Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Ava standing up to Esme and Gladys were the only good things. Britt seeing through bearded wonder gets part marks.

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Loved Trina’s dress and new make up on her

These 3 things the best part.

After all these years, and they are finally styiing Sam differently is freaking me out. Spinelli should be asking if something wrong with her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The investigation on Maggy Fitzgerald hasn't moved an inch from what Spencer told her, so that's not exactly a good look for a PI. Couldn't the writers at least have said that she thinks she found her?

Finding the right Maggy Fitzgerald in London shouldn't be easy. It's a pretty common name. Who exactly is scouring London for this person? Or is Sam using the Google once a day when she deigns to work? I'd side-eye her more if she said she'd found her.

Sam as a PI will always be a joke.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Now, Spinelli. I can't believe they built a story arc around him and this business venture.

What annoys me about this is how it's supposed to be some giant secret. Who cares? We've already guessed Spin is behind the app. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

-Is there a horse coach who stands there and ensures Moss Horse (Hoss?) listens quizzically to every conversation? Because that silky-haired pony is very attentive.

Oh shit, is it Cyrus in a horse suit?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What annoys me about this is how it's supposed to be some giant secret. Who cares? We've already guessed Spin is behind the app. 

But what is his deal with Britt. God I hope his isn't something to do with a return of Jason 🤮

• Useful 2

Oh, please let Ava figure out Spencer's plan and work with him. 

Although I'm dreading the months we'll have to endure of Esme mentioning to Nic about their one night stand.

And does ANYONE care what Spinelli is doing? 

• Like 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure Nikolas and Esme will bang again. And him asking her if she needs something from the pharmacy. Good to know that unprotected sex happened.

Hold on, hold on, HOLD ON.  Am I to understand that not did 40+ Nikolas Cassadine bang a teenager* but he didn't even bother to wrap it up? Not only should Ava drop a roof on him, that roof needs to be ON FIRE.

*No, Esme being a sociopath ordered to seduce him by daddy sociopath does not make Nik any less gross to me here.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Hold on, hold on, HOLD ON.  Am I to understand that not did 40+ Nikolas Cassadine bang a teenager* but he didn't even bother to wrap it up? Not only should Ava drop a roof on him, that roof needs to be ON FIRE.

That's what I got from him asking Esme if she needed something from the pharmacy. She said that she had already taken care of it. 

I'm assuming he was asking her if he should pick up Plan B for her without coming right out and saying the words.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Periodic watcher here {Valentine stalker]--who is Drew and why is he on the show?  I thought he {Valentine} was going for a bang-fest at Anna's  but I'm 4 days behind and maybe it's coming up-a brief visit to the barn didn't do much for me.

Dex? Rex?I have no idea who/why.  Nor do I get Spinelli problem.

Is Brad running drugs?  I Sasha still using?

Should I bother catching up?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Days that Carly knows that Nina is Willow's mother and is deliberately not saying anything: 5. (i think LOL)

Oh, honey. You’re going to wear yourself out with all that day counting. With this show’s pacing, it’s going to take months. (I predict 3)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

If this new guy, Cody, is supposed to be the new love interest for Britt, I am out. This is so badly written and badly acted that surely we cannot be expected to believe this nonsense.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

With this show’s pacing, it’s going to take months. (I predict 3)

3?  I say it has to be 6, with everyone saying 9, just to make it even.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

3?  I say it has to be 6, with everyone saying 9, just to make it even.

LOL i understand that reference ;)

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Oh, honey. You’re going to wear yourself out with all that day counting. With this show’s pacing, it’s going to take months. (I predict 3)

yeah it's gonna be a long one ;)

in regards to bearded wonder - honestly.  I personally don't find him attractive - and more importantly, I don't find him attractive for either Britt OR Brad. I don't see how even as wasted as Britt was looking at the guy and thinking "Oh yeah I want to feel that beard all over my doctor bits."  even with "Opposites Attract." this is too.... opposite for me. 

