Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think she also has a kind heart and a sense of how good she has it. When she filmed with her daughter she chose to help feed the homeless not to refuse to feed models in a vanity fashion show

I agree. But I wonder how often Kelly volunteers her time to feed the homeless. Is it once a year at Thanksgiving? Probably. The sad thing is that those homeless people are homeless and appreciate a hot meal all year,  not just on a holiday.

I'm guessing Kelly does this "random act of kindness" once a year. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Second, reports on many websites have said that he’s parading her around NYC and other places like she’s some kind of trophy.  He might like the “atta-boy” he gets from other men.  

As I said earlier, he's thinking with his smaller head at the moment.  Men do a lot of stupid things when they're in this mindset.   And my sentiment exactly about the "atta-boys" he's probably getting.  Ugh. 

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

At my age, I’ve come to the conclusion that they who talk about how much sex they have and how they do it are all FULL OF SHIT.  That goes from Brownstones threesomes too.  She wants to project herself as unusually sexy and inquisitive about all things sex.  Like it’s the coolest thing on this planet to do.

Those who can, do; those who can't, talk about it.  That's how I feel about any of them trying to be edgy and such with their sexuality.  I hated that about Carole (NYC).  She thought she was so cool talking about anal sex all the time.  It's not shocking anymore, Carole!  Everybody knows about it.  These women are ridiculous at times. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

That might be true although Jolie said she wanted to do it again and Kelly agreed.

How many acts of kindness do you think Vicki, Shannon and Tamra do in a year?

• Love 12
On 12/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, SnarkAttack said:

Coco Chanel:  "I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all."

I love this.  It reminds me of a scene from Mad Men that I love, and now I realize Matthew Weiner kinda stole it!

8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I really hope they dump Tamra, Vicki, and Gina.

Here here!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8

I couldn't make it through Part I and didn't see Part II.  But I did tune in for Part III; Vicki going off the rails actually made me laugh out loud.  The sight of her marching toward the dressing room, railing and making herself out to be a martyr.  And when she slithers through the dressing room door, taking off her Spanx (or whatever), still railing! So Vicki.  But maybe not so clueless.

I have to wonder if some of this was scripted.  The door convienently ajar while the microphone caught her "poor me, I made this franchise" and everyone "but me" is so vulgar.  Gold!  As "over her" as Andy seemed, I would not be surprised if she is back and he considers her as having earned her orange.  

"Is this the world we live in" ..  I can't remember the hanger-on who said this and ate the bow from Heather's cake.  But I miss those days of pretentious drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

As I said earlier, he's thinking with his smaller head at the moment.  Men do a lot of stupid things when they're in this mindset.   And my sentiment exactly about the "atta-boys" he's probably getting.  Ugh. 

Those who can, do; those who can't, talk about it.  That's how I feel about any of them trying to be edgy and such with their sexuality.  I hated that about Carole (NYC).  She thought she was so cool talking about anal sex all the time.  It's not shocking anymore, Carole!  Everybody knows about it.  These women are ridiculous at times. 

Yes, Carole.  A good example, running around the city and having “coffee”  (edgy) with a youngster and talking about it like she was the only one.  Tamra too, with a guy who has Afib and on a lot of meds and is probably doing nothing.

• Love 8

What and/or why was Vicki loudly, aggressively offering up a viewing of her scars to Andy.

Who does that and in what world would Andy give a rats ass about Vickis scars.

Maybe she has finally lost it.

And then at the end, when she is getting into the car with Steve, she puts on the straw hat and acts all demure and cutesy. Ughhhhh.  Steve seemed annoyed at best.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 11

Good grief - I used to defend Vicki......my sister had "leakage" but big time. Once in an outside elevator.  She went to a doctor.....problem solved.

Vickie can't even be a role model for acknowledging it is a woman's problem and it can easily solved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I agree. But I wonder how often Kelly volunteers her time to feed the homeless. Is it once a year at Thanksgiving? Probably. The sad thing is that those homeless people are homeless and appreciate a hot meal all year,  not just on a holiday.

It's a lot more than most people do.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

If we're talking about why the Real Housewives are water cooler shows now and improved Andy's career, then Andy needs to thank Nene, Kim Z, Teresa, Danielle, Bethenny, and Ramona first because Vicki is a lot lower down on the list than she'd care to admit.

