Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't know if I can handle Liz hooking up with more brothers.  She's already had both Lucky and Nicolas, and AJ, Jason, AND Drew.  She even married her own brother's brother.

They would have to be stranded somewhere for at least 6 months for it to be remotely plausible they would consider touching each other. They are both pretty people but the circumstances don't lend themselves to them thinking of each other romantically. And it would be Liz and brothers so the show wouldn't be able to resist making Liz pregnant and that whose the daddy situation would be gross as heck. And before someone says, they wouldn't do that! Let me remind you, fucking Sonny and Carly conceived a child 50 years after their first one.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

I like Britt and Brad at the outdoor cafe. (not really in season but a nice set). They order big pastries and don't eat them lol.

Anna, Felicia. and Valentine all back through the worm hole.

Valentine and Alexis were fun, when Valentine asked about the plaque and Alexis said Harmony gave it to her and Valentine asked how that happened and Alexis said probably she bought it on line (something like that ) 😄

• Love 4

Ok so I’m pretty sure tptb are going to give Willow some sort of health crisis where the truth of her maternity will be revealed.  She fainted at the hospital and today she says she’s under the weather and has a headache.  They are laying it on pretty thick.

Britt looked so pretty in the outdoor scenes (Brad didn’t look so bad himself).

YAY Valentin is finally back!

• Love 6

Ten minutes in and the white makeup at the inner corner of Britt's eyes is going to drive me crazy. Other than that, looking very good Britt.

Did Harmony go down to take the motel room key from Brendan? Won't her footprints be all over  the scene? I don't know about you but when I'm sneaking into a hotel room to steal papers, I always stop just outside the door to check that they're right. And then I take it to a very popular restaurant so someone can find it.

Valentin's relationship with Alexis is so much fun. "These are Cassadines we're talking about. They take to family like sharks take to chum." "Greater good."  "Said no Cassadine ever."  "You can't pick your family." "On the contrary, you have to."

Why is Valentine drinking the Victor kool-aid?

On 4/17/2022 at 2:02 AM, ulkis said:

fucking Sonny and Carly conceived a child 50 years after their first one.

And the only reason for Donna's existence seems to be so that Carly can keep saying that Sonny needs to Donna&Avery. Since Avery isn't her daughter, it is Donna's existence that justifies Carly repeatedly saying it.

• Love 7

Best scenes of the day were with Valentin and Alexis, hands down. The rest can be trashed as far as I'm concerned. 

Michael went to the gym. As if.

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Harmony go down to take the motel room key from Brendan? Won't her footprints be all over  the scene?

I don't know that they would even go to the cliff seeing as his body is floating in the pier. They can just say that he drowned and close the case. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

(not really in season but a nice set)

Also not in season was the background on the cliff where Harmony and Brenden were fighting.  It was very clearly a green screen, but perhaps someone in props could look at the weather in NY part of the world right now and see that bushy green trees are not here yet.  (as I sit here in my Toronto house, not far from pretend Port Charles, watching a freak (but not really freak) April blizzard happen.  

Valentin and Alexis scenes were everything today.  When he swivelled in her chair and said he'd always wanted to do that, to her welcoming him back and hugging and the cute banter between them.  Nancy and James just felt very natural and normal together.  

Also loved the look on Laura and Felicia's faces when Robert outted Anna's "relationship" with Valentin.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Ten minutes in and the white makeup at the inner corner of Britt's eyes is going to drive me crazy.

Same. The lighting is so often so bad on this show.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And the only reason for Donna's existence seems to be so that Carly can keep saying that Sonny needs to Donna&Avery.

The only reason is so Mo could honor a longtime makeup artist named Donna. I admire the sentiment, but it's a bit much. No one on the show needs a kid.

LOL at Valentine doing the dramatic chair swivel. "I've always wanted to do that." I love him and Alexis together.

I don't know why Britt doesn't tell Brad Ms. Wu is putting the screws to her. It won't surprise him, and maybe he can do something about it.

Oh, my, Hatman might have lied about witness protection. I'm shocked. 

"Mr. Sufficient"? Brad, maybe for now, but not for a lasting relationship. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No one on the show needs a kid.

LOL at Valentine doing the dramatic chair swivel. "I've always wanted to do that." I love him and Alexis together.

poor Charlotte has been shipped of to boarding school now.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why Britt doesn't tell Brad Ms. Wu is putting the screws to her.

seemed like she was going to right when Ms Wu showed up.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Valentin and Alexis scenes were everything today.  When he swivelled in her chair and said he'd always wanted to do that, to her welcoming him back and hugging and the cute banter between them.  Nancy and James just felt very natural and normal together.  

When he swiveled I was really disappointed that he didn't have a cat in his lap that he was scratching between the eyes, Dr. Claw style.

