Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Carly is a first rate cow. Even when she's down, she finds a way to be smug and insufferable. The wedding was lovely, everyone who was thought so. Reminds me that Nelle brought Michael and Willow together. Someone needs to drop kick her ass into the sun. 

Hello, Helena! Constance Towers looks fantastic and I still don't get why they killed off her character.

Die, Willow, die!

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Helena!  Even if she is a hallucination, the parts of the episode with Helena and Tracy are a delight, even if there was far to much Carly.

And Laura proves herself totally badass.

Victor is doing the villain thing but for my money, Carly was crueller. Nina did a kind thing, offering to pay Carly's bill but Carly just twisted the knife in deeper and deeper, telling her how beautiful the wedding was, what a terrible person Nelle is, how she was the one to bring Michael and Willow together, and how Drew is going to be the one to save Willow by bringing Obrecht back, ignoring that it was Nina who encouraged Liesl to get tested.

Also there was no call to tell Ava "it was a lovely wedding for everyone who was invited." Carly is really horrible.

Carly, you know that Drew is not in Maui and the SEC can do nothing if they find Drew in another country. There ar legal issues like extradition that take time.

Obrecht, grab a shovel and knock Victor out and give Valentin the antidote.

What is it about Curtis? As soon as Trina gets close to him, she becomes as helpless as Portia.

Good old GH -- why isn't there an oncologist treating Willow instead of First Year Resident TJ?

I love Tracy and her X-rated The Miller's Tale for Wylie.

The WSB stuff is very stupid. Blowing up the island would cause the virus to spread even if it's under concrete. Does no one at the WSB ever watch sci fi?

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is a first rate cow. Even when she's down, she finds a way to be smug and insufferable. The

One thing that’s consistent about Carly is she turns into a raging bitch and lashes out anytime something bad goes on in her life. The only thing I got from her scenes is poor waitress having to listen to her go on and on. I bet she didn’t even tip. 

Also, how exactly does Nina continue to get the blame for Nelle when she had as much to do with raising her as she did Willow? Nelle made her own choices and had her own poor childhood experiences that had nothing to do with Nina. Maybe take a closer look as your trash bag of an adopted father for that one, Carly 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

I bet she didn’t even tip. 

She said keep the change.  I don't know how much the change was.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina did a kind thing, offering to pay Carly's bill but Carly just twisted the knife in deeper and deeper, telling her how beautiful the wedding was, what a terrible person Nelle is, how she was the one to bring Michael and Willow together, and how Drew is going to be the one to save Willow by bringing Obrecht back, ignoring that it was Nina who encouraged Liesl to get tested.

Carly was awful.  Especially walking away instead of telling nina that Willow was in the hospital.  that woud be indefensible no matter what.  

Nina was probaby only offerig to pay because she knows she's the reason Carly can't, but Carly didn't know that.  And then she took a shot at Ava for some reason.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, you know that Drew is not in Maui and the SEC can do nothing if they find Drew in another country. There ar legal issues like extradition that take time.

I just think it's ridiculous that they think the SEC can find Drew. he's in the middle of nowhere.  this is only an insider trader thing. Drew's not a terrorist or something.  they're not going to launch an all out international manhunt for him, but even if they were, there's literally no way to find him (except at this point they could ask the WSB

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I understand the concept, but Curtis and that guard said there were so many guards they haven't all met each other.  i have to kind of eye roll that one, but there's too many for her to try to pull crap like that.

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The WSB stuff is very stupid. Blowing up the island would cause the virus to spread even if it's under concrete. Does no one at the WSB ever watch sci fi?

I still feel like it wouldn't because they are miles and miles away from people..

• Like 5

Carly chaps my ass on a good day but today she totally burned it. Seriously lady, wth is your problem? She just doesn’t even try to help herself. Nina is impulsive and does stupid things at times but Carly runs her mouth when it’s not warranted. Just like she did with the SEC agent ,she had to be rude AF to Nina. Some might see that bellicose manner as strong but I see it as insecurity. 
Traci is a joy while Helena is a whole other use of nastiness. Great to see them both looking and being fabulous!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the Carly/Nina scenes the same way.  If anyone has to wonder why I hate Carly, just look at today's scenes. She is a bitch just to be a bitch. No other reason. It's really pathetic and weird. Nina asked about the wedding, but she coudn't help getting in some digs about Nelle. Why? What's the point? Dang . . . she must be a miserable person to be so consistently nasty and awful. 

