Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

TJ and Molly need to stop acting as if Kristina is deliberately trying to contradict them. They're so hateful toward her. They barely try to give her any benefit of the doubt. They're treating her like an incubator and it's gross.

LOL at Cyrus's face when Heather barged in: "Here we go." Hee. That said, I'm tired of her barging in everywhere and screaming like a banshee.

These Jason anvils are relentless. I wonder when we'll start to see him skulk around Port Charles, watching people with tears in his eyes.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

The highlight of today was Jeff Kober, as usual. I can’t believe how much I have grown to love Cyrus.

He is the definition of making lemonade out of rotten lemons.

TJ needs to STFU. His attitude toward Kristina is really bad. Even worst than Molly. Maybe Kristina should have been included in the conversation about the baby's gender instead of copping an attitude about it. She's giving them something they desperately want, so how about a little gratitude instead of frowns. TJ and Molly are such a joyless couple. I find them so devoid of real emotion. Two self-involved automatons paired together.

Dare I say that we might have a mature couple with Kristina and Blaze. I thought it was an overall good conversation. But it's not like no one saw what Kristina experienced coming. 

Not a bad episode overall. But yes, we get it, the cyborg is on his way back and his kid is missing him just in time to be disappointed by him. No one will sold me on Jason being some kind of a good father to his sons.

• Like 12

This would be AMAZING and so Ava.  She is also the one who told Nina to report Carly in the first place, and then later denied it.  Claiming she was just kidding.  I would love this. 

• Like 7

It's in character for who Ava used to be. But they've been softening her character for a long time, and while she isn't as namby-pamby recently as she was for a few years there she's still too civil/cozy with Sonny, Carly, etc. I would love it if it was all a feint though. If Guza was here (for better or worse) he'd do it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

You guys are way more optimistic than me. It would be a better story for Ava to be plotting but I think she’s relishing being close to Sonny. Why, I don’t know because he treated her like crap before NF and did everything he could to limit her time with Avery. But since Sonny’s in his betrayal era, at least them being close has an end date. If there’s a hint of Ava going behind Nina’s back to get with Sonny, no way Nina wouldn’t immediately tell him how his new bff knew about the SEC secret the entire time and initially encouraged Nina reporting them and later not to tell Sonny. 

• Like 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

You guys are way more optimistic than me. It would be a better story for Ava to be plotting but I think she’s relishing being close to Sonny. Why, I don’t know because he treated her like crap before NF and did everything he could to limit her time with Avery. But since Sonny’s in his betrayal era, at least them being close has an end date. If there’s a hint of Ava going behind Nina’s back to get with Sonny, no way Nina wouldn’t immediately tell him how his new bff knew about the SEC secret the entire time and initially encouraged Nina reporting them and later not to tell Sonny. 

I think the plan under the exiting writers was absolutely for Sonny/Ava to hook up again, possibly as an obstacle/triangle for Sonny and Nina. The lead-in has been there awhile. I also suspected they might have been toying with Sonny and Lois in certain scenes. What comes next with the new team, I have no idea.

As for Sonny and Ava together again, nothing surprises me with those two. They are capable of anything. While I'd love for Ava to be gaming him they've been too cozy for a long time now, though they should never be anything but mortal enemies given their history. Does that preclude them fucking again? Absolutely not. Ava craves power and survival at any cost, and Sonny when down bad will fuck anything. Fucking I'd buy, their recent friendship and past couple years of cordiality never.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

How dare you people question Jason's reputation as a father! I distinctly remember one time he took Jake to a baseball game, and I'm pretty sure he only almost got Danny exploded by a bomb once! So back off!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

is it too much to ask that he comes back thinking he is Jason Quartermaine?  And wants nothing to do with Sonny or Carly?  Kind of like Sonny/Mike in Nixon Falls, except interesting.

This is my dream scenario!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
29 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

This is my dream scenario!

