Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ned should never have given have given the proxy  back. He should have kept it as compensation for his pain and suffering for being   constantly unfairly attacked .

I doubt the holier than thou duo of Carly and Drew will be apologizing to Ned. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I still cannot believe Drew was shocked that Sonny’s happiness was more important to Michael than their friendship. What an ass.

I ff through all scenes with Finn. I hate those constantly pursed lips.

The writers already have a reason for Spencer to be off the canvas. Sending him to Paris with Trina was all they needed. Not looking forward to this baby kidnapping story.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I doubt the holier than thou duo of Carly and Drew will be apologizing to Ned. 

They never apologize to anyone except each other. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

The writers already have a reason for Spencer to be off the canvas. Sending him to Paris with Trina was all they needed. Not looking forward to this baby kidnapping story.

But how would that work if she isn’t being written off as well and he isn’t taping? What would have made much more sense is having Nikolas kidnap Ace without Spencer’s knowledge, which prompts Spencer to leave town to try to find them. 

• Like 13
(edited)

Does this baby still not have a name other than "Ace"? I still think this is another of Frank and the ex-OLTL writing crew's odes to themselves; the central (stolen) baby on that show in the early 2000s in the baby swap story with AMC was also Ace. At least there it was a nickname, for Asa Buchanan Jr.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Does this baby still not have a name other than "Ace"? I still think this is another of Frank and the ex-OLTL writing crew's odes to themselves; the central (stolen) baby on that show in the early 2000s in the baby swap story with AMC was also Ace. At least there it was a nickname, for Asa Buchanan Jr.

Sounds right and yes, Ace (in the Hole) remains baby’s name. The twins are cute, but I still hope the child turns out to not to be a Cassadine. It would be crushing to multiple characters and could lead to other discoveries… The Human Heredity college class I took years ago comes to mind every time I look at the infants cast, especially those blue eyes. ;-) 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Sounds right and yes, Ace (in the Hole) remains baby’s name. The twins are cute, but I still hope the child turns out to not to be a Cassadine. 

For a long stretch I assumed Ace (sigh) was either Spencer's or some rando's. It's not like this show doesn't have enough needless children I can't keep track of. The Clay twins are absolutely adorable as Big A, but I don't see a pressing need to keep another baby around. OTOH, with Spencer gone I suppose there's a spot to let them grow in the background.

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

For a long stretch I assumed Ace (sigh) was either Spencer's or some rando's. It's not like this show doesn't have enough needless children I can't keep track of. The Clay twins are absolutely adorable as Big A, but I don't see a pressing need to keep another baby around. OTOH, with Spencer gone I suppose there's a spot to let them grow in the background.

If Spencer isn’t immediately recast (and I could see them waiting), I think Esme is a goner and she’ll take the baby with her. They’ve done a poor job of developing ties for her. Other than being a foil for Spender and Trina, she mainly only interacts with Laura. I think making her Ryan and Heather’s kid was particularly shortsighted and they probably should have stuck with their original plan of making her Felicia’s kid. That would have given her a whole other side of the canvas to regularly interact with and bonus, would likely have saved us from Cody being Mac’s long lost kid. 

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Unless there's a real belief that NAC won't at least honor the remainder of his contract, which would be a real shame on multiple levels, I would take the opportunity to get Esme and the child off the canvas. On a show fixated with babies, its odd not to give a child to your biggest supercouple since the one that shall not be named and let that child grow in the background, but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Unless there's a real belief that NAC won't at least honor the remainder of his contract, which would be a real shame on multiple levels, I would take the opportunity to get Esme and the child off the canvas. On a show fixated with babies, its odd not to give a child to your biggest supercouple since the one that shall not be named and let that child grow in the background, but that's just me.

Doesn't Chavez's contract end this summer or this year? He's gone one way or another.

As cartoonishly silly as I thought it was to make Esme the child of not one but two psycho supervillains, I don't understand what the point would be of making her Felicia's (I heard that rumor, but I don't know if it was real). That just sounds gross to me, especially if it's meant to involve Ryan. Sometimes a good villain can just be a good villain without some deep genealogical roots.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Doesn't Chavez's contract end this summer or this year? He's gone one way or another.

It does. And I figured as much myself, but hopefully the announcement comes sooner rather than later out of fairness to fans. 

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ned should never have given have given the proxy  back. He should have kept it as compensation for his pain and suffering for being   constantly unfairly attacked .

