Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

On things I don't really care about, but am wondering about anyway: why did Lucy and Martin break up? Or did they break up? Idk. Lol I caught some parts of an episode last week. Martin was wanting to go have breakfast and they were good. The next thing I saw was Lucy going to ask him for another chance. 

I’ll summarize as best as I can. Lucy and Scott were scheming against Tracy but Tracy caught on and convinced Martin that something was going on between Lucy/Scott or something would happen? Anyways, Martin was convinced and broke up with Lucy and an upset Lucy was comforted by Scott. Meanwhile Tracy felt guilty for lying for some reason so she tells Martin the truth and he races to find Lucy and apologize and get her back only to catch them in the act and walk away for good. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gregory is pushing her to be a kinder person.

i remember that. she was like "you make me too nice, we can't hang out!" lol

• LOL 3
On 2/7/2024 at 8:53 PM, Grinaldi said:

I get the whole grave marker for an empty grave thing but why did they have to dig a hole?

I wondered about this too. On a practical note, why spend the money for an empty coffin and the work to dig the grave? It is expensive enough to buy a plot just for a headstone, plus the cost of the headstone. As someone else said, PC cemetery seems full of empty graves; it might be more cost effective for each family to invest in a family plot with a monument that could accommodate multiple names. As another person commented, maybe putting dates on the markers shouldn't be done until they can be sure that the person is really, truly dead, especially when there is no body. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gregory is pushing her to be a kinder person.

I remember her saying that too. I just didn’t quite buy it. Tracy wouldn’t care and I find Gregory to be a judgmental jackass most of the time so he’s far from kind himself. They also had her feeling bad because Spencer died and Gregory saying Martin must be upset about it when he didn’t care about that and they were never shown as close.  

• Like 2
(edited)

Gregory Harrison was one sexy dude in the '80s, and he has chemistry with Jane Elliot but Gregory the character is such a staid drag. I just have little interest in him hanging around and I find his entire family useless. Tracy deserves a real match and this recurring old man is not it. But that's so often all Frank offers the vets, that or ancient embers (Scott and Lucy Part 65, which is as gross to me as when Ron stupidly broke up Kevin and Lucy to put them back together ten years ago).

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
18 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Also, the adoption is probably a non issue because either Nikolas get out of prison and reclaim his kid, Esme will come back and/or this baby is being retconned into not being a Cassadine but why is Laura the only option for keeping the baby?

I saw today's episode and I don't understand why Laura and Kevin would feel they need/want to adopt Laura's grandson. She didn't adopt her grandson Spencer after Spencer's mother was deceased and Nikolas was presumed dead. She became Spencer's legal guardian. So why wouldn't Nikolas, Laura and the court agree that Laura would become Ace's guardian? This baby has already lived with Laura and Kevin in their home for most of his short life. 

I liked Elizabeth reminding Laura that they're family. Laura looked surprised that Elizabeth said Aiden could babysit. Does Laura not remember that Ace and Aiden are cousins? In fact Spencer, Ace, Aiden, Rocco and Charlotte are all cousins/Laura's bio grandchildren. 

I turned it off when Carly squealed and hugged creepy gross Brick. Or fine, Brick can hit on Carly and leave Jordan alone. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Let's all leave Jordan alone, by sending her out of town. This character has never worked or had a consistent personality besides 'cop with qualification issues' (she spent her first year plus as a double-triple agent with the Jeromes doing everything but snorting drugs with them and then insisting over and over she was about to crack the case). And Tanisha Harper is coming for Dead Oscar's thespian crown.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2

Dex is even dumber than I thought. He’s willing to die to keep Michael’s secret. What’s even worse is Sonny wouldn’t kill Michael so he’s willing to die to ensure Michael’s dad isn’t mad at him. And no, Carly I don’t think Sonny would regret killing Dex. He is what Sonny thinks he is, just working for someone else 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Anyways, Martin was convinced and broke up with Lucy and an upset Lucy was comforted by Scott.

by comforted, you mean a literal roll in the hay

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

As someone else said, PC cemetery seems full of empty graves; it might be more cost effective for each family to invest in a family plot with a monument that could accommodate multiple names.

