Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I know some wouldn't buy it but I'd be all for Micheal beating the crap out of Uncle Drew when he finds out, and I've already said he would likely want to make his Uncle and Wife's life hell. Probably sic Cujo and Cujo Jr on Willow, kick her out of the Q Mansion, go for full custody of Wiley, not allow her to see him and destroy Drew's Campaign.

probably. because he's just that petty. Honestly, again. like if it were anyone but Michael i'd be for it. but the fact that Michael stole his best friend's girlfriend. twice [and stole his brother's girlfriend] - the fact that his uncle is putting the moves on his wife now just screams Karma. [and the fact that Mr "Oh i need to protect my children from Sonny." is all hunky dory about hiding a dead cop from the police. I have zero sympathy for him in this regards. 

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

*Something that Jaysus called him when Gareth first played the SORAS'D asshole and was a thing of beauty.

that lives rent free in my head. hahaaha i always wonder if that was ad-libbed by SB  because DG looked so surprised/taken aback by it, because SB said it with such venom.

• Like 3

So if the cops arrest Kristina will Sonny just say "Diane will get her off" like the asshole he is or will he actually put truth behind his words that he'd do anything to protect his kids.

Also, now Willow and Michael both have another secret their hiding from each other, which is pretty much standard practice now for their entire relationship.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

SIGH I miss OLTL. That was my Soap 

I always watched the CBS soaps and ATWT is my favorite.  After it was cancelled, I stopped watching anything CBS.   Last year I started watching You Tube.  It and it was a wild ride and now it's right up there with ATWT for me.  It should never have been cancelled.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

If I had to guess, whoever his campaign opponent is will go looking for dirt on him. At minimum, they'll discover he has slept with Nina, and will announce that.

I don't see how this is dirt—both of them are single. 

But this:

14 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Or his opponent may find out about both Nina and Willow and really blow that whole thing up with a leak to the press. 

Definitely dirt. Using this to blackmail him could be interesting, which of course means the show will take some other, extremely boring route.

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Drew's feelings for Willow strike me as just as much a fantasy as her feelings for him.

Same. Drew loves the hero worship, despite his "aw, shucks ma'am; weren't nothin'" dirt-kicking demeanor. They're both pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 9/3/2024 at 7:12 PM, Josh371982 said:

SIGH I miss OLTL. That was my Soap 

This might be almost sacrilegious, but even though GH is my soap, I thought OLTL deserved to be one that survived, since it was one doing better in the ratings. 

So was the ruination and death of Jagger Cates at the hands of Sonny seem to be a big fuck you from Chris Van Etten to Patrick Mulchaley? Because that is what it looks like. Also Xwitter doesn't seem to be too pleased with him that line from Kristina about Molly not understanding a mother's love because she can't carry a baby. 

It really is a shame that all Qs that hate Sonny, save for Tracy, are no longer on screen.  First f*cking Ava in AJ's crypt now committing murder on Monica's property.

So here are my predictions: like all storylines where Sonny,Carly, Ava, Jason and Michael pull really evil shit, this will only go on for a few months and will be ignored and all forgiven. No longterm legal or emotional consequences, just like with AJ. While Jagger's methods weren't good, the reasoning behind his vendetta won’t be remotely acknowledged as understandable.

On 9/4/2024 at 9:51 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

As I stated above, the SLS is no paragon of virtue or fidelity, or truth. This little prick when he was the red-haired demon-child was a little thug, throwing his weight around as Mooby's son, and who shot original Kate of the Magnificent Hair, the "STUPID LITTLE BITCH!*" And of course, the most SLS since then. He deserves NO GRACE, and Willow's affair with Drew, aside from being soapy (has it been so long that this type of storyline is a staple of what soaps are?), is the LEAST of his Just Desserts. He can SUCK IT.

*Something that Jaysus called him when Gareth first played the SORAS'D asshole and was a thing of beauty.

Michael sucks. He pulled the same shit on Chase and his brother Morgan, and didn't suffer a minute of retribution from either of them (well, Morgan tried), but you know if he is being written true to character, he will make Willow and Drew pay. I've said it before, I like Nell because she called Michael out on being as dirty fighter as her but without the honesty. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Also Xwitter doesn't seem to be too pleased with him that line from Kristina about Molly not understanding a mother's love because she can't carry a baby. 

