Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Well, you all weren't kidding with how boring that was.  The only bright spot at the wedding was Spencer acting all schmoopy around Trina.   But, fuck Josslyn and her acting like her not approving of Spencer with Trina and Spencer's animosity towards Dex are the same thing.  Total Carly move, that's for sure.

Oh, and I also thought Sonny was very sweet and charming to Nina.  God help me.

Worst parts of the day were Portia's deer in the  headlights during her vows and then the squealing when she was going to dance with her father and Drew's game show host-esque emceeing.  Also, Dante and Sam are painful to watch try and figure out why the bar keep was lying.  Two 10-yr-olds playing Clue have better deduction skills.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Well, you all weren't kidding with how boring that was. 

Now, Cheyanne. would I lie to you about something like that? LOL I had never been so bored in my entire life. (well this week. and it's only Tuesday). 

9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But, fuck Josslyn and her acting like her not approving of Spencer with Trina and Spencer's animosity towards Dex are the same thing.  Total Carly move, that's for sure.

i choose to believe the only reason why he didn't drop a truth bomb on her like she deserved was because Trina put him on blast already. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, rur said:

I didn't follow or even pay much attention to  the Spice Girls, and I could probably come up with at least 3 of their names, especially if I'd been talking about someone who could list all of the names. Anyone even at least marginally aware of pop culture would know something about them. Writers, this is the litmus test you're having these ace detectives use? 

This stuck out to me, too. Now, granted, I was a teenager when the Spice Girls were popular, so maybe that information is just naturally ingrained in my memory, but this didn't strike me as some amazing bit of trivia - especially for someone in the UK to know.

Although, I will say that having Dante and Sam question her was marginally more interesting than the other day when they left their hotel room and then came back and were like, "Wow, that was some great detectiving we just did off screen."

This Trina paternity secret is as tiresome as Nixon Falls. Just come out with it already. I can't keep watching Portia and Jordan having the same conversation over and over again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I hope, but do not expect, that one consequence of Trina finding out about her paternity is that she has zero tolerance for Joss' cheating.

But of course, what I really hope is that the show zigs when it seems it's going to zag, and it turns out that Trina is Taggert's after all.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Jordan really should spend a little more time on the serial killer and less on Tagger & Portia's relationship. Get a life Jordan. 

Stella also has been lying about the divorce papers still. She's going to criticize others? She and Jordan both should mind their business. 

The reception was really pretty, they actually put budget in it. Much better wedding that the Quartermaine living room one will be. 

• Like 4

It may be tacky for Portia to be getting married with a WTD secret, but it's still not as tacky as that extra wearing a white dress that looked pretty bridal to the wedding! Seriously has Sonny's mafia started smuggling weed gummy bears and the wardrobe team ate them all? 

Sonny and Nina were cute (what is wrong with me???) as were Spencer and Trina (although leave Stella alone Trina! What is it with this family and their inability to take no as an answer? If Trina wanted to be a busybody she could have used those skills to spill a glass of Cabernet on the extra wearing white instead)

Shut up Joss

Ryan and Heather are fun, although I don't think I could take them every day. They're best in small doses and I like Alley Mills in the role. 

I once saw a tourist shop close to a train station in Ireland and the window display was two leprechaun mannequins wearing fright wigs and fighting with shillelaghs and even that wasn't as overdone as Maggie's accent. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

The reception was really pretty, they actually put budget in it. Much better wedding that the Quartermaine living room one will be. 

I didn't see but did they have a female singer at the reception? Because I heard three different songs that were sung and not just plain instrumental music.

12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I didn't see but did they have a female singer at the reception? Because I heard three different songs that were sung and not just plain instrumental music.

Yes there was a band, 3 people on the stage. 

• Like 1

Both the aspects of that sweet but boring wedding that people are questioning are legit and standard. It's always been in the church marriage service that, before starting, the officiant first asks the congregation whether they know any just cause why these people may not be joined together; then, second, asks the bride and groom (or nowadays any would-be spouses?) if they know anything. The old Episcopal service has good scary language about that: "I charge you both, as you shall answer to God at the dreadful Day of Judgement..." Laura was lovably informal and relaxed about that bit.

Then asking the congregation to support the vows they're witnessing is something churches have brought in in recent decades for all kinds of public avowals. We're supposed to answer "We will!" to whether we'll support these people at baptisms and church membership ceremonies as well as weddings. I take it it's an attempt to bind the congregation as a community. 

