Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...also, is it true that Willow has been saying things like the baby dying was Brad's fault, that the baby wouldn't have died with her, etc.?  Sure, be apocalyptic about the switch, but SIDS is nobody's fault and a soap SET IN A HOSPITAL should make sure that's clear.

She hasn't blamed Brad for SIDS; she's heartbroken over her baby's death and furious at Brad's disrespect/disregard for his short life (handing his tiny body over to psycho Nelle and the baby being purposefully wrongly identified) as well as the long cover up after she entrusted her newborn into Brad's arms. As any parent who has lost a baby would, she wonders well what if circumstances had been different. I could be wrong, but I sensed irrational guilt in Willow, basically"what if I kept you and held you (instead of Brad taking you to their home and putting you down in the crib to sleep), would you still be alive. I wanted you to have the best life, surrounded by love."

• Love 12

Little Wiley is becoming quite the little actor. By the end of the show he was practically putting his arm around Chad Duell. He’s such a cute kid and was really, really happy today. I even liked the selfie bit with Monica. Too cute.

• Love 8

I’m a couple of days behind but finally, a show and a half into the Wiley reveal, Lucas’ sister and mother show a wee bit of sympathy for him in this whole thing. Carly’s takeover of the reveal anger is just rage blackout-enducing, but I guess well in line with the character. Nice that the CEO of an international conglomerate has mommy to step in there. 

The scenes with Trina and Taggert were really good, from her joy at seeing him to giving him a bit of grief. Sydney Mikayla is enjoyable to watch, and plays well with both her peers and adult actors. 

I may have been dozing off when I saw this a week or two ago, but was there some mention of Dev indeed going off to boarding school? 

• Love 4

The scene with Elizabeth and Willow was the first time I ever really perceived Elizabeth as older and with more life experience than another female character. I never felt that way about Elizabeth/Kiki, for example. Even when she's in scenes with Lulu, and I intellectually know that Liz was in high school dealing with rape trauma while Lulu was a little girl with black hair whose brothers were teaching her to ice skate, they seem like peers.

I like it, though. She was in a weird ageless zone for a long time, and these writers have embraced the idea of her as the mother to a near-adult, someone who's had a lot of ups and downs and has some hard-won wisdom. Let her shoulder some of the "town matriarch" duties. Anything to keep Carly from horning into everything.  

I do like the chemistry between Becky and Nikolas III (or V, if we count Chris Beetem and Nick Stabile). I always enjoy Franco and Ava together, so that setup of the obvious plotting for Ava and Nikolas was my favorite part of the episode. 

Geez, Chase. Willow said she needed some space, and the very next time we saw him, he was frantically running into the hospital asking Liz if she'd seen Willow. I know he's one of the nicer people on the show, and he has the advantage of looking like Josh Swickard, but those smothering, "too much of a good thing," fix-it types can be exhausting.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Geez, Chase. Willow said she needed some space, and the very next time we saw him, he was frantically running into the hospital asking Liz if she'd seen Willow. I know he's one of the nicer people on the show, and he has the advantage of looking like Josh Swickard, but those smothering, "too much of a good thing," fix-it types can be exhausting.  

He found her hospital badge after she left home. He played the scene a bit intense which was weird, but he wasn't following her and he didn't go after her to the cemetery. It was Elizabeth who showed up instead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ah, Jason went to visit his Michael's son. Of course, Wiley is now officially ahead of Jake, Scout, and Danny in the pecking order. 

Is the Lucas actor not capable of showing grief, cuz, if he is, he is getting properly shafted in this storyline. 

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

The scene with Elizabeth and Willow was the first time I ever really perceived Elizabeth as older and with more life experience than another female character. I never felt that way about Elizabeth/Kiki, for example. Even when she's in scenes with Lulu, and I intellectually know that Liz was in high school dealing with rape trauma while Lulu was a little girl with black hair whose brothers were teaching her to ice skate, they seem like peers.

The Show did it a little bit when Sabrina was crushing on Patrick while watching him with Britt. She looked crestfallen and said something to Elizabeth like, "Do you think they're having sex?!" and Elizabeth said something like probably, why?, then realized Sabrina had a crush and tried to comfort her, like a woman trying to comfort a young girl with her first crush when the crush is seen with a girl his own age.

