Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, mother of a young child and owner of a hotel, needs to find a hobby other than blaming Nina.

She has one. It's barging into places uninvited.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Jordan, the head of the pcpd does investigations. Alrighty.  She picks up the weapon used on chases noggin and puts it back on the shelf. Have we ever heard of fingerprints?  This is ridiculous. So inept. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Jesus Christ, what the hell with Carly just busting into Alexis's house?  Just because Harmony's car was in the driveway doesn't mean she was there nor does it give the Town Bully carte blanche to barge in.  And of course--OF COURSE--per the previews she's blaming Nina for Harmony acting nuts.  Legit this 50-year-old woman still acts like the twenty-something she was when she blew into town always having to blame someone for whatever was pissing her off.

Trina, I like you, sweetie, but just because he gave you one pep talk doesn't mean you have to convince Hatman to stay in town.  We were so close--SO CLOSE--to him leaving.  Now we're going to be stuck with him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I was also really mad at Trina, today. Let him get on the damn ferry, girl! We do not want him and his stupid hat here!!!!

Carly will learn Harmony's secret but stay mum about it, keeping yet another of Nina's daughters from her. Then Nina will bump into Jason while visiting Vixen Falls, only he has amnesia from the cave falling on him, and he calls himself Nike, cuz that's the name on his shoe. You know the rest...

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jesus Christ, what the hell with Carly just busting into Alexis's house?  Just because Harmony's car was in the driveway doesn't mean she was there nor does it give the Town Bully carte blanche to barge in.  And of course--OF COURSE--per the previews she's blaming Nina for Harmony acting nuts.  Legit this 50-year-old woman still acts like the twenty-something she was when she blew into town always having to blame someone for whatever was pissing her off.

Too bad Harmony won't kill Carly too keep the Willow secret buried.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Who is Jordan to tell anyone whether the club is open or not when Curtis is right there. She was so out of line.

Oh Trina let him leave town. 

Harmony is crazy. Alexis needs to kick her out. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jesus Christ, what the hell with Carly just busting into Alexis's house?  Just because Harmony's car was in the driveway doesn't mean she was there nor does it give the Town Bully carte blanche to barge in.

It’s Carly. I’m sure she’s used to people seeing her at their door and pretending they aren’t home. I would 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

so what happened today? do i watch or just delete off the PVR?

I ask myself this question every day and I just end up deleting without even watching.  This show is just garbage right now.  Slow moving stories, horrible couples, giving focus to unnecessary characters, not using people when they should be — just all around awful.  And I see comments on other boards saying that the show is so good and I’m like, really? Are we watching the same thing?

• Love 5

I actually like a lot of the show right now.   But the Liz story is starting to really get on my nerves.  It's SOOO obviously Liz doing all of this herself, the idea that no one has even guessed at this is absurd.  I don't like Harmony so if Carly has to shriek at somebody, and she does, then I'm glad it's Harmony.   Side notes; Kemo looked gorgeous at the party.  And who in the hair department hates Becky?  That looks like a bad wig.  What are they doing to her?  She must have taken Kirsten Storms' side in an argument against the hair and makeup dept.  Their revenge is clear to see onscreen. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

so what happened today? do i watch or just delete off the PVR?

Ned and Olivia had a party to celebrate Ned adopting Leo. Carly was there but no one from Leo's father's side. Drew and Michael want to merge Aurora with ELQ to minimize Valentin's influence. Ned points out that he would lose his position.

Jordan walk iinto The Savoy and gets bossy. Selina Wu brings a file, blah, blah, blah Curtis is shocked reading it.

Trina sees Hatman at the ferry and tell him he shouldn't leave town . then she goes and tell Curtis that he's leaving (she's been hanging around Carly and Joss too much).  Curtis goes to the ferry dock and tells Hatman typical that he's running off. {What did Curtis expect? he kept hounding Hatman for not telling him anything. Then he tricks him with a fake job interview. Let the guy go FFS.)