Oh you wouldn't want that. People might end up having sex there. That's how we got Avery.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Finn likely makes decent money as a doctor, so why doesn't he move into a larger place if he wants Gregory to live with him? I'm sure Gregory would pitch in expenses as well. 

12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't understand why Laura and Kevin would feel they need/want to adopt Laura's grandson.

I think it's to give Ace some stability and security. He gets adopted and he won't be bounced around from guardian to guardian.

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Dex is even dumber than I thought. He’s willing to die to keep Michael’s secret.

Michael has done nothing to deserve such blind loyalty. Sonny's tough-guy act is as laughable as it ever was.

Molly's outfit was hideous.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn likely makes decent money as a doctor, so why doesn't he move into a larger place if he wants Gregory to live with him?

Why does Dr. Finn live in a dump?  It's no better than Kristina's apartment. 

• Like 2

Had to FF Violet's Very Special Epsiode. 

Of course Carly Brave and Strong will stop Sonny from killing Dex and likely claim she is the one Dex was working for. Sonny will be moved by her wanting to protect him, and, more importantly, our hero Michael will avoid any consequences once again. 🤮

Sonny has got to be the dumbest, most easily duped, ineffectual mobster in all of TV fiction, and that includes when Bugs Bunny was acting like a tough guy.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 3
On 2/11/2024 at 6:17 AM, sacrebleu said:

Willow also repeated the ' Nina was insecure about Carly' bs. That was never on the show. 

Statements like this don’t bother me because characters don’t always speak the truth. Their viewpoints are informed by their own biases and influenced by those they trust. That’s why the Corinthii have a hive mind: they’re too insular. If anyone is being gaslighted in this scenario, it’s Willow.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Carly, if you don't want to be dragged into Drew's orbit of vengeance, don't get dragged into it. 

I had nothing but eye rolls for Carly’s plea for a non-dramatic, conflict-free life outside of Nina’s orbit. Like she didn’t play up the surprise reveal of herself as Crimson editor for full effect. And like Drew is forcing her to stay in the job. If it’s causing you so much angst, quit! Go back to Kelly’s Bobbie’s!

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

As another person commented, maybe putting dates on the markers shouldn't be done until they can be sure that the person is really, truly dead, especially when there is no body. 

At this point, they should just put up a dry erase board at the cemetery entrance so they can add and subtract names at will.

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

At this point, they should just put up a dry erase board at the cemetery entrance so they can add and subtract names at will.

Or rent out the empty coffins.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I had to laugh at "pine barrens".  They were/are the quintessential dumping grounds from mobsters from the NYC/Long Island area and New Jersey.  But for Sonny to drive there from Port Charles would take him the better part of a day.  Unless he uses the same space/time warp that allows other Port Charles residents to travel back and forth from Europe in the blink of an eye.

If Dex is leaving, I will congratulate the show on keeping his departure secret, just as they did that of Esme.  I kind of hope he is leaving, which might be interesting, but I also kind of doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I doubt they will kill off Trina’s and Josslyn's boyfriends at the same time! I know Spencer’s not dead but I’m sure Carly will teleport to Sonny’s location and save Dex. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I doubt they will kill off Trina’s and Josslyn's boyfriends at the same time! I know Spencer’s not dead but I’m sure Carly will teleport to Sonny’s location and save Dex. 

Agreed. Nor do I think they'd force Eden to play a bunch of grief scenes so soon after returning from leave. They may boot Dex from the canvas but I dont think it will be in a coffin.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

Dex saying the person paying him didn't want to hurt him? That's exactly what he was originally hired for.  Michael doesn't deserve this loyalty especially at the cost of hurting Joss.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

You just know Dex will be saved by Carly who will claim she has been paying Dex for the sake of their family`s safety and saint Michael will come out of this clean. It is so sign posted you almost do not need watch to see what happens next. In fact Dex will likely end up being liked even more by Sonny for being loyal to Carly and not giving her up.

Now what would be interesting TV is for Sonny to kill Dex but i just cannot see that being on the cards. The fallout would be epic but no doubt Willow would still not blame Michael and Carly instead Nina would somehow be blamed for well  just for daring to be Nina.

