Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

On 12/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, itsadryheat said:

Very disappointed in Shannon. Can't decide if she is a more polished version of Vileki and Tamrat, or weak and mirroring their nasty personalities.

I used to really like Shannon. I even excused her bad behavior

I've come to realize how much of an asshole she is. It's wasn't so much that I liked her as much as I felt sorry for her.

Andy asked Kelly how Shannon went after her this season - and Kelly wasn't able to articulate.

On the car ride after the restaurant scene where Tamra said "is it about the train"? It was Shannon you could clearly hear telling all of the other women - Gina & Braunwyn - the details of the rumor. I remember her trying to explain this on Social media that she checked to make sure the cameras were off and their mics were off and she didn't know there was a mic in the car. Even so - she is still spreading the tale to 2 women who knew nothing and had to know they would react in some way (mainly by telling someone else) Gina chose to tell Emily and Braunwyn chose to tell Kelly.

How bizarre is it that BOTH Shannon and Tamra were "mad" that Braunwyn told Kelly. How bizarre is it that both who claim to be friends with Kelly didn't want to tell Kelly but wanted everyone else inclusive of the cameras (audience) to know.

I'm sick of hearing Shannon telling someone (insert any name) I have been nothing but kind to you.

I also don't believe Shannon's spin on the Bellino lawsuit. Anything Kelly has said on twitter did not affect the outcome or Shannon's connection to the case. It has not caused Shannon to have to shell out anymore money. Shannon and Tamra having to spend money on lawyers has to do with both of their comments on a podcast. Does she seriously want everyone to believe that the 250K she lost was because of Kelly? Does she seriously want everyone to believe that Kelly will be deposed - for what - Kelly was not on the podcast nor was she on the set.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Vicki having been on this franchise the longest had the highest salary as an Orange holder. I'm not sure what she made - but I would imagine it was as high as 700K for filming. This is incredibly generous for just 4 months of their life. I'm also assuming they don't film for 12 hours 5 days a week for those 4 months.

A "HW" also gets other perks such as free plastic surgery. Not paid by Bravo - but given to them as freebie in exchange for free advertising for the plastic surgeon's practice. Let's say a boob job is 10K - there is profit built in so the surgeon makes his money. Let's pretend cost is 6K and profit is 4K. A plastic surgeon who wants to advertise his/her business losing 6K is nothing compared to what they'd have to pay for a TV commercial. A print ad might be cheaper but you don't really see the results as you would on a show. This would explain why we see so many surgical procedures on these shows. If these women had real money - they'd be doing their procedures off season and recovering off season and letting their faces/bodies "settle" Vickie has had at least 7 surgeries to her face while filming. I for one am sick of seeing bandaged, black-eyed swollen faces,

When you're a HW and reach a certain number of followers on SM - companies will sponsor you/pay you for advertising their wares - that's a lucrative revenue stream.

There are perks with clothes - whether they are freebies or borrowed during filming - they may not be high end designers but the ones who benefit are the "HWs"

Great post KFB! And Andy is claiming there is going to a major "shake up" in the cast of RHOC next year.

I'm guessing Vicki is going to be gone. Kelly (if she's still with Rick) might join the cast of RHONY, and rumors are, that Meghan PI is coming back to the OC franchise.

So Tamra, Meghan, Brawny, Gina and Emily. I hope Bravo can do better than this.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I loved Shannon when she first came on the show. She seemed so real and honest. Of course she got burnt a couple of times when she learned that the housewives love to act compassionate so they can get the dirt on what is really going on in a newbie's life.Then she switched half way through year three, became nastier to others and quite arrogant, and by year four Shannon was as mean and vile as Vicki and Tamra. She just didn't outright lie... but she loved to plant gossip seeds. Shannon only became nicer to Gina when she realized Gina was in a crappy marriage and soon facing a DUI charge. Finally someone more out of control than her!

Shannon became friends with Gina under Tamra's influence.