Cahse in the hospital being bossed by Portia. Liz and Finn show up. Jordan shows up. Talk about the security cameras, Jordan goes home with them to see what the cameras show. Dum, dum, dum, they were turned off.

Chase is desperate to get to Leo's party in spite of his 8 hour concussion because he promised Brook Lynn. He shows up with flowers, Brook Lynn is not pleasant.

Harmony/Alexis. Harmony angst. Alexis leaves and she starts to burn the file. Carly barges in.

On the plus side, no Joss and only minimal Michael and Willow.

49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Too bad Harmony won't kill Carly too keep the Willow secret buried.

You had one job.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

But the Liz story is starting to really get on my nerves.  It's SOOO obviously Liz doing all of this herself, the idea that no one has even guessed at this is absurd.  

If it turns out that Liz is doing it herself, I'd be perfectly happy if it's the result of her taking a sleep aid. I'd much rather that be the problem than her suddenly having another personality. It could turn into a good public service issue, since there are documented instances of people having difficulty with those over the counter meds. And, IMO, Liz has been put upon enough lately. Her character doesn't deserve a mental illness to solve a plot problem.

Edited by rur
  • Love 8

I'm going to carry really incriminating papers around for days, leave them at the bar when I go to the potty, then leave them sitting out at someone's house.  Then I'm going to burn them.  Because paper doesn't tear first? 

They made all that fuss about installing a security system at Alexis' house.  Now she doesn't even lock the damn door.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, rur said:

If it turns out that Liz is doing it herself, I'd be perfectly happy if it's the result of her taking a sleep aid.

This seems the direction they're going, since Elizabeth is always asleep when this stuff happens. But knowing this fakakta show, it will be her guilty conscience for moving on with Finn. Wimmins and their emotions, you know.

10 hours ago, CeChase said:

And who in the hair department hates Becky?  That looks like a bad wig

I have been thinking this lately. Her hair always used to looked so shiny and silky and now it looks like she tried to give herself a home perm.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

You had one job.

I would forgive Harmony everything under the sun if she put Carly in a year long coma. Although, then people would be gathering and standing vigil at Carly's bedside and waxing about how brave, strong and loves with her whole heart she is and they can't lose her and that she had everything to live for. She needs to come back to take down the evil Nina.

Whatever happens, it's clear that we can't win.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ned and Olivia had a party to celebrate Ned adopting Leo. Carly was there but no one from Leo's father's side.

If you mean Julian, Sam was there.

If you mean Ned, then Brook, Michael and Drew were there.

I am wondering why none of the kids that Leo hangs out with at the mansion were not there. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Even for a soap, it's weird that Dante and Sam share two siblings who are not themselves related to each other.

Sam also two siblings who are related to each other (Kristina, Molly) because their fathers are brothers.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

I just have been thinking this lately. Her hair always used to looked so shiny and silky and now it looks like she tried to give herself a home perm.

Yeah. I told my sister her hair needs a deep conditioning or something. It used to be vibrant, and now, it’s dull and brittle looking. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Even for a soap, it's weird that Dante and Sam share two siblings who are not themselves related to each other.

I think Leo is a cutie but he shouldn’t exist. Giving Olivia/Julian a random ONS to write in LLC’s RL pregnancy was particularly pointless when she was barely on the show and they’ve pretty much ignored the kid’s existence right up until this autism SL. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Leo is a cutie but he shouldn’t exist. Giving Olivia/Julian a random ONS to write in LLC’s RL pregnancy was particularly pointless when she was barely on the show and they’ve pretty much ignored the kid’s existence right up until this autism SL. 

They chose to write in her pregnancy for the brief sake of drama that didn't amount to much after it was revealed that Leo did not die in childbirth as Olvia claimed. They should have made Ned the father from the start because that essentially is what happened.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I would forgive Harmony everything under the sun if she put Carly in a year long coma. Although, then people would be gathering and standing vigil at Carly's bedside and waxing about how brave, strong and loves with her whole heart she is and they can't lose her and that she had everything to live for. She needs to come back to take down the evil Nina.

Think of the fast forwarding possibilities though. Even the conversations about other plots would be retreads.

