Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

What happens when the baby grows up and turns out to be a lot like Kristina? Are we going to return them to the incubator or blame Kristina for not having enough kale and eating cake at the wedding reception?

Half the baby's genes are Kristina's. This show (and probably all soaps, to be fair) loves to claim behavior is a result of genetics. Look at how Dante and Sonny both love pasta proves they're related. Or that Luke and stupid Ethan both raised a whiskey glass to their mouths in the same way meant they were definitely father and son. 

So of course she'll get the blame when the kid turns out love meat or not want to go to college.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Instead of talking to her Uncle Sonny himself, or Jason, or Kristina herself, Molly goes to Carly to find out what happened with Kristina because Kristina is supposedly too fragile to ask directly. What a coward! Molly being in tears, saying she's going to "hope" and "pray" that Kristina will do the right thing for herself and the baby made me roll my eyes. It's a sad day when Carly believes in Kristina more than her own sister does and when the sister lies to her "domestic partner" 's face because she knows he'll just interrogate/berate Kristina and make things worse. Now TJ's displeased because Kristina hasn't been texting Molly regularly and Molly wasn't in her office when he called?

Curtis playing the Esme card with Laura when his daughter is alive and Laura's grandson is presumed dead due to saving his daughter from Esme, was just gross. So was Portia with telling Molly her office can't be trusted re: Heather.

The contrast between how Elizabeth behaves toward Chase v. Finn is quite stark. You could practically see the withdrawal in her eyes when he said Finn's name and tried to appeal to her to cut Finn some slack.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Laura's anger about the press finding out about her actions toward Heather is ridiculous. It doesn't matter she was acting as a private citizen (which is quite the hair to split, and she should know better than to try)—It was entirely predictable the news would get out. She asked for public records.

29 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Curtis playing the Esme card with Laura when his daughter is alive and Laura's grandson is presumed dead due to saving his daughter from Esme, was just gross. So was Portia with telling Molly her office can't be trusted re: Heather.

Curtis has always been a self-righteous jackass. Portia isn't far behind.

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Instead of talking to her Uncle Sonny himself, or Jason, or Kristina herself, Molly goes to Carly to find out what happened with Kristina because Kristina is supposedly too fragile to ask directly. What a coward!

Seriously. Carly said more than once she witnessed nothing. Talk to people who were actually there. I do like Carly saying that Kristina was made of good stuff and she and the baby would be fine. She didn't have to do that.

It cracks me up the way Sonny sneers "caaahp." It's so petty. I love it.

I am still aggravated no one is thinking that Sonny's meds need a closer look. It's like everyone has forgotten what a manic episode is like. And really, if Jason gets shot in the coffee warehouse, Sonny is going to be a suspect no matter what. It's obvious he's impaired in some respect (more than usual, that is!).

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Kristina is past the point of a miscarriage and a one time stressful event at this point probably will not affect her or the baby. Women have been having babies since the beginning of the human race, under much more stressful and difficult conditions. If one more character talks about her being fragile, well, I won’t do anything but I’ll be really annoyed.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Everyone is intent on getting Laura to stop her one-woman Innocence Project for Heather. Although, since Heather really did commit those crimes, maybe it is more of a "Mitigation Project". And no one seems to understand that no matter what Laura does, she isn't the one to either a) argue that Heather was unable to distinguish between right and wrong or b) decide what the outcome might be, and none of those people (primarily Portia and Curtis) are in a position to make that decision either. Going to "fight" Laura on it? Exactly how? Perhaps through social networking? 

Also, how will they all react when PC's favorite mobster is also shown to be influenced by his medication (or lack thereof)? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think a wonderful thing would be for the baby's first word to happen at a family gathering and for that first word to be "cheeseburger."

• LOL 5

Isn't Laura leading the charge to free Heather? Why is she acting like she's not the one who started the process to free the cop killer and dancing around with Curtis. 

Team Curtis and Portia on this. 

Why would Molly go to Carly for what happened at the wedding and not someone who actually was there? So Molly acknowledges Carly as her aunt by marriage but does she acknowledge Sonny's her uncle? 

Elizabeth can help and support Chase mourning but Finn she attacks and can't understand? Chase having to explain the events to her still? 

So they're going to have Kristina be written as not knowing what mobster is? The same Kristina who knew Sonny put a hit bomb on Ethan? Mafia princess reality show, that Kristina? 

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why would Molly go to Carly for what happened at the wedding and not someone who actually was there? So Molly acknowledges Carly as her aunt by marriage but does she acknowledge Sonny's her uncle? 

