Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E17: Florida Fun and Fury

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Would starting over make a difference, given the caliber of women they've been getting over the last few years? I think you'd need to also replace the casting people, showrunners, producers, etc.

Let’s not forget Satan Andy

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Except they are rarely shamed for that, if at all. It most cases, it is a form of misogyny (and sometimes internal too) used to insult women who *gasp* might actually enjoy sex. It's also a step or two away from saying "she was asking for it".

In either case, people being promiscuous and/or enjoying sex for the sake of enjoying it shouldn't be called out for it, nor should it be used to insult people in a nasty way.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 10
On 11/26/2019 at 11:40 PM, mbaywife123 said:

It is quite obvious that Brawny & Shawn are bi-sexual swingers.

Good for them, whatever floats their boats they are consenting adults but they might want to rethink airing all of their picadellos for their children and their friends and family to see on film in  perpetuity. 

100%!  Some of the pictures they showed from their time in Miami were definitely lifestyle (aka swinger) theme costumes.  (Swingers love themed parties!).  Plus there is a very large scene down there.  If they aren't swingers, they are "dirty vanillas".

On 11/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, chenoa333 said:

I agree. I get the "controlling, macho husband" vibe from Ryan. 

Actually, she's the one who wanted to move.  She even said it in the episode, but there's an interview somewhere that she talked about wanting to move and raise her boys away from the OC pressure.  If you follow their social media, they seem very happy there and do a lot together as a family and as a couple.  She's also working in an ER.  I think they've both grown up a lot.  

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, melkel14 said:

Actually, she's the one who wanted to move.  She even said it in the episode

Yeah, Brianna is the one who "wanted to move" and Ryan concurred.

In their particular case, moving away from OC was a good idea. Away from the Bravo cameras and fake drama.

Life for non celebrities has enough drama and challenges. So whoever, whatever made them move to NC... it's working well for them and, most importantly, the boys.

• Love 5
On 11/27/2019 at 11:43 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

Shannon looked fabulous heading into court!  That's your look Ms. Storm.  Right there.

Yes. I agree.  She is the prettiest of the whole bunch.  A real natural.  She really doesn’t belong with this bunch, especially Tamra.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Except they are rarely shamed for that, if at all. It most cases, it is a form of misogyny (and sometimes internal too) used to insult women who *gasp* might actually enjoy sex. It's also a step or two away from saying "she was asking for it".

In either case, people being promiscuous and/or enjoying sex for the sake of enjoying it shouldn't be called out for it, nor should it be used to insult people in a nasty way.

In your opinion, which you are absolutely entitled to. Those of us that feel differently have just as much right to shame away. 

• Like 2
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes. I agree.  She is the prettiest of the whole bunch.  A real natural.  She really doesn’t belong with this bunch, especially Tamra.

And, at one point, the classiest  Tamra has been a terrible influence on her. Maybe she should move to New York, she would fit in better there. I live in the OC. Watching this show you would think we are all a bunch of drunk, foul mouthed, exhibitionist sluts that scream at our girlfriends virtually every time we are together. That is not reality, but, with the exception of Shannon and Emily, these women are pure trash, regardless of their zip codes.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Agree to disagree.

When I was a slut, I didn't enjoy sex, I was doing it for attention.  I don't hate myself or women, and I don't have a clue how that ties in.

Gina is acting slutty for attention.

• Love 12

In your opinion, which you are absolutely entitled to. Those of us that feel differently have just as much right to shame away. 

And people have the right to say other things too. That doesn't mean it should be said or done.

When I was a slut, I didn't enjoy sex, I was doing it for attention.

And I'm glad you've worked out whatever issues you had in the past. But judging other women for being promiscuous is a form of shaming for them...again, I'm not exactly sure what it is they need to be shamed for.

I don't hate myself or women, and I don't have a clue how that ties in.

Because obviously, sluts are "asking for it".

Agree to disagree indeed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

And people have the right to say other things too. That doesn't mean it should be said or done.