I don't even think Tamra particularly "likes" Gina. Friending Gina serves 2 purposes for Tamra. First, it sticks it to Emily who she can't stand. Second - Tamra sees the writing on the wall - she sees Bravo going towards a younger cast - so if she ON camera friends the majority of the younger cast she might get to keep her orange. This is the same reason she friended Shannon - Shannon is a fan favorite - so while she probably can't stand her and her whining she's going to be lovey dovey on camera with her - she tried taking her down in a previous season but it didn't work.

Shannon is only loyal to Vicki and Tamra. Every one else - she doesn't care.

While Shannon seems to be in a better place - in no way do I think she is Ha-haa-ppy.

I don't believe for one minute that Shannon has only drunk called Kelly once. I think she called both Tamra and Kelly day and night. She may have stopped calling Kelly like that - but she did so only because she and Vicki made up. She's calling Vicki now instead of Kelly.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Great post KFB! And Andy is claiming there is going to a major "shake up" in the cast of RHOC next year.

I'm guessing Vicki is going to be gone. Kelly (if she's still with Rick) might join the cast of RHONY, and rumors are, that Meghan PI is coming back to the OC franchise.

So Tamra, Meghan, Brawny, Gina and Emily. I hope Bravo can do better than this.

Thanks Chenoa333.

I don't think Kelly will be on RHONY other than for a possible cameo appearance. She can move to NY - but she can not take Jolie out of state to live with her without Michael's consent. I don't see Michael okaying that type of change to their custody agreement. It would be too much stress for Jolie to fly back and forth every week LA to NY.

There is also way more interest in seeing Kelly marry Rick - so I see Kelly staying on OC.

I'm hoping: Tamra gets demoted to Friend, Vicki is gone trying to pry the Bravo boot out of her ass, Kelly stays, Emily stays, Gina is out (Matt won't sign release for kids), Braunwyn (I don't care), Meghan would love her back, keep Shannon (she's still a fan favorite)

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

There is also way more interest in seeing Kelly marry Rick - so I see Kelly staying on OC.

I'm hoping: Tamra gets demoted to Friend

Very good points. I'm also hoping that Twatballs Tamra gets demoted too! She's almost as old, tired and washed up as Vicki. 

Tamra needs to stay home, run her (successful LOL!) fitness business, be a decent caregiver to her husband and get that pig nosed, lazy, son of hers to become a man and not a pussy. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Very good points. I'm also hoping that Twatballs Tamra gets demoted too! She's almost as old, tired and washed up as Vicki. 

Tamra needs to stay home, run her (successful LOL!) fitness business, be a decent caregiver to her husband and get that pig nosed, lazy, son of hers to become a man and not a pussy. 

I think I said earlier how Tamra is really good at the HW politics. She's slick - she is still very aware of the cameras and she is conscious of what she says. What she does say - is just a tidbit and she can stand back and say she didn't spread a rumor. Take for instance her line which was "is this about the train?" Those not in the know at the table are of course going to ask what train, did something happen on a train? Another HW in the know will take the bait and go into detail (this was Shannon - in the car) Tamra is conscious enough about the cameras that she will talk about something ON camera once she has witnessed someone else talking about it - and even then she is pointing her finger towards someone else.In the train incident - she was pointing her fingers at Shannon ad Vicki for telling her.

Tamra is also good at reading a room. Here's a video of Kelly/Shannon face off at BravoCon. The audience is extremely PRO-Kelly and Tamra does not defend Shannon AT ALL. Tamra who was allegedly as angry with Kelly as Shannon is. I believe her reason is - in case Kelly films as an OC HW next year - she wants to be at Kelly's wedding planning scenes and wedding - to be filmed. She's not going to want to be part on the non invited guest group and have to film a separate event with just Shannon.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Vicki having been on this franchise the longest had the highest salary as an Orange holder. I'm not sure what she made - but I would imagine it was as high as 700K for filming. This is incredibly generous for just 4 months of their life. I'm also assuming they don't film for 12 hours 5 days a week for those 4 months.

