Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Gemini2989 said:

Maura is lucky the character of Ava is even still on the show because the character of Ava is no longer relevant.

I feel that this show is lucky to have an actress that is so enjoyable to watch on board.  To be sure, I wish that Julian and Ava were brought on as doctor characters.  Then again - the hospital seems to no longer be relevant to the current manifestation of this show.  ymmv.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

"Be what he wants you to be, something that he lost...his son." Wow, Michael is such a narcissist.

While other children don't replace the children that are lost, Sonny has another son. Dante. 

Michael needs to be taken down several pegs and straight into hell.

The Ava/Nik scenes were pretty good. The writers could not emphasis enough how sleazy the whole thing was by bringing up Esme's age, how she's barely a high school graduate.

Anyone else thinks that Spencer is about to tell the truth about Trina being with him at the cemetery when gets on the stand?

Esme/Ava scenes before Nik showed up were pretty good, so I'm looking forward to their scenes at Wyndemere. I'm assuming that Luggage will open, the envelope will fall out with whatever paper Esme tucked into it. Seems like it might have been important. Or important by GH standards, which means it will be a total letdown.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I don't understand what I'm supposed to feel about what what Michael is doing with Dex other than complete disgust at Michael. Everything that Michael accuses Sonny of, he does the same thing twenty times worse.

"Be what he wants you to be, something that he lost...his son." Wow, Michael is such a narcissist.

Not to defend Sonny and all his criminal behavior, but he didn’t exactly have a ton of choices in life.  Growing up he had an abusive stepfather, and absent bio dad and a likely traumatized mom.  So he fell in with the wrong crowd and used that as a way to gain leverage/respect.  Doesn’t excuse anything, but I get how that happens.  Michael has had every possible opportunity handed to him on a silver platter yet he still wants to act like a mini thug.  He’s just beyond words horrible.

1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

They should try Willow and TJ. Millow sucks and Molly is almost never on. 

Molly and TJ have been together forever I wouldn’t want them to break up.  I think Willow is beyond help.  I liked her before but she’s just insufferable now.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I do think it's the writing more than the actor.

It's almost always the writing. We've seen how the actors shine when the writing is good.

Agreed.  It’s the writing.  I like almost all the actors on this show (though I despise a lot of the characters).  There’s a lot of talent here and they have shown they can bring it when given the chance.  Instead of adding more pointless characters I wish tptb would spend that money overhauling the writing department.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Anyone else thinks that Spencer is about to tell the truth about Trina being with him at the cemetery when gets on the stand?

Yes.  Joss told Trina to tell the whole truth on the stand, then we have a flashback of Trina telling Joss about Spencer in the cemetary.  Then Spencer tells Diane that he has info that can help Trina.  Then commercial.  Then Diane asking Spencer if he's sure he wants to say "this" on the stand, pointing out that it won't necesarily help trina and could hurt him, and he agrees to it.  Then Diane calls Spencer to the stand.  Unless something happens to disrupt it, which I can;t see happening, that's where they're going.  Which will probably be what exonerates her, and how she'll be all interested in him, even though she should still dump him to the curb.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

Did I miss where Diane "cracked Esme's mask?"

This was so confusing and dumb:

Diane:  So would you say that Spencer's friends were not your friends?

Esme:  i tried but they never liked me

Diane to everyone:  I cracked her mask

Me:  whuh?  

Also:

Diane:  Did you leave the room at one point?

Esme:  Yes,

Daiane:  So you could have planted the phone

Esme:  So could anyone else

And she leaves it hanging there.  Doesn't refute or try a different tactic.  Not good defence lawyering there, Diane.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes.  Joss told Trina to tell the whole truth on the stand, then we have a flashback of Trina telling Joss about Spencer in the cemetary.  Then Spencer tells Diane that he has info that can help Trina.  Then commercial.  Then Diane asking Spencer if he's sure he wants to say "this" on the stand, pointing out that it won't necesarily help trina and could hurt him, and he agrees to it.  Then Diane calls Spencer to the stand.  Unless something happens to disrupt it, which I can;t see happening, that's where they're going.  Which will probably be what exonerates her, and how she'll be all interested in him, even though she should still dump him to the curb.  