Kiki was Franco's only supporter other than his ex Ava and psycho Dr. O. The vast majority of their conversations were about Franco, so Kiki's life experience or Elizabeth being in a supportive older woman role weren't even part of the picture. Elizabeth has had few scenes with Lulu (since ER took over the role) that weren't about their children, and in general Lulu is so arrogant esp. about being a Spencer who can handle anything that I don't think it would ever occur to her to ask Elizabeth for advice, or lean on her for support.

• Love 2
On 2/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, ciarra said:

Interesting how Willow started screaming in a hospital, yet no one came to check on her.

Having spent some time at two different hospitals recently with my mom.   I can buy this.  It one it absolutely wouldn't have happened.  In the other?   Yeah.   No question.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want it to go on too long. I'm already finding it kind of tedious. Neither of them are getting in nearly enough cheap shots.

It cracks me up how everyone (i.e., Carly and Sonny) are acting like Michael missed years and years of Wiley. He saw him all the time! I know it's not the same as raising a kid, but Lucas and Brad were really generous giving Michael time with Wiley.

And I know that Sonny is all about vengeance and that nonsense, but really, what is the point? Brad is in jail, Lucas is shattered, Wiley is back with Michael. Take the win and leave the rest alone, Sonny. UGH.

Poor Monica, having to slobber for crumbs yet again. And wouldn't the three and four generations of Quartermaines be that much sweeter if Michael's father were still alive?

Wiley giggling was adorable, especially considering Michael was talking about him being scarred for life by this dumb story.

The Elizabeth/Willow scene was really good.

Ugh, do we really have to watch Olivia threaten Dustin? 

1. I know! And though this show is NOT subtle at all, and maybe because I continue to find Elizabeth's "love" for Franco, gross, was there a spark there between Elizabeth and Nik there at the end?
  2. That was SO RAGE INDUCING. I just can't with this Harpy. Not ONLY did she keep SLS from AJ for nearly two years, and claimed it was for his "safety", but she also helped hide Spencer's paternity from Nik. And what danger did Nik pose? And her swanning around, and snarling, basically asking Mooby to put a hit out on Nelle.
  3. Because that's typical Mooby.
  4. PREACH!!!!!!!!
  5. Regarding the bolded--Baby Wiley was THE BEST thing about yesterday, with his non stop giggling! I wonder who he sees behind the camera that's making him so happy and not even paying attention to the actors around him. 
  6. That choked me up. I really loved that scene with Willow and Elizabeth.
  7. WHY is she threatening Dustin? What has he done? Oh, wait. He DARED to get involved with Dante's EX-WIFE. Give it a rest.

Then there was Mooby talking about how SLS "finally has his son back" which made me STABBY and having a rage blackout, while screaming, yeah, like the child you STOLE form AJ? It would have been PERFECT KARMA and JUSTICE if Wiley had stayed with Lucas. IF Baby Wiley would just cry and cry and cry for Daddy, and no one, NO ONE could soothe him. And when they called Lucas, he'd be reaching for Lucas and calling him Dada, or whatever, and clinging to him.

And I also want a horsie.

My eyes 🙄🙄 so HARD when SLS said that the only person to worry about/was the most evuhlest of evuhl because she tried to take Wiley away was Nelle. Yeah, like your own harpy of a mother didn't do the SAME EXACT THING to AJ. So STFU. and take several thousand seats, whydon'tcha.

• Love 3

It amused me so much, not that it got mentioned that when Cam was all, "you know my mom?" Taggert had performed Jailhouse Rock with her and Lucky back in the day at the NB.   Such a bit of random there but I kept flashing back to it.

I like that Trina belongs to Taggert because I like Taggert and I like Trina.   She's so much more intereting than Joss.  I hope that whatever danger Taggert et al have brought to PC (which I don't care about even a little bit) might make Cam forget about Joss and realize Trina's the PC teen worth knowing. 

I feel so bad for Lucas.   I wish this story would through some reaction time his way, but nope.   The person I care about in this story is not a person the writers care about.  Which is pretty much the story of my life with this show.

Willow is hitting it out of the park and the scene with Elizabeth was nice.  Although, honestly, if I was a person whose kid was dead, dead vs soap dead all these mom's who had experienced loss and had their kids come back to life would be so rage inducing for me.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bybrandy said:

It amused me so much, not that it got mentioned that when Cam was all, "you know my mom?" Taggert had performed Jailhouse Rock with her and Lucky back in the day at the NB.   Such a bit of random there but I kept flashing back to it.