As well as to stick it to Michael for being such a turd in general. Michael only works with Ned when it suits Michael. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Tracy praising Michael for "acting like a Quartermaine." 

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Sometimes a good villain can just be a good villain without some deep genealogical roots.

Too bad GH doesn't realize that. Everyone always has to be connected to someone on this fakakta show, and it really hampers stories.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Spencer said, "Me and Ace", it sounded like mayonnaise.

LOL - with his fancy European boarding school education, he should have known to say "Ace and I".....    these writers make me crazy with the poor grammar of supposedly educated people.

Edited by MarciNJ
  • Like 8

This show doesn't do villains well. Other than the old pros like Allie Mills and Jon Lindstrom playing Heather and Ryan, they are very ine note and exist only to cause trouble for Our Heroes . Julian was a bust and Jeff Kober can't make Cyrus much more than the person everyone hates.

I also really hate that characters who are the villains had bad childhoods (Ryan, Cyrus, Esme even Nina's coma) but the show doesn't give them a break for that).

2 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

The Human Heredity college class I took years ago comes to mind every time I look at the infants cast, especially those blue eyes. ;-) 

It works though. Blue eyes are a recessive trait and both GF and Allie Mills have blue eyes. It's blue-eyed parents who cannot have a brown-eyed child.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It works though. Blue eyes are a recessive trait and both GF and Allie Mills have blue eyes. It's blue-eyed parents who cannot have a brown-eyed child.

Ah! Right. I had it backwards. Thanks. ;-) 

• Wink 1
On 1/17/2024 at 11:33 AM, dubbel zout said:

It's still difficult to make the crossover from soaps to prime time. Talent is only a part of the equation; I think luck and timing play bigger roles. Even if NAC makes a splash in Monster, he has to follow that up with good choices, in terms of both roles and how he sees his career evolving. None of that is a given.

Yeah, the John Stamoses and Meg Ryans of the soap world are few and far between. Countless talented people have made the leap, had temporary success, then returned to soaps when other options dried up. I wish Nicholas Chavez well, but I hope he’s smart enough not to burn any bridges on his way out. 

19 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Carly and Felicia's one day adventure in human trafficking could have kicked off a whole new story. Instead it appears already forgotten.

That was one of the weirdest abandoned storylines in recent memory, and I struggle to see the point. We already knew Bobbie was a good person, we didn’t need her taking on human traffickers to drive the point home. My best guess is there was a story planned, but it got dropped when SB re-signed and they decided Carly’s focus needed to be on him.

Too bad, because I would have been interested in seeing some Carly & Felicia adventures. It’s a new pairing with odd-couple potential, and it would give us a break from Carly’s haranguing of Nina, hovering over Joss and Michael, and bland romance with Drewfuss. I mean, Carly’s going to be front and center regardless, so why not give her something more interesting to do? But no— we are destined for more anti-Nina invective, and instead of Drewfuss love we’ll get Jason obsession redux.

17 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Did I hear this correctly? Michael said Ned needs to give him his proxy (?) back because it was contingent on the information about Nina not being released, and now it was revealed (by Nina and Michael) so Ned loses out? 

Further proof that Michael is nothing but an immature, self centered baby, incapable of running a corner newsstand, much less an international conglomerate. Not that more proof was needed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

TJ and Jordan always come off like siblings or friends instead of mother and son. I’ve suspended disbelief for actors who were too close in age to play parent and child before so it’s not only that. They don’t play their scenes like they are parent and child at all. I think the last actress to play Jordan made way more of an effort to come off motherly in their scenes than this one does and she was even younger.  

• Like 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, the John Stamoses and Meg Ryans of the soap world are few and far between. Countless talented people have made the leap, had temporary success, then returned to soaps when other options dried up.

I assume Spencer will be presumed dead, probably in a final clash with Esme. Which is why I'd have him pre-tape stuff just like Jonathan Jackson did in '99 before leaving, showing Lucky alive but in captivity; they were covering themselves and planning ahead. You'd see Spencer alive and either washed up somewhere or imprisoned like Lucky, and then you wait for a year to 18 months and see how Chavez's career has panned out and if he needs money before recasting for real. I wouldn't be surprised if GH does just that. If I know Ryan Murphy and twinks/twunk actors he will plaster them everywhere and put his stamp on them before discarding them, but that could be a long way off and Chavez (hopefully) could go far with or without that hack.

