Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: One Fight in Bangkok

• Start Topic

The women bond over an encounter with rescued elephants; a outdoor market proves to be a nose-holding experience, while a condom-themed restaurant is an eye-opening one; the ladies visit Bangkok's red light district, which shocks and surprises.

Airs December 4, 2019.

• Love 1

Cary and LeAnne are the worst with this. Oh LeAnne bringing up the anal beads thing again isn't a good look.

I'm having second hand embarrassment with the baby elephant song. It's just so infantile.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Kary is full of it. If Kamren insulted Kary’s jewelry in front of a group should would definitely react differently that she said she would.

Leeann is insufferable- the two of them should have to sit next to each other on the flight home, at the very back of the plane (no reclining seat) and right by the bathroom. That would make me smile

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

Leanne get down off the cross we need the wood... they literally could apologize till they are blue in the face they could kill their first born and Leanne would still be a fucking martyr and she will bring it up like they tired to murder her and kill her whole family .. UGH I cant with leanne  

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Kam’s ping-pong drawing - what a hoot!

Her entire commentary. ...

I agree with LeeAnne about society and women. 

LeeAnne ruined it with her hating on Kary. Damn, LeeAnne sucks.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8

There MeAnne goes again! She's a straight up racist!Talking about Kary being Mexican again. Jeebus.

It's always, always, ALWAYS about MeAnne!  I really can't with her shit anymore.

But keywestclubkid, you are on FIRE tonight!! Hilarious!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

RE preview: LeeAnne definitely was trying to make Kam feel bad for enjoying herself - a narcissist’s punishment for someone who dared to step out of line.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12

Oh God....Leanne just sucks the fun out of everything.  And I'm even more convinced that she has something on Cam because her need for "control" in that relationship is just beyond and so different than Cam's other relationships.  

Leanne did mock Kary's jewelry in front of the group (she called them anal beads).  

I hate having my feet touched, but if I was able to sit in a little air conditioned box for a bit, I would've been all over those massages.  

I love Deandra's willingness to embrace the food and culture.  

And Brandi's sleeping pill episode was just great t.v....

I've pretty much given up on the other HOWIVE shows (except NY), but I"m loving Dallas.  I can't stand Leanne and can only really only be bemused by Cam, but that dynamic fascinates me.  

I'm very curious to see when the Leanne is a "racist" storyline really blows up (its overdue at this point).  

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

still wondering if ANY of those wedding guests who came bearing gifts got a thank you note from the bride.  My guess?? Naaaa.

LeeAnne apparently said in an interview that they weren’t doing thank you cards.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I'm still wondering if ANY of those wedding guests who came bearing gifts got a thank you note from the bride.  My guess?? Naaaa.

And those vendors? Think they heard anything??

No MeAnne proudly proclaimed she didn't thank anyone. Now that is trashy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Hmm, so Brandi takes Adderall and a sleeping pill that presents like Ambien? Sounds like me in my twenties. Wonder if she takes Xanax and Prozac too?

🎱 all signs point to yes. She and Steph were so cool this episode, so I'll have what they're having. 

I don't understand D'andra's level of poor. She has $200, but she and Jeremy went on African safaris?

If the dress was so not a big deal, why have it sent to a PO box?

It was nice to see them get along for the most part.

It was nice of Kam to speak up for Leeanne to Kary and D'andra, instead of just siding with them and doing what was easy. Having said that, Kam, what are the defaults of the dress? Is that like defects and faults combined? 🤔

I figured that condom restaurant was either going to be Kam's worst nightmare...or just the opposite!

I think--and correct me if I'm wrong--the apologies about the dress were sufficient to move on?

Stephanie is dead on balls that Leeanne got upset at the ping pong because Kameron and Kary were getting along and she was losing control.

