Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I have to laugh that the show expects me to find Michael dynamic and a go-getter. He's such a whiny, cowardly douche. He tries to act tough, but when things start to fall apart, he runs to Mommy and Daddy to fix them. And because it can never be said enough, Shut up, Michael. You were born on third base and think you've hit a triple.

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I get the feeling that we're getting the Obrecht/Austin teamup because Gati and RoHo like working with each other, and I'm here for that.

Same. It's always a pleasure to watch two pros have a ball.

17 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

car honk Audrey? I'm so confused

Rachel Ames, who played Audrey, retired from acting but Audrey lived on. Instead of recasting, they delegated her to a car honk picking up Elizabeth's kids to babysit.

I don't mind Pip yelling at Mac, because I'm beyond sick and tired of people fresh out of surgery insisting to be discharged because they think they can save the world.

Oh, and LOL Michael's "contact at the State Department" doesn't even get a name.

"I am not a shenaniganist. And I am not one to cahoot." Hee. I also wonder if Liesl's German is scripted or if Gati adds it or it's a combo platter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I also wonder if Liesl's German is scripted or if Gati adds it or it's a combo platte

From what I've read they write her in English and Gati switches what she can to German. In my barge days I couldn't believe they had kept the character on after her intro and now that I'm back I 100% get it. She's great.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

It is kinda weird that had the "Brook emotionally hands over the baby moment" with Felicia instead of Maxie.

I also realized that here's another place where Lucas (who?) would work great, he and Brook are allegedly close friends and Lucas certainly knows the pain of handing over a child you loved and raised.

• Love 7

Show: Michael has contacts at the State Department. Michael is so connected! Michael is so cool!

Me: *sigh* no he isn't. There's nothing you can come up with that will make me like Michael, think he's not boring, think he's not a walking, taking trash bag. Least of all nobody in the history will ever think that he's cool. Michael is a douchebag.

BL having to hand over Bailey is giving me the sadz.

I could give a rat's ass about anything Carly, Sonny or Nina-related. Isn't time to send this storyline on vacation for a couple of weeks? Maybe have some of it play out off screen? And today we get a screeching Joss. And Nina wondering to Willow when she can see her grandson. This is just horrible.

So I'm back on the whole Harmony is not Willow's mother train. Clearly Willow would understand why her mother doesn't have the birth certificate. The words came out of her mouth that Harmony always fell in with weirdos and that she was mistrustful of the government because of that. 

As usual, the writers will meander until they reach their destination, so this may take a year.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand how Carly's divorce lawyer can help her get revenge on Nina. What is with all this law stuff that's idiotically unrealistic? I know soap law is never entirely accurate, but this fakakta show takes it to new heights.

Maybe the plan is to force Nina to reveal a bunch of stuff publicly that will make everyone see her as the slut of Port Charles, and then some invisible board of Crimson will ask for her resignation? IDK. I hope it's not even dumber, like Carly suing for "alienation of affection." 

If you were Carly, would you be going to a divorce attorney who's a fairly young, fairly attractive brunette, after how that went last time? Unless Rebecca Diamond is Port Charles's most famous out-and-proud lesbian, I'd be looking for, like, a 70-year-old man.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Hasn't Carly divorced Sonny like 5 times before?  They ought to have a pre-fabricated plan for divorces by now.

Which is why all this pearl-clutching concern "if you call a divorce lawyer that's IT" is so silly. The reaction to another Carson divorce, even by their kids - maybe especially their kids - should be "Again? Whatever, it won't stick."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

If you were Carly, would you be going to a divorce attorney who's a fairly young, fairly attractive brunette, after how that went last time? Unless Rebecca Diamond is Port Charles's most famous out-and-proud lesbian, I'd be looking for, like, a 70-year-old man.

It's Sonny, Port Charles's most virile man. He's sexy enough to lure even the most famous out-and-proud lesbian into at least a ONS with him.

33 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

The reaction to another Carson divorce, even by their kids - maybe especially their kids - should be "Again? Whatever, it won't stick."

Well, this time it's Nina, siren extraordinaire, who's the catalyst, so of course there's an unimaginable level of anger from the older kids. She wrecked their happy home!

This story is so dumb.

