled things and also that if Gina needed to talk, she could just call her and she, and all of the women, would be there for her.

All this sounds nice, but it also has some wierd "I'm better than you" vibe at the core. 

To say she respects Gina implies she thinks of herself at a higher level such that her respect should count for something special.  And, Bronwyn was judging Gina.  All the other women just listened, which is all that Gina probably wanted. 

To say she would be there for her, Bronwyn is assuming that her support should count for something special as well - AND that Gina should value/be grateful for her support.

To say all the other women would also be there for her is speaking on behalf of the others which implies that she feels has some sort of "in" with them to be able to do so.  It implies she thinks she is closer with the others than Gina is.   She's working at binding herself to the other cast members while leaving Gina on the outs.  "We" vs "you".

To most, Bronwyn's remarks may seem benign and coming from a good place...and I think they are on some level.  However, I also feel her comments reveal a certain amount of arrogance, and they are a bit shifty because they serve to elevate herself above Gina.

I don't think Bronwyn know's she's positioning herself this way.  I definately feel there is a bit of wierd psychology with her, but I also think unbridled enthusiasm for being on the show is also at play.  A little of both.

Where Vicki is concerned, I think Bronwyn's sexuality isn't the primary issue.  Gina, Tamra, Vicki, and I think maybe Shannon, have all said Bronwyn is trying too hard.  Shock value and positioning herself as an intimate member of the cast are two examples. 

Vicki would have been far better off if she limited her remarks to these two points.  Her anger about being demoted got the better of her.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 10

which is all that Gina probably wanted at this point. 

That and someone to buy her nice shiny things.

To most, Bronwyn's remarks may seem benign and coming from a good place. 

That is how I see it.

• Love 3
On 12/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

“Nothing has changed about this show”—False, Andy!  Andy was kind of awful this time, really inserting himself and being sarcastic.  It’s one of the things I hate about him.  He’s not professional.  He also is either a great actor, or he truly feels that this show is giving women some sort of platform.  He’s always asking how the show affected this or that in a woman’s marriage and they always say the show helped.  And then he acted like Gina sharing her domestic violence story was a growing moment.  There are no growing moments on this show.  It is all trash.  Gina is getting her story out to the media just the way Matt is.  Nothing new there.

That montage, audition video and footage of Vicki screaming about her show was awesome.  It was so much better than trying to put a lie to her words with words.

Yes, Braunwyn, you’re incredibly brave.  Really giving Joan of Arc a run for her money.

Tamra looks like Braunwyn?  Huh?  From anything other than behind?

This particular sex talk, mostly from Tamra, is degrading.  They’re making sex dirty and sensationalizing it.  They’re stripping it of the intimacy.  I don’t really care who does what with whom—although I don’t support cheating—but to talk about it as an obvious bid to get attention is quite unappealing.

Kelly, I had completely forgotten there was a rumor that you threw your mother down the stairs, but now that you mention it, I remember.  And I definitely think there’s some truth to that or it wouldn’t still be a thing.  Tamra, shut the fuck up about Kelly’s relationship.  Who cares what she does with her family?  Shouldn’t we “watch what happens”?  Tamra is so jealous that Kelly is a.) having sex b.) with a man who loves her romantically c.) who has money.

Emily seems really hard to be married to.  She seems very needy and, I don’t have evidence to back this up, but she seems like she says one thing when she means another.  I think she’s very comfortable as a victim.  

Shane came off well, for Shane.  He conducts himself as a lawyer.  He came ready with well-spoken spin.  He knows he came off horribly this season, so he’s keeping his responses short.  Even if he can’t pass the CA bar, I think he’s far smarter than Emily.  Interesting that Braunwyn was playing the role of devastated friend, but Tamra, Shannon, Gina and Kelly stood up for Shane and said Emily was not telling the truth.  

Why did we waste so much time on Emily’s weight—where we learned nothing new—but not a word that she’s raising a dog-kicker?

Gina’s body language in the photos with Travis is exactly the same as her body language in the photos with Matt.  Why does she feel like she has to drape her whole entire body over a man in every picture?  Insecure much?

Why does Kelly have to interrupt Gina’s story to say there was alcohol involved?  As a viewer, I appreciate the extra info, but Kelly would lash out if someone said that to her.  She’d have that Kelly pause and then bare her teeth, turn to the offender and scream, “of course there was alcohol involved, you twat!”  This is my problem with her...inconsistent behavior.

Tamra, are you the moderator?  Asking if Matt is going to go to jail.  Then Tamra going all Dr Phil and analyzing the situation like she’s in a position to know what to say.  I don’t think anyone wants Tamra’s opinion on domestic violence.  She strikes me as the type to say the woman was asking for it.  I’m sure if allegations came out that Ryan dragged what’s-her-name, the woman that Ryan had a baby with, the one that Tamra said he’s back with, she’d back Ryan 100% and not ask questions unless she was filming.  

