Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.... oh god, please no Lois centric story where learns how to tawk like a propah laydeee! 

PS. What was up with the handbag selling woman who did the bumper after Lois' segment and then either BLQ or Maxie came up to do another mini commercial. That was so random. I was waiting for an 800 number to flash on my screen! WTF was that?  

https://shophomeandheart.com.    Now, you, too, can own The Deceptor! And the vegan bags! Sigh.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

This is the most I've been interested in GH since...shit I can't count that high. Not only Lucky and Lulu obviously but Molly/Kristina and Drew/Willow interest me. I liked Lexi okay but can you imagine her and HP arguing over a baby? It would be kinda ridiculous. And KV as Molly is wonderful. I'm even excited for Ric who I haven't ever particularly cared for and it's because of her.

I'm a little like ugh really do we have to do a no-budget cheese thing with Lucky? Can't he just return to Port Charles? But I won't whine a whole bunch, it's just surreal that he's returned and played by JJ.

• Like 6
On 8/22/2024 at 3:13 PM, ffwbe said:

Curious why they bothered temp recasting Sam for this episode. Yeah she should be there but it’s not like she had any substantive to do. They could have just as easily said she was sick or Scout was sick and she had to stay home. They do that all of the time when other characters are missing from big events 

Just finished watching the week. I was surprised they even wrote Sam in these scenes even if KM was playing them. I think LK had 2 throwaway lines of little consequence. Of course, it would look weird if Sam wasn’t there but it also didn’t really call for a replacement. Unless, it’s for longer than we know. 

I thought the gravesite scenes were good. Mansi and Vaganos were really going for it and giving it their all. I know they are bff’s so I’m sure they enjoyed it. It’s great to Rick Hearst back. Oddly enough, the only person he’s worked with before was NLG at either graveside or at Curtis and Portia’s house. He’s a pro and he did well with Nununu Molly. Hopefully, he gets to interact with Sonny and others. I’m not sure if this is a one off or he’s doing a long arc. 

I also liked the earlier Trina & Joss stuff at the gallery. It was nice to see Trina give Joss some sh*t. LOL!!!!! 

It’s good to see JJ again. Hopefully, he’s not held captive too long. I hate when they bring characters back and they are held captive when we just want them home in Port Charles. It’s such a dumb plot that’s been played to death.

Finally, I guess nuLulu is returning sooner rather than later. Will we be told of the casting beforehand or will she randomly come on screen like Lindsay Kerman did at the church. Who could it be? A name actress or a newbie? 

• Like 4

A name might bring in some fans but a newbie would be cheaper. I think it's probably a newbie because a name would have been publicized. 

As for Lucky, if they must make Lucky blameless for going no contact with his family, why not stuck on a deserted island for a few years? 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, norahs99 said:

Plus, they seemed to go out of their way to make it seem like Molly & TJ are awful people due to the way they express their concern for THEIR unborn child.

Molly & TJ are horrible people just on general principle. Railing on Kristina or sitting on a park bench eating ice cream cones. They're just terrible human beings, IMO.

On another note, it was nice for Alexis to remind Kristina of who her namesake is. Alexis's reasoning for Molly and Krissy to end their animus was totally on point. Sometimes you don't know what people really mean to you until they're gone.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Molly & TJ are horrible people just on general principle. Railing on Kristina or sitting on a park bench eating ice cream cones. They're just terrible human beings, IMO.

On another note, it was nice for Alexis to remind Kristina of who her namesake is. Alexis's reasoning for Molly and Krissy to end their animus was totally on point. Sometimes you don't know what people really mean to you until they're gone.

I feel like we're seeing two young people who don't know how to function and treat/talk to others when they're not in professional lawyer and doctor mode. I thought it was interesting that neither one of them had a single friend (extra/day player) show up to offer condolences. They do not have the life maturity and forward outlook to be parents, and neither does Kristina. Not that these factors are a consideration in real life when a woman or couple has a baby, but if the Show intends that we as the audience will take sides about who is prepared to be a parent, why haven't we seen a nursery/furniture delivered, solid plans (not general references) for parental leave from work, and or plans for the grandparents to be involved in the first weeks and months of baby's life?  At the minimum, Kristina should have had a line about how she knows she can take care of the baby on her current income. The only one who has been smart during this storyline is Alexis.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I’m also Team Alexis. She’s the only one I feel sympathy for because she knew this would happen and she warned them against doing this. Her worst nightmare came true. Her daughters are estranged, and one daughter is blaming her. It’s a mess. I feel bad for her! I also agree that there would have been no reason for her to tell Tolly about Kristina’s plans. What good would that have done. Alexis was hoping Kristina would keep the promise she made to her sister. She was operating on hope. 

