Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's just boggling that they are pushing Doctor Piph, so hard to the point Portia wants to mentor her. people should be directing Piph to alternative routes. 

There's nothing wrong with being an NP. That's the direction health care is going anyway. I hope this story changes. I get Pip feels shortchanged, but she's already realizing she has to work and go to med school at the same time. It's a soap, so she'll graduate in three weeks, but I think it's a lost opportunity (one of the mottos of this fakakta show) not to make her an NP.

Edited by dubbel zout
added crucial "not"
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's nothing wrong with being an NP. That's the direction health care is going anyway. I hope this story changes. I get Pip feels shortchanged, but she's already realizing she has to work and go to med school at the same time. It's a soap, so she'll graduate in three weeks, but I think it's a lost opportunity (one of the mottos of this fakakta show) not to make her an NP.

exactly my point. like i get the "dream" and honestly i don't mind her wanting to take the MCATS just to see if she could but it sounds that Piph wants to be a doctor and all, and to be fair - she told like 3 people - but i'm surprised that Portia didn't go "hold up." (and as i said the people on twitter are like. YAH MEATIER STORY FOR HER and i am like... but it would be an equally meatier story for Pip...if she didn't become a doctor but a NP.  

• Love 6

I have no issue w/Epiphany becoming a doctor. Why not? Everyone else just falls into careers on this show so why not Piph?

I also think it would be cool for her to be an NP too. I didn't know what that was before, and GH could bring attn to that career for those like me but I'm sure GH doesn't know about NPs either!  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I have no issue w/Epiphany becoming a doctor. Why not? Everyone else just falls into careers on this show so why not Piph?

for me it's not so much her becoming a Doctor. - i don't really mind that. it's more (and i get it's the soap) just realistically becoming a doctor at her age, having to juggle a full course load and whatever. and by the time she's DONE - how much doctoring is going to do. (I mean yah it's a soap. it will be 3 weeks. but at least a little realism  is nice at times ;) ). but esp because they talked about a patient advocate with Brad  - it would be nie to have different health care professionals. 

We have 5+ Doctors
4+ nurses
0 lab techs 
and no alternative health care options. 

esp for a hospital the size of GH it would be nice to have different options - and the head butting that could occure, vs. just adding to the Doctor ranks. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but esp because they talked about a patient advocate with Brad  - it would be nie to have different health care professionals. 

We have 5+ Doctors
4+ nurses
0 lab techs 
and no alternative health care options. 

esp for a hospital the size of GH it would be nice to have different options - and the head butting that could occure, vs. just adding to the Doctor ranks. 

I hear you and couldn't agree more! I liked that Brad was a lab tech and that Willow was a teacher actually. It's nice to see different careers, and different medical careers other than doctor/nurse would be cool to see too! Sadly, GH has no imagination! 

As far as Piph is concerned - I don't think she should let her age stop her from going to medical school if that is what she really wants to do. I hear you about NPs and think that would be a good altn to discuss on the show. They could have her talking about it but decide she really wants to be a doctor b/c that's what she always wanted to be.  

• Love 2
Just now, Asp Burger said:

Huh. If Chase goes from being a cop to a singer, is he executing a reverse Frisco?

Yep.  I had the biggest crush on him back in high school.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Today's Show

Metrocourt Bar
Curtis is telling Jasonlite about getting the Cortiapad. He is afraid of the future because Hatman's past won't let him alone.

Hospital
Avery has a booboo. Sonny and Ava tell her TJ is good at Doctoring. Hatman is glaring at Sonny (he's there because he's having issues w/his meds). 

Alexis's Office
Carly is turbomouthing about what she needs to do in regards to sexytimes tape. Alexis thanks them to come (cam + liz are already there). 

CollinsPad
Nik shows up... Laura's face looks scary but i think it was just how the makeup was applied. Anyway - Laura says Spencer's room is all ready but damnit Nik, he needs  to go home to Wynderemere 

BabyJail
Spencer is beating Lackeyguard at cards. Harmony (Real Harmony) asks if he has time to spare for an inmate. Spencer turns around and it's Ryan dun dun dun!!!

credits!