Things were better once Vicki left.  I feel like they got to a more honest place.  I don’t hate Vicki as much as some—I hate her about evenly with the rest of them—but I’m confused about her place here.  I think Vicki needs to completely sit out at least a full season to realize this is not her show.  I’m not really sure why she wants to be here, knowing that she was demoted, and I’m not sure why she thinks she’s in a position to dictate anything, knowing she was demoted.  A very strange dynamic is at work.  Andy seems scared of her.

This was a bad season, but I still maintain the one with Peggy and Diko was worse.  

There is an insanely low bar, but:

Winners (IMO) of this installation:  Shannon, Gina and Kelly.  Losers:  Andy, Tamra, and Vicki.  

In the matter of Emily vs Shane, I’m afraid that Emily is probably at least as guilty as Shane

I shudder for the future when I hear that there is a bolder new Braunwyn coming to DVD and Blu-Ray.

I’ve always suspected Emily is a real bitchy woman this reunion certainly affirmed that and that she loves to play the victim.  I too have to wonder what is up with Vicki and if she will even be asked back next season.  I wonder if she would trade her engagement off to get back on the show lol.  I really think she’s done  

• Love 3

I will preface this by saying that I do not totally support Braunwyn and yes, I do like the name, my great grandfather is Welsh,  and my daughter has a derivative of that name. While I cannot fully support Braunwyn (as a parent of four children I question her choices about what she is revealing to the public at large).She must know as a child of someone who put her own needs first how damaging that can be. That said, from a purely reality show viewing perspective, I applaud her, if for no other reason, that she has out Tamra’d Tamra without  being vulgar and trashy in the same way as Tamra and Vicky have been for a decade. If the level needs to be raised, then Braunwyn Is the ideal individual to do it. Vicky and Tamra have been coarse,  vulgar, ignorant, and rude for far too long. With Braunwyn, Kelly’s  behaviour seems to be toned down  Lose Vicky and Tamra, and hopefully the tone will go up.

Edited by LadyK
  • Love 7
On 12/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mar said:

Yes, Gina went through something horrific with Matt, and there is never any justification for violence, NEVER.
She made the choice to reveal to the world AND HIS CHILDREN that he was having an affair. She is not 100% innocent. 

The affair and the violence are all on him, he knew she was on a reality TV show.....it’s all on him, those were his choices.

• Love 9
On 12/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, Pickles said:

Kelly has some kind of business and is selling something. I don't even know what it is. Haven't looked. She is saying her product is in the Target and Walmart stores (or will be) and she also wants in at Costco. Shannon and Tamra either don't believe it or don't want her to be successful.

Isn’t she selling gluten free water? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I wish Heather can come back- I feel it’s actually her absence (not Vicki’s demotion) that that has really changed this show.  Sure she was a bit uppity at times but she was smart, funny, and had actual wealth.  And darn it I wanted to see regular footage of her new house!

• Like 1
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Chalby said:

But, is age-shaming really a thing?  How can you try to shame someone because they are older?  Do people get hurt by hearing that they are older?  She is teasing them because they are older... is this hurtful?? 

Yes, it really is a thing...same as body shaming, slut shaming, etc.  It's all meant to denigrate a woman in some way and make her feel bad about herself, less than "desireable", etc and Emily (and Bethany from NYC) are both very, very guilty of it.  Of course it's hurtful to be described as "the geriatric Thelma and Louise"....just as hurtful as Emily finds being described as "Shrek".  Emily boo-hooed about all the body shaming but kept on and on about how OLD the tres amigas are.  If "teasing" someone about their age is fine, why isn't it fine to "tease" someone about their size.  It's all just an observation, right?

• Love 13

I still believe Vicki's demotion this season was because Bravo wanted to increase profit by cutting cost. The cost saving was by demoting the highest salary in half. Vicki was contractually obligated to film just as much.

Vicki thought there would be a pubic outcry to give her back her orange - and nothing happened - not one peep or petition or SM chatter.

I think Vicki nailed her coffin when she filed the lawsuit against Kelly, Bravo & NBC. I think Bravo and NBC were ready to play ball - they would have sued her ass and she'd be selling bottles of cold water on the highway. Not only did she overplay her hand - she had no cards.

This is why she withdrew her lawsuit.

She was at the reunion because she was contractually obligated to be there. Bravo held her feet to the fire.

Tamra is next. I hope they demote her next season to Friend Of. I think Vicki is stick a fork in it DONE.

