Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Maybe Chase has to give up his apartment and Monica invites him to move into the Q mansion so he can spend time with Bailey and the proximity to BLQ will lead to shenanigans.  On the plus side - hot man holding a baby and may lead to Willow realizing Michael is his mother's son if Chase is literally there all the time to compare. On the minus side - Michael's "dog taking a shit" face whenever he sees Chase.

‘Dog taking a shit’ is probably also Michael’s signature yoga pose.

12 hours ago, mehtotheworld said:

Michael is the most infuriatingly bland character. All this crazy shit happens to him, but he’s just not compelling enough to hold people’s attention, so they have to resort to tossing even more shit at him. Also, his final interaction with Willow today was so infantilizing. Like shouldn’t you actually talk about how Willow held back super important information instead of sweeping it under the rug as just her being the victim of Nina’s manipulation? It’s like the writers want to make it seem like he’s supportive and their relationship is so healthy, but it’s actually just him overlooking any agency, feelings, faults, etc., that she has. The brother/sister chemistry also doesn’t help. What a miserable pairing. 

Does this show actually think punching a senior citizen with all your might is anything other than gross as hell, or do they hate Michael just as much as I do? Even if his weak baby punch barely seemed to have any effect, I can’t believe anyone thinks this is leading man material.

I have hated Carly for over 25 years now, and I really don’t want to have to deal with characters inevitably fawning over her to talk about how strong she is to deal with her husband’s lies and infidelity blah blah blah. Sonny was surprisingly interesting today. If this were a better soap, I’d be intrigued to see how he works through those feelings about Nina. Knowing GH, however, I expect way too much groveling to Carly and apologizing to snot faced Michael and Joss, and little to no introspection by any party womp womp 

To make it ever worse, Michael is supposed to be trained as a boxer.  They regularly show him working a heavy bag at that gym.

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not Michael laying hands on my beloved, victorious Scotty!  Scotty absolutely should have him arrested for assault BECAUSE THAT'S AN ACTUAL CRIME UNLIKE THE FRAUD YOU TRIED TO PUSH THROUGH, MIKEY.

Apparently Diane already negotiated a settlement with Scott.  Given the circumstances, he should have gotten a few million.  Given that Michael’s prior violent felony conviction would get him serious prison time.  Plus I’m sure Scott would rather hav the money.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Some police still get paid when they are on suspension. Ok maybe that is just in Canada (strong police unions)

I agree, the last 3 days were actual appointment TV which GH hasnt been for a long time.

I wish they would have let the charges stick on Michael but I hope at least Scott got  Leisl and his fun trip to St Lucia out of it, I hope we get to see that.

I'm still not convinced on MB's acting rising to the story. I just think his twitching, stunned style of line delivery fits the story.

Actually interesting you say that, because watching that scene I was having an flashback feeling of almost losing my shit in that kind of conversation. Ok to be truthful, I did LOSE my shit! OMG Carly had more control then me 😆🤣

In NY there is no way that the police union contract would allow for Mac to unilaterally put Chase in suspension for something minor like this that took place outside of work.  There would be an investigation and a hearing at a minimum,  where Chase would have a union rep defending him.  He also would be getting laid regardless.

Much like all the courtroom stuff, this has no basis in reality.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Today's Show

It's a new (night) LOL in PC!

Portia and Curtis are celebrating NY. Curtis is being smooth and kissing up Portia. they are all romancing. it's sweet. But go back to the drama. 

Col. Tad  is with Lucy and Col. Tad is like. "Um is Val here?" Lucy is WTF? Col. Tad tells Lucy what's up with Val's ultimatum. Lucy is like you chose me? Col. Tad is like. Why chose? Val's not here, you are here, let's have our hummingbird cake and eat it too.  Col Tad is like let's go to my place. Lucy is like okay! Val and Anna are at the door, and Tad is like okay through the back! They can't and Col Tad is like what are we going to do? Lucy goes "Dump Val as a client and pick me!" (little cut out). Lucy asks Maxie to help her escape. Maxie goes "I've got your back."

Val and Anna are talking in Kelly's. Anna is like are you here about Mistah Sheffield? Val is like no. I'm here because i'm tired of tiptoing around each other, let's celebrate 2022 the best way I know how, with each other.

Drew is at Sam's. he promised Scout to show up. Drew bought Scout 2022 glasses and noise makers. Scout asks if Drew can stay until Midnight. Drew's heart melts. (mine does too kinda) Drew says he can't but he gives her an airplane ride. I'm glad Scout is a bit more comfortable with Drew now. 

