Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm not saying she shouldn't be sad, but I'm tired of this show focusing so much on her when Lucas hasn't gotten any of the focus he deserves! 

So much this!  Completely agree.  Although I have been enjoying Willow because I really think the actress has been doing great, I do wish they would focus more on Lucas!  He was that boys father (still is legally?!) and he lost his son.  That is huge!  But the very next day he is back at work in the er no less.  I really don’t get it, other than Lucas has never really been a main character for some reason so why start now.

Did Diane do something to her face and/or hair?  Not that she looked bad, but something was different.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Her hair is longer and styled differently. I prefer the short, choppy layers. 

Funny! I thought it was shorter and more helmet like (in a nice way). That said, I like the way she had it before.

• Love 2

Ned is griping about Brookie's clothes being inappropriate?  OMG I can see her ankles!

The actress who plays Diane did look a little "off".  Different hair, yes, but she looked pale.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in jail who retain parental rights, Michael.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This was my thought as well. And I'm gonna go against the tide here, and hope that they remain friends. It is possible.

I like the idea of Elizabeth's son helping/caring for Taggert's daughter after Taggert was gentle with Elizabeth in handling her rape case when she was the age the kids are now. I like their friendship as it is now. Trina is a cool/interesting character, but as of now she's not tied to any major/legacy family. Taggert had not been around Port Charles for a long time.  I want Cam's first love story to matter like Joss and (gag) Oscar's did. Joss doesn't deserve Cam. The only age-appropriate female I can think of as legacy (and daughter of his mom's friend) is Emma, but she only visits Robin's parents from time to time and BLS hasn't improved as an actress as she's been growing up. This show really needs more younger actors, like bringing on the new (NOT retconned!) or previously established children of characters familiar to the audience, like a teenage Lila Rae or a son/daughter of Jerry Jax or a son/daughter of Sarah Webber. (I believe Elizabeth mentioned to Nikolas in the past that Sarah has kids.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wait, what?  Ned said that Brook Lynn was not dressed appropriately to work at  ELQ?  WTFN?  She had on a skirt and sweater.  There was nothing inappropriate at all.  It was completely unflattering, but I don't think that is what he meant.

• Love 11
(edited)

What is it with Brook Lynn (Amanda Setton) and her wardrobe? Does wardrobe department hate her? Why is she wearing so many layers from the 90's? Is Amanda Setton not comfortable wearing tighter clothes? I have never seen such a young actress (34) dressed so old. I'm not even sure what they (TPTB) are going for.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Did Diane do something to her face and/or hair?  Not that she looked bad, but something was different.

I thought she was wearing a wig. 

But, yeah, Michael jumping immediately to changing Wiley's last name and that whole part about him "not being a Cooper or a Jones" was insulting.  First off, have they gone to court to have the adoption nullified?  Has Michael provided proof he's biologically Wiley's father?  I mean, I get it: the Corinthii steal children and the law doesn't matter, but, god, it's infuriating.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Other than being horribly ill fitting, per her usual, why did Ned say Brooklyn wasn’t dressed appropriately for answering phones at ELQ?  She was wearing a sweater and skirt.  Frumpy, yes.  Inappropriate, no.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. If Ned wants her in a suit or something, he needs to say so.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

The actress who plays Diane did look a little "off".  Different hair, yes, but she looked pale.

You're used to everyone being orange.

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Other than being horribly ill fitting, per her usual, why did Ned say Brooklyn wasn’t dressed appropriately for answering phones at ELQ?  She was wearing a sweater and skirt.  Frumpy, yes.  Inappropriate, no.

The skirt was WAY too short for an office.

• Love 3

The only thing to save this constant talk of Wiley needing Willow is for her to become obsessed and kidnap Wiley. Wiley will be fine without Willow.

I have really been enjoying scheming Valentin. I can even see what makes some viewers call him attractive. Loved his little smirk in the courtroom. Hopefully it's not ruined with more custody talks. I am here for Nellentin.

While I am rooting for Val to get the stock to get the story started, I also find it hard to believe that this powerful family can't get Brooke out of a contract with the low-grade scumbag.

I wish the show would put Carly in a 6 month long coma so we can see Michael function and fight his battles without her.

I think Nelle is awesome, but I also get tired of her easily because I am tired of Carly, but but I love when the smug is knocked off Carly's face. The preview for todays show had Carly telling Nelle to leave so either that happens tomorrow, or it was cut.