Heather is not going to be pleased when she finds out that, when they escape, Ryan wants to stop off to pick up Ava to take with.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

"Esme Prince lost her memory so she hired us to find Maggie Fitzgerald, so she could be a source of support for her because she's pregnant." why go through this huge stupid story. 

What's the point in doing that when you can make your characters look stupid and stretch something that doesn't make sense?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I know the wedding was boring, and I think we all expected the hammer to come down before they said their I do's.  But it was so beautiful and I think kind of perfect for Valentine's day.  My goodness Portia is gorgeous and what a figure!  Drew DID look and sound like a game show host, so I got a laugh too.  

And I think it does raise the drama a bit for Curtis and Trina to find out after the wedding.  Which obviously they are going to.  I am kind of looking forward to the fallout.  Mostly because I believe this drives Trina right into Spencer's arms.  So I am okay with yesterday overall. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Agreed @CeChase I don't really care much for Portia and Curtis, but I thought the wedding was beautiful, and it was so, so nice seeing a proper soap opera wedding. Everyone gathered, mostly people who made sense there at the wedding. Beautiful gowns -- yeah, I said it, I thought that everyone for the most part (looking at you, Ava! WHAT!?) looked great, including Portia's gorgeous wedding dress, beautiful vows, appropriate suspense (Will she spill?), dancing, heartfelt moments. Again, I don't care for Portia and Curtis, but at least during this episode, I actually did.

We got the obligatory other couple moments looks and stares and convo. And as an Elizabeth/Finn fan, I enjoyed anything and everything with them. I also particularly liked the touch of everyone drinking champagne, but Finn not doing so. (I assume Alexis wasn't either, but I only noticed that Finn was not when he brought Elizabeth her drink and he was drinking water w/ice.)

As for a few other things... sigh, Laura asking the crowd? One of my all-time favorite couples, Josh and Meg from As The World Turns got married in 1989 and it happened. I thought it was stupid then; I think it's stupid now.

Finally, Trina going to get Stella... I mean, Stella is insanely loyal to Curtis. Trina knows that. This "illness" came on suddenly and is very, very unlike Stella.

Trina ain't no fool. She knows that something is going on. Everyone knows that something is going on, they just ain't saying it. Stella would have to be in the hospital and on her deathbed to not be at her precious Curtis' wedding unless something else was going on. Everybody who knows her knows that. The only reason that Curtis hasn't truly sussed that out is because he's all in lalalurveland. Marshall is too busy being in awe that he's actually there watching his son getting married and trying not to freak out so he doesn't freak out. Jordan knew (duh). Portia knew (double duh). And Trina knows, she just doesn't know what is going on.

So, it's not about OHNOES! I'm gonna force Aunt Stella to bring her cooties to the party. It's what the eff is going on with Aunt Stella that's making her miss this because SOMETHING is going on! And I imagine we'll get the reveal to Trina from Stella and then the fall-out at the reception of 'Who's the daddy!'

Also, Joss sucks.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 4

I’m probably in the minority in that I hope Curtis is Trina’s dad - not because I dislike Taggart but mostly because I want there to have been a point to this dragged out story and all these confrontations and conversations we’ve witnessed for months! If GH pulls another Finn/Chase/Gregory, I will wonder why we wasted so much time on what turned out to be an inconsequential secret. Gregory and Chase were mad for two seconds and then they were all breaking bread with each other. That was boring. I was greatly disappointed in the “fallout” of that story especially since it was teased for years. 

I just need there to be some point to these stories. Stupidly, I still have a small sliver of hope that this will lead to some good reactions and some drama - something GH is sorely lacking nowadays. I watch for drama. And I know we could get the drama now with just the possibility being revealed but I see it as a cop out if they don’t proceed with  what they set up! 

Plus, Trina is 20-years old. Taggart will always be her dad. I don’t see anything changing in that relationship so that doesn’t worry me. I also hate Portia and Curtis so I need to see their worlds rocked and shattered! 🤣🤣🤣

IMO, the better story is for Curtis to be the dad. That will give all these months and setup a purpose; otherwise, I will wonder why time was even wasted on this arc. Other stories could have been told. 

• Useful 2
20 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Agreed @CeChase I don't really care much for Portia and Curtis, but I thought the wedding was beautiful, and it was so, so nice seeing a proper soap opera wedding. Everyone gathered, mostly people who made sense there at the wedding. Beautiful gowns 

I think we're on the same page (although I thought Terry was going to be a bridesmaid, too). 