It is totally bonkers that Dex would rather die than give up Michael and it makes zero sense. I think even Josslyn would rather he spoke up than die just to save saint Michael. 

• Like 13

Carly, traveling through the wormhole, will arrive on time to save Dex. She'll tell Sonny that she is the one who hired Dex to spy on him to protect her dunderhead son so that Sonny doesn't find out about Puff Fish wanting to put him be hind bars.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dex really should have had a secret account for Michael to put the money in that wasn’t easily traced back to him. It doesn’t help to keep a money transfer secret if only one the source is hard to trace

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

When Sonny learns that Dex has been loyal to him, I'd like to see him turn on Brick: He could accuse him of being the leak and trying to shift the suspicion on to someone else, or he could be angry that Brick almost caused him to kill a valuable asset. Either way, it'd be a great reason for cutting Brick loose. 

(And in a perfect world, leaving Brick in the Pine Barrens.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, db1702 said:

Now what would be interesting TV is for Sonny to kill Dex but i just cannot see that being on the cards.

have we ever seen Sonny actually kill someone other than AJ? (that was personal, not mob related).  I know he orders a lot of hits.   He's a big talker, but hard to take seriously.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

have we ever seen Sonny actually kill someone other than AJ? (that was personal, not mob related).  I know he orders a lot of hits.   He's a big talker, but hard to take seriously.

Yes. the Balkan. Can’t blame you for not remembering. It was a pretty forgettable storyline. 

• Like 2

I get that they're trying to get the audience used to Blaze's real name by alternating it with "Ally." But it felt inadvertently passive-aggressive of Molly when she continued referring to her as Blaze while Kristina was saying Ally.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But it felt inadvertently passive-aggressive of Molly when she continued referring to her as Blaze while Kristina was saying Ally.

Actress-wise, this one is pretty good; character-wise, she is as offensive and horrible as ever. 

• Like 4
Just now, MarciNJ said:

Actress-wise, this one is pretty good; character-wise, she is as offensive and horrible as ever. 

I don’t think I’ve liked Molly since the moment they sorased her and we heard her speak for the first time. I found her annoying as a kid as well. I refuse to believe that’s Alexis/Ric’s kid

• Like 2

If they're going to pretend they're in the Pine Barrens then can we see the Jersey Devil come swooping in with Michael in his mouth and drop him off in front of Sonny? Then he can tell Sonny that Michael is behind everything and tell Sonny he's a dumbass? Please?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
On 2/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Honestly, I hope she means it.  Be the equivalent of the "I'll give you something to cry about" 1970's parent.

That's something you never hear anymore! :-) I heard that phrase more than once in my life. 

Anyway, Drew telling Nina that unless she's been in prison and beaten up, she doesn't know what injustice is, was a ridiculous statement (although I'm sure one that many people would make). Drew was a SEAL, he spent 3+ years in captivity by a Cassadine, took part in however many "heroic" military actions, but being beaten in prison is what broke him? I can imagine it affecting many, many people that way, but a guy who has been trained as a SEAL to give and take the most severe kind of treatment that the enemy can deliver should have been able to deal with this better. Heck, Cyrus was beaten near to death and he's up and busy going about doing whatever good or nefarious things he can. He didn't even want Sonny charged for the beating, although it was something that really should have landed Sonny in prison. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 12
20 hours ago, nilyank said:

Oh you wouldn't want that. People might end up having sex there. That's how we got Avery.

As a child of the 60s/70s, I suspect that is not as uncommon as you might think. I've never done it, and I doubt I could convince my husband to give it a go now, when we are less likely to be able to ignore how uncomfortable it would be, physically and emotionally. After all, we are way closer to being permanent residents already. 🙂

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

That's something you never hear anymore! :-) I heard that phrase more than once in my life. 