I think Molly has every right to be angry that Kristina was going to keep the baby. That’s wrong and inexcusable, IMO! It’s when she accused Kristina of murdering the baby and being incapable of love that goes too far! But ever since the recasts, we’ve gotten a Molly that has little respect for her sister. At times, I’ve wondered if Molly even likes Kristina. Her opinion of Krissy is rock bottom! They toned that down a bit when KV was hired but it reared its ugly head again w/her too. It makes me wonder why Tolly chose someone they don’t respect and see as a generally flaky, untrustworthy loser! 

As a lot of you mentioned, the main problem with this story for me is the writing. Aside from the sister conflict and division being contrived and OOC, the story wasn’t written well. We never saw Tolly going to doctor’s appts or doing anything normal and fun with Kristina. They were never around to feel the baby kick or indulge one of Kristina’s cravings. They just treated Kristina like an incubator, which is odd b/c she’s Molly’s sister. She should have been closer to them than a surrogate they didn’t know. The only time they showed Tolly being interested in this baby was when they were yelling at Kristina about going to parties, getting upset, and just living life! Their pain is just not resonating with me though the acting is good. Kristina’s pain feels real. The writers should have done more to connect Tolly with the baby. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 11

Their pain is just not resonating with me though the acting is good. Kristina’s pain feels real. The writers should have done more to connect Tolly with the baby. 

That's my problem with this as well.  It wasn't until after the baby's death that we got details about the nursery and baby clothes and maternity leave.  By then it was too late to make me see Tolly as upcoming parents enough to belive in their grief now. 

Also the show made a mistake in not giving us a Tolly/baby goodbye scene like they did with Sasha and her baby. That would have gone a long way in reminding us what was at stake for them as well.  .  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Ric had a nice moment there of wanting to comfort Kristina, but knowing his place was with Molly (and not being welcomed by Sam, especially.)

That was so good I wondered if it was in the script or Rick Hearst did it because he knows the show's history.

12 hours ago, Daisy said:
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm Team Alexis.

me too

Sitting at this table as well. She can't win. If she comforts Molly, she's against Kristina; if she comforts Kristina, she's coddling her as she always does. Oof. 

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I was waiting for an 800 number to flash on my screen! WTF was that?  

So was I! And then BLQ says she has to have one of the bags. The whole thing was so out of left field.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel like we're seeing two young people who don't know how to function and treat/talk to others when they're not in professional lawyer and doctor mode. I thought it was interesting that neither one of them had a single friend (extra/day player) show up to offer condolences.

the thing is i don't even think they have friends. like even from when Tolly was little - all they did was interact with each other, and Kristina/Michael/Morgan. TJ isn't friends with anyone in the hospital (like cute black afro nurse, or even chatty amy). he speaks to Portia and Terry but not in a "oh okay we need a friend moment, not a you are my boss/i'm your mentee" 

There are no "girls" that Molly hangs out with, no one at the office.nada.  and for me - like even in my most insular of moments - I have one ride and die friend. but all these 2 have are each other and their families.  which emphasizes the point that Molly really should not have mixed her peanut butter with her chocolate. 

Honestly for me. it just feels like this is missing something (it's missing a lot of somethings). like how the baby died was an accident. Kristina didn't plan to go through a window. like sure. you can say that she didn't  have to confront Ava until after she gave birth, and grief or not everyone is treating this like Kristina decided to go to the local bar, slug one back, and got hit by a car because she was drunk or something. Like y'all said - we never saw them like bond with the baby to be at all, pick out names, plan the nursery. it really just felt like it was a transaction or something. So imo it kind of maybe escalated Kristina's maternal instincts because maybe on some level she felt like something was off. 

I just don't know why Tolly didn't use an egg donor bank. honestly, considering how "non traditional" Molly is, I don't understand why she didn't just go  - okay since we can't have a biological baby - why not adopt a little asian baby or something. (and then go through the struggles of adopting) 

58 minutes ago, lala2 said:

It’s when she accused Kristina of murdering the baby and being incapable of love that goes too far!

that is when I firmly expected Kristina to rear back and bitch slap Molly. Because that's what I would have done. that baby was Kristina's biological daughter and would have been her niece. so this whole screeching about "my daughter" from Molly, maybe just take a moment to remember it was Kristina's daughter too - as well as her niece, and Alexis's granddaughter.  I'm sorry but it legitimately is not all about you in this moment. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Several others brought up adoption to Molly before they decided to go the surrogacy route. She didn’t want to because TJ “deserved” to have a biological child. That was the first sign for me that she wasn’t ready to have a kid and should have worked through her issues with her diagnosis before pursing this. TJ wasn’t insistent on having a biological child and it always sounded like she felt guilty about her medical issues being the reason that they couldn’t have a child the traditional way so she was trying to essentially fix things the best she could. 