I see that as well but is that enough for audience? Personally it’s not for me. Spencer playing 11th hour hero when he could have provided the alibi months ago and likely prevented Trina from going through the trial, Title IX hearing, and at least some of the negative press coverage and the public thinking she did this is hallow. Though I found Trina’s insistence on wanting to cover for Spencer to be lame as well. She knows she’s innocent and while I like his portrayer, Spencer is the definition of entitled and privileged. More than likely, he’s going to skate but even if he doesn’t, the consequences for him will be minimal because we know his family can get him out of the worst of it. Even if it wasn’t, he was guilty so he should pay the consequences since he reason for breaking out of prison was absurd.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This "trial" has been an utter travesty, even by the lowest of low standards of GH legal stories.

Spencer isn't really Trina's alibi, given that they've said more than once the video could have been released via a timer.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

"Be what he wants you to be, something that he lost...his son." 

Is it bad that when Michael said this my only thought before he said my son was that he was talking about Jason?

100%.  I totally thought he would say, 'be his enforcer'.  So when he said son, I was like, what?  Then I remembered that Michael was the one talking and he's stupid.  

12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I see that as well but is that enough for audience?

Well, this is the same show that thinks we want to see an idiot stalk and brow beat the intelligent doctor into being with him, so.......

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
12 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

Is it bad that when Michael said this my only thought before he said my son was that he was talking about Jason?

100%.  I totally thought he would say, 'be his enforcer'.  So when he said son, I was like, what?  Then I remembered that Michael was the one talking and he's stupid.  

Me three.  I thought for sure he was going to say Jason.  Sonny is doing just fine without this particular son.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

Sure. Because that's the answer that anyone should be expecting. But it's puff fish. He's as dumb as a box of rocks and thinks he's the center of the universe. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Esme's mother was this extraordinary woman who understood Ryan (and would have allegedly loved him if that's the case), yet he never knew her name. The woman was pregnant for 9 months, Ryan has a child with her, but has no idea what his baby mama's name is? 

He said her REAL name, so if she actually exists she could have been an agent or some other undercover situation. And their "courtship" from her point of view may well have been one where she was terrified of him.

As I said above, I do think it's entirely possible Esme contacted him about the DNA results and he concocted this whole fake out on the spot, knowing Kevin must be the real dad.

• Like 2

Given how dim Nik is and how useless Michael is as a CEO, it's no surprise that the Cassadine fortune and ELQ both  did well under Valentin's management.

40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

He has a bunch of other kids that aren’t mad at him but of course Michael thinks he’s all that matters when Sonny is probably barely giving him a second thought.

Sonny's birth son, Dante, still has a good relationship with him and Brando's become even more of a son since Liam's death. It's Michael's narcissism that makes him think that Sonny needs to replace him.

Michael is the one desperately trying to hold on to the connection, not Sonny. Michael never misses the opportunity to go to Sonny and  yell at him and with the Dex plans, he's approaching stalker status.  The need to replace the relationship is on Michael's side, not Sonny's.

25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Totally. Cue the Spenser redemption train. 

Nicholas is a good actor and I find that he has charm when Spencer is not being a sleaze. I'd be all in for Spencer taking over the role of juvenile lead from Michael. They are not going to do it with either Chase or TJ and Michael is too far beyond redemption to ever be sexy and rootable, as well as being played by an actor without charisma.

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This "trial" has been an utter travesty, even by the lowest of low standards of GH legal stories.

Nina's 'identity theft' trial is hard to beat.

• Love 10

Michael's self-absorption is becoming hilarious to me, in the way that Carly's and Sonny's can be.

And I mean, they created this monster of narcissism. Carly, Jason, and Sonny have spoiled him rotten his whole life, just like Michael and Willow are doing to Wiley now. And the Qs, desperate for any relationship at all since the Terrible Trio kept him away, sucked up to him in much the same way they did to Jason.

Ever since pregnant Carly showed up on Jason's doorstep, people. Michael has been the Thing That Ate Port Charles since he was in the fucking womb.

• Applause 3
  • Love 9

While I do think KM and DZ have chemistry, Sam/Dante is the most boring couple I’ve ever seen on this show. I still can’t tell why they’re together and they’ve had zero angst or storylines. Every time they get a scene like today where they’re talking about their relationship, I wonder why we’re wasting time on them. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

While I do think KM and DZ have chemistry, Sam/Dante is the most boring couple I’ve ever seen on this show. I still can’t tell why they’re together and they’ve had zero angst or storylines. Every time they get a scene like today where they’re talking about their relationship, I wonder why we’re wasting time on them. 