If they actually give in and ask Vicki back I hope they demote her even further to Friend Of a Friend (the friend being Tamra) - Bwahahaha

I think next season would be far more interesting to see how Shannon tries to thrive amongst all the chick a dees that remind her of David's mistresses

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

Yes, it really is a thing...same as body shaming, slut shaming, etc.  It's all meant to denigrate a woman in some way and make her feel bad about herself, less than "desireable", etc and Emily (and Bethany from NYC) are both very, very guilty of it.  Of course it's hurtful to be described as "the geriatric Thelma and Louise"....just as hurtful as Emily finds being described as "Shrek".  Emily boo-hooed about all the body shaming but kept on and on about how OLD the tres amigas are.  If "teasing" someone about their age is fine, why isn't it fine to "tease" someone about their size.  It's all just an observation, right?

I agree!  And yes, Bethenny is so guilty of doing this as well, "bragging" that she still gets her period, "unlike" the other women there, etc.

One's age, like weight, is a private matter, and should be shared only when the person wants to, not by someone else pointing it out.  Emily knows she's larger than the others; Vicki knows she's older.  The only reason to point these things out is to find a spot that may be vulnerable, and to poke at it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I agree!  And yes, Bethenny is so guilty of doing this as well, "bragging" that she still gets her period, "unlike" the other women there, etc.

oh yeah, Bethenny screeching that it was a "tampon desert" at the Berkshires!  You are correct that it's all about women finding other women's vulnerability and going in the for kill.   I think  I find Emily especially egregious because she spouts off to others that they shouldn't go after Vicki's "looks", they should attack her character and she is so upset about all the body shaming she herself has received,  but she goes low with the age remarks every chance she gets.  Bethenny at least isn't a hypocrite. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Sterling said:

One's age, like weight, is a private matter, and should be shared only when the person wants to, not by someone else pointing it out.

I disagree.  These women are paid to be on a Bravo show.  I think their age and weight are fair game.  

As far as having eyes, are their ages and weights any big surprise?  Vickie always talks about how good she looks for being 57 (BTW, she doesn't--she need to lose at least ten lbs) and Emily shared she is obese.  I have eyes; I can see Emily is obese. 

Em, age-shame all you want.  I will only laugh at you because you're fat. Can't change your age but can sure change your weight.  Put down the fork, babe!  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, endure said:

The affair and the violence are all on him, he knew she was on a reality TV show.....it’s all on him, those were his choices.

Totally agree.  Gina on TV probably exacerbated things and brought him to a much worse place than he might normally have gone but it's on him.  He is already suffering major consequences by not being able to find a job.  I almost think it would be in Gina's best interest to drop the charges so he can eventurally find work rather than being stuck in jail.  This way, he could earn an income and pay child support.

12 hours ago, endure said:

Isn’t she selling gluten free water? 

It's carbonated water infused with vitamins C, B, and D.  It actually seems like a unique and smart product.  I gotta give it to Kelly.  She seems to move in the fast lane with ease.  She's no dummy.  I don't think she's made all her money on from her ex husband - a large chunk, maybe, but not all.  Compare to all the other wives who have attempted business ventures.  Hers seems like one of the more smart and potentially successful businesses.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:43 PM, heatherchandler said:

But, is age-shaming really a thing?  How can you try to shame someone because they are older?  Do people get hurt by hearing that they are older?  She is teasing them because they are older... is this hurtful??  No. 

I am trying to imagine someone calling me "old" or "older"... and I feel nothing.

It's all in the intent underlying our choice of words.  Emily and Kelly referenced age when talking about the Tres Amigas in ways that were designed to insult them.    We all expect that kind of junk from Kelly, but it was a bit of a surprise coming from Emily. Emily is coming off less and less likeable as time goes on.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

Yes, Kelly is hot with an insane body and mind.  Fox "News" Boy got himself a crazy in bed hot body to drag around to show off for a while until it all comes crashing down.    It's worth the price of a ring to get to get with  that crazy show for a while. Buckle up buddy!

Braunwyn is hot too.  It's sexy when a woman is hot for other women, and who can blame her?  Her husband with his goofy necklaces seems a bit off and anyway with 7 kids they don’t get much privacy right?  She's probably as horny as hell.  Good for her for getting her freak on and if she wants to get freaky with Tamara, go for it.  

Emily has the potential to be beautiful and it's not her size that's the issue.  It's the hair and make up.  Get her a stylist and she will be stunning.  I'll take a run at a curvy girl before a bean pole with bolt-ons anyway.  (Sorry Tamara)

Shannon has always been someone who I found hard to warm up to. She's all zen one minute but all about the net worth.  She's like a Hollywood Buddhist who meditates to show how centered they are.  She is entirely lovely though and up for all kinds of high-jinks so good on her.

Everyone is pulling for her but remember, she's  the kind of woman who would marry douchebag David.

Gina makes me sad, I really like her but her husband who she just cant give up on is so awful that it gets in her way.  I think she needs a good dose of self-esteem booting and I hope she gets it.  I just want to hug her.