A "HW" also gets other perks such as free plastic surgery. Not paid by Bravo - but given to them as freebie in exchange for free advertising for the plastic surgeon's practice. Let's say a boob job is 10K - there is profit built in so the surgeon makes his money. Let's pretend cost is 6K and profit is 4K. A plastic surgeon who wants to advertise his/her business losing 6K is nothing compared to what they'd have to pay for a TV commercial. A print ad might be cheaper but you don't really see the results as you would on a show. This would explain why we see so many surgical procedures on these shows. If these women had real money - they'd be doing their procedures off season and recovering off season and letting their faces/bodies "settle" Vickie has had at least 7 surgeries to her face while filming. I for one am sick of seeing bandaged, black-eyed swollen faces,

When you're a HW and reach a certain number of followers on SM - companies will sponsor you/pay you for advertising their wares - that's a lucrative revenue stream.

There are perks with clothes - whether they are freebies or borrowed during filming - they may not be high end designers but the ones who benefit are the "HWs"

What designed in his/her right might would  let Vicky mention their name.   If she wore a dress the appropriate size for her body shape, she might be a worthwhile advertising example.  We all know she never does that though

• Love 7
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Yes--Original recipe is Katherine, Shep, and Thomas.

New Orleans is so very, very different.  I find it to be the rare Bravo show that shows positive marriages and positive friendships.  Real people making real mistakes, but trying to do and be better.

Last year, Jon Moody showed up to an event wearing a lime green turtleneck.  When the group went on a trip, someone bought EVERYBODY lime green turtlenecks to wear.  It was a beautiful, dorky thing to behold.

And they had a dance off too!

I just find Southern Charm New Orleans to be a lovely show.  It's not a show where they single out someone and pick at them all season long.  

Interesting.   I honestly never watched it because I assumed it would be a twin to the original show and I have had enough of the immature case on that show and also on Vanderpump Rules.  Are people really that bad?   I know I am old, but still cannot understand some of these people, especially women, allow themselves to be filmed for posterity  in horrible sexual situations.  I will have to check on New Orleans, I guess 

**cast, not case, above.     Computer fighting me for some reason and cannot correct.

• Love 1

What the heck was Vicks wearing? Mustard is hard to wear, velour is hard to wear. It looked like she was wearing someone's drapes from a 1970s house. Vicks is totes jelly of Brownie cuz she's skinny and blonde and younger. 

Tamra is full of crap about her threesome. I cannot believe that Eddie is into that. He seems very straight laced. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'd be happy to keep Vicks and bounce Tamra. I hate her shit stirring ways. I can laugh at Vicks. Vicks lost 2 clients cuz of Brownie kissing Tams? I think not. 

I think Shane thinks he is funnier than he is and the editors had a field day editing him to look as douchey as possible. I think he and Emily are snipers

They pick and snipe at each other. I have no idea if they are happy or not. 

Gina is a mess. I'd like to see her come back and get her shit together. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:26 AM, albarino said:

Emily shared she is obese

Is she though?  The internet has her height as 5' 10" and isn't her weight 180 lbs?  That would put her BMI as 25.83 - overweight, not obese.  (I may not be remembering correctly that her weight is 180.)

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Is she though?  The internet has her height as 5' 10" and isn't her weight 180 lbs?  That would put her BMI as 25.83 - overweight, not obese.  (I may not be remembering correctly that her weight is 180.)

You know, I could have sworn it was 190.  Which, from a BMI calculator I just used, comes to 27.3, right in the middle of "overweight", where "obese" starts at >=30.  

So whether's she's 180 or 190, she's not "obese".

So you're right; in no way is she "obese", plus she doesn't "look" obese.

In a related story, I just calculated my own BMI, and I'm 26.9, but I once saw a doctor's chart where my doctor wrote "obese female".  Made me feel sooooo good.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think I said earlier how Tamra is really good at the HW politics. She's slick - she is still very aware of the cameras and she is conscious of what she says. What she does say - is just a tidbit and she can stand back and say she didn't spread a rumor. Take for instance her line which was "is this about the train?" Those not in the know at the table are of course going to ask what train, did something happen on a train? Another HW in the know will take the bait and go into detail (this was Shannon - in the car) Tamra is conscious enough about the cameras that she will talk about something ON camera once she has witnessed someone else talking about it - and even then she is pointing her finger towards someone else.In the train incident - she was pointing her fingers at Shannon ad Vicki for telling her.