Anyway, Drew telling Nina that unless she's been in prison and beaten up, she doesn't know what injustice is, was a ridiculous statement (although I'm sure one that many people would make). Drew was a SEAL, he spent 3+ years in captivity by a Cassadine, took part in however many "heroic" military actions, but being beaten in prison is what broke him? I can imagine it affecting many, many people that way, but a guy who has been trained as a SEAL to give and take the most severe kind of treatment that the enemy can deliver should have been able to deal with this better. Heck, Cyrus was beaten near to death and he's up and busy going about doing whatever good or nefarious things he can. He didn't even want Sonny charged for the beating, although it was something that really should have landed Sonny in prison. 

Yeah, that's an excellent point. For a former trained Navy SEAL, he's not taking his prison stint and beating very well, especially since, as you point out he had already spent a few years in Cassadine captivity

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Yeah, that's an excellent point. For a former trained Navy SEAL, he's not taking his prison stint and beating very well, especially since, as you point out he had already spent a few years in Cassadine captivity

Drew might have been a Navy Seal but he doesn’t have those memories. He only has Jason’s memories and from when he woke as Jake Doe.

17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Drew might have been a Navy Seal but he doesn’t have those memories. He only has Jason’s memories and from when he woke as Jake Doe.

He’s been claiming he has his navy seal memories also since CM has been in the role but they never expanded on it. When he offered to go to Greenland, he made a big stink about how they should include him because as a former navy seal, he’s best equipped to help (though all the big hero did was put on a dumb disguise and knock Dr. O out). He also thought he’d be an amazing spy for Sonny in prison because of his Navy seal skills- where again, he sucked, was easily found out and got his ass kicked. Drew’s the poster child for mediocrity who thinks way too highly of himself and his own abilities. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

All of the happy Valentine’s Day couple on today are dull.

Sam suddenly wanting to get back into motorcycle riding and being gifted a leather jacket and Danny acting out just in time for Jason’s return. Want to bet we’re about to hear their little blended family isn’t as happy and healthy and they’ve been saying it was during his absence? It’s likely a one off but Danny having an alcohol problem would be an interesting SL. Both of his grandmothers are alcoholics not to mention AJ and Alan’s issues. Of course Sam tries to compare him to Jason but Jason before the brain damage was the golden child who never did anything wrong. If anything, he’s the AJ and Jake is teen Jason.

Of course Carly teleports to Pine Barrens in time to save Dex and tries to lie through her teeth to do so. I’m glad Sonny figured it out but of course he does well after the fact and not when you know, Dex and Michael were actively trying to turn him into the Feds. Again, just seems like a loose end they’re trying to tie up before Jason’s return since it would have put him in the middle.

Carly is never beating the allegations that Nina’s not on her mind 24/7 despite her saying over and over that she doesn’t care or think about her. She was quick to blame Nina today for shit that had nothing to do with her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9

Happy that Sonny knows about Michael. I now have 24 hours to hope the little weasel will get his before it all falls apart and he gets forgiven in a nanosecond, while Nina gets pilloried for breathing.

This does hint at a Nina/Sonny reunion, which I’m fine with.

I knew Dex was none too bright but risking his life to avoid betraying Michael of all people, is beyond ridiculous.

Had Dex told on him, I wonder if Sonny would’ve believed him and if Michael would’ve kept Carly’s knowing a secret.

We’ll never know.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

All of the happy Valentine’s Day couple on today are dull.

Sam suddenly wanting to get back into motorcycle riding 

Carly is never beating the allegations that Nina’s not on her mind 24/7 despite her saying over and over that she doesn’t care or think about her. She was quick to blame Nina today for shit that had nothing to do with her. 

I assume it was supposed to look really hot and romantic that these couples were having sex to end the Valentine's Day episode - but my reaction is meh, aside from Brooklyn and Chase. Michael touching Willow's bare thigh and them being done in under 5 min(?) was only a smidge better than when they stopped painting Wiley's playroom to have sex the first time, under paint clothes ... Dante would have liked to know 'wild' Sam? Dude, she's been a felon and married to a criminal who had a motorcycle in the time you've known her....Curtis thinks he and Jordan are built to last (now that they've had sex)? This coming from the guy who tried to kiss his ex-wife because he was pissed off at his new wife. 

I laughed at Carly saying, "Nina couldn't be trusted" and Sonny yelling at her that she and Michael betrayed him. I also smirked at the Michael and Sonny preview. I wonder - will Willow find out Michael didn't quite tell Sonny the truth as he claimed to her he did?

