Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Wow, some of the stink faces (I don’t know what else to call them) from Shannon, Tamra, and Gina when the other women were talking were very revealing of their inner ugliness. And Gina, great job revealing something Emily told you in confidence about her text... end of a friendship, I think.

• Love 14

Yes, Gina went through something horrific with Matt, and there is never any justification for violence, NEVER.
She made the choice to reveal to the world AND HIS CHILDREN that he was having an affair. She is not 100% innocent. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kelly can just sail into the sunset as far as I'm concerned.  She's another age shamer.   

But, is age-shaming really a thing?  How can you try to shame someone because they are older?  Do people get hurt by hearing that they are older?  She is teasing them because they are older... is this hurtful??  No. 

I am trying to imagine someone calling me "old" or "older"... and I feel nothing.

I think people get too upset about what other people say.  Who cares what other people say?  I always think, does this person's opinion matter to me?  And it never does, so I go on with my day.

12 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Shane didn't seem so bad, he's still a twerp, and Emily did play the role of victim. Omg when Gina opened her mouth to talk about something  Emily told her in confidence, I felt bad for Emily, but not for long. I think Emily has a great figure, great natural  bustline. She just needs to get in shape, but I don't see their marriage  working out.

She "needs" to do this for whom?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 13

Before Shane comes on stage, Emily says her and Shane's relationships is one with high highs and low lows.  I basically call bs.  The highs have got to be maybe 5 on a scale of 10, not 9's or 10's.  Yet she keeps on "taking it" as she says.

But after the segment with her Shane, now...I'm glad the little troll and she have worked out a mission statement, and they look like they have the potential for some higher highs

• Love 6

These shows are designed for women and gay guys. They specialize in demonizing men. Every man on every franchise is a victim. Shane is one of the most egregious cases. Does he make a dick move now and again? Sure we all do. He needs to disengage and not come on the show. Don’t make your struggle to pass the bar Emily’s storyline. Let her play the victim to someone else.

• Love 9

Those tres amigas are hard bitches.  During Gina's teary run down of events, Shannon is smiling away (hey look other people have imperfect relationships too, makes me look better), and Tamra at the end about the new love interest says "a good man can change a woman" (ie Gina was so defective). Inhuman.

Like someone above said, Tamra had to be told to comfort Gina.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Vicki is unglued. Her BFF Tamra bares her plastic boobies far more often than Brawny. Vicki’s real issue with Brawny is that she replaced Vicki. I’m predicting that this was Vicki’s last season. 

Gina seems to be rushing in to a new relationship. I think she is the type of woman whose self esteem is based on having a man . 

Bingo! Vicki is becoming unhinged now that she sees that Bravo is probably dumping her. The screaming, the entitlement, the proclamations that she developed the show??? Really? She needs to go...big time. 

Gina seems very codependent to me. Her betrayal of Emily's confidential conversation with her on national TV was a low blow...I wouldn't ever confide anything to her again if I were any of those women. 

• Love 22
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

But, is age-shaming really a thing?  How can you try to shame someone because they are older?  Do people get hurt by hearing that they are older?  She is teasing them because they are older... is this hurtful??  No. 

I am trying to imagine someone calling me "old" or "older"... and I feel nothing.

I think people get too upset about what other people say.  Who cares what other people say?  I always think, does this person's opinion matter to me?  And it never does, so I go on with my day.

When it is used to be hurtful, yes age-shaming is a thing.  While I'm all over this thread talking about how I think Kelly is right when it comes to age and long extensions,  I wouldn't go up to someone and tell them, "You're too old to wear that hairstyle."  Like I would never tell someone they're too fat too wear a certain outfit.  Both may be constructive criticism, both are obnoxious and essentially shaming the other person. 

Emily's not even intending to provide constructive criticism; her comments are intended to hurt. And it's just stupid.  In many cases, one could argue that fat can be helped/minimized.  You can't change your birth year.  

Will be fun when she gets to be their age and experiences it.  Edit: She's really not all that far off from experiencing it, which makes her comments even dumber to me.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14

Take aways from the final Reunion episode...

They all wear way too much tanner....and make up.

