Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Today on Not-So-Honourable Hospital:

Sonny shoots Jagger in cold blood (and lots of rain) and immediately tries to get out of owning up to it.

Willow, you most certainly are a cheating wife. Have you forgotten that you cheated on Chase with Michael?

Drew you really are scum. Is Stepford Willow your ideal woman?

Does it not occur to either of the two nannies or Tracy that if Ace is crying that loudly, it's an emotional issue and he's upset?

Portia "We could really use a break around here" in the middle of an empty room.   I'm begging you , please get help about your obsession with Heather.

Also, Kristina you really need help too. Is Alexis going to suspect her of shooting Cates now? Because I'm pretty sure that ballistics will show it's not that gun, because I can't imagine Sonny or Michael dug those bullets out of his chest.

I love that Tracy immediately suspects Sonny. Looks like Nina may too.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Episode is not over yet but doesn’t appear to be.

30 minutes ago, DanaK said:

So, it seems we will have a “Who shot Cates?” storyline while we the audience know the shooter is Sonny. Interesting. 

Spider-Man 3D GIF by Ishmael Arias Pinto

happy told you so GIF

9 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Love that Tracy figured the truth out.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I love that Tracy immediately suspects Sonny. Looks like Nina may too.

We have at least one SMART character left.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
(edited)
On 9/3/2024 at 2:59 PM, lisse said:

Honestly, Carly agreeing to become an accessory to murder one is really bad writing for her.  If I were a Carly fan I'd be furious right now.  All of this for Sonny, who needs to GO.

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

did they at least have sex? because all this "i have to keep this locked in my heart." and "they'll never hear it from me." is post-sex talk not, "i stuck my tongue in your mouth." talk. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

did they at least have sex? because all this "i have to keep this locked in my heart." and "they'll never hear it from me." is post-sex talk not, "i stuck my tongue in your mouth." talk. 

Who are you talking about?

Nevermind, I know who you’re talking about.

No they didn’t and I’m kinda disappointed.  

See show this what you’ve reduced me to!  I’m actively wanting to watch an affair between a woman and her uncle-in-law!!!

And after today because of what the SLS did, I hope they fall in love and he adopts the kids!! Serve the SLS right!

I feel dirty.

Edited by mariah23
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
51 minutes ago, Desperado said:

How a guy who’s been a mobster for decades plans to wear gloves and meet up with his victim, but doesn’t plan on getting rid of the body is beyond me. He needed Michael?! Michael?!

It's like it's the first time Sonny has shot someone. What an idiot. 

I was totally unmoved by Kristina's rain-soaked, sobbing monologue on top of the baby's muddy grave.

Oh, Nina. Why do you care if Sonny is with Carly? You are well rid of him.

"Oh, come on. You know I can't say no to ice cream." Hee. Loved Elizabeth's exasperation. Ric is crossing into creepy territory, though, with the pressure on Elizabeth.

Geez, Anna could barely rouse herself to investigate Wagger's shooting. Ugh.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, mariah23 said:

Let me get this straight…

Our leads have actively covered up a crime scene without hesitation. 

Only on GH.

But... they didn't snitch on someone, so they are obviously all good.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

How a guy who’s been a mobster for decades plans to wear gloves and meet up with his victim, but doesn’t plan on getting rid of the body is beyond me. He needed Michael?! Michael?!

Haha! I could have done a better job of this, and I'm an old lady with lots of Law & Order and murder mysteries as my credentials. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

Why on earth would Brooklynn try to keep Tracy from stating the obvious? Just a few weeks ago everyone had the epiphany that Sonny is not a good person, did they forget that so soon? Or maybe they are willing to cut him a break because of his medication issues. You can't blame someone for doing bad things when they are influenced by medical issues (unless they are Heather, I guess). :-P

• Like 8
Just now, KittyQ said:

Just a few weeks ago everyone had the epiphany that Sonny is not a good person, did they forget that so soon?

Yes. The current writers want to erase all of that.