Mine too but I doubt SBu would come back for that story. And his fans would be in an uproar if he did. 🙄

• Sad 1

I can't remember Jason being this dad that raised or was there for any of his kids.  It was always Michael.  What does Danny miss?  

A Lily, Courtney and Morgan mention? Morgan middle name is Stone.  Morgan would have reason to kill Olivia and Ava.  

I don't want Kristina straddled with this baby TJ or Molly won't probably end up allowing her near.  

• Like 5

Burton won't play Jason Q. And the initial story as written by Claire Labine was that the brain damage was permanent and unreversable. I know it's a soap and anything can happen. But if that's the reason Burton had resisted I would back him. The original story was actually about traumatic brain injury, not ammesia as a plot device. I want him to come back different (and interesting to me for once) but for him to suddenly be who he was in 1994 would be like BJ being alive or Monica suddenly not having had cancer. I have too much reverance for that era to want a complete undo. The initial Jason Morgan story was great. It only started sucking when he became a contract killer and, later, Batman.

I've got to say I am actually interested in this Who Is Killing the Great Mob Bosses of the Northeast? story. Maybe it's Jason which would be a letdown. But I just can't see them ever telling a story where Jason, even compromised, would shoot at Sonny when his child was present. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1

The way Molly and TJ are acting, I don’t think Kristina would even be allowed to properly bond with this baby as an aunt without them freaking out. It’s a mess on both sides and I hate that Alexis got shouted down when she was the only one who pointed out exactly what would happen. 

• Like 13

Call me kooky, but I would think that IRL, Molly, TJ and Kristina would be doing some counseling to navigate these boundaries.

Someone above mentioned being surprised at the gay love scene while pregnant. I was thinking that too -- especially when you throw in the surrogacy element. Hope it flies under the radar! Storyline uproars are such a drag.

If Sonny and Ava have a fling, I hope it's short-lived. I'm just glad she's not treated like the dog's dinner anymore. I'd rather Nina not be the whipping boy either, but at least she's getting to swan around being Madame Executive, rather than showing up at Willow's or Sonny's every five minutes begging for forgiveness.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

While I prefer him with Nina, I'm  down with Sonny and Ava at least for a time. And as she has slept with at least three serial killers that we know of, she can and has done worse. Ava (and Maura) is too smart to be as reactive as she has been lately. Of course it shouldn't happen due to their history. But I think Sonny has softened some after what she went through with Ryan. And no one actually misses Connie. Shrug emoji.

There's a lot of potential drama in that pairing. And she could be a fun Lady MacBeth. I still think Mulcahey plans to use her well. Maura's the kind of actress he adores. 

• Like 6
On 2/20/2024 at 6:10 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Diane's got a lot of fucking nerve telling the woman whose mother put her in a 20-yr coma and whose children were then taken from said comatose body, that her money will fix everything.  Added richness because Diane is a mouthpiece for Sonny and formerly Jason, who paid her insane sums of money to make their crimes go away.  But, lol, I'll take Nina basically proving her point that 99% of Diane's life is being an attorney for awful people.  Congrats, you asshole.  

Do the writers understand that they make us hate the ‘heroes’ and ot for the ‘bad people’ like Nina?

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

TJ and Molly need to stop acting as if Kristina is deliberately trying to contradict them. They're so hateful toward her. They barely try to give her any benefit of the doubt. They're treating her like an incubator and it's gross.

LOL at Cyrus's face when Heather barged in: "Here we go." Hee. That said, I'm tired of her barging in everywhere and screaming like a banshee.

These Jason anvils are relentless. I wonder when we'll start to see him skulk around Port Charles, watching people with tears in his eyes.

Isn’t Heather supposed to be locked up in a mental ward?  So how the HELL is she just wandering around everywhere?  And then all the LE people burst in?  Are they total morons?  Anna, Jagger, and the gang just pretty much blew their operation.