Joss doesn't want to have sexy times with Cam because Carly has a drama. (they were gonna have it at Jax's house. um. I don't think Jax would approve of that, Joss)  Michael says Dante found Sonny. Willow is still blaming. Michael is saying it's not you SONNY Should have told the truth At least he's putting the blame on Sonny now. Carly takes down Sonny's stocking. Willow apologizes. Carly tears into Willow and goes did it ever occur to you to tell me?  

MIchael goes. "mom willow is here to apologise." Willow is like I had no choice, Carly's like. nope. you had a choice, you coulda told me but ya kept it to yourself. Willow's like am I supposed to tell you Nina and Sonny's love story when he didn't know who he was. (no but you SHOULD have told Sonny, so HE could have been forewarned and told Carly, just sayin, instead of yelling at Nina). Willow is trying to smooth over, and Carly is making whaever faces.  Carly is like  "is that why you didn't tell me, or did Nina tell you not to."  MIchael is like. i's not Willow's fault. It's Nina's fault! Joss goes "yah She let Sonny keep thinking he was Mike!" Carly cares not about this and asks Willow again. Willow goes yeah. Carly's like did you know? Michael goes no. And Carly hahahahhaha goes hahaha (sorry i can't stop laughing). with righteous bitch face goes: "And are you okay with that? Are you okay with the fact that Willow chose Nina over us? over the family who welcomed her in with open arms?" HAHAAA. Willow. you made this bed girl. #loveit. 

Willow goes I saw you guys were happy, why change it? Carly snaps "coz you knew he was in love with someone else!" Michael (who we'll point out did NOT answer Carly's question- take note Willow), is like "Look, I'm not defending Dad, but it was Mike! He doesn't exist!" Carly is like "I ASKED SONNY POINT BLANK LAST NIGHT If he had feelings for Nina and he couldn't answer me." Michael's face drops. Joss is like. :( "Has Sonny been cheating on you?" Carly goes "He says no." Joss "do you believe him?" Carly "I don't know!" Me: maybe you should be having this conversation when you know more? Carly says she doesn't know what to believe when part of Sonny is with nina and Nixon Falls.

Carly is now praying to Jason. LOL he's really Jaysus now, y'all. 

Joss and Michael are like Sonny is bad for doing this. Carly comes in and apologizes to everyone (including willow, but Willow... take notes). 

Maxie is like girl be happy that you are free. Nina is whinging that Scott got her off but blew up her life and Sonny and Carly's. Maxie got infodumped off screen and Maxie goes "that's SOO dramatic. but how did Willow know?" Eavesdropping."But how did Scott know?" Nina goes i dunno, and then Lisel bursts in wishing HNY's in german and they glare at her. "Whut?!" goes Lisel. Nina is like it's you who told everything! Lisel bubbles "GUILTY!" Nina is like Lisel! "Vut?!" "You could have ruined Sonny and Carly's marriage!" "So?! CHAMPAGNE!" Lisel. i love you. Nina is like you destroyed my life. Lisel goes so more reasons to drink. Plus I didn't destroy your life I saved it. Something cut. but Scotty is there  and nina is still whinging. (GIRL. YOU ARE NOT IN JAIL SHUT UP). Scotty says the same thing. Nina is like I would have taken that risk. Scotty claps back, "Oh i didn't know that the Corinthii's morale means that much to you, maybe you should have told them about Sonny a year ago." haaaaha. HAAAH. HAAAAHHHH.  Nina is like "That's it i can't stay here." Lisel is like you didn't have to rub Nina's mistake in her face. . Scotty is like :( are we fighting. 

Scotty gives gifts to Liz's boys. He apologizes to Violet and gives her five bucks. Cam and Aiden are like what's up. with these gifts? Cam rags that they are old fashioned music stuffs. (haha). Scotty goes it's Franco's music, we can keep his memory alive. Liz looks sad.  Scotty thinks he messed things up, and Liz is like nah, Cam said the same thing. Scotty goes, look this family is my heart, Finn don't mess things up. Finn goes, don't worry they are mine too. Scotty goes but don't tell anyone i have a heart. Finn goes "who would believe me?" (hahahahaa. these lines today are so funny.) Finn and Liz wash and Liz takes off her ring. They eat up, and come back. and Liz can't find her ring. Finn rescues it from the drain but Liz doesn't put it back on

