Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

Nitpick, but I hate that she's Laura Collins. Can't she just be Laura Webber again? I know she's married but she's had a husband's last name almost her entire life and Mayor Laura Webber would be so satisfying to hear after all these years. 

To my mind, last names are essentially moot with Laura. I think Webber was her *THIRD last name, and she hadn't even been married yet at the time of becoming a Webber.

*Edited to add -- Ha! Looked it up to refresh my memory, and between her switched-at-birth situation and Leslie's previous marriage, Webber was actually Laura's fourth last name. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I know we all want them to grovel because of how gross they’re being but I already know they won’t. Hell I could see Carly trying to get Nina to be tested and donate anonymously and try to have them never find out so they can continue being horrible to her even after she saved Willow’s life. 

Drew knows that Carly stole Willow and Nina DNA and got it tested, and that she told him that they weren't a match. If Drew is to ever have any backbone and any chance of being saved as a character, he needs to come down hard on her for lying about that and keeping Nina from Willow.

1 hour ago, Gemini2989 said:

Because Nik doesn’t want Laura to know Esme is who he had the affair with. Laura would want to know how and why Victor would be blackmailing Nikolas to divorce Ava and that would make Nikolas have to tell her about the confession letter. He could of easily told Laura who the other woman was when he told her he cheated but he left that detail out deliberately. 

Nik could have continued leaving it out, telling Laura that he and Ava are deliberately not reconciling because Victor threatened them if they didn't get a divorce, and Nik is worried that what happened to Lucy will happen to Ava too. That's all Laura needed to know.

58 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Just when we thought the miracle was about to unfold and we were going to get some straightforward DNA results, Cody is gonna fix that for us. 

I couldn't figure out why the results went only to Cody and not to Mac. As someone who submitted his DNA, Mac is entitled to see the results for himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nik could have continued leaving it out, telling Laura that he and Ava are deliberately not reconciling because Victor threatened them if they didn't get a divorce, and Nik is worried that what happened to Lucy will happen to Ava too. That's all Laura needed to know.

Laura is smart and would still want to know what Victors reasons are for forcing Nikolas & Ava to get a divorce are, and why would he feel the need to do to Ava what he did to Lucy. He wouldn’t do something that drastic for no reason. When she left town Victor was team Nava and wanted everyone to be a United family. Laura knows Victor is calculating and does everything for a reason. On top of that, Laura like Ava would just run straight to Victor to threaten him and the whole point is to not tip Victor off and make him believe nava are getting a divorce. 

• Like 1

Michael is such an insufferable ass. 

I can't believe that anyone finds the character rootable. 

As frustrating as it is that this Cassadine plot has been dragging on for months, at least it's an umbrella story. Valentin, Finn, and Sonny working together to save Anna... Now we know Britt and Cody are connected through the ice princess necklace.  And you've got Robert and now Laura working to keep Victor from wreaking more havoc. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I’ve rewound it multiple times, but what was it that Finn said to Elizabeth in the previews?

Good show today. I even watched the SLS, Mooby, and Nina scenes just for the dig about Willow cheating on Chase. But of course it has no effect,  because he is his Mother’s son. And how  ️ didn’t strike him deas when he talked about how Nina hurts people, or whatever he said.  Because that’s his mother to a T. 

So, now the public park is his own private domain? FUCK OFF. 

Am I supposed to feel for Willow? I dun’t.

I’m loving Laura so much, and I could see a glint of admiration in Mistah Sheffield’sShane’s Victor’s eyes, when Laura told him that Charlotte’s with her and  Valentin was also home!🤣🤣🙌🙌

So now nurses can just jump the line for some nobody because he’s antsy for his test results? I’m sure the others are also waiting impatiently! GAH, this show!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I couldn't figure out why the results went only to Cody and not to Mac.