Heck, if you mentioned the Real Housewives to most people, they would probably think of those women (and even a few from BHs) before they thought of Vicki.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

But, it's Vicki's show, so there goes that idea. 

I just watched the after-show clips and I think Vickie burnt her bridges.   I would be very surprised if she comes back.  She can be mad and screechy all she wants but we are laughing at her. Don't need to see her ever again.

• Love 13
On 12/26/2019 at 8:15 PM, breezy424 said:

.  You didn't start it.  Get over it.  You've been demoted.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not into what Braun and her husband does.  But....I'm not into what Vicks does either.    

I just get annoyed with any and all of the women when they suddenly feel the need to pronounce what is morally acceptable and what is not. They are so hypocritical. If they decide they do not like someone, they go for the jugular by advertising ANYTHING they hope will turn viewers against that person. It doesn't matter if they exhibit the same behaviour, or if their best friend does the same thing, suddenly it is reprehensible. One thing I can say about Gina and Kelly, you don't hear them chastising someone over bad behaviour while drunk. They see it for what it is. Vicki is scary -delusional.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

2 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Her mother's inability to recognize that she put her daughter in some precarious positions bothers me. I made a couple of iffy decisions with my first born but fortunately I caught on pretty quick. He didn't come with a manual so I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for my mom helping me. Why can't Bronwyn's mom admit that maybe she should have put her selfish behaviour on hold for a few years?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I quite like Braunwynn,  she's open about her life  another  season would be very telling. But, it's Vicki's show, so there goes that idea. 

I am curious what will happen. Remember when Theresa announced RHONJ was her show and the blonde journalist would NOT be back. I believe she came back...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Why can't Bronwyn's mom admit that maybe she should have put her selfish behaviour on hold for a few years?

First, she would have to recognize that her selfish behavior had a negative impact on Braunwyn. She seems to have rationalized that her negligent behavior benefited Braunwyn by forcing her to become independent and self-sufficient, and appears proud of that.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

extra in her breasts

To be fair - this is not the case. Remember she had the surgery to reduce her bust. She just couldn't handle the shoulder and back pain, and Michael had a plaster cast made so he could remember her original bust.

5 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I am curious what will happen. Remember when Theresa announced RHONJ was her show and the blonde journalist (Jackie) would NOT be back. I believe she came back...

• Love 1
On 12/26/2019 at 7:55 PM, Axie said:

You really have to be a bit of a cold bitch, Tamra, if Kelly Dodd has to tell you to comfort Gina.  

Tamra appeared hard and old at the reunion (usually she looks good regardless). It was like she wasn't even there, mentally, AND I will never understand why her behaviour always gets a pass. I am glad she is being sued; she needs to be accountable for her lies. Shannon is only cleared because she exaggerates and embellishes, but usually starts her nonsense with a nugget of truth.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

First, she would have to recognize that her selfish behavior had a negative impact on Braunwyn. She seems to have rationalized that her negligent behavior benefited Braunwyn by forcing her to become independent and self-sufficient, and appears proud of that.

YES!  I remember my mom leaving my 5 YO brother home alone when he was sick.  As an adult--I"m mortified.  She should have been arrested.  Same with Deb (is the hr name?) .

• Love 4
On 12/27/2019 at 8:49 AM, sasha206 said:

I don't think you should introduce your kids to every rando you date. 

I am with you. For the longest time, my son thought I dated/ loved/ married two men in my life, his dad and my present husband. When he found out how 'active' my dating life was (the five years between marriages) he was very impressed that I kept it to myself. As a father, he feels even more appreciation for my discretion. Kids don't need to see that.

• Love 14
On 12/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, heatherchandler said:

But, is age-shaming really a thing?  How can you try to shame someone because they are older?  Do people get hurt by hearing that they are older?  She is teasing them because they are older... is this hurtful?? 

And I think the age comment only came about because the tres amigos never wanted to do the activities the newer gals wanted, and Gina, or one of them, said in her TH, "You can only talk about health and hot flashes so much". When the older gals kept arranging activities where they'd stay together, the younger gals gave up and teased them about doing older activities. I didn't see it as nasty, it was true. Tamra's comment about not wanting to be around 30 somethings at Gina's birthday party said it all.