Not using an egg donor was for an equally stupid reason- they were told that they’d have to start back over at the bottom of the list after the first surrogate miscarried and they didn’t want to wait. Keep in mind that it had only been like 6 months since they decided to do a surrogacy in the first place and in that time, they had already selected a surrogate who got pregnant and miscarried. It’s not like they were waiting around for years.

Molly and TJ were just being immature and are a cause of a lot of their own problems. TJ never wanted to use Kristina as the surrogate, basically changed his mind for 2 weeks and as soon as she got pregnant, every time we saw him, he was bitching about Kristina and making it obvious that he thought her being their surrogate was all a big mistake.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

It makes me wonder why Tolly chose someone they don’t respect and see as a generally flaky, untrustworthy loser! 

Because Kristina being the surrogate meant this baby was related to Molly by blood as well. The problem is that Molly has been in utter denial of the reality that Kristina is - now was - in fact the baby's mother until she signed away her rights and gave it up for adoption. All this time Molly has thought of the baby as hers and TJ's completely, with Kristina "just" handling the pregnancy part because Molly's body can't do it.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

the thing is i don't even think they have friends. 

There are no "girls" that Molly hangs out with, no one at the office.nada.  and for me - like even in my most insular of moments - I have one ride and die friend. but all these 2 have are each other and their families.  which emphasizes the point that Molly really should not have mixed her peanut butter with her chocolate. 

Like y'all said - we never saw them like bond with the baby to be at all, pick out names, plan the nursery. it really just felt like it was a transaction or something. So imo it kind of maybe escalated Kristina's maternal instincts because maybe on some level she felt like something was off. 

that baby was Kristina's biological daughter and would have been her niece. so this whole screeching about "my daughter" from Molly, maybe just take a moment to remember it was Kristina's daughter too - as well as her niece, and Alexis's granddaughter.  I'm sorry but it legitimately is not all about you in this moment. 

I remember a scene when HP was playing Molly and she complained about being so busy with her friend's wedding (I don't remember the name). I think it was pretty close to the time that TJ proposed. I thought Molly would have at least that girl friend show up for her, or maybe some day player who has known the Davis sisters for a long time. The fact that the only non-family member (not counting the spouses) of the Davises or Ashfords who showed up was Kristina's former stepsister/her brother's other adult sister, is just sad. 

It did escalate Kristina's feelings. She told Alexis there were moments when she felt she loved the baby more than they did; like having a baby was another check mark on their list of life goals/accomplishments. 

Molly jumped on the "this is about us" train after TJ yelled at her in the cemetery. The baby's birth was supposed to be "their" moment and right now, Molly does not care about Alexis being heartbroken due to "being on Kristina's side" and she's angry at Kristina for a) the argument with Ava culminating in the accident that killed the baby b) for the petition she found and c) for giving a eulogy that highlights all the pregnancy moments Molly chose to miss.  

It's very obvious that Molly deeply resents that Kristina has spent almost 9  months bonding with the baby, that she hasn't worked through her feelings about her diagnosis, and that she wants to make TJ happy because she's still trying to convince herself that he's the great love of her life. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Love 1

I don't know how Stella and crew arranged the funeral without the legal mother's consent.  How did they get the body released to them?  Would there be a death certificate with TJ's name on it?

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Also the show made a mistake in not giving us a Tolly/baby goodbye scene like they did with Sasha and her baby. That would have gone a long way in reminding us what was at stake for them as well.  .  

That's a good point. The way TJ and Molly especially kept saying 'my baby', it was like the baby was an object rather than a living being.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

that is when I firmly expected Kristina to rear back and bitch slap Molly. Because that's what I would have done. that baby was Kristina's biological daughter and would have been her niece. so this whole screeching about "my daughter" from Molly, maybe just take a moment to remember it was Kristina's daughter too - as well as her niece, and Alexis's granddaughter.  I'm sorry but it legitimately is not all about you in this moment.

To TJ and Molly, it always has been all about them. It was about Molly's need to have a children after she was told that she couldn't carry one, and about TJ's need to control every aspect of the situation. They may have been preparing for a baby with a nursery but they weren't bonding with it. If anyone was singing to the baby and reading her stories, it wasn't Molly or TJ.  Jordan's 100% blind support of her son isn't making anything better.

I understand why Molly might have wanted to use Kristina's egg -- that way she would have a biological connection to the baby as TJ has as well as a clear medical history. I think they should just have taken the egg and used another surrogate.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Molly jumped on the "this is about us" train after TJ yelled at her in the cemetery. The baby's birth was supposed to be "their" moment and right now, Molly does not care about Alexis being heartbroken due to "being on Kristina's side" and she's angry at Kristina for a) the argument with Ava culminating in the accident that killed the baby b) for the petition she found and c) for giving a eulogy that highlights all the pregnancy moments Molly chose to miss.  