[not to mention, again i'm the one who doesn't mind most of the schmoopy, more classical soapy stuff more than most but i am kinda getting tired of the Rage Hate but OOH IM REALLY HOT FOR YOUR FORM. can't we just have two people meeet and they clearly hot for each other but can't be for other soapy reasons because they are married or something? LOL]

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

You guys, I'm bummed, I wanted to be into this Britt/Cody thing so much because I've always been #teambritt and I liked Josh Kelly on OLTL and I liked that they were bringing on someone new for her that wasn't someone else's leftover, but this isn't off to a great start - making Brad a jerk to his BFF, inserting Spinelli, etc.  Even the on-screen reunion of Kelly and Amanda Setton didn't make me giddy the way it should have.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

OMG, this Spinelli storyline is so fucking stupid.  I don't care what he wears, I don't care what business he starts with his mob money, I don't care.  Is BA under contract (god help us)?  And why won't anyone else hire him so he gets off our screens?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Count me in on not digging Cody and Britt.  I personally don't find him attractive, and even if I did, his personality already killed it. KT's overacting trying to sell this, which is bumming me out, cuz I love Britt. It's like she suddenly went to the Sasha school of crazy facial expressions. Maybe if they had tried for more of an understated, quippy Tracey/Hepburn friction, it could have been fun. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, this Spinelli storyline is so fucking stupid.  I don't care what he wears, I don't care what business he starts with his mob money, I don't care.  Is BA under contract (god help us)?  And why won't anyone else hire him so he gets off our screens?

i just don't get why is it a secret.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

who was he? was he Natalie's boyfriend on the show?

He played Cutter Wentworth.  He was brought in as part of a story with Joey, Kelly, and Joey's new girl Aubrey, then eventually got bounced over to Rex and Gigi's orbit towards the end of the ABC run.  But then, yeah, on the Prospect Park OLTL, he was paired with Natalie (which I personally dug a lot).  

Cutter was also secrectly/retcon-ily the brother of Amanda's Setton OLTL character Kimberly Andrews.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He played Cutter Wentworth.  He was brought in as part of a story with Joey, Kelly, and Joey's new girl Aubrey, then eventually got bounced over to Rex and Gigi's orbit towards the end of the ABC run.  But then, yeah, on the Prospect Park OLTL, he was paired with Natalie (which I personally dug a lot).  

Cutter was also secrectly/retcon-ily the brother of Amanda's Setton OLTL character Kimberly Andrews.

oh i don't remember that so thanks! I thought this was the guy who killed Nash - and for a moment i was like. geeze he put on weight and shrunk (either that or Natalie was actually smaller, because I know Britt is tall). 

(edited)
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

The nurses ball has become such a farce that I’m perfectly happy to never see it again. 

Oh no! Admitting that I totally love the cheesiness of the Nurse's Ball.

I think it might be fun for the cast? They are in on the fun?

Or maybe it is a giant pain in the ass for them and they hate it.

But we have so much fun snarking on it! 

And then there are moments like this...

Love MB or hate him, those dimples and that tux are damn fine with me.

And this...

Mmm hmm. Right on, Valentin. 💞

2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Love MB or hate him, those dimples and that tux are damn fine with me.

And this...

Mmm hmm. Right on, Valentin. 💞

Edited by seasons
Sorry for doubles.
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

🤔

Ugh sorry for the mess.

Good point @30 Helens.

Edited by seasons
8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't disagree with ANY of this train of thought, but Nik has always (not) thought with his mini Nik, so is this really all that shocking?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, this Spinelli storyline is so fucking stupid.  I don't care what he wears,

Too right. Hey Man-Child! 1984 called. It wants Sonny Crockett's wardrobe back. 

With the Borg gone I don't understand what BA is doing back on our screens. I'd rather watch Michael scheme with the Horse. Or Ned. Or Valentine.

Come to think of it JPS could rock a storyline where he recruits Horse to help him retain control of ELQ. Forget Dex. Horse is our Fifth Column!

Anything but Spin. Yeesh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't disagree with ANY of this train of thought, but Nik has always (not) thought with his mini Nik, so is this really all that shocking?