I enjoyed the Sprina/HS stuff. I wish Sprina's adventure had been a bit longer, but it was fun while it lasted. I hope we get to see more of their relatioship develop b/c w/this story ending, there's not much else I care about right now. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

SEC: We are freezing your accounts
Carly: well why can't i charge pie & coffee?

Nina offering to pay made my day
I will also have to say. Nina is a better person than I because I would have made Carly feel shame that she has never felt before. (and then i would have slapped her). Again. Nina doesn't whitewash Nelle's behaviour. She's simply stating had Nelle not been used for bodyparts, and raised the way she was NONE of this most likely doesn't happen. (or maybe not to the extent).Love how Carly is all "Nelle Horriblleee." and Carly's done the same things she has done, minus dead baby swapping

did these two diipsticks still not tell Golden Spawn that Willow is dying?

Ava speaking truths. If Drew didn't want to go to jail, he shouldn't have committed a crime. 

HELENA!!!

• Like 14
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Ava speaking truths. If Drew didn't want to go to jail, he shouldn't have committed a crime. 

Pretty rich from a person are person that away from first degree murder (Kate) because Scotty got rid of evidence, involvement over Sonny killing AJ, and then swapping Morgan's much needed bipolar medication with placebo, which lead to Morgan's death. Can someone like Kristina point this out to Ava to shut her up? On a side note, I stopped feeling sorry for Scott over what Sonny did to Karen and his grief over Karen's death after he pulled that stunt. (but still feel bad for Karen).

• Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Pretty rich from a person are person that away from first degree murder (Kate) because Scotty got rid of evidence, involvement over Sonny killing AJ, and then swapping Morgan's much needed bipolar medication with placebo, which lead to Morgan's death. Can someone like Kristina point this out to Ava to shut her up? On a side note, I stopped feeling sorry for Scott over what Sonny did to Karen and his grief over Karen's death after he pulled that stunt. (but still feel bad for Karen).

days like this make me hope Ava’s down fall is coming soon. That’s only a few things she’s done in the past and doesn’t include her most recent crime. Ava thinks she “killed” Nikolas and was hiding his body but has the nerve to fix her mouth to say drew and Carly committed a crime so they should be in jail.

• Applause 1

LOL at the expression on the server's face when Carly told her "her great-aunt Ruby used to own this place." It was like, 'Okay, whatever."

Elizabeth should be not-so-secretly thrilled that Carly was arrested, for whatever reason, even if it put stress on poor near-death Willow.

Uh, no, Elizabeth, it does NOT take having kids to realize that being with family is important. And just because people don't have kids doesn't mean their lives are emotional wastelands. There's nothing wrong with a spa day. FFS, does this show want me to have a rage blackout?

Wasn't Robert unable to get a hold of anyone at the WSB? Or did he just not want to call them because he was afraid they'd use the nuclear approach right off the bat? I can't keep track when the WSB is helpful and when it isn't.

1 minute ago, Gemini2989 said:

Ava thinks she “killed” Nikolas and was hiding his body but has the nerve to fix her mouth to say drew and Carly committed a crime so they should be in jail.

Both things are true; it's not a zero-sum game here.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Gemini2989 said:

days like this make me hope Ava’s down fall is coming soon. That’s only a few things she’s done in the past and doesn’t include her most recent crime. Ava thinks she “killed” Nikolas and was hiding his body but has the nerve to fix her mouth to say drew and Carly committed a crime so they should be in jail.

She didn't say they "should" be in jail.  I don't think she cares.  She was just saying if they did go to jail it's on them and not Nina, because they're the ones that chose to do the crime.

If Austin (and where has he been, I just realized i don't remember seeing him for a while), told someone what Ava did and she blamed him instead of herself, then we could have an issue with what she said.

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She didn't say they "should" be in jail.  I don't think she cares.  She was just saying if they did go to jail it's on them and not Nina, because they're the ones that chose to do the crime.

If Austin (and where has he been, I just realized i don't remember seeing him for a while), told someone what Ava did and she blamed him instead of herself, then we could have an issue with what she said.

They either don’t care about Austin or Roger Howarth is leaving.  I hope he does leave so I can finally be finished with this show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

The same way if Ava gets arrested or goes to jail for “killing” Nikolas (something she hasn’t shown a ounce of guilt over)it’s on her but I’m sure she will pull out every excuse in the book on why she shouldn’t go even though she’s the one that committed the crime. Ava is a hypocritical idiot who’s only slightly smarter than Nina.And I still stand by that I hope her down fall is coming soon. 