Portia looked lovely in her gown. And, as someone who has spent quite a few years watching Say Yes to the Dress and critiquing the gowns and the people who wear them, I'll say that Brook Kerr has the figure to wear that dress. She looked lovely.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I’m probably in the minority in that I hope Curtis is Trina’s dad - not because I dislike Taggart but mostly because I want there to have been a point to this dragged out story and all these confrontations and conversations we’ve witnessed for months! If GH pulls another Finn/Chase/Gregory, I will wonder why we wasted so much time on what turned out to be an inconsequential secret. Gregory and Chase were mad for two seconds and then they were all breaking bread with each other. That was boring. I was greatly disappointed in the “fallout” of that story especially since it was teased for years. 

I just need there to be some point to these stories. Stupidly, I still have a small sliver of hope that this will lead to some good reactions and some drama - something GH is sorely lacking nowadays. I watch for drama. And I know we could get the drama now with just the possibility being revealed but I see it as a cop out if they don’t proceed with  what they set up! 

Plus, Trina is 20-years old. Taggart will always be her dad. I don’t see anything changing in that relationship so that doesn’t worry me. I also hate Portia and Curtis so I need to see their worlds rocked and shattered! 🤣🤣🤣

IMO, the better story is for Curtis to be the dad. That will give all these months and setup a purpose; otherwise, I will wonder why time was even wasted on this arc. Other stories could have been told. 

It does seem overdone when Trina is raised.  How is it going to make a difference?  It's one of those things that should stay secret.  It might be nice for Curtis, but for Trina it could be an extra burden, and for Marcus too.

• Like 2

I don't care. I hope this stoopid paternity reveal turns out to be just like the Gonzo/Finn/Jenny Jackie debacle.

Why?

Because Taggert deserves better. His character has also been run through the Frank-let's massacre and decimate original characters-I-didn't-create-and-brought-back machine.

One of the things I loved about Taggert was his pure and unadulterated hatred for Mooby. I don't care that he's now a changed and more gentle Mooby.

And I'll happily sit at my table for one.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Drew's game show host-esque emceeing

That was so embarrassing. They really have absolutely no idea what to do with him.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I watch for drama.

I regret to inform you that you are watching the wrong show.

If Trina is Curtis's daughter (#KeepTrinaTaggert's), we'll have a bunch of scenes with Curtis alternately beating his chest that he has a kid and wailing about all the time he missed. I don't want that to be Trina's responsibility to deal with. Hopefully (ha!) she'll say that Taggert has always and will be her dad, and Curtis is another male figure in her life, as he would be regardless of a blood tie. 

This show and its gross attachment to blood relatives. Ugh.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I'll happily sit at my table for one.

I think I’m at the table for one. 🤣 From what I see across the interwebs, most ppl agree with you and want Taggart to remain her dad. 

Honestly, if Taggart was regularly featured, I might agree with you but since he isn’t, I’m ok with making Curtis her dad. She already likes Curtis, and she’s grown so I don’t see much changing for them. The changes would be btw Trina and Portia and Portia and Curtis.

Also, I need to see Curtis and Portia devastated. I hate them. I want to see Curtis, Trina, and Taggart rage at Portia. I want Curtis to serve Portia with annulment papers or ask Laura to not even file the certificate with the court! Any subsequent puffing Curtis does about having a daughter will get the FF from me! I hate Curtis and FF/mute almost all his scenes! 🤣

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Also, I need to see Curtis and Portia devastated. I hate them. I want to see Curtis, Trina, and Taggart rage at Portia. I want Curtis to serve Portia with annulment papers or ask Laura to not even file the certificate with the court! Any subsequent puffing Curtis does about having a daughter will get the FF from me! I hate Curtis and FF/mute almost all his scenes! 🤣

I can almost guarantee you that none of this will happen.

Curtis will be pissed because Portia lied, then forgive her because she's the mother of his child. He will probably be more pissed at Jordan for keeping the secret and at Aunt Stella for not telling him because Curtis and Portia are a different version of the Carlys.

Taggert will drop out of the face of the earth, Trina will have people support her, but she'll be mad at her mother for a bit, but they have this whole mothers and daughters be BBFs thing going on. She will probably tell Curtis that she will never call him "dad."

The end.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

It does seem overdone when Trina is raised.  How is it going to make a difference?  It's one of those things that should stay secret.  It might be nice for Curtis, but for Trina it could be an extra burden, and for Marcus too.