And I'm glad you've worked out whatever issues you had in the past. But judging other women for being promiscuous is a form of shaming for them...again, I'm not exactly sure what it is they need to be shamed for.

Agree to disagree indeed.

What does "asking for it" have to do with anything related to judging undignified behavior?

Edited by Higgins
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, chlban said:

And, at one point, the classiest  Tamra has been a terrible influence on her. Maybe she should move to New York, she would fit in better there. I live in the OC. Watching this show you would think we are all a bunch of drunk, foul mouthed, exhibitionist sluts that scream at our girlfriends virtually every time we are together. That is not reality, but, with the exception of Shannon and Emily, these women are pure trash, regardless of their zip codes.

Unfortunately Emily has lowered herself as well in this episode. While I have never been an Emily fan, I would have agreed with your assessment last year, but not this one.

They all seem desperate to hold on to their oranges. When Vicki is the one who is creeped out by the others' behavior, you know that they are acting ridiculous. And I have no problem with adding ageism to my slut shaming - I am older than all of these women and think that those with daughters the ages that these howives daughters are should be embarrassed by their own actions.  I don't want to hear one howife whining about how someone else is ruining their reputation. Nope, you are doing it to yourselves. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, chlban said:

Not true.  Remember when Bethenny screamed every shameful word in the book to Countess Luann when they were in the Bezerkshires?  So, not only in the OC., but everywhere.  Sluts, tramps, whatever.  It is our prorogative to state our opinion like everyone else.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

All good, never had any issues.  Just enjoyed being slutty for attention.  This was when I was in college and in my sorority everyone was doing the same thing.  It’s like drinking too much, acting up.

Sluts are quite literally asking for it, that’s the whole point.  Acting slutty=sleeping around, on your own accord.

I think you are incorrectly tying together acting slutty with rape... somehow.  No one is going there!

I think you are getting some popular buzzwords/issues mixed up.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, chlban said:

Don't worry--I don't think anyone with a brain in their heads takes these women and projects their values onto OC as a whole, the same way I hope they don't make assumptions about Atlanta based on the Atlanta Housewives, etc.

I'm from New York, and I never worried that the RHNCY would reflect poorly on where I was from.  The way they act--that's their problem.  I really don't understand why the NYC franchise is held in a higher regard than the others though.  You have Bethenny with her filthy mouth, Sonja being an old drunken slut, rolling around on the floor, Dorinda the alleged drug user, Ramona who mangles all her phrases like Vicki, Luann trying to be one step ahead of the justice system, and that whiny child, Tinsley  

I think Shannon is better than the lot of them.  She just needs to clean her act up.

I'm going to say something really unpopular--I think Tamra is legit beautiful, probably even gorgeous.  Buuuut she does not look 35, the way she probably thinks she does (who am I kidding--she thinks she looks 25!). And it just goes to show how evil she is that even when she presents such a pleasing exterior, so many of us find her physically ugly because of her facial expressions and the venom she spews.

Being totally honest about Emily--I want to like her, but I'm still not over her letting her kid kick the dog in the first episode.  If she cleans up her domestic situation, I'd like her a lot better.

Gina has been beyond redemption since she joined this show, IMO.  

I want Kelly to take Tamra down and then get off the show to deal with her mood disorders.

• Love 17
On 11/27/2019 at 9:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I believe Michael is  VP at Coto Insurance. Now, Vicki may hand out VP titles like candy, but Michael has certainly worked his way up from being an office lackey (remember the scene when Vicki corrected his stapling?). He must be well-compensated to put up with her BS.

Doesn't he live some distance away? I would imagine that he doesn't actually work in the office especially since whatever business they actually do really isn't a desk job anyway. 

• LOL 1
48 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Don't worry--I don't think anyone with a brain in their heads takes these women and projects their values onto OC as a whole, the same way I hope they don't make assumptions about Atlanta based on the Atlanta Housewives, etc.

