Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

So that necklace made from parts of the Ice Princess, or something?

Georgie is behaving like a lot of children her age when their parents start dating someone else. On one side you have Georgie, on the other, there's Violet who adapted and accepted her father's relationship. Speaking of, why is Finn still picking up Violet. Isn't she like 8? 

Still can't stand Cody, but Georgie taking an immediate liking to it might be a hint that he's not Mac's long lost son. One can only hope. 

Sam looked really good. Dating Dante has done wonders for her wardrobe and her style. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

That's the worse news I've heard in eons. KT is clearly capable of so much more

Unless it's going to turn into a bigger role, or bounce her to another primetime show with a bigger role, I do think she was better off staying, though with a better story than this Cody garbage,  

So, Johann managed to break into super spy Anna's house, where apparently there are no security cameras and stole clothes (ok that's easy enough) and HER GUN and bullets.  So Anna has her gun lying around where anyone breaking in can find it.  Sure. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Holly's return.  I love Emma Samms so I'm happy to see her but I'm sure the writing will have her be Victor's willing minion and I'm not here for that.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Holly's return.  I love Emma Samms so I'm happy to see her but I'm sure the writing will have her be Victor's willing minion and I'm not here for that.   

In trying to be optimistic that it’ll end well. Mostly because ES seemed happy with her return and she talked about being unhappy with her returns during the Guza years and that she was misled on the story. Im holding out hope that she wouldn’t come back for a bad story this time around considering that she’s dealing with health challenges 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Im holding out hope that she wouldn’t come back for a bad story this time around considering that she’s dealing with health challenges 

That's what I want to believe as well, but since we only have Emma for a month, where do you go with a story that short where I don't think Charles S is going anywhere?  They can't drop her back into a pit and have Robert et all, 'go hmm  oh well, let's get back to where we were in Sept'.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So that necklace made from parts of the Ice Princess, or something?

idk.  Someone speculated it was Helena's.  I thought it was just supposed to be a source of conflict between Brit and Cody, because he had dollar signs in his eyes when he saw it.  Then there was the bit where he wouldn't let go of it.   Once a thief?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ciarra said:

idk.  Someone speculated it was Helena's.  I thought it was just supposed to be a source of conflict between Brit and Cody, because he had dollar signs in his eyes when he saw it.  Then there was the bit where he wouldn't let go of it.   Once a thief?

The reason I'm saying this is because the diamonds turned up yesterday and today they talked about the Ice Princess. Then Britt hired Sam to find out where they came from. It kind of seems like it's all connected.

But it's this show, these writers, Carly will eventually take over the story, especially now that she is with Drew, so I'd rather it means nothing.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Georgie is behaving like a lot of children her age when their parents start dating someone else. On one side you have Georgie, on the other, there's Violet who adapted and accepted her father's relationship.

The circumstances are very different though. Violet became attached to her aunt Liz and her sons before Liz and Finn became a couple. And Violet hasn't seen her mother in about 3 years, Liz is helping to fill the role now.

Georgie on the other hand has her father there and single even though she doesn't remember her parents ever together. And given how Spinelli behaves to Austin's face, I'm pretty sure he would be bad mouthing Austin to Georgie which is why natural consequences to Georgie should involve limiting her Star Wars time with Spinelli.

Aren't big diamonds worth more than several small ones? It would be a big monetary loss to cut up the Ice Princess into many small diamonds.

Didn't Jennifer Smith have the Ice Princess? That was long after Peter had put the ruby necklace in the safety deposit box.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The circumstances are very different though. Violet became attached to her aunt Liz and her sons before Liz and Finn became a couple. And Violet hasn't seen her mother in about 3 years, Liz is helping to fill the role now.

Finn was with Anna as well and Violet took to her. Violet never asks about her mother, but that's probably out of convenience. The day she starts asking about her, we'll know that Hayden is on her way back.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Didn't Jennifer Smith have the Ice Princess? That was long after Peter had put the ruby necklace in the safety deposit box.

It was planted there by Valentin on Victor's order. Although I don't even know why he would steal the real one from Luke/Tracy only for it to end up in WSB possession, unless it's revealed that he's still somewhat in charge over there or that it's a fake. 

