Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Hostility and sarcasm isn't going to get you your giant cute baby brother, Spencer. You need to play more of the long game here. He's such a dunce.

And Victor, focus on your plan, not your giant cute grand-nephew. There's time to be a baby stealer later.

25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They're leaning into she had decided to break up with him and it's not her fault he wasn't there when she went to break the news, so that's on him.

I know what I saw, Show. It wasn't that the breakup was Cam's fault.

More Epiphany stanvils. I have a terrible suspicion that her death is going to be all about Marshall.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I’m not understanding why Laura is letting Spencer stay her. He’s openly hostile towards Esme and seems to go out of his way to antagonize her. I don’t blame him for hating her but dude should not be living under the same roof with her and it just makes Laura look ridiculous. This is one of the versions of Laura I can’t stand…hand wringing with disappointed face. Get Spencer a room at the metrocourt and be done with it. 

• Like 11

Has amnesiac Esme ever seen Cam yet? Because he lookin" totally HOT and I think she would be rethinking her running ideas as soon as she gets her eyes on him!!

10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

This is one of the versions of Laura I can’t stand…hand wringing with disappointed face. Get Spencer a room at the metrocourt and be done with it. 

No kidding, the contortions she was wringing her face into at Shadybrook  were ridiculous. Its you house Laura, time to set some ground rules.

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Has amnesiac Esme ever seen Cam yet? Because he lookin" totally HOT and I think she would be rethinking her running ideas as soon as she gets her eyes on him!!

On another soap, this would be the moment that we discover that Cam and not Nikolas is the father huge, cute baby. Amnesia Esme would have no clue and Cam would either go to Stanford without revealing it or stay as he and Esme try to figure out the co-parenting thing (and more).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Really, Sonny? You're asking Joss to keep an eye out for your enemies? He knows Joss hates him, right:

OMG, the giant cute baby was adorable today. That grin when he looked straight into the camera was too much!

The Dumpsters outside the GH studio isn't worth the "location," Show. 

Selena is so much better as a mobster than Sonny is.

"Anna, we are this close to figuring out the madness that my father is up to." Oh, Valentin. We are nowhere near figuring it out.

• LOL 10

I guess the new narrative is that Joss didn't cheat on Cam, that she broke up with him before she and Dex started boinking. K, cool cool cool cooool.

Cam going on about if Dex hurts Joss. *heavy sigh* What in the fuck is wrong with these writers.

Watching this drivel is like sitting through a root canal.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What better way to memorialize Epiphany than having amateur strippers at the event?

I mean, she really did enjoy them!  And really who wouldn’t enjoy Michael bopping around awkwardly.

Aww.  I’m gonna miss Pip.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess the new narrative is that Joss didn't cheat on Cam, that she broke up with him before she and Dex started boinking. K, cool cool cool cooool.

Cam going on about if Dex hurts Joss. *heavy sigh* What in the fuck is wrong with these writers.

I don’t get why they’re going over the top to whitewash it. There was no point in having Joss cheating to begin with when she could have just dumped him once she realized she had feelings for Dex. The fallout was nonexistent aside from 1 episode with Cam and he’s already forgiven her even though she was completely unapologetic about what she did and never felt guilty. She’s not going to tell anyone including her best friend because she doesn’t want to look bad.
It’s just like Michael/Willow sleeping together behind Chase’s back. If you aren’t going to do the fallout of the story and let characters get called out because they’re the golden children, just don’t do it. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, rur said:

I never really liked Milo, and I don't think of him as a legacy character or even a fan favorite, so there's no need to bring him back. 

Milo was Pip's boyfriend at one time so I wonder if that has something to do with the reveal about her death. Hopefully he refuses to take his clothes off  and does a tasteful salute out of respect.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Victor: I've spent a large part of my life trying to make this world a better place." Me:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  And stupid Spencer is buying it.

I don't care how many years Epiphany was a Supernurse, there is no way she's getting into Johns Hopkins medical school without a serious research C.V. Pick another school, show.

