Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: What Would Michelle O Do

• Start Topic

Marlo takes Porsha on a hookah and Hennessy-fueled pedal tour to get her mind off her break up. Kenya deals with her own relationship issues and visits an estate lawyer to discuss the worst-case scenario. Rumors abound that someone in the group secretly recorded Cynthia talking behind Nene’s back. Meanwhile, Nene seeks advice from her life coach on how to restore her sisterhood with the ladies. Kandi begins to worry she and Todd may not see eye-to-eye when it comes to raising their new daughter, and after weeks of heartache, Porsha reluctantly agrees to attend another therapy session with Dennis and must decide if she’s ready to give him another chance.

Airdate 12.15.2019

That is a LOOOOONG description.

• Love 1

Oh God, this was b o r i n g. 

Nene, suck it up, do your job, and stop whining.

Porsha, he's gonna cheat on you again. Any man who makes the excuse that pregnant sex isn't as exciting as regular sex and that's why he's cheating, doesn't want a relationship, he want's a pocket p****y with T&A.

Kandi, Todd is dead eyed. That's it. It's hard to believe he feels anything.

Cynthia, you are a grown woman. Own up to what you said about Nene. You are pathetic. Who really cares who recorded it, you're on a TV show, all of that would have come out another way.

Kenya, you should have started your divorce proceedings then. Also, you are a perfect example of reaping what we sow.

Heh, Eve wasn't even mentioned. I hope she's paying down debt with her paycheck, because if she keeps this up she won't be asked back.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Nene those blonde wigs do not match your skin tone ( I’m the same complexion). Porsha with all those 12000 excuses Dennis made, he’ll cheat on you again. Kenya needed to start her divorce proceedings immediately. I feel bad for her being in a loveless marriage to a man who clearly shows he’s over it. That being said she needs to reevaluate herself and stop being shady at all times. Cynthia please grow up.

• Love 11

I was going to comment that Kenya can’t cut off her spouse from inheriting her property after her death. It turns out she can! Most states require at least a third of the estate to go to the spouse, Georgia only allows the surviving spouse to get maintenance for themselves and children for one year. 

Nene’s outfit with her life counselor was hideous! She was trying to go for Little House on the Prairie innocence, we all know she’s Mrs. Olsen.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Cynthia, you are a grown woman. Own up to what you said about Nene. You are pathetic. Who really cares who recorded it, you're on a TV show, all of that woukd have come out another way.

I would legit never get over it if someone I knew secretly recorded me.

• Love 14

Dennis is a pig.  In more ways than one.

Dennis arrived unexpectedly but they left together in Porsha’s car.  Dennis took the bus to get there?

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Was the conversation itself recorded off camera? Because then I can understand Cynthia's reaction.

Since she doesn’t know who recorded it she can’t know. I actually like that she seems to be fixated on being upset that someone would record her not what she may have said. Though if she really wanted to stick it to NeNe she would pretend not to give a duck and because no one else does either it wouldn’t be a storyline to be dragged out for the entire season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I honestly wonder if Kandi wasn't in the picture, if Todd would have any relationship with his daughter at all.  I don't think he would.

It is obvious that Todd does not want this child. This was his whoops and now he's got a whole new family, complete with a wealthy spouse, he does not really want her in his life. It is probably annoying that she is the spitting image of him and a reminder that dumb decisions (unprotected sex) have consequences.

I feel bad for the girl but at least she has an understanding step mom. Kandi has always been generous to a fault to those she cares about so her attitude is not surprising. Plus, she knows the pain of an absentee father.

12 hours ago, spunky said:

Nene those blonde wigs do not match your skin tone ( I’m the same complexion). Porsha with all those 12000 excuses Dennis made, he’ll cheat on you again. Kenya needed to start her divorce proceedings immediately. I feel bad for her being in a loveless marriage to a man who clearly shows he’s over it. That being said she needs to reevaluate herself and stop being shady at all times. Cynthia please grow up.