• Like 7
  • Angry 7

I’m out (again).  Not even some returning legacy characters can save this dreck of character assassination, dead babies, premeditated murder, and mobsterpalooza.   

• Like 9
  • Hugs 3

At least Anna waited .04 seconds before blaming the victim and proclaiming that Cates had "gone bad" and was persona non grata with the whole town. (This is before she knows that he has actually done anything illegal.)

Anna and Chase acting like it could be anyone when Sonny is at the crime scene is fucking hilarious. Yes, you better question Wiley immediately! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I was totally unmoved by Kristina's rain-soaked, sobbing monologue on top of the baby's muddy grave.

To my eye, KM was excellent in so many scenes leading up to the confrontation with Ava, and then in the hospital afterwards.  She's clearly a capable actress.  But I think even she has been having trouble investing in anything more recent, including the funeral/cemetery scenes and the graveside scenes today.  Just too far over the top. I feel bad for the actress, because it must feel as though the writers are determined to completely undo all of the work she put into those prior performances. 

Come to think of it, she probably has a lot of company among the cast.  

• Like 10
13 minutes ago, JMO said:

To my eye, KM was excellent in so many scenes leading up to the confrontation with Ava, and then in the hospital afterwards.  She's clearly a capable actress.  But I think even she has been having trouble investing in anything more recent, including the funeral/cemetery scenes and the graveside scenes today.  Just too far over the top. I feel bad for the actress, because it must feel as though the writers are determined to completely undo all of the work she put into those prior performances. 

Come to think of it, she probably has a lot of company among the cast.  

Having her recite a super long monologue lying on dirt in the fake rain really didn’t help. It looked so uncomfortable, I stopped watching after a few minutes.

I also spared a though for Harrington lying in the rain too. I don’t know if the actor was a pain BTS but it felt petty after a firing.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Having her recite a super long monologue lying on dirt in the fake rain really a though for Harrington lying in the rain too. I don’t know if the actor was a pain BTS but it felt petty after a firing.

Agreed.  I was actually wondering if maybe there'd been a bonus clause in his contract in the event of an extended death scene.  To have had to do it under bombardment of water should have doubled it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Geez, Anna could barely rouse herself to investigate Wagger's shooting. Ugh.

Anna’s been reliably terrible for some time now, but I was also having trouble mustering up a reaction. Like when she said Cates was a friend of Robin’s I was like oh yeah, he’s Jagger!  But like I said in a previous post, I haven’t watched for most of this actor’s stint, so he’s just not Jagger to me.  Still doesn’t excuse Sonny’s actions or Anna’s terribleness.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Why on earth would Brooklynn try to keep Tracy from stating the obvious? Just a few weeks ago everyone had the epiphany that Sonny is not a good person, did they forget that so soon?

Brooklyn was one of the few people that didn't.

So Michael after a few seconds, goes all in with the coverup including acting nervous about the dead body as if he has not killed anyone and called someone to get rid of the body. It happened to him TWICE. Because when he met with his parents later, he was cool as a cucumber.

Moving onto to other characters. Isaiah Gannon? He is going to end up related to the Gannons on OLTL right?

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Moving onto to other characters. Isaiah Gannon? He is going to end up related to the Gannons on OLTL right?

If it brings us RJ Gannon and Nora Hannon Gannon Bucahnan I'm all for it. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

If it brings us RJ Gannon and Nora Hannon Gannon Bucahnan I'm all for it. 

As someone who didn't watch OLTL and has no clue who these characters are, I'll just say we don't need more characters with an already bloated cast.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

As someone who didn't watch OLTL and has no clue who these characters are, I'll just say we don't need more characters with an already bloated cast.

oh there's people i'd happily kick out. but that's fair. [and it wasn't really more like a permanent thing either if i'm being honest. just more of a mention of "yeah RJ's my (whomever)."]

• Like 3

I thought Drew had feelings for Nina though. Is he gonna be in a love triangle with mother and daughter?

Why did I think that Michael had grown a backbone against Sonny and was supposed to be on the right side? Why would anyone defend and protect Sonny - he never does.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dkb said:

I thought Drew had feelings for Nina though. Is he gonna be in a love triangle with mother and daughter?