Tamara is rotten.  If I was talking to her, I'd be saying "look Tamara, you're like 70, please try to keep your clothes on"    I feel for her being estranged from her daughter, that’s the worst thing in the world but maybe some of the behavior she blasts on TV isn't helping? 

Vicki is pure evil.  Here's my take on her insane meltdown.  She still has an inflated ego from being on TV for what?  25 years now?  She heads to the reunion where she is not "on the couch" for the first time and she can't deal.   Typical moralist Vicki, she has no right to call out Braunwyn on her stuff after all we've seen of her and her cancer scam.  She can go now. 

Edited by hunkapappa
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nr65000 said:

oh yeah, Bethenny screeching that it was a "tampon desert" at the Berkshires!  You are correct that it's all about women finding other women's vulnerability and going in the for kill.   I think  I find Emily especially egregious because she spouts off to others that they shouldn't go after Vicki's "looks", they should attack her character and she is so upset about all the body shaming she herself has received,  but she goes low with the age remarks every chance she gets.  Bethenny at least isn't a hypocrite. 

I dont know.  When someone tries to shame me over my not needing tampons anymore I'm pretty sure there is a look of smugness on my face.........

I actually can't think of a time where any of my friends complained about missing using a tampon or pad.

Usually that conversation is loaded with sighs of relief and happiness about wearing whatever underwear you want without concern about potential ruin.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I dont know.  When someone tries to shame me over my not needing tampons anymore I'm pretty sure there is a look of smugness on my face.........

I actually can't think of a time where any of my friends complained about missing using a tampon or pad.

Usually that conversation is loaded with sighs of relief and happiness about wearing whatever underwear you want without concern about potential ruin.

LOL, me too!  Happy to be done with tampon shopping forever!

Unfortunately, though, Bethenny is using the "tampon desert" amongst her castmates as a way to point out how much older they are than she is, not to say that she's happy to bleed monthly still.

Younger women than her have had hysterectomies, yet I doubt she'd make the same comments.  Her comments (and Emily's) are purely meant to jab.

I had my hysterectomy while I was still menstruating, and trust me, it was a pleasure to skip the tampon aisle for the first time.

Look, I'm proud of where I am in life, being my age.  If "age-shaming" me is all you got, then I think I'm doing ok.  But to make anything a focus, purely in an attempt to upset them, well that's just wrong, I don't care who you are.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Look, I'm proud of where I am in life, being my age.  If "age-shaming" me is all you got, then I think I'm doing ok.  But to make anything a focus, purely in an attempt to upset them, well that's just wrong, I don't care who you are.

Thank you!  I think you stated what I was trying to say, much more eloquently!  I personally am soooooooooooooo happy to not need a tampon, but that's not at all what Bethany was referencing. 

• Love 4

RE: the above age shaming topic-  seem to recall a limo ride where the OC ladies were all talking about how "far" they are from menopause. I believe it may have been Shannon's 1st season and believe Lizzie Rovsek was still there (loved that gal for not suffering Icki gladly). So it went from period talk to  Shannon admitting if she really squeezes hard, she can still get breastmilk out of her nip. 

Sorry for the TMI. It was on the show. So the OC ladies love their alleged periods as much as any NYC or others  as it means they're still young and hot.

• LOL 1
On 12/28/2019 at 7:02 PM, chenoa333 said:

I agree. But I wonder how often Kelly volunteers her time to feed the homeless. Is it once a year at Thanksgiving? Probably. The sad thing is that those homeless people are homeless and appreciate a hot meal all year,  not just on a holiday.

I'm guessing Kelly does this "random act of kindness" once a year. 

Better than nothing though, ain’t it

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The reason she gets her period?  SHE'S  ON ESTROGEN REPLACEMENT.  Several of my girlfriends IN THEIR 60s get their periods because they're on hormones too.  (They're lighter and quarterly, but nonetheless periods.)

Bethenny will be bragging about getting her period well into her 80s.  

It's carbonated water infused with vitamins C, B, and D.  It actually seems like a unique and smart product

I went to the website and I just may order a case.  It's $34.99 for 24  cans (the variety pack) AND SHIPPING IS FREE WITH NO SALES TAX.  I love flavored carbonated water without sweetener.  

According to the website, the water isn't sold in Walmart.  The Targets where it is available all seem to be in Colorado.  It is available in local chains elsewhere.  It's a little tricky to figure out where it is sold nationally, because you have to put in your ZIP code to find stores locally or within 2000 miles.  That left out the West Coast for me.  

I FOUND IT ON AMAZON ... $20 for a 12-pack.  However, posters said the water IS sweetened with Stevia and erithol (?) and it is sickeningly sweet.  What a shame that they decided to sweeten it AT ALL.  Reviews were mixed, but most didn't like it because it has an "aftertaste."  

Glad I checked there before ordering!