I know Nene thinks blonde is her signature but I always thought she would look better with a different color. 

I used to think Kenya had the on camera fake relationships so that she could keep her personal life private but now I think something about Kenya just repels men despite her being a beautiful woman. It confounds me that she has never had a real relationship on the show.

I remember her first season fakeness with Walter? He did not want to have anything to do with her and then she accused him of stalking her when she saw him at Kandi's party. Then there was the African prince no one had ever seen. Portia had an African Prince as well but he was real and Portia was sort of one of his many side pieces, but at least he did exist.

Then came the personal trainer that was looking for camera time and turned out to be abusive when he did not get it.

9 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Portia, c’mon now. You chose this?

503C9C7C-37FC-40B0-8F73-F43D4E83E2A8.jpeg

She should have just stayed with Kordell....at least he had money and fame.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It is obvious that Todd does not want this child. This was his whoops and now he's got a whole new family, complete with a wealthy spouse, he does not really want her in his life. It is probably annoying that she is the spitting image of him and a reminder that dumb decisions (unprotected sex) have consequences.

I feel bad for the girl but at least she has an understanding step mom. Kandi has always been generous to a fault to those she cares about so her attitude is not surprising. Plus, she knows the pain of an absentee father.

This is all true.  He looks at her and scoffs at his daughter like he finds her very existence ridiculous.  He's a complete ass.  I wish Kandi would just say, "this is what we're going to do for this child, get out of the way."

• Love 17

Kandi seems to have a better relationship with her than Todd does.

I used to think Keny had the on camera fake relationships so that she could keep her personal life private

I thought it was for a storyline and camera time.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This is all true.  He looks at her and scoffs at his daughter like he finds her very existence ridiculous.  He's a complete ass.  I wish Kandi would just say, "this is what we're going to do for this child, get out of the way."

It really reminds me of how Steve Jobs had a shitty attitude about his first daughter. She did not fit the narrative he wanted to create and he straight up did not want her, though they reconciled when she was older. These men act like they were trapped into being a father when they were willing participants in the conception.

• Love 13

Did Kenya actually ask Cynthia why Mike couldn't "just move here"?  Oh, the irony!

The guy running that pedal-pushing cart looked exactly like Dwight.  It would have been amazing if it was.  Porsha lost all--and I mean all--of my sympathy when she went to Dennis' hot dog place, took selfies and called him.  What happened to standing strong?  

I actually think Porsha's therapist is terrible.  Why didn't she ask the big question of Dennis--what has changed?  If he can't verbalize it, he can be single until he can.  Because Porsha might get pregnant again, and she might have more postpartum depression moments.  What has changed between then and now that would cause him to not fuck another woman?  If he doesn't have, like, a notarized sworn statement, an affidavit and character witnesses to attest that he's changed, I would have no basis for trusting him again.  Remember, he was caught cheating, so there's deceit on top of unfaithfulness.  I think Dennis clearly wants a fuck doll and not a partner.  Porsha.....it's gonna be a long life.

Why is Cynthia still talking about this recording that she doesn't care about?  That wasn't a good look for Mike to say that anyone who recorded Cynthia is a piece of shit.  Even Michael was looking at him sideways.  Michael was much more measured about the whole thing, which I respected.  Mike Hill overreacted way too much to a recording that, according to the party line, Cynthia is not even upset about.  Get your stories straight.

Nene and her life coach drinking vodka.  Is there much more to say?  And Nene, if you had to pull away from Marlo's event because you're working on yourself, please work on yourself off the show please.  

Kandi seems to be trying with Kayla.  I'm not really sure I agree that Todd should have the last word when it comes to Todd's daughter since she's over 21.  If she's 23, why can't Kandi be her benefactor?  They're two adults; they can set up any arrangement they want.  Maybe Todd is threatened that if Kandi gave Kayla some money, he couldn't go out buying tractor trailers on whims.  