Vicki is losing it.

Tamra is just a middle aged woman trying too hard to be bad ass and act like a 20 something party girl.

Gina will get in another bad relationship...she needs therapy and time without a man in her life to get whole and healthy.

Braunwyn is not unlikeable but her sexual escapades are sad attempts to reinvent herself as a crazy OC wannabe.

Emily...meh.

Kelly...her "engagement" will not result in a wedding. She is too volatile and unstable to have a normal relationship. She makes Vicki look calm, cool and collected.

Shannon...her transition from wife/mother to divorcee out on the town and dating should make for good TV but didn't seem to hit the mark. 

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, mon berg said:

In some ways I do agree with Vicki the whole Tamra and Borewin are very classless

Yes, they are. Tamra's "I'm going to get drunk and  naked as much as possible " to try to stay interesting is more boring than waiting at a 4 minute stop light.

Tamra's tactic this time is "I'm going to (pretend) to befriend BoreWind (love that moniker!) and then fuck her over when I feel threatened by her becoming more popular than me". 

And am I the only one who was shocked when Vicki got "called out" for mispronouncing BraunWynns name? I think almost all of the women (including Andy) said they've ALL heard the name BraunWynn before. Like it's just as common as the name Susan. I call bull$hit. MOST people have never heard that dumb name..ever. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why did Shannon giveKelly a dirty look when Kelly mentioned Walmart and Target?  What did they mean?

Kelly has some kind of business and is selling something. I don't even know what it is. Haven't looked. She is saying her product is in the Target and Walmart stores (or will be) and she also wants in at Costco. Shannon and Tamra either don't believe it or don't want her to be successful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Kelly has some kind of business and is selling something. I don't even know what it is. Haven't looked. She is saying her product is in the Target and Walmart stores (or will be) and she also wants in at Costco. Shannon and Tamra either don't believe it or don't want her to be successful.

I think it’s a few things:

1. They don’t want her to be successful 

2. Shannon was annoyed at Miraval because while everyone else used that time to say something meaningful, Kelly said she wants “Walmart, Target, Costco” and Shannon was annoyed bc she didn’t think Kelly was taking it seriously and was likely mocking her

3. Jealousy 

• Love 17

Exactly.  Flavored water with vitamins and stuff for $1.80/can suggested retail.  The initial price was $2.49, then $1.99.

Positive Beverage was founded on the promise to fuel everyone’s day with better ingredients that taste great and have enough essential vitamins to you through! [sic] With the flip of a tab, you’ll open a naturally flavored, lightly carbonated beverage packed with their perfect combination of 110% of all added vitamins, healthy Potassium electrolytes and strength-building Calcium in a zero calorie, thirst-quenching experience great for the entire family. All Positive Beverage verities [sic] are sugar-free and contain no artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.

https://www.bevnet.com/news/2019/positive-beverage-showcased-on-real-housewives-of-orange-county-with-kelly-dodd

kelly.jpg

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why did Shannon giveKelly a dirty look when Kelly mentioned Walmart and Target?  What did they mean?

I think she's selling some kind of bottled water.  I'm not sure what makes it so special, but I vaguely recall them showing it on the show.  It might be sparkling water. 😉

I do think that Emily has pointed out every one of Shane's faults, which does make him look really bad.  As he said, he's no angel, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as Emily says he is.  I feel the same way about Simon & Tamra.  I look at it this way:  If you constantly tell people all of the nitpicky faults of your spouse/S.O., then people are only going to have that perception.  The look on Tamra & Shannon's face said it all when they realized that maybe Emily can be quite the bitch to Shane too.  I'm glad that Kelly called Emily out on her behavior.  