I wasn't happy about that, either. That's some primo bullshit right there, and it's incredibly insulting. This fakakta show has the worst opinions about women and babies and motherhood.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Also Xwitter doesn't seem to be too pleased with him that line from Kristina about Molly not understanding a mother's love because she can't carry a baby. 

that is just an stupid thing to even think let alone utter.. like come on show. 

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

This might be almost sacrilegious, but even though GH is my soap, I thought OLTL deserved to be one that survived, since it was one doing better in the ratings. 

i've always said this. I love GH but AMC/OLTL should have stayed and I really have to wonder if the cast had all decided "yeup. we'll move to LA to save costs", what ABCDisney would have done then.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Same. Drew loves the hero worship, despite his "aw, shucks ma'am; weren't nothin'" dirt-kicking demeanor. They're both pathetic.

i read this in the most southern-y drawl i could imagine.  but that's exactly what it is. I have to wonder if Willow wasn't legit blowing smoke up his butt if he'd be all. "yeah I so want you, i wish I met you first."

• Like 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I'm all for a triangle between Nina Drew and Willow.

/ducks tomatoes

I'm all for a Nina/Drew/Willow triangle too, especially if it permanently blows up what's left of Nina and Willow's "relationship" and Willow washes her hands of Nina for good, with her realizing that she can never fully trust her mother because of the kind of person Nina is. And maybe that will also finally motivate Nina to leave town for good upon realizing that she will never be able to truly fulfill her dreams of being a mother and no one sees or hears from her ever again. 

Well, if there was ever any doubt over whether this Drew is completely different from Original Drew, this thing with Willow and Nina proves it.  OD would never have made out with his nephew's wife. Twice.

Though it does make me think that Drew could be Gio's father.  Military background - check. Gio is musical and Oscar played guitar (didn't he?) - check. And if he is going to make out with a mother and daughter, he'd have had no trouble sleeping with both Gio's mom and Kim. And it would explain why Gio thought Jason looked familiar - Drew and Jason were identical twins, and he probably saw a photo of his father when he was little.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Original Drew really never got to build much of a personality period beyond Billy Miller's charisma and relationships with Jason's loved ones. The advantage of the character was a blank slate. I actually like schmoozing, caddish politician Drew Q juggling mother and daughter, that is a classic soap archetype. But I don't trust this team to do the right things with it.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

So Alexis threw away the gun before she knew jagger was dead because Kristina isn’t supposed to have a weapon. Michael doesn’t have a good poker face. Please not another Carson  round. This is actually getting interesting. Unfortunately we know the writers will screw it up. Since we know it was Sonny if someone else gets charged he looks like a chump letting them take the weight. 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Since we know it was Sonny if someone else gets charged he looks like a chump letting them take the weight. 

Sonny doesn't need to let someone take the fall to look like a chump. His dumb ass has already involved his ex-wife and his son. Accessory to murder.

Maybe the show will shock all of us and send the three to prison forever.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny doesn't need to let someone take the fall to look like a chump. His dumb ass has already involved his ex-wife and his son. Accessory to murder.

The dream! 

Or at least a close consolation prize if they won't kill them off.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Brick sliming over Jordan does not endear him to me at all. Ugh, he's disgusting. Why is she asking him for help to ID the doctor? It's been an hour since he was admitted to GH. Has Anna abdicated all of her responsibilities? Is no one looking around the accident scene? 

Note to Show: I don't care at all about Brick's backstory.

12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Jeeze Alexis, what a way to overreact before she even knew what the hell was going on.  Why is she always such a basketcase?  It’s definitely Nancy’s acting strength but It’s exhausting.

I find this is as annoying as her skittish-virgin act before sex. I get she's worried about Kristina, but finding a gun should not cause her to freak out. She lives in Port Charles. Sonny is the father of one of her daughters. She's a Cassadine! Act like you have some brains, lady, and get a grip.

4 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Since we know it was Sonny if someone else gets charged he looks like a chump letting them take the weight. 

I hope Kristina gets charged. What's Sonny going to do, shoot the entire PCPD and DA's office? (Heh, that would be kind of amusing.)

OMG, baby Lucky and Elizabeth!

If Lucky is going to die anyway, why does it matter if he wins or loses at poker?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Noooo!!!! UGH!!! Of all the stories that were dropped and could be revived, Jordan and Brick should be so far down on that list you would need to dig a fooking underground garage just to get them on the list.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
(edited)

If Lucky is going to die anyway, why does it matter if he wins or loses at poker?

Because otherwise how could we compare Lucky's poker skills to the stories of Scheherazade? 