It wasn't just that. Taggert was the cop who was there when Elizabeth was raped. He was very gentle with her during the questioning. And he was also there when Lucky "died" in that fire. They have a history.

• Love 7

Hello all, newbie here.

I found Taggart sexy when he was interacting with Trina and Cam. The best scenes he has had so far. Jordan sucks the life out of everything. I really wish the show would start building up to Trina and Cam being an item. I don't know what Cam sees in Joss but he has better everything with Trina.

I have been super annoyed with everyone acting like Brad and Lucas were leaving town because of Julian. Like, what has he done that would even lead to that being a reason? Everyone in Lucas' family is in that town but they are leaving because, what? Julian faked a secret admirer for Brad 4 months ago? It was utter nonsense that makes me think the writers have something against the actor.

I hate that the new mobster is in town for Jordan and Taggart. So now once again Sonny will get to be the victim and hero. I really wish the warehouse was a setup and there were cameras so Jason could get caught and be sent to jail with no bail.

As an Ava fan I hate when she gets played and the way Nik was eyeing Liz yesterday makes me think they will eventually try the Nik/Liz/Franco triangle. I hope I am wrong and Nava fall for each other. I did enjoy the quads scenes though which surprised me because i don't like Liz or Freako.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 2

RE: Baby Wiley. Props to casting. I noticed yesterday that he strongly resembles Dylan Cash, so he truly does look like Michael did when he was young. May he cause his father as much trouble.

Now to the baby story. I hate how unimportant Lucas and Brad have been throughout this whole story. A few years ago on Days, Nicole stole Sami's baby. It was wrong but they made Nicole sympathetic and we got to see scenes of her loving the baby. We never got that with Brad and Wiley or even Lucas and Wiley. They were never anything more than props in this story about getting the Corinthii clan another baby. Wiley might as well have been Willow and Michaels baby because they felt like the important characters, right behind Carly of course. Lucas' only job was to blurt out the truth them Carly got to take it from there.

Does Donna ever need Carly the way she thinks Michael does?

Another reason the revel didn't work for me is they tried to act like Michael had been kept from Wiley but he has been front and center the entire time. This was highlighted yesterday by Monica not even being surprised that once again Michael had this baby. Even when Lucas woke up Michael quickly came to take Wiley with him instead of letting Lucas spend time with the kid he hasn't seen in months.

I have never liked how involved they let Willow be in Wileys life but I felt bad for her. But I wish that yesterdays mourning was for Lucas. The show has already cast him aside with the excuse that he wants to be left alone. As if that would stop Carly. But that is what happens when you are not important.

I don't understand why they show thinks Carly basically calling Micheal a spinless wimp is a good thing. Once again she wants Sonny to put a hit out on someone but acts like she is better than the Jeromes. Also disgusted that she came in wanting to chit chat with Jason about blowing up the drug warehouse that that is something to be proud of.

I did laugh when Monica basically had no reaction to Michael being a father. She was like, "Wiley is always here anyways". I pretended that this was a different show and Michael and Jason were different characters during the picture scenes and that made them very enjoyable.

I hope Willow moves on and does not try to be in Wiley/Jonahs life.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Taggert was the cop who was there when Elizabeth was raped. He was very gentle with her during the questioning. And he was also there when Lucky "died" in that fire. They have a history.

Have Taggert and Elizabeth seen each other since he returned? If not, I'd love for them to have a warm embrace. He helped her through two of the worst times of her life in a very caring, thoughtful manner. The scenes they had in both of those situations were so good, if heartwrenching.

3 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I hope Willow moves on and does not try to be in Wiley/Jonahs life.

I hope she is in Wiley's life, though in a more casual manner. Just because he's not her son doesn't mean they don't have a relationship. But it should be dialed back, definitely.

The show had better not have her kidnap him or something. You know how the wimmins are with baby grief. 

• Love 6

Almost forgot, When Micheal and Sasha first came to the going away party they said something about Wiley jumping in the rain puddles and Carly said Michael always loved the puddles. I laughed because it reminded me how they used to talk about Morgans love of Penguins. Also, puddles aren't special to Michael and Wiley. Most kids love them but I guess that was more proof they are father and son.