Sonny and Dante are talking. Sonny is like BUT I DIDN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH NINA, MIKE DID. What if i LOOSEE her. (then your dumbass should have said this day one instead of gaslighting Carly, just sayin') they keep saying that Mike doesn't exist. so Carly should get with the programme and forgive him already. Dante's like y'all break up all the time. you'll get back to Carly because there's nothing with Nina. Right? Sonny looks at Dante. Sonny dodges. Dante goes back with look love is chemical it's notyour fault. It's nina's fault. Shut up Dante

Sonny infodumps about what a chicken poop man he is. Note how Sonny isn't admitting that he didn't want to know who he was. Coward. Sonny admits that Mike is still a part of him, and that piece of Mike loves Nina. (and that's what you should tell your wife, you turd) Sonny is like but! Nina is like an ex!! She'll fade away! I LOVE CARLY. Dante is like.. okay but it won't happen when you are drunk. Sonny goes it needs to fade tomorrow since it's New Years lol. Dante goes let me go drop you off. Sonny goes No i'm fine. They hug, and then Dante steals his keys.

Dante shows up at Sam. Dante and Drew have an awkward moment and Drew splits. Sam says "Drew, any time." Dante has a look. but goes you don't have to explain.  drew looks at the door and then walks off.

Carly is going to split. Joss is like she's gonna be okay? MIchael is like well you know how mom is. Joss is like. Well! Okay! Time to go have sexy times with Cam! BYEE!!!!. Millowtonin is like we aren't in the mood to celebrate. 

They count down at the savoy. kisses!! lol Lucy and Col Tad get away! (go get some y'all). lmao Val and Anna are making out on the floor. 

Nina is at Charlie's. Sonny turns around. 

We got some sexy times with Portia and Curtis. 
Anna and Val are still making out. hah
Nina is saying hi to Phyllis. Sonny is like not here, I'm gonna go. He realizes no keys. Nina goes you shouldn't drive, I'll drive where you need to go.  Sonny goes okay and downs more champagne. then goes "let's go."

Liz puts the ring in the kitchen drawer. and hugs Finn. 
Cam + kids are watching fireworks. Joss is like yah i need to kiss you.Aiden and violet giggle. 

Carly is at the bridge. she whispers Jason's name. Drew shows up. NO. NO. DON'T YOU DARE SHOW.

• Love 10

Did I see that right?  Did Carly actually apologize to someone she thought wronged her?  

Nina: something something Carly and Sonnys marriage destroyed.
Liesel: Pity.  More champagne.
Liesel wins today's show.

Anyway, I actually didn't think Carly was that annoying this episode. I feel like she had a right to be mad that Sonny didn't tell her about Nina.  I didn't think she was that out of line for confronting Willow, especially since she apologized about 5 minutes later.  I almost thought Michael was going to turn on Willow when Carly was confronting her because he realized how evil she was, but everybody was actually pretty reasonable. At least for them.

Might not be a good idea to let Nina drive you wherever you want to go, though, Sonny.

• Love 8

I enjoyed the Sonny/Dante conversation b/c it was real. Feelings don't just fade or go away just b/c you are angry w/someone. It's normal for Sonny to be conflicted. I am glad he was able to have a chat w/Dante and not be judged.  I just wish the same kind of writing could have been given to Brucas. Instead of Lucas just ditching his husband w/o a second thought, it would have made more sense for him to be conflicted. Oh well. I have enjoyed this week, esp. since we actually got some drama from this dragged out story. It didn't end in a whimper like the other plots. 

I knew Nina was going to the Tan-O . . . . oops . . . I mean Charlie's! I loved what Scott told Nina! If Nina cared so much about not hurting Sonny or his family, then she should have called Michael and told him where Sonny was! It wasn't mean. It was the truth. 

I haven't really been paying attn to Fiz, but I liked the part where Liz doubted that Finn could get her ring. LOL! That was funny. I knew that ring was going down the drain when we saw her place it on the counter. And it may be the Friz fan in me, but I think Liz should have put that ring on a chain to make a necklace. 

Loved the Valentin/Anna scenes! 

The actor who plays Curtis has a nice body!! He's very attractive. That said, I couldn't care less about the Curtis/Portia relationship. 

Millow is a such a boring couple. There is no conflict w/them at all. I wonder why the show doesn't want to create any internal drama w/them. 

ETA: Why did Drew have to show up on that bridge? I sure hope he's not Carly's replacement BFF?!?! No thanks! 

And did I sense the start of a triangle with Dante/Sam/Drew today? It seemed like it. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9

LOL at Scott giving Violet $5.

32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Liesel wins today's show.

Liesl pretty much wins every day's show she's on.