Vicki is the last one to judge anybody else on their behavior.  She helped mold this show, and now she wants to suddenly be seen as respectable?  Puh-lease.  She helped steer this show right into the gutter.  As Tamra said, nobody watches this show in order to have a new role model!  That's the smartest thing she's ever said!  I think that Braunwynn and her husband have an odd arrangement, but if it works for them, then far be it for me to concern myself with it. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

it was Jenna who was approached about the show

Correct Jeana, not "I don't wanna get oldVicki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Housewives_of_Orange_County_(season_1)

In August 2016, Keough, now a former cast member, revealed on Oprah: Where are they Now? that it was her family that inspired the series due to the producer, Scott Dunlop, being her neighbor at the time and writing the show about Keough and her family. Keough also went on to claim the success of the show was the time was due to timing, saying "the writers’ strike was on, so we became hugely successful for lack of anything else on TV."[5][6]

Cast and synopsis         Five housewives were featured during the first season of The Real Housewives of Orange County, who were described as "women who are living lives of privilege and indulgence, replete with gorgeous homes, privileged offspring and fabulous bling."[11] The first season sees Bryant discussing her family's move from Baltimore to Coto de Caza while dealing with a health scare,[12][13] while De La Rosa's relationship with her fiancé Slade Smiley presents struggles.[7][12][13] Gunvalson runs her own insurance company, for which Waring is an employee.[14] Waring struggles financially after her divorce from her unnamed ex-husband, deals with her teenage son Josh's frequent run-ins with the law, and unexpectedly sees her young adult daughter Ashley move back in with the family after previously living in Los Angeles.[7][14][15][16] With her husband Matt Keough often away traveling for work, Keough raises her children Shane, Kara, and Colton fairly independently.[8][13][17][18]

Taglines

·       Jeana: "It's just money, you can't take it with you.”[19]

·       Jo: "He's pretty much keeping me."

·       Kimberly: "85 percent of the women around here have had breast implants."

·       Lauri: "Are the police involved?"

·       Vicki: "I don't wanna get old."

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

1. They don’t want her to be successful 

I agree with you, and I think that they were basically laughing at her because it is water she's selling.  If you can make money off of it, then go for it!  Shannon made a lot of stink faces during the reunion.  Someone needs to call her out on that. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Braun got your orange and you're pissed. 

4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Vicki’s real issue with Brawny is that she replaced Vicki. I’m predicting that this was Vicki’s last season. 

7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m disappointed in the rest of the cast for not calling Vicki out on the true reason she hates Brawnwyn- she took her orange.

4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Vicki’s real issue with Brawny is that she replaced Vicki.

I guess Ickie is pretty easy to read.  😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

People really seem to be into the sparkling water these days!  Maybe Kelly can capitalize on this current trend.  

I noticed that Shannon & Tamra were very dismissive of her engagement to Rick Leventhal, even though it did happen quickly, and I think she's a little impulsive.  They do make good points about him being in NYC, but it's really not their problem.  When they said "but he's in NYC," she should've said "no shit, Sherlock."  It's as if she hasn't thought about that.  

Edited by ChitChat
Correct my post
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Shannon made a lot of stink faces during the reunion.  Someone needs to call her out on that. 

Shannon's face is melting and morphing into various abstract interpretations of that famous painting "The Scream". It won't be long before Shannon can't express ANY emotion on her "face". Much like Cher.

42 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Positive Beverage was founded on the promise to fuel everyone’s day with better ingredients that taste great and have enough essential vitamins to you

Kelly however, prefers to get her "energy and fuel" through alcohol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

BLK Water (Caroline Manzos boys) is still on the market and I saw it at my grocery store for $1.99 for I think for 16 oz?  Basically looks like water you shouldn't drink.

I love fizzy water and if it has electrolytes like CORE (not just for taste purposes) I would buy it (on sale of course).  I get leg cramps at night and CORE is the best for me so I make the investment. 

I used to drink tonic water but vodka and limes kept sneaking in.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

It's some kind of health water...

34 minutes ago, mytmo said:

BLK Water (Caroline Manzos boys) is still on the market and I saw it at my grocery store for $1.99 for I think for 16 oz?  Basically looks like water you shouldn't drink.

I love fizzy water and if it has electrolytes like CORE (not just for taste purposes) I would buy it (on sale of course).  I get leg cramps at night and CORE is the best for me so I make the investment. 