The whole thing was stupid beyond all reason.  The writers have now descended to a new level of bad.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2024 at 5:14 AM, Kmr said:

So Anna, Dante,  and Jordan all had issues John and the Feds not wanting to share and work together and what do they do when the Feds start working with them? They work on a plan to get information before the Feds and discuss the case with unauthorized personnel.

Yeah can’t stand Diane’s smugness. Really annoyed that Finn was cleared but Diane didn’t really lose. I really wanted her to suffer a humbling loss.

As I am acquainted with many attorneys, I find Diane is unaccountable arrogance to be authentic.  She reminds me of a female version or an attorney I know.  The guy can’t go five minutes without condescendingly reminding people that he graduated from Vanderbilt Law School, while lecturing them about any number of subjects.  Subjects where he displays abject ignorance.  

Turns out a law degree doesn’t really convey any special knowledge about economics, finance, geopolitics, science, or much of anything outside of the law.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Ima t a Heather supposed to be locked up in a mental ward?  So how the HELL is she just wandering around everywhere?

Right?! Given that Pentonville houses serial killers, mobsters, etc. and how it’s talked up as a really bad place, it slays me that it’s co-Ed and inmates pretty much walk around freely. 

Still not sure how I feel about the pending Sonny/Ava pairing. I think I’m here for it and not just because MW is one of my favs. I’d rather a friendship/confidante type thing but know the writers have to have their leading man in a romantic entanglement at all times. Hell, if they insist on keeping the show as General Mob, then have Sonny, Ava, and Selina team up to be the east coast triumvirate.

But If they’re going to hook up, might as well go for full soapy camp and have them reenact Crypt Sex. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

TJ and Molly looked absolutely awful to me. Treat your S/SIL surrogate with the rapidly progressing pregnancy (14 weeks?!) with respect. If she wants to know the sex, she can, you don’t have to… That said, Kristina should not have offered nor been chosen for this with no prior births. Alexis called it as the mess it will be. Will Kristina be allowed to hold the baby when she delivers? Honestly. 

Anything we see now is mostly from fired people who knew they were fired. The Trina/Curtis scene seemed touched up to me too and even Carly/Joss seemed better, but I imagine PM picked his battles about what he could and couldn’t touch up in the waning days with the necessary economizing in Daytime. 

Maura has chemistry with a doorknob and elevates her scene partners, but I hope any dalliance whatsoever with her crypt sex baby daddy is temporary at most. I cannot imagine PM not using her. She’s committed, looks phenomenal, and is an outstanding actress. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Maura has chemistry with a doorknob and elevates her scene partners, but I hope any dalliance whatsoever with her crypt sex baby daddy is temporary at most. I cannot imagine PM not using her. She’s committed, looks phenomenal, and is an outstanding actress. 

Not only that, but she killed in that leather jacket yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
33 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Will Kristina be allowed to hold the baby when she delivers? Honestly. 

Molly and TJ will probably resent Kristina for having to give birth, they're so awful.

20 minutes ago, rur said:

Not only that, but she killed in that leather jacket yesterday.

That's how we know badass Ava is back, lol.

I don't want a Sonny/Ava hookup. CryptSex! was gross enough. Sonny is more than capable of being an asshole to Nina on his own; he doesn't need help from Ava. And I don't want Ava betraying Nina, her supposed friend.

• Like 14
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Molly and TJ will probably resent Kristina for having to give birth, they're so awful.

They'll probably expect her to pump her breast milk and deliver it to them on daily basis...but not allow her to actually hold the kid.  Honestly, the way TJ and Molly looked like they smelt spoiled milk when Kristina blurted out 'yes' about knowing the sex.  Also, totally out of character for a Type A like Molly to not want to know.

Jeff Kober continues to be a ray of light on this show (as does Maura West, even if I hate the thought of her and Sonny together again), which is nice for me considering I'm nursing a strained back from diving out of the way of the Jason anvils.  "Stone the Ghost who can't be found cause he's a dead man."  Gosh, who COULD it be?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think she’s relishing being close to Sonny. Why, I don’t know because he treated her like crap before NF and did everything he could to limit her time with Avery. But since Sonny’s in his betrayal era, at least them being close has an end date. 