Nina, Sonny and Carly wrecked their marriage, not Liesl. Take off the hair shirt and start living your life again. Good lord. The pity parties this show lets its characters indulge in is so annoying.

The Sonny/Dante talk was really good. Sonny for once was honest about what was going on, and Dante didn't do anything except prod him to keep figuring it out.

Kind of ironic that the NYC station is playing a bunch of "don't drive buzzed/driving buzzed is driving drunk" and we have a buzzed Sonny saying he can take care of himself. At least they had someone else drive him.

LOL at Elizabeth's disbelief at Finn's plumbing prowess.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Curtis just leave his club on the biggest night of his year to have sex? 

This is the show that had Michael and Willow have sex during their son's birthday party, so I'd say that's a yes.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I sure hope he's not Carly's replacement BFF?!?

I don't have a problem with BFF so long as there isn't a side order of disgusting sexy times because it will piss  me off that they are giving CamMath/Drew to freakin' Carly when he should be going to Liz.  Or Maxie.  Or basically ANYONE who's current name isn't Corinthos.  

• Love 10
Just now, perkie1968 said:

I don't have a problem with BFF so long as there isn't a side order of disgusting sexy times because it will piss  me off that they are giving CamMath/Drew to freakin' Carly when he should be going to Liz.  Or Maxie.  Or basically ANYONE who's current name isn't Corinthos.  

it bothers me because from what i heard Carly ditched drew like a bad habit when she found out he wasn't Jason

• Love 10

Sonny: "What if Carly doesn't forgive me?"   Me: Then you should count yourself lucky you dodged the rest of your life with her.

"I'm not in the mood to celebrate" says Michael. "Yeah, me neither" parrots Willow. Did I miss the episode where her brain was extricated?

In the same way that Michael is abusive to Willow, Carly is like that to Sonny. It shouldn't be  a deal broker that "Mike" had feelings for someone else while he had amnesia. Carly should be yes, but it's not like Sonny knowingly cheated on her. He didn't even cheat on her.

When Sonny was thanking Dante for being such a good son, did he remember that he shot him and tried to kill him a few years ago.

There is a lovely irony in the fact that Dante taking Sonny's keys is the reason he goes off with Nina at the end.

Everyone blaming Nina for the Sonny situation is completely ridiculous.  Sonny skates on not telling Carly, Willow skates on knowing the secret and not standing up to Carly by making it Sonny's decision not to tell her.

Did Curtis just leave his club on the biggest night of his year to have sex?  The way they shot that scene, it was very close to his sex scenes with Jordan. Bad to make me remember.

Drew and Carly .... Noooooooo! The man just survived years of torture, don't make him do more.

To my shock, the only one of those couples that I'm interested in are Sonny and Carly., and Lucy/Martin for the comedy. Moderate interest in Anna and Valentin. Don't want a Dante/Sam/Drew triangle but would prefer it to Drew/Carly. Speaking of which, where is Danny?

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it bothers me because from what i heard Carly ditched drew like a bad habit when she found out he wasn't Jason

Yeah. I remember even if the writers don't.

29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny admits that Mike is still a part of him, and that piece of Mike loves Nina. (and that's what you should tell your wife, you turd)

Admit it to Carly? She'd never listen, she'd be too busy attacking him and having a pity party that if only Jason were still here, she would be happy.

18 hours ago, racked said:

Think the actress was just portraying a peeved professor.

I've been around academics for a long time including being 24 years married to a sociology prof and I've never seen a professor enter a class so aggressively especially the first class of a course. It was very OTT but this is a soap opera after all.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

See I can’t even stomach them being friends. We know what Carly desires out of her friends. She’ll insist on being number 1 and to agree with everything she thinks. No one except brain damaged Jason should be willing to put up with that, especially since it’ll be one sided. 

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

MIchael goes. "mom willow is here to apologise."

So she has to apologize for telling the truth?

48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly's like. nope. you had a choice, you coulda told me but ya kept it to yourself.

Nope, just not telling the truth to Carly.  Gotcha.  Also, as someone pointed out the other day, Willow's correct response should've been "it wasn't my secret to tell," at which time a bell would ring in Berkeley on Robin's Christmas tree and she would cackle with glee.

49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly is at the bridge. she whispers Jason's name. Drew shows up. NO. NO. DON'T YOU DARE SHOW.

You suck, show.

• Love 13

Also I’ll add that if they want us to feel sympathy for Carly because her amnesiac husband fell for another woman, maybe have her go more than a day without crying about her true love Jason- the guy she was about to sleep with before Sonny walked in the door and said she has always loved.