• Like 2
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sam suddenly wanting to get back into motorcycle riding and being gifted a leather jacket and Danny acting out just in time for Jason’s return. Want to bet we’re about to hear their little blended family isn’t as happy and healthy and they’ve been saying it was during his absence?

Which is dumb because Sam and Jason were done, stick a fork in them, before he died.  He had moved on to Britt then Carly and she was already in Dante's orbit.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Which is dumb because Sam and Jason were done, stick a fork in them, before he died.  He had moved on to Britt then Carly and she was already in Dante's orbit.  

ITA but I got anvils today and it doesn’t help matters that Dante/Sam have gotten so little storyline wise than they’ve gotten together that I don’t buy that TPTB care about them one way or another outside of a place to park them because there was no one else available. 

Also, despite what Carly keeps claiming, Sonny didn’t choose Nina over his family. Michael lashed out because Sonny cheated on his mom. There’s a reason only Michael and Joss were throwing temper tantrums and not all of Sonny’s kids

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I guess today we start the riveting story of Sam and Dante parenting a teenager. 

"He's Jason's son." How much parenting did Jason actually do of Danny? Not much, so let's dial back the "chip off the old block" nonsense.

Maxie and Spin do not work romantically. That train sailed years ago. Stop recycling the worst stories ever, Show!

Willow and Michael are missing the point. They lied to each other. Just because they love each other doesn't mean it's not something they should work on more.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's Jason's son." How much parenting did Jason actually do of Danny? Not much, so let's dial back the "chip off the old block" nonsense.

I’ve never gotten why they’re so heavy handed with that. Jake too. Both Liz and Sam constantly mention how those kids are just like Jason anytime they do anything. The guy was practically a deadbeat when he was in town but sure, both of his sons are exactly like him and got nothing from the mothers that raised them. It’s weird because other characters will get the occasional comparison to their parents but nothing to that level. 

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve never gotten why they’re so heavy handed with that. Jake too. Both Liz and Sam constantly mention how those kids are just like Jason anytime they do anything. The guy was practically a deadbeat when he was in town but sure, both of his sons are exactly like him and got nothing from the mothers that raised them. It’s weird because other characters will get the occasional comparison to their parents but nothing to that level. 

so like what? both Danny and Jake know how to just stand there and try to decide if they need to take a poop? like "being jason's son" means nothing unless they mean somehow they inherited the heart he used to have and are super kind and sweet and want to be a doctor and want nothing to do with the mob and death. so yeah i can buy that. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

This does hint at a Nina/Sonny reunion, which I’m fine with.

well, since it will make Michael's, Carly's and Drew's heads explode, I'm good with it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 13
(edited)
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

ITA but I got anvils today and it doesn’t help matters that Dante/Sam have gotten so little storyline wise than they’ve gotten together that I don’t buy that TPTB care about them one way or another outside of a place to park them because there was no one else available. 

True, but it makes me wonder if there's a "wake up Lulu" storyline in the works. Charlotte is a mess, emotionally speaking, and the only consistent adult in her family who has taken care of her is Laura - who has been stretched thin with the Spencer, Nikolas, Esme and baby Ace drama. Laura makes comments about the size of her family, like yesterday appreciating Elizabeth + kids because it helps to feel she and Kevin "aren't alone in this" i.e. taking care of her grandson.

I don't doubt Sam misses the "ride or die" days with Jason, when she didn't need to be concerned about having someone to take care of her inconvenient children that she once wanted so badly until reality set in. Too bad she didn't get to be in the car when Jason told Sonny he never should have agreed with Sam about having kids.

It seems more likely Jason would want Elizabeth back, at a time IMO when Finn will become less available and committed to her as he's focused on Gregory. Jake, who had more of a relationship with Jason than his brother Danny did, is now a teenager living without Franco in his life and without big brother Cameron living at home anymore. He's clearly not in a good place when you add in dating troubled Charlotte, his younger brother Aiden's cousin.  Then there's the fact that Aiden's father/Jason's former rival, Lucky, has been out of the picture for a long time now. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1