• Love 7
On 2/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, Daisy said:

FYI new Credits include Jasonlite, Esme and Spencer. and a new rift on the song. (I miss the old old song but ah well)

I've been watching for two days straight, Monday and Tuesday, and I have yet to see the actor who plays Spencer in the opening montage.

8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I've been watching for two days straight, Monday and Tuesday, and I have yet to see the actor who plays Spencer in the opening montage.

i'm pretty sure he was there. but meebee i was wrong. 
but it's weird to have everyone else and not him though

Nicholas Chavez was in yesterday's opening credits. I think there's a group that are in every or nearly every day, and then they switch in the more supporting actors when they're in that ep. For instance, Sonya Eddy was in yesterday's credits and we also saw Pip. But we don't usually see Eddy unless Pip is in the ep.

I hope that makes sense.

• Love 2

I honestly was just over Roger and Gati having fun together onscreen what feels like a million years ago back when he was still playing a serial killer. I don't understand why he is still here, he looks tired and old for the first time despite still being a very attractive man, I still don't fully accept Obrecht in the role she's in, I'm over it.

Speaking of Over It: Them kids! I'd have it turn out that obnoxious Charlotte is Valentin's and only Valentin's tomorrow. I'd have Spinelli file for and get full custody of his kid (with visitation for Mac and Felicia), I'd have Obrecht fall out with Maxie and take one or both of the kids vaguely related to her to parts unknown. I'd clean sweep all these damn kids they gave Maxie and Lulu and while Maxie would still leave the show for a looong stretch, she wouldn't come back raising three fucking kids! Same with Lulu! And you can play that drama, and bring some back someday, but for God's sake! Enough with them kids!

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Which is why all this pearl-clutching concern "if you call a divorce lawyer that's IT" is so silly. 

He's gonna move in next door like Kanye and get an old Myspace account to tell the people his troubles

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nicholas Chavez was in yesterday's opening credits. I think there's a group that are in every or nearly every day, and then they switch in the more supporting actors when they're in that ep. For instance, Sonya Eddy was in yesterday's credits and we also saw Pip. But we don't usually see Eddy unless Pip is in the ep.

I hope that makes sense.

The opening features the recurring characters who are actually in that episode but rotates the contract characters. I don’t know if they have each contract character in a certain amount of openings per month and rotate it that way but it doesn’t seem depend on whether they’re in the actual episode. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. It's always a pleasure to watch two pros have a ball.

Shaunnessy and Gati seemed to be having a ball too as Liesl tried to seduce Victor and he clapped back.

I don't mind Pip yelling at Mac, because I'm beyond sick and tired of people fresh out of surgery insisting to be discharged because they think they can save the world.

It's a TV trope. Me, I spent the first days after a surgery throwing up.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, this time it's Nina, siren extraordinaire, who's the catalyst, so of course there's an unimaginable level of anger from the older kids. She wrecked their happy home!

A home, as you point out, where neither Michael nor Joss are living.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I get that people hate hospitals, and think they are too important to stay in one after major surgery, but despite the weeks of recovery I had after my surgery, I loved staying in the hospital. Robotic leg massagers, food delivered to my bed, pain meds. It was great not to have to worry about anything but recovery for a few days. A hospital isn't going to keep you a minute longer than they have to (another problem with health care). 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope that makes sense.

Are you sure? I looked over the 2/14 credits and the 2/15 credits and he's not there. Avery Pohl is in the 2/14 ones, which make sense, but I didn't see him.

It's kind of bizarre, honestly.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I spent it telling everyone I loved them. I was still pretty gaga from the anesthesia.

25 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Are you sure?

Now I'm not, LOL. I know I've seen him in the credits recently, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Shocker, Harmony isn't Willow's birth mom. Zzzzz. Two birth certificates didn't make anyone wonder? Don't you only get one original? Or is it like death certificates, where any certified copy is an original, no matter how many copies there are.

• Love 2

I wish I could trust this show to be telling the truth re: this Joan woman and Willow, but I don't. I feel like we're still heading towards Nina miraculously being Willow's mom. And if that's the story they want to tell, TELL IT ALREADY! Quit teasing it. Does anyone honestly care anymore anyway? I'm already tired of the Nina drama w/Michael, Carly, and Josslyn and have been since it started so adding more is not good! I hope I'm wrong though. 