I predict that for Trina, she’ll initially be upset but eventually it’ll go the same way as it did for TJ. She’ll gain another father but still remain close to her other family. They walked back on the irritation and anger she had with Curtis when SM was in the role so she has no reason to lash out at him. But we’ll have to hear Curtis whine about another woman being liar until the end of time. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
30 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

But we’ll have to hear Curtis whine about another woman being liar until the end of time. 

Because he's such a paragon of virtue that Curtis. Maybe people will find out all about his shady business with the mob and read him for filth.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can almost guarantee you that none of this will happen.

Curtis will be pissed because Portia lied, then forgive her because she's the mother of his child. He will probably be more pissed at Jordan for keeping the secret and at Aunt Stella for not telling him because Curtis and Portia are a different version of the Carlys.

Taggert will drop out of the face of the earth, Trina will have people support her, but she'll be mad at her mother for a bit, but they have this whole mothers and daughters be BBFs thing going on. She will probably tell Curtis that she will never call him "dad."

The end.

THIS.

This is what is going to happen. Curtis will win even more because now he has a blood child and Taggart, who is a far better person, will lose not only Portia to Curtis but his only child. 

I HATE how this show has such obvious 'cool winners' and 'people  who don't count'. Curtis is one of the blessed like the Carlys and Jason, Taggart is on the outside as is Jordan who kept work secrets from Curtis but is constantly forced to apologize for doing her job. And no matter what Curtis or Portia do, just as no matterwhat the Carlys do, the show will make them the winners.

Just now, YaddaYadda said:

Maybe people will find out all about his shady business with the mob and read him for filth.

Like Liesl and Carly in the elevator? 

The mob are the good guys.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Like Liesl and Carly in the elevator? 

So I saw those scenes and I thought there was just enough for Leisl to make her point, but without pushing things too far with Carly because she understands the influence Carly has on Willow. 

Most definitely wanted to see Leisl drag Carly all over that elevator floor, but holding back made sense.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Brook Kerr is a bit Rebecca Herbst-like in her vulnerability. So even if Portia deserves to take verbal lashings, I'm probably just going to feel bad for Portia, because she'll be playing the reactions like "Look, I know I suck, but can you ease up?"

It won't help that Curtis's smug ass is going to be one of the inquisitors. I did like Curtis once upon a time, but he's slid.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Jordan who kept work secrets from Curtis

It was more than work secrets. She never told him that TJ was kidnapped by Cyrus and that she had to do Cyrus’ bidding to keep TJ safe. Maybe if they’d worked together they could have found a way out instead of her blowing a police operation so Cyrus’ shipment got away free and clear.

• Like 2

Possible anvil drop of the day:

Sonny to Laura:  Spencer is the only thing I have left of my sister.......

Me:  Unless Dex is her son..........

I want Dex to be AJ's but being Courtney's could also work, since it would make him and Spencer related.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Watching today realizing that what’s boring is not the wedding, but the pacing. Again.

The nanny is taking forever to skip town or even leave the bar while Dante and Sam discuss not having sex ad nauseum. A whole scene of her asking the drunk guy what time the train leaves? Why?

Thinking I should start watching only the last 20-30 minutes of the show.

Hot grandpa and his son have left. 😞

“All do respect to your life experience, young man”. 🤣

I don’t see why Trina wants to take down her mom in public, it’s not as if she hates Curtis or has a conflict filked relationship with her.

On the plus side, Curtis’ dad performance was lovely and warmed my cold heart. Nina and Ava moving to the beat - I would’ve given a lot to see Nina and Ava cut a rug! 😁

Catching the bouquet? ”I’d rather crawl over broken glass.” 🤣

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Possible anvil drop of the day:

Sonny to Laura:  Spencer is the only thing I have left of my sister.......

Me:  Unless Dex is her son..........

I want Dex to be AJ's but being Courtney's could also work, since it would make him and Spencer related.  

It would be another retcon, since we saw her birth Spencer and she died shortly after from the Monkey Virus.

I know, I know! Retcon, is Frank's middle name!

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

t would be another retcon, since we saw her birth Spencer and she died shortly after from the Monkey Virus.

Dex appears older than Spencer, so it would be an easy retcon to have Courtney give birth as a teen before coming to PC in the first place.  

• Like 1

I may be the only one, but I didn't like the wedding dress. Maybe if it didn't have the cutouts on the bottom I'd like it. I also think the veil was unnecessary, thankfully they didn't put it over her face. I think a fancy fascinator would have been better, but that's me.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I don’t see why Trina wants to take down her mom in public, it’s not as if she hates Curtis or has a conflict filked relationship with her.