I don’t care about Austin, he’s a pointless character and roger should of been off the show a long time ago. I only care about mason popping up because he knows where Nikolas is. 

Edited by Gemini2989
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Also, how exactly does Nina continue to get the blame for Nelle when she had as much to do with raising her as she did Willow? Nelle made her own choices and had her own poor childhood experiences that had nothing to do with Nina. Maybe take a closer look as your trash bag of an adopted father for that one, Carly 

Well that's the whole tone deaf writing Carly gets for some reason, where she lays the blame on everyone for everything. Never mind that a very big reason Michael was able to get custody of Wylie was Nina testifying against Nelle. 

This version of Carly is absolutely hateful and hate-filled. She has zero redeeming qualities. Nobody on this show deserves to get theirs more than she does.

What would it have cost her to tell Nina that Willow was at the hospital? Of course, not saying anything will receive full justification from the writers and full endorsement from the characters. Carly will skate, the status quo will be maintained with nuJulian getting chewed out for reporting a crime.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 8

Carly, at the time, NO ONE knew Nelle was using her dead nephew as a weapon. OMG, that scene with Nina was way worse that the one between Valentin and Victor. 

Crying over Spencer wasn't going to wake him up, Trina. Shake him or slap him a big. Good grief. But LOL at how quickly he bounced back. Ah, youth!

LW, CW, and MW all have the same hair color, or at least it looked that way at Kelly's today.

Drew, you haven't won anything, so maybe don't start gloating just yet, huh?

Helena! Constance Towers looks fantastic, as always.

Grab some warm clothes for the giant cute baby, someone! Trina and Spencer need some coats, too.

"Do you have any news?" "Yes. You killed your wife, Michael!" I might have dreamed that last bit. (But then we see a conscious Willow in the previews. Way to kill that cliffhanger, Show!)

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
36 minutes ago, Gemini2989 said:

I'll root for Ava's downfall when this show finally stops allowing the Carlys and Sonny to get way with all of their BS instead of letting them swan around Port Chuck like their stuff doesn't stink.  Which means I'll never root for her downfall.

Actually, Ava is a perfect example of how to write for an imperfect character.  She's done some awful things, but she's also had some horrible things happen to her. She may not have dealt with direct consequences for her actions, but she's not skated by and now treated like a beloved icon of truth and beauty. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I have to rant about that ending about blowing up the island.

So Frisco, director, decided that the island would not be bombed. So in essentially a coup at the WSB, Frisco is removed and replaced by a director who will blow up the island.

This shit makes zero sense. The writing for that was absolutely awful. And this whole idea there this rock where Victor and everyone else is held up is unclaimed by every nation so that bombing it doesn't create a diplomatic crisis is so unbelievably dumb. 

The WSB is a rogue organization. Period. And it's not like bombing the hell out of the facility isn't going to allow the pathogen to escape and be triggered by the sunlight. Then again I can't expect anything logical from these dummies. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Applause 8
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

This shit makes zero sense. The writing for that was absolutely awful. And this whole idea there this rock where Victor and everyone else is held up is unclaimed by every nation so that bombing it doesn't create a diplomatic crisis is so unbelievably dumb. 

Next season on a special episode of Borgen as form international alliances to deal with the WSB bombing the island. Episode 1: putting the WSB on the list of terrorist organizations and cut ties and funding.

1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

but, wouldn't that be part of his frozen assets?

I think that only Carly and Drew's assets were frozen. Michael told the SEC that he had no knowledge of what they were doing.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at the expression on the server's face when Carly told her "her great-aunt Ruby used to own this place." It was like, 'Okay, whatever."

I can't remember -- was Ruby a Carly propper too or did she share Luke's opinion of her?

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Do you have any news?" "Yes. You killed your wife, Michael!" I might have dreamed that last bit.

If they gave me that, I would be fine with months of a strike.

Ugh, it just occurred to me that if there is a delay because of the strike, Willow is going to languish pink-cheeked on her death bed for months.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't remember -- was Ruby a Carly propper too or did she share Luke's opinion of her?

Ruby died way back during SJB's tenure. The only people who really liked her back then were Bobbie and Jason.

Edited by VioletMarx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Do you have any news?" "Yes. You killed your wife, Michael!" I might have dreamed that last bit. (But then we see a conscious Willow in the previews. Way to kill that cliffhanger, Show!)