So they're going to have Kristina be written as not knowing what mobster is? The same Kristina who knew Sonny put a hit bomb on Ethan? Mafia princess reality show, that Kristina? 

A) Molly's a coward and also thinks Kristina is fragile. But I also get the impression that as TJ is becoming angrier/more controlling, she doesn't want to go directly to Sonny or Jason and question them and then have TJ find out about it and that she questioned them behind his back. B.) Molly acknowledged to Anna that Sonny's her uncle, but it was before Sonny beat up Dex.

A) Yes, they're retconning Kristina's history now. B) Sonny actually set the car bomb for Johnny Z. She told her dad that Ethan beat her up because she figured he - Luke's son- would be spared while she thought her dad would kill Keifer. She had a crush on Ethan but wanted her dad's attention, so she let him think something was going on between her and Johnny. C) I figure the Show's writers assume that the audience has forgotten about the mafia princess reality show because that was a storyline played by an actress who was short-term in the Kristina role, between LA's long stints as Kristina.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

What is Jason writing at the desk? How he has to buy more black shirts?  Love notes to Carly? Is he the only one at the coffee warehouse?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, ljr said:

What is Jason writing at the desk? How he has to buy more black shirts?  Love notes to Carly? Is he the only one at the coffee warehouse?

he told Sonny he hired more staff. I guess they’re invisible because he’s the only one I ever see there. 

I guess Sonny outsourced the hit on Jason because we all know not one of Sonny’s men would accept thst job. And of course he finds the two most incompetent hit men for the job. Unless they wer actually hired by Valentin ro frame Sonny?  Which makes more sense but they’re still incompetent 🤣

Edited by Sake614
  • Useful 1

I really enjoyed the Brennan and John Cates conversation especially the FBI's theories about Anna.  Now I wonder if that's John bluffing to see Brennan's reactions?  Anna and john Cates need to share information about Pikeman, especially Valentin's involvement.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura's anger about the press finding out about her actions toward Heather is ridiculous. It doesn't matter she was acting as a private citizen (which is quite the hair to split, and she should know better than to try)—It was entirely predictable the news would get out. She asked for public records.

21 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Curtis playing the Esme card with Laura when his daughter is alive and Laura's grandson is presumed dead due to saving his daughter from Esme, was just gross. So was Portia with telling Molly her office can't be trusted re: Heather.

Never had much use for Curtis or Portia (he had SO much potential early on), but painfully, I'm on their side this time.

A good writing staff would have someone (Kevin maybe?) bring to Laura's attention that her odd moral stands usually have painful consequences for other people - as when she urged Esme and Nic to turn themselves into the authorities when there might have been other alternatives.

Curtis is right, essentially - if Laura gets Heather back on the streets, any ensuing mayhem she causes will be on Mayor Collins's head.

• Like 2

Sonny has gone totally around the bend ordering a hit on Jason

Laura already knew she was treading choppy waters in regards to Heather. I believe her deputy mayor already pointed the issues out to her. I can understand why she's doing it, but given Heather's crimes, she needed to be much more careful than she has been

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Curtis and Portia are totally right to be outraged—they should be!—that Laura is trying to mitigate Heather's crimes. But @Bringonthedrama is right that for him to bring up Esmé was a jerk move. Trina is alive because Spencer (purportedly) died fighting off Esmé.

At any rate, Laura is well aware of what Heather did. I think she's misguided, to say the least, to get involved in seeing if Heather can get some relief—that's for a lawyer, to deal with, not the mayor of Port Charles—but the writing has done a decent job of showing her conflicting feeling. She's Heather's relative and has her power of attorney, she's horrified at Heather's actions, she's somewhat sympathetic to the cobalt poisoning affecting Heather's past actions. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I bet it’s Pileman who ordered the hit and will try to pin it on Sonny. Or do we know for sure it’s on Sonny’s orders. 

The SHOW wants us to think Sonny ordered the hit, based on the last thing he said to Carly.   But my guess is Valentine is setting the Pikeman plan in motion and ordered the hit, with the expectation that Sonny will get the blame.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I bet it’s Pileman who ordered the hit and will try to pin it on Sonny. Or do we know for sure it’s on Sonny’s orders. 

5 minutes ago, sas616 said:

The SHOW wants us to think Sonny ordered the hit, based on the last thing he said to Carly.   But my guess is Valentine is setting the Pikeman plan in motion and ordered the hit, with the expectation that Sonny will get the blame.