BabyJail
Harmony doesn't blame Spencer for avoiding Ryan, she would if it wasn't her job. Spencer figures he's in baby jail for like 4 hrs so why not. "Why do you want to talk?" Spencer wants to know. Ryan cut eyes at Harmony. "He says you are welcome." Harmony tells him

CollinsPad
blegh blehg blah blah, close ranks protect him from victor, he needs to go home, but the liviing situation can't be like this forever. "I agree, that's why im moving out." esme appears from nowhere LOL. Laura and Nik are SHOCKED

Alexis's Office
Carly + Liz want it clear that they didn't make the video or release it. Alexis agrees and lots of "we need to frame the narrative and protect you, and we'll stop. Any questions?" Liz + Carly are all YES! WE DO! Alexis acknowledges that before she kicks them out because she needs Jam to answer her questions without them. Cam smiles at Joss, Joss looks tearyeyed. I am so over this storyline. 

Hospital
If looks could kill,Sonny would be murdered and buried in the pine barrons the way that Hatman is glaring at him

MetroBar
"are you sure you want to know?" 
"Damn? that bad?"
"Not necessarily, but you look anxious." Jasonlite says. He brings up if Alan Quartermaine stepped off the elevator right now. him being there in the near and now would be good enough for him, he wouldn't need to know ALL about Alan's faults, so maybe just take Hatman's presence as a gift.

Hospital
Ava is letting Sonny do all the Avery comforting (whatever) but honestly all Avery cares about is getting a lollipop. Sonny will get her one. "I finally figured you out. you're the kind of person who only learns his lesson the secondtime around.' growls Hatman as the two men glare at each other

Hospital
"is there a problem here?" 
"I gave you a warning at the Savoy."
"Well you got the wrong impression then, and i think we have one now."
"I saw you talkin' to TJ. He's my grandson."
"He's a doctor here. and my daughter needed his help."
"This is a hospital. IT's full of doctors. find another one. I don't want my grandson to associate with the likes of you."
Sonny gives him a lookover. "I'd be interested to see how you'd enforce that. Excuse me."  Hatman gives the chicken head  jerk and his eyes are narrowed. TJ hears all of it. 

MC Dining Room
Liz wants head on a platter. Carly will do so when they prove Esme did this. They talk about Joss, and how she's probably putting up a front. "Yeah when you are called a tramp and a slut it takes its toll." says Carly (considering how often she flung it at people LOL). Carly doesn't want this for Joss. Liz tells her that Joss will be okay She has Carly. 

Alexis's Office
Joss wants to know if we can mention Esme in this story. Alexis says no it's libellous. Lots of info dumps (they'll use pseudonyms). but it's pointed out that crappy papers will use their real names. "Why don't we just use our real names now?" asks Joss. "Why don't we not do this at all?"

Collinspad
Esme cleaned everything up and she's going. Nik tries to talk her out of it but Laura tells him to go get Spencer "Work your magic," Nik pleads as he leaves "Okay it's just us now, what's up?" asks Laura

BabyJail
The thank you was because Spencer used Ryan's name. etc. to get ahead and he didn't stop them. Nothing was accomplished, Ava and Nik are still together. But he has one friend in the world. Spencer wants to know who? "Me" Harmony intones for Ryan.

Hospital
It's just a sprain. Avery gets her lollypop. (Watermelon disgusting choice, Avery). TJ wants to know what is up w/Hatman + Sonny. Sonny has no idea. Ava says "let's go for ice cream!" "Can Mama Carly come too?" Ava is pissed. So am I

Hatman doesn't want to mess with his meds so can he sees someone else? "Someone like me?" TJ asks

MC Bar
Curtis is okay with this if it was just him. But it's not just him it's ALL the family. (but considering most of the family doesn't care it's just about you, Curtis.). So Jasonlite gives him the envelope. so. freaking tired of this 

BabyJail
Spencer says he doesn't want him as a friend. Harmony reads out that neither one of them wants Ava  with Nik, but they could still do something about it. checkmate (also this was a LOT of blinking Harmony have had to sit through lmao). Nik shows up

Collinspad
the bathroom, to Laura's amazement is indeed clean. Esme tells Laura she sounds almost disappointed. Laura confesses that Esme seemed like an easy call, bad for Spencer nothing but trouble. "And Bye bye Esme." Laura says but it didn't happen. "You wren't an easy call." "are you saying you are wrong about me?"