Also when Sonny said Michael was going to be a changed man now that he is a father I couldn't help but wonder in what way? The show has him almost perfect as is, so what more could they do? Is he going to join the mob again? lol

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Ah, Jason went to visit his Michael's son. Of course, Wiley is now officially ahead of Jake, Scout, and Danny in the pecking order. 

But behind Sonny, Carly, Michael, and Sam on every other Tuesday.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Have Taggert and Elizabeth seen each other since he returned? If not, I'd love for them to have a warm embrace. He helped her through two of the worst times of her life in a very caring, thoughtful manner. The scenes they had in both of those situations were so good, if heartwrenching.

Not yet. I'm hoping for it to happen soon! I posted how that should be next after Taggert met Cam last week. And I don't want them to act as if they are perfect strangers, like they did with Taggert and Laura. 

Yes. I remember thinking, wow, this hardass Taggert can also be compassionate and gentle when the situation calls for it.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Sam a priority for Jason? He's so passive with her. I suppose some of it can be chalked up to not wanting to endanger her parole (ha!), but I've always felt the women do the heavy lifting in their relationship with Jason.

She now falls somewhere after Wiley BUT before Monica so that should count for something.

• LOL 4
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Sam a priority for Jason? He's so passive with her. I suppose some of it can be chalked up to not wanting to endanger her parole (ha!), but I've always felt the women do the heavy lifting in their relationship with Jason.

Has Sam ever really been a priority for Jason?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
  1. but she also helped hide Spencer's paternity from Nik. And what danger did Nik pose?

My eyes 🙄🙄 so HARD when SLS said that the only person to worry about/was the most evuhlest of evuhl because she tried to take Wiley away was Nelle. Yeah, like your own harpy of a mother didn't do the SAME EXACT THING to AJ. So STFU. and take several thousand seats, whydon'tcha.

The irony is that Jax and Carly talked about keeping Spencer safe from Helena, Nik's grandmother. Now Carly and Bobbie have told Brad "that's no excuse" and Carly bared her teeth when Brad said one of the reasons for the baby lie was to keep Wiley safe, knowing that grandparents Sonny and Carly caused Michael and his siblings to be in danger, i.e. kidnappings and such.

I get what Michael meant. She intended to leave the country with Wiley and never come back. She is a flight risk, and if she saw the opportunity would do it again. As long as Jason was alive and in Port Charles and wanted to have a place in Michael or Carly's life, no way would Carly have ever decided to leave with baby Michael and not look back.  Instead she bragged to Elizabeth that she already drove one "angel" away (meaning Elizabeth could never keep her and Jason apart). Michael will never see his mother as straight up evil like he sees Nelle because there wasn't a deceased newborn involved in the AJ/Carly and baby Michael/Jason mess and he's been raised to believe that S&C are flawed people who break the law because it's inherently necessary due to Sonny's business, but they're not actually evil people. Jason has been reinforcing that mindset with Michael for decades.

1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

I did laugh when Monica basically had no reaction to Michael being a father. She was like, "Wiley is always here anyways".

She did have a reaction. She went from surprise to a beaming smile at Michael and Wiley with one look. She was happy to see Wiley, and thrilled to realize he is the first of another generation of the Quartermaine family.  I think Monica and Michael made a point of saying that Wiley has spent a significant amount of time there so it doesn't seem to the audience like Michael took Wiley out of his happy and comfortable home, brought him to the Q mansion for the first time last night and just expects him to adjust to a new home life setting. 

Monica had the "always here anyways" attitude about Danny and Scout when Jason asked about them staying there while Sam was in prison, because Sam or Jason or both are perpetually telling whomever that "the kids are at Monica's" or "I'm on my way to pick up the kids from Monica's."

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope she is in Wiley's life, though in a more casual manner. Just because he's not her son doesn't mean they don't have a relationship. But it should be dialed back, definitely.

I hope she is in Wiley's life, but I'm not sure it should be dialed back. Wiley should have a mother figure or at least female role model in his life who's not a great/grandparent and she's wonderful with him - they have bonded. Nelle is a definite no-go as a parent, Sasha is just his gf and they could break up at any time,  Kristina and Joss aren't fit to be role models to a house plant, and the one smart thing Sam has done recently is tell Lucas since she's on parole it's better for Wiley to have a different guardian (I know in her mind being a terrible role model for children is completely beside the point.)