It's very obvious that Molly deeply resents that Kristina has spent almost 9  months bonding with the baby, that she hasn't worked through her feelings about her diagnosis, and that she wants to make TJ happy because she's still trying to convince herself that he's the great love of her life.

I agree that this was supposed to be "their" moment and they resent anyone taking that away. More evidence that they are too immature to be parents.

Also agreed about Molly's feelings and that she hasn't worked through any of them. Not surprising for someone who could always do and have whatever she wanted if she just worked hard enough. Being confronted by something that she has no control over, she's struggling to paper over the cracks and make everything as perfect as she demands it to be.

Another one who will need therapy is Kristina. She's always been the family screw-up, the one who leads with her emotions and they get her in trouble time and time again. (I've been thinking of Kristina as having ADHD because it explains much.) She offered to be Molly's surrogate out of love but she screwed it up, the ultimate screw up. Kristina is going to hate herself even more now with the death of that baby that she loved and her sister hating her.

Of the four young people in this story, Blaze is the only one who was self-aware enough to know that she should not be a parent right now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I remember a scene when HP was playing Molly and she complained about being so busy with her friend's wedding

Ugh, I remember that. Molly didn't want to be in the wedding, and we were all complaining that she could say no! It was so aggravating.

• Like 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Daisy said:
21 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel like we're seeing two young people who don't know how to function and treat/talk to others when they're not in professional lawyer and doctor mode. I thought it was interesting that neither one of them had a single friend (extra/day player) show up to offer condolences.

the thing is i don't even think they have friends. like even from when Tolly was little - all they did was interact with each other, and Kristina/Michael/Morgan. TJ isn't friends with anyone in the hospital (like cute black afro nurse, or even chatty amy). he speaks to Portia and Terry but not in a "oh okay we need a friend moment, not a you are my boss/i'm your mentee" 

Great point. On the whole, today's GH does not portray friendships well.  Alexis and Jax felt real. Kevin and Mac felt real (where did that go???). Luke and Robert had a brother vibe most of the time. Robert and Sean Donnelly clearly had deep affection for each other.

A lot of the characters talk about being friends - see Mooby and St. Jasus as prime examples - but you get the feeling they can turn on each other at the drop of a hat.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Edited b/c I mixed up Britt and Terri with Britt and Brad.
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Kevin and Mac felt real (where did that go???).

it didn't go anywhere. but Kevin simply isn't on that much (and when he is, he's strictly with Laura 90% of the time) & JJY was sick and just came back(ish) to work. 

10 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Terri and Britt.

i don't think they were best friends. they were working towards being just good friends. Brad and Britt were true blue BFFS even when they fought etc.  I do feel Trina bends way too much - but She & Joss i'd say are besties (and then of course Cam/Trina/Joss before Joss shoved her tongue down Cam's throat). though if you truly asked me - Trina is more of a bestie for Joss than Joss is a bestie for Trina if that makes sense

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

That's a good point. The way TJ and Molly especially kept saying 'my baby', it was like the baby was an object rather than a living being.

I will say.. i know someone who had a baby and she loves her daughters  but she loathed both pregnancies. like. every single moment of it. it was very akin to Charlotte King on Private Practice calling her pregnancy an infestation of her womb. like she never at one moment had that "omg I'm pregnant"  feeling so it was for her 100 percent an "object" basically until she gave birth. And then of course the whole. oh my god my baayybbeeeeee kicked in.  so i could sort of it being like that for Tolly. (but it doesn't really excuse all the extra controlling behaviour). it really is like the writers read a bad YA novel on adoption/surrogacy or something. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

female friendships are more frequent and even less consistent,

I would disagree with that.  You have:

Alexis and Diane, Trina and Joss, Sasha and Willow, Sasha and Nina, before the implosion Ava and Nina, Maxie and Brooklyn, Maxie and Nina.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I just watched the Thursday/Friday episodes.  For me, everything about the funeral and the cemetery scenes felt off, and overwrought.  I lay the blame directly at the feet of the writers, who basically forgot to tell the story that led up to those scenes.  They seem to rely very heavily on after-the-fact verbal exposition, instead of showing us---which is an odd approach, considering they're writing for a visual medium.  Without their having engaged me in the antecedent story, I find it hard to be moved by the culmination.

Having said that, I've enjoyed both actresses in their scenes, and NLG as well. I was not familiar with Kate Mansi before she came to GH, and have been impressed (absent today's loud sobbing) with her skills.  She's made me fond of her character.  