I think so too, and I find it realistic given everything that's happened since she's had Avery. Underneath it all, she's still destroyed knowing that not only was her daughter Kiki murdered - it was by the hand of a psychopath obsessed with her who did it because she was so angry with Kiki. Julian is dead. She found comfort in the marriage to Nikolas, but now that is dunzo (which Sonny endorses) and she's no longer being targeted by Ryan's unhinged daughter. She has literally struggled for years with Sonny and Carly over spending time with Avery.  Avery is all she has left (of family; yes she is close to Trina but Trina has a family). She doesn't have relationships with Julian's children (as far as we know). Since Carly and Sonny have been separated and Carly has shifted her hatred toward Nina instead, spending time with Avery and dealing with Sonny got a whole lot easier. Now that she and Sonny are sort of live-in companions, she gets whatever she wants regarding Avery. Sonny sees Carly as a traitor, so if Carly tried to assert her will regarding Avery, he would say "You have nothing to say about my daughter."

Nina's choices are her own. Ava certainly didn't force Nina to do anything.

• Like 5

Nah, I'm more and more convinced something's up with Ava and it ain't a sudden interest in Sonny's overused, worn-out, pepperoni.   And I think we are seeing this slowing turning from what the old writers  were doing.  I think this is the tinkering and tweaks you were talking about Jstb!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 2/21/2024 at 5:27 PM, TVbitch said:

PS. I hope to god Jason is not going to show up having rescued Morgan and brought him home to Carly, ala Lucky with Jake.  I would rather Morgan be behind the shootings cuz he hates the mob and the mob almost cost him his life!

I had a similar thought.  I have a feeling that however this plays out that it will be stupid and hamfistedly written.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:11 AM, ffwbe said:

It’s interesting how Carly lashed out at Ava nonstop for Iike 6 years for killing Morgan but now that Ava’s in the inner circle, she doesn’t get a passing mention and Carly puts the blame solely on Olivia Jerome. 

Because they’re probably setting up a ‘romance’ between Sonny and Ava.

• Like 1
On 2/22/2024 at 11:31 AM, ffwbe said:

Even if CM wasn’t playing things completely unhinged, I’ll never feel sorry for Drew. He chose to go to prison instead of Carly because it was more important for Carly to be there for her kids than for Drew to be there for Scout even though the insider trading scheme was 100% her idea and against his wishes. He also chose to snitch for Sonny while in prison, which was the only reason he got beaten up.

Since getting out of prison, he spends all his time either with Carly or ranting about Nina, save a single scene with Scout where he was trying to force her to go to a school she didn’t want to attend. Hell, he took over for Michael on a business deal in Australia because he wanted Michael to be able to spend the holidays with his kids even though, again, it would mean he’s away from Scout despite his constant complaints that his prison stint caused him to lose time with her. 

Drew should be confronted by some Aurora shareholders that he and the other Carly’s screwed over with their ELQ scheme.  

he deserved to go to prison.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

No. Because TJ and Molly and two petty bitches.

4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Am I supposed to believe that Sam rode a motorcycle in those heels?

heh. I've seen it done. Honestly, it's not even the weirdest thing on this show. I was actually surprised to see that Danny rode with her.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

If Morgan returns alive and shoots Sonny in the chest, all will be forgiven. Hell, I won’t even complain if he misses. Just taking the shot is enough for me. Bonus points if he hits Michael instead. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 8

I could see them doing a Sonny/Ava hookup for the drama but in the end, it would be short lived and only Ava will suffer the consequences because it will further isolate her. They need to build up more solid connections to the canvas for her, not tear down one of the few she has left by having her betray a friend. That would basically only leave her with seldom seen Avery and as a talk to for Trina. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2024 at 4:59 PM, YaddaYadda said:

No one will sold me on Jason being some kind of a good father to his sons.