1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

Almost forgot, When Micheal and Sasha first came to the going away party they said something about Wiley jumping in the rain puddles and Carly said Michael always loved the puddles. I laughed because it reminded me how they used to talk about Morgans love of Penguins. Also, puddles aren't special to Michael and Wiley. Most kids love them but I guess that was more proof they are father and son.

This reminds me of when the Show tried to imply that Sonny and Dante were similar/could really have a father-son bond because they both liked pasta and the Yankees. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I may have been dozing off when I saw this a week or two ago, but was there some mention of Dev indeed going off to boarding school? 

YES! I'm very hopeful this is the end of Dev, if but entirely, at lest as a regular. I worry that it is just going to be a situation where Joss hears he is going, freaks out, confesses her love, he stays, and Carson is thrilled that Joss has moved on and it is with Dev. Ugh.

• Love 1

I’m far from a Dev fan but I know if he leaves, they are 100% doing Joss/Cam because there’s no way that they are leaving Joss single and her friends dating each other. While I think the actors have chemistry, I’m pretty sure their relationship is going to one-sided. Joss has already been called out for being kind of self-centered and they’ve been writing her as such a mini-Carly lately that I think Cam is wasted on her

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5

Are they finally going to cut their losses on the Dev story, now that they have MobWars8.7 going on?

But why bring Brando on the show? 

Btw, I think he looks an awful lot like a young John Schneider. 

Brando

brando-discuses-dev-lie-abc.jpg?w=1230

Schneider.

Screenshot_2020-02-25 Pinterest.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

The saving graces of today: Wiley's "whatever lady" dismissive looks/ignoring Josslyn's yammering, tone regarding Brucas and pleading to hear him say "Aunt Josslyn" and Alexis being absolutely exasperated with Sam's attitude about her parole officer/determination that she will not be kept apart from Jason. Actually I also like Alexis telling Sam "I can speak for myself" when she was getting on Julian's case and giving him bitchface because he said Brad needs a lawyer.  (Kudos to Julian though, for the implied dig that since she got back together with Jason maybe Lucas and Brad have a chance.)  I assume the audience is supposed to see the parallel between Sam's behavior toward Julian and Carly going to Pentonville to threaten Nelle. 

I feel bad for Ned that Josslyn is coming off as less self-obsessed than Brook is. UGH. The only positive thing she did was confirm that Monica is thrilled about the surprise great grandchild. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So what did Ned mean when he told Brook that her "free ride" was over from the previews yesterday?

Olivia rightly fired Brook. She shrugged it off and told "Daddy" that she needs to spend all her time writing music. He told her she needs to get a job now that pays bills, and suggested office ELQ work. She didn't like that idea, so her response was to get angry and walk away from him.

ETA: Brook told Julian she thinks he was Brad's partner in the baby switch and threatened to go to Sonny with her theory. It appears she is going to demand money/a big favor from him in order to not sic Sonny on him. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Olivia rightly fired Brook. She shrugged it off and told "Daddy" that she needs to spend all her time writing music. He told her she needs to get a job now that pays bills, and suggested office ELQ work. She didn't like that idea, so her response was to get angry and walk away from him.

I figured it had to do something with her slacking off. And how old is she again, 5?

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brook told Julian she thinks he was Brad's partner in the baby switch and threatened to go to Sonny with her theory. It appears she is going to demand money/a big favor from him in order to not sic Sonny on him. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I’m far from a Dev fan but I know if he leaves, they are 100% doing Joss/Cam because there’s no way that they are leaving Joss single and her friends dating each other. While I think the actors have chemistry, I’m pretty sure their relationship is going to one-sided. Joss has already been called out for being kind of self-centered and they’ve been writing her as such a mini-Carly lately that I think Cam is wasted on her

I doubt they're going to do Joss/Cam. Not yet at least. Joss has a big old crush on Dustin and that's been happening since they introduced him as her teacher. 

I do think Cam/Trina are happening, though. But way to be supportive of your friends going together Joss. Everyone is Joss's friend, and Joss is really no one's friend. Also, way to not think of your Uncle Lucas's pain over losing his son. All-about-me raised such a fine daughter.