He’s so gross and equally stupid. It would be a fitting end to all this if Spencer ends up with a good relationship with Ava and none with his father. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, seasons said:

I think it might be fun for the cast? They are in on the fun?

Or maybe it is a giant pain in the ass for them and they hate it.

I think the cast enjoyment is directly dependent on what they have to do. If I were forced to be part of an act, I'd hate. But if I knew I could sell the act, I'd be okay with it.

1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Wonder when 'Horse' will show up in the opening credits.

That would be a very good April Fool's joke. Too bad it's June.

• LOL 2

None of the ex-OLTLers have impressed me so JK is just another one to add to the list. Also doesn’t help that his character seems like a loser who everyone is acting like is the hottest guy on the planet when I don’t see it at all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

PI Sam calling Spencer her "source" LOL How long has it been since they spoke? She hasn't gained any other leads? Too busy dress shopping?

I don't have much of an opinion on Cody yet besides the character wasn’t needed. It's pretty obvious he's for Britt but I'm not seeing the chemistry there. Maybe he’ll do something useful eventually, like break up Millow. 

Nik/Spencer/Esme WTD story incoming. And I'm not even sure that whole thing is a one off. Nik is every bit enough of a dog and a dolt to go there again, let's be real. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

PI Sam calling Spencer her "source" LOL How long has it been since they spoke? She hasn't gained any other leads? Too busy dress shopping?

Not to mention Carly being all "tell me who it is" as if she has any right to that information.

• Love 6

I think Spinelli is being secretive about the dating app because he didn’t think it would be successful if he was the face of it. However, if my theory is correct, that would make more sense for a matchmaker than a dating app. 

• Like 2

not really the best reaction for your show when you note the time and you think "well better get this over with, then." hopefully something soapy happens today

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

LOL Ryan's daydream of going feral on Mac. thank you show for that bit of soap. 

I don't really see how Piph can be a doctor. such a waste when they can make her a Nurse Practitioner. 

I don't get this stupid title 9 crap. 
Why is this guy who should be at work, at the gallery?

Nik, you is stupid, boy. 
oh wow asking for a divorce. Wouldn't it be easier to just tell her the truth?

Well... this did get spicy. Since the show is stupid and is going to make Trina Curtis's daughter now they have to worry about Trina becoming schizophrenic. (and if this was a GOOD show - they would actually do this. but yeah it's not so i don't care). 

"Are you pregnant, Felicia?"
"OH GOD, NO!" hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Finn, don't be dumbo.  like it's soo not up to you to call anyone.

Trina: I need to do this my way.
Joss: screw what you want, let's just do it my way! #freeTrina

"I can live off my trust fund, it is 10k."
"10k a year?"
"No, Cam. 10k a week." lmao - it's how NC delivered it, it killed me. 

No Carly and the Dipsticks, so that made it good too. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Again, why didn't Trina have a lawyer for PCU's evaluation? And if Trina is exonerated, can she sue PCU?

Go Ava! Use that nose to find Nik out.

And again, Spencer should not be getting $10K a week. A month if necessary. A year would be much better.

Is Nik really that stupid to divorce Ava for Esme? I don't have much faith in hin.

Is Violet going to speech therapy? It might be cute now but she'll be in trouble if she wants to lecture to a class like grandpa.

Curtis, schizophrenia normally appears in the late teens and 20s so you're pretty safe. But Portia is seriously right to worry about Trina As if she doesn't have enough problems.

If Epiphany thinks that a vector is one dimensional, she doesn't know what a vector is, and shes really going to have trouble with the MCAT much less the actual medical school examinations. Three dimensional vector space and four dimensional vector space

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I think Spinelli is being secretive about the dating app because he didn’t think it would be successful if he was the face of it.

Or he's ashamed of it. Its such a comedown from working for Sonny and Jason.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Trina: I need to do this my way.

Joss: screw what you want, let's just do it my way! #freeTrina

And then Rory virtually high fives her. Another character for Joss to roll over.

#FreeTrina  #FreeCameron

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"I can live off my trust fund, it is 10k."
"10k a year?"
"No, Cam. 10k a week." lmao - it's how NC delivered it, it killed me. 