I'm from New York, and I never worried that the RHNCY would reflect poorly on where I was from.  The way they act--that's their problem.  I really don't understand why the NYC franchise is held in a higher regard than the others though.  You have Bethenny with her filthy mouth, Sonja being an old drunken slut, rolling around on the floor, Dorinda the alleged drug user, Ramona who mangles all her phrases like Vicki, Luann trying to be one step ahead of the justice system, and that whiny child, Tinsley  

I think Shannon is better than the lot of them.  She just needs to clean her act up.

I'm going to say something really unpopular--I think Tamra is legit beautiful, probably even gorgeous.  Buuuut she does not look 35, the way she probably thinks she does (who am I kidding--she thinks she looks 25!). And it just goes to show how evil she is that even when she presents such a pleasing exterior, so many of us find her physically ugly because of her facial expressions and the venom she spews.

Being totally honest about Emily--I want to like her, but I'm still not over her letting her kid kick the dog in the first episode.  If she cleans up her domestic situation, I'd like her a lot better.

I want Kelly to take Tamra down and then get off the show to deal with her mood disorders.

Kicking that dog did it for me right from the beginning.  What kind of person who loves children so much would do a thing as that?  It’s beyond me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

BTW, Little Tinsley got engaged finally to Scott.  Guess she’ll be moving to Chicago.  Another one bites the dust for n.y.   Maybe Kelly will take her place.  Now that would be great t.v.   OMG if only.  Kelly on New York would be the ultimate.  I would absolutely love it to see how they all would get along.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

^^^

I did see that on the Bravo website, and good riddance!  I can't freaking stand Tinsely Mortimer, so please God, let her marry Scott, who treats her like shit, just like every other guy does.  I would gladly take Kelly in her place.  I would take Kelly Bensimone and Kelly Dodd on RHNYC if Tinsely would just head for greener pastures already (I know she's not going anywhere, as she was just on on that Andy Bravocon bullshit show, and of course I'll watch, because I'm Bravo's bitch).

I'd so much rather watch these OC bitches be awful to each other than watch the shrieking arrested development woman-child Tinsley.  In fact, I would love it if she moved over to OC, where Tamra would really give her something to cry about. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^

I did see that on the Bravo website, and good riddance!  I can't freaking stand Tinsely Mortimer, so please God, let her marry Scott, who treats her like shit, just like every other guy does.  I would gladly take Kelly in her place.  I would take Kelly Bensimone and Kelly Dodd on RHNYC if Tinsely would just head for greener pastures already (I know she's not going anywhere, as she was just on on that Andy Bravocon bullshit show, and of course I'll watch, because I'm Bravo's bitch).

I'd so much rather watch these OC bitches be awful to each other than watch the shrieking arrested development woman-child Tinsley.  In fact, I would love it if she moved over to OC, where Tamra would really give her something to cry about. 

Baby Tinsley couldn’t handle OC.  She’s too delicate.  Kelly tho, would be great on N.Y., IF her engagement lasts that long.  Where does Jolie go?  I’m sayin, California., so there lies the trouble.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Baby Tinsley couldn’t handle OC.  She’s too delicate.  Kelly tho, would be great on N.Y., IF her engagement lasts that long.  Where does Jolie go?  I’m sayin, California., so there lies the trouble.

Tinsley couldn’t handle OC because they are far too trashy & poor for her. With the exception of Emily, they are all uneducated nitwits. Tinsley is from real money, went to boarding school, was part of NYC & southern society. RHOC is full of nouveau riche (&, not so riche) trash.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Sluts are quite literally asking for it, that’s the whole point.  Acting slutty=sleeping around, on your own accord.

I think you are incorrectly tying together acting slutty with rape... somehow.  No one is going there!

I think you are getting some popular buzzwords/issues mixed up.

If you say so. It just seems wrong to judge women for that. As long as they are consenting adults.

Not tying certain attitudes to rape, just certain opinions. And how one can affect the other.

Anyone, moving on, since I doubt any of us will convince the other at this point...

Kelly on New York would be the ultimate.  I would absolutely love it to see how they all would get along.