I can't with BL. Did this girl never live in the real world? I could have sworn she worked at Kelly's for a time. But hey, trust fund baby, gets whatever she wants. It's a bit too late to try and turn back that clock, Ned. And now she's blackmailing Julian.

Olivia still hating on Dustin. Get off your high horse, Olivia.

Still hate Jason and all his "parenting" advice. Again, supah dad, go parent your sons, you giant ass. And hands off Drew's daughter.

If Sam ends up in the same cell as Nelle, it's because she deserves it. She is officially brain dead.

• Love 8

I was so annoyed with Brook today. I was just thinking "walk away Julian! Don't even listen to her or give in to her BS!" Although she is right about the situation. I don't want her blackmailing him. Bitch just get a job, stop looking for the easy way out. Ned needs to at least have her kicked out of the mansion. 

It looks like we might have Joss going after Dustin in some way, so it might be some time before she gets with Cameron. Hopefully he'll see that's she's not into him at the dance and move on though. But who knows with Joss. It seemed like she might be into Cam today when she learned that he was going to the dance with Trina. Then she's intrigued that Dustin will be there and wants to go. And tomorrow she's caring about Dev again. Lol I really hope they are planning on getting rid of Dev too. Was hoping he was really gone already.

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Typo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Brook told Julian she thinks he was Brad's partner in the baby switch and threatened to go to Sonny with her theory. It appears she is going to demand money/a big favor from him in order to not sic Sonny on him. 

So somehow Brooke was able to figure this out even though she’s only known Julian for a few months but no one else was able to guess this even though he’s been acting super suspicious? This seems as forced as making him Brad’s accomplice was.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It looks like we might have Joss going after Dustin in some way, so it might be some time before she gets with Cameron. Hopefully he'll see that's she's not into him at the dance and move on though.

I"m hoping for a Lucky redux here. In that Lucky turned from Sarah, to Elizabeth, after finally realizing Sarah wasn't ever going to return his interest. I want Cam and Trina to still be friends, though. And then maybe realize they each have feelings for each other. So it's not like Cam is choosing Trina as sloppy seconds. Which she TOTALLY is NOT. She has the spunk and fire that Elizabeth had when she first showed up.

• Love 4

I'm not sure who I found more annoying this episode. First there is Brook Lynn. Ugh. What a spoiled brat. The fact that they are making it clear she is going to sell her ELQ shares to either Valentin or creepy producer to get out of her contract makes her even worse. Work at the Metrocourt. I know working with Carly means you should invest in a lot of Aspirin, but at least it's a job. Or go work at ELQ. If SLS can work there, it can't be too hard plus you'll be learning about your family's business.

Then there is Sam. Oh that Sam. "If my parole officer is intent to keep me from Jason, I'll keep her from her job." You're a friggin convicted felon, Sam. He's a convicted felon. Two felons can't associate with one another of one is on probation. That's well known. She's just doing her job. That'd be like Olivia wanting the Health Department official fired because he insisted she have a working refrigerator. Or Brad wanting Monica fired because she won't hire him as chief of surgery. Sam is also a spoiled brat.

And then there is Carly. Carly, NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!!! Her insistence that everything Nelle has done was about getting at Carly is ridiculous. Nelle is a sociopath. It's not about you, Carly. It's 100% about Nelle getting what she wants when she wants it by any means necessary. You should know something about that.

Joss, some life advice: Stop being more and more like your mom. Be like your dad.

This episode needed a lot more Ava and a lot less Carly. Take that as a standing recommendation.

• Love 9

I don’t get how they’re writing Brooke. The show appears to be pretty invested in her character but her writing isn’t any better than her last go around, which I didn’t think was in character for her. Am I supposed to root for this 30-something character who is too lazy to keep a job and support herself? In the 90s, they made it seem like Ned was ok with her being raised away from him because she was being surrounded by a good, honest family but now they are writing her as a spoiled brat even though that doesn’t match what we saw of teen Brooke. Seems like the writers are just writing her based on her 2010 scenes where she was just brought back to be everyone’s enemy. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

ETA: Brook told Julian she thinks he was Brad's partner in the baby switch and threatened to go to Sonny with her theory. It appears she is going to demand money/a big favor from him in order to not sic Sonny on him. 