I'm not quite sure why we got any Deception scenes today, but it did occur to me that all they really have to do is put Tracy on air and have her claim to have used the Deceptor to achieve her timeless beauty.  Sales will soar.

For me, Maxie, Dante and Laura ruled the day.  They made me anxious to see Lulu again, and invested in what will happen within all of those relationships.  I'm reserving judgment on Lucky, because I don't trust the writers and because I am tired of everyone from PC being held prisoner somewhere for some reason.  That got old a long time ago.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, Cheyanne11 said:
On 8/24/2024 at 4:26 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

female friendships are more frequent and even less consistent,

I would disagree with that.  You have:

Alexis and Diane, Trina and Joss, Sasha and Willow, Sasha and Nina, before the implosion Ava and Nina, Maxie and Brooklyn, Maxie and Nina.  

I stand corrected. Maybe I should have said friendships aren't as focused on as much as years past.

In other news, I wonder what's planned for Lucky since JJ has said he's going to be around for awhile...

A really cool role for him would be Port Chuckles Police Commissioner. Anna's got to lose her badge once Laura realizes the lie about Valentin.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

A name might bring in some fans but a newbie would be cheaper. I think it's probably a newbie because a name would have been publicized. 

As for Lucky, if they must make Lucky blameless for going no contact with his family, why not stuck on a deserted island for a few years? 

The rumor is Lulu has been Recast with Stephanie Gatschet (Tammy from Guiding Light and Madison from All My Children) but we shall see if true.

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And it seems like Mac is pretty much retired.

No. He’s chief of detectives. I haven’t seen anything that said he left the force.

That's interesting - since JYY has returned, we haven't really seen him involved with any police stuff that I can recall - just the Cody nonsense. That's what led me to believe he was at least semi-retired. But I've been kind of half-watching for awhile now.

Edited by Winston Wolfe

Why does this show continue all these deception story lines? So boring.

who was the lady that was selling the handbags?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I don’t think GH has done friendships well since the days of the four musketeers. Molly’s also kinda fallen in that area where there’s really been no one else in her age group aside from family and TJ. She and Morgan were buddies when they were younger since they were close in age and then there was the brief time better left forgotten when snow angel Rafe was on the canvas, but other than that it doesn’t seem like there’s been much interest in giving Molly a story outside of family, work. and TJ. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, JMO said:

I am tired of everyone from PC being held prisoner somewhere for some reason

If they can't go upstairs for a three-month nap (like Bree Williamson did on OLTL for her maternity leave), they're held captive somewhere to explain the absence. Do viewers really need to know where he's been? I know I don't much care, especially since it seems it will involve another dumb, tortured explanation. Feh.

4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I've been kind of half-watching for awhile now.

Haven't we all? Heh.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, ljr said:

Why does this show continue all these deception story lines? So boring.

who was the lady that was selling the handbags?

Now that ABC views it as a revenue stream, Deception will go and on.

https://shophomeandheart.com.

I have enjoyed most of the Deception stories. However, now that Natalia is in the mix, I'm fast losing interest. 

• Like 4
On 8/23/2024 at 10:59 PM, tessabq said:

https://shophomeandheart.com.    Now, you, too, can own The Deceptor! And the vegan bags! Sigh.

OMG.

Well, at least I have been proved right that the decepter is a red light tool.  I said that from the start.   I think I'll hang onto my solawave tho!

2 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

I don’t think GH has done friendships well since the days of the four musketeers. Molly’s also kinda fallen in that area where there’s really been no one else in her age group aside from family and TJ. She and Morgan were buddies when they were younger since they were close in age and then there was the brief time better left forgotten when snow angel Rafe was on the canvas, but other than that it doesn’t seem like there’s been much interest in giving Molly a story outside of family, work. and TJ. 

GH hasn't done friendship scenes of more than 2 people since Robin "died" in the lab explosion so Kimberly McCullough could start her directing career. Elizabeth, Robin, Emily and two other women from the hospital (not contract players) would have GNOs in addition to their personal conversations. I don't count Molly and Morgan's relationship as kids because they were cousins with a sibling in common. When HP's Molly was trying to keep TJ from finding out about her one night stand with Brando (she thought TJ was done with her because Jordan was so cruel when TJ was kidnapped), she made a point of telling him that she and TJ fit so well together because they studied so much and were workaholics. So I agree the writers have not given Molly a life outside of family, law stuff, and TJ.  