• Love 9
On 12/27/2019 at 6:07 AM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

. I loved when Bravo ran back all her plays that showed she's no better than Braunwyn who she thinks is so low class. And Vicki hates Braunwyn for what reason? Braunwyn never did anything to her.

You can see her hatred for Bronwyn is all-consuming. She was losing it whenever someone brought up Bronwyn's seven kids, happy marriage etc. Did you see her face as she spat out, "Yeah, yeah we ALL know she has 7 kids". I think it stems from their first meeting when Vicki was going to pull the arrogant, casual 'hello' but Bronwyn told her she didn't trust her because she had been following the show. Vicki isn't used to a newbie not kissing her butt.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
On 12/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mar said:

She is not 100% innocent. 

I am sure she is NOT 100% innocent for some toxic behaviours, however she appears honest when she states she's never cheated, and I really can't imagine what sort of behaviour would warrant physical abuse. She may not be "innocent" but she doesn't deserve to be publicly disrespected or forced to always look over her shoulder in case "Matt freaks out with jealousy". He's THAT guy who feels entitled to cheat on his wife, yet will go postal if his wife dare look at someone else. I hope she can have a clean break from this ass. 

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Still seems more than any other HW has done.

Lisa Rinna RHOBH does a soup kitchen charity event. It was featured on one of the episodes.

Lisa Rinna has supported the following charities listed on this site: looktothestars.org:

Aid For AIDSB

BarbaraDavis Center for Childhood Diabetes

Dogs In Danger

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

Feeding America

Los Angeles Mission

Race to Erase MS

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

I'm thinking many of the HoWives contribute to charities. Kelly Dodd just wants to do it on her Housewives show to make herself appear kind and giving. And FYI: I hate Lisa Rinna. Just used her to make the point that most of these women contribute to charities, but not all of their "volunteer" services are featured on the HoWives franchises.

Kelly Dodd is an aging cougar who feeds off of her own desperation. Where would she be right now if she had NEVER been a Housewife? I doubt she'd be engaged to Rick. 

And I still don't see a lasting relationship with Kelly and Rick. But here's what I DO know:

Kelly had recent vaginal reguvination.

Kelly got extra breast procedures while "dating" Dr. Brian.

Her veneers also appear to be updated/made longer. She wears hair extensions.

So what old man (Rick leventhal) isn't going to ride the wave with this crazy bitch and bang her newly revived vagina and that great set of boobs? 

And IMO: Rick Leventhal is NOT attractive. But glad Kelly found herself a rich man who pays for the two of them to "jet set" all over the world.😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

She is not 100% innocent. 

I am sure she is NOT 100% innocent for some toxic behaviours, however she appears honest when she states she's never cheated, and I really can't imagine what sort of behaviour would warrant physical abuse. She may not be "innocent" but she doesn't deserve to be publicly disrespected or forced to always look over her shoulder in case "Matt freaks out with jealousy". He's THAT guy who feels entitled to cheat on his wife, yet will go postal if his wife dare look at someone else. I hope she can have a clean break from this ass. 

I tried to be very careful in my original posting to make it very clear that there is never never any excuse for physical violence. When I stated that she is not 100% innocent, I was not referring to any behavior that warranted physical abuse. I was referring to putting the cheating information in the public domain, which will inevitably reach her children, if not now then at a later age.I don’t think it’s ever OK to do anything that will end up hurting your children. Yes, Matt cheated, which certainly hurts his children. That’s a terrible choice that he made. I was trying to say that Gina also made a decision that will end up hurting her children

• Love 5
On 12/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, chenoa333 said:

She can also make herself feel better by dropping that 120 pound tumor called Shane. And then go find a partner who has respect for you no matter what. Not an easy task, but it's possible.

Does Emily even work as an attorney now that she found this cushy job on RHOC?

Remember she was a party planner too!  😋

One thing I wish Bravo would do is drop the pretense of the cast members knowing each other.  Emily was supposed to be a friend of Tamra and then during the reunion Tamra said something like "it's hard to get to know her..."    Just break the 4th wall and bring them in as a new cast mate.  Film the current cast at a party, have them all meet the person there.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 12/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, chenoa333 said:

She can also make herself feel better by dropping that 120 pound tumor called Shane. And then go find a partner who has respect for you no matter what. Not an easy task, but it's possible.