Laura: "My newest grandson." That led to me think about what grandsons she already has: Spencer, Cameron (non-biological), Jake (non-biological), Aiden, Rocco, and now Ace. One grand daugher, Charlotte.

Joss guilting Sonny for the dangers of mob life while sleeping with his protege.  Telling  Cameron "I couldn't sleep with someone else so soon after breaking up with you if it wasn't serious" ignoring that she slept with Dex before she broke up with Cam. Keep it hypocritical, Carly Jr.

1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

They can try that one out as hard as they want, but, nope. You can't get to him face-to-face, little girl, text, phone, Dear John letter, or, better yet, keep your pants on till you can see Cameron face-to-face.

Although it shocks oldersters like me, apparently breaking up by text is acceptable for people of Joss' age. I guess she was too busy sexing up Dex to reach for her phone.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Selena is so much better as a mobster than Sonny is.

The thinly veiled contempt in her voice was wonderful.

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Like her mother, Joss is a fragile special flower and must be protected by the men who love her.

17 hours ago, Jenxee said:

The story could be interesting if they did discover that racism was a factor although if it were racism I’d suspect Marshall would’ve been diagnosed with antisocial personality d/o rather than a psychotic d/o, something to justify putting him in jail, like a career criminal.

This metaanalysis looked at rates from 1989 to 2001 and found that African Americans were 3 to 4 time more liked to be diagnosed with schizophrenia as Whites/Europeans because of clinical bias and sociological factors such as lack of access to healthcare,  A personality disorder diagnosis wouldn't get Marshall incarcerated while a psychosis one might.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m not understanding why Laura is letting Spencer stay her. He’s openly hostile towards Esme and seems to go out of his way to antagonize her. I don’t blame him for hating her but dude should not be living under the same roof with her and it just makes Laura look ridiculous. This is one of the versions of Laura I can’t stand…hand wringing with disappointed face. Get Spencer a room at the metrocourt and be done with it. 

UGH.

52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I’d liken it to my breast biopsy! Which was nowhere near discomfort as I could feel the hot needle poking despite the lidocaine!

• Hugs 3

Today, I switched it up by watching the last 10 min of the show. (Not on purpose, got caught up watching USA/Canada events.)

Happy to see stylists are working on dressing Genie up differently - a miss today (the necklace looked like it was chocking her and the pattern of her cardigan/top was not flattering), but I still appreciate the effort.

Best performances from Ms. Wu not letting Sonny’s threats phase her and her tall and handsome security guy who gave Dex the “go ahead punk, make my day” look. 🤣

Can’t wait for the Cam / Esmé scenes next week!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

It seems like NAC is widely considered "the most likely to...".  And I hope he does!  But I do think other GH young actors are slept on a bit.  I wouldn't be shocked if Avery or Eden hit it on streaming or primetime either.  Or Tabby, and I will be surprised NOT to see Sydney somewhere again.  William is apparently pursuing music, and who  knows where that will lead him.  I really am impressed with the casting for the younger set.  I think we are very lucky there.  I would not be at all surprised if any one of them hit it big off of GH.  And maybe more than one will.  I root for them.  I was just reading the other day that Chadwick Boseman took over for Michael B Jordan in a role on All My Children.  Or, vs vsa?  Anyway, who could have predicted two absolute superstars would come off of the same soap having played the same role!  

The other way around. Chadwick was fired after a week because he didn’t like the stereotyping of the storyline with the mother being a drug addict and then Michael stepped in. Not just those two became stars in that storyline, there was also Amanda Seyfried. I forget what other young actors were in that group

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Today, I switched it up by watching the last 10 min of the show. (Not on purpose, got caught up watching USA/Canada events.)

Happy to see stylists are working on dressing Genie up differently - a miss today (the necklace looked like it was chocking her and the pattern of her cardigan/top was not flattering), but I still appreciate the effort.

Best performances from Ms. Wu not letting Sonny’s threats phase her and her tall and handsome security guy who gave Dex the “go ahead punk, make my day” look. 🤣

Can’t wait for the Cam / Esmé scenes next week!

