Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/28/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whereas McCain was arguing that NO veteran ANYWHERE can be criticized EVERR!

When she can no longer be the poster child for grief Meghan will want to be the poster child for veteran support. With her family's money and connections she could start a foundation to help veterans but that would involve actually doing something other than just talking and wanting a pat on the back.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Being a veteran doesn't make you any more patriotic than those who didn't serve. 

There are a lot of veterans my age(old) who went into the military because a judge said, "Son, it's either jail or the Army.  Which one?"  Many served two years and are now "veterans." 

26 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whereas McCain was arguing that NO veteran ANYWHERE can be criticized EVERR!

And she stands by that!

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

It's interesting that Abby (and probably every Huntsman) continues to proclaim that Jon Huntsman speaks "fluent Mandarin."  In the 60s many of my Mormon boy friends (not boyfriends) served missions in other countries.  They were tested and then assigned to learn the language of a specific foreign country.  They learned the bare necessities to get a meal. The people in the countries were generally kind to them and helped them speak their fractured language.  I doubt if any one of them could have written a cohesive essay or read a newspaper completely in their new "fluent" language.  Here's an old article about Jon's fluency.    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2011/10/is-jon-huntsman-fluent-in-chinese.html

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

Gosh, after reading the Daily Beast article, you can clearly see Meghan's word salad was especially bad today -

She says "people" are criticizing veterans;  she mixed up the information she gave about the twin brother of the man who's giving the deposition today, giving the witness's information instead;  then this entire paragraph is confusing -

“But for me, one thing that’s lauded at my family is that my father was a war criminal, because while he was being tortured he conceded that he had committed war crimes because he was being tortured to the point of broken,” McCain responded. “So throwing the word ‘war crime’ for me is something that’s very intense, something that by the way I’m still dealing with today.”

Maybe she meant "lobbed" instead of "lauded", which is something positive.  Next she seems to be saying that her father did say he had committed war crimes.  You would think on this issue, at least, she would speak more carefully.  Then she implies that no one should be accused of war crimes (did any of the hosts use that term today?).  And it's interesting that she said she's still dealing with the accusations against her father.

Then she says "it's been thrown around bipartisanly on both sides..." and goes through a list of people who deserve "better respect".  Until today I've never heard those two words used together like that.  

I still don't think you can equate bipartisanship as being one prominent Democrat and many prominent Republicans  She doesn't mention that all of the other Democratic presidential candidates who've commented about what Hillary said have not taken the bait and have instead praised Gabbard's service.        

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Many served two years and are now "veterans." 

Earning full veterans benefits (easier to receive in the 60s-70s) AND free burial in veterans' cemeteries for themselves and their spouses...but not ex-spouses, many of whom are dumped when elderly and left with nothing.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie is trying to explain why she doesn't want them interrupting each other and Migraine Meg interrupts her.  What a pig.

If you want a good laugh, read all the replies to this tweet:

🤣😂😂🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Isn't it interesting that the show played video of Laura Ingraham and her guests when talking about people questioning Alexander Vindman's loyalty, but only included Sean Duffy (who was recently on the show with his wife Rachel Campos) in that category by showing his picture? (He's a new CNN commentator and was on their New Day program this morning discussing the issue.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, good God, Meg. Give it a break with Tulsi Gabbard. She’s not going to happen. Meg totally misunderstands the situation. Nobody questions Tulsi’s loyalty. It’s her naïveté about being used by the Russians that’s being questioned. 

Wow, Whoopi has had it with Meg hogging the conversation and talking over everyone!  Way to smack her down!

Megzy refuses to listen.  It was said that Tulsi was favored by Putin's evil regime to help keep the Democrats from winning the election by taking votes away from the nominee, nobody said that it was Tulsi's desire to be that or that she was acting on Russia's behalf.

And, even when Whoopi explained the thing about trying to get some order when people start talking over each other, Megzy still had to talk over her.  She learned no manners from daddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Timothy McVeigh and Abu Ghairb were my first thoughts when Meghan said all military gets a pass from her.  Maybe twitter will remind Meghan all the Veterans have done vile evil things.  

Her Twitter mentions are in shambles thanks to her comments on today's show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

There are a lot of veterans my age(old) who went into the military because a judge said, "Son, it's either jail or the Army.  Which one?"  Many served two years and are now "veterans." 

And she stands by that!