Brook Lynn's outfit was cute. She looked nice for once. And her blazer was a lighter material so that was nice! LOL! 

I'm not mad at Mac and Felicia for dropping Bailey back off to Brook Lynn. I guess that sets up the story for when Maxie comes back. 

Shut up, Michael. Even if he has a point, I hate the very sight of him! I had to mute his ranting. Carly's kids are obnoxious and insufferable! I hate them both! I need to stop looking up when I mute b/c when did Sonny justify what Nina did? Did I miss those scenes? Is him not wanting her to DIE justifying what she did?! Carly and her brats are so self-absorbed. They are incapable of seeing anything from another's POV. Guess they got it from their mama. 

Does anyone care about the CarSon marriage anymore? Anyone? Just let them divorce and be done w/it. Why must they be shown every freaking day?!? I can only assume the majority of fans still watching this show love them or something b/c there is no other justification for their complete domination of this show. It ridiculous! I honestly forgot Esme had recorded Joss/Cam b/c there was no follow up to that story. We were thrust in CarSon world right after the long awaited and talked about "trip" that took all of one episode. 

Nina and Willow bonded today. They are totally mother and daughter. 🙄 Darn this show for dragging out plot points to the point where no one cares. 

• Love 8

Today's Episode

oh yay we start with Millowtoin. Willow can't believe that she has no proof of her existence. She had a copy until she lost it. Michael blinks. Michael is thinking. He goes. Maybe Harmony doesn't have it. Willow goes. "She's hiding something from my birth?" Michael goes maybe this is why she's evasive. Willow is sadz that Harmony has been lying to her about her life her whole life.Now Willow is kinda ticked off about this potential lie, and NOW Michael tries to walk it back. (too late dumbo). Willow can't get ahold of Harmony and goes "I'm going to be late going to work." She splits and Sonny lumbers in going "have you seen your mother, I need to stop her before she makes a mistake/does something she'l regret."

Michael wants to know what Carly would do. Sonny is like i'm calling her office and the suite and no answer Michael is like is this because of the surprise that didn't go well?  Sonny is like did your mom say? Michael says Carly didn't want to talk about it. Sonny goes he screwed up and doesn't want Carly to do anything drastic. Michael goes like what? Sonny goes "Call a divorce lawyer." Michael goes look last time I talked to mom, Mom said she needed time, she mentioned nothing about divorce." Sonny goes "yah that was before she caught me with Nina." Michael's brain exploded. I love it. (Chad really only has 3 faces. it's kinda sad)

Michael was like why was she at the Haunted Star? Sonny goes to check on me. Michael goes she couldn't pick up the phone? Sonny goes she showed up, I was in a bad bad way, I thought Carly gave up on us, and things happened. MIchael goes you wanna clarify "things"?" Sonny goes No. Michael says wait so Carly got a surprise, just not the surprise she was expecting (hahaha yah that's one way to put it Michael). Anyway Michael starts ripping Sonny a new one about "how did you think this would make mom feel? " Sonny goes do you think I wanted Carly to see that? Michael goes. it's bad enough that you cheated that's disgusting. (MICHAEL SAYS. IT'S BAD THAT YOU CHEATED THAT'S DISGUSTING, yeah Michael let's talk about how disgusting it is to cheat with someone shall we?) "But you did with NINA?! the woman who kept you from your family for months?" Sonny goes it's complicated. I thought she was walking away. I didn't mean to hurt your mom. 

Michael goes. "No it's not. i mean forget the fact you BLEW BY YOUR WEDDING VOWS without taking a backwards glance." (oh my god. my head. it's exploding).  To sleep with a woman who lied for us for months. Who kept you hostage! (what? no). You make this big show about loyality, but then you do this? How could you be so stupid?" Sonny roars "WATCH IT!" Michael goes "oh yah, or else what?!? Sonny gives him a "bitch please," look.

Sonny goes "i'm still your father, show some respect." Michael goes "like you showed mom?" Sonny goes "what do you want from me." Michael goes "some decency would be nice." (God I loathe this brat). Sonny quasi infodumps.him about his frame of mind. Michael then goes. You know what. Mom DID show up, and even if she DIDN'T it doesn't give YOU the greenlight to sleep with someone else? (where was all of this when Michael was porking Willow who was married to his best friend?) Sonny goes "this is between me and your mother." Michael snarks "and Nina" Sonny starts to cry "and I need to stop your mother before she files for divorce."  Michael goes. "mom should totally file for divorce because you clearly chose Nina." Sonny basically goes. whatever, I'm tired of wasting my time here and walks off. Michael deploys " confused face".