So, with Liz and Rick getting cozy and Lucky daydreaming of dancing with Liz, I guess we know the outline of this story. As much as I liked Lucky once upon a time, I feel a little sympathy for Elizabeth. Choosing between 2  sorry ex-husbands? Not my idea of a good time. But at least BH is getting some airtime. 

I just can't comment on the stupidity of the rest of the show.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was trying to remember if it was Ric or AJ that was courting Elizabeth when her meeting "John Doe" (now Drew) killed that relationship. Because if it was poor Ric, that will probably happen again when Lucky blows back to town.

I do really like Ric and Elizabeth's rapport, though. His dryly saying that if Alexis is covering for one of her daughters he hoped it wasn't his really cracked me up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Does Steven Smith have blackmail on someone? Because more Brick is something that I really didn't need or want in my life.

Brick sliming over Jordan does not endear him to me at all. Ugh, he's disgusting. Why is she asking him for help to ID the doctor? It's been an hour since he was admitted to GH. Has Anna abdicated all of her responsibilities? Is no one looking around the accident scene?

1.  It's no longer Jordan's job to find out the identities of John Does

2. What can Brick do that law enforcement can't? The guy has no ID, beyond taking his fingerprints, looking through airport video or going through his clothes (which is illegal for someone not a LEO), what is there to do?

Are Sonny and Carly getting back together again? Do these writers have a sign saying Everything Old Is New Again?

Kristina, who was competent enough to manage Charlie's and set up a new foundation, is back to being a flake again.

As soon Carlo Rota started talking about the woman from Monte Carlo, did anyone doubt that it was going to be Holly?

• Like 10
(edited)
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

1.  It's no longer Jordan's job to find out the identities of John Does

2. What can Brick do that law enforcement can't? The guy has no ID, beyond taking his fingerprints, looking through airport video or going through his clothes (which is illegal for someone not a LEO), what is there to do?

1. And yet, she sticks her nose into a lot of cases. Just make her a special investigator so she has a reason other than "Laura/Anna/my curiosity told me to look into things even though I'm a deputy mayor and not affiliated with law enforcement these days." I don't need it to make sense IRL, but at least give me some internal logic. This show is allergic to logic in general, I know.

2. Brick can't do anything that law enforcement can't, especially at such an early stage. Again, absolutely no logic here.

51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As soon Carlo Rota started talking about the woman from Monte Carlo, did anyone doubt that it was going to be Holly?

I'm glad Emma Simms feels well enough to work, but Holly is totally unnecessary. Like so much about this fakakta show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Jeeze Alexis, what a way to overreact before she even knew what the hell was going on.  Why is she always such a basketcase?  It’s definitely Nancy’s acting strength but It’s exhausting.

Seriously. Also, way to risk your law license, which you just worked so hard to get back. And you knew, Alexis, what Diane's answer to what you should do would be if she was interested in keeping her law license.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, jacourt said:

So Alexis threw away the gun before she knew jagger was dead because Kristina isn’t supposed to have a weapon.

Won't the video surveillance at the graveyard prove that Kristina didn't do it? <rme>   Maybe Brick can help?

I must say, for standing around in the rain (and rolling in muck), Kristina, Sonny and Michael's clothes and hair certainly dried quickly.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Happy/sad for our Robert and Mac scenes today.  Wouldn't it be nice if Robert could put us out of our Sonny misery as part of his exit story?  He deserves so much more, but I fear TR may not be up to it.

None of the rest of the episode was worthy of a second thought, for me.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Best part of the episode was Holly and Lucky coming face to face. Then looks on their faces were like ‘oh shit!’

the rest of the show sucked, except Ric and Liz. I know it won’t end well but I like them together. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I was trying to remember if it was Ric or AJ that was courting Elizabeth when her meeting "John Doe" (now Drew) killed that relationship. Because if it was poor Ric, that will probably happen again when Lucky blows back to town

It was Ric. Idk if they were actually together at the time though. John/Jake/Drew was staying with her at the time. Ric hired Hayden to pretend to be his wife. So of course John/Jake/Drew had to leave Elizabeth and go to who he thought was his wife. Then Liz started seeing Ric again until the truth came out. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, what? Is Robert leaving?

