Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

So Dex is in bad shape, wants to get in touch with Sonny, but because JOSS KNOWS BETTER, she won't let him and is basically letting him steep in his infection in her dorm room while she figures out a way to get antibiotics on the DL (because at this point a little penicillin pill will fix him right up!).  God, she's such an obnoxious idiot.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Dex is in bad shape, wants to get in touch with Sonny, but because JOSS KNOWS BETTER, she won't let him and is basically letting him steep in his infection in her dorm room while she figures out a way to get antibiotics on the DL (because at this point a little penicillin pill will fix him right up!).  God, she's such an obnoxious idiot.  

She's her mother's daughter through and through. Like one Carly wasn't enough on this dumb show.

I'm sure Dex will thank her profusely for saving his life even though she's really just endangering his life at this point. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What point were they trying to make about Curtis's genetic markers, and how unusual it was not to have any of the 10(?) genes?

People here have been saying for months that it's conceivable Marshall was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia.  The show made a point of saying these tests are new, in the last ten years or so.  So if Curtis doesn't have any markers, maybe dear old dad doesn't either. 

Any bets on whether it's Portia or Epiphany who gets to figure it out?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, tessaray said:

So if Curtis doesn't have any markers, maybe dear old dad doesn't either. 

I was wondering if Hatman wasn't Curtis's dad.  Or the GH lab screwed up somehow.

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Epiphany, but the most likely answer is Carly.

Because reasons.

But will she have time to squeeze it into her  schedule? I assume she's about to run into Jeff Webber and get busy there. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I was wondering if Hatman wasn't Curtis's dad.  Or the GH lab screwed up somehow.

I think we're safe with Curtis's paternity for now. The day they introduce another older Black man who makes Aunt Stella faint, then I'd worry. 

The GH lab only messes up tests people care about.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, tessaray said:

I wasn't watching when that happened but she's since won reelection on her own, so the truth on that would be a scandal but wouldn't necessarily doom her current administration. 

Does Laura even know about it?

I don't think Laura knows what Spencer did and I in no way blame Laura. I was happy that she won the re-election and I believe she would have won without Spencer's interference. I just hate the way the writers let things drop and wish they would have acknowledged what Spencer did back when it happened. But since we're dealing with writers who don't know history or geography what else can be expected?

Again, I love Laura and believe she would've won without Spencer's interference, and I've grown to love the new and improved Spencer. What the younger previous Spencer did should've at least been found out by someone and gotten some sort of talking to at the least. But, TFGH. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

JEEBUS CRIPES ON A CRACKER!

In what universe would Elizabeth even consider telling or confiding in that SHEBEAST for ANY reason?!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬

It’s just like Frank, having Robin tell her that she was wrong and the Beast was good for Jason.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

What an utter snoozefest.

And I’m pissed that we can’t even get Anna calling Robin to let her know she’s okay. Robin knows how to keep a secret!

I just can’t warm up to the new Trina. Her voice is too squeaky-like yesterday when she was trying to keep from shouting. The other Trina would have done a much better job and given a smack down to Spencer that would have him curling into the fetal position.

Cam is like this generation’s Robin-a good person. Except he doesn’t have his equivalent of a Stone or Patrick.

Why am I still watching?

Oh, step OFF, Finn! Remember you cuckolding your dad?! Elizabeth shouldn’t bear the brunt of your boo-hoo-hoo over your wife  cheating on you. Chickens coming home to roost, if’n you ask me.

And since this show knows DICK-ALL about the law, just let Alexis’s disbarment be reversed and let her be a lawyer again.

And I also want a 🐴 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And when he refuses, she decides that she’ll just have to find antibiotics on her own and bring them to him. Never mind that she has no medical training, no knowledge of what antibiotics he needs, or whether he’s allergic to anything. It would serve her right if he did have allergies and dropped dead in her dorm room. But since this is Carly Jr, she’ll save him and then fuck him. 

Enter Carly and her crackerjack nursing training from... what, 20 years ago? She'll have him cured in no time.

45 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just can’t warm up to the new Trina. Her voice is too squeaky-like yesterday when she was trying to keep from shouting. The other Trina would have done a much better job and given a smack down to Spencer that would have him curling into the fetal position. 

I like the new Trina well enough as an actress, but she just does not have the presence of the original. I miss her.

I've never been pregnant, but is it a good idea for a pregnant woman to throw herself down on her stomach, even if just on a bed?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I've never like Finn as much today when he punched Jeff. Finally bringing the passion.

BH's expression when Liz figured out that Nik is the father of Esme's baby was great.

Everything about Joss/Dex/Carly/Willow/Michael was just painfully bad. Time I will never get back.

Look at Carly and Joss looking down on Dex for getting hurt working for Sony. It's not like they felt St. Jasus wasn't perfect.