The shameless plugs for BLK Water by both Caroline Manzo and her sister in law Jacqueline was nauseating...those two mama's boys couldn't sell anything without the entire tribe shilling for them. Terrible product with zero appeal.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I still don’t Iike BW, I don’t know why. She really does try too hard, and maybe she is really nice but I feel like it’s all an act fo attention, attention, attention! Seeing who who mother is, maybe I can’t really blame her. Nothing like repeating history tho, her kids will thank her later. <sarcasm>

I also LIKE Shane. I know that’s unpopular, but I feel like they have an understanding and Emily is probably very difficult. I follow her on Instagram because I am pathetic, but I think they look pretty happy. I am most like Emily than any other housewife (except I am poor and not all that smart lol) and I spent a loooong time with a snarky, emotionally unavailable significant other whom I also enjoyed the shit out of because we were so much alike. It was great until it wasn’t. 

I am childless-however I weren’t, the second my kid kicked the dog, I’d get rid of it (the kid.) Emily and I do NOT have have that in common. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I do think that Emily has pointed out every one of Shane's faults, which does make him look really bad.  As he said, he's no angel, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as Emily says he is.  I feel the same way about Simon & Tamra.  I look at it this way:  If you constantly tell people all of the nitpicky faults of your spouse/S.O., then people are only going to have that perception.  The look on Tamra & Shannon's face said it all when they realized that maybe Emily can be quite the bitch to Shane too.  I'm glad that Kelly called Emily out on her behavior.  

Agreed.  Based on her age shaming, I wouldn't be surprised if she height shamed Shane and then holds her "I passed the bar the first time" over his head all the time.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Herself. She will feel much better, she will see herself, and not cry, as she said she did!!

She can also make herself feel better by dropping that 120 pound tumor called Shane. And then go find a partner who has respect for you no matter what. Not an easy task, but it's possible.

Does Emily even work as an attorney now that she found this cushy job on RHOC?

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, kicksave said:

It's some kind of health water...

The shameless plugs for BLK Water by both Caroline Manzo and her sister in law Jacqueline was nauseating...those two mama's boys couldn't sell anything without the entire tribe shilling for them. Terrible product with zero appeal.

Several years ago, they were giving away samples at my local supermarket. It looked disgusting but I tried it because I was curious. It tastes as bad as it looks. I had to go home and brush my teeth to get the aftertaste out of my mouth.

9 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It is a derivative of an old Welsh name Branwen.  Branwen features prominently in Welsh literature from the 12th century.  It isn’t super common in the US, but isn’t just a made up name and is more common in other English speaking countries like England, Ireland, Australia, etc.  I’d say it’s kind of on par with Siobhan but possibly a little more common.  I think maybe people that pay attention to things more on a global scale than just US-centric are more likely to be familiar with it.  Saying it is dumb just because you are unfamiliar with it is kind of problematic.

It’s not only problematic, it’s incredibly rude.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Coco Chanel:  "I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all."

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Peggy and Diko seem quaint. I miss Diko’s circa-1987 Eurotrash-by-way-of-Dave-Gahan style and his crazy way of spinning yarns about his homeland, like a youngish Sophia Petrillo. So ridiculous and stupidly excessive, but that’s how I like my housewives and buttinsky househusbands.

6 hours ago, mon berg said:

In some ways I do agree with Vicki the whole Tamra and Borewin are very classless they are not teenagers and doing this sort of stuff... (Problem with Vicki is she judges others yet does awful things herself)

Ugh, I did that multi-quote thing, and these two posts got stuck together!

To the first post: That was a really funny description of Peggy and Diko!  I didn’t dislike them either.  I should have said this season wasn’t as bad as season 12.  What I think went wrong that season was that Vicki became so unpopular in seasons 10 and 11 that they brought even more people on to film with her (Peggy and Lydia), in addition to Kelly, who had come on the season before, and it was too much.  I realized it when Peggy and Kelly were actually fighting about who got to tend to Vicki in Iceland.  Lydia came back with some really weird energy too.  I always felt like Meghan was an awkward addition to the cast.  There was nothing to grip onto, if that makes any sense.  It felt so fake.  Everyone was filming, but no one liked each other.  Every week I just tuned into a bunch of women (who didn’t know Vicki) kissing Vicki’s ass, and some other women spewing how much they hated Vicki and I didn’t really get it.  This is better than that, to me, but it’s a big downturn from seasons 3-6 and 8 IMO.