Alexis tells Harmony that this is a safe place. Harmomy goes "I can't tell Willow the truth, becuse the truth is I'm not her mother." OMG. SHOCK.  I AM SO SHOCKED. (who cares, be thankful Harmony. this way you can avoid Corinthos drama). Anyway - info dump on Harmony's cult past, Pregnant Woman name Joan showed up gave birth, ditched the baby, the cult leader said that God wanted Harmony and Douglas to raise the baby and who was Harmony to question God. (well makes sense to me LOL). Harmony says the birth story was true, just I didn't give birth. Harmony says she didn't really care about anything but nurturing Willow. She was always worried about Joan coming back, so they ditched the commune.  Alexis is kinda floored but is totally team friend and goes well the baby was abandoned, you took care of her.  

Harmony explains why she never had the "adoption" conversation. She's scared the news will shatter the bond they had. 

Felicia babbles to Baileylou about being her "Mimi" She wants to hold her. BLQ says of course very sadly. Felicia is still gushing how Baileylou is going to wrap Mac around her finger. Felicia keeps calling her Louise and BLQ is like.... maybe cool it with Louise it's a strange name, she's used to Bailey BLQ tells Felicia Baileylou's nuances.. BLQ's heart is literally breaking. Felicia finally realizes it and goes. We'll treat her well i promise. And you can come to visit. BLQ is like great and runs off. Nina follows her. and Felicia tells Chase maybe he should follow her. He does and then Felicia babbles at Baileylou some more.  (okay this is where I am going to say - Baileylou shouldn't be a baby anymore.she was born around this time right? She should be one. first words, wobbly steps all that jazz.  this storyline shouldn't just be about keeping her safe. this should NOW be about Bailey wanting "her mother" BLQ, and not with strangers. Why do soaps always ignore this aspect with the amount of baby switches they do?)

Felicia is still babbling to the baby. Mac shows up. and Mac falls in love instantly. They all kiss the baby and Mac vows Peter will pay for what he did. Baileylou finally starts to breakdown and cries and Felicia is freaking out and she admits that Baileylou doesn't know us. She needs her mother. mac goes "or the closest thing she has for a mother."

BLQ is trying to escape on the elevator. Nina says Why don't we sit down and get a drink of water." BLQ says no i'm good. Nina says "I know how hard it was to give Bailey back with maxie missing." BLQ is like yah I miss Maxie, okay? But this is the plan, giving up Bailey I did that."  Nina goes. Look. you can CALL me you know if you need to talk. BLQ is like "not necessary. Thank God, Elevator, must go!" She dashes in, trying so hard not to cry, and Chase goes. "i've got this.

Nina looks sad. turns the corner and sees Willow. "OMG IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH WILEY?!" Nina asks. Willow deploys righteous bitch face. 

She goes Wiley is fine, I'm here for Class. Nina is trying to make conversation but Willow doesn't have time for her. Mini-infodump for Willow about BQ, but Willow doesn't care.. Nina says i know you said I can see Wiley if we could have peace, but if there is NO chance of peace- will I be able to see Wiley? (SUE. FOR. CUSTODY. NINA).

Nina is basicaly being dismissive as Nina babbles how Wiley is the only living family she has. Willow talks about her childhood being hard. Nina talks about how she grew up. They bond over their crappy childhoods.

Joss and Carly squeal about seeing each other. Joss asks Carly if she's fine. Carly is fine. Apparently Carly sees Donna/avery still every morning. Joss goes I know. I was told that. just before Avery asked her when is she coming home to stay? (this is so dumb. Avery should be asking for Ava not Carly). Joss says she't not putting Carly on the spot she's just a "bad big sister" when she can't answer avery's questions. 

Carly says tell her the truth - Joss doesn't know. Joss wants to know the truth about Carly. Joss is like is like i worried. I watch you fight for our family. Sonny came home, and it's not a happy celebration and reunion but it's lies and coverups. I don't blame you for leaving, but I need to know you have someone to lean on, esp as Jason is gone."