Tamra is also good at reading a room. Here's a video of Kelly/Shannon face off at BravoCon. The audience is extremely PRO-Kelly and Tamra does not defend Shannon AT ALL. Tamra who was allegedly as angry with Kelly as Shannon is. I believe her reason is - in case Kelly films as an OC HW next year - she wants to be at Kelly's wedding planning scenes and wedding - to be filmed. She's not going to want to be part on the non invited guest group and have to film a separate event with just Shannon.

Shannon- “My vision was blurry”

Kelly- ”you took out your contacts”

🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, oceanview said:

Well said about not wanting Kelly successful.  But, also because those stores are not for the rich and mighty people they want to impress.....sort of beneath Shannon and Tamra.  Although, I think Tamra is a little more conscious of spending money on things like clothes or shoes because she has to be in some financial difficulty more than Shannon.  You have to start somewhere, look at the business Betheny of New York has and I remember when she was giving out samples of her food at some supermarket or something.   She is doing just fine financially, although I doubt Kelly has the ability to stay focused on anything long enough to be as lucky.

Tamra and Shannon are seething with jealousy.  The true show of success is actually getting into these big box stores.  That is where you make the big money.  If you get into a little fancy boutique, or small chain, you sell a few cans.  If you get into Walmart or Target - you can make millions.  It is marketed to people who shop there, as an aspirational drink.  Like, for $30 for a case, you too can drink fancy water like the rich ladies who live in the OC.

As usual with Tamra, she is jealous of Kelly getting into any national chain.  I am sure Shannon is jealous as well, as she would probably LOVE to have her healthy meals in stock at either of those stores.  She probably makes a very good amount selling her cream cheese stuffed salmon on HSN, but to be in Walmart or Target, that would be huge.

I am just waiting for Tamra to lose her business.. or claim that they shut it down because of some lie, like landlord issues or something.  There is no way she is making money there.  And Peleton has probably put the final nail in the CUT fitness coffin.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:37 AM, Chalby said:

Oh my, thanks for the laugh. Quite an opposite list. Lisa Rinna is great (in my eyes) and I have always liked her. She often says she will come out and support whenever she's able. I believe she truly good from the heart.

I don't think Lisa does one single kind act unless she is getting something out of it, specifically publicity.  I read a "blind item" (which was not very blind) about Lisa bringing her asshole daughters to a charity event.  They showed up with hair and makeup people, took a bunch of pictures of themselves "working" without breaking a sweat, and then LEFT right away.  People were signed up for four hour blocks but the Hamlin girls left before even volunteering for one hour.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, dosodog said:

I just find Southern Charm New Orleans to be a lovely show.  It's not a show where they single out someone and pick at them all season long.  

I also enjoy that show (except for Reagan, hate her) for the same reason - they don't single out a person and ostracize them and pick on them.  That is all the housewives has turned into.  The show was not always like this, it used to be a good show about women and their families.  Why do they think people want to watch women drinking non-stop and fighting?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Quite the look on Shannon's face. She looks puffy, tired and/or hungover, and mean.

I don't think Shannon looks good either and I do believe Kelly that Shannon has had liposuction.

For the past few years, ever since the split with David - Shannon has been having all kinds of plastic surgery procedures. She's been depending on any quick fix - go under the knife, needle, and recover.

I don't think she lost all that weight through hard work and exercise. I think she tripled up on wearing layers of Spanx.

If she was really sticking to a healthy diet & exercise regimen - we would have seen it throughout the season - we only saw one gym session with her kids and her Instragramming pictures of herself walking. She can't even burn one calorie holding a selfie stick. She certainly hasn't cut down on the liquor.

I also don't think she's had therapy for herself OR her daughters. There is no growth. If Shannon can show therapy with David eulogizing over a tombstone - she certainly could do the same talking to a therapist.

Instead she chose to show us this season - every procedure she could get that had to do with surface.