So I miss dialogue because I have a lot of noise in my living room, but I thought the most interesting thing out of Sam's mouth was that she is working on something and Felicia was helping her out, right?

And if I heard this correctly, then I wondered if Felicia was helping Sam out with trying to find Esme's nanny in London. Felicia being tied to the story if Esme is her kid would be a shock to her system.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Ever since pregnant Carly showed up on Jason's doorstep, people. Michael has been the Thing That Ate Port Charles since he was in the fucking womb.

Literally the Red Menace has been terrorizing PC since 1997.  1997, people!

• Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina's 'identity theft' trial is hard to beat.

Michael arranged for that trial to happen, so of course it was galactically stupid. The DA decided to press charges against Trina even though the victims didn't want that. I can't believe we're supposed to think Robert Fucking! Scorpio signed off on something like this. There must be a temp DA doing that.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Spencer playing 11th hour hero when he could have provided the alibi months ago and likely prevented Trina from going through the trial, Title IX hearing, and at least some of the negative press coverage and the public thinking she did this is hallow.

I think you mean hollow?

As for thinking that Jaysus was Mooby's son? Eh, Jaysus was more a "brotha" as Mooby said for years and years and best friend. In addition to being his hitman/enforcer/sometimes partner/back to enforcer.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't believe we're supposed to think Robert Fucking! Scorpio signed off on something like this.

And where in the hell is he? It feels like he was on screen a while ago now.

• Love 5

I rewound the show twice but I still have no idea what Ava said to Esmé when she opened the door at the end of show. Could someone clue me in please?

Stupid Nik had better sleep with one eye open. Ava is totally beyond furious. 

The point of Sante is to fulfill the actors' minimums. More like KM's minimums thought cause I don't think they would have re-hired DZ if they didn't have to have somewhere to put KM after Jasam broke up.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I rewound the show twice but I still have no idea what Ava said to Esmé when she opened the door at the end of show.

She called her a conniving little whore.  

There is going to be a Dynasty style throw down tomorrow.  

• Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She called Esmé a whore, unfortunately.

ETA: A scheming whore, I think it was.

She said something similar to her own daughter after the truth about her and Griffin was revealed. I am not surprised she would say that to someone that she never liked and who she blames for all of Trina's troubles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

A conversation that can never happen:

Spencer: Ugh! My father slept with my girlfriend!

Stefan: That is very upsetting.

Spencer: Upsetting? It's disgusting!

Stefan: Yes. I had a similar reaction when your father conducted an affair with my former betrothed.

Spencer: Wait, what?

Stefan: He was quite young, near your age, and Katherine Bell was very manipulative.

Spencer: I suppose...so is Esme.

Stefan: Nikolas is no longer a boy. While I agree that Ms. Prince is not to be trusted, I cannot imagine any excuse for betraying his son and his wife in this manner.

Spencer: This is so messed up.

Stefan: Indeed.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, TVbitch said:

Uh oh, has Joss found her Jason?!

Hope so. I will be thrilled for Cam. 

Cam needs a better girlfriend.  Someone  who is real world college girl fun.  That likes to party and do real,college students things and acts like a real,person.  Not some angry, narcissistic, entitled, rageaholic, self,righteous, frigid bitch like Joss.  

then Cam can loosen up a little.  With the teen characters entering their 20’s imminently, maybe Cam can finally have sex more than just once in his life.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Michael's self-absorption is becoming hilarious to me, in the way that Carly's and Sonny's can be.

He might as well say "but enough about me, let's talk about you--what do YOU think about ME?" that's his level of narcissism.  And his scenes aren't helped by CD's constipated reaction face no matter what the mood is supposed to be.

Oy, Willow was obnoxious today.  Are we supposed to be impressed she's acting like a Carly?  Because, nope.  Hilarious that she now is disgusted by the reporter that she used to do a hit piece on Nina.  Again, such a Corinthos move.  Also, can we get on with her convenientitis diagnosis? 

LOL that Joss, the braintrust, classified Diane's cross of Esme as some sort of victory.  Esme gave Diane nothing and that so-called mask didn't move, never mind come off.  The only thing funnier than her wrong proclamation was Spencer not having any time for her nonsense.  Dude, I feel ya.

