Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

Hardly surprising.  I wonder who else tested positive?  What a bunch of morons. 

From what I have read there does not appear any evidence of a link between Covid and miscarriage in the first trimester, although of course these studies are ongoing.  There is so much that we do not know about the disease and its effects on the whole body.  Still, I think the chances that the miscarriage was caused by Covid are slim.  

But now that they have had it they probably think they are immune, which may not be the case.  You just can't fix stupid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Though I guess that explains why they’re so freely out and about now. Lots of IG videos showing their Saturday coffee dates, sitting indoors, unmasked with other patrons at nearby tables also sitting unmasked. I guess they figure we’ve had it — shrug. I’ve read the vaccine has no correlation with miscarriages but Covid itself does/can; I feel like generally drs. are very cautious of pregnant women getting fevers especially early on as it can affect the child.

• Useful 4

Josie has a habit of posting pictures of Willow in her highchair, making a huge mess.  They plunk her in there with just a diaper on and let her have at it.  I think the latest one is black olives. Then the pictures switch to her being bathed in the kitchen sink.

I don't get it.  I would never post photos of an 18 month old in the bath or just wearing a diaper on social media.  There are too many sickos out there, and  do they even stop to think how Willow will feel about it when she gets older?  Private family photos and social media posts are two very different things.

Second, it's not as adorable as she thinks.  Yes, babies and toddlers are notoriously messy eaters.  But Willow is 18 months old.  She should be learning to eat with a spoon by now.  When baby number 2 arrives in 5 months Josie won't have time to clean up huge messes, and Willow won't magically become a neater eater without practice. 

Maybe it is a generational thing, or maybe I just have a lower tolerance for messes, but it just annoys me to no end.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I never realized that he was 18 and she was only 14 when they met.

They appear to be extremely happy now, but at those younger ages, it seems creepy and inappropriate. 

I agree. I don't often give Gil credit for anything, but I don't blame him for putting the kibosh on the relationship. If Kelton is harboring resentment over it, then that's irrational on his part, not Gil's. 

• Love 9
On 1/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, 3 is enough said:

Josie has a habit of posting pictures of Willow in her highchair, making a huge mess.  They plunk her in there with just a diaper on and let her have at it.  I think the latest one is black olives. Then the pictures switch to her being bathed in the kitchen sink.

I don't get it.  I would never post photos of an 18 month old in the bath or just wearing a diaper on social media.  There are too many sickos out there, and  do they even stop to think how Willow will feel about it when she gets older?  Private family photos and social media posts are two very different things.

Second, it's not as adorable as she thinks.  Yes, babies and toddlers are notoriously messy eaters.  But Willow is 18 months old.  She should be learning to eat with a spoon by now.  When baby number 2 arrives in 5 months Josie won't have time to clean up huge messes, and Willow won't magically become a neater eater without practice. 

Maybe it is a generational thing, or maybe I just have a lower tolerance for messes, but it just annoys me to no end.

Silly, all she has to do is tell Willow, lunch today isn't for the "Gram, it's just lunch, so no messes.   Problem solved. 

• LOL 2

Didn't see the baby book thing but it's up -- her and Kelton on a parking garage roof with confetti poppers. Hazel Sloan.

So it'll be at minimum 4 kids for them. They now need a boy for Kelton and in this cult all boys must have a brother so that makes 4 kids if they get 2 boys back to back or more if there's some more girls mixed in there. Isn't bestie Bobby's wife also having a girl this time due around the same time? Built in best friends for the next gen.

• Love 1

Alyssa has heart issues. It doesn't appear so far that the Bates daughters are 'built to deliver'. I hope they take their own well being into consideration before procreating like rabbits and are of the opinion that 'they don't have a choice' in the matter as Erin once stated....like a fool.

• Love 5

How do we know Josie has a clotting disorder and is allergic to one of the meds? Was that on the show or an instagram type of discussion?

I would hope and assume that KELTON would be the one who'd say, we have 2 kids it's enough. I mean he has a traumatic history here with his mother. Can't imagine he'd feel safe with his wife rolling the dice here. But then they haven't had a boy yet and if they do have a boy has kid #3 then you know that boy needs a brother. But then who knows maybe Josie and Kelton will feel like see God gave us a healthy mom and 2 healthy kids and a medical team that can manage this issue, we MUST have more to honor God.

So it appears the clotting disorder is Erin, Tori, Carlin, and now Josie. Alyssa has a heart issue. And Michaela and/or Brandon have an unspecified infertility issue which hasn't allowed them to get pregnant yet. I wonder if G&K -- esp K -- are "disappointed" or feeling like -- how could this happen, we did everything right in terms of how we live, prayer etc. and now we're going to get left behind in the grandbaby race compared to our fr-enemies the Duggars. I think right now it's neck and neck among the two families but if family size gets limited for a few of their daughters, that'll leave them behind in the race long term; whereas amongst the Duggars it's only Jill so far saying that she and husband Derick don't believe in having as many babies as possible/a baby yearly, they'd rather have a few that they know and raise well.