To the second post:  I agree and I’m going to stick up for Vicki vs Braunwyn (Tamra is a lost cause) in what I hope is a very low-key way.  She wasn’t saying it at the reunion, which is her problem, but I think what Vicki was getting at was that they could have shown a package like they showed of her (did they even show one of my all-time favorites “my boobs want to come out and play”??), but that happened over the course of 13 seasons.  There were also friendship, family and business moments that, IMO, Braunwyn didn’t bring.  Yes, Braun had her nauseating mom and her seven kids, but it felt very contrived.  When Vicki’s mom came on the show and said that Vicki’s hair looked yellow, and Vicki was crestfallen, that was an organic moment that Braunwyn never had.  I think Vicki trying to be sexual is funny, because she’s really, really not.  Braunwyn’s sexuality strikes me as jaded.  So there is a difference between Vicki demonstrating a blowjob on a lollipop and Braunwyn doing it to me.  It’s like the difference between your grandma cussing someone out, and some trashy little third grader doing the same thing—same deed, not the same impact.

Maybe it’s because I’ve “known” Vick for 13 years, and I see her whole package.  It’s so hard to remember, because it was so long ago, but Vicki used to be a pretty decent person.  I definitely think Vicki is jealous of Braunwyn for being younger, prettier and thinner, but that’s not the entire source of her antipathy.  When the show first started, Vicki said very openly, very calmly that Laurie is a great package.  She said, with no guile, “Of course I want to look like Laurie.  She’s prettier than I am.  She’s thinner than I am.”  So I remember that stuff and it informs my judgment.  Even though Vicki was a really needy mom, I got the impression that she loves her kids very much.  Braunwyn seems like she’s only interested in the flavor of the month—this season it was Rowan.  When she went to visit the college with her other daughter, she wore an attention-seeking outfit that I don’t think Vicki would ever wear to visit a college with Brianna.

All that to say that Braunwyn came on and sowed seeds of doubt in me almost immediately, whereas it took me like 10 seasons to think Vicki might be completely duplicitous.  Prior to that, I just thought she was fun-crazy.  Braunwyn is try-hard “crazy.” To the extent Vicki is making that point, I don’t agree with the way she’s making it, but I agree with her.  All the other crap she’s spouting, she can stuff in a sack.  

This is not Vicki’s show, she did not start it, but if they are going to give her a platform to give her opinion and she says she doesn’t like Braunwyn, because Braunwyn changed the tenor of the show, that’s a fair point (when someone asked her about Tamra, Vicki said she spoke to Tamra about this off-camera, and I do believe that).  If Vicki would have said she lost credibility with the cancer stuff and derailed the show, but prior to that time, it was her opinion that the show was going in a better direction than it is now, I would have agreed with her wholeheartedly.  I don’t think there’s anything untrue about that statement.

I also think she should have said that and then walked off the set.  There’s nothing else to say if you think the show is ruined.  Nobody wants your suggestions on repairing it.  She should leave and not look back, and if she and Steve can’t carve out a life for themselves with their savings, then they should downsize and downsize until they can make ends meet.  Maybe that even means—gasp—leaving California!

What I don’t think you get to do is rant and rave about how poorly something is being run, but continue to be a part of it.  I hate the way my office is run, but I keep my mouth shut, because no one wants my input.  The day I open my mouth is the day I’ll walk, and I don’t really understand doing it any other way.  Vicki lost a lost of face by going so hard against the powers that be at the show, but not quitting.  That’s what I don’t respect.

15 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Someone said above that Andy seemed scared of her; I disagree. What I got from his expression and texting was that he’s DONE with her.

I agree that Andy didn’t seem scared of Vicki at the reunion.  The reason I said I thought he was scared of her—and I should have been clearer about where I was coming from—was because, before the season started, when they aired that “How Did They Get Here” show, it was a half an hour of useless bullshit about Vicki and Tamra, even though we all knew Vicki didn’t have her orange this season.  Not a word about Gina or Emily, but practically an E! Hollywood Special about someone who’s not a full-time cast member?  It seemed like someone at the network was scared.

