Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It occurred to me that he would so that he could stay with his True Love Joss. But then he would really be in trouble with Michael.

Is that a scary prospect?

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

I really hope they didn't recast Kristina so they could do a surrogate story for TJ and Molly.  Let her do something other than being a baby incubator.

Come on now!  It’s all about how many baby storylines Frank can squeeze in.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I know this won't happen, because soaps gotta soap. But, Brooklyn should really just tell Chase that she asked Tracy for help and not spy on her friends to cover up the fact.

I feel like in this case it's just so that she needs Sasha to go on TV for her. Too bad Tracy didn't blackmail Brook a week earlier.

Seriously.  Like it’s a big deal.  Would he really be that shocked that BL used Q family influence to help him?

• Like 1

Oh for fooks sake. OF COURSE the weapons and explosives Sonny is running are being used by the US government to help smaller, poorer countries fight against larger evil empires that want to take them over. He's practically the fooking Robin Hood of arms dealing! What a saint! 🤮

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Is that a scary prospect?

Dex only has to fear Michael if he's slept with him. Death is still coming for Sasha - it already got her baby and husband and Willow has been on knocking on its door for months. 

• Sad 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Hey, writers, don't tease me with previews with Joss saying she's going to leave town with Dex.  I know you'd rather be charged with the dual offenses of "identity fraud" and "reporting a crime"  then write one of the Carlys out.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

I haven't watched this week because of the Carlys. It wasn't even worth the effort to FF through all the bullshit. Did catch Trina jumping into Spencer's arms and Laura's joy at Spencer being alive on YT and loved it.

Why this show focuses on assholes like Carly, Michael, Willow, Drew and Joss who never face the consequences of their actions is frustrating, rage inducing, boring, and so on.

• Like 6
  • Applause 17

Willow tainted the whole IP finale. We knew she would get her bone marrow from Liesl so... yawn.

And I can't believe they are wasting Tracy and BLQ on a Deception corporate espionage storyline.  It's a cosmetic company. Again... yawn.

One of the things that brought me back to GH was SMike and the fact that Nixon Falls pretty much ended CarSon. Just a whiff of Sonny and Carly reuniting for any reason* has me checking on the barge's current location.

* Other than Morgan resurfacing. I would watch that gleefully. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 1:34 PM, tessaray said:

* Other than Morgan resurfacing. I would watch that gleefully. 

**Only if Morgan does a reverse Jason Morgan - puts the gun away and pulls out the medical school books.

Edited by sunnyface
grammer
  • Like 12
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It’s like “girl trust me you REALLY don’t need to see this” 😂😂

pretty much. 
(it won't let me watch anything but i just found it hilarious i noted the time, went. i suppose it's time, went to turn it on, and it just was in a perpetual load).  saved me from rage and now I can just play Zelda. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Scotty is me when he saw Cody. Ugh! You. Go away!

I don't know why we were treated to Nina/Drew scenes no one asked for. Send him and his girlfriend to jail and lose the key forever. I don't understand why the burden is placed on Nina to be the one to do whatever it takes so that Carly forgives her when this whole thing started with Carly lying about Nelle and being completely unrepentant about it and being completely unrepentant about the Willow lie. The writing is so lopsided. Everyone needs to grovel to the Queen of Assholes, while we sweep her misdeeds under the rug.

I'm thinking that Joss will be the one who turn Sonny into the cops/feds so that she can keep her block of wood near her. That way she can talk some more about Sonny before, probably while, and certainly after they've had sex. 

Gladys lost $85K at the poker game? Crash and burn doesn't even begin to describe it. And the show giving Sasha an intentional breakdown by playing baby cries in her earpiece. I know the actress will be going on mat leave soon, but good grief, leave Sasha alone.

I like Robert's hatred for Valentin.

Episode pacing was bad.

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Drew offered to get Carly a loan from the Quartermaine assets while hers are frozen. You mean the money that Monica has, or that Ned provides from ELQ? Honestly, this Drew is trash as well as stupid.

CD should get a new picture for the opening credits because this one makes him look like the guy your mother warned you against.

Today's episode:

It feels like a day to meet minimums because there is nothing interesting going on.

Dex tells Joss that he has to leave; Joss wants to run away with him but Dex dissaudes her. The show is desperately trying to make fetch happen.  "You love being pre-med." Sure, that's why she never talks about it. Also no reason why she can't be pre-med on the run with him.