I don't think so.  Drew had come around to liking Nina but Willow is the one he truly loves as far as I can tell.  I don't think that there will be a triangle, but I do think that maybe Drew might keep his encounters with Nina a secret from Willow for a while.

It looks to me like Drew and Willow are both in denial about having fallen in love.  Hopefully they will get past this stage quickly, and then reveal everything to Michael sooner rather than later.  Unfortunately I expect that they will drag things out as long as possible.

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm with you on that. Nora Buchanan was in and out of GH twice already, however. They originally brought her on as Valentin's lawyer in a custody battle with Lulu over Charlotte, and then again on Kevin's behalf. It's hard for me to believe it was seven and five years ago, respectively.

I don't mind "canceled-soap fan service" when it's done that way. It might as well be her rather than some other short-term player when an additional attorney is needed.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 10
14 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

I don't think so.  Drew had come around to liking Nina but Willow is the one he truly loves as far as I can tell.  I don't think that there will be a triangle, but I do think that maybe Drew might keep his encounters with Nina a secret from Willow for a while.

That's my feeling on this, too.  He has had fun with Nina, but he's never been into her like that. Sex with her was his rebound after ending things with Carly. And what a perfect rebound it was for him when he was a little bit bitter towards Carly and Nina is her current mortal enemy.

If I had to guess, whoever his campaign opponent is will go looking for dirt on him. At minimum, they'll discover he has slept with Nina, and will announce that. By then, he will have slept with Willow, so that will be a betrayal, in her eyes, by both Drew and Nina (which is the whole reason they had her confide in Nina about her confusing feelings for Drew, so it could be seen as a bigger deal when she discovers Nina has been sleeping with him). Or his opponent may find out about both Nina and Willow and really blow that whole thing up with a leak to the press. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

It looks to me like Drew and Willow are both in denial about having fallen in love. 

They are not in love.  The second Willow realizes that Drew has been sleeping with Nina while he continues to makes moves on her, she will realize how much she has a false impression on who Drew really is.

• Like 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

It looks to me like Drew and Willow are both in denial about having fallen in love.  Hopefully they will get past this stage quickly, and then reveal everything to Michael sooner rather than later.  Unfortunately I expect that they will drag things out as long as possible.

Id rather this gross relationship didn't happen. And still stand by both are scumbag cheaters. Guess Willow can't stay faithful how is that attractive.? I'm wanting Micheal to go at them full force. I despise Cheaters and don't find anything rootable about this pairing. Hope Willow regrets getting involved with her husband's uncle who also fucked her current mother in law AND Mother.

21 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

That's my feeling on this, too.  He has had fun with Nina, but he's never been into her like that. Sex with her was his rebound after ending things with Carly. And what a perfect rebound it was for him when he was a little bit bitter towards Carly and Nina is her current mortal enemy.

If I had to guess, whoever his campaign opponent is will go looking for dirt on him. At minimum, they'll discover he has slept with Nina, and will announce that. By then, he will have slept with Willow, so that will be a betrayal, in her eyes, by both Drew and Nina (which is the whole reason they had her confide in Nina about her confusing feelings for Drew, so it could be seen as a bigger deal when she discovers Nina has been sleeping with him). Or his opponent may find out about both Nina and Willow and really blow that whole thing up with a leak to the press. 

It's all there for Micheal to discover Drew and Willow, expose their affair and destroy Drew's political aspirations. 

Edited by Josh371982
  • Like 9
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They are not in love.  The second Willow realizes that Drew has been sleeping with Nina while he continues to makes moves on her, she will realize how much she has a false impression on who Drew really is.

I don't think that Drew having slept with Nina is necessarily a betrayal.  It's not like it's still going on now that he has moved on to Willow.  I can see her being upset or confused with Drew for a little while, depending on how long he keeps quiet about it, but ultimately I think that Willow's feelings for Drew are too strong for something like that to keep them apart.