Plot point.  In real life, Mac would have gotten the results as well . I'm hoping the results show that he's Taub's.  but I'm guessing he will be Mac's son but he'll lie so he can get his hands on the necklace.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
On 11/8/2022 at 7:28 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m loving Laura so much, and I could see a glint of admiration in Mistah Sheffield’s Shane’s eyes, when Laura told him that Charlotte’s with her and  Valentin was also home!🤣🤣🙌🙌

Yeah, he definitely views Laura as a worthy adversary now and I hope she doubles down. My theory about Victor's Master Plan is that he intends to re-build the Ice Princess and re-create Mikos's Weather Machine, looking to make a fortune by solving the world's Climate Change problem. That's what that 95 degree December day in PC was all about around a zillion years ago.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Wink 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So now nurses can just jump the line for some nobody because he’s antsy for his test results?

To me it sounded like the results were waiting to be distributed but no one had had a chance to do that yet. So all Deena did was go to the lab and get the results herself. It's not like she stood over the tech while the test was being conducted.

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The conversation between Anna and Heather in the police van was pretty fun. Anna was not afraid to take digs at Heather’s mental state

Heather has a delicate constitution. I giggle when she said that as the van was swerving. 

• LOL 2

Why does CD look like he's wearing eye makeup?   And whoever said he uses the Joey Tribiani 'smell a fart' way of acting is spot-on.  He's really terrible.  And LO-fucking-L at accusing Sonny and Nina of...walking thru a park.  Can't wait til tomorrow when he makes an ass of himself demanding to know what's going on with TJ and Willow only to find out the Michael Corinthos III Romance Curse has now struck Willow.

I love Sonny/Finn/Val working together to break Anna out, even if it is going sideways.  I love that Valentin subscribes to the Clark Kent School of Disguises and Heather's "I've got a delicate constitution!" cracked me  up.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

That’s how I feel about it too.  Willow and TJ have done nothing to indicate they are having an affair, Nina saw them hugging, friends hug like calm down. However Willow and Michael are so awful I don’t even care. 

And the thing Michael should be angry about would be Willow "lying" to him by not telling him about the cancer.  Given that standard, that should be the bigger problem.  

5 hours ago, Gemini2989 said:

Because Nik doesn’t want Laura to know Esme is who he had the affair with. Laura would want to know how and why Victor would be blackmailing Nikolas to divorce Ava and that would make Nikolas have to tell her about the confession letter. He could of easily told Laura who the other woman was when he told her he cheated but he left that detail out deliberately. 

Now that Nikolas did not murder Esme, nor did Ava, that letter I guess is meaningless.  

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming Cody has now 35 million reasons to wanna stay Leopold's son. 

Legally he would still be Leopold's son, but on this show I guess a DNA test alone changes the relationship.  Or maybe Cody is just too dumb to realize that. 

Is he even Leopold's son legally?  Wouldn't that depend what was on the birth certificate?

And even if he is, that doesn't mean that Cody is entitled to any inheritance from him that isn't specified in Taub's will.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

And the thing Michael should be angry about would be Willow "lying" to him by not telling him about the cancer.  Given that standard, that should be the bigger problem.  

Michael is probably going to be so happy that she has cancer because at least she wasn't cheating on him.

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is he even Leopold's son legally? 

I think the story they told us when he showed up was that Leopold took the baby from Dominique and gave it to the Bells to raise.  The woman he thought was his mother, told him the truth on her deathbed, so I'm going to guess that the Bells are the parents on the birth certificate if that's what Leopold wanted.  

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And even if he is, that doesn't mean that Cody is entitled to any inheritance from him that isn't specified in Taub's will.

Britt thought Faison had stolen the necklace from Taub, which is why it was in Peter's possession, so it's doubtful that the necklace would be in the will.  Cody would have a claim since Sam said Taub was the last official owner, if he lies about his paternity.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

And also, Nina said “something” was going on between Willow and TJ.  And she’s right, there is.  They’re not banging, but it’s something that could be considered even more intimate as she’s trusting him with this huge personal secret.