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned today by Anna that they believe that Victor wants whatever remains of the Ice Princess. It's the remains that has me thinking that the necklace was cut from it.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Unless it's going to turn into a bigger role, or bounce her to another primetime show with a bigger role, I do think she was better off staying, though with a better story than this Cody garbage,  

She may be wanting to expand her resume. Soaps are not highly regarded in much of the tv world, and having experience in other roles may make her more marketable.

But it stinks that she's been stuck with Jason and Cody.

• Like 1
On 10/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

If I were Sasha, I'd try to have some financial limitations set on Gladys. Gladys has changed for the better, but I'd be wary about her thirst for money coming up.

The Carly/Drew stuff is still excruciating to watch, even if it's out of the '80s. Drew is such a doormat.

They couldn’t find a flat part of a beach in LA to use as Jax Beach? Ugh. I hate it when they pretend they’re in FL when they’re obviously not. They’d have been better off using an indoor set. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

today they talked about the Ice Princess.

Last time I saw the Ice Princess on this show, I thought it looked like a black lump.  Turd on a stick?  I didn't think it looked like anything that could be used for fine jewelry.

gh544.webp

Edited by ciarra

I'm guessing Georgie's bad attitude is her father's doing. Also, she introduced herself like a Game of Thrones Character ( Georgiana, second of her name etc). I really hope Spinelli isn't letting her watch GoT, that is not for kids. 

I'm glad Nina is peripherally involved in the Cassadine stuff through Valentin. So often on this show, once a relationship is over, it disappears. I'm glad Nina and Val's has evolved into friendship. ( And it keeps Nina from getting isolated in Sonny-land). 

• Love 9

Do we know why Victor wants Ava and Nikolas divorced?  It's getting repetitive.  

I recall because of Todd/Starr, RH was known to be good with children.  I was watching AWTW when they went out of the way to give his Paul stories with kids.  So that maybe explains the Georgie issue. 

Holly to Anna;  "What is it this time?"  LOL.  Holly has some clothes already - guess they went shopping offscreen. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I recall because of Todd/Starr, RH was known to be good with children.  I was watching AWTW when they went out of the way to give his Paul stories with kids.  So that maybe explains the Georgie issue. 

You're right about Roger having chemistry with kid.   He had a wonderful relationship with Parker on ATWT.  And once the writers finally decided to let one of Paul Ryan's kids survive after birth, Roger was always carrying that baby around in scenes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Do we know why Victor wants Ava and Nikolas divorced?  It's getting repetitive.

Ava told Nina that Victor was very nice to her at first but when he realized that she wasn't going to be manipulated, he started to try to get rid of her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Last time I saw the Ice Princess on this show, I thought it looked like a black lump.  Turd on a stick?  I didn't think it looked like anything that could be used for fine jewelry.

gh544.webp

I think that they changed it from the original one or something.

• Useful 1

Ain't nothin' wrong with an extra long twin, Trina. Also, two people can sleep in one bed without automatically having sex. I get this is a soap, but FFS. This "shock" about one bed is so dated. If you don't want to have sex, don't have it. A bed isn't the only place you can do it, btw.

I am completely uninterested in the Trina/Rory relationship.

CS's thug accent was hilariously bad. I wonder if that was intentional.

I'm curious how Nina thinks Sonny can "nail Victor to the wall without violence." Will Sonny say mean things to Victor? Mock his tailoring? (Actually, that probably would hurt Victor, lol.)

Get it, Mac and Felicia!

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

Good for Mac and Felicia. Two gorgeous people in their sixties enjoying sex.

Joss/Cameron, BL/Chase, Sonny/Nina .. don't really care. They ruined every chance of Chase/BL.

Why is Rory/Trina so bad? That "oops, there's only one bed" trope is so old.

Speaking of overdone, they need to pull back on Victor. Either he's so smart that he outwits everyone and can figure out that Nina has a relationship with Charlotte, or he's a not-so-bright moustache twirler.

Joss wears an off-the-shoulder sexy top to visit Spencer in jail. I'm sure that will fuel a lot of fantasies in sex-deprived inmates tonight.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss/Cameron, BL/Chase, Sonny/Nina .. don't really care. They ruined every chance of Chase/BL.