Ava is going to go scorched earth on Nikolas and I'm here for it.  His "I couldn't help it--I was just a penis, standing in front of a girl, begging her not to make me have sex with her" defense was embarrassing.  I loved how Ava kept emphasizing Esme's age--Nikolas deserves that.  Drag him, Ava.  Drag. Him.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Cam needs a better girlfriend.  Someone  who is real world college girl fun.  That likes to party and do real,college students things and acts like a real,person.  Not some angry, narcissistic, entitled, rageaholic, self,righteous, frigid bitch like Joss.  

then Cam can loosen up a little.  With the teen characters entering their 20’s imminently, maybe Cam can finally have sex more than just once in his life.

well.... to be fair not everyone who goes to college is a party, sex having person. Cam just needs not Joss in his life, not someone that makes him want toparty and get laid if that's not his cup of tea. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I think the show has been great this week.  I am loving the whole trial story, and Spencer and Esme.  I think the Nicholas and Ava scenes were great, Maura killed it as usual.   

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer isn't really Trina's alibi, given that they've said more than once the video could have been released via a timer.

True,  but I think he's going to tell about the drugs he found on Esme too.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

A conversation that can never happen:

Spencer: Ugh! My father slept with my girlfriend!

Stefan: That is very upsetting.

Spencer: Upsetting? It's disgusting!

Stefan: Yes. I had a similar reaction when your father conducted an affair with my former betrothed.

Spencer: Wait, what?

Stefan: He was quite young, near your age, and Katherine Bell was very manipulative.

Spencer: I suppose...so is Esme.

Stefan: Nikolas is no longer a boy. While I agree that Ms. Prince is not to be trusted, I cannot imagine any excuse for betraying his son and his wife in this manner.

Spencer: This is so messed up.

Stefan: Indeed.

Throw in a convo with Uncle Lucky (who may as well also be dead at this point) about Nik sleeping with his betrothed as well. A better show could explore whether Nikolas’s weird need to steal the women all his male relatives are with is linked to some Oedipal nightmare from Laura abandoning him. This show, however, will just make us rewatch the gross flashback 1000 times instead  

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
On 7/27/2022 at 6:51 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Because Aaron the black-haired bartender has a shock of white hair at temple, and because he randomly had dad issues, I've decided he's secretly Victor's son. 😉

Have we discussed that Esme could plausibly be Kevin's daughter, and Ryan's been lying to her? In fact, even if she isn't, the backstory on why she didn't consider both of twins as potentially her father would be interesting.

Wouldn’t Esme have been conceived around 2002?  Wasn’t Kevin involved with all the vampires in PC back then?  Is she part vampire?  Maybe Livie Locke’s evil baby?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Instead they have Nik tell Ava in a random room, just the two of them.

Well, it didn't involve Sonny or Carly (or Michael), so they didn't get a big public scene.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm going to be extremely generous to Michael here... when he was talking about Dex becoming something that Sonny lost.... a son... could he not have meant Morgan?  Sonny did lose a son.  I mean, Michael's ego is huge, so probably not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Wouldn’t Esme have been conceived around 2002?  Wasn’t Kevin involved with all the vampires in PC back then?  Is she part vampire?  Maybe Livie Locke’s evil baby?

If she's the same age as Joss, Cam, and Spenser, then she was either born in 2009, 2004, or 2006.

• LOL 6

When Dante was talking to Sam about moving in together, my first thought was 'Is Lulu coming back?' because it would be soapy to have her come back to find Sam installed in her home. But then, Sam and her kids live in St. Jaysus' apartment and I don't see the show giving up on that.

• Love 1

isn't Dante still living at the Q mansion?  If I was Lulu and I woke up to my ex-husband in my house with his new girlfriend, no matter who she was, I would be PISSED.  It ain't his house.

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Dante was talking to Sam about moving in together, my first thought was 'Is Lulu coming back?' because it would be soapy to have her come back to find Sam installed in her home. But then, Sam and her kids live in St. Jaysus' apartment and I don't see the show giving up on that.

They probably would move into the PH but isn’t that strange? I never got the impression that the penthouse was more than 2 bedrooms, maybe 3 max, so it would be cramped for a couple with 3 kids between them who have the funds for a bigger place. Also, I hate that set. The PH has gotten uglier with each remodel and it’s falling apart. I’m pretty sure that’s the reason they keep it so dark. You can see the tape holding together the stairs and that annoyingly squeaky coach. 

• LOL 2

Brick: skip. (also i just realized this is so freaking similar to Dante's storyline)
Michael: skip. 
Sasha: blowing smoke up Willow's butt. Skip. 