Joss goes I miss Jason SO much and If I'm feeling this way, what are you feeling? Carly goes. I miss Jason, especially when I need him the most. Joss goes I have me. Carly is like. it's okay. Infodump me about the cabin. Joss does this. again just listening to this infodump makes me wonder A: how Joss and Carly aren't dead from hypcrosity., B: WHY people are their friends. Anyway. Joss goes on how ommggg Spencer is spoiled, and entitled. but when he wants to be he can be a good friend, but he's not when Esme is around, she invented Sex as far as Spencer's around. (and Carly has this look on this face as in you think she's gonna ask Joss if she and Cam had sexytimes but Carly basically goes "I know EXACTLY what you mean." aka she's thinking about Sonny and Nina).

Joss wants to help Cary. Carly goes you do by just existing. Carly tells joss the marriage is over. Joss wants to know if this is about Nina. OMG! It is about Nina! Did you catch them together? Carly goes "you can say that." Joss goes that piece of.... And Nina! NINA pretending she's all innocent and contrite! She's trying to get our family!! Carly is like i know, I know. And I'm never going to underestimate Nina again. But sonny is responsible for his actions. Joss snarls I KNOW!. Michael texts Carly saying Sonny is on the way and Sonny knocks and actually grins. haha. (god i hate this family). 

Carly tells Joss to leave. they say i love you and Joss stands in front of Sonny gives him a once over and walks past him with disgust (you know if she had given him a letter she'd demand it back and rip it up in front of Sonny that's Joss's play).  Sonny goes "if looks can kill."

Carly goes  I didn't tell my daughter but my daughter is smart and figured out what a snake Nina is. Sonny is like whatever I'm here to stop you from making a big mistake. They bicker. I'm not recapping it. it's the same crap. Carly basically goes It's divorce. She gets upset when she realizes Sonny knows about the lawyer, she wants to know if Sonny is spying on her. Sonny goes no - it was on the calendar. He goes let's not go though a lawyer let's talk.Carly goes no. 

Portia and Curtis meet up and want to schedule sexytimes. But Curtis says what if there is another option of where said sexytimes will be had. Portia looks confused. lol Anyway - Curtis is saying he's going to give Auntie his apartment, and Curtis is finding a new place, and wants it to belong to both of them. Portia... doesn't look too happy about that.  but it was a fake out look because she's happy and they wanna look together. (I mean y'all JUST had sexytimes but whatever). they kiss.

BLQ and Chase are at the beach house. BLQ thinks Chase wants to leave since there is no more reason to live together anymore since Baileylou is gone. BLQ realises the toy Baileylou loves is there, and BLQ goes what kind of mother is she to let the baby go without her favourite toy? She legit breaksdown and goes "how can I do this? tell me how to do this?!  She calms down and admits she never realized it would be so hard. Chase goes it's hard giving up someone you love.  They almost kiss. doorbell rings. it's Felicia with Baileylou. 

Joss  and Michael meet up. Joss is like the tenson was real. It took all my powers not to rage at sonny. Michael goes I'm pissed off at Sonny too. Joss is like Is Sonny a different person? anyway Joss is ranting and raving about Nina and Sonny. Joss goes Nina wanted to tear our family, she wanted sonny and she's never going to stop. Michael looks tired. I don't blame him. recaping two shrews  and two morons is tiring

-----

Alexis goes we are way behind getting legal paperwork. Harmony is sad. She doesn't want to lie. but Willow won't forgive me. Alexis goes you've turned your life around.. now do what's best for for Willow. 

Willow goes she is sad about not having a good mom example. nina goes. willow you don't need an example. You ARE the example.

Felicia goes the best thing for Louise is having Baileylou with the people she knows and loves. that's CLQ. BLQ is ecstatic. They are all happy and Chase is like I'm sticking around. BLQ is like yeup!

Portia is gushing about the new house potential. Portia is like move in with me now, and we can look for a new place. Curtis asks about Trina. Portia goes Trina will want me to be happy. and it's Me time.. They reassure each other this is the right time. 