Man, Miss Wu is so smooth. And Sonny keeps trying to intimidate with his whispered threats but she just remains calm and smooth

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The other way around. Chadwick was fired after a week because he didn’t like the stereotyping of the storyline with the mother being a drug addict and then Michael stepped in. Not just those two became stars in that storyline, there was also Amanda Seyfried. I forget what other young actors were in that group

Oh wow that is so interesting!  I didn't know.  I can see that though.  God he was so talented.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Joss sees Cam's grandmother on her way to Cam's going away party and makes their entire interaction all about herself.  Oh, boohoo, I don't think Cam worships the ground I walk on anymore.  Shut up, you friggin' Carly.

The Giant Baby was adorable today.  Literally stole the show! 

Very curious to see the Esme/Cam scenes on Monday. 

• Like 10
28 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Why, oh, why does the show tease us with Esme and Cam when we know there is no hope!?

I know.  Bummer!

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss sees Cam's grandmother on her way to Cam's going away party and makes their entire interaction all about herself.  Oh, boohoo, I don't think Cam worships the ground I walk on anymore.  Shut up, you friggin' Carly.

Very curious to see the Esme/Cam scenes on Monday. 

That baby is too cute!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The show used Cameron to whitewash Franco and now they're trying use him to do the same with the Dumpster Twins. 

If there must be babies on this show, at least they are cute. If Spencer hadn't inherited Courtney's brains, he'd have figured out by now that being nice to Esme is more likely to get him what he wants instead of insulting her and threatening to steal her baby all the time.  Let Victor be the bad guy.

Dex just looks like a confused ferret all the time who is about to shit his pants when he's not whispering sweet nothings in Joss' ear and listening to his words echoing back at him.

Selina was wearing a very good coat. I covet that coat.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

He’s at the age where he should try to do more and is stronger than most of the younger cast. The problem is once you stay in daytime for too long, your prospects dry up. However, there’s a lot of people who seemed really strong in daytime, tried to pursue PT or nice careers and failed so you never know. Some of the ones who became big weren’t the ones I would have guessed watching them on soaps

That's true. Weirdly, in most cases I recall in which fans were sure a young soap actor was going to go on to a huge career in movies or prime time, it didn't happen or hasn't yet. The most favorable outcomes I can think of in those cases are DOOL's Jensen Ackles (who went on to Supernatural, which ran forever) and Jonathan Jackson (supporting youth parts in big movies like The Deep End of the Ocean and Insomnia, a prime-time series, but he's arguably still best known for playing Lucky). 

NAC reminds me a little of Paul Anthony Stewart on Guiding Light 25 years ago. Stewart was older at the time (playing younger), but there was a lot of excitement about him, and he had a similar onscreen intensity. Like NAC, he was playing the troubled heir apparent of a dangerous family. He was paired with a younger costar who was a shakier actor, and they became a popular couple largely on his strength. But the response to him didn't lead to a lot of movie and TV parts, and he stayed with GL until a few years before the lights went off, no pun intended. Since then, most of his work has been on the stage. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

That's true. Weirdly, in most cases I recall in which fans were sure a young soap actor was going to go on to a huge career in movies or prime time, it didn't happen or hasn't yet. The most favorable outcomes I can think of in those cases are DOOL's Jensen Ackles (who went on to Supernatural, which ran forever) and Jonathan Jackson (supporting youth parts in big movies like The Deep End of the Ocean and Insomnia, a prime-time series, but he's arguably still best known for playing Lucky). 

NAC reminds me a little of Paul Anthony Stewart on Guiding Light 25 years ago. Stewart was older at the time (playing younger), but there was a lot of excitement about him, and he had a similar onscreen intensity. Like NAC, he was playing the troubled heir apparent of a dangerous family. He was paired with a younger costar who was a shakier actor, and they became a popular couple largely on his strength. But the response to him didn't lead to a lot of movie and TV parts, and he stayed with GL until a few years before the lights went off, no pun intended. Since then, most of his work has been on the stage. 