I wouldn't mind Jordan leaving town but god, her plan is stupid. Why would Cyrus care what anyone thinks? He is supposedly worse than Sonny but you still had to do funny business to get him in prison. Thank you, Curtis for being the voice of reason. No thank you for suggesting she go to Sonny.

Chesopeaks. Will everyone be going to Sonny? fingers crossed they are all going after the wrong man.

• Love 1

It's nice when there are things to love about GH:

- Mac, showing respect for Taggert/behaving in his official capacity (even if it was to Jordan) and then being awesome for the way he spoke to/did not respect Jason and Sonny.  I adore how he clearly does not give a shit that Robin was once in love with Jason.

-Curtis walking away from Sonny and Jason's attempt to fish for information behind Jordan's back.

- Nelle's/Shiloh's former lawyer telling Carly "you of all people should understand the word allegedly." Hey Carly, clearly you don't understand the word because they can prove that Nelle is Wiley's mother/birth mother.

-Carly flipping out, seething as Robert and the other attorney explained they don't have a clear cut case against Nelle right now (after Carly just spent a scene or two putting down/taunting her) ... and Nelle smugly watching Carly's fury.

-Chase being a sweet, devoted boyfriend to Willow ... but now listening to and going along with Sasha's idea makes me think it's going to get out of hand/blow up, and Michael and Willow will end up breaking up with the two of them.

-Carly's face when Nelle handed Michael the "suing for custody of Wiley" papers.

I have to ask, why did neither Michael nor Carly nor Willow notice and wonder why Valentin would show up in court to see what happened to Nelle?

• Love 5
(edited)

Hope Trina's mom is just emotional now but what a weird line to say to Ava. Unless Ava is at Elizabeth's house to check on Trina and mom is talking to Elizabeth.

Nelle will be my hero if she manages to take down the Corinthii clan while Sonny is busy going after Renault.

I think Nelle will win her custody case and that's when Carly will want her dead so she ask Brando to do it then he later blackmails her or they start an affair. I am fine with either one.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm so conflicted on this entire Wiley/Nelle storyline. I love all things Robert and want him to get this win. I also love the idea of someone actually beating Clan Corinthos, but that would mean Robert would have to lose to Nelle. To make it worse, the only person on this show less menacing than Sonny is Valentin and I really want him to take a long walk off a short parapet, but he's teamed up with Nelle (and creepy music producer but that's another storyline where I hate all parties). I also really like Willow and Chase so they, along with Robert, need a win.

Any scenario where Chase and Robert take down Valentin, Nelle manages to get the one-over on Carson, and then Willow takes her out in a perfectly legal self-defense way? And, somewhere along the way, Lucas should get Wiley back somehow with Chase and Willow content being the cool aunt and uncle figures in his life. All while Ava looks fabulous, of course.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Hope Trina's mom is just emotional now but what a weird line to say to Ava. Unless Ava is at Elizabeth's house to check on Trina and mom is talking to Elizabeth.

We don't get previews in Canada. What does she tell her/say about her?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why Shiloh married Nelle.  I'm pretty sure neither fell madly in love, so what's the motive?

I think it was related to the ever-being-reallocated Quartermaine shares that Wiley would be getting through Michael. 

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

- Nelle's/Shiloh's former lawyer telling Carly "you of all people should understand the word allegedly."

I LOVED this. Sick burn from the lawyer. I'd like to see more of her if we get more of that lol.

• Love 4

Not that I'm against day drinking, but what time is it that Valentin is having a cocktail and Willow is watching the kids ice skate?

Nice to see Mac! I'm glad they remembered he knew Taggert.

Hey, Willow! How about going back to that grief support group?

I love how Nelle needles Carly by always mentioning some connection to Wiley. "My son's grandmother/my son/my son's father." Hee.

I'll say this: At least Carly is finally going after someone who can fight back. It's so gross when she starts berating people who can't or won't. Nelle is more than up for the challenge.

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why Shiloh married Nelle.  I'm pretty sure neither fell madly in love, so what's the motive?

Shiloh was given Oscar's ELQ shares in one of his wills; that's going through probate. Nelle married him for the money, but we haven't gotten a reason why he would marry her.

19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Curtis walking away from Sonny and Jason's attempt to fish for information behind Jordan's back.