On another note, Felicia cracked me up yesterday when the test results came in and Mac was like give him some space and Felicia waited like two seconds before saying “ok that’s enough space is Mac you’re dad or what?!”  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is he even Leopold's son legally?  Wouldn't that depend what was on the birth certificate?

Yeah, but he already missed out on one inheritance he wasn't entitled to, so give the guy a break! : D

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Britt thought Faison had stolen the necklace from Taub, which is why it was in Peter's possession, so it's doubtful that the necklace would be in the will.  Cody would have a claim since Sam said Taub was the last official owner, if he lies about his paternity.  

The necklace probably wouldn't be specifically listed, but if the will stated I leave "all my worldly goods" or "my entire estate" or "all jewels" to my poodle and her offspring down to the 50th generation, then I would think the necklace would go to the poodle family.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So now nurses can just jump the line for some nobody because he’s antsy for his test results?

Characters on this show jump the line, often for no good reason.  "And I put a rush on it."

• Like 2

The whole Liz story is beyond stupid. If finn knew lizs parents 25 years ago why didn't anything ring a bell with him? She's been on the show for 25 years. Finn hasn't been on that long. Why connect him with liz being set away?

Edited by ljr
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Aww, Felicia was really sweet being all sad on Mac’s behalf, she was actually crying!  Now Cody is all “let’s be friends” with Mac.  Ugh, I wish the show would stop trying to make Cody happen.  Never gonna work just quit it!

Did Cody show them the results or just tell them? And this guy? He's so skeevy looking.

Oh, and Dex is a MORON.

• Love 1
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did Cody show them the results or just tell them? And this guy? He's so skeevy looking.

No, he didn’t although Felicia did ask to look at the results.  It looked like he was going to hand them over but Mac intervened.  I thought maybe he was bluffing but what would he have done if Mac didn’t step in?

Yeah, the DNA test totally says that Cody is Mac's son and he's lying to get the necklace. But I still don't get how he has a legal claim on it unless Leopold put his name down on the birth certificate, and if Leopold didn't want to claim the baby at all, he wouldn't.

Didn't Finn say yesterday that he was in the Mariana Islands with Reiko? So both Jeff's family and Reiko's husband were there and they still had an affair claiming loneliness?

Shut up TJ. You know nothing about Nina. The hypocrisy of everyone in that story except for Nina and Sonny makes it awful to watch.

Of course Michael forgives Willow trusted TJ and not him, That's not a sign of a good marriage. But it's all Nina's fault.

Good for you Nik, using a handkerchief to pick up the hook. On the other hand, who still uses cloth handkerchiefs?

If Nik has stopped all people leaving the island, how is Esme on the dock with Liz?

2 hours ago, jacourt said:

If Cody gets the necklace that puts him in Victors sites.

Go Victor.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Of course Michael forgives Willow trusted TJ and not him, That's not a sign of a good marriage. But it's all Nina's fault.

And when they need her bone marrow it'll STILL probably be her fault for passing down faulty genes to Willow causing her leukemia.

Shut up, Michael. /evergreen

• Love 12

I haven't watched the episode and I don't think I want to after reading the 4-5 comments on it. Michael blamed Nina for Willow's leukemia? And TJ has been tainted by his friendship with those two nasties?

Color me shocked that Cody could be lying about not being Mac's son.

• Love 1

"I looked throughout the entire main house. She's nowhere to be found!" Nik, it's not that hard to hide from people in Windemere. It's huge.

Mac doesn't need a bio kid, especially a grown one with whom he has had no contact with until recently. That time is lost forever. And Cody is already tied to Leopold Taub, Dominique, and the Bells. He certainly doesn't need more connections to the canvas. 

Ugh, Mac is Cody's father. Of course.

• Like 3

I was hoping against hope that Cody wouldn’t be permanently linked to Mac. Oh well, maybe in X months they’ll undo it.

Also not happy to see Britt getting symptoms of her disease. Even with her leaving, I wanted it to be a Victor machination to control Liesl.