Carly/Drew, Anna/Valentin, Elizabeth/Finn...the writing for every couple is so, so bad. No surprise given the writing overall is dreadful.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Lol so the lead up to Chase/BL’s first time was BL contemplating ruining Chase’s chance of getting his job back and hearing him moon over her in an interview? They don’t even try to make her rootworthy 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Chase and BL's first time happens while she's lying to him. Dear BL, relationships are give and take, not just take take take take take for all time. This whole thing sucks.

I liked the grouping of Mac/Felicia/Dante/Sam/Britt. Cody not so much. Dude is like a dark cloud. Every time he opens his mouth, I roll my eyes. But I like that they allowed more interaction between characters that never or almost never get to be in scenes together. I like seeing women chatting about whatever they're chatting about without being catty or snippy. So I've liked the Sam/Britt scenes over the last two days and today's scenes with Felicia.

Mac and Felicia were by far the sexiest of the group in that montage. 

Trina/Rory need to end. But Trina will probably soldier on so that she doesn't hurt Rory's feelings while she pines away for another guy.

• Love 10

Brooklyn has zero self-awareness. She's controlling Chase's career, his diet, his free time. She's lying and sabotaging him. Then gets horny when he talks about how great she is. I guess they want us to hate her. Can't wait till Chase is free, same for Cam, same for Britt.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Again Dante more chem in 1 conversation with Britt than Carly and Drew's whole beach-a-rama.

Haha at the little fake out that Joss and Cam were about to have sex and they are just visiting Spencer.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Joss wears an off-the-shoulder sexy top to visit Spencer in jail. I

It looks like she picked it up while dumpster diving.  In general I find young women today have no concept of appropriate dressing , sue me - I am old.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Two gorgeous people in their sixties enjoying sex

Are they really in their 60's, what the heck was the pregnancy scare all about ??😆

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

Joss wears an off-the-shoulder sexy top to visit Spencer in jail. I'm sure that will fuel a lot of fantasies in sex-deprived inmates tonight.

Most prisons have dress codes for visitors, so I don't know how she got away with that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I had Arrested Development flashbacks of Lindsay visiting George Sr in prison.

• LOL 2
On 10/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, statsgirl said:

"This is what anguish and torment look like in a Brit."  I was never a Holly fan because she always seemed to sugary for me. I wish it had been Nicola Walker (Annika, Spooks, Unforgotten) delivering that line. 

Love NW, but stiff upper lip is not exactly her stock in trade. 

4 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Most prisons have dress codes for visitors, so I don't know how she got away with that.

Never mind the dress code, what's with being allowed to hold hands with a prisoner?  Joss could have been handing Spencer a weapon.  Doesn't Pentonville have those plexiglass partitions with phones?  Special privileges for Carly Junior? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Never mind the dress code, what's with being allowed to hold hands with a prisoner?  Joss could have been handing Spencer a weapon.  Doesn't Pentonville have those plexiglass partitions with phones?  Special privileges for Carly Junior? 

I guess so. I mean when Cyrus gets visitors he’s behind plexiglass. Same for Shawn when he was in prison. 

• Like 1
On 10/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, perkie1968 said:

It would explain her absence which I'm still sad about, especially since she's playing a bimbo on Station 19.  But it would also get him off my screen which would be a bonus.  

That makes me sad too but I guess playing a bimbo in prime time will get her more attention than playing an doctor on daytime.  Hopefully something better will come for it.  And yeah, if it gets Cody off my screen all the better.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

I would argue that the worst thing that ever happened to Jason was opening the door the night pregnant Carly showed up at his penthouse like a drowned rat giving him her "you have to help me" sob story.  She got her claws in that night, realized it, and dug in so deep he never really got away.  

Agreed.  Sonny gave Jason a job.  Carly took over his entire life.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

I only watch the hospital stuff and totally fwd thru anything Cassadinne stuff {OK< I like Ava}  and ANYTHING  to do with spies.

You must spend more time fast forwarding than you spend actually watching!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finally! Ned pulls out the insider trading card against Drew and Michael. If Michael thinks he won't go through with it, hopefully he has another think coming. I need Ned to start channelling Edward in ELQ.