Oh, look! Sonny and Jason might actually have to put some effort into this thing, instead of relying on people doing their jobs for them. Hee. I'm a bit surprised Jason hasn't put Spinelli on the case.

I also enjoyed everyone's dismay when Robert had to inform the court that the PCPD misplaced Nelle and Wiley's forged passports. Sucks when police corruption swings the other way, doesn't it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

I am here for Nellentin.

Well she did call him at the end and asked for a drink, but he was all, nope, no thanks crazy lady!

1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

I also find it hard to believe that this powerful family can't get Brooke out of a contract with the low-grade scumbag.

Valentin is the one behind the contract so while I agree that Linc wouldn't be able to find his way out of paper bag much less create an iron clad contract , I believe Valentin is one to thank for that.  

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

why did neither Michael nor Carly nor Willow notice and wonder why Valentin would show up in court to see what happened to Nelle?

THIS.  As soon as they heard that Nelle had forged passports last week they should have tried to figure out who was helping since that would be beyond Brad's expertise.  All they had to do was notice Valentin in the courthouse, looking all smug and they should have realized that he was behind the suspicious disapearance of the forged papers from the PCPD.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I also enjoyed everyone's dismay when Robert had to inform the court that the PCPD misplaced Nelle and Wiley's forged passports. Sucks when police corruption swings the other way, doesn't it?

. . . the passports that Nelle absolutely knew they had after Chase went down to her cell, showed them to her, and told her that their existence would essentially send her back to prison, giving her time to mount a counter-offensive, even though he personally knew how adept she was at the long game.   As usual, well played, PCPD. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Mac, showing respect for Taggert/behaving in his official capacity (even if it was to Jordan) and then being awesome for the way he spoke to/did not respect Jason and Sonny.  I adore how he clearly does not give a shit that Robin was once in love with Jason.

Honestly, I was a huge Jason/Robin fan back in the day, and I still like Robin, but god-oh-mighty, I am sick of people playing the "well, Robin loved Sonny/Jason, ergo, I must respect/be nice to them."  Bullshit.  They're criminals and just because Robin decided when she was a teenager that that wasn't a dealbreaker doesn't mean everyone else has to.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Shiloh was given Oscar's ELQ shares in one of his wills

Was Nelle aware of that?  Good prison grapevine?

She certainly was. She swanned into an ELQ board meeting and dropped the bomb that she'd married Shiloh and wanted those shares.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She certainly was. She swanned into an ELQ board meeting and dropped the bomb that she'd married Shiloh and wanted those shares.

I mean before Shiloh died.  Yes, she knew after he died, but she had to find out about the shares, and plot for Shiloh to marry her.

• Useful 1
(edited)

So, I am going to be the voice of descent and say that I'm not super interested in Lucas' prolonged grief over Wiley.  Yes, I do think that they are dropping the ball on him, however I don't think the drop is quite as far as other people do, if that makes sense.  Yes, Lucas is Wiley's dad, and yes, he absolutely should be given more perspective here.  My issue is that he hasn't been shown to really have the same connection with Wiley that Brad did.  Now, I'm not saying that he doesn't love him as much as any father, and he does have a very demanding career, however they skimped on showing that one on one connection with Wiley so much that if they overdid his grief there would be a disconnect in the other direction for me.  

Brad was shown consistently as the caregiver parent.  That is a failing of the show, but it matters to me because if they were going for a real tearjerker for Lucas, they failed.  Frankly I'm annoyed that Brad seems so detached.  Wiley was being under served in the parenting department if the way that they actually portrayed his parents is the actual situation that he was living with.  

And I think that the legal situation is simpler than we are making it out to be.  WRT Brad and Lucas, Wiley was never legally in their custody.  Now, they could go to court and argue that he should stay in Lucas' physical custody, but I doubt he would win.  And, Michael is named as the father on the birth certificate, so he does already have legal rights probably.  That depends more on the state.  I know in Florida that isn't the case if the parents aren't legally married, but I don't know about NY.

If someone was contesting that Wiley was actually Jonah, then they would need a DNA test and court and stuff, but they aren't, so defaulting to the parents of record seems like a straightforward thing.

Is Nelle being charged with assault on Willow?  Cause she should be and her ass should be back in jail.  Was she paroled?  Isn't that how she got out?  That is a violation, overcrowding or not.  

Edited by ouinason
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Is Nelle being charged with assault on Willow? 