Why can't Dex just quit Sonny's organization? Surely everyone who joins can't stay a gangster forever.

Nina goes to Drew to ask him to help her make peace with Carly and hence Willow Drew shuts her down because it's all her fault that there is a problem. I don't think that this could be any more boring, or gaslighting. Also Drew is being such a jerk I hope even more that he goes to jail.

Morgan Fairchild is back as the evil Haven on the shopping show. I find it weird because she's so different on twitter.

More about Gladys gambling and Selena shaking her down. I'd rather SM go on maternity leave because of Gladys than because she has a breakdown on TV.  It's nice to see Brooklyn and Lucy supporting her even if the latter is doing it for devious reasons of her own.

Robert, you've got Holly and Diane fighting over you and Robin is a grown adult. Leave Anna to make her own decisions.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina goes to Drew to ask him to help her make peace with Carly and hence Willow Drew shuts her down because it's all her fault that there is a problem. I don't think that this could be any more boring, or gaslighting. Also Drew is being such a jerk I hope even more that he goes to jail.

Wait. Nina asks Drew to just make peace and end this and drew was like, no, because you suck? what kind of response.... oh wait never mind. 

also. i would give ANYONE to go. "actually no Carly started it and just because everyone hates Nelle, everyone was okay with it."

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
50 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And the show giving Sasha an intentional breakdown by playing baby cries in her earpiece.

The vagabond hobo overheard Felicia get upset by it, and ran out, so you just know he'll go and save the damsel in distress.  Maybe even pick her up and carry her out of the studio when the solution would be for Sasha to simply pull the ear piece out of her ear.  

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"You love being pre-med." Sure, that's why she never talks about it

What's wierder is that she's technically not premed yet.  She brought it up to Carly a month or so ago but I'm pretty sure you can't change your courses while actually taking your courses, which means she would likely have switched over at the end of this school year, which just ended, and started the pre-med classes in September.  But yeah, she loves the classes that start 3 months from now.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Well, if Dex talked Joss out of going on the run with him, then yep she's going to be the one who turns Sonny in.  No way she's giving up that peen.  We've all been there.  lol

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I appreciated the short memorial to Jackie Zeman around min 45 of the show.

That is all. 

Short as in all of 3 seconds of it? I was appalled at that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why can't Dex send the video to the authorities without Michael's knowledge or approval?  It would still get Sonny arrested and thereby allow him to go back to a regular work life.  

actually it can't.
because Michael (nor Dex) is law enforcement, and because Dex was basically always about what about Pikeman etc. any lawyer worth their salt could simply say that Sonny was set up, or it was entrapment. [added to the fat since they didn't have a warrant or anything they realy can't use that against sonny because it could also be seen as not admissible in court)

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

because Michael (nor Dex) is law enforcement, and because Dex was basically always about what about Pikeman etc. any lawyer worth their salt could simply say that Sonny was set up, or it was entrapment. [added to the fat since they didn't have a warrant or anything they realy can't use that against sonny because it could also be seen as not admissible in court)

So we've been watching this whole set up for a year and it wouldn't have gone anywhere, anyway because Michael wouldn't have been able to turn it in anyway??

• Mind Blown 4
19 minutes ago, Gam2 said:
29 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I appreciated the short memorial to Jackie Zeman around min 45 of the show.

That is all. 

??  I was skipping ahead the commercials so maybe I missed it, or not on the CityTV Toronto feed??

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why can't Dex send the video to the authorities without Michael's knowledge or approval?  It would still get Sonny arrested and thereby allow him to go back to a regular work life.  

He's not going to do it because Michael will know right away it was him. And Joss is probably the one who will do the deed anyway. The only thing at stake for her is Dex. She thinks that Donna and Avery will be better off without Sonny. And she hates him now.

23 minutes ago, Blackie said:

??  I was skipping ahead the commercials so maybe I missed it, or not on the CityTV Toronto feed??

It wasn't on CityTV.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Sad 2
49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, what? What? What context was Robin's name brought in? 

Robin's name wasn't brought into it, that was my extrapolation. Robert was scolding Anna for risking her life as if she was a child or had a child at home to take care of.