I hadn't considered that. Good thinking. I was kind of thinking we had seen one of those gunman before but maybe not working for Sonny

• Like 1

OMG, why are assassins so stupid on this show?! Why try to sneak up on the unsneakable Jason. Why not walk in, ask for an employment application and when he isn't suspecting pull out your gun and shoot him, or have a woman do it, to take him further off guard. I'm not a trained assassin, and it took me five seconds to come up with this superior plan. Having said that, one of gunman was rather hot! 

I think Laura is being an idiot. Has she looked into every single case study of people with cobalt poisoning? I'm guessing if she does, she will find only the tiniest fraction (if that) of them commited murder, and it is not a free pass to reduced consequences. Why did she even accept to be Heather's power of attorney? Why is she risking her career and upsetting all her so called friends and loved one's by doing this? She should be putting her energy toward helping victims and Ace. If Heather is A-OK now, she can advocate for herself. Sheesh. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

At any rate, Laura is well aware of what Heather did. I think she's misguided, to say the least, to get involved in seeing if Heather can get some relief—that's for a lawyer, to deal with, not the mayor of Port Charles—but the writing has done a decent job of showing her conflicting feeling. She's Heather's relative and has her power of attorney, she's horrified at Heather's actions, she's somewhat sympathetic to the cobalt poisoning affecting Heather's past actions. 

I feel like Laura is doing this because she has no family left outside of Ace. Lucky is exiled somewhere, Laura is in a coma, Nikolas is in jail, Spencer is dead. Of course, she has Aiden who we will never see now that he came out to his mother and Jake doesn't really seem to rank all that high. Cameron is in California enjoying life.

But this whole storyline is dumb. They should 86 Heather. The character ran its course.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

feel like Laura is doing this because she has no family left outside of Ace. Lucky is exiled somewhere, Laura is in a coma, Nikolas is in jail, Spencer is dead. Of course, she has Aiden who we will never see now that he came out to his mother and Jake doesn't really seem to rank all that high. Cameron is in California enjoying life.

But this whole storyline is dumb. They should 86 Heather. The character ran its course.

Good point about Laura feeling somewhat isolated. She has conflicted feelings about half-Brother Cyrus, the half-brother she likes, Martin, hasn't been seen in awhile and Daughter Lulu is comatose.

The biggest flaw from one regime to another is the absence of Lucky. Did Sibohan McKenna's murder damage him so irrevocably that he couldn't come to his father's funeral or visit his sister in whatever Center she's in?  Kind of ruins one of the franchise's iconic characters.

Whatever the rationale, Laura is wrong, wrong, wrong. Part of me believes that Laura sympathizes with Heather because of her own past mental health issues.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

One hundred percent. Alley Mills might be a lovely person, but Heather isn't and she shouldn't be redeemed in any way. Leave her offscreen forever in Pentonville.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Wondering if Laura's unpopular looking out for Heather will be a means of deposing her from her role as mayor, and either allowing Jordan to step in or precipitate a special election.  Might set up some conflict with Drew over this proposed ferry and lakefront project.  Of course, Jordan is already in charge of that project on the city end, so who knows?

Speaking of that project---I really like the idea, as it could be a chance to bring in some blue collar workers and families, and would provide a new long term background event that could bring with it celebration, conflict, accidents, full blown disasters, etc.---basically, old school GH, and I would be all for it.  

Also, did I hear Dante say that he's never known Sonny to purposely do anything wrong??!!

Edited by JMO
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Even if Heather were acquitted because of the cobalt poisoning, she's not about to walk around freely. Hadn't she been locked up in a mental facility for decades before sneaking out to hook people to death?

• Like 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I feel like Laura is doing this because she has no family left outside of Ace.

This - they've very thoroughly written off all of her family - but personally I suspect it's because they're using Laura to "lead" the audience/convince us to buy this 'Heather is good' BS. Laura's one of those moral compass type of characters, generally speaking, and we're supposed to believe that if she likes Heather then heck, maybe we should too! 🤢

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

This - they've very thoroughly written off all of her family - but personally I suspect it's because they're using Laura to "lead" the audience/convince us to buy this 'Heather is good' BS. Laura's one of those moral compass type of characters, generally speaking, and we're supposed to believe that if she likes Heather then heck, maybe we should too! 🤢

I don't even mind Heather's brand of crazy or scenery chewing, but I am so tired of this whole redeem a murderer for X health issue. Franco had a tumor, Heather had cobalt poisoning, Sonny's meds have been tempered with. Or this person is a villain because their parents were terrible, or they had some tough breaks.