Sorry, that was just me projecting.  I'm suspicious there's a reason Holly is back on screen, and it's obvious they haven't been willing or able to write for Robert (or TR) for a while.  I'm hoping they will let him go out with glory, rather then letting him just completely fade away whenever it happens.  But I suspect it will be sooner rather than later.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, tessaray said:

So, with Liz and Rick getting cozy and Lucky daydreaming of dancing with Liz, I guess we know the outline of this story. As much as I liked Lucky once upon a time, I feel a little sympathy for Elizabeth. Choosing between 2  sorry ex-husbands? Not my idea of a good time. But at least BH is getting some airtime. 

I don’t care. That one minute of screen time JJ and Becky had when Lucky found Jake and returned him to Elizabeth-you could see they still had it-Chemistry is still there and Fuck Ric-I want Lucky and Elizabeth to find their way back to each other.

14 hours ago, JMO said:

Sorry, that was just me projecting.  I'm suspicious there's a reason Holly is back on screen, and it's obvious they haven't been willing or able to write for Robert (or TR) for a while.  I'm hoping they will let him go out with glory, rather then letting him just completely fade away whenever it happens.  But I suspect it will be sooner rather than later.

Oh, phew! I suspect she’s back because they retconned his Love for her. Before that, and during his cancer story, it was Anna for him. After all, Holly was responsible for holding that vaccine that would have helped Robin during the Monkey Virus-HOSTAGE. Something original Holly would never do, but I can’t see Robert forgiving that.

Then again, Anna has been destroyed and if it keeps Diane’s SMUG ass away from Robert, I’m all for Robert and Holly.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Chemistry is still there and Fuck Ric-I want Lucky and Elizabeth to find their way back to each other.

Me too. ..But Lucky should have to work for it! He's been no prize as a father, this is true, but he's not a serial killer, nor a mob hit man, nor a wall-chainer-upper of pregnant women, so he has that going for him!  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Me too. ..But Lucky should have to work for it! He's been no prize as a father, this is true, but he's not a serial killer, nor a mob hit man, nor a wall-chainer-upper of pregnant women, so he has that going for him!  

Just an abuser. Great.🙄

How about Elizabeth gets someone new who won't berate her, cheat on her, blame her for his shortcomings, expect her to be his mother, send his flying monkeys to harass her at work, or put his hands on her when she tries to leave?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

So now that bridge is apparently 5 feet above the water, given the splash after Alexis's threw the gun was immediate.  Bridge of Contrivance.

Don't like Holly,, but ES looks great. 

I'm also not a Jordan fan, but who did she hurt that she's being paired with Brick?  And gimme a break with his resume of I guess being with the CIA.  Not enough eyerolls in the world for that.

Funniest line of the day was Diane referring to Ava as "my client's plus one."

• Like 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sonny has some spider plants in a bowl and they look droopy so I hope someone waters them soon. If/when Sonny gets sent to prison, someone responsible needs takes custody of the spider plants and give them the love they are obviously not getting from Mumbles McMumbleson.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t care. That one minute of screen time JJ and Becky has when Lucky found Jake and returned him to Elizabeth-you could see they still had it-Chemistry is still there and Fuck Ric-I want Lucky and Elizabeth to find their way back to each other.

I love Rick Hearst, always have. I think Ric is a deranged slimeball but a fascinating character you can always use for something fun and I'm glad RC didn't get to kill him off in 2015 like he'd planned (Easton got the knife instead). I think Hearst also has chemistry with just about everyone, unfortunately his otherwise great pairing with NLG was written in the most chauvinistic and offensive way possible in the 2000s.

But the Ric/Liz thing was always a C-pairing they tossed at them because they didn't care about Liz at that time. Elizabeth was a plot widget in the panic room story, she was someone for him to be with, marry and play house with so he could hide Carly from her. Ric has also done so much insane and mortifying shit at this point that I have no idea how Liz could seriously consider getting back with him, and this is all while discounting a) the fact that she married a serial killer and b) Ric's horrific beta male autotune song and dance spectacle at the Nurses Ball in 2014(?) where he begged for her love to no avail.

I was never a huge LNL2 fan in the 90s, so it's not about that. I thought she was so saccharine in those days. It took me a long time to appreciate Becky, or her work in the rape story which I only saw so much of as a kid due to sometimes missing it afterschool. She grabbed me as an older woman, the working mother who had to give up her dreams. I think her chemistry with guys like JJ or Burton (who I don't want her back with) has also only intensified and become much more powerful than it already was, so yeah, all this is to say I have no interest in her lowering herself to Ric again like Franco.