Joss: "My mom took her chances, now I'm going to take mine."  Oh look she's falling for Baby Jason.

Drew: "Harmony really was a convincing liar."  Substitute 'Carly' for 'Harmony' and he's so right. You're going to forgive Carly in the end, aren't you?

Brick is a weasel. Being all nice to Sonny and Nina, and then telling Carly how wonderful she is and he'll do anything for her.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure Dex will thank her profusely for saving his life even though she's really just endangering his life at this point. 

Today's show. Dex told her that she was an angel, a warrior angel with a sword. 🤢

52 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I've never been pregnant, but is it a good idea for a pregnant woman to throw herself down on her stomach, even if just on a bed?

At this stage, the fetus is small enough and well protected. A few months from now, not such a good idea.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

At this stage, the fetus is small enough and well protected. A few months from now, not such a good idea.

Women at that stage still do a lot of sports and physical jobs so flopping on a bed is OK.

The best part of today was Liz with Nik, she has no more fucks to give and was not going to let Nik manipulate her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

I'd think it would be at the very least, uncomfortable?

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Well, she supposedly just started her second trimester.... which may last anywhere from two weeks to twenty weeks.....  so, she is safe on her stomach for... the foreseeable future?

• LOL 4

For upstate New York in the middle of November, that room that Esme is being kept in doesn't look very warm. Also, couldn't she just break through those crappy boards?

Now that Carly told Brick she changed her name, will he change the contact on his phone?

Michael and Willow don't act like a couple in love.

Whose phone was that that Leo found?

• Love 2

So now Michael consider's Charlie's a Port Charles hot spot? I guess since Julian doesn't own it anymore, it doesn't matter that Phyllis has run it into the ground and it's empty half the time.

The PSA for bone marrow donations was nicely done, I thought. So often those kinds of things are SO clunky.

Forcing vegetable smoothies on Willow is controlling, Michael. Let her tell you what she wants. (But of  course Willow never sees his actions as even remotely abusive, more's the pity for her.)

Willow, why are you looking at Michael when Drew asked if you wanted his help looking for her family? It's your decision and yours alone.

Loved Elizabeth's expression while Nik was going on about her hospital stay. Heh. Her whole attitude toward him was *chef's kiss* And quelle surprise, Nik's plan might have just implode. Who'd've thunk? /s

All I could think of during the Finn/Jeff scenes was that the hypocrisy meter in Port Charles has spun off its axis and will never be found.

I wish Cam had walked into Joss's room, seen Dex, and broken up with Joss on the spot.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Portia said it was odd that Curtis would have no markers at all, so it should occur to her that maybe Hatman should be tested, because he could have been mistakenly diagnosed, as black people were overdiagnosed with schizophrenia.  

Since Portia has brought up more than once that she felt it strange he hasn’t had another episode since the first one and this latest suspicion, it seemed obvious to me for some time that they are headed that way. As usual though, the writers are taking way too long to get there, or they’ve just been seeding it over time to lead to the reveal

• Like 1

What is the point of Leo finding Dex's phone? Unless he gives it to Michael (and why would he rather than his mother or Ned?) it doesn't advance the plot.

Of the two, over the long term I think that a story about what to do if you have the genetic markers for schizophrenia in you family is more interesting that Marshall being misdiagnosed back in the day and taking antipsychotic drugs for 40 years and no one noticed, so this show will probably go with misdiagnosed.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Forcing vegetable smoothies on Willow is controlling, Michael. Let her tell you what she wants. (But of  course Willow never sees his actions as even remotely abusive, more's the pity for her.)

Willow, why are you looking at Michael when Drew asked if you wanted his help looking for her family? It's your decision and yours alone.

They really can't help, writing the Michael/Willow relationship as controlling and borderline abusive. It's because Michael is so wonderful that no matter what he does, it's the best and Willow takes her direction from him.

The only thing the slightest bit interesting in this story is whether Carly's lies will come out and whether she will face the consequences (no).

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Joss is hopeless. "You won't remember but I will." Dear Cameron, save yourself and your dignity. 

Who knew Finn had some embers still burning inside the boringness that is this character. 

Willow's hatred for Nina might actually be the thing that does her in when she finds out she's her mother. I'd really get a kick out of her refusing Nina's bone marrow. 

Leo is a sweet kid and the adults around him are dumb and inconsiderate for making him feel the way he did. I'm assuming Dex's phone is going to end up between Michael's hands where he'll give the phone a constipated look, which passes for him thinking really hard about whose phone it is.

Brick needs to hit the bricks. Nothing good is going to come out of Nina seeing Carly go in his room. And we've already had Nina have a run-in with Willow and Michael, so of course there's a confrontation coming between her and Carly.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Liz being totally wise to Nic was great... More angry, cynical Liz, less whiny, weepy Liz. 