Also, when Vicki was on WWHL this season—which is a horrible show, Andy is constantly cutting his guests off so he can mug for the camera—he treated her with absolute kid gloves and it struck me as strange.  Maybe I should stop watching that show.  It gives me agita.  

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Does anyone here actually enjoy watching Vicki or Tamra? Just curious.

NO!! And I don't like any of the other hags either. I "hate" watch. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

If that is the last we see of Vicki? In all her shrieky, delusional glory? That might be a little hug from Baby Jesus. Think Steve had ever seen that side of her?

Didn't realize just how big of a human shield Vicki was to Tamra until she was demoted.

Shannon, you are new human shield. Your constant stinkface says you know it, too.

Braunwyn can do whatever she wants, imo. Including stealing oranges.

Kelly is a better fit for NYH anyway. Those bitches can handle her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Well, that was interesting. I actually agree with Vicki that Bronte is kissing Tamra and whomever for attention, and to keep her orange. And like other posters I think there is a difference between how Vicki has acted in the past, and Bronte coming out strong and aggressive right out of the gate. Bronte is more like her mother than not. And I don't for a minute believe that one of her kids was thanking her for kissing other women on the show, like she is some kind of role model. Which is what she was implying. Not buying it.

I also agree with Vicki when she said that she was not interviewed for the show. An audition tape is something quite different IMO. An interview would be when a producer or whoever sits down and asks questions about your views on different subjects. That is not what Andy showed, at all. He really lost it with his hissing at Vicki. I wonder what she has on him? 

I have always liked Shane more than Emily, and have always felt that Emily is passive aggressive in their relationship. So glad to see so many howives come out in defense of Shane. When Kelly said that Emily was a bitch to Shane, that spoke volumes to me. Andy didn't seem too happy though as that negates Emily's whole storyline of what a terrible husband Shane is. 

Then there is Kelly, who gets engaged after four months of dating, and was picking out her own ring weeks before that. Yikes. I saw somewhere where she said they were travelling to Canada (lucky us) and it would be their 5th country to visit together. Sounds like their whole relationship has been travelling together, which is hardly real life. 

I don't believe that given a choice Jolie would choose to live with her mother and her insta fiance over her father. I think Jolie would welcome someone taking her mother off her hands, so that she could go back to being a kid and not her mother's BFF and therapist. 

I see that Rick has a daughter who is a social worker in NYC. I bet she deals with Kelly type mothers all the time. She must be mortified at the thought of having Kelly as her new step mommy. Her last step mommy lasted nine months before step mommy and Rick divorced. That was two years ago. So many red flags, Kelly must be colour blind. As must Rick. A match made in hell. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I made my previous comments about this before watching that final scene from the reunion.  In previous episodes, Shannon & Tamra made fun of Kelly because of the product itself, but I think she got the side eye at the reunion because they were supposed to say something meaningful about themselves when they were putting the petals in the big bowl, but she turned it into something materialistic for herself.  Of course she can say what she wants to, but Shannon hated it when she did that at the retreat.  There was no self-awareness that the intent of the exercise wasn't for material gain, but for self-improvement.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I loved it when Shannon brought up that Kelly had said that she and Brian would be engaged in 6 months. Kelly denied it, but I remember her saying that on the show. Good on Shannon. Like others, I think it is ridiculous that Kelly has gotten engaged to someone without even introducing him to her daughter, Just shows (which I have always thought) that Jolie is a prop in Kelly's life. Important when Kelly has nothing else going on, disposable when someone more important (a man) comes along. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

Does anyone here actually enjoy watching Vicki or Tamra? Just curious.

Yes, I love watching Vicki! To explain further...

13 minutes ago, Mar said:

I agree about that outfit B wore, but as far as attention seeking t one’s child’s college, don’t forget in Season One (?) when Vicki showed up unannounced at Michael’s college dorm and did keg stands, screamed, and got drunk.