But if she wants to hit it and quit it with Ric to get laid for old times' sake, I am all for that! She deserves that. And frankly he deserves to get used by a woman. RH would play that hilariously.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4

Verbal and emotional abuse is just as bad. It is often a precursor to physical abuse. When she told him she wanted a divorce he put his hands on her. The most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when you try to leave. Lucky exemplified that perfectly. He is capable of more extreme physical abuse, there isn't a doubt in my mind.

• Thanks 3

Honestly, for me - I do not think it is fair to call someone capable of being abusive when they are completely strung out. Because anyone can be capable of being abusive when they are strung out. I do no remember nor recall a time when Lucky showed abusive behaviour to her when he was sober.  Now if we want to argue that Lucky's sobriety can be an issue because if he falls off the wagon he does show violent tendencies that's fair. but to just classify Lucky as an abusive person point blank is unfair in my estimation. and I don't really care a whit about JJ's Lucky either way. I'd say this about any character for the most part.

Now I personally don't want Lucky/Liz to be together because i think honestly I just don't think they work together as adults.I know they kinda addressed how they viewed each other in the past but still for me. it's like. not really a no go for me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then again, Anna has been destroyed and if it keeps Diane’s SMUG ass away from Robert, I’m all for Robert and Holly.

My thoughts exactly!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

I love Rick Hearst, always have. I think Ric is a deranged slimeball but a fascinating character you can always use for something fun and I'm glad RC didn't get to kill him off in 2015 like he'd planned

Oh, don't get me wrong-I also love Rick Hearst, and I did like Ric when he first came on the show, but he's pulled so much shit on Elizabeth -forcing her to admit that Jake was Jason's on the witness stand (look, no fan of Jason's, but she was in love with him at the time), then all the other stuff you mentioned as well.

I'm just glad that he's survived. My favorite exit of Ric was when he walked into that elevator but didn't die.

I've loved Lucky since he first showed up on screen when Luke and Laura were getting ready to return to the show. I'm wondering if it's an unpopular opinion loving having him back based on comments I've read. But like I said, he's the ONLY LUCKY as far as I'm concerned, and I'm really hoping he got some gaurantees-IN WRITING-that Frank, and the rest of the assholes won't FUCK with the character of Lucky. It's why he left after only a year the last time he came back.

At this point, I'm counting down until JJ and Genie reunite onscreen as well as JJ and Becky.

10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Yeah, Lucky never physically abused Liz.

No, he didn't. It was Vaughn's "Lucky" who pushed her away (not intentionally as abusers do), and she fell. Frank and Ron, the assholes, did the same with Kanan's AJ and broke up what could have been a great pairing with Elizabeth and AJ, but nooo. AJ/Sean got "FAT!" Well, who's laughing now, you asshole!

And I agree Becky, along with Kimberly McCullough, are pure chemistry magnets.

In my head, because it will never happen on this show with this fucking regime, Robin is ripping Anna several new assholes over the murder of Jagger.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

but to just classify Lucky as an abusive person point blank is unfair in my estimation. and I don't really care a whit about JJ's Lucky either way. I'd say this about any character for the most part.

Like I stated above, it was Greg Vaugn's "Lucky" who had pushed Liz and she lost her balance and fell against the credenza? couch? whatever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ric and Liz. I know it won’t end well but I like them together. 

The Hearst/Herbst (hee) chemistry has always been so good. I hate that Ric had to be ruined to keep Sonny as the hero.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Like I stated above, it was Greg Vaugn's "Lucky" who had pushed Liz and she lost her balance and fell against the credenza? couch? whatever.

yeah. but he did that while strung out. i'm simply pointing out if he had been sober. that never would have happened so using that as a mirror to say "Lucky is abusive" is very disingenuous to me. 

50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm wondering if it's an unpopular opinion loving having him back based on comments I've read.

no. most people are.  and I mean i always respect your opinion even if we don't agree. but like for me personally i wouldn't call recasted characters "Lucky" (or "AJ" because I liked Billy Warlock in the role, even though I preferred SK's AJ myself). but then I'm never really anti re-casting either.   While I am happy Lucky is coming back for me personally it's pretty much "second coming of Luke." and I'm not... really keen on on that myself. the one thing I did like GV's Lucky is that  he wanted to grow out of the whole 'running a con, living on the run lifestyle." i think there needs to be a blend of the "there's Spencer running in my veins ie: some Bad Decisions, or you wanna be some kinda of mischievousness. but i like JJ, and he'll clearly do a great job and it will be great seeing GF & he together (and Becky and he) but like I said for me - not fond of JJ's adult Lucky. but i am really happy for those who are stupidly happy that he'd back and how they want him to be. 