That’s kind of a much bigger betrayal considering Sonny hasn’t so much as kissed Nina since he got his memories back. she’s coming off more like she’s disappointed that her fallback guy isn’t here. I don’t know, we’ve watched Sonny/Carly be so toxic for decades that this is Disney channel angst for them in comparison 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I AM NOT OK WITH THIS EITHER. Someone one here posted about a possible Carly/Drew pairing which is something I never even considered nor do I want in any way so of course it’s happening. JUST NO. Put him with back with Sam, Britt, shit even Maxie.

I loved Liesl’s exuberance at being the whistleblower. That was so awesome. 

Loved all the kissy couples, although I couldn’t stop thinking about covid but they were still all cute. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

There would be an investigation and a hearing at a minimum,  where Chase would have a union rep defending him.  He also would be getting laid regardless.

I'm sure it's an autocorrect/typo, but I enjoyed it. I guess the unions in the North really are more powerful than the ones in the South! My union never guaranteed sex. 😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

And this is what i've been pretty much saying to people who keep bashing Nina on twitter/youtube comments (the things I do because of the insomnia i have). They keep going that Carly told Sonny about Jason.  But it's not like you could hide the fact that they got married or the fact that Sonny walked in on them in the bed room about to get nekkid. For the life of me, I can't remember if Carly + Jason told Sonny that they actually fell "in love" and not to mention - no matter how they wanna play it-Carly has been in love with Jason FOR. YEARS.. If Jason ever once showed one iota of interest, everyone knows Carly would have ditched  Sonny like a bad habit. 

So while I get Carly has the right to be upset for being lied to and gaslit by Sonny. the first thing she does is go outside and go Jason, i need you. She needs to think and so she goes to Jason's bridge? Like Jason has constantly been the third person in that marriage and Carly warped Sonny into believing that's natural.

The thing is both of these guys had lives move on. but with Carly it's more of "wait I wasn't #1? that's not right." (and maybe that's not fair. but again it's not even clicking in that. he had amnesia and had a life outside of her. She couldn't even accept that aspect either. She was allowed to. but how dare Sonny. It's not excusing Sonny for not telling her but like as @statsgirl said, would Carly even have listened?)

30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Sonny was thanking Dante for being such a good son, did he remember that he shot him and tried to kill him a few years ago

this enters my thought every time Dante says i love you or they hug. Its like. If Sonny had had his way you would be dead, and if it turned out Olivia was wrong and some other Bensonhurst guy was your dad, I'm pretty sure he'd turn on you ina heartbeat.

24 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Nope, just not telling the truth to Carly.  Gotcha.  Also, as someone pointed out the other day, Willow's correct response should've been "it wasn't my secret to tell," at which time a bell would ring in Berkeley on Robin's Christmas tree and she would cackle with glee.

even today when Carly was screaming did Nina ask you not to tell, what willow SHOULD HAVE SAID was. "yes. but it's also because SONNY SAID THE TRUTH NEEDED TO COME FROM HIM." why willow omits this part every time from her story is beyond me.  but i would have loved the "it's not my secret to tell."

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

, what willow SHOULD HAVE SAID was. "yes. but it's also because SONNY SAID THE TRUTH NEEDED TO COME FROM HIM." why willow omits this part every time from her story is beyond me. 

She did say that on the stand, though.  Carly doesn't care, though.  For her, SHE can choose what to keep from someone (like that Nelle was Nina's daughter) but no one can keep anything from her or she blows a gasket.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She did say that on the stand, though.  Carly doesn't care, though.  For her, SHE can choose what to keep from someone (like that Nelle was Nina's daughter) but no one can keep anything from her or she blows a gasket.  

yeah. but i think that needed to be said again today. Willow's too busy all "I didn't want to ruin your marriage!" and it delved into Nina attacks. 

and yeup. I clap that back to people all the time. Carly has no issues hiding vital life truths from people but god forbid you do it to Carly.

• Love 5

Lucy and Martin are the hottest pairing on this show. 

The potential Dante/Sam/Drew triangle= ZZzzZzzZzzZzz   I find all three characters to be boring at this point in time even Drew whom I like is just extra chipper about everything.

Same for Curtis/Portia- ZzZzzZzZz    DT has never truly clicked in a romance.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

Loved Liesel's telling Nina that she didn't blow up her life, she saved it. I agree. How Nina can think that her life is now somehow worse because the truth (sorta) came out and she isn't in jail is beyond me. Why the heck she even cares about Carly and Sonny's marriage is also beyond me. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Why the heck she even cares about Carly and Sonny's marriage is also beyond me.