And Willow (just die already) will use what little strength she has left (🙄) to reassure Michael she didn’t faint because of what he told her. It could never be his fault. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, DanaMB said:

And Willow (just die already) will use what little strength she has left (🙄) to reassure Michael she didn’t faint because of what he told her. It could never be his fault. 

She was thinking about Nina and that's what made her faint!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I fast forward thru all Carly/Joss scenes because I need to reduce my stress level. I do wish they would pick a lane for Nina. Either make her “evil” and enjoy watching Carly have her assets frozen or stop making impulsive decisions and have her be a full blown martyr. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Next season on a special episode of Borgen as form international alliances to deal with the WSB bombing the island. Episode 1: putting the WSB on the list of terrorist organizations and cut ties and funding.

LOL. Birgitte Nyborg would have this shit figured out in about five minutes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. Birgitte Nyborg would have this shit figured out in about five minutes.

Don't make me miss her more!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I have to rant about that ending about blowing up the island.

So Frisco, director, decided that the island would not be bombed. So in essentially a coup at the WSB, Frisco is removed and replaced by a director who will blow up the island.

The WSB has been co-opted by the baddies at least 2-4 times in the last decade. At one point Victor had them in his pocket when he was still played by Thaao Penghlis. I wish the show would address that more often and send Anna or Robert in to clean house.

• Applause 5
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Birgitte Nyborg would have this shit figured out in about five minutes.

and then hopped on her bike and rode home LOL!

How old is Wiley? He talks such baby talk, "Bwookwin where my mommy?"

Drew's face when Laura whipped out the tube of virus(?), 😆 ya that was the face a navy seal would make in the face of danger 😆

Mr Blackie was laughing his ass off at the island scenes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, norahs99 said:

I'll root for Ava's downfall when this show finally stops allowing the Carlys and Sonny to get way with all of their BS instead of letting them swan around Port Chuck like their stuff doesn't stink.  Which means I'll never root for her downfall.

Actually, Ava is a perfect example of how to write for an imperfect character.  She's done some awful things, but she's also had some horrible things happen to her. She may not have dealt with direct consequences for her actions, but she's not skated by and now treated like a beloved icon of truth and beauty. 

Ava isn’t a perfect example of anything other than being a character that has stayed on the show past her use. She’s one of the three carlys. Ava/Carly/Nina are all the same character, it’s just a matter of which one you like more. And just because other characters get away with their BS as you put it doesn’t mean Ava gets to also. And Ava most certainly walks around town like her “stuff doesn’t stink” that’s what she’s doing now. And she most certainly has skated by on more than one crime and murder and continues to do so. The bad things that have happened to her can all be traced back to the problems of her own making. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Gemini2989 said:

Ava isn’t a perfect example of anything other than being a character that has stayed on the show past her use. She’s one of the three carlys. Ava/Carly/Nina are all the same character, it’s just a matter of which one you like more. And just because other characters get away with their BS as you put it doesn’t mean Ava gets to also. And Ava most certainly walks around town like her “stuff doesn’t stink” that’s what she’s doing now. And she most certainly has skated by on more than one crime and murder and continues to do so. The bad things that have happened to her can all be traced back to the problems of her own making. 

But no one practically genuflects in her presence, they way the do with Carly.  Ave doesn't have a posse of enablers who act like she's never set a foot wrong in her entire life.  Everyone in PC know who Ava is, what she's done, and her only friend is the woman who forced her into labor.  She may not be any 'better' than Carly, but the show doesn't pretend that she is the way they do with Carly.

• Like 10
  • Applause 8

IMO Carly is the only smug one.  Add her outrageous, unrelenting smugness to her other defining trait - her relentless bullying, and she's intolerable.  For me, it's not about what the characters have done or haven't done.  It just comes down to that. 

• Like 11
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 4/30/2023 at 7:00 AM, nilyank said:

If they actually took months to investigate, they would gather such damaging information like Carly and Drew hugging at the hospital more than half a year after Carly bought the Aurora stock. 

I mean someone had to inform the SEC about that specific time frame where the hug took place rather them watching hours upon hours upon hours in the hope of finding proof of relatioship between Carly and Drew.

The whole story is stupid.  A better story would be a crushing shareholder lawsuit against all these idiots for wrecking Aurora’s stock.  Amd not involving Carly or Drewfus’ relationship that no one gives a shit about.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
On 5/1/2023 at 11:12 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Victor should remember that it's people in his position who lobby governments for what they want and hoard everything they can. Should start by them and himself.