I've always been a huge Robert/Anna fan but he treated her with more respect when he was hating her back in the day than he does now with Valentin.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

But yeah, she loves the classes that start 3 months from now.  

More like she loves the status of being considered pre-med.

Given how much money her father has, I'm pretty sure that even if Joss is on the run with Dex, she's not going to have to wait tables under the name of Trixie.

31 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So we've been watching this whole set up for a year and it wouldn't have gone anywhere, anyway because Michael wouldn't have been able to turn it in anyway??

Like Willow dying and Carly's insider trading, it takes up months of time and  goes nowhere

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's not going to do it because Michael will know right away it was him

Yeah, but what can Michael do about it?  Kill Dex?  The thought of Constipated Eyeore trying to kill someone makes me laugh.  There's not much else since saying anything to anyone would out Michael at this point.  

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Given how much money her father has, I'm pretty sure that even if Joss is on the run with Dex, she's not going to have to wait tables under the name of Trixie.

Jax' head would explode if he found out his precious baby girl was on the run with Jason Lite.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It's like Nina's "Identity Theft" charge Michael tried to set up.  it just has NO legs. to it. i mean this one you can sort of side-eye because unless you watch Perry Mason, Law and Order (or AMC, where Jackson Montgomery & Livia Frye were AMAZING lawyers), you wouldn't know until you dd it. [where the Identity theft was always stupid because that's not what it was]

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’m not. I equate it to the short “In memory of” blurbs we see a few days or a week after a cast member dies, only this one was a bit longer and more involved. I expect an episode or more focusing on Bobbie’s death a few weeks from now or possibly months because of the writers’ strike

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, but what can Michael do about it?  Kill Dex?  The thought of Constipated Eyeore trying to kill someone makes me laugh.  There's not much else since saying anything to anyone would out Michael at this point.  

Michael will puff fish his way through his sentences as he always does when he's angry. If Joss does it, he'll still think that it was Dex and Dex will take it like a big boy to protect his silver spoon toddler girlfriend.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Joss does it, he'll still think that it was Dex and Dex will take it like a big boy to protect his silver spoon toddler girlfriend.

Ooooh, that sounds like a fun storyline,  can't wait.  

• LOL 3

I watched the whole episode and did not see the JZ memorial. ...Perhaps I had a brief stroke brought on by this exchange:

Dex: If I stay, I could get arrested, or Sonny might kill me, or, I will have to keep working for Sonny.

Joss: ...well I think you should stay. ...cuz I LIKE you! ...a lot!  

Anyway, can someone describe the memorial bit?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Anyway, can someone describe the memorial bit?

It was pieces of scenes showing Jackie, mostly recently, with the first being from decades ago, with part of Carly’s speech from the recent Nurse’s Ball celebrating her mom running over it. There were 2 stills, one saying “General Hospital remembers Jacklyn Zeman 1953 - 2023” around the middle and then a picture of Jackie with the text “Jacklyn Zeman 1953 - 2023” at the end

• Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The vagabond hobo overheard Felicia get upset by it, and ran out, so you just know he'll go and save the damsel in distress. 

Honestly the actor who plays Cody is playing it like he knows his character sucks.  He’s such a sad sack all the time.  He comes on screen and his body language screams “I’m sorry, it’s me again, I know this sucks”.  I don’t blame the actor for this (his name is escaping me right now).  I liked him on OLTL but this character has No Purpose.

As far as Sasha, are there only three employees that work at Deception?  A multimillion dollar company and Maxie, Lucy, and Sasha are the only options??  Ok then 🙄 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't Dex just quit Sonny's organization? Surely everyone who joins can't stay a gangster forever.

Granted all my knowledge of the mob comes from watching The Sopranos but I think it’s kind of a lifelong thing…you don’t just get to leave.  That’s why Sonny made a point to say Milo was one of the few who was able to get out unscathed.

• Like 2

What was with the wonky camera work during the Joss/Dex scenes?  I can only guess that the camera person, like the rest of us, dozed off at one point thus making the camera go all shaky.  But, yeah, Block of Wood is none too bright, as "well, I think you should stay because I like you" was all it took for him to change his mind.

I really hope Sasha pushes through those Home Shopping Club assholes cranking a baby crying into her earpiece (what kind of monsters are they?), as I have no desire to see the character have more trauma foisted on her. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Drew's motivational speeches are clearly only for the Carlys. 