I get this only in the context that blowing up the marriage gives Carly even more reason to harass Nina. (Not that Carly ever feels she needs a reason.) But otherwise? Not Nina's problem.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought the last new episode of the year was when we got the full credits list. 

We’ve been watching some live and some DVR but they ran the full credits a few shows ago - I’m thinking the last new show before Christmas, maybe the 23rd?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Nina: “You coulda lied, dumbass.” Ok, the last word wasn’t said, but it was definitely implied. Great delivery. And I’m not usually a Nina fan, but I loved the way she tore into simpering, defensive Willow today.

Now this is what had me on Willow's side for a fraction of a second. Why the fuck should ANYONE lie under oath to protect your whining, bug eyed to show emotion, cut a baby out of a woman's stomach and still walking around free, keeping young children from their father because you're thinking with your cooch, pathetic Mooby drooling, Nina? 

I hate this storyline. I hate ALL the participants. I can't even take a side because they ALL suck. Every one of them needs to fuck ALLLLLL the way off. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Why the heck she even cares about Carly and Sonny's marriage is also beyond me. 

Because she loves Sonny. She lurves him and she wants him to be happy, even when being happy is being with Carly.

I wish that Nina would put on her big girl pants, listen to Liesl, stop apologizing for other people's decisions, and get on with her life.

ETA: on the other hand, this shows that she's a better person than Carly who would never want any man she considers hers to be happy if he isn't putting her first.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Suicidy said:

He also would be getting laid regardless.

Well, he is hot.

But suspension with pay hardly feels like a punishment here.  And who will do the detectiv-ing in Port Charles, other than Dante?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Scott giving Violet $5.

LOL, it reminded me of my grandfather--back many moons ago when $5 was worth a whole lot more.  Still, for a little kid I'm sure getting that is a treat; Violet looked happy.  And I really liked the way Scott told Finn not to hurt/mess with his family.  Given this show is allergic to bringing Serena back, I'm glad he has people he feels that way about close by.

Colonel Tad looked handsome as all hell in that tux.   And I thought Val and Anna had some serious sparks, too. 

I love that Liesl has zero fucks to give about Nina acting like she was off-sides by telling Scotty about her and Mike.  Nina needs to get off the cross.  The Corinthii are never going to do anything but stomp their collective feet and bitch and moan about her, but at least now they know Sonny wasn't an innocent victim of hers.

Lastly, I will never, ever, ever accept Carly's appropriation of the bridge as something sacred to her and Jason.  Unless while she was on it it collapsed under the oppressive weight of her hypocrisy, plunging her into its icy depths and sweeping her away so her body would be found on the Pennsylvania side of the river.

• Love 18

I'm not the least bit surprised the show might go there. It seems like Sam and Liz have love interests (whether they are interesting or not is up to the viewer I suppose) and if we are getting Sonny/Nina - then Carly needs a dude. It's like the law or something.

Not saying I'd enjoy Carly/Drew - just saying I'm not surprised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The most astonishing thing about today's episode is that when Liz went to put her ring away, she opened a kitchen drawer ...and there was nothing in it! That is valuable real estate in my house! Also, may I suggest putting it in a little box tucked away in a closet, and not in a kitchen drawer, if you ever want to see it again. : D 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I guess Liz doesn't use her pockets to put things in, the way I do. My wedding ring is plain gold so I don't worry about washing dishes with it on, but if I have a gemstone ring or even my watch on, I take them off and put them in my pocket until I'm done. Maybe because I've seen too many TV cases where the item ends up in the drain, garbage disposal, or just garbage when it's put on a shelf or counter. 

I don't know why she didn't finally put the ring in her jewelry box (or wherever she keeps her things). Kitchen drawer is just too iffy.

• Love 6

The kitchen drawer is on screen and immediate to put her ring away in. This episode was about Liz  moving on from Franco.

It occurred to me tonight as I was making an attempt at a buche de Noel (too much Great British/Canadian Baking Show) that the show really tied the boys to Franco, at this point even more than Liz herself is tied.  Franco supported Aiden when the kids made fun of his baking (Aiden talked about Franco helping his with the cake today), he helped Jake through art therapy, and he offered himself when Peter wanted to put Drew's memories into Cameron. Franco also brought them Scott as the hands-on grandfather that Kevin and Liz's absentee father aren't. 

Liz is moving on to Finn but Finn hasn't really got a place in the boys' lives other than as the father of their cousin Violet.