As much as Kandi's house has good bones, I don't like it as much as the others. She needs to get rid of that black metal fence on the outside and the black metal staircase on the inside.  I don't know how she can think that looks good.  It's jarring, and I've felt that way since she first moved in.  I always thought she was going to fix it up, but she hasn't.  Maybe after Todd opens his Mexican resataurant.

As others have said upthread, Kenya, plan those assets.  And get divorced already.  This thing isn't working out on any level.

Honestly though, I have been noticing this across Bravo--their casts are so tired.  These women barely film together anymore.  There's really not a better woman to represent Atlanta than Eva?  What has she done this season?  She's so insulated and careful and private about all her business.  Move on, already.  When they showed that flashback to Marlo doing Nene's bun while Nene was fighting with Porsha in San Fransisco, it felt like a whole different show, and it wasn't even that long ago.  It's circling the drain right now.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Would you please take a look at this expression.  They the same tribe, Beloved.     Dennis is a whole muffucah.  But he's straight.  In Atlanta.   He's got a comfortable income, has never been married, she has no other baby's mothers to deal with and nobody to ar'ga with bout dividing this pie.   That's a black ass unicorn you looking at.   I'm sure it was difficult but believe me she was looking for the opportunity to forgive him.  

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I know Nene thinks blonde is her signature but I always thought she would look better with a different color. 

I used to think Keny had the on camera fake relationships so that she could keep her personal life private but now I think something about Kenya just repels men despite her being a beautiful woman. It confounds me that she has never had a real relationship on the show.

I remember her first season fakeness with Walter? He did not want to have anything to do with her and then she accused him of stalking her when she saw him at Kandi's party. Then there was the African prince no one had ever seen. Portia had an African Prince as well but he was real and Portia was sort of one of his many side pieces, but at least he did exist.

Then came the personal trainer that was looking for camera time and turned out to be abusive when he did not get it.

She should have just stayed with Kordell....at least he had money and fame.

I think Todd's thing with Kaela is she's grown, why does this relationship seem to be so needs-based.   He bout to find out for the first time how to sit super still and be a make up guinea pig or spend an hour and a half drinking imaginary tea with teddy bears.  Daughters will turn you into a whole punk no matter how old they are I just don't think it's a comfortable place for him today, especially without experience.  He wants Kaela to man up and handle it.....I don't know maybe that's the way Sharon raised him.  

When I see Nene with her life coach I wonder if she looks at that clip and thinks to herself:  did I just say I wanna own what I did without having to apologize for it?  

source.gif

Looking at Kenya's romantic relationships on screen is uncomfortable.  Physically?  I can absolutely see why she'd stop traffic.  I also know that dudes will entertain some high maintenance bullshit and conceit for the trade off of a Kenya Moore on their arm.   But aside from being a genuine guy-level pain in the ass, ya'll she's not a nice person, like ever.   Can anybody think of a time she did something totally, altruistically, nice for someone else?    I mean the reason she was so put the fuck out that Walter expressed that he would stampede over her if he thought he had a shot with Kandi was because beyond the gorgeousness* of it all, at her core, she is......unkind, unflattering, unnecessarily critical, condescending and naturally combative.   Yes I get that your emotions have to be an entire mess if your mama don't like you (and she likes everyone), but I don't think I've ever seen Kenya have a conversation with anyone that didn't end unbecomingly.  Ya'll who in the everlasting fuck wants to be exhausted like that for life?   So.   As shiddy mcgitty as it sounds, I'm here for every time she finna execute a fake ass purse-sob in her lawyer's office. 

*I'm tryna link this to the show.  Imma get yanked in a second lol.  In the meantime though, to emphasize the point that gorgeousness and shittiness don't have to be linked, congratulations:

Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, Miss Universe, Miss America and Miss World.  For the first simultaneous time in history, all black women.    blackgirl:

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh God, this was b o r i n g. 

Nene, suck it up, do your job, and stop whining.