After Auntie Stella NOT saying, "It's none of your business," but talking cryptically about a secret that Curtis and Trina needed to know, I would have left thinking my mother had some terrible disease -- you know, the kind of thing that I'd want to ask her about in private. But this way, I guess a petulant Trina will bring the "drama."

• Like 3

Line of the day:

Ryan (after stabbing the guard, while Esme's eyes bug out of her head, and he leans over and says):  Hi Esme.  Road trip?  

Jon's line read on that, along with the disheveled look and the cray cray in his eyes was chef's kiss perfection.  

• Like 8
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

I may be the only one, but I didn't like the wedding dress. Maybe if it didn't have the cutouts on the bottom I'd like it. I also think the veil was unnecessary, thankfully they didn't put it over her face. I think a fancy fascinator would have been better, but that's me.

i never mind veils, it's part of being jacked up as Lori & Monty would say from say yes to the dress. LOL. but i am with you - i really didn't like the dress. (this is not to say it wasn't pretty - it was, but I just didn't LIKE it.  not my style and I am not a big plunging neckline person)..

did Trina find out? (I had to work early so i didn't watch). 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

did Trina find out? (I had to work early so i didn't watch)

Not really.  Trina asked if Stella was mad at Portia for having the affiar with Curtis twenty years ago.  That in itself should have triggered something in either Trina or Spencer's brain.  Stella told her that Portia had a secret to tell her and Curtis but not what it was.  Hopefully Trina did the math on the way back to the hall and figured it out.  

I like Brook Kerr but if I never hear her wedding squeals again, it will be too soon.  I mean it was one thing with the engagement thing, but she did it multiiple times in the past two days, with Marshall playing, with cutting the cake, with throwing the bouquet, with dancing with her dad, with dad and brother saying their goodbyes.  Oy, enough.  

• Applause 3
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Not really.  Trina asked if Stella was mad at Portia for having the affiar with Curtis twenty years ago.  That in itself should have triggered something in either Trina or Spencer's brain.  Stella told her that Portia had a secret to tell her and Curtis but not what it was.  Hopefully Trina did the math on the way back to the hall and figured it out.  

I like Brook Kerr but if I never hear her wedding squeals again, it will be too soon.  I mean it was one thing with the engagement thing, but she did it multiiple times in the past two days, with Marshall playing, with cutting the cake, with throwing the bouquet, with dancing with her dad, with dad and brother saying their goodbyes.  Oy, enough.  

thanks 

lol well, i mean, if Trina serves notice to Portia, you'll not hear her squeal for a while. lol Poor Brook. her happy-squeal tick can get tedious for sure. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

Any sign Esme is faking her amnesia?  Since she seems to have everyone snowed.

The actress is not playing it like Esme is faking.  And you know these writers are not subtle so I think they would have given us a hint by now if she was faking,, like having her call the baby belly Ace, which is what she was doing before.  I'm pretty sure she's not faking, which is the writers get out of jail free card, literally.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So the whole thing with Marshall not playing his clarinet at the wedding and the dumb drama surrounding it, wasn't he playing his clarinet in some band when he showed up and at some Christmas thing at the Nurses' Hub?

Nina's dislike for Drew? I feel you, girl.

Ava's reply to lining up and catching the bouquet? Double feel you.

Stella being all cryptic and and Trina not connecting the dots to herself being the lie. Characters are dumber than dumb.

Portia and her squeals. Brook Kerr, you're Portia Robinson, not Whitney Russell. Kindly stop with the squealing! At this point, I think it's her default setting. And it's annoying AF.

Let's give Joss something to do at this event that has nothing to do with her. 

I sort of paid attention to the reception today and the décor was practically the same as Maxie's wedding to Petah. The lighting was the main difference.

As a weddings hater, not just fictional wedding. My mom and I had a fight about the wedding dress and the veil. I didn't want a wedding, I didn't want a wedding dress, I didn't want a veil, I didn't want a venue. I wanted nothing and told her this was for her and not me. Then she cried, stopped talking to me and I relented because of my father and his stern talk. So I ended up doing all of that. I still didn't want a veil, but I ended up with one anyway. *sight*

Fake British extra who spent her whole life in the village, knows everyone, except names. Honestly, show. Oh, the barmaid's name is Margaret. That's Maggie for short, you derp!

I don't even understand why the nanny is freaking out. And who carries personal letters around in their purse? One letter, I can see. A dozen? Not so much.

Am I the only one who got pregnancy anvils for Molly? Just me? Ok!