*Shallow note* that blue was a fantastic color on Nina. 

I don't care about Joss/ Dex, but Carly of all people should have caught on that something may be brewing between her daughter and Sonny's newest flunky. 

But, once again, the show avoids the drama of Carly hating her daughter being drawn to a dangerous guy, because she has to be Joss's best pal. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

But, once again, the show avoids the drama of Carly hating her daughter being drawn to a dangerous guy, because she has to be Joss's best pal. 

But then she would have to have self awareness, because it's a repeat of Carly and Sonny and Carly and Jason.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Carly dragging Dex for getting hurt working for Sonny while the love of her life did the same thing for decades and was a “hero”. Some self awareness would be nice.

Nina thinking Carly and Brick are sleeping together was beyond dumb. It’s so obvious that they’re trying to make her a villain to Willow/Carly so we’re supposed to side with them when they act like miserable cows but I’ll never buy that she cares enough to spy on them or tell people what she thinks they’re doing. I’m just exhausted waiting for the moment that Carly demands her bone marrow because of how horrible she’s been. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Carly calling Brick for antibiotics was so stupid. How about calling your MOTHER who is an actual nurse and has patched up Jason and other mob flunkies plenty of times. God knows she is willing to lie, cheat and steal for Carly, not to mention forge hospital documents when necessary! 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

Willow lamenting that she's forgotten people can be good because the poor dear has to deal with Nina.  Do fuck off, you subservient bore.  Also, here's a thought: maybe hire an actual private investigator to find Willow's bio family instead of googling it.  I know Michael thinks he's a know-it-all and can do-all, but child, please.  And Mr. Rogers, er I mean Drew, stepping in and offering help when he has actual information?  I hate all of them.

Loved Liz confronting Nikolas.  Her 'oh, god, keep it in your pants' look when she realized he knocked up Esme was great.  Best scenes of the day.

Can Dex die of a raging infection and Carly and Joss go to prison for aiding and abetting a criminal?  Thanks. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

Since Portia has brought up more than once that she felt it strange he hasn’t had another episode since the first one and this latest suspicion, it seemed obvious to me for some time that they are headed that way. As usual though, the writers are taking way too long to get there, or they’ve just been seeding it over time to lead to the reveal

There's also option 3: They forgot about it and rediscovered it when they went searching for where they left off with one of their other dropped threads.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Let me guess, Nina is going to donate bone marrow, due to the bone marrow drive, and still be unaware that she is Willow's mom.

Because Carly will switch the results to make it look like the bone marrow actually came from her.

As an aside, I'd like to thank my PVR, which randomly muted one of the Michael/Willow scenes for its entirety.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7

Re: "The Houston story." Stephen A. Smith is a Yankees fan, and I don't know whether MB is, but his character is. The Houston Astros have thwarted the Yankees over and over in recent years. It sounds as though Brick and Sonny went to a road game or playoff game and got into a fight with Astros fans, judging by the little bit we got about idiots in a private box. 

7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, here's a thought: maybe hire an actual private investigator to find Willow's bio family instead of googling it. 

Yeah. A shame there aren't private investigators who are actual characters on this show. Oh, wait. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Let me guess, Nina is going to donate bone marrow, due to the bone marrow drive, and still be unaware that she is Willow's mom.

That's what I'm thinking. But I think that Willow and Michael will try to find out who the donor was and keep their mouths shut when they find out it came from Nina because she's Snow White stepmother levels of evil and might ask for access to the golden spawn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's what I'm thinking. But I think that Willow and Michael will try to find out who the donor was and keep their mouths shut when they find out it came from Nina because she's Snow White stepmother levels of evil and might ask for access to the golden spawn.

Which is just further (unnecessary) proof that Willow and Michael are idiots, because if Willow dies, the golden spawn won't have her anymore. Since everything must revolve around the brat, you'd think Nina helping to keep his mom alive would earn her some grace. Doesn't bone marrow donation hurt? I've never done it, but I have given blood, and that's not entirely painless. I'm aware the writers probably have no idea of how it works, that they'll have Nina do the procedure with a tube in her stomach or something equally stupid, but isn't the real deal at least uncomfortable?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ugh!!!! So this is gonna be dragged out even longer?!?! I’m done! And how much bone marrow is needed? Can one donation be sufficient in real life? I’ve also heard it’s very painful to donate bone marrow! 

Ugh…….I’m so over this story. It’s been dragging out for literal years at this point. Wrap it the heck up, GH!!! This is ridiculous!!! 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
Edited by lala2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Ugh!!!! So this is gonna be dragged out even longer?!?! I’m done! And how much bone marrow is needed? Can one donation be sufficient in real life? I’ve also heard it’s very painful to donate bone mart.