My cousin's ex-wife, for instance.  She left because she couldn't make the weight and fitness goal, and then he left when they were consorting with the underaged.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think  it's easy to be sweeping in for and against. Many come back with PTSD, and that changes their behavior. 

I don't think most of us are thinking about those.  It's those low-life criminals et al who get into the military and nothing changes them...they come out as low-life criminals.  Some maintain criminal behavior when they're in service.  They're technical veterans, but no credit to anyone's society.

• Love 11

I can’t believe not a single person at the table said McVeigh.  He immediately came to mind, and I thought it was common knowledge he was a vet.  It would have immediately proven the absurdity of Meghan’s point. Being a vet doesn’t automatically make you a good person. 

• Love 21

This is the third time recently that Meghan has derailed the conversation by comparing one situation to another, making them equal when they are not at all equal.  

I wish I could recall the other times, but it's the "Both sides!"  thing, where she goes on a tangent to bring up the argument SHE wants to have, instead of the topic that was brought up.  

I loved Whoopi smacking her down for her interrupting.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Stuffy said:

I can’t believe not a single person at the table said McVeigh.  He immediately came to mind, and I thought it was common knowledge he was a vet.  It would have immediately proven the absurdity of Meghan’s point. Being a vet doesn’t automatically make you a good person. 

Just off the top of my head:

James Earl Ray
Eddie Ray Routh
Lee Harvey Oswald
John Allen Muhammad

There are many, many more. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
ETA- The good ones, like MY father (yes, MM, others have fathers who served, too. AND, some are Democrats) get my utmost respect.
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Dear God, Meghan. SHUT UP!!!! If you are so pro military why haven’t YOU served?? Oh right.. you would have to follow follow directions and show respect to your superiors. 

and.....lose weight.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Even when they had the segment where everybody was in a good mood (bets about third party candidacies and Joy's lasagna), Meghan's all loud and shouty and still interrupts.  She must be so exhausting to be around irl.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And Whoopi can carry a grudge.  Let's see how soon she calls her, "Baby," again.  Ms. Meghan might be cruisin' for a bruisin'......

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Axie said:

Someone needs to remind The Meg that Hillary Clinton is a private citizen and has been for quite awhile.

Yes, but most everyone on The View believes that Hillary should be the current president.

• Love 1

And, completely overlooked, the discussion about kids eating alone at the the lunch table... I’ll admit, I wasn’t paying attention.  What I did notice, at the end of it all - Meghan said she had nothing to add.  She then proceeded to talk about herself, her circle of loyal friends (just like she is now!!) and managed to use her allotted time lol...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's position is more "If you're going to bring up Laura Ingraham smearing Vindman, then I"m going to bring up Hillary smearing Tulsi Gabbard."   She is reaching Hasselbeck levels of "what about Obama?" every time a topic is brought up that she doesn't like. 

Meghan is just pointing out the hypocrisy. It’s ridiculous how everyone on the panel is so partisan and can’t even see it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

And, completely overlooked, the discussion about kids eating alone at the the lunch table... I’ll admit, I wasn’t paying attention.  What I did notice, at the end of it all - Meghan said she had nothing to add.  She then proceeded to talk about herself, her circle of loyal friends (just like she is now!!) and managed to use her allotted time lol...

I cut her a lot of slack on the kid topics, but I noticed this too. Lol I’m childless and also have been out of school for awhile, but I didn’t find this particular kid topic that hard to relate to. Most of us spent many years of our childhoods going to school and ate at a school cafeteria five days of the week. As far as I know, Meghan wasn’t homeschooled. The women didn’t discuss giving babies formula or diaper rash or something. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Meghan is just pointing out the hypocrisy. It’s ridiculous how everyone on the panel is so partisan and can’t even see it.

No, she's trying to deflect, she took the conversation about Vindman and decided to instead make it about hillary. It's not about the others being partisan.  It's about Meghan trying to steer the discussion. Any time the most current topic is something critical of Republicans,  she deflects to, "democrats do it too!" And makes it clear that she doesn't want to discuss the current topic. She is passionate about criticism of veterans.  But she had to phrase her objection in terms of Hillary doing it, so that she isn't calling out the republicans who criticized Vindman, which was the topic.

