Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

I was impressed at how hard Laura was on Spencer, and rightfully so.  

He totally deserved that. Spencer is an entitled, condescending brat. He's been arrested, gets worried he will get sent back to jail, but can't muster an ounce of self-awareness when trying to convince the cop who arrested him to let him go.

He needs a lobotomy.

• Love 11

I still think Britt’s date was Rory, stuck at the police station dealing with the juvenile Cam and Spencer.

I thought Chase was going to find Liz doing the weird stuff at the house so we could move on. Hitting him over the head is not what I wanted.

• Useful 5
16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He called her Jordan and Laura tore a strip off of him and reminded him that she's Commissioner Ashford to him. 

Except for possibly Cameron who was raised by Liz, none of the younger set call adults by their titles rather than by their first names. I don't know where Spencer would know Jordan from but all the kids call the adults by their first names (e.g. Sonny, Carly, Ava etc).

I thought that Rookie Cop Rory was stupid to arrest Cameron and Spencer. They were two cousins/friends having a fight and should have had a talking-to rather than being arrested and dragged to the station. It wasn't even a public place but a private one. Arresting the assistant manager?

24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Spencer's crime was hitting a police officer,

That seemed like an accident to me and wouldn't have happened if Rory stepped back and hadn't been overachieving and trying to arrest him

24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The cop is barely older than we are

I think that line was to set up Rory as a viable love interest for Trina irrespective of the actor's real age.

Rory got in their faces as soon as he saw Trina there.  It's Chase V2, a wiser cop, and one without a crush, would have handled it in situ.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's Chase V2, a wiser cop, and one without a crush, would have handled it in situ.

If this was Chase 2.0 (and I totally see your point), his love interest would be Spencer.

And now that I'm saying this, it occurs to me that I'm not remotely opposed to the idea.

• LOL 6

I'm gonna be pissed if it becomes a triangle between Carly, Britt and Drew, cuz we know Britt is gonna lose out that one.* They should have just done a triangle with Sam, Drew and Dante as that made sense, and since Sam and Dante are a dud anyway, it would have at least injected some drama there.

*I will forgive this plotline if and only if it ends up at Carly "winning" Drew only to have Jason come back and get with Britt ...while Carly's brain explodes.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

hen when Maxie dragged him outside because he was being his typical idiot squirelly, something he said made me think again that he was the owner or the designer.  

My DVR didn't work so I missed today so not sure how much Spinelli was on, but again I have to ask why he is not getting the cyber evidence to exonerate Trina?????

• Love 6

As the grandmother of two grandsons who aren’t teens yet, I admired Laura for jumping in Spencer’s shorts today. Someone needs to do that for him. We have way too many kids today who have never been told “no” or been disciplined. That’s not a good omen for our future.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

My DVR didn't work so I missed today so not sure how much Spinelli was on, but again I have to ask why he is not getting the cyber evidence to exonerate Trina?????

Cuz nobody asked him.

There are full episodes on YouTube, including today's btw.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

something he said made me think again that he was the owner or the designer.  

Ah yes!  That makes more sense. Since cyber-stuffs are his passion that would be in his wheelhouse, but a hacker for the mob probably wouldn’t want the fact he created a dating app to be publicized. Plus it saves Britt from being paired with him. 

I also thought it was funny all this chaos was happening and Elizabeth was just upstairs sleeping. Lol. Did Finn say if she take another sleeping pill?  Because if so I could definitely see that somehow playing into the story, people do strange things when on ambien and stuff like that. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

As the grandmother of two grandsons who aren’t teens yet, I admired Laura for jumping in Spencer’s shorts today. Someone needs to do that for him. We have way too many kids today who have never been told “no” or been disciplined. That’s not a good omen for our future.

Did anyone else think Spencer was purposely going over the top on being a jerk? It felt like he was doing it to cover over Cam trying to tell the truth about Spencer’s changed attitude over Esme

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

Did anyone else think Spencer was purposely going over the top on being a jerk? It felt like he was doing it to cover over Cam trying to tell the truth about Spencer’s changed attitude over Esme

I may be wrong but I didn’t see it that way at all. If it turns out to be so, I’ll be the first to admit it.

IIRC, Carly asked Spinelli to find out who put up the sextape. But it was a long time ago and everyone has forgotten, including the writers.

6 minutes ago, DanaK said:

That's how it came across to me. In fact, I think Spencer said something to this effect when he and Cameron were in their separate cells.