Edited by AuntieDiane6
adding details about Kelly's water
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

Completely agree.  I also am more than happy to not have to worry about tampons, fluctuating hormones, etc.  I often joke that I don't have any hormones left at all and am basically just dust inside!   I feel better now, am happier now and am in better shape than I ever was.  I am very happy to be 59 and I am not sensitive about my age at all.  My point is not that I myself am happy to not have to use tampons (trust, I am ecstatic), my point is the fact that Bethenny used it as a way to point out that she was the only one young enough to still need a tampon and Emily uses it as a way to try and get a "dig" in to the tres amigas.  I think it irks me so much with Emily simply because she has wailed the loudest about how hurt she has been  by the people "body shaming" or "fat shaming" her, yet she turns around and goes for whatever the other women view as their vulnerability, in this case their age.  I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander or basically, she can dish it out but can't take it.   She is most certainly using it as a weapon and she uses it time and time again.  It's true we can't do anything about our age, but let me tell you, time (if we are very lucky), comes for us all and trust Emily, it's right around the corner for you...you're no spring chicken.

• Love 9
On 12/27/2019 at 3:22 PM, Pickles said:

Kelly has some kind of business and is selling something. I don't even know what it is. Haven't looked. She is saying her product is in the Target and Walmart stores (or will be) and she also wants in at Costco. Shannon and Tamra either don't believe it or don't want her to be successful.

Well said about not wanting Kelly successful.  But, also because those stores are not for the rich and mighty people they want to impress.....sort of beneath Shannon and Tamra.  Although, I think Tamra is a little more conscious of spending money on things like clothes or shoes because she has to be in some financial difficulty more than Shannon.  You have to start somewhere, look at the business Betheny of New York has and I remember when she was giving out samples of her food at some supermarket or something.   She is doing just fine financially, although I doubt Kelly has the ability to stay focused on anything long enough to be as lucky.

• Love 1

The best years of my life have been since I had a hysterectomy at age 36. I also went into early menopause because of it, so was done with that by 50. I was told that I would go into a depression because I was no longer able to have kids. Never wanted them before, didn't want them after. Lol. Many of my coworkers at the time had had hysterectomies - every single was was thrilled to no longer have periods. We called ourselves the "hyster sisters", and joked that if men got periods, hysterectomies would be elective surgery. So to me, having a period is nothing to brag about - it is nothing but an inconvenience! 

I saw an article where Kelly bragged a few days ago that she and Rick did not plan to have children, but they "practiced having a baby every day". That sounds painful. Lol. I still don't understand how someone who is a journalist can not be embarrassed by Kelly's inability to put a simple sentence together. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 12/29/2019 at 7:30 AM, Mar said:

From Reality Guy on Instagram. He calls it Shrieky Gunvalson by Edvard Munch. In case you’re not familiar with the original painting, it is called The Scream by Edvard Munch.

525730EB-F6DC-4033-B83B-982849A94503.jpeg

DEA65B6F-95C4-4EDD-90A2-12421A21ABF1.jpeg

Can we get a Tamra version of the Scream? And Shannon too! 😄 Gina would be the cherry on top! Please???

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Can we get a Tamra version of the Scream? And Shannon too! 😄 Gina would be the cherry on top! Please???

Don't leave out Kelly and Emily - they are just as deserving. After all, they are the two with self identified anger management problems.  Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Don't leave out Kelly and Emily - they are just as deserving. After all, they are the two with self identified anger management problems.  Lol. 

While that is true, they actually realize they have anger management problems, which puts them heads above the others of all the housewives and across all of Bravo and all of reality TV.

Now, identifying you have a problem and doing something about it... When my dad was 60 he realized he has an anger management problem - he’s 84 - and, well, ...

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The best years of my life have been since I had a hysterectomy at age 36. I also went into early menopause because of it, so was done with that by 50. I was told that I would go into a depression because I was no longer able to have kids. Never wanted them before, didn't want them after. Lol

I saw an article where Kelly bragged a few days ago that she and Rick did not plan to have children, but they "practiced having a baby every day". That sounds painful. Lol. I still don't understand how someone who is a journalist can not be embarrassed by Kelly's inability to put a simple sentence together. 

OMG, I wanted kids but it wasn’t possible, so when I started early menopause at 47 that was at least some comfort. However, that horrible peri menopause lasted 6 very hot long, very sweaty and very hot years. Now, the insult to injury was having hot flashes while you’re having a period and yet your eggs were no good.

First, amen to no more tampons and a longer lasting supply of unsoiled under garments. 

Second, my husband is so happy that no more hot flashes - a much lower electric bill and a less cranky wife.