Well boohoo. Sometimes a shitty person is just a shitty person. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 11
On 5/31/2024 at 12:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. Carly said more than once she witnessed nothing. Talk to people who were actually there. I do like Carly saying that Kristina was made of good stuff and she and the baby would be fine. She didn't have to do that.

It cracks me up the way Sonny sneers "caaahp." It's so petty. I love it.

I am still aggravated no one is thinking that Sonny's meds need a closer look. It's like everyone has forgotten what a manic episode is like. And really, if Jason gets shot in the coffee warehouse, Sonny is going to be a suspect no matter what. It's obvious he's impaired in some respect (more than usual, that is!).

Very sick of Portia’s shrill bitching whenever it comes to her precious brood.

• Like 14
18 hours ago, sas616 said:

Yep definitely.  Sonny coming in with a strong assist in Valentine's plan to set him up for murder.  He's very smart.  Big brain.  Very  big brain. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Big brain.  Very  big brain. 

Biggest brain in the history of brains! Everyone says so. All the scholars agree! There’s never been a bigger brain. NEVER! 🤣

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I am so tired of this whole redeem a murderer for X health issue.

Same, especially when it's used because the writers decide they want to keep the character around longer because they're enamored of the actor or the character unexpectedly becomes popular (which didn't happen with Franco or Heather, really). Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If you're going to go 'the tumor made me do it' route, make it worth it because you should only get one shot at it.  It never really worked with Franco and it's an even worse idea with Heather (though given they're mother and son maybe that's a Netflix documentary).

• LOL 6

The writing is better than it was a year ago but the stories themselves are either uninteresting or frustrating. I agree that the scab writers were the best.

19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Even if Heather were acquitted because of the cobalt poisoning, she's not about to walk around freely. Hadn't she been locked up in a mental facility for decades before sneaking out to hook people to death?

Exactly.  it's not like she's going to be free, at best she'll be moved from a maximum security facility to medium security.

It's a fundamental part of our legal system that if a person is not mentally responsible for their actions, we don't punish them for those actions. To take that away would take away some of our humanity. Portia going all Karen and going to Molly while Curtis talks to Laura doesn't make me think much of her intelligence or his. (That social media is almost entirely against Laura for this tells me how badly this storyline is being written.)

And Speaking of The Entitled, TJ and Molly, upset because they are being kept from "our child" for fear of upsetting Kristina thus harming the baby (never mind any concern for Kristina herself). I pity that poor child once its born.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

TJ: “Kristina has gone radio silent,” after Molly said she saw Kristina at lunch?  

Portia and Curtis’ crusade, in both joint scenes and then in separate scenes with Molly and Laura, took up waaaay too much of Friday’s episode.

For some odd reason, I found the first scene of Jason sitting at the desk doing paperwork amusing.

• Like 7
On 6/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I feel like Laura is doing this because she has no family left outside of Ace.

She still has a husband.  And I would like to see more of him, especially in this storyline.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Exactly.  it's not like she's going to be free, at best she'll be moved from a maximum security facility to medium security.

It's a fundamental part of our legal system that if a person is not mentally responsible for their actions, we don't punish them for those actions. To take that away would take away some of our humanity. Portia going all Karen and going to Molly while Curtis talks to Laura doesn't make me think much of her intelligence or his. (That social media is almost entirely against Laura for this tells me how badly this storyline is being written.)

What I found odd was that Laura stressed to people that she wasn't asking for Heather to be freed, just investigating the situation, but everyone assumed that Heather would be wandering the streets, causing havoc. I think Laura is in a difficult position, because there is a lot of responsibility in being the Power of Attorney (either for Health or Financial, or both), and you have to be acting in the best interest of the person, not what you might want to do yourself. Even if Laura finds some reason that Heather should get a new trial, that doesn't mean Heather wouldn't still be imprisoned. Although, the various places for incarceration in Port Charles seem to have very porous boundaries, and prisoners sometimes end up in the hospital under the watch of a single bored looking guard while everyone in town traipses into their room.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
(edited)

At least Jason will have something to do for the 8 hours he's sitting around at the ten bags of beans coffee warehouse.spacer.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

I hope TJ doesn't find out what Kristina's favorite cake is, given that chocolate has caffeine in it. We know how harmful that is to the baby.

I don't think Blaze betrayed Kristina, but she should have called Kristina right after talking to Molly. 

Diane should not be representing both Jason and Sonny. I know Diane loves money, but she's supposed to have strong legal ethics, and this is a gigantic conflict of interest. Maybe this is why Alexis will get her law license back. 