• Like 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If they can't go upstairs for a three-month nap (like Bree Williamson did on OLTL for her maternity leave), they're held captive somewhere to explain the absence. Do viewers really need to know where he's been? I know I don't much care, especially since it seems it will involve another dumb, tortured explanation. Feh.

honestly you know what would have been more realistic. Lucky fell off the wagon a few times, and was in and out of rehab. make a story out of that. it's realistic. it's something that Aiden can "worry" about (ie: what if that's like him). whatever. 

i also don't know why the show goes out of the way to make people not on screen suck. it takes 3 seconds to go "Oh i was JUST off the phone with Lucky. Oh. Lucky came to visit Lulu over thanksgiving, you just missed him he's in the bathroom." SOMETHING. not everyone gets kidnapped and kept in chains, GH. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i also don't know why the show goes out of the way to make people not on screen suck. it takes 3 seconds to go "Oh i was JUST off the phone with Lucky. Oh. Lucky came to visit Lulu over thanksgiving, you just missed him he's in the bathroom." SOMETHING. not everyone gets kidnapped and kept in chains, GH. 

I wouldn't have an issue if this was the third time in two years the show gave the exact same reason for someone disappearing. They did it with Drew and Jason (his chains were figurative), and now Lucky. Let's not get into all the previous times someone was off-screen and held prisoner - the Spencer family alone has more than a few occurrences. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

The handbag lady was Andy Paige. She's a QVC guest host.

I actually knew her from the show Starting Over, which was 6 women living in a house in Chicago with life coaches and a psychiatrist trying to help them overcome whatever is stopping them from moving forwards in their life. Andy was a former model who wanted to become a style consultant (focusing on affordable beauty and style).

She had just lost her twin, who'd murdered her (the twin's) boyfriend and then killed herself. She had major trust issues and difficulty connecting to people.

You could see back then she had major host vibes - I am not shocked at all she's at QVC now.

• Useful 6

They probably got tired of having to write exit stories for TG every time he went on vacation “Luke is taking a 3-month course on cuckoo clock making from a German master artist!” so the prisoner route is the easier way to go and doesn’t require writing any nuance. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Didn't Holly also emerge from captivity for her last stint?  And wasn't she cooperating with Victor to save Ethan, who was also in captivity?

I guess, technically, Nicholas is in captivity too.  

Re: the missing Scotty.  Did he just run from Spoon Island when he saw Jason, or are we to believe something happened to him?  I realize the actor is probably just on vacation, but they've mentioned him more in absentia this past week than they do when he's on screen.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JMO said:

Didn't Holly also emerge from captivity for her last stint?  And wasn't she cooperating with Victor to save Ethan, who was also in captivity?

Yes they were both in captivity. When I saw the feet in chains, my first thought was that they forgot Lucky in Greece.

Then I was like, well, Valentin probably kidnapped him and is crying over it somewhere in Europe. 

• LOL 5
On 8/24/2024 at 12:23 AM, ulkis said:

I'm a little like ugh really do we have to do a no-budget cheese thing with Lucky? Can't he just return to Port Charles? But I won't whine a whole bunch, it's just surreal that he's returned and played by JJ.

I doubt this prisoner/hostage situation is a long-term situation like with Drew. Laura mentioned that Lucas wanted to get in touch with Lucky, when they all found out this winter that Bobbie passed away. I will guess that Lucky was working on something in Ireland (where Aiden visited him years ago) or Africa (where he was supposedly helping orphans at one point) and got himself into trouble. Luke had a history of needing to get himself away from dangerous people or situations, e.g. Frank Smith, Cassadines, etc.

Laura said she wished she knew where Lucky was. She didn't seem frantic like she hadn't been in touch with him for a year + or like he's presumed dead.  

It's still unoriginal for the Show, though. I could swear that Luke and Laura's big adventure leading up to Geary's retirement was going off to rescue Lucky, who had been kidnapped. Geary and JJ's last scene together was just after Lucky returned not dead little boy Jake to Elizabeth. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When HP's Molly was trying to keep TJ from finding out about her one night stand with Brando (she thought TJ was done with her because Jordan was so cruel when TJ was kidnapped), she made a point of telling him that she and TJ fit so well together because they studied so much and were workaholics.

I'd forgotten about that. Maybe Kristina wasn't so wrong after all about the possibility of Molly and TJ breaking up in the future. Certainly it's easy to fanwank about the lack of communication and adaptation in their relationship.

• Like 1

The being held captive thing has definitely been done to death, but at least Lucky wasn't just talking to rocks all this time, I guess?  I hope he's back in PC soon and the prisoner saga doesn't drag on. 

All of the scenes around Lulu were great. Maxie giving Lulu a manicure every week is sweet and such a Maxie thing to do. 