It's hard to believe that Olivia grew up in a boisterous Italian family, she's so obsessed with everyone getting along and no disagreements.

Who knew that Britt would be the one to best stick to ethics? She should have given him a talk about boundaries too.

Why does the show need to constantly prop Carly and Joss to ridiculous levels. Bobbie tells Carly that she was wonderful to scatter Virginia's ashes when it's something nearly everyone would do. Cameron tells Joss that she's perfect, Drew tells her that she made Oscar's life worthwhile.  No wonder they're narcissistic.

"Me and Cameron are together now."  I miss when good grammar mattered.

Nice juxtaposition in the writing of Cameron telling Finn that people underestimate him and his mother because they are so nice and they're stronger than they look with Joss telling Oscar that she can't tell Cameron that she's drifting away because he can't take it.

The Heather Webber show was more Hallowe'en than soap. Darham patient?

16 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:
On 10/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, statsgirl said:

Love NW, but stiff upper lip is not exactly her stock in trade. 

But she is good at self-deprecating humour which is what I thought the line needed.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

he Heather Webber

oh was that Heather?  I thought she looked familiar and then I couldn't understand what Olivia said. I thought Olivia was having her psychic hallucinations again (was that even her or was that Lucy). I couldn't even understand what Heather was cackling about and why would Olivia be screaming her head off in a hospital?

ETA: I missed the star of the show. Did Finn show up in the morning and Joss was still there?  Dressed I hope. So are we to assume that Joss and Cam had sex?

Edited by Blackie
eta

Congrats to Mac, not just for teh sex, but finally getting a bedroom, since he's been living on the street since Scorpio residence burned down. 

If only Robert could get a house, but not to sex up Holly.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

It feels like Michael’s version of family loyalty is him being able to do whatever he wants to his relatives and expecting them not to retaliate. That’s what he’s doing with Sonny and what he expected out of Ned. He comes off a bit clueless. The Quartermaines have a history of scheming against each other. I watched Ned do that with AJ and Edward multiple times back in the 90s and vice versa so I’m not sure why Michael thinks he and Drew are so special. 

Willow’s cancer is already stage 3? I don’t get what they’re trying to tell with this story

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Let me get this straight, Elizabeth's parents have kept this house in California for all these years, and have apparently been spending time in it, and they have never bothered to fly to NY state to see their daughter OR Jeff's aging mother Audrey? In 25 years??

I can't believe they recast Heather Webber.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

It feels like Michael’s version of family loyalty is him being able to do whatever he wants to his relatives and expecting them not to retaliate.

Sonny's version of loyalty has always been one-sided, with him as the beneficiary, so this isn't surprising. Michael is awful, and all his awfulness can be traced directly to Sonny, Carly, and Jason.

Don't get me wrong, Michael is an adult ("supposedly" - Silas Clay), and is accountable for his own behavior. If he wanted to change, he could. But I think it's pretty clear that he is who those three have made of him. It's why I don't actually feel sorry for Sonny b/c Michael is being such a shit to him, even if I somewhat root for Sonny while watching their scenes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I missed the star of the show.

lol no one caught my typo. "Start of the show". I definitely don't think that a freshly laid Joss is the star of the show.

9 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I can't believe they recast Heather Webber.

So that was a recast? I thought she looked kind of familair just skinnier and with messed up hair.

What is Carly bothering to change her name, in two weeks she will marry Drew and call herself Carly Kane. (or what ever name Drew is using these days).

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • LOL 3

It would have been more dramatic to have Carly take the Spencer name if there were any other Spencers left in town.

Alley Mills as Heather.  I have to assume that the return of Heather has something to do with Jeff.  Are they going to reveal that Heather is Elizabeth's mother?

• Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I swear WK must read these posts and tell the writers! 

I, too, thought someone's reading the internetz when they finally brought up the insider trading thing, because I truly don't think they realized that's what it was when they started that storyline.

Loved the gobsmacked looks on Michael's and Drew's faces when Ned brought it up. Yeah, sure, Michael knows more about business than Ned. My Aunt Fanny.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4