I assume K is leaning HARD to Whit and soon on Tiff and Esther as well to keep making babies ASAP. Whit probably will be into it -- much to Zach's concern -- bc she wants nothing more than to fit in with this family. Esther -- probably as she's fundie as well though I believe she's from a family of 6-8 kids not 19. Tiff -- more of a wildcard. Cali girl, Asian, one brother, has had a life acting as a child/teen actress etc., she prob thinks it's highly abnormal to even have 8 kids let alone 10+. Plus there's a good chance she will convince Law to live on the west coast -- I mean he seems to love the San Diego life too. Even a cottage to stuff your half dozen kids into -- ala Chad/Erin -- isn't cheap in San Diego, so they may run into some pragmatic limitations esp if they end up in Cali.

• Love 6

Josie had no apparent issues with her first pregnancy, or at least she never mentioned having the disorder. Is it possible to have one normal pregnancy and for the disorder to show up during the second pregnancy?  If so, maybe that is why she miscarried last year. 

One would think that God is trying to tell the Bates girls not to follow in their mother's footsteps.  So far there is one with infertility issues, 4 with the clotting disorder, and one with heart issues.  Erin got hit twice- clotting disorder and ovarian cysts, but she still managed to have four healthy children.

Josie really is a hippie at heart.  She had Willow dressed in the oddest little bell bottom pants in her stories yesterday- the stories are still up for a few hours. I have never seen those before but if you look up baby bell bottoms on Etsy there are a lot of listings.  Tight to the knee and then they really flare out a lot. Not something I would choose for my granddaughter but I guess they are trendy.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I saw her stories, I thought the bell bottoms looked adorable, but I wonder if they would be hard for a toddler to walk in? All that flared material at the bottom seems like it would be easy to trip over. 

Yes, they looked really long.  Definitely a tripping hazard.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie had no apparent issues with her first pregnancy, or at least she never mentioned having the disorder. Is it possible to have one normal pregnancy and for the disorder to show up during the second pregnancy?  If so, maybe that is why she miscarried last year. 

One would think that God is trying to tell the Bates girls not to follow in their mother's footsteps.  So far there is one with infertility issues, 4 with the clotting disorder, and one with heart issues.  Erin got hit twice- clotting disorder and ovarian cysts, but she still managed to have four healthy children.

Josie really is a hippie at heart.  She had Willow dressed in the oddest little bell bottom pants in her stories yesterday- the stories are still up for a few hours. I have never seen those before but if you look up baby bell bottoms on Etsy there are a lot of listings.  Tight to the knee and then they really flare out a lot. Not something I would choose for my granddaughter but I guess they are trendy.

I think it HAS happened that way for one of the daughters before -- first pregnancy was fine and then in the next one they discovered oh you have the clotting disorder too. I think it might have been Tori. IDK how it's discovered but I assume it's via bloodwork so first pregnancy bloodwork is border line but fine so they don't have to do anything about clotting; next pregnancy maybe it looks like the bloodwork is just over the line where the clotting issue matters.

Thing is besides Erin IDK if anyone of them really WANT 19 kids or even say 10-12 kids. Erin IS Kelly so she probably wants 19 and the "acclaim" that comes with them and with her and Chad being the hot fertile fundie couple raising dozens of blessings. But Tori -- seems lazy and with 2 boys being the oldest it's not like she is going to have household help for another 8-10 yrs until this unborn girl is old enough. Alyssa -- seems to dislike her huge family and prefers order over chaos which isn't conducive to dozens of kids. Carlin -- that many kids will take the attention off her and her fame whore husband, not to mention he's constantly stressed over finances with ONE kid and they seem like they want the nicer things. Josie -- also seems to dislike her huge family like Alyssa. Katie -- too stupid for words much like Carlin so IDK if she could handle raising that many kids and her NJ boy husband is going to run for the hills if she starts talking about 12 kids; he's one of 2 or 3 which is what's normal where he comes from and likely what he wants too. And Michaela she's the rare one in this group that cherishes EVERY child and as life has worked out she hasn't had any. I think she's be just as fulfilled with 1 as with 4 or 12 or 18 so I don't think she's looking for 19 kids-- honestly I think she'd been over the moon if she was blessed with just 1 or 2.

• Love 6

I do not recall Josie ever saying anything about having the clotting disorder when she was expecting Willow.  It's possible that like Tori, she had a normal first pregnancy.  This morning was the first time I heard any mention of it.  Apparently it was one of the things the eagle-eyed Redditor saw on the journal pictures.

2 hours ago, cereality said:

I think it might have been Tori. IDK how it's discovered but I assume it's via bloodwork so first pregnancy bloodwork is border line but fine so they don't have to do anything about clotting; next pregnancy maybe it looks like the bloodwork is just over the line where the clotting issue matters.

I have a similar clotting disorder and they have to test specifically for the clotting disorders.  The test is not part of routine pregnancy testing.  One would think that all the Bates women would ask to be tested before getting pregnant the first time, but perhaps not.  It is possible to have a successful pregnancy without treatment for some women.   