I would disagree with this assessment. Danny and Michelle became a popular couple because of the insane chemistry between PAS and Joie Lenz (she goes by Bethany Joy Lenz now and is best known for her work on One Tree Hill). Lenz got much acclaim as Young Reva in a flashback ep and was brought back as a recast Michelle, and received kudos in that role as well replacing the much maligned Rebecca Budig. PAS' role was short-term, but the chemistry was so good with Lenz, and, yes, he was so good.

I would liken PAS to MB/Sonny, or Chad Brannon/Zander, or even TG/Luke. It's much more similar to either of those situations.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

offscreen

If only Esme would have told them both to go to hell.

But then again, I think she's faking amnesia.

Esme can go ahead and go first. Her little pity party about no one forgiving her for her heinous crimes (meanwhile they dropped not stayed the charges) made me throw up in my mouth a little.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Perhaps he would be less openly hostile if Laura hadn't rolled out the welcome mat replete with milk and honey. As edgy and over the top as Spencer is being (and he was her mark and manipulated and abused by her so I don't blame him a bit) Laura has gone the complete opposite way and is acting like Esme is Lulu or something. It's insane.

I understand courteousness for the sake of baby Damien but this is over the top. Esme is a criminal with or without her memory, she doesn't deserve Cameron and she certainly doesn't deserve Laura fawning all over her. And I don't mind saying  her whining about Victor reminded me of when she fake-cried to Nikolas about Sonny when he was finally trying to use his powers for good to get her to fess up about framing Trina. I'm not buying it, she's a wretch and I cannot stand her. I'd love it if she'd take this oversized baby who I don't believe to be a Cassadine, and skipped town like a stone.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

There was another factor involved in PAS's lack of success outside of soaps. He was pretty open about his sexuality in a time when that would still keep casting directors and agents from booking folks.

Joss is still a total nightmare of a character.  If they leaned into her edge and mini-Carly attitude she could be a fun antagonist or diva character. But this glittery hoo-hah nonsense is so off putting.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

If this show can use realistic information suck as New York law allowing a baby to be with its mother for the first 18 months, then the idiot writers should also know that if someone signs an NDA to cover a crime, then that NDA is illegal. Brookie can talk about what Linc did.

This FAKAKTA show!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

I would disagree with this assessment. [...] I would liken PAS to MB/Sonny, or Chad Brannon/Zander, or even TG/Luke. It's much more similar to either of those situations.

There isn't much to disagree with, because no one is arguing that Paul Anthony Stewart was untalented. They're saying that like many talented, would-be huge young stars he never broke out into primetime vs. soaps. PAS left Loving in 1995 to pursue primetime opportunities but they didn't materialize, and that's when he ended up on GL a few years later. (Another reason PAS may not have succeeded in primetime is because of bigotry; he's gay, and his sexuality was an open secret even 25 years ago.)

Maurice and Tony both left GH to try to make it in films and primetime. Neither could, and that's why they came back (Tony very grudgingly). Same with Steve Burton, same with Roger Howarth and Michael Easton more than once. Remember Prey or VR.5? No? That's why they're still on GH. Even JJ came back on contract, and considering his career is currently relegated to a tribute singing tour of Nashville I wouldn't be surprised if he does so again. Doesn't make him untalented.

It's a crapshoot who makes it out of daytime and who doesn't regardless of talent. Nonetheless almost every young actor gives it a shot, especially now. I'll be shocked if Chavez does not leave when his contract is up, and if he does there's no guarantee he's gone for good. But we'll see what happens.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Same with Steve Burton, same with Roger Howarth and Michael Easton more than once. Remember Prey or VR.5? No?

Sadly, I do remember. I watched a lot of bad tv in my life.

Did we ever get confirmation the WL is actually leaving GH? Because I am finally getting Esme and Cam sharing a scene again.

Back to the show. Trina, they are not a family. Spencer hates Esme and Esme doesn't trust Spencer and knows he wants to steal Ace.

As per Spencer's weird lactation tea and Laura's advice regarding coffee, Esme is breast-feeding Ace. She is such a tiny thing and he is such huge, cute baby.