Looking ahead to the preview, why does Leeanne always get so scary worked up on vacation at night, going back to season one, when she threatened to kill Marie? Maybe Brandi can pass her a tranquilizer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Hmm, so Brandi takes Adderall and a sleeping pill that presents like Ambien? Sounds like me in my twenties. Wonder if she takes Xanax and Prozac too?

🎱 all signs point to yes. She and Steph were so cool this episode, so I'll have what they're having. 

I don't understand D'andra's level of poor. She has $200, but she and Jeremy went on African safaris?

If the dress was so not a big deal, why have it sent to a PO box?

It was nice to see them get along for the most part.

It was nice of Kam to speak up for Leeanne to Kary and D'andra, instead of just siding with them and doing what was easy. Having said that, Kam, what are the defaults of the dress? Is that like defects and faults combined? 🤔

I figured that condom restaurant was either going to be Kam's worst nightmare...or just the opposite!

I think--and correct me if I'm wrong--the apologies about the dress were sufficient to move on?

Stephanie is dead on balls that Leeanne got upset at the ping pong because Kameron and Kary were getting along and she was losing control.

Looking ahead to the preview, why does Leeanne always get so scary worked up on vacation at night, going back to season one, when she threatened to kill Marie? Maybe Brandi can pass her a tranquilizer.

The profits from their company went to African safaris and a closet full of Valentino dresses! A mortgage at Highland Park and supporting her boy toy husband.

oh!  My mom gave me a broke company. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

DeAndra is Tori Spelling.  If Mama Dee gives her $100.....she spends $200.

If Mama Dee gives her a $60,000 yearly free allowance.......she still wants to bankrupt her inheritance.  Inheritance comes when Mama Dee dies!

This is what Candy Spelling told the media when Aaron left Tori a $800,000 inheritance. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Well jeez,MeAnne..... You gonna blame  being a carnival kid for not having enough manners  to thank people for gifts they gave for your ONE AND ONLY WEDDING???

Girl, you live in Dallas TEXAS.....  We remember shit like that! No matter whether you grew up rich OR poor!  Trust me. This will come back to bite her in the butt. Big.Time.

Burn that bridge.

• Love 20

LeeAnne is such a Debbie Downer.  She just sucks the air out any event she's at except if is about her and even then, it's not enough about her.

Her 'Mexican girl' comments continue to be disturbing.  I wonder how she's gonna talk her way out of this down the road when she gets confronted.  She'll probably will defend with it's about the carnival and her upbringing.  And something about Mexicans taking over jobs in the carnival.  She really is repulsive in so many ways.

Yeah, Kam's white board was everything.  Especially for Kam.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Well jeez,MeAnne..... You gonna blame  being a carnival kid for not having enough manners  to thank people for gifts they gave for your ONE AND ONLY WEDDING???

Girl, you live in Dallas TEXAS.....  We remember shit like that! No matter whether you grew up rich OR poor!  Trust me. This will come back to bite her in the butt. Big.Time.

Burn that bridge.

They have been talking about going to the Red Light District and the Ping Pong show since before the plane ride.

I mean....how do they act so ignorant?

I don’t go anywhere (especially if I have to pay) without checking reviews and videos AND photos.....on .....Yelp, Trip Advisor, Expedia, Google search and You Tube. 

When I go to a new restaurant I check the menu online and already know what I want.  I get there.....order my drink and food in the first 3 minutes.

staaaaahp it! 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

oh god now shes trying to compare her life to an elephants NO one not even Animals can have a worse upbringing the Leanne ... 

They could have visited an orphanage for Rohingya refugees and Leanne would have tried to one up them with a game of who has/had a shittier childhood.

Having said that, Kam, what are the defaults of the dress? Is that like defects and faults combined?

"Its like, I just invented my own portmentoo!"

giphy.gif

I don’t go anywhere (especially if I have to pay) without checking reviews and videos AND photos.....on .....Yelp, Trip Advisor, Expedia, Google search and You Tube. 