Porsha, he's gonna cheat on you again. Any man who makes the excuse that pregnant sex isn't as exciting as regular sex and that's why he's cheating, doesn't want a relationship, he want's a pocket p****y with T&A.

Kandi, Todd is dead eyed. That's it. It's hard to believe he feels anything.

Cynthia, you are a grown woman. Own up to what you said about Nene. You are pathetic. Who really cares who recorded it, you're on a TV show, all of that would have come out another way.

Kenya, you should have started your divorce proceedings then. Also, you are a perfect example of reaping what we sow.

Heh, Eve wasn't even mentioned. I hope she's paying down debt with her paycheck, because if she keeps this up she won't be asked back.

I really, really, really don't like Todd and I hope that Kandi is secretly giving Kayla money. How dare he not want that girl to enjoy the same kind of lives the other children are enjoying! It would be slightly less offensive if it were just Riley and Kayla because they have different sets of parents, but there are two other children (or will be) and I know he's not going to try this tough love bullshit with them--well, he can try and Kandi will shut that shit down. Plus, can fucking Todd pay for half the cost of the mortgage and taxes and other expenses of that house? He's enjoying Kandi's money big time, so why shouldn't a child who needs a leg up. That's some fucked up shit there.

Cynthia annoys me more and more each week. She's going to be insufferable once she's finally engaged.

Porsha: first, stop calling the baby PJ. Why give her such a lovely name and never use it? Second, dump that dog. He's a pig and he really doesn't seem to love you. And the hot dog king likes to watch dogs fuck? Ewww. And why is Marlo so invested in that relationship?

Not feeling sorry for Kenya. Sha absolutely is reaping what she sowed and deserves every second of misery.

Eva is about to drop so a whole lot can't be expected of her. Why is she having another baby so quickly?

This season is one of the worst ever. 

• Love 11

she has no other baby's mothers to deal with and nobody to ar'ga with bout dividing this pie

That we know of....yet.

Can anybody think of a time she did something totally, altruistically, nice for someone else? 

There was that one season where they were out of town doing...something like Habitat for Humanity? Or repairing houses after a hurricane? Something along those lines. And she did help out Phaedra with the school in Michigan.

That's all I've got lol

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

That we know of....yet.

There was that one season where they were out of town doing...something like Habitat for Humanity? Or repairing houses after a hurricane? Something along those lines. And she did help out Phaedra with the school in Michigan.

That's all I've got lol

Lol!  Now girl you know one of em would've come for that Oscar Meyer coin already.   His tattoo philosophy seems to make no sense whatsoever, but so far anyway, it looks like his prophylactic policy is airtight.  Tee hee! 

You know what?  You right lovie, you right.   I feel like an asshole for remembering that she argued with somebody on site for..? showing up late?  But you right though, she did do a completely selfless and genuinely nice thing.  

Ya'll shady as fuck for waiting for the rest of that sentence ^ lol! 

• LOL 6
17 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Would you please take a look at this expression.  They the same tribe, Beloved.     Dennis is a whole muffucah.  But he's straight.  In Atlanta.   He's got a comfortable income, has never been married, she has no other baby's mothers to deal with and nobody to ar'ga with bout dividing this pie.   That's a black ass unicorn you looking at.   I'm sure it was difficult but believe me she was looking for the opportunity to forgive him.  

I think Todd's thing with Kaela is she's grown, why does this relationship seem to be so needs-based.   He bout to find out for the first time how to sit super still and be a make up guinea pig or spend an hour and a half drinking imaginary tea with teddy bears.  Daughters will turn you into a whole punk no matter how old they are I just don't think it's a comfortable place for him today, especially without experience.  He wants Kaela to man up and handle it.....I don't know maybe that's the way Sharon raised him.  