I'm on Spencer's side in this one because Cameron has become such a wimp, he couldn't keep a confidence that Spencer stressed must be hidden, not for 5 minutes because Joss got mad. Spencer is willing to go undercover and have all his family and acquaintances mad at him to save Trina, and Cameron couldn't take his girlfriend upset for a minute.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

IIRC, Carly asked Spinelli to find out who put up the sextape. But it was a long time ago and everyone has forgotten, including the writers.

I think she said he created some program that prevents it from being copied. I don’t know if he could find out who actually posted it, but he seemingly can find anyone anywhere so it shouldn’t be too hard.  

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
22 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Yes, it seemed that way to me. Bit it’s entirely possible he was just being an entitled ass.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Did anyone else think Spencer was purposely going over the top on being a jerk?

Yesterdays' episode I got that sense, that he deliberately hit the cop so he'd end up in the jail cell with Cam and he could give him heck for almost spilling the beans.  Today's episode he just came across as the entitled douche that only Spencer can be.  

• Love 5

I actually wish Laura let Spencer spend the night in jail that would've been hilarious.

I think NAC is great in the role  and he plays well off of everyone but I also realize I only seem to like Spencer if he's with his grandmother because for the most part he is good to her.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

The Cam thing is weird because all he had to do was say that Spencer was family, and their Grandmother asked him not to cut Spencer completely. 

But knowing Joss, she probably thinks her feelings matter more than Laura's.

Other people have feelings?  She probably thinks that anyone not part of the Corinthii are just figments of her imagination.

• Love 2

How great would it be to have Spencer, just once, put on those black-rimmed glasses little Spencer used to wear.  The Hive Mind on this page can probably think of a circumstance that would be appropriate for such a call-back.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:31 AM, sacrebleu said:

The Cam thing is weird because all he had to do was say that Spencer was family, and their Grandmother asked him not to cut Spencer completely. 

But knowing Joss, she probably thinks her feelings matter more than Laura's.

Judging by her mother's and brother's example, family loyalty only matters when it comes to how they are treated, but fuck that if it stands in the way of what they want. 

Anyone every seen High Fidelity with John Cusack. There is a part were he manages to reconnect with Catherine Zeta Jones' character. At the time of their breakup, he was heart broken because he found her interesting and beautiful and didn't think he was good enough for her (and the way she dumped him confirmed that in his mind). Years later when he was going through his worst break ups after separating from his live in girlfriend,  she invites him to a dinner party. With the years between their relationship and being in the loving, yet sometimes chaotic one with his last girlfriend, he ends up hating CZJ's character. He finds her boring, pretentious and self centered and questions why he made her the answer to the world's problems. Joss is CZJ's character, except an even bigger bitch. And I am not chalking up completely to her youth as I often did with Lulu. 

It is funny that the show is painting Esme as a Anna Sorkin/Elizabeth Holmes type person, they don't see Joss acts like Amber Heard/Jada Pickett Smith. Both types are awful and destructive. 

• Love 4

Poor Britt, these shenanigans with the dating app are really getting stupid.  And I would have welcomed more of a chem test with her and Drew a few months ago, but now Drew kinda sucks so I'm not excited about it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Britt, these shenanigans with the dating app are really getting stupid.  And I would have welcomed more of a chem test with her and Drew a few months ago, but now Drew kinda sucks so I'm not excited about it.

Britt and Spinelli?  Um, no.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, CeChase said:
29 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Britt and Spinelli?  Um, no.

Talk about hitting out of your league.  No way.   I would find this kind of insulting for Britt. 

Only kind of?

But, yeah, who in the writers thought "you know what this dating app storyline with Britt needs?  The reveal that Spinelli designed the app."

SNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Worst part of Spinelli is his horrible personality. I usually have sympathy for the "nice guys," mainly because I find that many of the cases, the girls do use the guys, but not this asshole. He got a romantic rival thrown in prison and yelled at Maxie for not appreciating. You know whose fate he deserved, Nelle's fate. I hate him. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

They've really dropped the ball with Drew/CamMat. Just so something, anything with him already.

• Love 8

The party was a cute idea but I found all of the individual convos snoozeworthy. I think there were too many characters in that room who bore or annoy me. Hopefully Olivia joins a support group or gets some other help with raising a child on the spectrum because expecting Leo to deliver that speech wasn’t the best idea. 