• Useful 4
38 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Josie also confirmed that she had same clotting disorder as some of her sisters but only diagnosed in this pregnancy.

She was probably tested and diagnosed after the miscarriage.

eta As for their first kiss, I am not surprised. He was blatantly grabbing her ass at the reception.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4

If Josie & Kelton didn't wait until their wedding for that first kiss, why did the TV show give the impression that they did? So, these kids live a different life than the one their parents toot their horns about on TV? How is this honest of them? I'm glad J & K didn't wait for that but this is quite deceptive IMO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

If Josie & Kelton didn't wait until their wedding for that first kiss, why did the TV show give the impression that they did? So, these kids live a different life than the one their parents toot their horns about on TV? How is this honest of them? I'm glad J & K didn't wait for that but this is quite deceptive IMO.

I went back and watched their wedding portion. Josie and Kelton did not refer to it as their first kiss like some of the others have done. Josie commented that she was nervous to kiss in front of 400ish people because that was scary. In Michaela's wedding on BUB and Erin's on 19KAC, there were comments like "you may kiss the bride for the very first time." That said, these people lie like nobody's business on this show. 

So kind of like with the pants thing, I doubt we will see much mention of it on the show because in Alyssa's words it is Gil's show. The producers and crew might not have known about the kissing pre-marriage or they might not have had footage. As the no kissing rule is part of the family brand, I am doubting they would want it broadcast that another Bates (Zach being the first) broke this precious rule.

They may make mention of it now since Josie and Kelton admitted to it on social media, but I doubt it. I think it is more likely that an US Weekly or something might ask Katie and Travis about kissing closer to their wedding, noting in the article that some of Katie's siblings have broken that rule. 

• Love 3

Josie is making out like a bandit with swag for her new baby.

I will give the Bates girls credit- they know how to use social media for their financial benefit.

When the Duggar girls attempt it is just comes off as sad and awkward.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think any of the sisters with the clotting disorder have gone to a full 40 weeks. Erin had all of hers around 36-37 weeks.

Erin had the last one at 35 1/2 weeks. 

Not a fan of the white booties. Or the hat. Or the skintight dress.  Or the location. 

I guess I am showing my age but I just don't get the tight maternity wear trend.  Not that I think a bump should be hidden, I just think a looser dress is more flattering and comfortable.  

Hopefully they have enough of a sense of humor that when they look back at these pictures in a few years they can laugh and say "What were we thinking?" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

How much time do these 2 spend in/on that parking garage?? Countless photo shoots. I think it's where they did their gender reveal. During the pandemic they'd post about picking up takeout and going to eat it there on date night - like multiple times. I believe last 4th of July or some such holiday was spent up there!?

I know Kelton is a big fan of downtown Knox so I think this makes them feel like see we go downtown all the time, look at the view. Uh except you're not IN downtown, you're on the outskirts of it on some random empty garage?! If they love downtown sooo much why haven't they found a couple parks or city squares or cute neighborhoods where they can do photo shoots, gender reveals, and date nights to their hearts' content? Me thinks it's bc Knox is a small downtown with a few streets max of popular restaurants and stuff and those blocks may not have open space to hang out unless you're going into a restaurant/store;  and the rest of the city including city parks is where you're more likely to encounter black people, bus stops/public transportation, homeless people, have to walk by a homeless shelter, may see a few drugged out people etc. So we want to be super cool and hang out downtown all the time but eh we'll do it from the safety of a parking garage where no one knows we're here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wonder how it will impact Josie's business now that she's having a baby smack dab in the middle of wedding season? I know Katie is a quasi employee, but she doesn't strike me as being passionate about cosmetology, and based on her tutorials, her skills are nothing spectacular. Maybe they have friends in the industry who can fill in, but if Josie's on track for a kid every year, I can't see this lasting too long. 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder how it will impact Josie's business now that she's having a baby smack dab in the middle of wedding season? I know Katie is a quasi employee, but she doesn't strike me as being passionate about cosmetology, and based on her tutorials, her skills are nothing spectacular. Maybe they have friends in the industry who can fill in, but if Josie's on track for a kid every year, I can't see this lasting too long. 

But did we ever think this business -- or anything the girls do -- is ever for the long haul? The only thing for the long haul is making babies. They all try to "work" if they're so inclined until they have baby 2 or maybe 3 -- i.e. however many dad is willing to take care of/until the dad's fascination wears off. I guess in Erin/Whit's case it's baby 4 - but in their case their kids can come to work, and/or they can show up for an hr here or there and still gush about owning a business while others peddle their wares, whereas for Josie - if brides hire YOU to do makeup, YOU must be there, you can't just send someone else on the wedding day. I mean come on Josie's business was going to take mommy away from her kids all day on Saturdays? Sure she's with them the other 6 days a week, but it was only going to be a matter of time before she and Kelton decided "together" that it's important for her to be there Saturdays bc Kelton is home and they need family time -- i.e. Kelton ain't watching 2, 3, 4, 6, or however many kids he has every weekend for the next decade.

• Love 9