Does Emily even work as an attorney now that she found this cushy job on RHOC?

I think Shane should drop the 190 lb tumor known as Emily. Sorry, but you don’t get respect “no matter what”. Expecting someone to love you regardless is how we got Hoarders on the air. 

Shane comes from a wealthy family, has an investigative job, and passed the Utah bar. Emily seems to dabble in law, and if her lawyering capability is on par with her party planning capabilities, she’s probably pretty shitty at it. There are a lot of shitty lawyers out there who breezed through the bar. When they showed her office, it looked like one of those office rentals from Regus.

Id love to see him cut her wide ass loose. Then she’d have a storyline.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Kelly Dodd is an aging cougar who feeds off of her own desperation. Where would she be right now if she had NEVER been a Housewife? I doubt she'd be engaged to Rick. 

And I still don't see a lasting relationship with  

And IMO: Rick Leventhal is NOT attractive. But glad Kelly found herself a rich man who pays for the two of them to "jet set" all over the world.😄

Leventhal is not rich, not by any sense of what these women consider rich.  It's been reported by many media outlets that he's only worth $3 million.  To most of the women of the Real Housewives genre, three million is a drop in the bucket.  I bet Dodd is worth more than he is.  

OK, I've read in a few places that Vicki bought her own engagement ring.  Is that the case?  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Leventhal is not rich, not by any sense of what these women consider rich.  It's been reported by many media outlets that he's only worth $3 million.  To most of the women of the Real Housewives genre, three million is a drop in the bucket.  I bet Dodd is worth more than he is.  

I think to most of the RH women, $3M is what their debt is. Very few on these shows are actually really wealthy.  

I see why, even if he's not worth that much (those sites are often very wrong) he would be attractive to her --  he's got a prestigious job, has been to multiple war zones.  One thing probably has helped by dating Kelly Dodd:  quite a few of us non-Fox viewers now know who he is.  Maybe he can parlay that into being able to headline a show?  Maybe I'm stretching the power of Real HW.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

OK, I've read in a few places that Vicki bought her own engagement ring.  Is that the case?  

I can see Vicki buying a more expensive ring than what Steve bought (or was going to buy). But I don't believe she bought the engagement ring. It's obvious Steve is engaged to Vicki and isn't denying it. So who cares who bought the ring. I'm not saying I like Vicki, just saying IMO it doesn't matter who buys the ring.

• Love 4
On 12/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

No need to offensively stereotype people.  

Here are some of the good guys (at least in terms of how they treat their wives):  the late Bobby Zarin, Lisa VanderPump's husband Ken, Jacqueline's husband Chris on RHoNJ, Mauricio on RHoBH, Kim's husband Kroy (8 years and counting to my shock).  Also, a lot of the husbands on Southern Charm New Orleans... I also liked some of the ex-husbands, like Vicki's Donn (who still sees Brianna and her family) and Nene's Gregg.  I also like Tamra's husband as a nice guy.  I like Kandi's husband Todd, but that may be changing.   I've never watched Dallas or some of the other ones that aren't on air.  

Bravo wants to show drama ... unfortunately, it can't come up with any storylines other than stormy marriages and plastic procedures.  NY seems to have other topics, but I'll miss Bethenny, even though I dislike her intensely.  I'm definitely Team Jason.  

On 12/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

No need to offensively stereotype people.  

Here are some of the good guys (at least in terms of how they treat their wives):  the late Bobby Zarin, Lisa VanderPump's husband Ken, Jacqueline's husband Chris on RHoNJ, Mauricio on RHoBH, Kim's husband Kroy (8 years and counting to my shock).  Also, a lot of the husbands on Southern Charm New Orleans... I also liked some of the ex-husbands, like Vicki's Donn (who still sees Brianna and her family) and Nene's Gregg.  I also like Tamra's husband as a nice guy.  I like Kandi's husband Todd, but that may be changing.   I've never watched Dallas or some of the other ones that aren't on air.  