Am I the only one who thought it just didn't make any sense for Shannon to get an O shot when she wasn't planning to be sexually active. It's like a guy getting a 6 month supply of Viagra and then moving into a cave by himself. What's the point?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

🤣

Did you notice how Tamra did NOTHING when Shannon was saying you were at the hospital when the Doctor said I had a concussion?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I wouldn’t call Brownstone a typical housewife.  She has nannies, probably has a cook, a maid to do the chores and cleans.  Maybe she’ll make the kids a sandwich here n there.  She goes out a lot with the girls, has a love shack, and has three ways.  She birthed seven kids, but doesn’t do the usual house things.  Plus, she can go on vacation at the drop of a hat.  No, not your typical housewife.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

KFB's Fantasy RHOC would be to see both Tamra and Vicki gone from the franchise.

KFB's second RH Fantasy would be to see a commercial for the show where RH wives go to die -

I can see it now they announce the cast on the new season - it's Vicki & Steve along with Tamra & Eddie - the show is called Marriage Boot Camp

Bwahahahahaha

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I can see it now they announce the cast on the new season - it's Vicki & Steve along with Tamra & Eddie - the show is called Marriage Boot Camp

Eddie hasn't been looking healthy for quite some time. Like the past (at least) 2 seasons. I'm guessing Tamra is already (mentally) on the prowl for husband number 4. Just in case Eddie becomes a burden. Because TBalls is always about herself. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did you notice how Tamra did NOTHING when Shannon was saying you were at the hospital when the Doctor said I had a concussion?

Yes! It’s always been clear that Tamra thinks Shannon is a nut. She tolerates her. Shannon refuses to see it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I wouldn’t call Brownstone a typical housewife.  She has nannies, probably has a cook, a maid to do the chores and cleans.  Maybe she’ll make the kids a sandwich here n there.

That's fairly typical for most of the housewives with younger children. Meghan, Bethenny, Dorit, Luanne, Carlton. All had/have nannies and people to clean house. Actually many people have housecleaners these days. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

That's fairly typical for most of the housewives with younger children. Meghan, Bethenny, Dorit, Luanne, Carlton. All had/have nannies and people to clean house. Actually many people have housecleaners these days. 

I meant housewives that are not on these shows.  Housewives like me, who live in the suburbs or wherever, who do their own cleaning and cooking and everything else.  I would say we are the majority.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I meant housewives that are not on these shows.  Housewives like me, who live in the suburbs or wherever, who do their own cleaning and cooking and everything else.  I would say we are the majority.

5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I wouldn’t call Brownstone a typical housewife.

I suppose you could replace "Brownstone" with any housewife on any of the Bravo franchises. Are any of them typical?

Edited by Happy Camper
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Tamra and Shannon are seething with jealousy.  The true show of success is actually getting into these big box stores.  That is where you make the big money.  If you get into a little fancy boutique, or small chain, you sell a few cans.  If you get into Walmart or Target - you can make millions.  It is marketed to people who shop there, as an aspirational drink.  Like, for $30 for a case, you too can drink fancy water like the rich ladies who live in the OC.

As usual with Tamra, she is jealous of Kelly getting into any national chain.  I am sure Shannon is jealous as well, as she would probably LOVE to have her healthy meals in stock at either of those stores.  She probably makes a very good amount selling her cream cheese stuffed salmon on HSN, but to be in Walmart or Target, that would be huge.

I am just waiting for Tamra to lose her business.. or claim that they shut it down because of some lie, like landlord issues or something.  There is no way she is making money there.  And Peleton has probably put the final nail in the CUT fitness coffin.

I don't think Lisa does one single kind act unless she is getting something out of it, specifically publicity.  I read a "blind item" (which was not very blind) about Lisa bringing her asshole daughters to a charity event.  They showed up with hair and makeup people, took a bunch of pictures of themselves "working" without breaking a sweat, and then LEFT right away.  People were signed up for four hour blocks but the Hamlin girls left before even volunteering for one hour.

I also enjoy that show (except for Reagan, hate her) for the same reason - they don't single out a person and ostracize them and pick on them.  That is all the housewives has turned into.  The show was not always like this, it used to be a good show about women and their families.  Why do they think people want to watch women drinking non-stop and fighting?