Nelle was charged with assault, but her lawyer today argued that there was no forced entry, therefore Willow let her in (even though Willow said Nelle pushed her way in once she'd opened the door).  Plus, Zara also argued that there was no proof that Nelle had knocked out Willow.  The ADA counter argued that Willow is the witness to her own attack but Zara countered that, that Willow wouldn't remember what happened since she'd been knocked out and suffered a head injury.  Charges were dropped.

18 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Was she paroled?

She was, not because of overcrowding but because Ryan stabbed her under the pretext that he was trying to escape and she "helped" stop him from escaping (it was pretty thin)

20 minutes ago, ouinason said:

My issue is that he hasn't been shown to really have the same connection with Wiley that Brad did.

THat's my problem with it.  We hardly ever saw Lucas with the baby since he was working all the time and Brad had Wylie all the time in the early months, then Michael and Willow had Wylie in the later months.

People also say they want a confrontation between Lucas and Brad but Lucas has spent the past 6-12 months arguing with Brad about everything from membership in DOD to possibly cheating on him.  One more argument just doesn't feel like it would have any impact.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I mean before Shiloh died. 

They showed us Shiloh and Nelle making a deal in jail.  Her end was the shares, I'm thinking his end was possibly access to Wylie.  Nelle would likely have lied and told him she'd help him get to the child, knowing that she never would since he wasn't original recipe Wylie.  

• Love 2

Diane, I know you're a mob lawyer, but it doesn't seem to be in your client's interest to pretend that both of his families are equally "notorious." 

Not that Michael, who JUST escaped a mob hit, should even have to wonder what name to choose. "Hmmm, most of the kids in this family have been kidnapped or shot because of their connection to Sonny. Anyhoo, I guess I'll go ahead and pick the name that puts a giant red arrow over my son's head!"

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Not that Michael, who JUST escaped a mob hit, should even have to wonder what name to choose. "Hmmm, most of the kids in this family have been kidnapped or shot because of their connection to Sonny. Anyhoo, I guess I'll go ahead and pick the name that puts a giant red arrow over my son's head!"

And yet the body count of murdered Quartermaines is higher than that of the Corinthii.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

THat's my problem with it.  We hardly ever saw Lucas with the baby since he was working all the time

This is true.  Between Lucas rarely to never having a scene with just Wiley, just a few tears when he handed Wiley over to Michael, and no mention of Lucas/reason given why he wasn't in court today, the Show makes it seem like Lucas was never that invested in Wiley. Michael mentioned concern that Wiley misses Lucas (as if Lucas is now deceased and unable to be around) but then went on and on about how Willow and Wiley need each other. Um, Wiley lived with Lucas for a year and a half. Willow was not a part of Wiley's life on a daily basis. The writing makes Michael look stupid for a) not attempting to find a place in Wiley's "new" life for Lucas, and b) being so confident that Nelle would just go back to prison and have no chance at a claim on Wiley. I rolled my eyes at his 'duh/huh? look when Diane said her line about Nelle's rights.

I had this thought today: Sasha deserves to have Carly as her boyfriend's mother/MIL from hell. Willow does not. The writers' intention was glaringly obvious when it was Carly, Willow and Michael v. Nelle in the courtroom hall at the end of the episode. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Hope Trina's mom is just emotional now but what a weird line to say to Ava.

I really hope they don’t make Trina’s mom come in hot like that. Like we’ve seen Ava’s relationship with Trina. We’ve not seen Trina with her mom at all so for me I’m not invested in that yet. I don’t like when newcomers come on too strong (looking at you Brooklyn). 

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

why did neither Michael nor Carly nor Willow notice and wonder why Valentin would show up in court to see what happened to Nelle?

I will give them the tiniest benefit of the doubt in that he walked in after they were all seated and then slinked our during the melee of her being set loose so maybe they didn’t see him?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Diane, I know you're a mob lawyer, but it doesn't seem to be in your client's interest to pretend that both of his families are equally "notorious." 

Michael is an idiot for going by and giving his son the name Corinthos.  I hope the awesome judge from Michael's sentencing for Claudia's murder is the judge in Wiley's custody case.

• Love 5

So except for a text that Jordan received from TJ, the last time we saw him was after Molly said no to his proposal and he left her in the restaurant. Jordan didn't think to have a couple officers guarding him after Cyrus has killed three of the members of her team that set him up and after he personally told her that he was going to burn down her life and town and make her watch as he did it.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

And yet the body count of murdered Quartermaines is higher than that of the Corinthii.