Third, this is more directed at RHONY New York - if you are so special in your 40’s because you still have your period - 1) why do you not always have tampons in every purse and every travel bag - that’s on you, making a production of it, that’s just stupid, because if you don’t get old and stop having them, well, you may just stop living; 2) if that’s your rallying cry, then you are very shortsighted and lame; 3) You make too much money that you don’t realize how much your monthly supply of tampons - even on Amazon subscribe and save - cost you; 4) you have no idea how wonderful life will be when you are traveling for work alone in a hotel room hoping to find a least one tampon in the bottom of your purse to save you for that early morning meeting....

• Love 12
On 12/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, Jextella said:

There is a lot about Bronwyn I like, but there is a slice of her I don't like, and I think it may be what bugs Gina and Vicki.

When Gina was recounting the evening her husband got physical, Bronwyn said how much she respects Gina for how she's handled things and also that if Gina needed to talk, she could just call her and she, and all of the women, would be there for her.

All this sounds nice, but it also has some wierd "I'm better than you" vibe at the core. 

To say she respects Gina implies she thinks of herself at a higher level such that her respect should count for something special.  And, Bronwyn was judging Gina.  All the other women just listened, which is all that Gina probably wanted. 

To say she would be there for her, Bronwyn is assuming that her support should count for something special as well - AND that Gina should value/be grateful for her support.

To say all the other women would also be there for her is speaking on behalf of the others which implies that she feels has some sort of "in" with them to be able to do so.  It implies she thinks she is closer with the others than Gina is.   She's working at binding herself to the other cast members while leaving Gina on the outs.  "We" vs "you".

To most, Bronwyn's remarks may seem benign and coming from a good place...and they are, I think.  However, I also feel her comments reveal a certain amount of arrogance, and they are a bit shifty because they serve to elevate herself above Gina.

I don't think Bronwyn know's she's positioning herself this way.  I definately feel there is a bit of wierd psychology with her, but I also think unbridled enthusiasm for being on the show is also at play.  A little of both.

Where Vicki is concerned, I think Bronwyn's sexuality isn't the primary issue.  Gina, Tamra, Vicki, and I think maybe Shannon, have all said Bronwyn is trying too hard.  Shock value and positioning herself as an intimate member of the cast are two examples. 

Vicki would have been far better off if she limited her remarks to these two points.  Her anger about being demoted got the better of her.

I completely agree with your assessment of Bronwyn and how she came across in her support to Gina and how arrogant it sounded and a major pet peeve of mine is when someone speaks for others.  I like her less all the time. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

According to the website, the water isn't sold in Walmart.  The Targets where it is available all seem to be in Colorado.  

Be on alert for reports of a significant rise in deaths in Colorado. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Agree -- good on Emily for passing the bar on her first try.

I am perplexed by Vicki's behavior on the Reunions. First, let me say that I appreciate what she has always brought to the table -- stellar work ethic, Midwestern vibe, slapstick humor, long history as a housewife. She's also a good mom to Brianna and Michael.

But for the life of me, I cannot understand why she is hanging on to Housewife status when she can easily and gracefully pivot to her next stage of life.  In April, she will turn 58 and marry a nice guy while keeping her solid insurance business running. Her children and grandchildren are healthy and in a good place. She's already made a lot of money as a housewife for the past 14 years. Isn't it just time to move on and enjoy the fruits of your labors?

It could NOT be that much fun being an OC housewife. After all, how many fake catfights, manufactured drama, tedious girlfriend trips, Woo-Hoo cocktail hours, bad plastic surgery and excursions so the South Coast Plaza can one actually take?  Victoria Denise Gunvalson -- it is time for a new decade for you, sister.  Ring in the new year with a wonderful new life and don't look back.  

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, virgo said:

But for the life of me, I cannot understand why she is hanging on to Housewife status when she can easily and gracefully pivot to her next stage of life. 

I think because this show is 100% free publicity for her insurance business without this show there is no real nation/world wide publicity for it anymore

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 12/29/2019 at 7:30 AM, Mar said:

From Reality Guy on Instagram. He calls it Shrieky Gunvalson by Edvard Munch. In case you’re not familiar with the original painting, it is called The Scream by Edvard Munch.

525730EB-F6DC-4033-B83B-982849A94503.jpeg

DEA65B6F-95C4-4EDD-90A2-12421A21ABF1.jpeg

Vicky looks like a giant butternut squash 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, Stats Queen said:

However, that horrible peri menopause lasted 6 very hot long, very sweaty and very hot years. Now, the insult to injury was having hot flashes while you’re having a period and yet your eggs were no good.

Yep - I know exactly what you are saying. Try having hot flashes 24/7 (I should be so lucky to have them in the night) then stinking period that lasted to 56 - as I told my cousin, what kind of eggs are slipping through, petrified? And on top of all of that... acne. I had to quit working because nothing was changing after 8 years. I finally broke down and I am trying some hormonal creams, but I just want to know how the women did it a century ago? Or did they just not live that long?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 6
On 12/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, Stats Queen said:

...much money that you don’t realize how much your monthly supply of tampons - even on Amazon subscribe and save - cost you; 4) you have no idea how wonderful life will be when you are traveling for work alone in a hotel room hoping to find a least one tampon in the bottom of your purse to save you for that early morning meeting....