Alexis's Office
Jam fights about this. Basically Cam's argument is if they keep talking about it, everyone will do. Joss snaps back that it's easy for him because he's BMOC, while she's the College Slut. Alexis tells them it's their call and she'll leave them to it, but it has to be a united front. 

MC Dining Room
Liz confesses she never wanted a girl because she'd have to protect her so she wouldn't get hurt. Carly asks "Like you did." (thinking about the rape). But now that she has Violet... she wants Violet to be raised how Carly raised Joss. OH MY GOD MY BRAIN EXPLODED. can we say a big fat no?  Anyway  Carly snarks, "excuse me," "yes i paid you a compliment." "Even with out differences, you did a hell of a job raising your daughter." yes. entitled brat. good job, you. 

CollinsPad
"how about this, we say that you showed so much growth that I'll reconsider my inital evaluation?" "It's too late." Laura can't believe that this is the end for Esme and Spencer because he values her opinion and she's seen how he looks at her. "Have you seen how he looks at Trina?" Esme pouts. "Ah. now I understand." Esme tells Laura it's been like this forever.  "The guy I crossed an ocean for, the only one i cared for, likes someone else, and I'm leaving him before he and his friends leave me with nothing."

BabyJail
"are you ready to go?" Nik wants to know
"Never been readier... if that's a word," Spencer announces. Nik tells him that Laura is at home waiting for them, and Spencer asks "what about Ava" head. meet door.

Hospital
Avery hasn't hung out with "Mama carly" for a while. Sonny  tells her that "All three Parents'' (Because screw Nik, right?) love her, and he'll arrange a playdate with her + Carly. 

TJ tries to help hatman and points out that he's all on edge because of sonny. 

i am so bored.. boreeeeeeeedddddddddd

MC Dining Room
Liz says she was rooting for Trina + Cam (because she was smart). Carly goes Oh? Because Joss was too much like me. (YES!). Liz now admits that Jam is perfect and Joss is the best girl Cam could be with (Yeah until you know, Cam decides to hate mobsters and Joss wants nothing to do w/him. AGAIN). it's a lot of smoke blowing. 

OH!! my favourite Carly v Liz flashback! It's when Carly finds out about Jake, and Liz calls her the town whore and Carly smacks her. and then Liz says "Jason and I made a miracle!" and Carly claps back with "You made a baby, any bitch in heat can do that!" bwahahahahahahahhahahahaah 

anyway they are acting like friends now. whatever

Alexis's Office
Apparently the PCU newspaper wants them to talk about it. HOW IS THIS SEXYTIMES TAPE TRACKING SO MUCH. anyway Joss isn't afraid. She's all fierce after all. I love Yous are deployed. Joss wants to fight. and wants Cam  to stand with her. Alexis wants to know if there's a decision if they want to make tomorrow's paper.  

Honestly all the ways this storyline is going and they are going with this route. zzzzzzzzz

CollinsPad
Esme cries that everyone thinks she's toxic so she's leaving "I'm not going to be signing up for scapegoat duty." Laura wants to know  even if it means giving up Spencer. Esme says she's not number one in Spencer's life. Something was said that I missed  something that basically Esme should be sure that she's not #1 in Spencer's life before she leaves

BabyJail
Infodump on Avery. Spence whinges about restitution with Ava. Nik reminds Spencer that he needs allies  because he has a long road to hoe. Spencer and Ryan look at each other. and Spencer says "Let's just focus on us." 

MC Dining Room
Liz and Carly think this is karma for how they treated each other. they believe the kids will be okay. with less drama. 

Hospital
Ava wants to know about Hatman. Sonny laughs how Ava doesn't miss a beat.  It  spirals to Nina and Wiley.  but Ava is liking Nice Sonny and she wants to see it more. Sonny smiles. (it was a nice smile).

Hatman and TJ talk about Sonny. TJ says that Sonny helped him, and Hatman grimaces how Sonny must remind him of it. TJ replies it wasn't like that and Hatman hisses "not yet.  the Sonnys of the world never forget a debt that they are owed. Don't mistake his generosity for actual friendship."

MC Bar
Hatman lived in Buneos Aires. He had it under his own name. Curtis is shocked "he was in witness protection? sup with his real name?" they both come up w/the idea that you know maybe he wasn't IN witness protection (I honestly can't remember if hatman said he was or that's where Curtis got to o his own. and I DO NOT CARE)

-----

Jam told the story. "We're not hiding!" declares Joss. the detective shows up to take their statements.  Moms  smile. 