Isn't she friends with Ramona? Or are they just "friends"? I think someone posted that Ramona introduced Kelly to Kelly's fiance?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, Wicked said:

Bronwyn is married to a gay guy, which is totally fine.  As long as she is fine with being married to  a gay guy.

I’m more included to believe the theory that they’re both bisexual swingers/lifestyle. And if they are, who gives a shit? I *will* judge them for being thirsty, thirsty famewhores, however.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, ChitChat said:

Emily might have the stones to go up against Tamra, but I don't see any of the other ladies being that brave.  

Oh, right, I forgot about Emily... Her IQ's probably over 100, but Tamra's been honing her interpersonal-conflict skills on this show for years and would likely mop the floor with her.  Plus I doubt Emily would go up against Tamra  unless she had a personal reason to do so.  Pity.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ladle said:

Argh, it’s frustrating because Kelly is right about Tamra but she’s also bananas. They need to bring somebody with an IQ over 100 onto this show to finally take Tammy Sue down. 

Kelly does say some insightful things about the other women, but she is also reactive and at times irrational even when she is sober.  She has anger management problems that just get worse when she drinks too much; she can be really vile and hurtful when she loses control.

25 minutes ago, ladle said:

Oh, right, I forgot about Emily... Her IQ's probably over 100, but Tamra's been honing her interpersonal-conflict skills on this show for years and would likely mop the floor with her.  Plus I doubt Emily would go up against Tamra  unless she had a personal reason to do so.  Pity.    

Yes, Emily may be more intelligent and educated than Tamra, but Tamra is both a survivor and a savvy street fighter.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I thought he was also charged with domestic  abuse, or am I thinking of someone  else. I am starting  to believe  the poster,  that said anything  with Matt, and his newly undying love, is all made up.

He was. What's airing now is when they briefly reconciled before the incident. I'm curious to know if they were still filming when that all went down.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/29/2019 at 10:53 AM, chlban said:

Actually, it’s the same all over, no matter what zip code.  Look at the Housewives of New Jersey.  They yell, scream, call each other names too.  Same with N.Y.  There is just one thing I don’t understand.  What the hell does Shannon have in common with Tamra?  Those two do not belong together at all.  They are night and day.  If anything, I think Shannon and Emily would be a better fit.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What the hell does Shannon have in common with Tamra?  Those two do not belong together at all.  They are night and day.  If anything, I think Shannon and Emily would be a better fit.

Tamra drinks. Emily doesn't. If Shannon quit drinking, she wouldn't have anything in common with Tamara. Right now, they both like to get sloppy drunk and take unlimited shots. It's got to get hard to find drinking buddies and party friends in your 50's. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Tamra drinks. Emily doesn't. If Shannon quit drinking, she wouldn't have anything in common with Tamara. Right now, they both like to get sloppy drunk and take unlimited shots. It's got to get hard to find drinking buddies and party friends in your 50's. 

Shannon has a whole new life now. She has a boyfriend who is handsome, educated, wealthy and looks like he has a lot of class. The both went to the same university, are divorced and have 3 kids. They were introduced by friends. Shannon looks deliriously happy in her IG posts. She met him after this season wrapped so I'm really curious to see how she behaves next season. I think it's going to be a very different Shannon. I just hope he doesn't change his mind about her after seeing her antics on the show. When she is on WWHL and he is in the audience she is quiter and more reserved so I'm inclined to believe that is the new Shannon!

• Love 11

@bichonblitz,   I have no quote thingy, and my I pad is going nuts, but thank you for the info on Shannon.  I don’t do IG so don’t know what’s going on with her.  Happy to know she found someone more suited to her, and hope she dumps Tamra.  Shannon is my favorite, always was.

• Love 4

Everyone looked like HELL in this episode. Gina lied more times than I can count, Satan’s concubine aka Tamra was particularly rat-like this ep and her TH with the silvery shirt cut to her navel looks like a bun-based baking catastrophe, where overlooked dough is melting (into silicone...)