4 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Id rather this gross relationship didn't happen. And still stand by both are scumbag cheaters. Guess Willow can't stay faithful how is that attractive.? I'm wanting Micheal to go at them full force. I despise Cheaters and don't find anything rootable about this pairing. Hope Willow regrets getting involved with her husband's uncle who also fucked her current mother in law AND Mother.

I agree that the cheating aspect of it all is despicable.  But I still think that Willow and Drew are more attracted to each other than they ever have been with anyone else.  I know that they will be hated for what they have done, but right now I can't see them being happy unless they end up together.

As for Drew being her Uncle-in-law who slept with her mother, that part doesn't really bother me.  As long as everyone is honest about it, then I personally think that it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

As for Drew being her Uncle-in-law who slept with her mother, that part doesn't really bother me.  As long as everyone is honest about it, then I personally think that it shouldn't be an issue.

But he is not being honest about it and I don't think he will stop sleeping with Nina. He never told Willow how he manipulated situations so that Nina could interact with Willow after their quid pro quo sexy times all the while Willow gushes about what a great guy Drew for getting over Nina reporting him to the SEC. He enjoys being Willow's hero and he is not really that heroic.

There is no drama if he confesses that he had previously slept with Nina. Nina knows that Willow has caught feelings for Drew and has kissed him. Now the drama will only come out when Michael discovers the betrayal but also if Willow finds out about Drew and Nina. It shouldn't be one-sided.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny and Carly are pigs for letting people think they were banging in one of the upstairs bedrooms of a house THAT ISN'T THEIRS.  

Can't expect anything less from trash.

Protagonists of the show, my ass.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He enjoys being Willow's hero and he is not really that heroic.

I thought that Drew was beginning to have some respect for Nina and how she helped him meet the congressman and her help with his campaign. But that's it, she's useful to him. And presumably good in bed on the office desk.

Drew's feelings for Willow strike me as just as much a fantasy as her feelings for him.

• Like 9
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny and Carly are pigs for letting people think they were banging in one of the upstairs bedrooms of a house THAT ISN'T THEIRS.  

The only ones who have been prohibited from having sex at the Q mansion are Cody and Sasha including in their own bedrooms.

Honestly, that is what makes the alibi believeable. People will think Sonny and Carly would have sex there. Sonny has previously had sex in a limo, in a cave, in a crypt....

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can't expect anything less from trash.

Protagonists of the show, my ass.

Today's episode was really weird.

After being a "mob boss" for decades, why doesn't Sonny have a "cleaner" (ala a Winston Wolfe from Pulp Fiction) on speed dial? Now SLS and Snarly have to be accessories after the fact. Jeez.

Ava and Jason made interesting allies. It was fascinating seeing Jasus apply his "hitman logic" on how to deal with the faux FBI Agent, who we can safely assume has been, ah, disposed of. Whoa, Sonny was right all along, at least about Jagger's motives.

While Snarly is an abomination, LW is breathtakingly lovely. That exasperated side-eye she gave Sonny with the Qs was unintentionally gorgeous. Over at GH, it seems that Rebecca Herbst is aging in reverse. Some genes there. Wonder if the writers will be going with a Liz-Ric-Lucky triangle?

ITA with the under 30 couples being totally asexual. The thought of a Spaxie love scene makes most of us cringe and Brooke Lynne/Chase have about as much heat as a cream cone. Even a pretty couple like Cody and Sasha don't have much sizzle....

Guess Dr. Gannon will be the lever that somehow brings Lucky back to PC.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why can't the ghost of Alan Quartermaine manifest and drop a roof on them both?

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew's feelings for Willow strike me as just as much a fantasy as her feelings for him.

That's the way I see it, too. There's no honesty between them.  She sees a hero who doesn't really exist. (I remember a whole bunch of people going up to Greenland and that Drew was by far the least effective member of the team. Also, Liesl, Willow? Remember her?) And he's agog at the attractive, younger woman who looks at him with stars in her eyes and who strokes his ego by telling him he can do no wrong. (She's the only one who sees you for who you really are, Drew? Really, Drew? Really? Does she see the you who's kept up the sexy times with her mother, even after the First Pure and True Kiss that Could Not Be Denied?)