• Like 3

The wedding cake is the rare baked good that survived a party.

Marshall was playing clarinet when he first shambled into town, so why is everyone acting as if this is some super rare occurrence?

Catching the bouquet, ugh. I always avoid that. 

I think she is absolutely faking. I also think they are struggling to find a way to redeem her and keep her around perpetually, which is not necessary. Esme and Obrecht should both be like Heather, recurring villains who go in and out. Esme can definitely keep getting story but she is not meant to last as a sympathetic romantic lead.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

(#KeepTrinaTaggert's),

Why is her name Trina Robinson?  Weren't Portia and Marcus married when she was born?  Why else would she have passed Trina off as his?  Why isn't she Trina Taggert?

• Like 3

Sonny and Ava keep having cordial, if not friendly interactions, and I like it. I think the first time I really noticed was when Ava invited him to a hypothetical divorce party a few weeks back. Ava's one liners/mood at the wedding were fun.

CM sounds like a game show host, not a best man.

I hope Stella doesn't catch heat for this. Jordan pulled her in to the secret and while sure Curtis can say she should have told him, it's really on Portia. She didn't want to involve Trina, either but Trina wouldn't leave. I guess Trina has never seen an episode of Maury that she couldn't get a clue. Spencer looked liked he figured it out at one point but the writing hasn't said so.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Why is her name Trina Robinson?  Weren't Portia and Marcus married when she was born?  Why else would she have passed Trina off as his?  Why isn't she Trina Taggert?

Taggert is a very distinct name that was connected to a beloved former character. When Trina was introduced as Joss’ BFF, the show had not yet planned to connecting her to Taggert.

Joss’ parents would have recognized the Taggert name if she would have been introduced as Trina Taggert.

That wouldn’t happen for a couple more years

• Like 3

Marshall not wanting to play, from Jan. 19th.

Curtis: Wait a minute. Trust yourself? Pop, what does that even mean? Is this about your schizophrenia, marshall? I can’t play solo. Not since my diagnosis. I’ve seen you perform solo at G.H.

Son, it’s one thing to perform for a few patients who’s just looking for someone to brighten up their day. It’s a whole ‘nother ball of wax to play at your big occasion on your wedding.

[ Sighs ] My anxiety, it acts up. But — but this isn’t a bunch of anonymous strangers. This is your family. Family and friends. Doesn’t matter. After my diagnosis, portia, I could — I could feel myself going to this scary place every time I performed solo. I’ve been afraid that this could trigger an episode. That’s why I only perform with a band now, where I can stay in the background and just do my thing from there. But didn’t you tell me that you’ve never had an episode? I’ve been fortunate. Don’t mean it ain’t never gonna happen. No, no. I’m not gonna risk it. Not on your big day. Having me play, that’s only inviting trouble. So, as much as I would like to — son, as much as I want to, I can’T. I need you to understand, son.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Taggert is a very distinct name that was connected to a beloved former character. When Trina was introduced as Joss’ BFF, the show had not yet planned to connecting her to Taggert.

Not only that, but the original Trina was Asian. 

• Like 2

I thought nothing would be more fake than Maggie's Irish accent but Mrs. "Bletchley" can't even maintain it through different lines.   I have to think that the characters on the show are so stupid because the writers think that the audience is.

Joss' dress would be nice for a prom. Not so much for a wedding.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Brook Kerr is a bit Rebecca Herbst-like in her vulnerability. So even if Portia deserves to take verbal lashings, I'm probably just going to feel bad for Portia, because she'll be playing the reactions like "Look, I know I suck, but can you ease up?"

I think that Becky can play a vulnerable adult. Portia though, although on paper a fortysomething head of internal medicine, is a girl-child. Even her wedding was the next thing to a Disney princess wedding from the dress to the squealing when she was going to dance with her father. (Seriously? Not her first wedding and a totally expected father/daughter dance.)  Compare that to Liz's last wedding, a sombre, downscale affair at the jailhouse.

I want someone to (verbally) slap her into adulthood. I'm not going to feel bad at all for the two episodes where people are down on her for a 20 year old lie that takes Taggart's daughter from him and causes Trina to re-evaluate her life.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

It was more than work secrets. She never told him that TJ was kidnapped by Cyrus and that she had to do Cyrus’ bidding to keep TJ safe.

I understand why she did that though. TJ was her son, not Curtis' and she was worried he would be killed. Curtis was no longer working for the police so she would have had to keep it hidden form him anyway.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2