When I see Nene with her life coach I wonder if she looks at that clip and thinks to herself:  did I just say I wanna own what I did without having to apologize for it?  

source.gif

Looking at Kenya's romantic relationships on screen is uncomfortable.  Physically?  I can absolutely see why she'd stop traffic.  I also know that dudes will entertain some high maintenance bullshit and conceit for the trade off of a Kenya Moore on their arm.   But aside from being a genuine guy-level pain in the ass, ya'll she's not a nice person, like ever.   Can anybody think of a time she did something totally, altruistically, nice for someone else?    I mean the reason she was so put the fuck out that Walter expressed that he would stampede over her if he thought he had a shot with Kandi was because beyond the gorgeousness* of it all, at her core, she is......unkind, unflattering, unnecessarily critical, condescending and naturally combative.   Yes I get that your emotions have to be an entire mess if your mama don't like you (and she likes everyone), but I don't think I've ever seen Kenya have a conversation with anyone that didn't end unbecomingly.  Ya'll who in the everlasting fuck wants to be exhausted like that for life?   So.   As shiddy mcgitty as it sounds, I'm here for every time she finna execute a fake ass purse-sob in her lawyer's office. 

*I'm tryna link this to the show.  Imma get yanked in a second lol.  In the meantime though, to emphasize the point that gorgeousness and shittiness don't have to be linked, congratulations:

Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, Miss Universe, Miss America and Miss World.  For the first simultaneous time in history, all black women.    blackgirl:

giphy.gif

Did you see Kenya on WWHL? I thought she looked very pretty, but it took her no time at all to shade Quad in the evil way she attacks folks. Andy even read questions from viewers asking why Kenya treated Quad that way and it just went downhill as she tried to justify her foul behavior.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Did Kenya actually ask Cynthia why Mike couldn't "just move here"?  Oh, the irony!

The guy running that pedal-pushing cart looked exactly like Dwight.  It would have been amazing if it was.  Porsha lost all--and I mean all--of my sympathy when she went to Dennis' hot dog place, took selfies and called him.  What happened to standing strong?  

I actually think Porsha's therapist is terrible.  Why didn't she ask the big question of Dennis--what has changed?  If he can't verbalize it, he can be single until he can.  Because Porsha might get pregnant again, and she might have more postpartum depression moments.  What has changed between then and now that would cause him to not fuck another woman?  If he doesn't have, like, a notarized sworn statement, an affidavit and character witnesses to attest that he's changed, I would have no basis for trusting him again.  Remember, he was caught cheating, so there's deceit on top of unfaithfulness.  I think Dennis clearly wants a fuck doll and not a partner.  Porsha.....it's gonna be a long life.

Why is Cynthia still talking about this recording that she doesn't care about?  That wasn't a good look for Mike to say that anyone who recorded Cynthia is a piece of shit.  Even Michael was looking at him sideways.  Michael was much more measured about the whole thing, which I respected.  Mike Hill overreacted way too much to a recording that, according to the party line, Cynthia is not even upset about.  Get your stories straight.

Nene and her life coach drinking vodka.  Is there much more to say?  And Nene, if you had to pull away from Marlo's event because you're working on yourself, please work on yourself off the show please.  

Kandi seems to be trying with Kayla.  I'm not really sure I agree that Todd should have the last word when it comes to Todd's daughter since she's over 21.  If she's 23, why can't Kandi be her benefactor?  They're two adults; they can set up any arrangement they want.  Maybe Todd is threatened that if Kandi gave Kayla some money, he couldn't go out buying tractor trailers on whims.  

As much as Kandi's house has good bones, I don't like it as much as the others. She needs to get rid of that black metal fence on the outside and the black metal staircase on the inside.  I don't know how she can think that looks good.  It's jarring, and I've felt that way since she first moved in.  I always thought she was going to fix it up, but she hasn't.  Maybe after Todd opens his Mexican resataurant.

As others have said upthread, Kenya, plan those assets.  And get divorced already.  This thing isn't working out on any level.

Honestly though, I have been noticing this across Bravo--their casts are so tired.  These women barely film together anymore.  There's really not a better woman to represent Atlanta than Eva?  What has she done this season?  She's so insulated and careful and private about all her business.  Move on, already.  When they showed that flashback to Marlo doing Nene's bun while Nene was fighting with Porsha in San Fransisco, it felt like a whole different show, and it wasn't even that long ago.  It's circling the drain right now.