While I wouldn't have chosen Ace as a name, those Cassadines need to suck it up and actually refer to his name. He is not called my little brother, or my nephew or Cassadine heir.

If something  happens to Ace, Spencer will be responsible because Victor is not to be trusted with young children. While he has no idea that Laura is actively plotting to get Victor out of their lives, he has to know how much Laura hates Victor.

$80 will probably just cover a train ticket out of Port Charles.

Finally, the star of today's show was the huge, cute baby who was having a blast today smiling up a storm. So adorable.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1

Ha. remember VR.5. 

The way soaps shoot these days, I hope all the young actors are taking advantage of down time and trying other things. It may have been a secure job once upon a time but not anymore. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, jsbt said:

There isn't much to disagree with, because no one is arguing that Paul Anthony Stewart was untalented. They're saying that like many talented, would-be huge young stars he never broke out into primetime vs. soaps.

The original post said the pairing took off because of PAS' talent and referred to his much shakier younger costar. That was simply not the case, and what I was disagreeing with, not with the talent of PAS or his opportunities or lack thereof.

As for NAC, I think he's talented and charismatic, but I agree that it's a crapshoot. You just never know. 

And re: WL. Yeah, has it been confirmed that he's leaving or have we all just assumed it? I don't think I've read anything official yet. I have wanted a Cam/Esme pairing forever so I hope we're wrong and today was the start.

• Like 1

Even back in the day plenty of soap actors would do theater while they were on a soap. I know Cady McClain (Jon Lindstrom's wife!) did theater while she was on AMC. If I were a young actor on a soap, I'd want to diversify my acting credits. Soaps storylines being what they are you never know when your character is going to die or be written out.

As for WL, there's nothing on his twitter. It's possible Cam is being given the Robin treatment and will come back for spring breaks and the summer. He goes to a very expensive school and there are worst part time jobs to have as a college student than being on a soap opera. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Even back in the day plenty of soap actors would do theater while they were on a soap. I know Cady McClain (Jon Lindstrom's wife!) did theater while she was on AMC. If I were a young actor on a soap, I'd want to diversify my acting credits. Soaps storylines being what they are you never know when your character is going to die or be written out.

Actors who were in the NY based soaps would also take advantage of auditions/getting casted for shows on Broadway, or the guest appearances in Law and Order franchises.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

The original post said the pairing took off because of PAS' talent and referred to his much shakier younger costar. That was simply not the case, and what I was disagreeing with, not with the talent of PAS or his opportunities or lack thereof.

We just disagree about Lenz. I thought she was by far the weaker of the two, not outstanding for a younger daytime performer, and that PAS was doing all the heavy lifting. I even remember her having trouble keeping a straight face and staying in character in a group scene in which a bomb was going to go off and they were trying to defuse it. 

I didn't see her on One Tree Hill, so maybe she improved. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, ffwbe said:

He’s at the age where he should try to do more and is stronger than most of the younger cast. The problem is once you stay in daytime for too long, your prospects dry up. However, there’s a lot of people who seemed really strong in daytime, tried to pursue PT or nice careers and failed so you never know. Some of the ones who became big weren’t the ones I would have guessed watching them on soaps

You already have people declaring that he’s going to win an Oscar as soon as he leaves the show.  The praise for him is just over the top.  That’s why people are so sure he’s going to leave.  I don’t think that.  He has a popular character in a popular pairing with a rabid fanbase.  That popular pairing is pretty much the only reason why the show is getting buzz right now.  He’s on every day.  He’s probably treated like royalty over there.  Why would he leave that?  He’ll probably get some outs in the next contract so he can do other things.

12 hours ago, DanaK said:

Didn’t Amanda Seyfried play Michael B. Jordan’s love interest over there?  And look at them now.  She’s got an Emmy and Michael B. Jordan just directed his first movie and he’s getting all kinds of praise.  You just never know who’s going to make it big off of a soap.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Didn’t Amanda Seyfried play Michael B. Jordan’s love interest over there?  And look at them now.  She’s got an Emmy and Michael B. Jordan just directed his first movie and he’s getting all kinds of praise.  You just never know who’s going to make it big off of a soap.