I'm all for Brook being a schemer, but this is...ugh. First of all, it's gross to threaten people with a mobster, old family friend or not. Second, this just makes Brook seem like a lazy mooch. She reminds me of Kristina, and that's never a good thing. Why can't the young women of this show have any ambition? (Except Molly, I suppose.) I wish she was hustling to start up L&B again or something concrete. Third, wasn't she childhood friends with Lucas and thus it's even grosser to leverage this situation for her benefit?

Actually, now that I think of it, maybe that was Maxie. I wish someone was on Lucas' side. Even his own family members care more about Michael getting his son back, or Carly getting her grandchild, than about the fact that Lucas has just lost a child and his marriage.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The fact that they are making it clear she is going to sell her ELQ shares to either Valentin or creepy producer to get out of her contract makes her even worse.

What makes you think that? I think the one thing they've stressed is no matter how scheming she may be she is she's loyal to the Qs. I don't think she would ever sell to the producer especially. Maaybe Valentin.

she's going to blackmail Julian into getting the producer to break the contract.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think Monica and Michael made a point of saying that Wiley has spent a significant amount of time there so it doesn't seem to the audience like Michael took Wiley out of his happy and comfortable home, brought him to the Q mansion for the first time last night and just expects him to adjust to a new home life setting. 

But, but wasn't Michael kept from his son all of his life?  How can Wiley both be comfortable in Michael's home, and yet kept from Michael?

2 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It looks like we might have Joss going after Dustin in some way, so it might be some time before she gets with Cameron. Hopefully he'll see that's she's not into him at the dance and move on though. But who knows with Joss. It seemed like she might be into Cam today when she learned that he was going to the dance with Trina. Then she's intrigued that Dustin will be there and wants to go. And tomorrow she's caring about Dev again. Lol I really hope they are planning on getting rid of Dev too. Was hoping he was really gone already.

She's just like Carly but worse. Teenage Carly had a vulnerability and an insecurity that made her awful actions seem understandable if not justifiable. Joss is just entitled.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Joss is just entitled.

She's still in high school but what are Brooklyn's and Sam's excuses?  Can't stand any of those three.  They generate NO energy.  Both the actresses and the writers have generated no excitement as to why the audience should waste its time with any of these three characters. 

Speaking of waste, did they really waste Jane Elliot's visit to raise some interest in Brooklyn?  Just after Julian got rid of having to deal with Brad (after being stuck in the boring Oscar story) who was in a constant state of panic for 18 months, he is going to get stuck with babysitting another subpar character, bratty Brooklyn.  Poor WdV.

Then there's another yawner -- Michael - who today announces that he is going to abide by the law right now because he is currently on the right side of the law.  Huh?

{{{Bowl of Moss}}}

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

So somehow Brooke was able to figure this out even though she’s only known Julian for a few months but no one else was able to guess this even though he’s been acting super suspicious? This seems as forced as making him Brad’s accomplice was.

She recalled her conversation with Julian (when they were strangers) about him wanting to terminate the partnership, and saw him fighting with Brad. Immediately after that, Brad and Lucas were in the car accident. She claims it makes sense that he was Brad's accomplice who wanted out re: the baby switch and believes Sonny will agree with her theory. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Third, wasn't she childhood friends with Lucas and thus it's even grosser to leverage this situation for her benefit?

Yes, she and Lucas were friends. Bobbie mentioned that history of friendship when Brook showed up at General Hospital to try to see Lucas right after the accident.

• Love 1

I cannot tolerate this actress named Brook Lynn as far as her “acting” or her role on this show. Her role is not her fault as the writers really suck at this writing thing but she’s just a terrible actress, IMO. And please, writers. Have Nelle escape from the GCPD jail, break into the Corinthos Compound and shoot Carly dead. I mean really dead not pretend dead. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I’m sure the hacks thought SheBeast came out the winner in her scenes with Nelle, but I just 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 because Nelle wasn’t threatened or scared at all. 

And just STAHP Show, with Jason telling us that she can control herself when it comes to her spawn, because CLEARLY SHE CAN’T. Her shrug to him was a Who cares? when Jason realized she played into Nelle’s hands.

And when did Chad start stuttering his lines? I’ve noticed that since SLS took Wiley, he’s been all ”I-I-I...a-a-and a-a-and...i-i-it” every three lines or so. And it’s also OBVIOUS he’s nervous or rather, uncomfortable holding Baby Wiley. He should have been holding him up against his hip, but he’s supporting Wiley’s bottom with his palms.