I would do the ballsy thing: Spencer is presumed dead, but in the meantime give the audience a curveball - just before he 'dies' he and Trina impulsively get married on the go a la Phil Brent and Tara Martin on AMC, where they had a teenage 'wedding' right before he went off to Vietnam. Maybe we see it live, maybe in flashback afterwards to surprise the audience. Either way, once he's gone that marriage leaves Trina lady of the manor as a fish out of water, heir to the Cassadine name and erstwhile fortune. That at least is a new story angle for the remaining characters.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Esmè going to Cyrus for help was a swerve I didn't expect but I like it. Much better than going to Heather or trying to do it on her own.

I'm mildly interested how Laura will react when she finds out. If it were Carly, she would be fine with her on-the-lam son kidnapping her grandchild. After all, it took her two breaths to absolve Michael for keeping the secret of Nina.

Most of the episode spent beating up on Nina yet again. ZZzzzzzzzz😴

TJ/Jordan and Kristina/Blaze were almost as boring.

23 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Further proof that Michael is nothing but an immature, self centered baby, incapable of running a corner newsstand, much less an international conglomerate. Not that more proof was needed.

Today Michael to Carly: "Wiley was playing with the truck Nina gave him and it was all I could do not to throw it out the window."

Yeah, super mature parenting there.

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

That was one of the weirdest abandoned storylines in recent memory, and I struggle to see the point. We already knew Bobbie was a good person, we didn’t need her taking on human traffickers to drive the point home. My best guess is there was a story planned, but it got dropped when SB re-signed and they decided Carly’s focus needed to be on him.

IMO, At some point during the planning of Bobbie's tribute someone noticed that January 11 was Human Trafficking Awareness Day and whatever was planned was twisted so her memorial and her involvement could coincide with the day. I don't think there was ever any thought given to extending the story. 

I"m sure TPTB are congratulating themselves on their relevance. 

• Useful 4

So I guess Drewfus is going to try and take Crimson away from Nina. Bitch, the woman has more money than you do. She can buy Aurora and fire you and your dumb dumb nephew/friend. 

Of course Carly forgives Michael right away. There is no conflict between Carly or her children. Whatever conflict there was between her and Sonny is long gone. These protagonists are the most boring vile characters out there.

I'm not even sure why Esme went to Cyrus. How did she even know he was in the hospital?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I also really hate that characters who are the villains had bad childhoods (Ryan, Cyrus, Esme even Nina's coma) but the show doesn't give them a break for that).

There is a debate on this on reddit how no one takes into account Nina's mental health and everything that led into a coma and people keep flinging out "it's not an excuse." and I hate that line so much. It's no an excuse but it's a reality. Nina's entire being is wrapped up in everyone betraying her heinously, keeping life altering secrets from her and then missing 20+ years of her life. She's admitted constantly that's she's stunted in a lot of ways developmentally. People just feel that she needs a week of sessions with kevin and she's cured  - and that "owning her actions" would make it better, and I'm like no. She's always going to stumble. She'll probably not react as often as she does the way she does, but the buttons pushed at the right time triggers her "lash out childish" behaviour. Everyone throws her mental illness and all her losses in her face, she has like 3 friends total on the show who are almost always NEVER around when people gang up on her constantly. one family member is never around and the second one mostly always takes Carly's side anyway. it's pathetic

33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Today Michael to Carly: "Wiley was playing with the truck Nina gave him and it was all I could do not to throw it out the window."

well that should earn him father of the year, eh?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

It's almost impressive how Carly committed the crime (and I still don't understand how it was her and Drew's interaction that sealed it yet Michael her son and CEO of ELQ skated) and not only lost nothing but had people lining up to buy the hotel back for her, she got Kelly's even before Bobbie died, and she is the poor persecuted victim because she faced consequences for her own actions.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I assume Spencer will be presumed dead, probably in a final clash with Esme. Which is why I'd have him pre-tape stuff just like Jonathan Jackson did in '99 before leaving, showing Lucky alive but in captivity; they were covering themselves and planning ahead. You'd see Spencer alive and either washed up somewhere or imprisoned like Lucky

They did this when Ava thought she'd killed Nik: We saw Mason visit Adam Huss's Nik somewhere. Then we saw nothing until they figured out what they wanted to do with Nik.

50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, super mature parenting there.

Oh, FFS. My DVR didn't record today's ep—protecting me from the enormity of its stupidity, no doubt!—and reading lines like this makes me glad. I'm mildly surprised Michael hasn't started telling Wiley he can't mention Grandma Nina's name anymore. Michael is that petty and childish.

• Like 4

Anyone else think Drew and Anna were heading for a one night stand, or is it just me?