Yep, the characters dated

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

As per Spencer's weird lactation tea and Laura's advice regarding coffee, Esme is breast-feeding Ace. She is such a tiny thing and he is such huge, cute baby.

It was weird because Laura also said she would go warm up a bottle. So unless Esme is also pumping???  You can also do formula but often that screws up the breastfeeding milk supply. I hate that they give a prego women the fake belly but forget about the breasts, especially if breastfeeding, you do not look like Esme does now. I am quite small and I breastfed a giant big head baby.

Also weird was Hatman complaining how long the train ride was to Baltimore. What about the worm hole? GH residents can travel to Greece faster then getting to Baltimore??

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Finally, the star of today's show was the huge, cute baby who was having a blast today smiling up a storm. So adorable.

That's for sure!! I just realized his name is Ace Prince .... 😆

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know it was just happy circumstance, but I loved it when beautiful, well-behaved baby bighead began crying when evil Victor entered the room. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

We just disagree about Lenz. I thought she was by far the weaker of the two, not outstanding for a younger daytime performer, and that PAS was doing all the heavy lifting. I even remember her having trouble keeping a straight face and staying in character in a group scene in which a bomb was going to go off and they were trying to defuse it. 

I didn't see her on One Tree Hill, so maybe she improved. 

Lenz was very young when she acted opposite PAS, around 18 maybe. She talked about that first work experience on the podcast she shares with other OTH stars, and it wasn’t necessarily comfortable for her to be doing love/sex scenes with a much older man at that age.

Looking at the GL and ATWT casts, there were so many amazingly talented actors, I still miss both shows very much.

Looking forward to Monday’s Cam/Esmé scenes.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Joss is still a total nightmare of a character.  If they leaned into her edge and mini-Carly attitude she could be a fun antagonist or diva character. But this glittery hoo-hah nonsense is so off putting.

And same goes for her mother.  Back in the day, Carly had edge and wasn't given the keys to the city every time she bulldozed her way into something.  Now the two of them--along with the other Carlys--are rewarded for bad behavior, or hell, the bad behavior isn't even seen AS bad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Perhaps he would be less openly hostile if Laura hadn't rolled out the welcome mat replete with milk and honey.

Then Spencer can go back to living with Sonny. It's not as if he (Spencer) has no other choice. He's living in someone else's house; he has to play by their rules. 

12 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Laura has gone the complete opposite way and is acting like Esme is Lulu or something. It's insane.

Why? The giant cute baby is her grandson. She doesn't want to see him suffer just because he has a nut job for a mom, an absent father, a pscyho great-uncle, and a completely unhinged half-brother. It's in everyone's interest that Esmé feels safe and secure at Laura and Kevin's.

11 hours ago, jsbt said:

Remember Prey or VR.5? No?

Yes! I remember VR.5, with Laurie Singer (!) and Easton. And interesting premise, but it was on Fox, had a bad time slot, and was expensive to produce. Fox didn't even air the entire first season.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't care how many years Epiphany was a Supernurse, there is no way she's getting into Johns Hopkins medical school without a serious research C.V. Pick another school, show.

Maybe instead of the writers having to continually either pump-up or make-disappear the shameless antics of the Carly crew, they could have devoted a plot or two involving General Hospital. How about a plot where a nurse seems to keep finding and fixing doctors' mistakes? And/or one where a nurse has a photographic mind and is brilliant but it was nearly impossible for her to become a doctor at the time due to her race and gender.  But the hospital's precedence and prominence these past decades takes a distant second place to the Sonny and Carly show. 

Disappointed with the absence of Salina's cute, really tall Asian bodyguard. sigh. 

Edited by sunnyface
carly
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

This is what the show has done to me. Or rather, the idiot “writers” have done: I’m fast forwarding all scenes except for the ones with Laura and the adorable baby that is Ace. And Robert.

Show has RUINED Anna for me.