I just wanted to reach into my screen and SLAP Joss at her utter Glee at Wiley being returned to his “real” father. SO MUCH her Mother’s Daughter, with the TONE DEAFNESS at what Lucas is going through. He was still her cousin before this reveal. Or is she like her stepdad, in that BLOOD counts for more. SLS being the exception.

So does Olivia think ONE Pizza will be enough for a School Dance???? And she can also just STFU about Dustin’s relationship with Lulu. It was her SON who filed for divorce, not Lulu.

Sam can also just STFU. I hope if she succeeds in getting another parole officer, he or she is JUST LIKE Delores. And that she loses custody of her kids, AND HER hypocritical ASS thrown in prison. Jason can then come see her for conjugal visits. Because “no matter what”, right?

Oh I’m glad Julian called Brookie’s bluff; I want her ASS taken down a few pegs!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, way to not think of your Uncle Lucas's pain over losing his son.

No one is! Michael and Jason kept talking about how Michael was kept from Wiley (as if) and how he's going to fight the right way to extricate Nelle from Wiley's life. It's so gross everyone just assumes Lucas will sign any paper put in front of him to annul the adoption. (Of course he will, but it would be nice if someone spared poor Lucas some sympathy.)

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Olivia still hating on Dustin. Get off your high horse, Olivia.

Seriously. It's not as if Dustin broke up Lulu and Dante. How about you remember your hate fuck with Julian, Olivia, and STFU?

How Carly, once again, wasn't struck by lightning when she berated Nelle for keeping Wiley from Michael is beyond me. YOU DID THE SAME THING WITH MICHAEL, KEEPING HIM FROM AJ.

"You're going to follow the rules?" OMG, Sam, most people aren't as stupid as you are and understand consequences. GAH.

"She thinks that she can play you." Uh, Jason, Nelle has already played Carly, and pretty well. 

Edited by dubbel zout
hit submit too soon
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How Carly, once again, wasn't struck by lightning when she berated Nelle for keeping Wiley from Michael is beyond me. YOU DID THE SAME THING

I CACKLED 😆😆😆😆😆when Nelle threw SheBeast’s postpartum in her face. Because I am that petty.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How Carly, once again, wasn't struck by lightning when she berated Nelle for keeping Wiley from Michael is beyond me. YOU DID THE SAME THING WITH MICHAEL, KEEPING HIM FROM AJ.

Same for Alexis' outrage over Brad keeping Wiley from Michael.  Remember Kristina?  You were the moron who slept with Sonny (the mobster), then decided he was an unfit parent and lied about Krissy's paternity.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sam can also just STFU. I hope if she succeeds in getting another parole officer, he or she is JUST LIKE Delores.

Or even stricter/more diligent with surprise visits.  Sam's petty little "She takes Jason away from me, I take her job away from her" made me want to roundhouse kick her in the teeth.  Does she not understand what parole entails?  This whole "rules schmools" attitude makes her sound like a contemporary of Joss's. 

• Love 10
On 2/22/2020 at 4:16 PM, nilyank said:

Bobbie couldn't have any children and with her past as a hooker, she couldn't adopt by normal methods. She bought a baby on the black market (Lucas) not knowing at the time that it was Cheryl's stolen baby with Robert as the suspected daddy. Months later, Robert found out the truth and return the baby to Cheryl. Blood test revealed that Robert wasn't the father (Cheryl's supposed dead ex Julian was) and she left town with Lucas. Later, Cheryl died and left custody of Lucas to Bobbie and not her sister Tiffany which started a whole ugly child custody suit between Bobbie and Tiffany.

Bobbie was essentially the Brad in this situation.

Oh, that's right. I was sort of in and out of the show at the time, so I only remember her trying to make a case against Tiffany. 

34 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Same for Alexis' outrage over Brad keeping Wiley from Michael.  Remember Kristina?  You were the moron who slept with Sonny (the mobster), then decided he was an unfit parent and lied about Krissy's paternity.

I'm fuzzy on the timeline but didn't Big Kristina get blown up in Sonny's warehouse between the time Alexis slept with Sonny and Krissy was born? 

Still, I have how Sonny and Jason get forgiven everything.

• Love 1