I liked Esmé going to Cyrus and her exasperation at his only making a phone call and request to pray. 🤣 

• Like 1

I saw an interview JPS did about how Valentin and Anna broke up so Anna’s not in a holding pattern this year while he tapes his other show but it doesn’t seem like the show has much use for Anna outside of that pairing or Anna reacting to something he’s done. She’s barely been on since he’s been MIA and most of the scenes she’s had have been pointless outside of the 2 episodes memorializing Bobbie. 

• Like 4

Drew is thinking like a real criminal - it isn't about what he did, it is about someone who reported it which led to all the bad outcomes. To be sure, if the SEC really thought that the insider trading was "not a big deal", then they wouldn't have bothered bringing charges after Nina reported it. They did, so Drew's belief that if Nina had kept her mouth shut, nothing would have happened is questionable.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I feel like I've said it before on here, but while I don't care at all about Nina I do think the show's handling of her is very strange.

I still think Nina is crazy as a shithouse rat and has been since Michelle Stafford was in the role, and they should lean into it and let Watros do what she does best; she never takes the material overly seriously and she has no ego onscreen, so going psycho again is just a matter of time. That being said: Why pair her with Sonny if you're going to spend all this time on these endless humiliation rituals for her? It feels punitive, like how some of the writing used to attack characters they resented but couldn't drop back in the Guza days. It was never this bad with Robin (and it got bad, but they still knew Robin was essential and wrote major material for her), but here it's like they know Maurice wants to be paired with CW and they have to deal with it, but in order to appease, I don't know, Facebook moms or what they believe is a stodgy senior audience that loves S&C? Every plotline is seemingly centered around how much of a stupid fuck-up Nina is. I can't remember a time in the last two years (or more?) when Nina hasn't had most of the town raging at her for something, a time when she hasn't been bawling and sobbing and begging for someone's forgiveness for existing, or doing the most awkward thing at the worst possible moment. She hasn't even shoved her hand up someone's uterus for a good 9 years now!

Nina is paired with the show's (very aging) leading man but the show seems to absolutely hate her. And it often feels like something they are compelled to do to tame a portion of the audience or satisfy someone higher-up. I've rarely seen anything like it. And again: IDGAF about Nina and never will. She should go HAM in a blaze of glory like Esme, she's always been nuts. But it's tiring to watch day in and day out every time I tune in.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Applause 9
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm mildly surprised Michael hasn't started telling Wiley he can't mention Grandma Nina's name anymore. Michael is that petty and childish.

Give him time.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
38 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Anyone else think Drew and Anna were heading for a one night stand, or is it just me?

That would have certainly become a new low for her. I mean rock bottom wouldn't even begin describe a ONS with this version of Drew. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
On 1/17/2024 at 12:32 PM, statsgirl said:

Run Nina, run. Willow is yelling at you for telling the truth now and her smug self-righteousness is off the charts. Sonny hates you for reporting a crime, and everyone blames you because Carly and Drew got consequences for their actions. I hate that Nina has to grovel to these low lifes.

I'm sure Carly will forgive Michael at the start of the next episode. Keeping Nina from Willow is what she herself did after all.

"Drew, the man who saved my life."  Barf Drew enabled you and Liesl to save Willow's life. which I am now thinking is a big mistake. The show doesn't need any  more water carriers for the Carlys.

Spemcer accuses Esme of blowing up his life,  No, Spencer, that would be you. Take responsibility for your actions. Then Spencer blackmails Esme after kidnapping her son.

Liz think that the other doctor should break medical ethics because Finn is nice man.

A+ misogynism, show.

Esme should call his bluff.  I would bet on her getting him thrown in prison for aiding and abetting Dikolas before she would be in any trouble for him just suspecting she regained her e memories.  

Oh, who am I kidding, nothing will play out logically here.

• Like 5

Thank you for your terrific insight jsbt. 
I like Nina with CW as her portrayer. Absolutely hated her before. 
The piling on is way OTT and needs to be toned down or just stopped. Her detractors sound so hypocritical in their attacks.

Drewfus is such a tool. Now he wants revenge on Nina because he lost time with his daughter ? Look in the mirror and you will see exactly who was the cause of your separation from Scout. This character has really lost his lustre. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 13
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Ewwww.  Not as bad as Luke, but still.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Drewfus is such a tool. Now he wants revenge on Nina because he lost time with his daughter ? Look in the mirror and you will see exactly who was the cause of your separation from Scout. This character has really lost his lustre. 