Alexis and Reporter are proud of Jam. Alexis wants to make sure they don't regret it. 

Jasonlite and Curtis are trying to figure out what's going on "What are you going to do with it?"

Hatman warns TJ to stay away from sonny and let him now if he's sniffing around. Hatman looks down at his meds. Avery runs into him and the drugs run underneath Sonny's shoe.

Harmony tears Ryan a new one about finding someone else to play verbal mind games because she has enough trouble in her own life. "Blink blink Blink." from Ryan. 

Hatman glares at Sonny and wants his drugs back. "See you soon."

the blink blinks were "I'll free you from my service the only way I know how." Harmony glares at Ryan. 

Laura "WINTER IS COMING," at Esme. Esme has no time for it. Spencer walks in and they look at each other

show ends.
this was useless. legit - just watch the sonny-hatman stuff. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i am so bored.. boreeeeeeeedddddddddd

Thanks for the write-up @Daisy!! I appreciate you taking the hit and watching the show for some of us! LOL! 

My interest in GH pretty much deflated the week before last or early last week. I haven't been watching the past few days even though I still WFH, and it doesn't seem like I'm missing too much. GH is pretty boring right now, IMO. 

ETA:  Oh, and Hatman can shut up!! TJ used to lived w/Sonny. If Hatman cared, he should have been around! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4

They’re really hammering in that Carly is the matriarch and all of the other women are her bestest girlfriends. Like she didn’t go 25 years with 1 female friend because she was completely vile towards other woman and a huge misogynist. Character growth is great but there has to be some self acknowledgement for that. 

• Love 15

On another show, whatever Hatman has against Sonny would end up bringimg Sonny down or at least in trouble. But since it's TFGH, it's pre-determined that Sonny will win.

Liz kissing Carly's butt today was nauseating.  Perfect, perfect Carly.

Carly: How can this  be happening to Josslyn?"  Me: Because Josslyn is a bitch and antagonized a crazy person.

Alexis did a very good job as editor today, from kicking out Carly and Liz (did she learn from Neil?) to getting a sensitive reporter to write the story.

If were anyone but Josslyn on the tape, I would be angry. But Josslyn is such a mini-Carly, it feels like karma.

JL does a wonderful job of looking evil as Locked-in Ryan.  Nice threat to kill Harmony too. I guess he's not worried that there is no confidentiality between a patient and a care-giver.

How is it that Avery hasn't seen a lot of Carly? Doesn't Avery still have her room at Casa Corinthos? They made such a big deal of Avery and Donna being sisters.

TJ, in case you failed your ethics exam, you can absolutely not treat your grandfather.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

As far as Piph is concerned - I don't think she should let her age stop her from going to medical school if that is what she really wants to do.

But her health issues should. She's not only in her 50's and obese, she had diabetes. She's in no shape to work the 48 hours straight that a residency requires.

Michael becoming ELQ CEO without finishing university I can handwave as his families are so besotted with him, they are delusional about him. But Pip as the stellar nurse that she is should see these problems, as well as the one that she couldn't work as a nurse while attending med school fulltime.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I'm pretty sure Harmony needs to report Ryan if she thinks he's cooking up some illegal plot.

Michael and Spencer need to get together so they can whine about their nemeses.

How loyal was Joss to Cam when he dared to think that Jason killed Franco? Not very loyal at all.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But her health issues should. She's not only in her 50's and obese, she had diabetes. She's in no shape to work the 48 hours straight that a residency requires.

but.. i mean.. i have to imagine there are diabetic doctors. (or obese doctors). not all doctors are the picture of health, right?

Just now, dubbel zout said:

How loyal was Joss to Cam when he dared to think that Jason killed Franco? Not very loyal at all.

girl was about to ditch a 10 year friendship because Cam treated Jason the way he deserved to be treated. life of me I still don''t get how Cam wants to be with her after experiencing that. 

• Love 7

Hatman is a dick.  I don't even like Sonny, but wtf was that guy's problem.  

Also, TJ should tell his sorta grandpa that Molly, you know TJ's domestic partner?  That person?  She's Sonny's niece, and they aren't besties, but they are still family.  TJ can't exactly "stay away" from his uncle-in-law.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly is turbomouthing

Is this a new word, so perfect!