Kandi is a very successful level headed woman but her tastes have always been questionable. She surrounds herself with ratched ass people and it really does not do any favors for her sophistication level.

24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

source.gif

giphy.gif

Again girl...you came, you saw, and you SLAYED IT.

image.png.aea199c4add51ab515ada3f51347b5df.png

Lord, you know Kenya just about exploded when she found out the guy she was begging to marry was rejected by Kandi. Kenya probably thinks Kandi was an "Around The Way" girl on her best day. You could tell she just wanted to scream "I'm a former Miss USA, Bitch!" To her it was like Walter was passing over prime rib for some ground chuck.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Did you see Kenya on WWHL? I thought she looked very pretty, but it took her no time at all to shade Quad in the evil way she attacks folks. Andy even read questions from viewers asking why Kenya treated Quad that way and it just went downhill as she tried to justify her foul behavior.  

That thing turn't left fast, didn't it?  lol!   See that's the exact type of interaction I'm talking about.  Quad and Andy got to the bottom of it quickly because it turns out Kenya was present-day reacting to some shit Quad said a hundred years ago that she wasn't pressed to respond to then.  She's not a good actress for a reason.   You can't be both nonchalant and big hurt, that ain't how unbothered works.  Shade delivery is as much about humor as it is about being a sniper with the burn.   But she can't bring the humor because she ain't past it.  Kenya is the sour part of the sour patch kid, she don't show up with band aids and a hug lol.   I loved that Quad made her look and sound a whole petty ass for not just coming out and saying you hurt my feelings in 1996.  Ain't this how we got to:  raggedy relationships?  all this wear out your nerves back and forth.  Tuh! that'll make you forget a bish is still a beauty queen.   

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Andy even read questions from viewers asking why Kenya treated Quad that way and it just went downhill as she tried to justify her foul behavior.  

I don't watch WWHL, but I'm not surprised at all that she pulled this. Kenya's an awful person. She's attracting what she put out into the world. It's disappointing that a child is involved. Poor Brooklyn. Both of her parents are unpleasant. 

That wig that Cynthia had on was too much hair. I will forever miss early season Cynthia with her pixie and "fashions" (™ Nene). Her South Africa outfits still remain the gold standard for travel wear. Shit, every day wear.

3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

But aside from being a genuine guy-level pain in the ass, ya'll she's not a nice person, like ever.   Can anybody think of a time she did something totally, altruistically, nice for someone else?  

Going back to Kenya, I can't remember one nice thing she did for a fellow cast member. Everything she does has a veneer of narcissism and meanness. Even her smile is shady. 

Todd is continuing to go down in estimation. I hope Kayla thrives/is thriving in NYC. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

d to think Kenya had the on camera fake relationships so that she could keep her personal life private but now I think something about Kenya just repels men despite her being a beautiful woman. It confounds me that she has never had a real relationship on the show.

I think Kenya is very ugly on the inside.  On WWHL, she said something about Nene being "bipolar" and I could hear the gasps in the audience.  I think even Andy was stunned.  Kenya should look at HER OWN life instead of being shady and talking about everybody else.  I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her either,  plus I think she has bad skin.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Kenya is very ugly on the inside.  On WWHL, she said something about Nene being "bipolar" and I could hear the gasps in the audience.  I think even Andy was stunned.  Kenya should look at HER OWN life instead of being shady and talking about everybody else.  I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her either,  plus I think she has bad skin.

mmhmm, she was referring to the clip we keep seeing.  Andy showed Nene talking to the life coach and asked Kenya what she thought of it.  Kenya said:   is she (the *therapist*) even a life coach? because if so, she's failing Nene because that* sounded bipolar.  Outta context I can see how it might sound shitty and muddled.  In context, she's calling Nene's behavior figuratively bipolar.   