Really hoping Gladys doesn't team up with Cody to find the (yawn) necklace to repay her debt.

Edited by ciarra
  • Applause 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

What's wierder is that she's technically not premed yet.  She brought it up to Carly a month or so ago but I'm pretty sure you can't change your courses while actually taking your courses, which means she would likely have switched over at the end of this school year, which just ended, and started the pre-med classes in September.  

In real life, sure, but she'd be on the soap opera accelerated learning program where you decide that you want to be a doctor and then 20 episodes later you're in med school and then a year after that you're starting your internship, and then two years after that you're in the running to become chief of staff.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Robin's name wasn't brought into it, that was my extrapolation. Robert was scolding Anna for risking her life as if she was a child or had a child at home to take care of.

Which is especially galling when you remember that all those years when Robert and Anna were thought to be dead and Robin was still a child at home, needing to be taken care of, Robert was roaming around the world doing WSB stuff.

But, yeah, the pearl clutching from Robert was a bit much considering the many decades during which both he and Anna have taken wild risks with their lives.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

It's like Nina's "Identity Theft" charge Michael tried to set up.

Identity Fraud, a crime so totally real and not at all made up that I'm surprised they didn't tack on a misdemeanor bitchery charge for good measure.

Edited by Steph J
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Steph J said:

But, yeah, the pearl clutching from Robert was a bit much considering the many decades during which both he and Anna have taken wild risks with their lives.

They just want to use Robert to get between the (kind of boring) Valentin/Anna relationship, sort of like what he did with the Finn/Anna relationship ("losing" the special sapphire engagement ring).  I don't think Robert disapproves all that much even when Anna (with a gunshot wound) gets out of a hospital bed to go after Victor.  It's not as if Robert prevented her from leaving.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 4

Sasha looked like she was pretty sure she was not insane and the baby crying was coming from her ear piece.  She should take it out, unless she can figure out a way to expose Haven for the dirt bag she is.

Were Dom and Taub married when Cody was born?  If so, I think he legally counts as his son, DNA or no.

Did Brook make that up about Maxie letting her back in the company?  If so, that's a weird play.  She's not going to get any secrets by watching the taping of a show and Maxie et al would have all let her back in when she actually asked.  

Joss and Dex are ridiculous.  Well, mostly just Joss.  Dex was actually quite correct in saying they didn't know each other well enough for her to give up her whole life for him.  But, if I thought I loved someone and it was dangerous to stick around, I would encourage him to leave. Not all about you, Joss.

And what was Michael on about?  I don't feel pressured, but you're probably secretly pressuring me, so stop.  What?  Huh?  Did that make sense to someone else?

Gladys sucks to the moon and back.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

And what was Michael on about?  I don't feel pressured, but you're probably secretly pressuring me, so stop.  What?  Huh?  Did that make sense to someone else?

When has anything Michael says made sense?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

I’m sure this probably more of a creatively bankrupt issue than a morally bankrupt one (Frank may have his quirks but he’s not Jill Farren Phelps), but it does seem unbelievably cruel to make a pregnant in real life actress play any kind of dead baby storyline even if it’s just a rehash of the trauma from the first one. I’m sure they probably didn’t have much lined up for the character story wise so this was probably the easy route to take but couldn’t they have just sent her on a several months Deception tour of Japan or something? 

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, sashabear21 said:

I’m sure this probably more of a creatively bankrupt issue than a morally bankrupt one (Frank may have his quirks but he’s not Jill Farren Phelps), but it does seem unbelievably cruel to make a pregnant in real life actress play any kind of dead baby storyline even if it’s just a rehash of the trauma from the first one.

I didn't care about Sasha and I thought that they should have written her off with Brando after they got married.

I think that writing in her first pregnant only to have the baby die was very cruel. They were asking a new mother to play out this storyline and I just found it gross. 

Nobody twisted the writers' arm into writing her real life pregnancy in.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Carly is a straight up bitch. 
Nina is apologizing to her face and Carly won’t acknowledge it let alone accept it. 
How about Wiley , Carly. He happens to love  Gramma Nina so why not do it for him ? Amelia is going to grow up wondering about Gramma Nina because of Wiley. So do it for the little people, Carly or is it really all about you?

Edited by PatsyandEddie
One letter changes everything
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7