BTW - Statsqueen - your last paragraph had me roaring. You remind me of my sister - to the point, blunt, and sometimes she'd whack me on the side of my head and say, "What were you thinking?" I miss her. Thanks for the laugh.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:13 AM, dosodog said:

I believe the original poster was referring to Southern Charm NEW ORLEANS, not original recipe Southern Charm.

The men on New Orleans are outstanding.  Particularly Jon Moody.  Original recipe are out standing in a river of bullshit, misogyny and JD's bourbon. 

I disliked the one with Katherine, Shep, and Thomas. Is that the OG? Then there was one with some blonde gal whose house caught on fire. Now I believe there's something new with a couple breaking up and she's remarried and expecting? That last one has very strong women shown, which is nice for a change. I am just grateful I keep calling it Southern Charm because my instinct is to call it Southern Comfort. Yum

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
On 12/29/2019 at 9:07 AM, chenoa333 said:

Lisa Rinna RHOBH does a soup kitchen charity event. It was featured on one of the episodes.

Lisa Rinna has supported the following charities listed on this site: looktothestars.org:

Aid For AIDSB

BarbaraDavis Center for Childhood Diabetes

Dogs In Danger

Kelly had recent vaginal reguvination.

Kelly got extra breast procedures while "dating" Dr. Brian.

Her veneers also appear to be updated/made longer. She wears hair extensions.

Oh my, thanks for the laugh. Quite an opposite list. Lisa Rinna is great (in my eyes) and I have always liked her. She often says she will come out and support whenever she's able. I believe she truly good from the heart. Come to think of it, the OC is definitely lagging behind other HW franchises when it comes to charity. I believe Dorinda from NY does a fair amount (but off camera) charity work. Even NJ Dolores with the safe houses. Atlanta... not so sure. What is really sad is that if Kelly seems the 'charitable' one on the OC, what does that say for the others? Yikes!

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
On 12/26/2019 at 8:49 PM, pieinmyeye said:

Andy gritting his teeth when talking to Yucki was everything!!! The clips from episodes in the past were the best! Seriously,

Great post. I bet Andy was gritting his teeth because it was as though Vicki was not on the right stage. She was ranting about stuff being horrible - yet the same stuff she used to do. She states she started the show and denied Andy's remark re: an audition tape. Of course there would be an audition tape, what is wrong with her? I found all of her yelling, rambling etc. was like trying to deal with a drunk. It's impossible, you have to wait for them to sober up. Problem is, this is Vicki, there won't be a better moment. And who is she to try and threaten Andy with "Don't forget where you come from". Andy could have been a gigalo in his past and he is not going to allow anyone to make him feel ashamed of something that is over and gone. That's what Vicki can't stand - people just don't care anymore what one did in their 'past'.

• Love 4
On 12/29/2019 at 12:40 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

It's a lot more than most people do.

Oh dear - my post of shame. Here I am commenting on HW and their charitable acts when I realized the last time I did something charitable (I don't mean sending in a donation) was over 5 years ago!. I will see myself out of this discussion. Sorry.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, Mar said:

I tried to be very careful in my original posting to make it very clear that there is never never any excuse for physical violence. When I stated that she is not 100% innocent, I was not referring to any behavior that warranted physical abuse. I was referring to putting the cheating information in the public domain, which will inevitably reach her children, if not now then at a later age.I don’t think it’s ever OK to do anything that will end up hurting your children. Yes, Matt cheated, which certainly hurts his children. That’s a terrible choice that he made. I was trying to say that Gina also made a decision that will end up hurting her children

Your post was great mar, and clear. I knew what you meant and added my 2 cents. People forget that no one is ever 100% innocent where breakups occur... There will always be something more that we are not privy to, and then voila, 5 years down the road we learn what 'really happened'. Sorry if I made you feel any other way. I do wonder if poor Gina's 'picker' is off as well?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, virgo said:

.But for the life of me, I cannot understand why she is hanging on to Housewife status when she can easily and gracefully pivot to her next stage of life.  In April, she will turn 58 and marry a nice guy while keeping her solid insurance business running. Her children and grandchildren are healthy and in a good place. She's already made a lot of money as a housewife for the past 14 years. Isn't it just time to move on and enjoy the fruits of your labors?

Vicki having been on this franchise the longest had the highest salary as an Orange holder. I'm not sure what she made - but I would imagine it was as high as 700K for filming. This is incredibly generous for just 4 months of their life. I'm also assuming they don't film for 12 hours 5 days a week for those 4 months.