I think Vicki makes great television precisely because she is so lacking in self-awareness. She has no capacity to edit herself. No ability to create a false face for the cameras. And I will also agree with those who have said that Vicki is more dimensional than someone like Braunwyn. Yes, she is needy, delusional and entitled. She is also a successful entrepreneur and she actually raised kids who seem to be doing well (without excessively spoiling them - aka financing a whole frigging fashion show for them as teenagers). I will admit Vicki has definitely been stretched thin the past few seasons - Steve hasn't been a good influence for her story-wise because she seems much more "reigned in" - and perhaps it is time for her to go. But I do find Vicki to be one of the realest housewives of any franchise. She can't help being who she is. And I find that compelling even if she is an incredibly problematic person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Correct Jeana, not "I don't wanna get oldVicki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Housewives_of_Orange_County_(season_1)

In August 2016, Keough, now a former cast member, revealed on Oprah: Where are they Now? that it was her family that inspired the series due to the producer, Scott Dunlop, being her neighbor at the time and writing the show about Keough and her family. Keough also went on to claim the success of the show was the time was due to timing, saying "the writers’ strike was on, so we became hugely successful for lack of anything else on TV."[5][6]

Cast and synopsis         Five housewives were featured during the first season of The Real Housewives of Orange County, who were described as "women who are living lives of privilege and indulgence, replete with gorgeous homes, privileged offspring and fabulous bling."[11] The first season sees Bryant discussing her family's move from Baltimore to Coto de Caza while dealing with a health scare,[12][13] while De La Rosa's relationship with her fiancé Slade Smiley presents struggles.[7][12][13] Gunvalson runs her own insurance company, for which Waring is an employee.[14] Waring struggles financially after her divorce from her unnamed ex-husband, deals with her teenage son Josh's frequent run-ins with the law, and unexpectedly sees her young adult daughter Ashley move back in with the family after previously living in Los Angeles.[7][14][15][16] With her husband Matt Keough often away traveling for work, Keough raises her children Shane, Kara, and Colton fairly independently.[8][13][17][18]

Taglines

·       Jeana: "It's just money, you can't take it with you.”[19]

·       Jo: "He's pretty much keeping me."

·       Kimberly: "85 percent of the women around here have had breast implants."

·       Lauri: "Are the police involved?"

·       Vicki: "I don't wanna get old."

Thanks for the info! As I said, I thought it started with Jeana. What I don’t understand is why Ickie hasn’t been called out on it.

• Love 3

These shows are designed for women and gay guys. They specialize in demonizing men. Every man on every franchise is a victim.

No need to offensively stereotype people.  

Here are some of the good guys (at least in terms of how they treat their wives):  the late Bobby Zarin, Lisa VanderPump's husband Ken, Jacqueline's husband Chris on RHoNJ, Mauricio on RHoBH, Kim's husband Kroy (8 years and counting to my shock).  Also, a lot of the husbands on Southern Charm New Orleans... I also liked some of the ex-husbands, like Vicki's Donn (who still sees Brianna and her family) and Nene's Gregg.  I also like Tamra's husband as a nice guy.  I like Kandi's husband Todd, but that may be changing.   I've never watched Dallas or some of the other ones that aren't on air.  

Bravo wants to show drama ... unfortunately, it can't come up with any storylines other than stormy marriages and plastic procedures.  NY seems to have other topics, but I'll miss Bethenny, even though I dislike her intensely.  I'm definitely Team Jason.  

• Love 11

I'm happy Vickie is gone.  She exhibited ZERO grace at the reunion and kept reminding people backstage this was HER show, etc., etc.  Vickie should not have come back as a "friend of..." if she couldn't take it.  She sure didn't seem to want to get her orange back.  

I don't see how Kelly can come back.  Her offer to help Jim B. in his lawsuit is a line she can't uncross.  Fortunately, I won't miss her at all.  She is just mean.  However, I will like laughing at her if she really does get remarried.

Tamra always seems to get a pass with her "I was blotto drunk..."  How about this?  Don't do tequila shots? 

Shannon?  I still like her and I hope her daughter is happy at Baylor.

I still don't care about Gina and Emily.  Bad husbands?  Bad health?  Bad choices?  Meh.  You each have three kids.  You're blessed.  Start acting like it.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, mytmo said:

The gin and olives kept sneaking in for me.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3