TJ "We need another blood test."
Willow "why"
Me: you are a sucky nurse.

I know people are going to yell at Brando for smothering. but i am 10000 full team Brando... (Until he just said someone needs to control her. yeah no). but he' flat out telling the truth. honestly. Brando just divorce Sasha. go with Nina and get fat off bread and cheese. (man i really need to go grocery shopping)

Esme vs Ava let's goooooo
Ava is pegging Esme for everything basically saying that she always knew it wasn't Spencer because she saw the look of fear in his face. Esme is throwing how Ava tends to throw people away just before they die. (Julian and Kiki). Ava is wondering why Esme hates her.... and she is cluing in that this is way too personal. 

Honestly. yay for Spencer speaking up or whatever, but this is moot.  the argument is basically Trina could have done it because she could set a timer, and no one ele is considering any other possibility. Also (theoretically) this doesn't help Trina because the ADA can just be all. "Why didn't Trina report this". 

LMAO ADA: "We can't verify this!"
Dianne: "We can't verify ANY witness's testimony." hahahahaha

I will admit that since i didn't really witness a lot of baby-lispy Spencer, most of my experience with him is with NC - and I love him. the entitlement with him doesn't bother me so much because he's trying  to be a better person. Yeah sometimes it pops up but it doesn't irk me as much as it does most others. i just hope they "grow him" up.  NC has the power and charisma  to be the romantic lead of the show. and firmly believe they should do this.

WHY IS NO ONE SAYING THAT YOU SIMPLY COULD SET THE PHONE TO RECORD ALL DAY?! FOR HOLY FREAKING CRAP. 

Joss is all "oh i knew i could trust you to do the right thing." Oh shut up. 

Diannes' eyeshadow is really bothering me

lmao Michael has a "work think" lmao. like he works.  And he IS NOT AT WORK. he's dealing with Dex. look at Michael lying to his girlfriend. 

oh look. Sasha wants to get high. i am so surprised, and shocked. who ever saw this coming #ChandlerBingVoice

Ava basically saying she'll kill Esme if she doesn't get Trina off. 

decent Friday-ish episode.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

Maura West was amaze balls today! I can’t say anything more. Kudos to AP for holding her own in their scenes.
That single tear running down Trina’s cheek while Spencer was testifying was so touching. The two actors have an excellent connection  Their eyes speak volumes. 
I wonder if Spencer will face any consequences for his jailbreak. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Just one look from Maura West post idiot Nikolas convo and I’m sold.

Still quite annoyed by the long puffy sleeves they put her in, however.

MC looked rough in all his scenes. Zero appeal.

Can’t wait for the Ava/Spencer resulting chat.

• Love 6

@Daisy - I'm w/you!! I watched the Sasha/Brando scenes and the trial scenes only. I'm  TeamBrando too, and I even understood his controlling comment. I know ppl may disagree but I don't see Brando as wanting to control Sasha in general but he would love to control how she's handling her addiction. 

I've missed a lot of episodes, but it's clear to me - at least - Sasha is not taking her addiction seriously, and she is not interested in or committed to getting clean. And she has no desire to address the real reason behind her addiction so she will constantly relapse, etc. That's the part Brando hates and wishes he could control. If he could force her into a therapy session, he would. I get it. 

That said, Brando should leave her. Tell her he wants a separation, and that he cannot live w/her anymore. If she spirals and ODs . . . oh well . . . he tried to help her. 

I'm glad the trial is over. It was lame - the little I saw - but I liked Trina's one tear and Spencer did the best he could! Even though it wasn't helpful, his friends now know he hadn't turned his back on them. That will help w/the Spencer/Trina/Rory triangle. 

Movement on plots makes me happy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, lala2 said:

[Brando] would love to control how [Sasha is] handling her addiction. 

It's not up to Brando, though, and as an addict he should know that. Sasha's the only one who can help herself at the moment. And of course she wants more drugs. She's an addict.

Nik wasn't "seduced" or "tricked" to fuck Esmé. Stop with this misogynistic crap, Show.

Hey, Michael, when you knock on a door, wait to be called in, especially in a hospital. Don't emulate your mother by barging in.

I'm surprised Brick and Sonny could breath with the amount of smoke Brick was blowing up Sonny's ass.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm surprised Brick and Sonny could breath with the amount of smoke Brick was blowing up Sonny's ass.

Which is strange, because Brick has always been team Carly.

• Like 1