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that Ric had to be ruined to keep Sonny as the hero.

me too. and just like everyone else . beyond annoying

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i'm simply pointing out if he had been sober. that never would have happened so using that as a mirror to say "Lucky is abusive" is very disingenuous to me. 

Oh absolutely. It was all done so that Elizabeth and Jason could get together. We've all already discussed the ridonkulousness of how they didn't have medical insurance so he had to get drugs by stealing them-I mean a Nurse and a Cop? No insurance? Please.

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but like for me personally i wouldn't call recasted characters "Lucky" (or "AJ" because I liked Billy Warlock in the role, even though I preferred SK's AJ myself). but then I'm never really anti re-casting either.   While I am happy Lucky is coming back for me personally it's pretty much "second coming of Luke." and I'm not... really keen on on that myself. the one thing I did like GV's Lucky is that  he wanted to grow out of the whole 'running a con, living on the run lifestyle."

But JJ's Lucky was also cop when they fired Vaughn and JJ came back. He and Dante were awesome as partners, and with JJ's return, also returned were his mad skillz using tech-something that Vaughn didn't know. Pretty much dumbed down the son of Luke and Laura. The only good thing about him was his hate for Jason. But that was also plot contrivance, since Jason had helped out Lucky when he learned Luke had raped Laura and was living in that train caboose or whatever.

Guzasshole, than Ron, and Frank, and everyone who came after, had to just dirty Lucky up because JJ left again. Except for that one line about Aiden visiting him in Ireland over Christmas. He didn't have to be turned into a deadbeat dad just because the character was no longer on the show.

But more recently, I rewatched Charmed and original Beverly Hills, 90210 (after Shannen's passing), and Vaughn just seems to play the same type: needy, jealous, possessive, obsessive, boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, and that's what we got as him playing drugged out "Lucky", because during the Monkey Virus story, he and Elizabeth had a strong  and healthy marriage. So, for a short while, he played against type.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I know it seems I'm are getting into the weeds of GH history, but for me in regards to GV's Lucky, it was during the JFP/Guza's years and they always, always, made whoever Sonny, Jason, or at the time, Nicholas' romantic rivals look like shit.  The  show did it not too many years prior when they decided to move Courtney from AJ to Jason, and had AJ stalk Courtney. Even some of AJ's haters thought it was out of character for him. Same with CB's Zander when they wanted to pair Nicholas and Emily. The show at the time had very little use Greg Vaughn's version of Lucky, so either used as little as possible supporting character with throw away storylines or he was the heavy when it was Jason vs Lucky.  Just like the current regime, they cared little for GH history or the fans of the characters if they weren't their favs.

@Daisy I agree about not having a redux of LL2, at least not long term. There is nothing wrong for Liz and Lucky to mutually decide they are fine as coparents, friends and first loves but no longer work as a romantic couple. 

Guzasshole, than Ron, and Frank, and everyone who came after, had to just dirty Lucky up because JJ left again. Except for that one line about Aiden visiting him in Ireland over Christmas. He didn't have to be turned into a deadbeat dad just because the character was no longer on the show.

@GHScorpiosRuleI never understood the show's obsession with turning the guys into deadbeat dads, especially when the women had very young kids. It would have been so much better to say that Lucky had moved to Washington D.C or even NYC to work for the branch of the WSB and explain away her kid's absences by saying they are with him instead of their aging great grandmother Audrey. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for that one line about Aiden visiting him in Ireland over Christmas.

There was a second line that Aiden was going to Skype with Lucky.

Did the show forget about Lucky's other addiction: gambling.

I am perfectly happy if Liz is in a triangle with the two men who have loved her best. Not the serial killer. Not the hitman. The highs of L&L2 and Liric were the very best of Liz's romances on this show.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean like the Seinfield finale?  I like that, all three of them in the same cage for all of eternity. Fitting punishment if there ever was one.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I came back to see JJ as Lucky, and there's only one thing I'm confused about: Who is this McHonkey (?) some of the characters are mourning?

That was Sam McMurray, who was the Congressman, dying of Stage 4 Lung Cancer that Drew wanted support from last Spring? And instead, McKonkey  asked Drew to take his place and run for his seat.

He BARELY knew the man-he was friends with Nina's father-so she should mourn him. But Drew? PLEASE.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1