Shannon was selling her frozen dinners. on QVC. She hasn't been on in months.  The web site has 2 differnt products and they have been reduced in price. Also not too many good reviews. Once people figured out they were paying $13 for a frozen dinner the sales probably dropped off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/29/2019 at 10:30 AM, Mar said:

From Reality Guy on Instagram. He calls it Shrieky Gunvalson by Edvard Munch. In case you’re not familiar with the original painting, it is called The Scream by Edvard Munch.

525730EB-F6DC-4033-B83B-982849A94503.jpeg

DEA65B6F-95C4-4EDD-90A2-12421A21ABF1.jpeg

The first thing I thought when I saw Vicki is "Are those her real hands"? 😳

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Shannon was selling her frozen dinners. on QVC. She hasn't been on in months.  The web site has 2 differnt products and they have been reduced in price. Also not too many good reviews. Once people figured out they were paying $13 for a frozen dinner the sales probably dropped off. 

They didn’t look too appetizing when her girls tried them and not plentiful.

• Love 2

I heard the meals are mushy and really you can buy frozen seafood much cheaper

I really liked Shannon in the beginning and was really hoping for a more happy and carefree Shannon this season.  This season all we saw was a calculating, conniving and annoying Shannon.  Death to Tres Amigas!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

1 hour ago, mytmo said:

I really liked Shannon in the beginning and was really hoping for a more happy and carefree Shannon this season.  This season all we saw was a calculating, conniving and annoying Shannon.  Death to Tres Amigas!

3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

They didn’t look too appetizing when her girls tried them and not plentiful.

Those frozen meals look disgusting.

I question exactly how much money Shannon is making - I think she's losing money at this point. I don't see these flying off the shelves and Shannon doesn't have a "buying" customer base - at least not for this. Shannon just doesn't come across as healthy and fit.

It is QVC that is making and packaging the product. There is cost involved in that. You want to make enough product so that it is ready and shipped as soon as the order is cleared. But the production has to be high enough to make it worth a kitchen factories time. There is a cost each time the workers and machines have to set up the lines to cook, cool, package. There is a cost for storage - and this has to be refrigerated storage. There is a cost involved in order processing/customer service. There is a cost involved in packaging and shipping

Food products have an expiration date. Isn't the point of having salmon for it to be fresh? Blech!

Any profit or Shannon's cut when this first rolled out had to go back to QVC to pay for the cost of production/shipping. Remember with food products being shipped they have to have ice packs/cooling packs and the product can't be shipped ground to arrive in 5 days it has to be overnight or 2 day.

Does the shipping cost go to the customer? If so, then a customer is not paying $60 for 4 burgers - they are paying $100 and that's just ridiculous.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 12/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

It is a derivative of an old Welsh name Branwen.  Branwen features prominently in Welsh literature from the 12th century.  It isn’t super common in the US, but isn’t just a made up name and is more common in other English speaking countries like England, Ireland, Australia, etc.  I’d say it’s kind of on par with Siobhan but possibly a little more common.  I think maybe people that pay attention to things more on a global scale than just US-centric are more likely to be familiar with it.  Saying it is dumb just because you are unfamiliar with it is kind of problematic.

I am pretty surprised people haven't heard the name before 

• Love 10

I also used to like Shannon and that’s totally gone. It’s been interesting reading the range of opinions, and to see Shannon at BravoCon with such a bitter, entitled, delusional perspective months after filming, not a good look. I think a couple of posters caught onto Shannon’s entitlement and self-victimizing from the jump- I didn’t! She didn’t orchestrate Naked Wasted or Kill All Cancer but she’s not a good person, and is weak and sniveling to boot. Bah. 

• Love 11
On 1/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, itsadryheat said:

Quite the look on Shannon's face. She looks puffy, tired and/or hungover, and mean.