As far as the rest of the episode, they’re dragging out the mystery of what’s going on with Liz and Marshall’s secret way too long. Harmony is fully off her rocker. Wonder how she held it together as long as she did. And of course Carly gets a mere hint that something involves Nina and rushes over there. She’s truly obsessed with Nina on a majorly unhealthy level. 

• Love 11

Was Ava invited to this party for Leo? When Olivia told her about Ned adopting him, Ava was for it. Leo's brother Lucas wasn't there either but I don't expect miracles.

"You've recovered from your concussion."  Dr. Google says it take 7 - 14 days to recover from a mild concussion.

What is it with the pushy women today? Jordan tell Selina Wu that Curtis' club isn't open for business yet (none of her business); Portia tell Chase that he doesn't get to leave unless unless she says so (not true).

Why was the Metro Court bartender "overserving" Harmony? Shouldn't that be on Carly to tell her bartender to do better?

Carly blames all of Harmony's problems on Nina. And water is wet. Carly, mother of a young child and owner of a hotel, needs to find a hobby other than blaming Nina.

Why would anybody burn papers in their own fireplace? Has Harmony never seen a cop show or read a book? And now Carly is going to find them and take over this storyline too. 😡

Portia: "I think she'd understand when she finds out you're int he hospital." Me: THAT'S WHY HE ASKED YOU FOR HER NUMBER SO HE CAN TELL HER.

Do the writers think I care if Hatman leaves town or stays? Because no, I don't. Although I care about Sam and Dante even less now that he's being such an idiot.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Hopefully Olivia joins a support group or gets some other help with raising a child on the spectrum because expecting Leo to deliver that speech wasn’t the best idea. 

No kidding, a lot of kids don't want to "perform" for the family, but you'd think she would understand her kid enough not to make that suggestion.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Why was the Metro Court bartender "overserving" Harmony? Shouldn't that be on Carly to tell her bartender to do better?

I was kind of surprised Carly fessing up to that, couldn't she get sued or something?

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why would anybody burn papers in their own fireplace?

Burning papers is hard actually, you need a good fire. One time I thought it would be a good idea and easier to burn some files instead of shredding them and it didn't work very well.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Do the writers think I care if Hatman leaves town or stays

And where exactly does this "Harbour Ferry  go? 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

they’re dragging out the mystery of what’s going on with Liz and Marshall’s secret way too long.

Other things being dragged out:

1. Figuring out how to use Drew

2. Nina yet again having a child

3. Esme and Ryan weirdness

I’m sure I’m forgetting some. Not to mention full out dropping how Curtis may/may not be Trina’s dad.  Just really incomplete storytelling.  

• Love 9

My level of annoyance at Carly taking over the Harmony/Nina/Willow storyline has reached peak level. Is there a chance in hell Carly will not be thrust into something? 

Harmony murdered Alexis's boyfriend to keep the secret buried. Harmony just killed his brother to keep her secret buried. Harmony is living with Alexis. She is Alexis's so-called friend. Alexis suffered because of all of this. But Alexis gets nothing. Sam has been wary of Harmony, but she gets nothing either. I don't know, Carly, go take care of your harridan daughter and leave other people's storylines alone! And of course, she walks in just as Harmony is about to burn the file she killed for. I fucking hate Carly with the heat of a million suns. Doesn't LW ever go on vacation? Is there something in her contract that states that she must be on for at least 4 days a week?

I wish Marshall had gotten on the boat. I don't care what his big fat sikrit is. It's been too long, this thing has dragged out.

Chase was clocked, Jordan picks up an object lying on the ground, gingerly puts it back on the shelf. Shouldn't this be a crime scene? Also, Valentin is incredibly petty for not taking back his complaint about Chase and letting him get back to his job. 

The whole Leo adoption. Monica couldn't be there because she had a conference or whatever. What about temp Monica? Thank you Carly Buntinsky for your explanation. I'm assuming Carly explained why she was there because of people like me who went why the fuck is there? 

Drew is turning out to be a total waste of space and air. And now he and Michael have brushed up the topic of Aurora and ELQ merging while leaving Ned out of their discussion. Nice! I'm okay with Drew and Michael hanging out, that way I can just busy myself doing other things where these two are droning on.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What's a Lucas?

A Lucas is like a pimple. It's unnecessary and nobody wants to look at it or wants it. The show doesn't care about him. I bet they forgot he is Leo's half-brother.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3

I completely agree w/you guys that certain stories are being dragged out! And because those stories only get airtime every 2-3 weeks, it feels esp dragged out!!