*the conflict of full contrition while remaining obstinately unapologetic.   Like an empty purse and a wet booty.  Them two don't go together.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I really, really, really don't like Todd and I hope that Kandi is secretly giving Kayla money. How dare he not want that girl to enjoy the same kind of lives the other children are enjoying! It would be slightly less offensive if it were just Riley and Kayla because they have different sets of parents, but there are two other children (or will be) and I know he's not going to try this tough love bullshit with them--well, he can try and Kandi will shut that shit down. Plus, can fucking Todd pay for half the cost of the mortgage and taxes and other expenses of that house? He's enjoying Kandi's money big time, so why shouldn't a child who needs a leg up. That's some fucked up shit there.

This situation is way more complicated than this. He found out about Kayla at 13. (No shade, but note this is right when he showed up on tv). At 16, she moved in with him and his new wife full time. So he's attempted to make up for at least some of the time that he missed. She's now 20. So that for at least four years she's had a significantly different lifestyle than she did with her mom (who never even gets mentioned in this equation), Mom is still in NYC leading what it seems like may be a modest lifestyle. So now picture this, baby girl comes home and instead of moving back in with mom, moves into a $5K per month apartment - do you think she's leaving mom behind? There is a whole other level to this issue that isn't part of the show, but may be the source and/or explanation for some of Todd's thinking.

This situation is way more complicated than the "Todd is mean for not letting Kandi spoil his daughter". 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

Kenya's assets are a house, some soul glo and a beauty pageant slash. MMMMMKAY

Dennis looks like what it sounds like when doves cry. But let's be honest - Dr. Porsha didn't turn down scholarships to Ivy League universities and a marriage proposal from the Prince of Zamunda to be with Dennis big toe with gout looking ass. Being pretty don't make you prize. See exhibit A - Kenya Moore.

Edited by Boofish
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I was going to comment that Kenya can’t cut off her spouse from inheriting her property after her death. It turns out she can! Most states require at least a third of the estate to go to the spouse, Georgia only allows the surviving spouse to get maintenance for themselves and children for one year. 

Nene’s outfit with her life counselor was hideous! She was trying to go for Little House on the Prairie innocence, we all know she’s Mrs. Olsen.

Are people able to not provide maintenance for their minor children in Georgia? I understand being able to disinherit a spouse but what is the statutory justification for cutting off financial support for minor children?

• Love 1

Dennis looked like he showed up in his mama’s track suit from 1995.

Why does Marlo love Dennis so much? Is she getting a cut of that hot dog money?

So, Kenya did not get a prenup because Marc did not find them romantic? She would have been better off going to the sperm bank.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
Spoiler

Dennis looks like he was involved in a tragic malfunction of the slurpee machine down at the 7-11.

I don’t know why the spoiler box is there.  I don’t have any spoilers.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, amarante said:

Are people able to not provide maintenance for their minor children in Georgia? I understand being able to disinherit a spouse but what is the statutory justification for cutting off financial support for minor children?

Actually most (if not all) states don’t require a person to leave a dime to their children. The idea behind not disinheriting a spouse is the rationale behind marital property: both parties contributed to acquiring the wealth.

Most people do provide support for their minor children, and if they die without a will, the state divides the property between the spouse and the children. I don’t know what would happen if a person with wealth didn’t leave anything to a minor child who then became destitute.

18 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

Actually most (if not all) states don’t require a person to leave a dime to their children. The idea behind not disinheriting a spouse is the rationale behind marital property: both parties contributed to acquiring the wealth.

I am pretty sure that’s not accurate when it comes to minor children and that in nearly ever state the estate will be responsible for whatever child support the states decides and that omission from a will of a minor child is usually considered not intentional.

Kenya’s lawyer seemed really bad. I mean no a trustee can’t just spend any money in the trust how they want! That is either an insanely stupidly written trust or the trustee is doing something illegal.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty sure that’s not accurate when it comes to minor children and that in nearly ever state the estate will be responsible for whatever child support the states decide and that omission from a will of a minor child is usually considered not intentional.