Bravo wants to show drama ... unfortunately, it can't come up with any storylines other than stormy marriages and plastic procedures.  NY seems to have other topics, but I'll miss Bethenny, even though I dislike her intensely.  I'm definitely Team Jason.  

I LOVE everything about your post, except two shout-outs: Jason Hoppy scares me in that quiet-hubby-turns- serial-killer way. He was emotionally abusive and extremely controlling. I find that ALL the men on Southern Comfort appear to belong to the "Old Boys" club where friends (and enemies) look the other way and say nothing when the husband is seen stepping out on his wife. They act as though no knowledge equals no harm, no foul. Suddenly they all take the stance that it is none of their business, whereas prior they are up in everyone's business. I agree that Bobby was so sweet and respectful towards Jill. How hard is that for men to behave? Don't they realize that no matter how sour the relationship may be turning, they will always appear classy and the better man with this approach.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I find that ALL the men on Southern Comfort appear to belong to the "Old Boys" club where friends (and enemies) look the other way and say nothing when the husband is seen stepping out on his wife

Yes. It's sometimes difficult for me to watch SC because the old fashioned stereotypes are still alive and well. But I still watch. I do like SC.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

I can see Vicki buying a more expensive ring than what Steve bought (or was going to buy). But I don't believe she bought the engagement ring. It's obvious Steve is engaged to Vicki and isn't denying it. So who cares who bought the ring. I'm not saying I like Vicki, just saying IMO it doesn't matter who buys the ring.

I can see her buying a ring because it was his last excuse he gave as to why they shouldn't get married (I can't afford a ring Vicki...oh if that's all it is, I'll buy it!).  

I see zero chemistry between the two of them.  If she gets kicked off the show, I think the engagement is done.   He is enjoying living off her RHOC money.  When that evaporates, he'll be gone.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Just to clear up any misconception,  didn't say that if Vicki bought her own engagement ring was wrong or bad.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if what I've been reading was the case.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I LOVE everything about your post, except two shout-outs: Jason Hoppy scares me in that quiet-hubby-turns- serial-killer way. He was emotionally abusive and extremely controlling. I find that ALL the men on Southern Comfort appear to belong to the "Old Boys" club where friends (and enemies) look the other way and say nothing when the husband is seen stepping out on his wife. They act as though no knowledge equals no harm, no foul. Suddenly they all take the stance that it is none of their business, whereas prior they are up in everyone's business. I agree that Bobby was so sweet and respectful towards Jill. How hard is that for men to behave? Don't they realize that no matter how sour the relationship may be turning, they will always appear classy and the better man with this approach.

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. It's sometimes difficult for me to watch SC because the old fashioned stereotypes are still alive and well. But I still watch. I do like SC.

I believe the original poster was referring to Southern Charm NEW ORLEANS, not original recipe Southern Charm.

The men on New Orleans are outstanding.  Particularly Jon Moody.  Original recipe are out standing in a river of bullshit, misogyny and JD's bourbon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Vicki, Norma Desmond called. She wants her delusions back. 

I don’t see her returning next year. Didn’t Andy cut Jill for questioning his authority and embarrassing him. Also he has always refused to give Marlo a peach since her homophobic remarks... Vicky did both imho on the reunion. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Just to clear up any misconception,  didn't say that if Vicki bought her own engagement ring was wrong or bad.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if what I've been reading was the case.

I didn't take your comment that way. And I agree that it would be nice to know if this rumor is true or not. We don't even know for sure, if Vicki is no longer on the show. 

Andy loves the drama and probably perpetuates alot of it. 

• Love 5

"I saw you in a podcast... oh, sorry I meant news articl--

"I DON'T DO PODCASTS!"

5 minutes later...

"I have a podcast coming up with Westwood One..."

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5

I believe the original poster was referring to Southern Charm NEW ORLEANS, not original recipe Southern Charm.

The men on New Orleans are outstanding.  Particularly Jon Moody.  Original recipe are out standing in a river of bullshit, misogyny and JD's bourbon. 

Yes, New Orleans.  The retired football player and the TV anchor's husband both seemed to be good guys.  

I genuinely have enjoyed that show and at times, especially when the dad was talking to his teen son about DWB ... it was very moving.  

• Love 4