So Dex is shot, doesn’t tell anyone and just stays there? So very Jason.

I thought it was weird to have Esme climb down only to get back in the house. Where did she pick up her hook? She had conveniently left of the Wyndemere grounds?

On the plus side, happy to see Anna out of jail and with Valentin. And I’m not sure what’s in store for Heather, but I’m happy to wait and find out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Shut up TJ. You know nothing about Nina. The hypocrisy of everyone in that story except for Nina and Sonny makes it awful to watch.

Yes, and just imagine how much the self-righteousness will be ratcheted up now? "I'm not having an affair, Nina, I'm dying. Know your place, woman." She'll wear it like a medal of valor.

I will never like Sonny, but geeze, how is it possible he's so much more watchable with Nina than he ever was with Carly? Alas, the same is not true of Carly with Drew.

54 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Dex was serving classic Jason level Blue Steel to the camera at the end of this episode. 

I suppose he'll be showing up at Joss's doorstep any time now so she can tenderly nurse him back to health while ::gasp:: lying to Cameron about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Yes, and just imagine how much the self-righteousness will be ratcheted up now? "I'm not having an affair, Nina, I'm dying. Know your place, woman." She'll wear it like a medal of valor.

At this rate, they'll have Nina begging Michael and Willow to "let her" donate her bone marrow to save her life.  I can imagine the words "she's going to think we're indebted to her and use this to see Wiley" coming out of their self-righteous mouths.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

At this rate, they'll have Nina begging Michael and Willow to "let her" donate her bone marrow to save her life.  I can imagine the words "she's going to think we're indebted to her and use this to see Wiley" coming out of their self-righteous mouths.

Oh, lord, I bet that will happen. UGH. Because Michael can never be a decent human being, and of course Willow is his blind follower.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, ljr said:

f finn knew lizs parents 25 years ago why didn't anything ring a bell with him?

They didn't know each other, or rather Finn didn't know them.  Reiko obviously was well known to Jeff and his little Jeff .  As were many other women, including Hayden's mother!!

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Nik has stopped all people leaving the island, how is Esme on the dock with Liz?

Esme escaped before he closed off the launch.  Or she has a way of getting off the island that isnt' with the launch.  

My question was why that dock?  That's not the Windemere dock, that looked like the pier that Lucy was shot on.  The Windemere/launch dock is much brighter, with a bench and the boat master's office.  It didn't make sense that either Esme or Liz were on that pier, coming or going from Windemere.  And I've put more thought into it then the writers have.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael blamed Nina for Willow's leukemia?

No.  But I'm sure that's coming.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Color me shocked that Cody could be lying about not being Mac's son.

Yep, none of us was surpised to see that the DNA results show that Mac is 99% his father.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I looked throughout the entire main house. She's nowhere to be found!" Nik, it's not that hard to hide from people in Windemere. It's huge.

Not to mention the 3478 tunnels that wiind around under the castle.  

2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Where did she pick up her hook?

Nikolas recognized it from their own boat house.  Which makes me think she's not the original hooker, but thought she'd use the hook to put the blame on the OG hooker.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought the scenes between Willow and Michael discussing her cancer were well done. He was understanding and listened to her and made sure she knew he supported her decisions. I wish he was this understanding all the time

Aw, Cody lied about being not being Mac’s son. He clearly has some plot up his sleeve, probably with the necklace

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cody figures he has 35 million reasons for not being Mac’s son. And those reasons are all in Britt’s safe deposit box. What’s he going to do when Victor absconds with the necklace? 

Mac really did dodge a bullet there, even though he really is Cody’s father. Clearly Cody would rather lie and get a fat payday than actually have a loving father in his life. He deserves whatever happens to him.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Good GOD. Duell really only has one expression: UrDhurr? No affect.

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Just STAHP with Anna being a damsel in distress who needs saving! She’s Anna Fucki—oh wait. I forgot THAT Anna doesn’t exist anymore.