But how many of that Quartermain body count is directly/indirectly caused by the Corinthi?

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

How can Jordan knock back booze with one kidney

The writers forgot?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

But how many of that Quartermain body count is directly/indirectly caused by the Corinthi?

There is AJ of course, first hung on a meat hook and then murdered by Sonny. Otherwise Bradley Ward but that's going back over 20 years ago. Everyone else (Edward, Lila, Alan, Oscar etc) died of natural causes. Drew, but in my mind he's alive.

On the Corinthos side, Morgan who was caught in the mob war with the Jeromes. Adela was beaten to death by Deke.  Lily was blown up.  Courtney died of an illness.

If you're looking at trauma, mental or physical, but not death, the Corinthos crowd has them Quartermaine's beat. Most importantly, no one has shot at a Quartermaine recently.

• Love 1

Michael's first day as a stay-at-home dad and he puts on a button-down shirt and a tie and leaves the kid with (I guess?) Leo's nanny while he goes to Nelle's arraignment. Dude has a strange way of putting Wylie first.

• LOL 6

I liked that it was Willow's words that shut Nelle up and knocked the smug look off her face, not Carly. I also liked Dr. Obrecht calling Nelle "grubby" to her face, LOL.

I thought Sam was the worst PI in the world, but Spinelli is giving her a run for her money.

Are we supposed to be on Dr. Robinson's side? The curtness/coldness/restrained hostility was uncalled for at a time when Trina can use all the love and support she can get. If Trina's mother has such a problem with Ava's family/association with Mobsters, she never should have let Trina, her minor daughter, intern at the gallery to begin with and thus bond with Ava.  When Ava told Franco "she's not wrong" for what she said, I was thinking, yeah but that doesn't make it okay. As a mother, Mrs. Robinson should have compassion for another mother who lost her daughter even if she doesn't like Ava based on what she knows of her.

Good for Elizabeth for bringing up history to make the point to Nikolas she doesn't like who he has become (I assume that moment was the only point of him accompanying Ava). On the other side of town, it's beneath Anna to be such a fool.

I really can't stand Jordan. Her ...hollowness? ..... is just as grating as Sonny's sleaziness. Did MB turn up the sleaze a notch today?

• Love 5

The best moments were with the women: Ava and Trina, Nelle facing down Carly, Obrecht impressed by Nelle's plan, Liz getting Franco off the couch so that Ava can have a moment with Trina. And Cameron and Trina of course.

Sonny and Jason's priority is to find out what Cyrus has on Jordan rather than fighting him. Most incompetent mobsters ever.  I found the three men teaming up to tell the little woman what to do revolting.

Spinelli hacks Dolores phone illegally and he and Sam immediately assume she's doing something shady.  Sonny and Jason's priority is owning Jordan and Sam' is getting back with Jason. Blech.

I'm getting Grey's Anatomy vibes with TJ missing and neither Molly nor Jordan checking if he's okay.

• Love 3

And yet again, Ava can't win for losing. She did inadvertently offend Trina's mom by implying she's too busy for her kid, but that's not worthy of receiving such a cruel clapback. The way Ava described the wonder of seeing Kiki's lost potential thriving in Trina was actually very poignant. I hate that right out of the gate, this new character (does she have a first name? In my head she's still Whitney from Passions) is causing friction with Ava, who truly only had good intentions here.

Also, Nik's an ass for not even bothering to check on Ava. I admire how Liz doesn't even hesitate in reminding him of just how much he sucks right now. He's definitely hoping Franco and Ava spark and he'll best her in their postnupt agreement, which is a shitty thing to do to his best friend. 

Smug, conniving Peter combined with smug, woefully ignorant Anna. The coronavirus would be kinder. (Wash your hands and stay safe, guys.)

• Love 7

When Ava and Nik fall in love(come on, we all know it's coming), I wouldn't mind seeing them be a couple friend for Liz and Franco. I enjoy the friendship between Ava and Nina well enough, but since I don't like Nina, I'd like to see Ava with other friends and with her history with Franco and Liz's history with Nik, they could work.

Shut up Sam and Spinelli. I want her back in jail.

I can't help it. I love Leisl. And with Anna being so... not Anna lately, I'm fine with Leisl winning this one.

• Love 9