Sonny is like is that it? Carly is like yeup. Nothing to talk about. You made your choice, I'm making mine. Carly doens't want apologizes. they are over. Sonny is like I'm gonna leave you alone for now. Carly glares at him (can these two please just die?)  Both look sadz/split camera screen

Show finally ends. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I called Willow being Nina’s daughter the moment they brought up the birth certificate. Of course they would retcon a story no one cared about that they already pointlessly dragged out for years because it can now be even more about Carly and Nina. 

• Love 3

Harmony is still lying about Willow. Plus there was that long ass scene with Willow and Nina about their upbringing. Of course, Willow doesn't know that Nina and Sonny were canoodling the night before, so I'm assuming that this news will take them about a thousand steps back. I was rooting really hard for Chase and BL.

The babies playing Bailey are such good babies. But I'm relieved that she's back with BL and Chase. It was pretty sad watching BL being all torn up about giving her up, but I'm thinking that this is going to make it worst. I'm thinking that Maxie will be gone from PC for a while. 

Since Willow knows that Chase and BL were taking care of Maxie's baby, I'm thinking that Michael knows too. How about an apology to Chase, asshat, for going off on him about making you feel guilty for doing his wife? I still remember, you disgusting, cheating prick.

Speaking of cheating pricks. Sonny. Go off and die, somewhere. And writers, the split screen? A bit much. Sonny and Carly do this once every five or ten years, then they get back together and the world is a better place because they are contained. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I called Willow being Nina’s daughter the moment they brought up the birth certificate. Of course they would retcon a story no one cared about that they already pointlessly dragged out for years because it can now be even more about Carly and Nina. 

so like. was Madeline "joan" faking being pregnant, got Nina's baby and dropped her off. I don't know. Do I care? No.  The thing is Nina being Nelle's mom (to me) makes more sense. but i guesss the next best thing is if Nina IS Willow's mom. this will piss off Michael so small favours.

• Love 7

Shut up, Michael. You and Willow were sneaking behind Chase's back just last year. Remember fucking during your son's birthday party? You have no moral high horse here, even if your nimrod father cheated with siren extraordinaire Nina. Ugh, Michael is insufferable. (And yeah, Chad does have a super limited array of expressions.)

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Show finally ends. 

LOL.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Michael. You and Willow were sneaking behind Chase's back just last year. Remember fucking during your son's birthday party? You have no moral high horse here, even if your nimrod father cheated with siren extraordinaire Nina. Ugh, Michael is insufferable. (And yeah, Chad does have a super limited array of expressions.)

LOL.

it drives me crazy. the Maxie/Peter episode was SOOOO good. and then it was just... three days in a row of Carly/Sonny legit dragging it down. and then today  honestly the reason why it wasn't done by show end was basically my hands meeting my forehead every threee seconds - basically because of that)

Michael screwed his best friend's girlfriend and then wife but its okay - because Michael and willow were in love. AND Chase lied. AND Chase was dying so they were trying to be nice. AND who cares about Jackie and Gonzo, Finn and Violet because Michael and Willow were in love. 

But if Sonny does it. WELL YOU ARE JUST SATAN. 

I do wonder though - if they ARE going to do something with Baileylou staying with BLQ.  She's been deploying "mommy" a LOT. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Michael screwed his best friend's girlfriend and then wife but its okay - because Michael and willow were in love. AND Chase lied. AND Chase was dying so they were trying to be nice. AND who cares about Jackie and Gonzo, Finn and Violet because Michael and Willow were in love. 

This is what makes Michael's line to Drew about him being a good guy winning the girl so laughable. Take a seat and STFU, Milktoast, you're not a good guy at all. You think you are a good guy, but you're not. 

You're the goddamn worst!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Today's Episode

Carly tells Joss to leave. they say i love you and Joss stands in front of Sonny gives him a once over and walks past him with disgust (you know if she had given him a letter she'd demand it back and rip it up in front of Sonny that's Joss's play).  Sonny goes "if looks can kill."

The idea of Joss giving Sonny a letter, asking for it back to tear it up in his face is so hilarious and wonderful! I find it hard to believe Sonny at all cares what she thinks. But man between the Jason missing (still??) and Carly’s kids being extra Carly-ish today sounds rough. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I actually cried real tears when Ned, Olivia, Brooklyn and Chase where all taking pics with BaileyLou and saying goodbye.  The heartbreaking part is that she won’t even remember any of this (a blessing for her I guess) but it’s absolute hell for all of the adults.  Especially Brooklyn.  It just really hit me in the feels.