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Laura's face looks scary but i think it was just how the makeup was applied.

Her hair looked REALLY good though, did GF get extensions?

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis did a very good job as editor today, from kicking out Carly and Liz (did she learn from Neil?) to getting a sensitive reporter to write the story.

Alexis seems to be in a job that suits her.

I can't believe Laura was trying to get Esme to stay around. I can see she wouldn't want Esme going to the dark side (Victor) but she should be relieved that Esme and Spencer are breaking up or at least butt out and let Esme move on. (or at least call her bluff).

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but.. i mean.. i have to imagine there are diabetic doctors. (or obese doctors). not all doctors are the picture of health, right?

Yes, but those doctors usually do their residency when they are young, like mid to late twenties. So even if you are an obese and have diabetes, if you are under 30, your body has an easier time healing. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Yes, but those doctors usually do their residency when they are young, like mid to late twenties. So even if you are an obese and have diabetes, if you are under 30, your body has an easier time healing. 

true. sorry i'm dumb.  
shouldn't ask questions when i am tired lol that was kinda obvious lol

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Is this a new word, so perfect!

lol yes it's in my Daisy-Lexicon ;)

Yeah, med school and internship (even before residency) are pretty brutal. 

However, I don't think this is really worth sweating about. One of two things will happen: (1) Epiphany will breeze through it mostly offscreen and it will be as ridiculous as every other soap career change. One day she'll suddenly just be having a party with Finn, Liz, Britt, Amy, and lesser characters to celebrate being a doctor. Or (2) they'll totally rip off the ER story of Carol Hathaway. Epiphany will take the MCATs and get the highest scores in the history of Port Charles, Even that doctor who was critical of her yesterday will be cheering her on. Then she'll have a one-day story that will remind her that Nurses Are Irreplaceable, and we'll hear no more about Epiphany becoming a doctor.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Why is this show so hellbent on making me root for Sonny? Not only has he been a better character since he came back from NF, but he's also not throwing threat left and right and totally mellowed out. 

Douchehat clearly has an understanding problem when it comes to doctors treating patients. Avery is a little girl who injured her arm while playing. She came to the hospital with her mom and dad to get her said injury checked out. TJ happened to be the doctor available, so he was the one treating her. This isn't about Sonny, douche, this is about a child. But I can't expect that someone like that could understand seeing as he left his own sons high and dry and made them believe he was dead.

Did not care one bit for the Carly/Elizabeth scenes. I'm all for women getting along and especially not fighting about that bland blinking overbaked black t-shirt on legs, but this koombaya session is never going to last because Carly is vile and toxic, has self-awareness for 30 seconds every three months and I'm supposed to accept that she's this mother nature nurturing great character. 

I don't remember the rest of my grievances. But Happy Festivus everyone.

ETA - I remembered Ryan threatening to kill Harmony. Any chance she'll report him? I have my problems with Harmony, but I don't wanna see her getting murdered by that psycho or his psycho daughter.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Ava wants to know about Hatman. Sonny laughs how Ava doesn't miss a beat.  It  spirals to Nina and Wiley.  but Ava is liking Nice Sonny and she wants to see it more. Sonny smiles. (it was a nice smile).

Yeah, I’ll admit Sonny has been making a lot of sense lately.  Avery got hurt presumably in Ava’s care and Ava also brought up Nina and Sonny didn’t completely lose his mind.  Old Sonny would have blamed Ava and tried to block her visitation or some shit.  The bar set extremely low for him but he’s been better lately.

Hat is annoying but he hates Sonny so I’m ok with that, even though it’s going to bite him in the ass.  Sonny has been tolerable lately but he is still a murderer and a mobster.  So few people ever actually call him on that so I’ll take it.  What are the pills and why can’t anyone know??

Unless Harmony and Ryan’s communication system involves telepathy there is no way that conversation with Spencer could have happened.  Just way too detailed, but whatever.

I kind of laughed when Esme told Laura she’s probably never been second best to a man so she wouldn’t understand.  In reality, Laura always came second to Luke who didn’t think twice about gallivanting the world when domesticity became to much for him and also stepped out on her at least once.  And this was supposedly a grand love story.  Genies hair looked fab though.