OMG, they had an actual chalk outline of the body! Sonny's "who, me?" face when Diane asked him if was responsible for the shooting was hilarious. And LOL at Valentin's confidence that Sonny will be successful in killing Jason.

Anna, of everyone, Jason didn't look at Sonny through rose-colored glasses. What is this?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, KittyQ said:

What I found odd was that Laura stressed to people that she wasn't asking for Heather to be freed, just investigating the situation, but everyone assumed that Heather would be wandering the streets, causing havoc. I think Laura is in a difficult position, because there is a lot of responsibility in being the Power of Attorney (either for Health or Financial, or both), and you have to be acting in the best interest of the person, not what you might want to do yourself. Even if Laura finds some reason that Heather should get a new trial, that doesn't mean Heather wouldn't still be imprisoned. Although, the various places for incarceration in Port Charles seem to have very porous boundaries, and prisoners sometimes end up in the hospital under the watch of a single bored looking guard while everyone in town traipses into their room.

I would normally say that Portia was acting out of character, but she’s not.  She’s a huge shrill, concern freak when it comes to Trina.  To the point that I want to tune out when she comes in screen.  And why would she corner Molly?  Who is at the bottom of the DA’s office totem pole. In a case like this, it’s very likely that the state AG’s office would represent government interests.  Especially with a high profile convict like Heather.

but this is GH, with GH writers.  So they just make up how they think the law works without doing the slightest bit of research.  And I suspect this one is going to end up making my head hurt.

should I start drinking defensively now?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The most terrifying Cassadine is also a big fat moron with that burner situation. 

I feel sorry for Kristina. For people who want her to follow all the rules, the way they've been treating her is unfair. If this were me, I'd keep the damn baby.

That conversation between Ava and Natalia was so unbelievably cringy, which I know was the point of it. Just call yourself a homophone and be done.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Heaven forbid that Sonny might say something that would incriminate him if Diane isn't there to "protect" him. 

51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The most terrifying Cassadine is also a big fat moron with that burner situation.

I guess Port Charles doesn't have Citizen App.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Were they chem  testing Valentine and Brennan? Meeting in a stairwell,that hand on the shoulder, the hushed talking ......  I saw sparks

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

That conversation between Ava and Natalia was so unbelievably cringy, which I know was the point of it. Just call yourself a homophone and be done.

Since everyone already knows Natalia has "reservations" about Allison's relationship with Kristina, what does it matter if Ava got her on audio? Though I guess if Ava decides to out Blaze and blame it on Natalia to ruin her with Sonny and thereby add one more suspect to the potential "who wants to kill Ava Jerome" storyline, it makes a tiny bit of sense in a really lame way. 

I came off the barge for Smike and Sona. Now I'm extremely bored by all the current relationships. And May sweeps? Too much wedding stuff for the 2nd most boring couple on the canvas topped off by the death of the groom's father. Soon to be followed by the reboot of Mobster Hospital. Sigh.

• Like 2

I'm kind of shocked Jack Brennan didn't tell Valentin that the FBI and John Cates specifically are looking at Anna as the secret head of Pikeman.  Instead the conversation was how dangerous Jason is and the knowledge he might have.  Very strange.

Kristina is the second person that Natalia called flighty--first person was Brooklyn--and I'm not sure why that's such a negative personality trait.  Not that i think either Brooklyn or Kristina are flighty. it's just a weird thing to fixate on.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Did I mishear or did Valentin tell Jack that Sonny was the one going after Jason?

Either way it really sounds like he’s playing him just by leaving him in jail. Was it Valentin’s idea to have him stab himself for a conversation?

Where Jack tells him Pikeman is being investigated by the most likely agency to do so (FBI) but no one clued in about the FBI agent running everywhere in town?

Tell me I’m missing something…

• Like 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean homophobe? Definitely way less open-minded than she pretends to be. I was surprised Ava cared enough to push back. I assume she’ll use the accidental recording of the conversation to show to Sonny so he’ll stop seeing Natalia

Ohhhhh, Val answered the call from the number in the dead guy’s phone that Anna called. That seems sloppy to me

• Like 3
  • Love 2

What does blazes mom do all day? Why is she worried about the pres taking pictures of blaze? Who would care?

Why is blazes mom okay with Sonny being a gangster?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why is blazes mom okay with Sonny being a gangster?

I assumed since Natalia has a connection to Sonny's Island, the locals know all about him. His money and power probably outweigh the criminal aspect.

• Like 1