”I don’t cahoot.”  Ha!!  I needed that little moment of levity. 

• Love 3

Michael and Joss: "Sonny has never expressed any remorse for hurting our mother" conveniently forgetting the 6 week grovelling tour to Carly.

"It was all I could do not to lose my mind on [Sonny]."  If I would have said that at 19, my mother would have figuratively smacked me into next week even if she was mad at my dad. Both Joss and Michael are spoiled brats but Carly unloads too much on to her children, especially Joss who feels the need to take care of her mother. It's a pretty dysfunctional.

Portia, maybe give a thought to your daughter who lives with you when she's not in the dorm when you agree to move in with a man you've only been dating a couple of months. She may be starting out in her new life but she still lives with you. At least Curtis thought of poor Trina.

Baby Bailey looking at Brook Lynn for direction and then smiling at her when Felicia asks to hold her is one of those things that you can't buy for a million dollars.  Also so cute smiling at Chase and Brook Lynn when Felicia brings her there. You can tell that the babies are very comfortable with AS.

Irony: Willow is whining to Nina how her mother didn't love her enough while Harmony is telling Alexis that she wanted Willow so much that she left the commune so that 'Joan' wouldn't come back and take her.

How long was Willow in the commune anyway? She talks like they were there till she was about 10 while Harmony gave the impression that they left when Willow was quite young.

28 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Further proof that since getting involved with Michael, Willow has stopped thinking. 

#DescartesFanFirst

Brilliant!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"It was all I could do not to lose my mind on [Sonny]."  If I would have said that at 19, my mother would have figuratively smacked me into next week even if she was mad at my dad. Both Joss and Michael are spoiled brats but Carly unloads too much on to her children, especially Joss who feels the need to take care of her mother. It's a pretty dysfunctional.

to the last part - I always feel like i have to take care of my mom. She's my mom. and I know if it were reversed she'd do everything to take care of me. sometimes if my mom is REALLY upset, she will unload on me and i think that's healthier than keeping it bottled up. But at the same time I can also say she probably wouldn't have done that when I was 19. but my mom and I were (and are) always close so I don't really think it's dysfunctional to want to take care/be there for your parent if you are close. 

But I will say - it just feels that Carly has a Lorelai relationship with Joss whch is basically they treat each other as BFFS vs. daughter/mother and I think that's wrong (so maybe that's what you mean about dysfunctional?) I just feel that neither one of them have some sort of boundaries and I've never seen Carly really go "no i am your mother, enough." 

Sonny snarling to Michael (in his old age LOL) that he's still his father, is my mom though. forget 19 - if i talked to my mom like that today my mom would literally smack me into next week. No matter how mad i am at people (in my family) who are older than me, my mother's first thing if i start crossing a line is "they are your elder, show SOME respect, even if you don't like them). 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Baby Bailey looking at Brook Lynn for direction and then smiling at her when Felicia asks to hold her is one of those things that you can't buy for a million dollars.  Also so cute smiling at Chase and Brook Lynn when Felicia brings her there. You can tell that the babies are very comfortable with AS.

I know! I think the actors may have been spending a lot of time with the babies. Like the interaction is effortless. When she smiled at BL when she came up behind Chase was a hit in the feels. The whole thing felt very real, and that Bailey was really coming home to her parents. 

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How long was Willow in the commune anyway? She talks like they were there till she was about 10 while Harmony gave the impression that they left when Willow was quite young.

I think they left commune #1 when Willow was two. Then landed at another commune. It sounds like the family went from one place to the other. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny snarling to Michael (in his old age LOL) that he's still his father, is my mom though. forget 19 - if i talked to my mom like that today my mom would literally smack me into next week. No matter how mad i am at people (in my family) who are older than me, my mother's first thing if i start crossing a line is "they are your elder, show SOME respect, even if you don't like them). 

Mooby is only SLS's father because he, Mooby, put AJ on a meat hook and forced him to sign away his parental rights. So I don't even consider Mooby to be his father. And while I loathe and despise the SLS too, I don't really care about their relationship; if he fails to "show respect" well, look who raised him.

• Love 5

The only good outcome to this Millow story is  Carlys head explpdong when she finds out Michael not only slept with one of Nina's children, but is dating the other one...oh and Millowtonin break up, and Willow gets her spark back thatbshe had before that Corinthos succubus took it from her.