the fact that his dumb ass said he would be supportive if his kids came up to him and said they wanted to be mob enforcers should shoot any claim that he's a good father. regardless of all of Sonny's faults at least he didn't want his kids involved in "the business"

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

the fact that his dumb ass said he would be supportive if his kids came up to him and said they wanted to be mob enforcers should shoot any claim that he's a good father. regardless of all of Sonny's faults at least he didn't want his kids involved in "the business"

I don't remember this happening because I tune him out what with all the blinking and staring and monosyllable sentences, but Jason is so very big on the whole if they want it's their choice business that I'm not remotely surprised that he would say something as dumb as that. At the end of the day Jason will always be the dumbest fuck on the show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't remember this happening because I tune him out what with all the blinking and staring and monosyllable sentences, but Jason is so very big on the whole if they want it's their choice business that I'm not remotely surprised that he would say something as dumb as that. At the end of the day Jason will always be the dumbest fuck on the show.

He said it on a Halloween episode back in 2018 or 2019. Danny dressed up like him as his costume. Sam was in her full on mob moll mindset at the time so she was ok with too btw. I guess back then, Danny emulating his criminal father was better than her having to wear a skirt and work in an office. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

Whatever is planned for Sonny and Ava, be it romance or double crossing, is bound to end up with Ava at the short end of the stick. So I approach this whole storyline with trepidation.

TJ is approaching Drew-levels of awfulness. I can’t wait until Kristina decides she wants to keep this baby and raise it with Blaze. And I want her to win that fight, because a) I really like Kristina and Blaze, and b) it would smack the smug right off of TJ and Molly’s faces.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:29 AM, ciarra said:

Am I supposed to believe that Sam rode a motorcycle in those heels?

I remember when Sam used to do stakeouts in those heels. I saw her chase somebody down a flight of stairs and through a window in those heels. They were her preferred footwear when navigating rocky hills. I believe she even gave birth (through her jeans) in those heels. 

So yes, Sam certainly, absolutely, without question, rode a motorcycle in those heels.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I personally don't see a need for Ava to have more connections or security on the canvas. She can go into business with people in certain ways (like Damian Smith or Katherine Bell, etc.) but I don't need much more than that, especially since Ava has always been a more formidable and popular character than both Damian and Katherine. Ava has been on this show for over a decade and debuted as a vicious, cold-blooded mob queen who would kill anyone who stood in her way; short of Sonny she has lasted longer than any other character in her position. Only the performer and her unnecessary child with Sonny (which the characters have accurately noted functions as her insurance policy) have kept her alive. There is an argument to be made that Ava has outlasted her natural lifespan on the show. I personally am in no rush to be rid of MW who I think is always doing great work, but I wouldn't necessarily blink if she did go because this has always been the character's throughline.

I am not in favor of anything that softens Ava, makes her nicer and more heroic or more grounded as a civilian and a typical lead. I've seen them do that to her before (Griffin, some of the relationship with Nikolas, some of the fallout with Ryan, etc.) and it always makes her toothless. Even if it keeps her on the show another 5-10 years I wouldn't want it. They always revert to ugliness and dysfunction with Ava because it is who she is. So if they find places to plug her in where she can keep running but not lose her edge, okay. The cozy relationships with several characters (other than Trina, and that one should be shaky too) will never sit well with me though. If the ridiculous friendship with Sonny and Carly goes away that's more than fine with me; same with Nina frankly, where the actors sell it but their enmity goes back over 30 years.  Maura and Ava have survived worse and can do that because that's who the character is: A villain who at some point will probably go, and that's okay. I would rather have the character intact than keep it around forever. The best comparison for me to who Ava should be on canvas is someone like Alex Olanov on OLTL, who went from total psycho to still unbalanced but empowered and deeply corrupt mover and shaker moving from one power seat to another, and she lasted on that show for close to a decade without losing the essence of who she was.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Really glad that KM’s Kristina didn’t automatically get paired with a guy. I am enjoying Blaze with her. Also liked that Blaze didn’t come down on Kristina for her feelings about the baby. I do think if TJ/Molly or even Alexis heard this they would really overreact. Also pleased that they got an actual love scene and not just a kiss and then they are in bed together.