5 hours ago, nilyank said:

If you mean Julian, Sam was there.

I'd forgotten that Sam was related to Leo because Sam was there to be Carly's other BFF and the angst with Dante because Same helped Carly get info on Trina.

Where were her children, Leo's nephew Danny and his niece Scout? We know they weren't with Grandma Alexis.  No need to actually show the child actors, a throw-away line to Leo that he can join them in the playroom now would suffice.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, jacourt said:

I think Becky’s hair is that way because they are trying to show how stressed she is?  Maybe a symbol of her mental problems?  Do these writers think that hard??

But her hair, which was always amazing, has looked like it needs help for a few years now.  I think it actually looks better than it did a year or so ago. I mean aging is real and many women's hair reflects that. Thinning, changes in texture, etc. Not to say that's definitely the case but its possible. It could also reflect another health issue which I pray isn't the case. The texture mostly looks like damage related to misuse of heat or chemicals. Bad bleaching or straightening experience, for example. 

19 hours ago, jacourt said:

Jordan, the head of the pcpd does investigations. Alrighty.  She picks up the weapon used on chases noggin and puts it back on the shelf. Have we ever heard of fingerprints?  This is ridiculous. So inept. 

Lol! I thought the same thing. Put it in an evidence bag. I don't think she had gloves on either. Just the least amount of effort they can put in at this point. And after telling Chase it was a good idea if he kept away from the crime scene for fear of things not being by the book. Sheesh.

When Harmony started playing with matches I had the though that this fruit loop is going to burn Alexis' house down. 

• Love 5

Jordan was wearing gloves but it was insanely stupid to put the statue back on the shelf. I ‘think’ she took a picture of it first. Well okay great. But my immediate thought (as clearly were others’) was ‘maybe you wanna dust for prints? It’s unlikely whoever did it was wearing gloves.’ Then I realized this is the PCPD and the culprit likely knew exactly who and what he was dealing with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don’t like the replacements for Jordan or Trina. The plots for these women are ridiculous. Jordan doesn’t investigate crimes or replace a possible crime object on a shelf with no fingerprint evidence. This show isn’t even half way trying anymore. Shame on you, writers.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Jordan was wearing gloves but it was insanely stupid to put the statue back on the shelf. I ‘think’ she took a picture of it first. Well okay great. But my immediate thought (as clearly were others’) was ‘maybe you wanna dust for prints? It’s unlikely whoever did it was wearing gloves.’ Then I realized this is the PCPD and the culprit likely knew exactly who and what he was dealing with.

The commish gets dumber with every recast. OG Jordan was never this stupid. 2nd Jordan was dim. #3 seems to be straight up stupid so far. 

• Love 10

Was Sam at the Q's as Dante's date or as Leo's brother? I can understand GH not wanting to go out of their way to highlight the fact that Dante and Sam share two siblings when they are in a dating relationship but it's still weird that Sam doesn't claim her Jerome side at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Was Sam at the Q's as Dante's date or as Leo's brother? I can understand GH not wanting to go out of their way to highlight the fact that Dante and Sam share two siblings when they are in a dating relationship but it's still weird that Sam doesn't claim her Jerome side at all. 

Right? Ava is her aunt yet they barely acknowledge each other.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't think the writers care even one bit about the familial relationships that exist between certain characters.

Either that or they go yikes and ignore it, and hope it will be forgotten if they don't mention it.

They don't acknowledge Sam's Jerome family. They don't really acknowledge her Cassadine family. Her cousin Nikolas is married to her aunt Ava. His son is involved with Esme. She should be concerned about her cousins and aunt being around Esme because they're her family, not because Esme framed Trina with the sex tape. She's a PI, investigate!

The only relationship they acknowledge is the one Sam has with her mother and her sisters. The end. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Right? Ava is her aunt yet they barely acknowledge each other.

The only time Sam did acknowledge her and was kind to her that was some sort of proof of something being wrong with her! (Her cat poop disease.)

When Kiki was murdered Sam barely reacted like it wasn't even her cousin. 