I too thought her face looked bad.  Too puffy and she needs to leave it alone.  Didn't like the Barbie hairdo.  Whatever she is doing ages her.  She has the money so I don't know why she didn't pick a better face person.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I also used to like Shannon and that’s totally gone. It’s been interesting reading the range of opinions, and to see Shannon at BravoCon with such a bitter, entitled, delusional perspective months after filming, not a good look. I think a couple of posters caught onto Shannon’s entitlement and self-victimizing from the jump- I didn’t! She didn’t orchestrate Naked Wasted or Kill All Cancer but she’s not a good person, and is weak and sniveling to boot. Bah. 

When Shannon first started I really liked her too. Her reactions, what she said, how she came across - for me it was raw and real and authentic. I also felt bad for her (her marriage looked really rocky)

However, as time has gone on - and her friendship has remained with Tamra and Vicki - I totally think they get together to gossip about the other cast mates off camera before they film and while they are filming and they STRATEGIZE on how to reveal things on camera.

We know this is a FACT when it comes to the train rumor. The train rumor was supposedly heard by both Vicki and Shannon who then both relayed it to Tamra. This rumor came to them when Shannon and Tamra were supposedly friends with Kelly - supposedly NO  issues with either at this time. Kelly and Vicki were already at odds but Shannon and Tamra were her friends. There was NO reason why Shannon couldn't have pulled Kelly aside OFF camera before filming that this rumor was out there - as a heads up to prepare herself in case it came out.

I seem to remember it being Kelly who wanted Shannon and Tamra to make up with Vicki. Yet in the reverse mode - especially Shannon didn't de-escalate any situations - all she did was make sure Vicki and Kelly were at the same event/same room. It was like watching 2 animals get put into the same cage but first poking at them before putting them together - you're going to have a negative incident.

I hope next season, Kelly invites David and his new girlfriend to events.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
On 12/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, Hiyo said:

Except Shane.

Who failed.

Multiple times.

Unlike Emily.

Who passed the bar exam.

Pfft. I know plenty of people with higher education and credentials who are complete shit at their work and some that are so psycho they can’t get work. Passing a test means you passed a test. Doesn’t mean you’re good in the real world.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Pfft. I know plenty of people with higher education and credentials who are complete shit at their work and some that are so psycho they can’t get work. Passing a test means you passed a test. Doesn’t mean you’re good in the real world.

ITA. I have always thought it strange that Emily works PT as an attorney. Even before she came on the show she had time for a "party planning" side business. Any attorney I know works long hours and does not have time for a side gig.

My theory is that Shane became a lawyer because his mother hounded him into becoming one. I believe his sister is one as well? It isn't like he hasn't practiced, he was one in Utah. His mother made several comments in the first season about wanting Shane to pass the bar in California. I think he hasn't passed because he really has no interest in practicing law. (KInd of like JFK who became a lawyer not because he wanted to be one, but because his mother expected it).  Emily has said that Shane does not have to work, but he does. Presumably at something he enjoys. So good on him I say, 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7
On 1/2/2020 at 9:43 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

🤣

Actually Shannon said that she has near vision, and her near vision was blurry. I would get checked out too if I was hit on the head and my vision was blurry. I fact I recently was hit on the forehead by a steel door and ended up with a goose egg. I would have gone to get checked out had my vision gone blurry. In my case it didn't, and I wasn't been filmed by a reality TV show at a spa. It sounds like both wanted Shannon to get checked out, most likely for liability issues. 

In the clip shown above from Bravocon, I didn't think the crowd was pro Kelly at all. And I laughed when she said that Michael was jealous. Hmmm, more like they are not getting along because Michael is actually a decent father and does not like the way Kelly's insta relationship is showing Jolie how far down on the totem pole she is in her mother's priorities. Get engaged to a man that your daughter hasn't even met? What a loser.

Kelly is also all over the place with her comments. She said in a podcast with Bronte (the one where she said she and Rick are practicing having a baby every day) that Rick is moving to OC. She also claims that Dorinda is begging  to officiate the wedding, Dorinda says Kelly asked her. The woman can't keep her lies straight. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Has that food line of hers been picked up by anyone?  

And after all this, I'm starting to see why Heather Dubrow bid a hasty exit stage left on this show.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mytmo said:

Yes, and Tamra ruined Shannon. I thought Shannon was smarter than that to pick trash for a best friend.  Nothing good came out of that friendship at all.