This is a criticism for not just this show, but most of the HWs shows. In this day and age, it isn't that hard to at least google where you are going to visit beforehand. At the very least, find out what continent you are visiting...

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, swankie said:

She was definitely going to keep her hat on at the temple until Leanne spoke up about it. 

I don’t believe she was, in fact I think she kept it on longer to annoy LeeAnne.

I know that there was at least one gorilla in the Ringling Brothers in the 1920s-1940s but anyone know if there is any truth that there would have been gorillas when LeeAnne, who was born in 1967, was growing up in the sort of low rent circuses she has implied? A quick google search says it’s unlikely but I am curious.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

LeeAnne is so intolerable. I’ve never liked her, but I’ve started actively yelling at my television in response to her speeches about her horrible carnival life. She’s firmly in a “hate to hate” category for me. I actually really love RHOD, but I watch in spite of LeeAnne. I wish she would get the boot, but I doubt that’s happening in the near future.

I LOVED the elephants (and all the other beautiful animals). It was so nice to see the Housewives go to a sanctuary rather than a zoo (RHOBH). But I couldn’t help but feel a bit dismayed by the cognitive dissonance among the women. The guide specifically says that elephants don’t have protection in Thailand because they are treated as “livestock.” What does that say about livestock? I know you feel their brokenness so acutely, LeeAnne, but the livestock that was on your plate that night was pretty damn broken too.

And the ping pong shows.... We saw poor baby elephants who have been abused and broken- let’s go see some sex shows where a number of women are likely abused and potential victims of sex trafficking!  Yeah! I appreciated that LeeAnne seemed to have a flicker of recognition regarding the abuses against sex workers. And that’s the only credit I’m giving her because I’m sure that concern about misogyny and sex workers is probably just another entryway for her to tell us all again how many times she’s been sexually abused and her suicide plans.

Oh Kam... *sigh*, unlike LeeAnne, I do “love to hate” you. Your drawings were very instructive and that dress you wore to the market was gorgeous. That said, I think you missed a lovely sartorial moment by not packing your condom earrings from last season.

36387B92-4E09-4DF0-B36E-0683CCDBF5CB.jpeg

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t believe she was, in fact I think she kept it on longer to annoy LeeAnne.

I know that there was at least one gorilla in the Ringling Brothers in the 1920s-1940s but anyone know if there is any truth that there would have been gorillas when LeeAnne, who was born in 1967, was growing up in the sort of low rent circuses she has implied? A quick google search says it’s unlikely but I am curious.

I can think of 2 examples from my childhood in the 60's:

1.  Ivan the gorilla.  He lived at the B&I, in Tacoma, WA, which was a local Woolworths type store until the 80's.  He was sent to the Atlanta zoo. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/aged-beloved-ivan-the-gorilla-from-tacoma-dies-at-atlanta-zoo/

https://www.historylink.org/File/20533

2.  When we lived down in Louisiana, a local store had a travelling dolphin show appear.  Dolphins. In a travelling type swimming pool.  I was 4.  That would have been 1968.

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I know you feel their brokenness so acutely, LeeAnne, but the livestock that was on your plate that night was pretty damn broken too.

And the ping pong shows.... We saw poor baby elephants who have been abused and broken- let’s go see some sex shows where a number of women are likely abused and potential victims of sex trafficking!  Yeah! I appreciated that LeeAnne seemed to have a flicker of recognition regarding the abuses against sex workers.

I'm with you. The fact that these entitled wealthy women were having fun at the expense of people who live miserable lives sickens me. Sex trafficking is everywhere and kind of hiding in plain sight; it's been normalized for so long. In my neighborhood an apartment complex housed trafficked sex workers from Central America. Recently a pretty little massage parlor opened six blocks from me and it's confirmed that women are offering sexual services there.

Thank God the sanctuary animals weren't tranquilized into being tourist favors.

Kary's "don't tell me what to do" reeks of spoiled brat.