Are they trying to walk back a lot of the damage that's been done to Ava over the past several months?  They seem to be moving her back towards a friendship with Nina, and it seems like they're trying to reset her relationship with Sonny back to that wary cooperation thing. Molly is blaming Kristina for the baby's death, so all of her anger and vengeance will be focused on her sister instead of Ava.  And Natalia apparently isn't going to be the only one who gets the favor of the show forgetting the homophobic rant storyline. That's probably going to go away for Ava, too. They're going to flip it from her being the root of all evil to Jagger being the root of all evil. Sonny warning her that Jagger wants to kill her felt like an anvil. She's going to end up killing Jagger in self-defense, isn't she? (Or someone else will have to kill him to save Ava from him.) 

Kristina has definitely not been above reproach with this whole story, but I'm more on her side than Molly and TJ.  It was like TJ's asshole switch was flipped the second two lines showed up on Kristina's pregnancy test. And, as others have mentioned, we never saw them talk about the pregnancy in any terms other than being pissy about Kristina daring to live her life while carrying their property baby. Also, ever since the whole TJ was kidnapped but Molly thought he was ghosting her story, I've felt like Molly just got back with him because she thought it was what she was supposed to do. She's the good girl who, of course took her boyfriend back when she found out where he'd been. But I have had the impression ever since that she just has not been as into him as she used to be. (Also, HP's Molly had way more chemistry with Brando during the ONS than she or current Molly has ever had with TJ). It's like Molly has just been going along with what she's supposed to do and be. When she thought she might be pregnant, she decided that she needed to have a baby ASAP. So, when she found out she couldn't have one the natural way, she never took time to grieve that. She just went right to "well, we need to have one now, so let's get a surrogate." And then that process had to get started ASAP.  And when she miscarried, they needed to get going on a new surrogacy immediately. She never took a breath. TJ back then, at least, seemed to want to take a little time to mourn and regroup. But Molly was full steam ahead and practically ready to go at Kristina with a turkey baster. 

FF to the funeral. I swear, after she told everyone off, she looked happy, almost excited. I half expected her to drag TJ off to some corner of the house to bang out that excited energy. It was the first time in months that Molly had any kind of spark to her. It was kind of weird.  

Credit to Ric Hearst. I thought he did a good job at the cemetery without saying a word. His instinct was to go to Kristina when she collapsed, but he stopped himself and let Alexis and Sam handle that. And then his lingering moment when he looked back at her as they were leaving the cemetery. I can't help but wondering how much of that was RH remembering that Ric helped raise Kristina for a little while and she's his niece. 

And, hell, as much as TJ has been a dick for months, as a doctor, he checked on Kristina when she went down, so credit to him for that. (Also, I expected Molly to lose it on him for going to her, but she was too turned on by going off on everyone to get mad at him, I guess?) 

Everyone who loves Molly should be talking about getting her into therapy. She needs to deal with a lot of shit before she should even think about considering starting the surrogate process again. 

Mostly, though, I'm team Alexis. She tried to be the voice of reason and get the three of them to slow down, really consider what they were doing, and put some safeguards in place. But they all ignored her. Now she's stuck in the middle between two of her daughters, precisely because they didn't listen to her about the contract at the start, and Kristina didn't listen to her about filing for custody. And Molly just went right to shitting on her instead of asking some questions and giving her a chance to explain. 

The person whose team I'm definitely not on? Jordan.  Jesus, slow the fuck down, Jordan. "Alex is and Kristina were trying to steal MY grandchild." That's going to get tiresome really quickly. 

I'm almost afraid to say this, but I kind of wish they'd keep LH around as Sam.  KeMo has seemed kind of over the role for a while now, imo. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Kristina wasn't so wrong after all about the possibility of Molly and TJ breaking up in the future.

Any couple can break up in the future. That's what annoys me about this line of thinking from Kristina.

8 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Everyone who loves Molly should be talking about getting her into therapy.

Molly, TJ, and Kristina all desperately need therapy, immediately.

8 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

The person whose team I'm definitely not on? Jordan.  Jesus, slow the fuck down, Jordan. "Alexis and Kristina were trying to steal MY grandchild." That's going to get tiresome really quickly. 

Why is Jordan? She adds nothing to the canvas. At the very beginning, with Vinessa Antoine, she had a bit of purpose, but now she's just pointless, spouting off about stuff she knows nothing about.

• Like 8
(edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 10:16 AM, lala2 said:

I think Molly has every right to be angry that Kristina was going to keep the baby. That’s wrong and inexcusable, IMO!  It’s when she accused Kristina of murdering the baby and being incapable of love that goes too far! But ever since the recasts, we’ve gotten a Molly that has little respect for her sister. At times, I’ve wondered if Molly even likes Kristina. Her opinion of Krissy is rock bottom! 