• Love 1
On 4/22/2022 at 4:48 PM, Blackie said:

I guess the best part was Harmony going more Cra-cra.

Crazy-Succubus-lost-girl-35507666-245-24

Watching Lost Girl, I know Inga Cadranel can do a good crazy, but it seems like such a waste of the character and actress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

it's still weird that Sam doesn't claim her Jerome side at all. 

Oonly if Sam needed something from Julian did she deign to acknowledge him. There were countless scenes of her in Charlie's castigating him for having the nerve to be in the business he owned. It was aggravating.

8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think the writers care even one bit about the familial relationships that exist between certain characters.

Then there's this. It's what happens when you relate everyone to someone (or more than one someone). You have to start ignoring family ties or it gets really ooky.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oonly if Sam needed something from Julian did she deign to acknowledge him. There were countless scenes of her in Charlie's castigating him for having the nerve to be in the business he owned. It was aggravating.

I've forgotten what Sam was even so mad at Julian for. It was before the whole Julian-holding-the-Cassadine-dagger-to-Alexis'-throat storyline. 

Was it because he donated bone marrow to Danny to save his life but wouldn't bank more thus saving him from being murdered by Sonny? Why did Sonny want to kill him back then? 

23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I've forgotten what Sam was even so mad at Julian for. It was before the whole Julian-holding-the-Cassadine-dagger-to-Alexis'-throat storyline. 

From GH Wiki

In 2016, Julian went to trial and was charged with solicitation, theft of evidence, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit the murder of Duke Lavery, the first degree murder of Carlos Rivera and the attempted murder of Alexis Davis, but was found not guilty on all charges.

...after finding out everything Julian had done including murdering Carlos and trying to murder her mother, Sam disowned Julian.

37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Was it because he donated bone marrow to Danny to save his life but wouldn't bank more thus saving him from being murdered by Sonny? Why did Sonny want to kill him back then? 

Originally it was because he was hiding his identity and refused to bank his bone marrow to stop Sonny from killing him. I don’t recall Sonny having a reason for wanting to go after him other than he was a mob enemy and the bone marrow aspect didn’t exactly curb Sonny.

However, Sam was civil with him once he hooked up with Alexis. I wouldn’t call them especially close but she was fine with him for a few years. But yeah, once he tried to kill Alexis, she was done with him. I do think at some point, around 2018 or so, it was less about Alexis and more that she fell in the Sonny/Jason camp and echoed their opinions about everyone. 

• Useful 3
21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The commish gets dumber with every recast. OG Jordan was never this stupid. 2nd Jordan was dim. #3 seems to be straight up stupid so far. 

So following this trajectory, I guess the next police commissioner will be… Michael?

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

Wasn’t Sonny mad about Julian’s role in the Wiley mess? Didn’t he vow to kill Julian for messing with his family or whatever? I don’t really remember.  

There's that. But that came much later and it was a little before Julian died.

I think there was the business of Duke Lavery as well. Didn't Julian kill him on fake Luke's orders or something?

Julian was good at being blackmailed and getting into these weird ass messes.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Originally it was because he was hiding his identity and refused to bank his bone marrow to stop Sonny from killing him.

That was really unfair of Julian. Why shouldn't Sonny kill him if he wants to?

• LOL 4

I’m 4 episodes behind but I have to say one thing. Could they please cut out the blasting background music?!?!? The four person scene with Felicia, Robert, Anna & Laura didn’t need the blasting background music. They were all sitting down having a conversation and talking normally. I couldn’t hear a thing they said. Rant over. Have a good week y’all. 

• Love 1
On 4/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Trina, I like you, sweetie, but just because he gave you one pep talk doesn't mean you have to convince Hatman to stay in town.  We were so close--SO CLOSE--to him leaving.  Now we're going to be stuck with him.

I could not understand why she had to be the one to convince him to stay. Then I realized,with dread, they could be laying the groundwork for the reveal Curtis is her father, so Hatman is her grandfather (Spec, not spoiler.)

• Useful 4
  • Love 2