That was funny, we seriously need a Cam and Spence show.

Laura telling Cam "you are a college freshman , you should be having fun like going camping with a couple kids and 2 old guys". 😆 Not that family camping can't be fun, but it usually doesn't follow in the sentence about what a young college guy should be doing for fun.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Since the show is stupid and is going to make Trina Curtis's daughter

*screams into the void* Can one kid have the same parents from the get-go? And we know there will be more. I can't.

Make Nik squirm, Esmé. I'm totally on board with her torturing him for being such a dumbass. He never fails to put his penis first.

Isn't Rory supposed to be on duty? Why is he commiserating with Trina and Joss at the gallery?

Watching KM kind of hurts my heart, knowing what's to come in her personal life.

• Sad 5
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nik, you is stupid, boy. 
oh wow asking for a divorce. Wouldn't it be easier to just tell her the truth?

I think he's doing that to ask her to marry him again, as a grand gesture. Because this is Nikolas and he is dumb enough to believe that he is turning the page on what he did with Esme. The reality is that grand gesture or not, Ava will shank his ass to the moon and back once she finds out what he did. 

Portia barely holding it together when Curtis told her that Marshall had schizophrenia and now I think that they designed this clunky storyline in order to out Trina's paternity. 

Ryan knowing about his daughter's sex life is creepy as fuck. Him squeezing her hand like that to hurt her is abuse and Esme is apparently smart when it comes to everyone except for her father. Esme can definitely be redeemed seeing as she's under his spell.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

So is Whitney from Passions pregnant? Because I can't see it being a big deal given that Curtis is waaaaaayyyyy past the age that schizophrenia presents itself.

No. but Trina is the perfect age for it to present itself and they've been hinting that Trina is Curtis's for some reason

• Like 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think he's doing that to ask her to marry him again, as a grand gesture. Because this is Nikolas and he is dumb enough to believe that he is turning the page on what he did with Esme. The reality is that grand gesture or not, Ava will shank his ass to the moon and back once she finds out what he did. 

Is Ava and NIk's original prenup still in place? The one where the whoever who got caught cheating first would forfeit all Nik's inheritance money? I could see this Nik thinking he could divorce her, thus avoiding the monetary penalty and then remarrying her, in the belief that he'd be in the clear -- financially --  since Esme promised she wouldn't tell, but if Ava did find out, he'd still have his money. 

• Useful 5
4 minutes ago, rur said:

Is Ava and NIk's original prenup still in place? The one where the whoever who got caught cheating first would forfeit all Nik's inheritance money? I could see this Nik thinking he could divorce her, thus avoiding the monetary penalty and then remarrying her, in the belief that he'd be in the clear -- financially --  since Esme promised she wouldn't tell, but if Ava did find out, he'd still have his money. 

I wanna say that they got rid of the prenup, but I have the memory of a 200 year old when it comes to this stuff.

• LOL 2

I think they tore up the pre-nup when they decided to make the marriage real. Bad move, Ava.

1 hour ago, ljr said:

So trina is curtis daughter? Schizophrenia starts in  a persons 20s

Late teens/early 20s so Trina is at the right age for it.

There is no genetic test for schizophrenia at the moment nor does inheriting the genes mean that you are going to get it. The thinking is that like cancer, schizophrenia is a group of diseases rather than a single one.

According to this website, the chances of inheriting it from a grandparent is 3 in 100.

https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-information/carers-hub/does-mental-illness-run-in-families/

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

No. but Trina is the perfect age for it to present itself and they've been hinting that Trina is Curtis's for some reason

Portia told Jordan last year that Trina is definitely Curtis'.  So another wrinkle is that Jordan is starting to remember that. The other OTHER wrinkle is that this Jordan is pretty stiff, so the suspense about Jordan remembering about Trina, or Stella remembering about the Jordan/Curtis divorce papers, is not that compelling.

One part of the genetic component of Marshall's illness that might bring some comfort is that it would partly explain why Curtis' brother got paranoid and violent with Shawn/Sean when they were serving overseas.    

• Useful 9