• Love 6

I really enjoyed most of the "New Year's Eve Eve" episode. It was balanced. It got a lot of characters in. Carly was Carly, but of course she was going to go there with Willow being disloyal to "the family that welcomed her with open arms." She's just one of those people. Whatever she wants and needs should take precedence at all times. I've known a few. I rolled my eyes at her wandering around looking skyward to Jason.  

I thought Rebecca Herbst did a beautiful job acting Liz's decision not to put the ring back on. I loved the Webber family + Finn/Scotty scenes. I loved the Dante/Sonny scene, and I think Maurice Benard is doing some of his best work in years, even if there was one line that I couldn't understand at all, between his playing drunk and his usual muttering. Something about his Nixon Falls period being like "a butt-tug in a pool." I'm sure that's wrong. 

I didn't mind anything else, even if it was about couples I'm not that interested in, like Martin/Lucy and Cam/Joss.

Before they showed Carly at "her" and Jason's bridge (blech), I was sure she was going to walk into the Tan-O Charlie's and catch Sonny/Nina together as the year-end cliffhanger. I'm still expecting her to find them in some intimate situation before January is out. 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Love 6

I find Nina to be the exact kind of hypocrite people always complain about but they give her a pass and make her actions okay because of the Carly hate. But her fake apologies of not wanting to cause pain, while in the same breathe lurking around a married Sonny telling him 'Mike' and her had a pure love, is just too gross to me.

I mean, the amount of vitriol Willow or Carly would receive for lurking around a married man the way Nina does with Sonny would be endless. I can just imagine lots of people saying 'I regret this decision,' once the show starts pushing a Sonny and Nina romance. So I really wonder if Nina will still have as much support as she does now once that romance gets started

• Love 1

The next encounter between Carly and Nina will obviously be tension filled but depending on what transpires between a drunk Sonny and Nina, I want them both to have a different energy than they did before the trial. What annoys me most about Nina is her current hypocrisy of her actions speaking louder than her words. Her empty words of apology saying she doesn't want to cause problems for Sonny's family but in the same breathe pining for Sonny and reminding him of how much they loved each other in Nikon Falls, is what's annoying. 

What I want is for Nina to stop with the apologies and really think about what she wants, and either decide to chase after Sonny full force or back off from all the delusional talk. I'm sure an unashamed  attitude would shock Carly and everyone else in town, but it would be a better progression for her character. Then I want Carly to either challenge Nina and decide to fight for Sonny or just laugh in Nina's face and tell her she can have Sonny and not to cry to her when he's too much for her to handle.

• Love 6

I am actually interested to see how the Carly and Drew interaction goes. Not for the potential romance but for the unique perspective Drew has of being an outsider who has kind of lived in the shoes of Jason and Carly's relationship for a hot minute in the past. But he'll now have his own viewpoints on that relationship now as his own man. I wonder what he'll say.

• Love 2

Ooooh quite the cliffhanger! ( Not the show, I wanna know how @statsgirl 's buche de noel turned out 😉)

hard pass on Carly using Drew as her Jason Substitute. We saw this the last time Jason died ( things only soap watchers say) with Franco and Jake Doe. 

I really like they've kept Scott as a part of Liz's family, and him giving Violet 5 bucks was funny. 

• Love 11

Dr. O given zero F's about the blowback Scotty's legal strategy is having on Sonny and Carly was extremely sexy.  Nina should take a lesson from her aunt, as the whining she was doing was not a good look on her.

I guess I appreciate Tad Martin Gray coming clean to Lucy about Valentin's weird ultimatum right away.  Them sneaking around could be kinda fun, but Lucy really deserves a guy who will pick her over the other option.

• Love 9

I haven't seen yesterday's episode, but fucking eww to infinity with Drew showing up at the bridge. Are they also going to see the New Year's fireworks together too? I mean why not. I'm already gagging, might as well make me throw up.

Stupid writers. Am I supposed to forget that Carly treated Drew like something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe the second Jason pointed his ugly nose back in PC? 

Run, Drew. Carly is a goddamn barnacle. You'll never see your daughter again if you get involved with this succubus. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, KimChi Rogue said:

lurking around a married man the way Nina does with Sonny

Nina has been pretty true to her promise to stay away from Sonny's family. It's not her fault they come across her in a park or end up at the same restaurant. For all its supposed cosmopolitanism, Port Charles has a very lacking dining scene.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess I appreciate Tad Martin Gray coming clean to Lucy about Valentin's weird ultimatum right away.  Them sneaking around could be kinda fun, but Lucy really deserves a guy who will pick her over the other option.