10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I cut her a lot of slack on the kid topics, but I noticed this too. Lol I’m childless and also have been out of school for awhile, but I didn’t find this particular kid topic that hard to relate to. Most of us spent many years of our childhoods going to school and ate at a school cafeteria five days of the week. As far as I know, Meghan wasn’t homeschooled. The women didn’t discuss giving babies formula or diaper rash or something. 

Yes. She also said, " I have nothing to add" three times.

• Love 23
18 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Being a veteran doesn't make you any more patriotic than those who didn't serve. 

Retired mental health professional here.  I worked exclusively with military families in the mid 80’s. Post Vietnam and pre Desert Storm. Domestic violence/child abuse and neglect was rampant.  There was significant familial sexual abuse. There was also rampant sexual assault of female members.
Biggest obstacle in getting services to family members was the kind of thinking MM is promoting. The idea that because someone is Active Military they are beyond reproach. Unfortunately, military personnel’s “chain of command “ makes everything difficult. An immediate supervisor is also a neighbor and the parent of your kids best friend.  It’s difficult to get information up the chain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Comparing the actions of a private citizen or even someone currently competing for the Democrat nod should not be in any way comparable to the actions of the current president of the United States.   If that's the best Meghan can do in her efforts to deflect and defend then that's pretty pathetic.

• Love 21

Meghan, I'd be more sympathetic to them running out of time for your comments if you hadn't already talked over everyone else.  Acting like you never get the chance to speak is absurd.

I forgot all about you Corey Booker.  Feel free to go away now.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 15

I don't think Cory Booker has any chance to win, but I liked how he handled Meghan. He corrected her behaviour and explained his position with Sunny backing him by saying, "law abiding citizens will listen." meaning everyone who doesn't is showing their asses.

As for the Beto thing, I may be remembering it wrong but didn't Meghan start bashing him first and he just responded to her? So she technically started it.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Jeebus.  They come back from the break, after Meghan's latest hissy fit, and they're talking to Corey Booker's girlfriend and Huge Meg says in the background "I don't care about this."  I don't care about you, Meg, but, here we are.

I can't imagine any other job where anyone could be so incredibly rude to a guest and keep their job.

Yes! I heard Meghan saying that. So damn disrespectful.  

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Jeebus.  They come back from the break, after Meghan's latest hissy fit, and they're talking to Corey Booker's girlfriend and Huge Meg says in the background "I don't care about this."  I don't care about you, Meg, but, here we are.

I can't imagine any other job where anyone could be so incredibly rude to a guest and keep their job.

Wow, she said that? Smh. Beyond disrespectful and childish.

• Love 8

Whoopie looks lovely in her shades of purple.

In that picture Abby's sister looked a lot like Elizabeth Hasselbeck.  (It looks like Abby's had a haircut; it's a little shorter and layered.  I like it.)

Not only was Meghan getting distracted by who knows what while Joy was complimenting Liz Cheney and Mitch McConnell, (and Abby complimented her) she looked pissed that Joy said, "When you (Republicans) do something right, I will tell you".

I wonder why they decided to talk about one of Arizona's senators...hmmm.  (I haven't seen this story mentioned anywhere else.)

Baby Meghan has no problem being nasty to so many people, but if she thinks somebody's nasty to her - waaaa (Was Beto nasty to her?  I know Seth Myers wasn't, and she said he was).

Oh my gosh!  She's insufferable. 

Whoopie -  "...we're going to have the rest of this conversation when we come back."  Meghan - "No we're not.  That's fine."   

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg was incredibly rude today. 

Yeah, I’m under the weather today, it’s nasty outside where I live and I just couldn’t make it through today’s show. Sen. Booker isn’t my favorite, but the disrespect towards him was totally uncalled for. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 20

Meghan really needed to be shot with a giant elephant tranquilizer dart today.  It would involve shooting so she wouldn't have minded.

There's always someone who will defend the indefensible though, so, I'm sure there will be no blowback from ABC regarding her behavior today.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

Someday I would really & truly like to find out how someone who is being paid to be on a talk show to talk, with a group of other women who are there to talk and interact and discuss chosen topics put before them to talk about by their bosses and their network is able to consistently and continually get away with  saying day in and day out, "I don't care about this"  and "I have nothing to say."  This is literally what her job is.  To sit there and talk and discuss things that she is getting paid to talk about and discuss. 

I hope someday we get to find out what was keeping her here all along.  Does she know where the bodies are buried?  Does she have secret files on someone?  Is someone paying ABC to keep her on the air? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21