Have to think that the Stone name drop is a mislead as I don’t think John would use his brother and son’s name like that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Despite how popular Ava is, I think her relationship with Trina extended her time on GH. I think with Trina, it showed that Ava could be someone that she could be supportive 100% without a hidden agenda.Something that she wasn't really with her daughter or brother or whatever her love interest was at the time. It was an easy resting stop before the show figured where to fit her. They moved her away from mob central and moved her onto Nikolas. Not that any of the actors playing Nikolas with her were anything to match her performance but it moved her to another part of the show with the Cassadines and most especially with Laura. 

It never made sense to me that Trina was originally so pro-Ava when they first met considering how close/loyal she was with Joss. Sure she was super impressed with Ava the gallery owner and wanted to intern there, it should have been professional relationship for the first few months with a slow build-up between them.

• Like 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Despite how popular Ava is, I think her relationship with Trina extended her time on GH. I think with Trina, it showed that Ava could be someone that she could be supportive 100% without a hidden agenda.Something that she wasn't really with her daughter or brother or whatever her love interest was at the time. It was an easy resting stop before the show figured where to fit her. They moved her away from mob central and moved her onto Nikolas. Not that any of the actors playing Nikolas with her were anything to match her performance but it moved her to another part of the show with the Cassadines and most especially with Laura. 

The closest analog to me for Trina and Ava is the old relationship with Robin and Sonny. Robin saw the best of who Sonny was or could be from their time with Stone, and let a lot of the flaws or darkness fall away from her vision. Ava is the same but taken to an extreme; Trina has never known a kinder, better Ava, she has only a privileged glimpse of a piece of her character. If they bonded them more closely over art that would be very interesting to me but it wouldn't change who Ava is.

I think the rooting interest and dramatic tension there (like with Sonny and Robin at times) is, will Trina ever see the person behind the version of Ava she idealizes, and how will Ava handle her pure friendship? This never quite happened with Sonny and Robin despite her disowning him once or twice, because the writing would never let it for long. Ava is a different story.

Ava and Nikolas worked for me at the beginning because it was dark and later kinky, because both characters were in a bad place and suited to each other. It's when they began leaning into the idea of Ava's childhood Disney princess dreams and turned them into soppy, weepy lovesick people at the mercy of others that it didn't work for me. In the Cassadine name Ava has what she always wanted: Money and power. They were at their best when they were combustible and that had its own ticking clock, but it didn't last longer as is because of actor issues and also because the show has been deeply uncomfortable with portraying tortured, dark romances that aren't middle of the road or sanitized for some time now. They're more concerned with making sure Maura stays on the show, but Ava doesn't need a tame relationship to have longevity.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
(edited)

It had not occurred to me before now, but the Ava/Sonny situation isn't 180 degrees from the beginnings of Carly/Sonny in 1999-2000. In both stories, Sonny and a woman toward whom he has hostile feelings end up sharing Sonny's living space for Reasons. Both have been disappointed in the outcome of their most recent relationship. (It goes without saying that in both 1999 and 2024, Sonny's immediate previous relationship soured over a "betrayal."). Over time, he gradually warms up to the object of his resentment.  

It's even taking place on what we're meant to accept as the same set (although the front door is now at stage-right and all that).   

The biggest difference is that the first time around, the woman (Carly) was being allowed to stay with Sonny because they had had their hate-sex first and she was expecting his child. Fortunately, Sonny and Ava played the pregnancy beat a long time ago. But really, even that part is the same—the woman gets in the front door because she's The Mother of My Child.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

It had not occurred to me before now, but the Ava/Sonny situation isn't 180 degrees from the beginnings of Carly/Sonny in 1999-2000. In both stories, Sonny and a woman toward whom he has hostile feelings end up sharing Sonny's living space for Reasons. Both have been disappointed in the outcome of their most recent relationship. (It goes without saying that in both 1999 and 2024, Sonny's immediate previous relationship soured over a "betrayal."). Over time, he gradually warms up to the object of his resentment.  