How convenient that Drew has forgotten it was HIS CHOICE to make a deal with the SEC and plead guilty.

It was so weird how the show abruptly jumped to Kristina having had the implantation and Esmé asking Cyrus to help her find Nik and Ace. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

OMG, that is a real book.

image.png.6b7f7a6f7b2ab851d8cd8d289bd23ac1.png 

Sorry. but I really don't see Anna browsing the self help aisle. I guess next she will be listening to Tony Robbins' podcasts while she weeps. 

Can we FF to Carly bravely rescuing Nina from Drew Loose. It's not enough that she always has to win over her enemies; she usually has to selflessly save them from certain death, too, because that is the kind of top tier heroine she is. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll have to kill Drew to stop him.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This isn't true. Blue-eyed parents can have a brown-eyed child. It's rare but it can happen because genes are weird and can express themselves in unexpected ways. The genetics we're taught in high school biology is extremely simplified. 

The show should have had Nik kidnap both Spencer and Ace if they weren't going to do the logical thing of just sending Spencer on a trip. Not every exit has to be life changing drama or a character assassination. 

Anna has been one of my favorite GH characters since I was in junior high but sex would Drewfus would kill the last remaining remnants of that love. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How convenient that Drew has forgotten it was HIS CHOICE to make a deal with the SEC and plead guilty.

The Carlys can never ever take any accountability for anything--it's always blame and deflect.  I sure did roll my eyes about 25 times today with all the talk about how "evil" Carly is.  Look in the mirror, you losers.

And I guess we know how Drew will be thrown by the side of the road once Jason is back: anger issues.  Which is...fucking ironcailly hilarious.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

My take on the one-day human trafficking SL is that it was always going to be one-day. It falls into the trend of stupid plots to "honor" recently-deceased characters.

There was the hospital treasure hunt when Gail died, as well as the short mini-mystery in Ireland involving the late Sean Donnelly. To be honest, I'd rather have everyone sitting around a living room sharing memories (and more clips).

• Like 9
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How could Ned have done that, though? A proxy, by its nature, is something that can only be exercised at the discretion of the person giving it and can always be revoked - which is why this was such a dumb thing for Ned to agree to in the first place. It was a "deal" that gave him nothing except the opportunity to be Charlie Brown to Michael's Lucy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Steph J said:

How could Ned have done that, though? A proxy, by its nature, is something that can only be exercised at the discretion of the person giving it and can always be revoked - which is why this was such a dumb thing for Ned to agree to in the first place. It was a "deal" that gave him nothing except the opportunity to be Charlie Brown to Michael's Lucy.

what it is, is, Ned at the end of the day see Michael as family, and as such he doesn't really want to rock the boat. that's why when Tracy laughed and said she gives zero poops about him. She'll be "whatever, nice Quatermaining" because she always appreciates a good Quatermaining (when it's not directed at her). but as a person? That was what she was stressing to Ned about what family was. to her it's Ned, Dillion, BLQ and Leo. [notice she didn't include Olivia in there either]  and that Ned needed to get his head into the game because Michael does not care about the Q's (or Ned). unless it suits his purpose. 

honestly this is why I truly wish AJ had another kid out there who is utter Quatermaine because so many of the remaining Q's treat Michael as the long lost prodigal and Michael imo realises that and uses that to get his way on things that if it were someone raised in the family they'd be slammed for. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Steph J said:

How could Ned have done that, though? A proxy, by its nature, is something that can only be exercised at the discretion of the person giving it and can always be revoked - which is why this was such a dumb thing for Ned to agree to in the first place.

Unless Sam where you sign away your children's voting proxie in ELQ to Valentin until they are adults because he was able to switch her parole officer who wouldn't let Sam associate with Jason.

• Like 4
(edited)

Drew says how Nina took him from his only child? The child he has seen how many times?  Chose to go Australia instead of Christmas with her.  

Making Willow Nina's daughter is the worst writing. Insufferable brat deserves Michael.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3

I couldn’t help picturing Billy Miller in the scenes with Finola. Dammit. 

I get he has a lot of power there, and if you want or need to stay you try and get on, but the situation with MB’s son is still galling. I get wanting to help your kids any way you can, but honestly, it’s embarrassing for MB’s son, who should know to be embarrassed if he isn’t. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I've been watching GH eps lately in the form of Dante and Sam clips. In the last few days I watched from their first kiss in 2021, up to the most recent episode where they shared scenes, a few days ago.