Kenya’s lawyer seemed really bad. I mean no a trustee can’t just spend any money in the trust how they want! That is either an insanely stupidly written trust or the trustee is doing something illegal.

Thanks for the correction, I’ve been out of the field for almost 20 years.

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty sure that’s not accurate when it comes to minor children and that in nearly ever state the estate will be responsible for whatever child support the states decides and that omission from a will of a minor child is usually considered not intentional.

I interpreted it as meaning you want to select a trustworthy trustee who doesn’t violate their fiduciary duties. While a trustee is supposed to act in accordance with the terms of the trust and the law, there are many instances of dishonest trustees who drain the Trust and so there is no way to get the money back if and when it is discovered. 

And the Trustee of a so-called Living Trust is the person who set it up and they can do whatever they want until they do including revoking, spending the entire corpus and changing the beneficiaries.  The other Trustees if any can only use the money for the benefit of the owner until death when the corpus belongs to the beneficiaries. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, amarante said:

interpreted it as meaning you want to select a trustworthy trustee who doesn’t violate their fiduciary duties. While a trustee is supposed to act in accordance with the terms of the trust and the law, there are many instances of dishonest trustees who drain the Trust and so there is no way to get the money back if and when it is discovered. 

But that isn’t what she said. Kenya stayed she needed to choose someone she trusted because they could just spend the money however they wanted and not necessarily in the interest of Brooklyn and the attorney responded in the affirmative which isn’t true.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But that isn’t what she said. Kenya stayed she needed to choose someone she trusted because they could just spend the money however they wanted and not necessarily in the interest of Brooklyn and the attorney responded in the affirmative which isn’t true.

I didn't expect the T&E attorney to give Kenya a discourse on exactly how one sets up a Trust to protect the corpus. I just really interpreted it as being advice that one needs to select a Trustee that one trusts because there are lots of ways a Trustee could circumvent the intent of the Trust. 

Because the bottom line is that whatever the Trust says, the beneficiary of the Trust is dependent on the honesty, integrity and even the financial acumen of the Trustee. Someone like Kenya would actually have a bit of a dilemma in terms of the Trust because she doesn't have anyone in her life that seems to be trustworthy and has some degree of financial acumen. 

• Love 2

Porsha’s storyline seems partially staged- I do think she truly was devastated by Dennis’ infidelity, and that she does love him. 

Nene and Kenya’s ugly souls are showing themselves. 

Todd is the kind of dude that has little use for daughters- it’s ALL about the sons....

What the heck is up with Kandi’s new “nanny” ??! 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Porsha’s storyline seems partially staged- I do think she truly was devastated by Dennis’ infidelity, and that she does love him. 

Nene and Kenya’s ugly souls are showing themselves. 

Todd is the kind of dude that has little use for daughters- it’s ALL about the sons....

What the heck is up with Kandi’s new “nanny” ??! 

It was a little weird that he is so adamant that his daughter be independent when in the preview.

Spoiler

We heard Kandi say she has been supporting all of his businesses and none of them have been making money.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/16/2019 at 1:09 AM, Jade Foxx said:

And he had the nerve to show up on camera in this 1993 LA Gear track suit.....

So Nene's life coach just agrees with everything she says.  Now I see why Nene *thinks* she's making progress.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

And he had the nerve to show up on camera in this 1993 LA Gear track suit.....

So Nene's life coach just agrees with everything she says.  Now I see why Nene *thinks* she's making progress.  

I don't know about you all but I think it is odd the life coach and Nene were drinking together. 

If Dennis did not have money Porsha would not be looking in his direction.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

It was lemonade, that unfunny old man that carries her purse brought it out.

If I were that funny old man, I'd be spiking her lemonade with something a lot stronger.  Then I'd be the subject of a Dateline story (preferably narrated by Keith Morrison).

• LOL 7
  • Love 2