But those scenes were gold, so I have forgiven the show for not doing that.

Also, totally forgot about Alexis/Finn today. Those were good scenes as well and I don't even understand why they put the kibosh on that pairing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 10

I'm  a happy camper-Valentine is back -,le  sigh. Blue is his color..  Why was he in the "hospital" or is that code for something for some else?

What badge did Ms.. Wu flash to Brad?My glasses were still too fogged!

My guesses: Willow is pregnant and with Harmony stupidly putting that folder on another chair someone will steal i

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Willow is pregnant

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Stop it!

That couple needs another child like they need another tub of mayo.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

Marshall didn’t lie about being in witness protection. Curtis jumped to that conclusion because Marshall alluded to knowing or dealing with mob types. So there being no wit sec file is just so Curtis can be more suspicious and the viewers can roll their eyes even more…

• Love 6

Agree, Hatman said that he couldn't tell Curtis where he was and it was Curtis who jumped to witness protection. No wonder he failed as a PI.

Something I liked was Liz and Portia getting testy with each other and then working it out.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

perhaps someone in props could look at the weather in NY part of the world right now and see that bushy green trees are not here yet.  (as I sit here in my Toronto house, not far from pretend Port Charles, watching a freak (but not really freak) April blizzard happen.  

Good catch. I missed the disconnect, too busy cleaning my car windows of snow I guess.

4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Omg Anna’s doormat is the Union Jack!  I know it’s probably technically disrespectful but I loved that!

I laughed when I saw that. (I've seen a few Canadian flag ones.)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The only reason is so Mo could honor a longtime makeup artist named Donna. I admire the sentiment, but it's a bit much. No one on the show needs a kid.

And you can't kill her because of it! Ridiculous.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Blackie said:

I like Britt and Brad at the outdoor cafe. (not really in season but a nice set).

I think that's a location on the studio lot. We've seen it before. I agree it doesn't look bad, and it's nice to get a break from the same few places everyone meets. I just hope they don't go nuts with the economizing, like late-era Guiding Light

On 4/16/2022 at 8:05 AM, CeChase said:

The show is making a huge mistake with these Carly keeps confronting Sonny and whines scenes.  Stop them.   "Sonny of course the rest of the mob thinks you lost your mojo, you  didn't murder Nina!"  Oh my God.  Seriously?  This is our lead?  She is disgusting. 

It is startling to have the lead character of a show have any compunction about killing another human being for not participating in the Corinthos 'PC' group-think. No putting the toothpaste back in the tube as this Corinthos era has stained all characters/plots with its glorification of violence and lack of justice.  It seems even starker to those of us who watched this same show since the '70s.  It probably wouldn't be as much of a problem if the lead actor could read his lines (and be easier on the eyes - ymmv) and the lead actress played more than a one-note character and was on screen for less than fifty-one weeks a year.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Why was he in the "hospital" or is that code for something for some else?

He was stabbed/shot by Peter when they were in Greece and was recovering then Victor 'kidnapped' him, got him drunk and dumped him in an alley.  So he was off somewhere recuperating.  

11 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Willow is pregnant

No, she likely has some disease that requires a bone marrow transplant where they will find out that Nina is her mother.  

9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Curtis jumped to that conclusion because Marshall alluded to knowing or dealing with mob types.

Yes, but Marshall didn't deny it.  He allowed Curtis to believe what he needed to to make it ok.  

6 hours ago, DanaK said:

I thought I had a big purse, but Harmony is carrying around a ridiculously big ass purse

One needs a large purse when one needs to carry large files one stole from the person one just threw off the side of embamkment.  

There used to be a time when we used to joke that women should stay away from stairs since they kept falling down them and having miscarriages but now characters need to stay away from embrankments.  Nelle, Peter (though he survived his), now Brenden.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No, she likely has some disease that requires a bone marrow transplant where they will find out that Nina is her mother.  

Nina will get there at the 11th hour to play heroes.

I wonder if Michael & Co will sneer at her saving Willow's life or if they'll actually be grateful.

I'm expecting lines like a bit of marrow doesn't make you a mother type thing because well, they're a bunch of ingrates.

Storyline hasn't even happened, may not happen, and I'm already sharpening the knives.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Marshall didn’t lie about being in witness protection. Curtis jumped to that conclusion

I wasn’t sure if Marshall being in witness protection was fact or Curtis, so thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

wonder if Michael & Co will sneer at her saving Willow's life or if they'll actually be grateful.

Nina will still be evil incarnate, but they’ll be big enough to admit she did this one good thing.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think that's a location on the studio lot. We've seen it before.

It's the tables/area outside the dining facility.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder if Michael & Co will sneer at her saving Willow's life or if they'll actually be grateful.