Considering that Esmé filmed Cameron and MiniSheBeast having sex, I am NOT on board with Cameron and Esmé getting together/involved whatever. 

Taking this off my DVR queue as I head for India for two weeks starting Friday. Will be in NY for work Tuesday-Thursday so won’t be able to watch.

BARGE, ready my rooms!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I remember VR.5 and Prey! (my younger self would have watched Adam Storke read a phone book).

Maybe they should have the giant babies fight in a cage match at the Nurses Ball, grand prize could be a car since they’ll both be driving soon. Couldn’t be worse than whatever secondhand embarrassment cringe fest awaits us. Nurses Ball used to have camp and heart but it’s just been camp ever since it was brought back. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Laura has gone the complete opposite way and is acting like Esme is Lulu or something. It's insane.

I had little hope when she told Esme that Spncer has very good reasons not to trust her, only to continue coddling her. Also Spencer being annoyingly obsessed with his brother is a byproduct of the show's(& a particular audience's) baby obsession. They're just wasting him on Esme & her drama to keep him & Trina from progressing. I have little to no feelings about his poor choices & mismanagement, cos its just a way to keep him busy and make him look like a drama king/Esme look better. 

With that said, if Spencer needs to dial it back then so does Laura because so far her methods haven't proven any better as Esme was about to take her money, & her new grandson and skip town. Can't blame Spencer either, he had been left to pick up Trina and had apologized to Esme & Laura for Victor's rudeness. 

Also what is shoving Cameron & Esme together, who's been through enough thanks to Esme, supposed to do? Other than possibly ruin Cam's character & piss off Joss? Like....Joss & her Teflon coated mother have gotten on my last nerve too, but I'm afraid my standards for her comeuppance are higher than Esme. She got the ball rolling for sure. Now, the writers need to find a way to make Joss suffer consequences for being a clone of her shitty mother, that doesn't involve Esme being coated in Teflon too. 

AP is a good actress but her character is kinda meh for me. At the rate she's going, she is gonna be another Carly someday, just on the other side of the tracks.(shit maybe that's the plan 😂, fight fire with fire if so yikes....) Spencer is being made to look like an irrational jackass like Elizabeth/Monica/Robin etc.(& nowadays Nina) were made to look like whenever they spurned Carly. At least SJB & TB did more to make Carly look/feel human & fleshed out than AP is doing with Esme imo. Not to knock her talent because the writing has certainly decreased drastically in quality since TB's Carly, & im sure she's doing her best with what's she's given but still...

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 3/23/2023 at 12:36 PM, mostlylurking said:

Oh my god I can not with Alexis!  She was trying to justify her snooping by saying if she hadn’t snooped she wouldn’t have known Gregory had been fired. How about it’s none of your business?!  Just because a friend doesn’t disclose absolutely everything about themselves doesn’t mean they are a bad friend. Maybe they just have boundaries or want privacy. Nothing wrong with that.

Obviously Gregory was acting strange at the MetroCourt, and instead of being a friend Alexis accused him of being a drunk.  As for contacting his son, she should have told him she was going to do that. Like hey, I’m worried about you and if you don’t confide in your son I’m going to voice my concerns. Something to that effect.  It’s no wonder he wants nothing to do with her.

What was truly disturbing was how she kept insisting that he was drinking, even with no real evidence. Even she admitted that she didn't smell liquor on him, the bartender didn't serve him any alcohol, he seemed unsteady and "slurred" his words. Based on her own experience, she jumped to a conclusion that is exaggerated, to say the least. Then she tells him she knows he was "fired" - who told her that? No employer would say that, even if it was true. They would just say that the person doesn't work there anymore, which could mean they quit. But Alexis just figures "fired" is the answer. I would be so insulted and upset if someone did that to me. It makes me wonder how good a journalist she is, if she doesn't seek out actual facts, but jumps to conclusions.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

But Alexis just figures "fired" is the answer. I would be so insulted and upset if someone did that to me.

Even Diane told her her ~evidence was suspect, but she was set on thinking she found a fellow addict.  I don't blame Gregory for being pissed--she was so out of line. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3