I haven't watched much of anything else. I saw a handful of scenes where Molly and her husband wanted to get pregnant, but couldn't for some reason. 

I know Bobbie died, Drew is back and the actors were switched. But that's about it. Oh, yeah, I saw that Nik and Esme have a kid? That creeps me out. 

I can handle a bit of an age factor, but 25 years is way too much and grosses me out. She was up Spencer's butt, and now has a kid with his father. That's just.. ugh.

Edited by Laina
  • Like 1

I am a Nina fan, a Cynthia's Nina fan.  So I fast forwarded a lot of the last two episodes, and yesterday's I had to ff most of it.  Thank God for the Spencer and Esme scenes, and then Cyrus and Esme, which cracked me up.  I also watched the Jordan scenes, because I love this Jordan.   I'm sad to say I finally threw in the towel and had to ff the Finn and Liz scenes yesterday.  God, they were so bad.  

And yes, they do seem to have a humiliation kink with Nina, or maybe it's Cynthia, I don't know.  You raise an interesting point about Mo wanting to work with her.  Anyway, it's only getting worse and started to feel like abuse of Cynthia a while ago for me.  And I just say no to all that.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

There are characters that are treated like the plague. Once they decided to kill off Julian, the spot of whipping person became wide open. Enter Nina. Suing for time with the golden spawn is such a cardinal sin.

I wouldn't even mind Nina getting hers for x or y (not insider trading because that is a crime), but the writing is so uneven that everything sucks.

• Like 10

I haven’t posted much here lately because my opinions are pretty unpopular but I have to throw this out there - I couldn’t care less that Spencer gave Ace to Nikolas. I may be alone in that on this board, but yeah, I was fine with him doing that. Heck, I cheered him on actually. Was it wrong? Yeah. Do I care? Nope. Not at all. I couldn’t care less about Esme. The character has never worked for me. Bad Esme was aimless and without purpose for far too long until they made her the daughter of psychos, and then she became completely nuts with no redeeming qualities! Amnesia Esme was equally without purpose. No real effort was put into developing her while she had amnesia. The Ace actors are cute but Ace is a pointless, unnecessary character. I’m happy to see the back of him. Esme could also leave for all I care. There’s no point to her character honestly. She’s not a good villain as written. She’s just annoying. I also think Nik is better OFF the show. I liked MC’s Nikolas (AH was good for the first for me this last go round) but they screwed over the character too much now. Nik doesn’t need to be on canvas so he and Ace can remain gone. 

As a huge Sprina fan, I would hope the show is searching for a permanent recast for Spencer now. If NAC wants to take that leap and try to make it in HW, I wish him luck but the show goes on. I’m one who loves TA’s Trina so I’m open to loving a new person as Spencer. I also would have overtaped with him now or temporarily recast. I see no reason he needs to “die.” The filming for Monster isn’t that long. I see this new story as possibly setting up AP leaving the show. Her going crazy and trying to hurt Trina to get back at Spencer is something I could see her doing. What else is the plan with her? She can’t solely exist as a thorn in Sprina’s side. She has friends and no family. She remains without purpose. 

Drew’s anger with Nina is ridiculous. The show acts like we forgot that Drew said it was better for him to go to jail than Carly because Donna and Avery needed Carly and Scout barely knew him! The man said Scout was better off without him. He also tried to sell Aurora - Scout’s legacy - to bail Carly out of trouble. When he’s released, he first goes to see Carly. Scout who? And he just tried to ship her off to a year-round boarding school!!!! The show can miss me with Drew feeling like Nina cost him time with Scout! He barely spends any time with Scout! I truly hope this plot ends with Drew (and CM) leaving the show. Drew has been a massive disappointment. They ruined the character when they tied him to Carly. Let him die for real like Franco/Austin and be done with the character.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly this is why I truly wish AJ had another kid out there who is utter Quatermaine because so many of the remaining Q's treat Michael as the long lost prodigal and Michael imo realises that and uses that to get his way on things that if it were someone raised in the family they'd be slammed for. 

I hate surprise kids, but in the case I would accept it. Michael is completely intolerable. He's a stupid little shit who has no business acumen; is a petty, selfish asshole; and has never lived up to the position his mother, especially, has assigned him. If a long-lost AJ kid can come back and destroy Michael professionally, that would be amazing. But Michael can never lose, especially via a child of the despised AJ. That kid would become another dumping ground for all of the Q and PC ills. We have enough of those the way it is.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5