Michael will bitch and moan and look generally constipated about how "I suppose now Nina will expect we owe her."  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael will bitch and moan and look generally constipated about how "I suppose now Nina will expect we owe her."  

If we're really lucky, she won't bank her bone marrow and she'll be accused of holding it hostage so that Carly can't kill her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jalyn said:

If we're really lucky, she won't bank her bone marrow and she'll be accused of holding it hostage so that Carly can't kill her.

Has Carly done anything to Nina?

I don't even think that she was demanding Sonny to kill Nina at any point before they got divorced.

• Useful 1

I thought that Carly was demanding that Nina "pay" ever since Sonny got back. But even before that she was demanding that Nina have no access to Wylie because she was Nelle's mother and therefore evil.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I never bet on a certainty. Nina will be blamed for not raising Willow. Possibly for letting poor Willow gestate with all those drugs in her system . No wonder Willow is so fragile.

1 hour ago, Jalyn said:

😄 😄😂

She's a terrible person, always trying to hurt Carly and Wylie.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Also not in season was the background on the cliff where Harmony and Brenden were fighting.  It was very clearly a green screen, but perhaps someone in props could look at the weather in NY part of the world right now and see that bushy green trees are not here yet.  (as I sit here in my Toronto house, not far from pretend Port Charles, watching a freak (but not really freak) April blizzard happen.  

Also loved the look on Laura and Felicia's faces when Robert outted Anna's "relationship" with Valentin.  

I think that’s because Nancy and James have chemistry with everything and anyone. 

• Love 5

Willow has a headache and thinks it must be related to stress about Nina. Sheesh - is everything somehow related to Nina? 

As for Harmony's purse - I had to laugh because I used to have one very similar, but in a different color. Those of us who are inclined to overpacking like big purses! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Willow has a headache and thinks it must be related to stress about Nina. Sheesh - is everything somehow related to Nina? 

I've yet to see a headache on a soap that's not either made up to get out of something or a brain tumor.  

• LOL 5
29 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I've yet to see a headache on a soap that's not either made up to get out of something or a brain tumor.  

A brain tumor might explain a lot about Willow, her wuv for Michael and her doormat attitude when it comes to him and the firm.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Joss shut up. Let someone else talk. 

Hush with your crazy talk. 

Joss really loves making scenes. They should've put a Trina cardboard cutout beside her instead of having the actress come in to say two words. 

#SaveCamandTrina

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

I didn't see the show today but read the live thread on another soap board, and I must say I am proud of Cameron for standing up to his bully of a girlfriend. Josslyn makes me sick. She is so obnoxious and annoying. I am not sure why Cameron is even w/her. 

Just b/c she hates Spencer doesn't mean Cameron has to feel the same. He is allowed to have his own opinions and thoughts, Josslyn. He's not your parrot though it's clear you would love him to be just that. I just don't see how these two will last if Cameron isn't allowed to have independent thoughts. Josslyn is way too cultish in her thinking and ways. 

Anyway, I will go back and watch b/c I want to see Cameron stand up for himself . . . . at least for a little bit! 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Cameron isn't allowed to have independent thoughts.

Cameron is on thin ice.  Joss eventually ~forgave him for daring to believe a murdering thug might've actually murdered someone, but this might put him in permanent exile.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Michael doing anything physical at the gym will never not crack me up. 

3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

He is allowed to have his own opinions and thoughts, Josslyn.

Only if he agrees with Joss.

Portia, you are borrowing trouble by worrying about how Jordan feels about Curtis.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Just b/c she hates Spencer doesn't mean Cameron has to feel the same. He is allowed to have his own opinions and thoughts, Josslyn. He's not your parrot though it's clear you would love him to be just that. I just don't see how these two will last if Cameron isn't allowed to have independent thoughts. Josslyn is way too cultish in her thinking and ways. 

In other words, she's just like her Harridan of a mother. This rotten apple didn't fall very far from the rotten tree.

I'm surprised Ms. Wu and/or the other families haven't put a hit out on the Shebeast. What with her divorcing Mooby and letting all and sundry know she is angry with him because he won't do what she wants. That she is, in fact, a loose end and a liability. 

But that won't happen because I can't have nice things.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm surprised Ms. Wu and/or the other families haven't put a hit out on the Shebeast. What with her divorcing Mooby and letting all and sundry know she is angry with him because he won't do what she wants. That she is, in fact, a loose end and a liability.

Isn't it funny how all that was just conveniently dropped?!? 😒

This show is so ridiculous in its plot point writing! 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I am not sure why Cameron is even w/her. 

Cam is with Joss because he is the only boy on the show in her age bracket. The end.

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Portia, you are borrowing trouble by worrying about how Jordan feels about Curtis.

I have to say that Portia going there bothered me. The whole non-triangle had Portia and Jordan being friendly after Curtis left Jordan and moved on with Portia was about the only good thing to come out of that dumb storyline. 