They're both pretty pathetic, actually, and Willow especially, with her cult history and starting down the road of serial cheating, could use some serious therapy. If nothing else, I think she "fell in love" with Michael more because she wanted Wiley and family than she wanted him. Girl is screwed up. And, for whatever reason, they've decided to turn Drew into a sleaze.

All that said, this is one of the more interesting storylines for me right now. (If only they'd play some of the nuances, but wishes and horses and all that.) But I do hope they keep Nina in play, too, not just as Willow's mother. I'd really prefer her and Drew ending up together. They have chem to burn, and she's the one who sees you for who you really are, Drew.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Who needs Alan's ghost? Have Michael drop a roof on them. Would be the most intersting thing he's done since Claudia at least.

I know some wouldn't buy it but I'd be all for Micheal beating the crap out of Uncle Drew when he finds out, and I've already said he would likely want to make his Uncle and Wife's life hell. Probably sic Cujo and Cujo Jr on Willow, kick her out of the Q Mansion, go for full custody of Wiley, not allow her to see him and destroy Drew's Campaign.

Edited by Josh371982
  • Like 1

I don't get the two guns.  Sonny knows he shot Jagger.  I assume he'll get rid of the gun.  The gun Kristina has doesn't match the bullets they will be pulling out of Jagger, so unless she shoots someone soon, she's off the hook.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't get the two guns.  Sonny knows he shot Jagger.  I assume he'll get rid of the gun.  The gun Kristina has doesn't match the bullets they will be pulling out of Jagger, so unless she shoots someone soon, she's off the hook.

It’s possible she might go after Ava with it

• Like 2

Does the quatermaine mansion  not have security? How could nobody hear Sonny’s gun? He didn’t know how to cover up the murder?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I know some wouldn't buy it but I'd be all for Micheal beating the crap out of Uncle Drew when he finds out, and I've already said he would likely want to make his Uncle and Wife's life hell. Probably sic Cujo and Cujo Jr on Willow, kick her out of the Q Mansion, go for full custody of Wiley, not allow her to see him and destroy Drew's Campaign.

As I stated above, the SLS is no paragon of virtue or fidelity, or truth. This little prick when he was the red-haired demon-child was a little thug, throwing his weight around as Mooby's son, and who shot original Kate of the Magnificent Hair, the "STUPID LITTLE BITCH!*" And of course, the most SLS since then. He deserves NO GRACE, and Willow's affair with Drew, aside from being soapy (has it been so long that this type of storyline is a staple of what soaps are?), is the LEAST of his Just Desserts. He can SUCK IT.

*Something that Jaysus called him when Gareth first played the SORAS'D asshole and was a thing of beauty.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)

What they do now really doesn't matter. They are absolutely going to have Wagger's death blamed on someone else (or be a frame-up by Wagger!) at the end of this. Unless they're dying to repeat the A.J. gambit of 2014, which I doubt, it has to happen.

This is standard policy at the show since the Guza years. Anything that could mortally contaminate Sonny's standing gets equivocated or erased (unless it's Fat A.J., where the logic was simply "c'monnnn!"). Even Dante's offscreen childhood idol, a local cop in Brooklyn who inspired him to take down Sonny, got smeared as a crook lol.

11 hours ago, Fellaway said:

That's the way I see it, too. There's no honesty between them.  She sees a hero who doesn't really exist. (I remember a whole bunch of people going up to Greenland and that Drew was by far the least effective member of the team. Also, Liesl, Willow? Remember her?) And he's agog at the attractive, younger woman who looks at him with stars in her eyes and who strokes his ego by telling him he can do no wrong.

I agree. Which is why I think under PM at least, Nina (who he claims to hate) was the endgame. The affair is plenty hot, but it is/was the journey, not the destination. Which would be the inverse of Mulcahey's own mother-daughter political triangle on GL with Ross, Blake and Holly.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4