YAY! A Robin shout out!

BOO! That this skuzzball is Mac’s. And related to Robert AND Robin!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

STFU, TJ.

How is it that Finn still keeps pictures of him and Reiko when cell phones with cameras weren’t around 25 years ago?😒

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Nikolas recognized it from their own boat house.  Which makes me think she's not the original hooker, but thought she'd use the hook to put the blame on the OG hooker.  

Same.  I'm 99% sure she's not The Hook.

Hey, TJ?  Shut the fuck up.  I swear, does self-righteousness waft off Willow and Michael like cartoon stink waves and infect anyone who gets too close to them? 

"Both Willow and I told her we weren't having an affair."  Because people who are having an affair are known for their honesty.

"Nina is out to get Michael and Willow."  Yeah, you might want to flip those nouns, Champ.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

How is it that Finn still keeps pictures of him and Reiko when cell phones with cameras weren’t around 25 years ago?😒

Great point. Finn would have had to upload pictures of Reiko onto his new phone at least 15 years after her death so he could gave lovingly at her.

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"Both Willow and I told her we weren't having an affair."  Because people who are having an affair are known for their honesty.

If only Jeff and Reiko had thought to tell Liz that.

They didn't know each other, or rather Finn didn't know them.  Reiko obviously was well known to Jeff and his little Jeff .  As were many other women, including Hayden's mother!!

How big are those Mariana Islands anyway? Reiko was there with Finn, and having an affair with Jeff, but Finn didn't know Jeff or his family?

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How big are those Mariana Islands anyway? Reiko was there with Finn, and having an affair with Jeff, but Finn didn't know Jeff or his family

Especially since Jeff and Finn were both working there with Dr's Without Borders (weren't they?). It makes no sense that Finn wouldn't have least of heard of Jeff Webber.

• Love 2

What's annoying me is that with HLA markers and bone marrow transplants, a parent is only going to match half the markers and won't be a good option as a donor.

I'd rather see a bone marrow drive which reveals the maternity and ends this dullsville storyline and she can find an unrelated match from the same drive and then we don't have to watch this anymore.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

How big are those Mariana Islands anyway? Reiko was there with Finn, and having an affair with Jeff, but Finn didn't know Jeff or his family?

It's not that they are a big, it's that there are a whole string of them (14 to be exact). I lived on Guam and was a flight attendant and flew them. It is quite possible that Finn was stationed on one of them, if his speciality was one disease, and Reiko was needed elsewhere. They vary in degree of modernity. (Or at least did at that time. I lived there during the time period that this story took place.)

• Useful 9

Why didn't Valentin and Anna give Dex a ride? He clearly couldn't take the prisoner van and they knew the cops were coming. 

( Even if they didn't know he was injured)

Way to leave a man behind, guys.

We all know this is some set up so Joss will be 'out running' alone... Find Dex and nurse him back to health ( eye roll)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I paused the scene where the Hooker was approaching Nik and that was definitely a man under the robe. There was a clear view of a square-jawed, masculine looking chin. It actually looked like Dex to me, but he was otherwise engaged, so I’m still guessing Rory.

I know Willow is going to survive this, but I’m still holding out hope that the Michael’s Girlfriends Curse will prevail. Maybe the writers will go for an ironic twist— she survives leukemia, but dies in childbirth. (Taking the baby with her, because we don’t need any more of those.)

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Hey, TJ?  Shut the fuck up.  I swear, does self-righteousness waft off Willow and Michael like cartoon stink waves and infect anyone who gets too close to them? 

It’s awful, especially because I like TJ. It seems everyone who walks into their path just gets swallowed into the vortex of suck. 

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

We all know this is some set up so Joss will be 'out running' alone... Find Dex and nurse him back to health ( eye roll)

Yep. It’s happening. Ugh. Dex is not Jason (back in the day Jason) and Joss is most certainly not Elizabeth. Yuck. 

• Like 3