Same. Neither sister is a prize, and I hate the whole story, but Molly and TJ are just bothering me more, and have for the whole duration of this surrogacy mess. If I had a sister who spoke to me the way Molly spoke to Kristina, I'd never speak to her again. That would be a long-haul estrangement. At this point, I hope Molly and TJ never even get to parent a goldfish.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
On 8/23/2024 at 4:01 PM, Daisy said:

I have to say it was a nice touch by Ric to almost reach for Kristina, but then stop - especially when Molly kept screaming how Alexis is always team Kristina. and then when she and TJ stormed off, Ric turned back and just gave this look of I really wish I could help but... just a tiny reminder that it is his niece as well as stepdaughter once upon a time and it is very ugly. 

I saw that and loved it-little Kristina used to call him Daddy Ric, which made Sonny's head explode.  

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Jordan? She adds nothing to the canvas. At the very beginning, with Vinessa Antoine, she had a bit of purpose, but now she's just pointless, spouting off about stuff she knows nothing about.

I’m honestly so confused as to why they recast the character and brought her back to town because she seems so disconnected to everyone when she is on. She’s not at the PCPD anymore and there’s not a big need to feature a character as the assistant mayor, we hardly even see Laura doing anything as the actual mayor. Jordan hasn’t had a love interest since she came back aside from a random ONS with a dayplayer who hasn’t been on since. Her only friend is Anna whose friendship they’ve pretty much forgotten about. I suspect that they limit how much they give her with TJ because every time they share solo scenes together, they look more like siblings or bf/gf than mother/son. She’s not the only actor whose close in age IRL with the actor playing their child but she also doesn’t give off a maternal energy in their scenes to combat it like LLC does with DZ. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Same. Neither sister is a prize, and I hate the whole story, but Molly and TJ are just bothering me more, and have for the whole duration of this surrogacy mess. If I had a sister who spoke to me the way Molly spoke to Kristina, I'd never speak to her again. That would be a long-haul estrangement. At this point, I hope Molly and TJ never even get to parent a goldfish.  

As my mom would say, Molly had right in her hand and threw it away to be wrong. I really hate it that Kristina decided to go "boohoohoo I did love the baby." Like i said that's when I would have open hand slapped Molly and gave her some cold truths right back. 

Also didn't like it how Molly is like "oh Sam and Mom are going to beg me to forgive Kristina" like. be pissed that she wasn't going to give you the baby. be pissed that shed didn't listen to reason and went to confront Ava and she flew out the window. but for being so heinously cold? yeah you should apologize for that

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

So Lulu, having received marrow from Nikolas, should be making Nikolas's blood type in her system. A liver transplant requires matching blood type. So if he is not a match it's going to have to be because of something not blood type related. Like he has high blood pressure or suddenly contracted hep C in prison or something.

I like the dude Lucky is helping. He can come to Port Charles.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
(edited)

So Anna summoned Robert because she needs him to fix her Valentin mistake because of pressure from Laura to get Charlotte back. Lovely. 

Lulu having the same condition as an alcoholic is so weird to me. With Laura's heartbreak and anger and Elizabeth providing support, you would think she never stopped being Laura's DIL. Laura and Dante coming together to save Lulu is touching as well; great work by GF and DZ.

Lucky's currently a mercenary and his "test" for saying he wants to work in that compound is being asked by a white man to kill a black doctor at point blank range. That's a ... choice, Show. (The gun not actually being fully loaded is beside the point!) So Lucky trying to rescue this doctor without a plan, is more important than being a present father for Aiden? Lucky repeating an old Luke saying did not make me cheer.

Tracy trying to restrain her emotion at Lulu's bedside got me. Not so much the line about Luke's heart, courage, etc. Spare me. 

Brennan asking Carly out and wanting to work with Jason makes me 🙄

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh wonderful so the Lois accent story is still happening.  Lovely 🙄.

Tracy made me tear up.  Jane is just so wonderful.

Brooklyn shouldn’t have told Chase Lulu’s personal business.  I know it’s pretty much common knowledge but it really wasn’t her place.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 2

Tracy in a pinafore is not something I ever thought I'd see, even if she is repotting plants and it's appropriate.

50 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Anna summoned Robert because she needs him to fix her Valentin mistake because of pressure from Laura to get Charlotte back. Lovely. 

I wish Robert had laughed in her face and told her to stuff it. Anna is awful.

51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brennan asking Carly out and wanting to work with Jason makes me 🙄

I kind of enjoyed his chutzpah at asking her out after using her so blatantly to get Jason to the office. But wanting to work with Jason? I also *rme*. So dumb.

9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Brooklyn shouldn’t have told Chase Lulu’s personal business.  I know it’s pretty much common knowledge but it really wasn’t her place.

Wait, Lulu had an abortion? (Callback to when that was all she ever talked about.)

Lucky's reintroduction is boring me. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1