Spencer was bitching because of his $10K/month stipend and quit his job at Kelly's the second he was allowed to have the money.

It wasn’t $10k Lee month.  It was $10k per week.  

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Wiley got the vibe of a kid who eats a lotta paste.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Hello, Helena! Constance Towers looks fantastic and I still don't get why they killed off her character.

Constance Towers was the highlight of the episode. It was worth tuning in just to see her.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also there was no call to tell Ava "it was a lovely wedding for everyone who was invited." Carly is really horrible.

I'm sure Ava spent the evening crying into her wine about not being allowed to go to Michael and Willow's wedding. Not everyone gives a shit, Carly, so show your broke ass out the door.

With this being an anniversary year, and having recently watched a lot of 93/94 episodes, I've found myself wondering a lot what the show would look like now if Sonny had remained the short-term character he was originally designed to be. Maybe the Carly character still would've been introduced, and maybe the show would have stuck with her even after losing Sarah Brown, but without the Sonny-Carly relationship anchoring the show, would Carly still be around today? In the absence of Sonny and Carly, who would the show be built around now?

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Also... Laura is so bad ass

She is indeed. But did anyone else notice that when she opened the canister with the pathogen she kind of swooned a little and made an "I'm sick" face? I hope that doesn't mean she was infected trying to save the world.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

But no one practically genuflects in her presence, they way the do with Carly

Well Trina did.

1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

Either make her “evil” and enjoy watching Carly have her assets frozen or stop making impulsive decisions and have her be a full blown martyr. 

They need to watch CW's role as Annie Dutton on Guilding Light. She was damaged and crazypants and just delighted in all the evil that she. More importantly, she was fun to watch. Nina is not especially interesting to watch when she gets than tone of whinying "I didn't mean to do that."

In other news, Drew looks goofy in that hat. And dumb.

5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I enjoyed the Sprina/HS stuff. I wish Sprina's adventure had been a bit longer, but it was fun while it lasted

When they said Spencer and Trina were going to be part of this Haunted Star adventure, I thought they would actually get to do more than just being hostages. They should have been in the thick of things.

But no matter because there was Ace ready to ditch minion nanny and go home.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Constance Towers was the highlight of the episode. It was worth tuning in just to see her.

I wasn't spoiled so that was a complete surprise to me! I even WOW our loud.

59 minutes ago, Steph J said:

've found myself wondering a lot what the show would look like now if Sonny had remained the short-term character he was originally designed to be.

no Jasus-Borg.   Maybe Jason and Liz? Maybe AJ and Carly?  Jax and Brenda?

• Useful 1

Carly is horrible so disgusting. Nelle didn't need to be brought up at all. 

Yes Michael it was your fault.  She saw the man she married by his actions and it was too much. 

Carly talks about great aunt Ruby like they had a great relationship.  I wish someone point out Ruby loved Brenda. 

Nina really doesn't think things out before she acts. 

Wow finally they bring up Frisco. 

• Like 8

Constance Towers looks amazing! It was great to see her again.

Helena and Laura were the highlights of the show for me. Drew is an idiot. And fucking useless.

I fast forwarded through all the Michael and Willow stuff. Normally I welcome scenes with Liz and TJ but had no interest in their Willow propping today.

Every time I think Carly couldn't be more vile, she becomes even more horrible. There is no bottom with this character. She's just a total piece of shit. I will never, ever understand why this vindictive, bitter gasbag was made the heroine of the show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Why do they just keep gaslighting Wiley about his mother being fine and just needing to rest and coming home to him real soon. When exactly is going to be the "right time" to tell Wiley that his mother has cancer. I guess right after they tell him about Nelle.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

he's 5. 
he was 3 during the NF. and 2 years later =5

• Useful 1
On 5/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, statsgirl said:

Why can't the WSB learn that Victor is planning to take out half the world? Isn't it their role to stop that sort of thing?

This show has done some stupid things but sidelining Robert to babysit Scott while wounded Anna and civilian Holly go after Victor may just take the cake. On the other hand, Laura's plan isn't a genius idea either. Do they really think that Victor won't recognize Drew???

"If it wasn't Ned, then who would have went to the SEC?"  That was so jarring. Wasn't Michael educated at expensive schools?

"You didn't incite or entice Drew or Carly to do anything. If there was insider trading they made that decision themselves. All you did was report it."  I love Martin and his correct grammar.