Michael and Joss make me miss Morgan so much. Cause at least with Morgan, he gave you entertainment and drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

and then today  honestly the reason why it wasn't done by show end was basically my hands meeting my forehead every threee seconds - basically because of that)

Well I am glad that you were able to finish it, I hope your forehead isn't bruised, but it has saved me the agony of watching it on the PVR tonight. well maybe I will just ff so I can see cutie patoooti BailyLu

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Well I am glad that you were able to finish it, I hope your forehead isn't bruised, but it has saved me the agony of watching it on the PVR tonight. well maybe I will just ff so I can see cutie patoooti BailyLu

Fast Forward the rest but be sure and see Bailey returned to Brooklyn and Chase. I don't wish Maxie any harm, but those three are so sweet together and I dread the day Bailey goes back to Maxie.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

Fast Forward the rest but be sure and see Bailey returned to Brooklyn and Chase. I don't wish Maxie any harm, but those three are so sweet together and I dread the day Bailey goes back to Maxie.

Me too. They've really grown on me. But I really like the respect everyone has for one another in this situation. I don't need to see another fight over a baby ever. They still manage to have drama in this storyline without that.  Damn, I nearly shed a tear when BL handed the baby over to Felicia, and I haven't cried over a soap in decades.

It will be sad when she has to give Bailey back, but hopefully we get a nice scene of her and Chase becoming Bailey's godparents.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

But I will say - it just feels that Carly has a Lorelai relationship with Joss whch is basically they treat each other as BFFS vs. daughter/mother and I think that's wrong (so maybe that's what you mean about dysfunctional?) I just feel that neither one of them have some sort of boundaries and I've never seen Carly really go "no i am your mother, enough." 

Which is super weird because at least with Gilmore Girls, the reason that Lorelai treated Rory as her BFF is because Lorelai was only 16 when she had her, no more than a child herself. Carly was in her late 30s when she had Joss. 

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Which is super weird because at least with Gilmore Girls, the reason that Lorelai treated Rory as her BFF is because Lorelai was only 16 when she had her, no more than a child herself. Carly was in her late 30s when she had Joss. 

yeah. the only thing i can explain (before you know, they shoved Donna on us) is that Joss was really supposed to be Carly's last kid, she had the really troublesome pregnancy on top of being kidnapped and dealing with the whole Claudia thing, right into the custody battle with Jax. like Joss was the miracle baby, Carly only girl.  and she had to fight so hard to even have her etc, so she doesn't just wanna be a mom, she wants to be her best friend, her everything. That's all i've got really. 

(like with Lorelai she overcompensated by being BFFs with Rory, because she and her mom were so opposite etc - and of course, the 16 year old thing does come into play but then Carly's emotionally 12 so..)

2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

RECAST NOW

Oh, my sweet summer child. Don't you know that ship has sailed? 

If CD with his very limited talent wasn't recast 10 years ago, he won't be recast now. In any case, I'd rather Michael is killed, the body is shown, then cremated to make sure he doesn't rise again** 

** I know it's a soap.

1 hour ago, VioletMarx said:

It will be sad when she has to give Bailey back, but hopefully we get a nice scene of her and Chase becoming Bailey's godparents.

It's likely headed down that road. But I think Chase and BL are headed for a baby of their own sooner rather than later. There were all sorts of anvils falling from the sky yesterday.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Michael in a scene is an insufferable asshole.

Joss in a scene is an insufferable asshole.

Together?  It's unbearable.  Honestly, the amount of self-righteous idiocy the two of them continually spout makes it obvious that that is a genetic trait straight from their mother.    I mean, those four seconds 5 years ago when Michael shunned Carly and Sonny were the only time he had a chance to be a rootable character.  Who decided giving Carly's children a carbon copy of her obnoxious personality was a good idea? 

Also, LOL at Joss calling Nina "a monster."  Girl, look at your role models.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 16

BL shouldn't be handing the baby over to anyone until the birth certificate was changed. She's the legal mother.

Also Felicia and Mac acted like they were the parents bringing home the baby. Which not surprising since they raise Maxie's other kids. Maxie won't raise this one either. Leave her as Bailey. 

• Love 4