Valentin does have a point about conflict of interest, though, so the ultimatum isn't that weird to me. I think they should have talked about it a bit before Valentin brought down the hammer, but I don't think he's wrong to be concerned.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The kitchen drawer is on screen and immediate to put her ring away in. 

I'm sorry but no one is gonna put their dead husband's wedding ring in a kitchen drawer. I know she was in the kitchen at the time, and they didn't want to show her going upstairs and putting it in her jewelry box, but the kitchen drawer was just weird. 

To me, it was symbolic enough when she didn't immediately put it back on her finger. That, in and of itself, showed she was moving forward. I honestly think they could have shown her hesitating to put the ring back on and then heading upstairs. Next scene, she could have thanked Finn for getting it and told him she had put it away for safekeeping. I don't know. Anything would have played better than her dumping it in a random kitchen drawer. That just felt odd. Or at least to me it did. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The empty Charlie's when Phyllis is there makes me wonder if Joyce Guy is immunocompromised or has someone at home who is, and this is how the show protects her.

Possible, but they did do the hoe-down robbery scenes with plenty of extras.

8 hours ago, KimChi Rogue said:

I mean, the amount of vitriol Willow or Carly would receive for lurking around a married man the way Nina does with Sonny would be endless.

Since one of the first things Carly did when she catapulted into town a million years ago was steal her mother's husband, this could be considered karma, but that would only happen on a better written show. That's not really what's happening here anyway. Michael and Carly have been the ones confronting Nina almost every time they see her, as if she's not allowed to be out in public where she might breathe their air, and Michael tried to press fake charges against her by using bribery of a public official. Because he's dumb.

I don't know about Willow, who seems unable to recognize that she's wandered into another horrible situation. Carly hasn't really showed her true face yet, but she's always expected to be agreed with and supported no matter what, and Michael's too spineless to stand up to her even if he "loves" Willow. The way this has been written, Sonny doesn't have any idea of what he wants, except he can't tell Carly he has no feelings for Nina at all, which is the only thing she'll accept. Still, Nina doesn't have to hide under her bed to make sure she doesn't wake the Kraken.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Since one of the first things Carly did when she catapulted into town a million years ago was steal her mother's husband, this could be considered karma, but that would only happen on a better written show. That's not really what's happening here anyway. Michael and Carly have been the ones confronting Nina almost every time they see her, as if she's not allowed to be out in public where she might breathe their air, and Michael tried to press fake charges against her by using bribery of a public official. Because he's dumb.

I don't know about Willow, who seems unable to recognize that she's wandered into another horrible situation. Carly hasn't really showed her true face yet, but she's always expected to be agreed with and supported no matter what, and Michael's too spineless to stand up to her even if he "loves" Willow. The way this has been written, Sonny doesn't have any idea of what he wants, except he can't tell Carly he has no feelings for Nina at all, which is the only thing she'll accept. Still, Nina doesn't have to hide under her bed to make sure she doesn't wake the Kraken.

I'm hoping Harmony will gently point out her involvement with the Corinthii Cult to her daughter.  They both got out; Willow can do it again, with her Mother's help.

• Love 8
On 12/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, statsgirl said:

I've been around academics for a long time including being 24 years married to a sociology prof and I've never seen a professor enter a class so aggressively especially the first class of a course. It was very OTT but this is a soap opera after all.

She was probably pissed because she had to teach the day after Christmas. Which was also a Sunday. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I get this only in the context that blowing up the marriage gives Carly even more reason to harass Nina. (Not that Carly ever feels she needs a reason.) But otherwise? Not Nina's problem.

No, it’s not, but she thinks it is because she loves Sonny with the pure warmth of a thousand suns and all she wants from life is for him to be happy. Blecch. I’m not sure why I’m interested in the Nina/ Sonny romance (maybe just because it’s a step away from the status quo?), but if she keeps sacrificing herself on his altar, my interest will fade very quickly.

19 hours ago, TVbitch said:

The most astonishing thing about today's episode is that when Liz went to put her ring away, she opened a kitchen drawer ...and there was nothing in it! That is valuable real estate in my house! 

LOL, every few years I have to go through my kitchen drawers to get rid of all the junk and make room for new. (And in the process find all kinds of stuff I forgot I had!) Maybe we just caught Liz post-purge. Or maybe she is more efficient than me and just throws everything directly into the trash.

10 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Something about his Nixon Falls period being like "a butt-tug in a pool." I'm sure that's wrong. 

Now, that might have made Nixon Falls interesting!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1