I was interested in Liz's issue in the beginning, but this story doesn't get consistent airtime. They need to just get to the bottom of it already. I haven't been consistently watching lately but I read the boards: have there been any other scenes btw Ryan and Esme since she called him "daddy?" I don't think so. Didn't that happen like two months ago? How long has Hatman/Marshall been in town? 6 months? And we still don't know his big secret?  Is Austin going to get some more development? Drew? Is he just going to continue to roam around PC doling out advice like some happy-go-lucky loser?!?! 

And why include Carly in YET ANOTHER story?!?! Ugh. So disappointing. I missed today's episode but it doesn't  look like I missed much. Honestly, I've missed the entire week. Oh well. "Move along. Nothing to see here" as they say. LOL! 

• Love 9

On 4/19/2022 at 7:49 PM, racked said:

I still can’t tell if Officer Cute Cop is meant for Trina or someone in the Britt age range. He definitely seems too old for Trina but they have him sniffing around her for a reason. 

I assume he will turn out to be a Wu. Because he’s Asian and on GH, a show that doesn’t hire non-white actors just because.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, perkie1968 said:

I thought that at first, but I thought the app had photos of it's applicants, so then I figured Spinelli had designed the dating app.  He got his panties in a bunch pretty hard when Britt was badmouthing the app.  Then when Maxie dragged him outside because he was being his typical idiot squirelly, something he said made me think again that he was the owner or the designer.  

Interesting. I thought he was the date, but never thought about him owning the website. Maybe he was both? He was dressed up for somebody. He could have used a fake picture. Which would be stupid and lame, but then again this is Technically-Brilliant-But-Eternally-Socially-Stunted Spinelli we’re talking about here.

22 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is Drew the prize here?  Because no, just no.

Drew the confident and resourceful Navy Seal as first introduced, yes. Current useless lapdog Drew? Definitely nobody’s prize. Certainly not ours.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

And of course Carly gets a mere hint that something involves Nina and rushes over there. She’s truly obsessed with Nina on a majorly unhealthy level. 

Yes, but at least it’s true to character. Carly has a long history of stalking and being obsessed with romantic rivals. Back in the day, Robin couldn’t turn a corner without having Carly all up in her face. And I’m surprised Liz doesn’t still have PTSD.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

They've really dropped the ball with Drew/CamMat. Just so something, anything with him already.

Anything BUT tying Drew to Carly.  Can't LW take a damn vacation already?  I want her off my screen for a while.  Or forever. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I was kind of surprised Carly fessing up to that, couldn't she get sued or something?

Burning papers is hard actually, you need a good fire. One time I thought it would be a good idea and easier to burn some files instead of shredding them and it didn't work very well.

I wait until I have a large amount and take it to a service.  They shred 80 gallons of paper in seconds and give me a special receipt documenting the destruction.  Which I like because I’m required to either shred or burn discarded client documents per state regulations.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

To a merchant marine vessel where Hatman is running away to see the world because Curtis is a big snoopy meanie?

• LOL 3
On 4/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, YaddaYadda said:

If this was Chase 2.0 (and I totally see your point), his love interest would be Spencer.

And now that I'm saying this, it occurs to me that I'm not remotely opposed to the idea.

If they’re going same sex romance, my vote is for Joss/Esme.  It could start off with some angry hate sex and then evolve into a a great romance.  Mostly because I would much rather watch them kiss then two guys, and it would be totally absurd because of the characters.  Even better if they made Joss totally whipped.  It would also make SheBeast Sr. apoplectic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Other things being dragged out:

1. Figuring out how to use Drew

2. Nina yet again having a child

3. Esme and Ryan weirdness

I’m sure I’m forgetting some. Not to mention full out dropping how Curtis may/may not be Trina’s dad.  Just really incomplete storytelling.  

Did ABC just hire some people off the street to write Show part time to save money?  I know their budget is probably a small fraction of what it used to be, but things are getting really bad.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Did ABC just hire some people off the street to write Show part time to save money?  I know their budget is probably a small fraction of what it used to be, but things are getting really bad.

CM called Frank for a job and he gave him one. That’s what he does. 

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

so what happened today? do i watch or just delete off the PVR?

I guess the best part was Harmony going more Cra-cra.  NOT Sam and Dante's ILU's barf. I didn't really pay attention to most of it.

I didn't watch yesterday but may look up the scenes of Laura and Spencer

• Love 3