The only good thing about the Liz and Carly love fest was the little flashback.  I’m a sucker for those.  But yeah, they don’t need to be enemies but these two should never be friends.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Unless Harmony and Ryan’s communication system involves telepathy there is no way that conversation with Spencer could have happened.  Just way too detailed, but whatever.

I think it was "pre-blinked" and Harmony was reading her notes.

Although the chess moves seemed to involve telepathy unless Harmony was a chess master back in her cult days

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

In reality, Laura always came second to Luke who didn’t think twice about gallivanting the world when domesticity became to much for him and also stepped out on her at least once.  And this was supposedly a grand love story.  

I thought they were going to insert some flashbacks at that point.

• Love 1

Does Ryan have something on Harmony? Why would she be helping him do serial killer things while he threatens to kill her? 

Laura’s about face on Esme is so dumb and out of character. She knows Spencer listens to Trina so if she wants someone to influence him she would be going there. But I guess she can’t wait for New Face Trina to come to town. 

• Love 3

Who the hell does Hatman think he is waltzing into GH and badgering the staff to see a doctor without an appointment or even calling first! Then he starts ordering Sonny and TJ around. What a tool. He is so damn punchable! 

So I guess Spencer is not done being stupid. When does new Trina start?

• Love 6
On 3/21/2022 at 10:40 PM, statsgirl said:

I could understand the kids at PCU talking about the sex tape (but no one else would care except the pearl-clutchers) but that kid who thought was hitting on Joss because of the tape -- what year is this? 1950?   There are enough college students having casual sex that learning that Joss was on tape with her boyfriend, even if she posted it herself, is not that big a deal.

I thought that was realistic. We are in a horrible age of incels, after all, where a woman breathes the wrong way online and she gets deluged with gross propositions and death threats. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, lala2 said:

Oops,  I crossed with others so deleting the redundancy. Instead I'll just say that I like what they're doing with Sonny's wardrobe. He looks good, and I like this mellower version, as long as it lasts.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Instead I'll just say that I like what they're doing with Sonny's wardrobe. He looks good, and I like this mellower version, as long as it lasts.

It hurts to admit that I do not disagree with you 

(not because of you, I mean, because Sonny)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

That was the shortest 30 day sentence on record.  The buildup for going to jail was longer than the sentence. 

2 hours ago, racked said:

Does Ryan have something on Harmony? Why would she be helping him do serial killer things while he threatens to kill her? 

Maybe he knows she stole/switched Nina's baby?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, racked said:

I had to watch this again because I initially thought Harmony was in cahoots with Ryan, but I admit I wasn’t fully listening. But it’s not fully clear if “helping him” meant taking care of him at the jail or helping him do nefarious things

Not sure if she's a willing acolyte or just drew the short straw. But all I can think about are the hours it must have taken for Harmony to transcribe that choose your own adventure novel, one blink at a time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I thought NuTrina was supposed to have started by now tbh. I occasionally watch the show in the background on Hulu with adblock.

I still don't understand who Harmony, Willow, Sasha, Brando, his mom, whoever else that other older woman is, etc. And I do not care! Priscilla Garita looks good though.

Oh God I forgot Valen-teeeeennnn is coming back. That may be my cue to tap back out.

Has anyone said the name "Operation Demeter" to Laura yet? Laura has enough background with Greek history (she knew Greek words in Helena's files back in 2001) and with the Cassadines at this point to start putting shit together re: that weather machine, or should IMO.

Edited by jsbt
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

I thought NuTrina was supposed to have started by now tbh.

Sydney's last day was only a week ago, so not surprised the new actress hasn't started yet.

God save me from that tongue bath Elizabeth had to give Carly.   Also, I hate this stupid sex tape story.  I think Cam had a point to lay low and let it die down, but no, let's have a giant front-page (no doubt) story about it.  I expect my next month Joss will be seen as the Princess of PC for standing up for her rights.  Good thing she's so braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart like her mother. 

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think Cam had a point to lay low and let it die down, but no, let's have a giant front-page (no doubt) story about it.  I expect my next month Joss will be seen as the Princess of PC for standing up for her rights.  Good thing she's so braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart like her mother.