It's even taking place on what we're meant to accept as the same set (although the front door is now at stage-right and all that).   

The biggest difference is that the first time around, the woman (Carly) was being allowed to stay with Sonny because they had had their hate-sex first and she was expecting his child. Fortunately, Sonny and Ava played the pregnancy beat a long time ago. But really, even that part is the same—the woman gets in the front door because she's The Mother of My Child.

Yes, the character Sonny is such a misogynist.  He values women only for sex, and for breeding.  If they are having his child, they are under his protection.  Once they have birthed his child,  they are forever madonnas underneath  his protection.  And now that he is older and with a woman who cannot give him a child,  and has never birthed his child, she will never match up to the madonnas in his life who already birthed his children.  It's quite sick and Nina  should be happy to be out, but of course, it's GH, and no woman can ever wake up and tell Sonny what's what and then slam the door in his pig face, for good.  For good. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

Ava and Nikolas worked for me at the beginning because it was dark and later kinky, because both characters were in a bad place and suited to each other. It's when they began leaning into the idea of Ava's childhood Disney princess dreams and turned them into soppy, weepy lovesick people at the mercy of others that it didn't work for me. In the Cassadine name Ava has what she always wanted: Money and power. They were at their best when they were combustible and that had its own ticking clock,

Same. Ava and Nik were using each other for their own purposes. I thought that worked for them really well, and it was a lot of fun to watch. Then the show of course lost its nerve and made Nik and Ava boring.

• Like 6

So, hear me out. Could it be that Ava is actually running the long con on Nina for the whole baby stealing thing, and that she has been working against her the entire time while gaining her trust. To what end, who knows. But it may make for an interesting story. Then again, this is GH.

Best relationship = Kristina and Blaze hands down. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

So, hear me out. Could it be that Ava is actually running the long con on Nina for the whole baby stealing thing, and that she has been working against her the entire time while gaining her trust. To what end, who knows. 

It would allow her to destabilize Sonny (as it has) by giving Nina bad advice re: the relationship. It would be great, but I doubt it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2

MW looked amazing in that red coat and so did CW in her black dress. Ava, Nina, and Sonny acting like characters in a YA novel though - really not my cup of tea.

It’s nice to see Eva LaRue back on screen, but I think I’m going to have a hard time with her character.

• Like 2
On 2/24/2024 at 4:34 PM, YaddaYadda said:
On 2/24/2024 at 11:34 AM, ComeWhatMay said:

No. Because TJ and Molly and two petty bitches.

wait until the baby is sick and needs a kidney from Kristina....

On 2/25/2024 at 1:52 PM, 30 Helens said:

TJ is approaching Drew-levels of awfulness. I can’t wait until Kristina decides she wants to keep this baby and raise it with Blaze. And I want her to win that fight, because a) I really like Kristina and Blaze, and b) it would smack the smug right off of TJ and Molly’s faces.

it would be great (for lots of reasons) if they'd kill off TJ before the baby is born, since he is the bio dad.  Then Kristina and Molly could have a nice huge custody fight; as the bio mom, I'd think Krisina would win, wouldn't she?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

More Jason anvils. I get it, Show. He's returning, but it's a big sekrit surprise.

FFS, Nina. Ava and Sonny have had a relationship since CryptSex and Avery was born. I have no patience with this idiocy.

37 minutes ago, Desperado said:

It’s nice to see Eva LaRue back on screen, but I think I’m going to have a hard time with her character.

I'm hoping she's given some nuance, but so far she's a cliché.

"And by the way? You're drinking Corinthos coffee." Oh, sick burn there, Carly.

• Like 5