Brandi's travel logistics: get loaded on every conceivable substance and make sure the camera sees it.

• Love 18

Leeann and the racist rants agains Mexicans. How is this allowed?? Why doesn't someone call her out? Why are we even seeing this?? To me, this is no different than using the N word. Would she be using that word about Kary, if she was black? I think she would. Is Leeann so tone deaf (and racist) that she sees nothing wrong with the way she is speaking? Or is it all for drama and more of the spotlight on her? She needs to be called out.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

I can think of 2 examples from my childhood in the 60's:

1.  Ivan the gorilla.  He lived at the B&I, in Tacoma, WA, which was a local Woolworths type store until the 80's.  He was sent to the Atlanta zoo. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/aged-beloved-ivan-the-gorilla-from-tacoma-dies-at-atlanta-zoo/

https://www.historylink.org/File/20533

2.  When we lived down in Louisiana, a local store had a travelling dolphin show appear.  Dolphins. In a travelling type swimming pool.  I was 4.  That would have been 1968.

Right but Ivan is a famous example and not in a circus. Most of the in captivity gorillas are famous because there were so few of them, I am not buying LeeAnne’s story.

Also, LeeAnne the issue is not that they are sex workers it’s that they might be trafficked and basically trapped/doing it against their will which depending on the club the same conditions can apply for the “ladyboys”.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Her 'Mexican girl' comments continue to be disturbing.  I wonder how she's gonna talk her way out of this down the road when she gets confronted.  She'll probably will defend with it's about the carnival and her upbringing.  And something about Mexicans taking over jobs in the carnival.  She really is repulsive in so many ways.

She will say that she's only said that because Cary "always" talks about being from Mexico, being Mexican etc and that she's mocking that, not Mexicans.  Except, she always says it so snidely and with such a sneer that it's really not an acceptable defense.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

She will say that she's only said that because Cary "always" talks about being from Mexico, being Mexican etc and that she's mocking that, not Mexicans.  Except, she always says it so snidely and with such a sneer that it's really not an acceptable defense.

And I can’t believe that Kary ever once described herself as a “chirpy little Mexican” as LeeAnne does in the preview. I still say Kary brings up being Mexican a lot less than LeeAnne brings up her being a carnie or her abusive past. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Right but Ivan is a famous example and not in a circus. Most of the in captivity gorillas are famous because there were so few of them, I am not buying LeeAnne’s story.

Also, LeeAnne the issue is not that they are sex workers it’s that they might be trafficked and basically trapped/doing it against their will which depending on the club the same conditions can apply for the “ladyboys”.

If a 5 and dime could get their hands on a gorilla then it is not out of the realm of possibility that a low rent carnival could also.

Ivan is famous, but he could have just as easily not been famous.  Just because it's not on the internet, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I tried travelling dolphin shows in the 60s and nothing came up.  But they did have them.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yes to your entire post - and the fact that LeeAnne wanted sooo badly to go to a "ladyboy" show annoyed me, and then, further annoyed me when she was so affronted by the "ping pong parlor".  

And, while sex trafficking and these type of sex shows repulse me and many, many other people, we also have to remember that in other cultures and parts of the world, they are considered acceptable (although disgusting) entertainment, unfortunately.  

Too often, governments turn a blind eye to what is right in front of them, because, while not legal, it is condoned and tacitly accepted as part of their culture, and often, probably run by organized crime families that are much more powerful than the government.  It's so sad.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Boy, if you'd told me at the beginning of the season that I'd end up liking Brandi and dread seeing LeeAnne on screen, I never would have believed you. But that's where I am! It's not fun to travel with someone who's a huge buzzkill all the time and it's not fun to watch either. 

I don't really like D'Andra or Kary, but I appreciated the way they sincerely apologized for the dress thing so it didn't carry on all episode. It was nice to see everyone get along, even if it was brief. 

Edited by Panda Bear
Typo!
  • Love 16