I was annoyed that Cam seemed to get steamrolled. It's true that Joss would bear the brunt of misogynistic assholery from the public, but still, she wasn't the only person this happened to. Cam is a victim here as well, and no one seemed to care how he wanted to handle things.

• Love 6

Whenever nuTrina appears, how are they going to explain her extra phone?  Wouldn't it have made more sense for Esme to transfer the file to Trina's phone, rather than dropping another phone in her purse?  Or did I not see that correctly?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

That was the shortest 30 day sentence on record.  The buildup for going to jail was longer than the sentence.

He was in jail on Valentine's Day and it's the last week of March. 

That Liz/ Carly stuff was some bullsh*t. Was this some kind of consolation for LW's bf losing his job? All the women she crapped on have to tell Carly how awesome she is?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

That Liz/ Carly stuff was some bullsh*t.

Now, now! Dinna* be hiding behind characters! It's BULLSHIT!!!! Same kind of HORSESHITE that came out of Robin's mouth, when she and Patrick got remarried and both left the show. Why that harridan of a SheBeast was even ALLOWED to attend is something I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand or accept.

*In Outlander World right now.😜

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

He was in jail on Valentine's Day and it's the last week of March. 

That Liz/ Carly stuff was some bullsh*t. Was this some kind of consolation for LW's bf losing his job? All the women she crapped on have to tell Carly how awesome she is?

The inclusion of that particular flashback with the dialogue yesterday was something. Funny how they made Liz look like the instigator when the actual scene was Carly barging into Liz’s house uninvited, ordering Liz’s children out of the room so she could rail at her over the fact that Jason didn’t confide in her that he was Jake’s father. Carly was full on bunny boiler mode that entire year. 

• Love 12

Dear Curtis. Get fucked, you absolute turnip for brains hypocrite. I will look back on his scenes with Jordan and the "stuff" she did to him fondly whenever the reveal about Trina finally happens. Today's scenes were outrageous and I went from really liking Curtis to not caring whether he lives or dies. 

Esme might be "pregnant." Are we looking at a baby snatching storyline or at a fake miscarriage storyline here?

No, Michael, you don't have Paris. And go back to school. You might learn a thing or two. And if the show insists on having people speak French, then maybe help them pronounce words. It's not pronounced chocolate with a French "accent." I just can't with this.

Harmony and Alexis living together is definitely interesting and I have no idea where this storyline is headed. Is Alexis going to bat for the other team? Is Ryan going to come for both of them since they're under the same roof? 

ETA - I just read spoilers about Harmony and color me absolutely shocked.

Spoiler

Harmony’s noose tightens She gets jittery when Phyllis brings up her closeness with Nina’s mama, Madeline. Alexis has invited her to live with her but when she show a familiarity with the house, Alexis becomes suspicious. Later, Harmony has a shocking flashback.

She might actually have murdered Neil.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

The show didn't end up on a Sonny today. I'm shocked.

I thought that with Jordan returning, they might go for a Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle to liven Curtis/Portia up but wow, that was a stupid fight today on Curtis' part. Why would she be willing to risk her career so you can get instant answers? Do the work yourself.

What is Jordan talking about that Diane is gearing up for a fight but there's been no pressure from the Quartermaines or the Corinthos? It's Diane job to prepare for a fight and Robert's job to prosecute Michael.

Willow just suggested "coq au vent" ( chicken in the wind") for dinner. No sweetie, you don't speak the language. (Maybe she's thinking of the old saying (said last night on the show Pretty Hard Cases) "The fried chicken doesn't fly into your mouth.")

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

ETA - I just read spoilers about Harmony and color me absolutely shocked.

Honestly I’ve felt that they were going that route which is why I bit my tongue. I hate them making Alexis look too trusting and naive and all of the naysayers in her life to be right yet again. They love doing that with her. 

Edited by ffwbe

LOL that Willow is acting as if Michael had done hard time at Pentonville instead of spending the night in lockup at the PCPD.

Willow, your search for your birth certificate isn't the same as Michael sucker-punching a dumb reporter. Good grief, she's so under his thumb it's gross.

I guess Esmé does have to die on the hill that she didn't make the video of Cam and Joss, but no one (rightly) believes her.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The show didn't end up on a Sonny today. I'm shocked.

I'm shocked Michael and Willow didn't end up at Charlie's and see Nina and Sonny dancing. One more thing Michael can rail about.

• Love 6