Ugh…….I’m so over this story. It’s been dragging out for literal years at this point. Wrap it the heck up, GH!!! This is ridiculous!!! 

I was just speculating. I don't know if this is the direction the story will take. All I know is that a bunch of jerks are involved in it. And since they're the chosen ones . . .

• Applause 3
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Doesn't bone marrow donation hurt? I've never done it, but I have given blood, and that's not entirely painless. I'm aware the writers probably have no idea of how it works, that they'll have Nina do the procedure with a tube in her stomach or something equally stupid, but isn't the real deal at least uncomfortable?

Yes. It’s very painful. Cold Case did an episode on it, I think? Where the baby sister was the bone marrow donor for her brother that has cancer. Or was it Without A Trace? Poor girl. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Yeah. A shame there aren't private investigators who are actual characters on this show. Oh, wait. 

But you want a character who is an actual private investigator. And there aren't any of those. (Looking specifically at you, Sam)

Although there are several others who are half-assed plot point investigators as well.😜

• Like 1

I am in the bone marrow registry and it only takes a cheek swab to go into the registry. If you are a match, almost all of the time it is not a surgical extraction, it is taken from stem cells in the blood. You can decline a surgical extraction if that is necessary, so I would encourage everyone to sign up at bethematch.org. This concludes my PSA for today! 😁

So anyway, there would be zero chance Nina would not know that she was the match. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I enjoyed the Jeff/Finn and Elizabeth/Fake, ugh, don't like him not!Nik scenes today, but I have one thing to add that bugged. Love you Easton, but no, no, no, no. Saipan is pronounced like SIGHpan, not SAYpan. I should know, I flew there all the time. Come on, show, Easton, do some research. I think the Jeff actor pronounced it correctly.

Also, show, sigh, do your effin' research. Saipan at that time (again, this was literally the time period I was an FA and flew there all the time) was a beautiful, tiny, little tropical resort vacation island with hotels and stuff. Not some backwoods, jungle island with mysterious diseases running rampant. At least other islands in the Mariana Islands could sorta pass maybe sorta, but not friggin' Saipan!

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 5

On this show Bolivia has a coast so no surprise they got Saipan wrong.

Because Nina is the one who is related to Willow, I honestly believe that Carly would keep the secret and let Willow die if she weren't incubating Carly's grandchild.

13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Carly calling Brick for antibiotics was so stupid. How about calling your MOTHER who is an actual nurse and has patched up Jason and other mob flunkies plenty of times. God knows she is willing to lie, cheat and steal for Carly, not to mention forge hospital documents when necessary! 

That's where I thought Carly was going and it would have made sense. But I guess they had to justify Stephen Smith being on the show and so the mob guy who has no connection to medicine is going to get the drugs.

Why doesn't Carly tell Joss to send Dex back to Sonny to get treated? It's not like he's going to stop working for Sonny after this (even more so because he's Michael's mole). Carly needs to stop trying to be Joss' BFF and be her mother.

15 hours ago, RedElf said:

But then she would have to have self awareness, because it's a repeat of Carly and Sonny and Carly and Jason.

Although in this case, Dex is both Sonny (mob) and Jason (true love). Cameron is AJ.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, Fellaway said:

I dunno, I can see the RA being alarmed if she got wind of the bed bug cover. Not really the smartest idea, but, then, it's Joss, isn't it? 

Yeah, if the dorm thinks there are bed bugs, they are going to inspect the room.  Because if she actually has bed bugs they're going to clear the place out so that they can fumigate or whatever.

Also, I thought she was supposed to be staying at home because of the hooker.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I just can't with Joss MiniSheBeast. It was just LAST YEAR, that she was swanning around town, threatening mob rival's (blanking on the name) nephew, that she was Mooby's stepdaughter, and proud of being in a mob family, while her SHEBEAST of a mother was also swanning around like a Mob Queen. This was before the HARD TURN that she and Jason HAAAAAD to get married.

She can take several seats and miss me with her hypocrisy. Then again, she IS her mother's spawn.

• Applause 10
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

All I could think of during the Finn/Jeff scenes was that the hypocrisy meter in Port Charles has spun off its axis and will never be found.

I found myself torn between wishing Liz could have heard Finn going after her dad (she deserves someone on her side) and being glad  she didn't because her relationship with Finn is boring. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Re: "The Houston story." Stephen A. Smith is a Yankees fan, and I don't know whether MB is, but his character is. The Houston Astros have thwarted the Yankees over and over in recent years. It sounds as though Brick and Sonny went to a road game or playoff game and got into a fight with Astros fans, judging by the little bit we got about idiots in a private box. 

Maybe it stems from my strong dislike of Steven A. Smith as a sports pundit, but every time Brick comes on screen I wish someone would punch him in the mouth. So smarmy and disingenuous.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2