A "HW" also gets other perks such as free plastic surgery. Not paid by Bravo - but given to them as freebie in exchange for free advertising for the plastic surgeon's practice. Let's say a boob job is 10K - there is profit built in so the surgeon makes his money. Let's pretend cost is 6K and profit is 4K. A plastic surgeon who wants to advertise his/her business losing 6K is nothing compared to what they'd have to pay for a TV commercial. A print ad might be cheaper but you don't really see the results as you would on a show. This would explain why we see so many surgical procedures on these shows. If these women had real money - they'd be doing their procedures off season and recovering off season and letting their faces/bodies "settle" Vickie has had at least 7 surgeries to her face while filming. I for one am sick of seeing bandaged, black-eyed swollen faces,

When you're a HW and reach a certain number of followers on SM - companies will sponsor you/pay you for advertising their wares - that's a lucrative revenue stream.

There are perks with clothes - whether they are freebies or borrowed during filming - they may not be high end designers but the ones who benefit are the "HWs"

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

BTW - Statsqueen - your last paragraph had me roaring. You remind me of my sister - to the point, blunt, and sometimes she'd whack me on the side of my head and say, "What were you thinking?" I miss her. Thanks for the laugh.

I disliked the one with Katherine, Shep, and Thomas. Is that the OG? Then there was one with some blonde gal whose house caught on fire. Now I believe there's something new with a couple breaking up and she's remarried and expecting? That last one has very strong women shown, which is nice for a change. I am just grateful I keep calling it Southern Charm because my instinct is to call it Southern Comfort. Yum

Yes--Original recipe is Katherine, Shep, and Thomas.

New Orleans is so very, very different.  I find it to be the rare Bravo show that shows positive marriages and positive friendships.  Real people making real mistakes, but trying to do and be better.

Last year, Jon Moody showed up to an event wearing a lime green turtleneck.  When the group went on a trip, someone bought EVERYBODY lime green turtlenecks to wear.  It was a beautiful, dorky thing to behold.

And they had a dance off too!

I just find Southern Charm New Orleans to be a lovely show.  It's not a show where they single out someone and pick at them all season long.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Yes--Original recipe is Katherine, Shep, and Thomas.

New Orleans is so very, very different.  I find it to be the rare Bravo show that shows positive marriages and positive friendships.  Real people making real mistakes, but trying to do and be better.

Last year, Jon Moody showed up to an event wearing a lime green turtleneck.  When the group went on a trip, someone bought EVERYBODY lime green turtlenecks to wear.  It was a beautiful, dorky thing to behold.

And they had a dance off too!

I just find Southern Charm New Orleans to be a lovely show.  It's not a show where they single out someone and pick at them all season long.  

I don't watch SC New Orleans but it sounds lovely. Even more so - it's authentic

I think with OC it's becoming more and more apparent to the viewing audience - that these women talk often off camera and STRATEGIZE. I think this is one of the main reasons they demoted Vicki - they needed to break up the group that is bringing the show into the tanker and making it more and more inauthentic and less "real"

It's like a game of office politics - but the HW version.

I think Tamra hates Shannon - but is her friend on the show/off the show because she needs to be on good terms with the HW fan favorite. I think she likes Vicki and Kelly BUT she didn't like Vicki and Kelly being good friends because they were the power couple of the group when they were close.

I think Shannon's feelings towards Vicki and Tamra go back to her first impression and first season on the show. They were the ones most "kind" to her in her own eyes her first season. I don't think she ever liked Kelly and she still remembers her first impression of her. She used Kelly when she needed a drinking buddy or go out with companion when she was dumped by David. Once she got into a more serious relationship with a new man - she dropped Kelly like a rock and now thinks she can double date with Tamra/Eddie or Vicki/Steve.

I think Tamra/Shannon - strategized off camera to make sure Vicki and Kelly stayed angry with each other. Shannon is just as much of a snake as Tamra in terms of trying to take Kelly down. Tamra is just better at it because she's slick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

.... That's what Vicki can't stand - people just don't care anymore what one did in their 'past'.

Good thing ... cause her involvement in the cancer~gate should have been a career ender for her.  Amazing what one has done in the past is rather subjective.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Shannon is just as much of a snake as Tamra in terms of trying to take Kelly down. Tamra is just better at it because she's slick.

I loved Shannon when she first came on the show. She seemed so real and honest. Of course she got burnt a couple of times when she learned that the housewives love to act compassionate so they can get the dirt on what is really going on in a newbie's life.Then she switched half way through year three, became nastier to others and quite arrogant, and by year four Shannon was as mean and vile as Vicki and Tamra. She just didn't outright lie... but she loved to plant gossip seeds. Shannon only became nicer to Gina when she realized Gina was in a crappy marriage and soon facing a DUI charge. Finally someone more out of control than her!

• Love 6