They are really piling on the guilt for Nina.

For someone who is dying, Willow not only looks very healthy, she's up and around the house a lot.

"I think the most important thing right now is to bring Liesl home safe and sound so that she can be a bone marrow donor for Willow..."  Yes Michael, for body parts. And let's forget about Spencer and the baby. He is such a horrible person, the supposed show leading man.

I hate how much Willow is working to reconcile Michael and Sonny while rejecting her own mother and family.

If Ned puts ELQ ahead of everything else as a Quartermaine, does that mean Michael is acknowledging that the attempted merger was a bad idea?

I thought Brick was smart -- why didn't he check the warehouse for bugs and cameras?

It doesn't look like she's in the ICU any more given the number of visitors she has.

Bombing the island would make the airbourne virus spread farther and faster. Surely the WSB isn't that stupid

The heat would destroy it, or it would be buried in the rubble.  I imagine they would carpet bomb the whole place to be sure.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:56 PM, CeChase said:

I think Sonny has said he won't deal arms.  I mean, that leaves like Splenda packets, you know?  It's so ridiculous. 

He doesn’t deal drugs, he doesn’t run guns.  Does he loanshark, or run an illegal sports book?  Beyond trafficking in stoked merchandise, what else is there?

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Helena!  Even if she is a hallucination, the parts of the episode with Helena and Tracy are a delight, even if there was far to much Carly.

And Laura proves herself totally badass.

Victor is doing the villain thing but for my money, Carly was crueller. Nina did a kind thing, offering to pay Carly's bill but Carly just twisted the knife in deeper and deeper, telling her how beautiful the wedding was, what a terrible person Nelle is, how she was the one to bring Michael and Willow together, and how Drew is going to be the one to save Willow by bringing Obrecht back, ignoring that it was Nina who encouraged Liesl to get tested.

What is it about Curtis? As soon as Trina gets close to him, she becomes as helpless as Portia.

Good old GH -- why isn't there an oncologist treating Willow instead of First Year Resident TJ?

I love Tracy and her X-rated The Miller's Tale for Wylie.

Drew can’t be touched period.  So far they’re just persons of interest, so no, the SEC can do nothing if he’s not in America.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 5/2/2023 at 9:39 AM, ffwbe said:

They used scab writers during the last strike so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go that route again. The writers also likely had scripts ready for at least another month so they can still film the completed scripts. It’s just no rewrites or edits can be made on those but I don’t think soaps do that very often once they start filming.

Scabs might be a huge improvement in this case.

• Like 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank loves the lispy young'uns: NB's Spencer, Violet, now Wiwey.

But usually they are lispy but precocious and are young kids lisping adult talk. With Wiley it seems like a kid old enough to talk properly and being told to say "Brookwin". I just got that impression today, maybe the kid really can't form all his letters yet.

Edited by Blackie
can't not can
(edited)

Between flashbacks and needless scenes, it’s felt like the writers had been on strike when these past couple of episodes were written (which I know they’d obviously not been). Joss and Dex were one big naked recap with some Carly Jr of “Ned’s fault” and “Tracy is a witch” sprinkled in.  The scenes with Elizabeth and Robert were beyond pointless.

The Carly/Nina sniping is well past its expiration date for me.  An occasional snotty encounter might be mildly entertaining, but we seem to be getting 2-3 a week now.

On the island set, that tube of pathogen looks suspiciously like the bad fake red wine we see in bar scenes, though I liked the retro touch of the old school Macintosh.  And I thought DT did a good job with the fight scenes; action hero mode seems to suit him.

Constance Towers can pop up in hallucinations any time she wants - what a highlight.  Her calm scariness as Helena is a great antidote to a lot of overacting on the show, and of course her wardrobe is A+ (which I’d read a few years ago is from CT’s closet).  She turns 90 in a couple of weeks…wow!

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well Trina did.

Trina bonds with her over art.  She's not really privy to the bad things Ava did.  Ava is supportive of her.  Trina doesn't make excuses for Ava or have things to forgive her for where she won't forgive another for similar things.  And there's no one else - not a whole gang of people like Carly has.  

• Like 10
8 hours ago, Suicidy said:

He doesn’t deal drugs, he doesn’t run guns.  Does he loanshark, or run an illegal sports book?  Beyond trafficking in stoked merchandise, what else is there?

Murder for hire. And just plain murders.

• Like 4