I'm sick of the cult of St. Brianna. It’s great she separated from her momster but her husband is dreadful and B has a mawkish, meh, whiny barf of a personality.

Team Kelly and I don’t even like her. And shut up Shannon.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 11/29/2019 at 10:43 AM, chlban said:

I agree. 

Talking about sluts.  I was watching a movie, and the daughter told the mom she was dating a few guys.  The mother replied “what are you, a slut?”   The daughter replied,  “ no mom, I’m not a slut, as I don’t have sex with them.”    If that means anything to anyone, just sayin, as I thought that comment was interesting.  In my day, a girl that had sex with numerous guys was called a slut.  

• Love 1
On 12/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, Midnight Cheese said:

Everyone looked like HELL in this episode. Gina lied more times than I can count, Satan’s concubine aka Tamra was particularly rat-like this ep and her TH with the silvery shirt cut to her navel looks like a bun-based baking catastrophe, where overlooked dough is melting (into silicone...)

I'm sick of the cult of St. Brianna. It’s great she separated from her momster but her husband is dreadful and B has a mawkish, meh, whiny barf of a personality.

Team Kelly and I don’t even like her. And shut up Shannon.  

I just don’t believe Brianna is in love with her husband.  Call me stupid, but I think she fears him, and didn’t know his personality until after she married him.  From the few times I saw him talking mean to someone, he reminds me of a guy with a short fuse ready to explode at any time.  Even if she wanted to leave him, I think she would be afraid.  He looks the type that wouldn’t let her take those kids away from him.  She was desperate to be married, and he came along.  I think she’s just going along with the flow, and not that happy, and can’t do anything about it.  Just my opinion.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I just don’t believe Brianna is in love with her husband.  Call me stupid, but I think she fears him, and didn’t know his personality until after she married him.  From the few times I saw him talking mean to someone, he reminds me of a guy with a short fuse ready to explode at any time.  Even if she wanted to leave him, I think she would be afraid.  He looks the type that wouldn’t let her take those kids away from him.  She was desperate to be married, and he came along.  I think she’s just going along with the flow, and not that happy, and can’t do anything about it.  Just my opinion.

I totally agree. He always struck me as a big bully and an opinionated abuser.  She wanted to get away from Vicki so badly and latched on to him. She looks good though.   

Gina’s hair could not possibly look any worse. It’s a bleached out rat’s nest. She should cut off a good 12” of it at a minimum. And how is a Long Island girl so afraid of water??

I can’t believe how much crap these women have to lug along on vacation? Bags and bags of lotions, potions, make up, appliances, extra weave hair,  hair products!! Ridiculous!!! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

I totally agree. He always struck me as a big bully and an opinionated abuser.  She wanted to get away from Vicki so badly and latched on to him. She looks good though.   

Gina’s hair could not possibly look any worse. It’s a bleached out rat’s nest. She should cut off a good 12” of it at a minimum. And how is a Long Island girl so afraid of water??

I can’t believe how much crap these women have to lug along on vacation? Bags and bags of lotions, potions, make up, appliances, extra weave hair,  hair products!! Ridiculous!!! 

Ha!  Without all these lotions and makeup, they would look worse than average.  They couldn’t even fix their hair the whole time they were there.  They looked like a bunch of hags.  You can’t beat Father Time.  As young as Gina is, she looked the worst.  Long Island girls do not look like that.  They look chic and fashionably dressed, not like some ole witch.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2019 at 8:56 AM, bichonblitz said:

Shannon has a whole new life now. She has a boyfriend who is handsome, educated, wealthy and looks like he has a lot of class. The both went to the same university, are divorced and have 3 kids. They were introduced by friends. Shannon looks deliriously happy in her IG posts. She met him after this season wrapped so I'm really curious to see how she behaves next season. I think it's going to be a very different Shannon. I just hope he doesn't change his mind about her after seeing her antics on the show. When she is on WWHL and he is in the audience she is quiter and more reserved so I'm inclined to believe that is the new Shannon!

I hope so

• Love 1