• Love 6
On 1/1/2020 at 1:18 AM, Chalby said:

Yep - I know exactly what you are saying. Try having hot flashes 24/7 (I should be so lucky to have them in the night) then stinking period that lasted to 56 - as I told my cousin, what kind of eggs are slipping through, petrified? And on top of all of that... acne. I had to quit working because nothing was changing after 8 years. I finally broke down and I am trying some hormonal creams, but I just want to know how the women did it a century ago? Or did they just not live that long?

I think they hit the bottle.  There were no alternatives, and booze was plentiful.  Let me tell you ladies.  I was finished at 55 and I swear I get PMS every month for one week.  Hot, headache, tired and aching all over.  The doctor laughs, but i know my body, and no one can tell me different.  What used to come out, now rolls around my body making me sick.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think they hit the bottle.  There were no alternatives, and booze was plentiful.  Let me tell you ladies.  I was finished at 55 and I swear I get PMS every month for one week.  Hot, headache, tired and aching all over.  The doctor laughs, but i know my body, and no one can tell me different.  What used to come out, now rolls around my body making me sick.

I think they likely used herbal remedies. When I had menopause, I tried a couple of different prescription medications including hormonal cream. The side effects were worse than menopause. Then a co worker told me about a natural product called Meno. I bought it at the health food store, it came in capsules. I wish I could remember the ingredients, but one was black cohosh. In any case it took away every symptom of menopause that I had. I took it for several years, and it worked so well that I had no idea if I was still in menopause or not. So I stopped taking it and found out that I had finally come out of it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Pfft. It still means Emily passed the California bar exam - one of the hardest in the US - while Shane didn't. Repeatedly. However bad Emily might be at it, she is still laps ahead of Shane and at least has a better understanding of the California legal system than he does.

And after all this, I'm starting to see why Heather Dubrow bid a hasty exit stage left on this show.  

I thought it was because of money issues?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Pfft. It still means Emily passed the California bar exam - one of the hardest in the US - while Shane didn't. Repeatedly. However bad Emily might be at it, she is still laps ahead of Shane and at least has a better understanding of the California legal system than he does.

I thought it was because of money issues?

I thought it was because of Terry's long time mistress

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think they likely used herbal remedies. When I had menopause, I tried a couple of different prescription medications including hormonal cream. The side effects were worse than menopause. Then a co worker told me about a natural product called Meno. I bought it at the health food store, it came in capsules. I wish I could remember the ingredients, but one was black cohosh. In any case it took away every symptom of menopause that I had. I took it for several years, and it worked so well that I had no idea if I was still in menopause or not. So I stopped taking it and found out that I had finally come out of it. 

Wish I would have known about it.  I tried the hormonal cream too, and threw up.  I do remember my Mother taking some liquid medicine every night from a bottle.  I think it was a light tranquilizer.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Whaaaat?   Come again?   He looks like he doesn’t have the balls.

Well he does. Only problem there, is that his balls are in Heather's purse. Or possibly hanging in the rear view mirror of her RR Phantom. 

And no, I have no idea what type of car Madam Puppet drives!

• LOL 5
On 1/3/2020 at 2:20 PM, Mu Shu said:

Passing the Bar is a test of professional competence like passing the equivalent for doctors who are Board certified.

It pretty much tests skills that are basic to any decent lawyer including knowledge of basic law principles. It's hard to imagine any decent lawyer unable to pass the Bar. The Law is more or less a profession which does call for skills that are measured by tests.

In my personal experience, passing the Bar correlates pretty well with basic legal competence. The pass rate for top notch accredited law schools is pretty much 100% assuming that people apply themselves to a Bar review course - and most people who got through three years of law school are pretty diligent about it as well as pretty good test takers because law school in general - until you possibly get to 3L is pretty much taking tests.

The California Bar isn't particularly hard - I say this having taken and passed California and New York and having classmates from Law also having taken other state bars since I went to a so-called "national" law school.

California's low pass rate is principally because California has a large number of unaccredited law schools and most other states don't. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 6