So Portia going there was pretty stupid. I'm waiting on reactions when the truth about Trina's paternity comes out in 2 years.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Something I liked was Liz and Portia getting testy with each other and then working it out.

I really liked that too. Color me shocked that the writers let two wimmins work out their differences without getting hysterical. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cameron is on thin ice.  Joss eventually ~forgave him for daring to believe a murdering thug might've actually murdered someone, but this might put him in permanent exile.

He should be so lucky!! Best thing that could happen to him! 

• Love 10

I only got home for the last few minutes but Michael disrespectfully telling the much older Hatman "That's enough of that" like a mini mob boss when Marshall is truth-telling and calling Drew out, and Joss insisting that Cameron fire Spencer because she doesn't like Spencer any more are why I can't stand either of these Carly spawn.

Although Hatman was describing Michael's upbringing. Drew was in an orphanage and later a SEAL, he had to make his own way.

56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good times, when there was a chance of a hit on Carly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Although Hatman was describing Michael's upbringing. Drew was in an orphanage and later a SEAL, he had to make his own way.

I had a reaction to Marshall reading Drew essentially for filth. Dude assumes a lot about people he doesn't know.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dude assumes a lot about people he doesn't know.  

Ugh, this is one of my most-disliked tropes. Shut up, Marshall.And with all of your lies, why do you expect people to act honorably toward you? Trust goes both ways.

• Love 3

Portia: you don't go outside the law now why is that?
Jordan: um. because everytime I did it screwed my life up, and I don't wanna lose my job, so I am going to play it straight.
Portia: NUHNUH! IT'S BECAUSE OF CURTIS!

me: or.. you know... it's because it screwed her life up all the time and she doesn't want to lose her job?

Harmony: I hope it doesn't cost me , not speaking up for Nina.
Willow: OMG! first she wants you to talk to me to change my mind, now she wants you to be a character reference, is there no depths to this woman won't sink to?
Me: well. why not talk to your boyfriend's parents and ask them about 
1: how AJ thought he fell off the wagon
2: how AJ lost custody of Michael
3: how Jax lost custody of Joss
and then wonder if Nina is really all that bad

joss needs her own space. lol

• Love 9

Joss is way over the top for sure but what does Spencer expect, he can't have it both ways. If he doesn't want his friends to know he is trying to set up Esme then of course they (meaning Joss) are going to be pissed at him. He can't hint "oh some day you will be embarrassed", that is kind of going against his plan. Either let them all in on it, or walk away everytime you see them (meaning Joss). Cam has pretty much let the cat out of the bag now.

• Love 4

Okay. first of all thank you Cam for saying what I've been saying for ages. I mean sure he got there because Spencer told him the truth and all, but i mean - as i've said. it's pretty hard to just... cut people out of your life, if they've been a really good friend (to you) more or less - regardless if they are "bad" (bad is in quotes because in this case we know). but the thing regardless of the reasons why/why not - Esme has been there for Spencer more than Joss ever has in the almost year she's been on screen. (and even if we want to play the "Spencer is a Weenie" card - fine. he can be - but it doesn't really change the fact that Joss isn't there for him at all unless he dances to her tune which to me isn't friendship).

In a way this would have been so much stronger if Cam didn't know that Spencer was playing Esme. - because quite frankly, just because you are mad at him doesn't mean your girlfriend has the right to dictate who/who can't work for her boyfriend. I was so proud of Cam of basically like "then hang out somewhere else, because this is where Spencer works." and Joss couldn't compute that fact. And again - even Trina (rightly) is all "hold up like i'm mad at him. but." but Joss is making this about her. 

then that crap of "Well all boys forgive each other, screw this." like what the hell does that even mean? then she can't be friends with Spencer at all because he hurt Trina. like that's your decision but Spencer and Cameron are related  you dipstick. 

I will say this all the time. why is Cam dating her? Why is Trina her friend? blegh. if this storyline ends up w/Cam dumping Joss - that would be great. 

but. to be nice. she looked nice in that sweater and I am still jealous of her hair. 

and as an added note. while Marshall didn't have to add the silver spoon jab to Drew. good for him for calling him out on the fake job.

• Love 6

I hope Cam really does let it out of the bag now, as Blackie mentioned. If they could be a next-generation "fab four" solving mysteries like Nicolas, Lucky, Elizabeth and Emily did back in the day, it would do my old black heart real good.

• Love 4

This is the problem with recasts and crappy writers. The previous Jordan knew how Neil died, and was the one who told Alexis it was a drug overdose (IIRC)

This actress acted like she didn't even know Alexis, let alone Neil. And the dialogue didn't help.

In other news, Joss is the worst. #freeCam 

• Love 14