Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E23: Walk the Walk

druzy
  • Start Topic

When Nova misses her dad, Briana puts her anger with DeVoin aside. Jade tries to distance herself from Sean but worries how it will affect Kloie. Leah’s kids become suspicious of her possible romance with Jeremy. Kailyn reconsiders a move.

Airs October 8, 2019

• Love 3

Ugh, we’re only one scene in and I’m already disgusted.  I found that whole “Are you dating Jeremy??” scene with the children to be beyond distasteful.  Hey, maybe I’m a big wet blanket, but . . . wow.  Leah, of course your youngest daughter is “confused.”  You’re creating, encouraging, and perpetuating the confusion.  Your daughters are not your friends.

The sooner Leah learns that, the better.  She’ll have hell to pay in a few years when her other daughters get a little older.  (And I’ll say it again: END. THIS. SHOW.)

• Love 21

I have to say, my feelings about the coven have changed so much from last year. Brianna was very mature about understanding that her feelings about Devoin don't really matter; that it's about Nova and Nova's feelings. I love the way Roxanne talked to Nova about how she can express her feelings by writing them down. That's a great outlet for a kid to learn, how to express themselves on paper. And I loved how Devoin made sure that Nova knew that he thought about her everyday. He also made sure that Nova   knew it was his fault and not her mom's fault. it was nice to see Devon admit that he had messed up and done something wrong. I think it's important for kids to understand that adults make mistakes too. It's especially good to see that adults can't admit when they messed up and try to make things better. It was actually really sweet, and I really root for everyone in this family. I can't believe just last year, I thought they were all crazy and Roxanne was totally out of control, jumping on tables and cursing everyone out. But something has happened and they have all calmed down and matured as a family. It's nice to see growth on this show, it's not often seen. I hope that devoin really gets his shit together so that he's there for his daughter all the time. They're all very likeable people and I hope the best for them.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Psycho Suzy said:

I have to say, my feelings about the coven have changed so much from last year. Brianna was very mature about understanding that her feelings about Devoin don't really matter; that it's about Nova and Nova's feelings. I love the way Roxanne talked to Nova about how she can express her feelings by writing them down. That's a great outlet for a kid to learn, how to express themselves on paper. And I loved how Devoin made sure that Nova knew that he thought about her everyday. He also made sure that Nova   knew it was his fault and not her mom's fault. it was nice to see Devon admit that he had messed up and done something wrong. I think it's important for kids to understand that adults make mistakes too. It's especially good to see that adults can't admit when they messed up and try to make things better. It was actually really sweet, and I really root for everyone in this family. I can't believe just last year, I thought they were all crazy and Roxanne was totally out of control, jumping on tables and cursing everyone out. But something has happened and they have all calmed down and matured as a family. It's nice to see growth on this show, it's not often seen. I hope that devoin really gets his shit together so that he's there for his daughter all the time. They're all very likeable people and I hope the best for them.

Ahhhhh.....talk is cheap!

Parenting is 24/7....365. 

Their mom is still dick chasing everywhere.... but, Florida. 

And, Devoin came to film his MTV scene for that paycheck.

WHY are they still living in that apartment???

Is it free rent??????

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

You can't please everyone. Chelsea's new land is gorgeous. But I do feel badly for Aubree, having to switch schools, and Grandma Mary. I just think she's lonely and her grandparents are the only thing she has to look forward to. But, then again, 45 minutes isn't THAT far. 

Meanwhile Kail bases all her moving decisions on the baby daddy who is the least involved being close enough to "help." Bahaha! And let the dads who've always been super involved be damned. 

Leah just LOVES the girls asking about her and Germy. And if you truly don't want your kids in your phone, lock it and don't give them the code!!!

Jade's drama... I'm just not invested, since I only just me her. And I'm really not sure why I'm being subjected to the Instagram live of a drugged out madman.

I think the notepad on the fridge for Nova is a great idea. And, boy, she sure adores her dad. Please don't let her down again, Devoid! 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Mkay said:

Leah is turning into Kail more and more everyday.  

A good fit is a bigger size of pants Kail. Buying a new house that is way too big for 3 kids is not a good fit and a bad idea and will not get your not boyfriend to commit. There was nothing wrong with the other house at all. Once again she proves it is all about Chris and not about HER WHOLE FAMILY. As long as Mini Cuban Not Vaxxed is close to his dad is the only thing that matters , not uprooting your other two children that have very invloved dads. 

• Love 17

Chelsea is such a bitch to her mom.  I moved about 45 mins from my family for work when boy-child was five. I was around 27, so probably Chelsea's age now.

My mom was saying the same things, it won't be the same, I'll miss you so much, and I just teased her, you're right, that's it, we're done, you'll never see me again.  Shut up, crazy lady, we'll visit you all the time!  that is how I believe that situation should be handled.

Hi Corey!!!

• Love 8

I thought Chelsea was just fine with her mother. She stated clearly that yes, it would be tougher for Mary but it's her and Cole's decision. She didn't get mad and she didn't get defensive. I thought Mary was being really whiny and needy. They're not moving to another country! Does she really expect that Chelsea and Cole should be guided by her convenience in their life decisions? Mary always needs hair pats and hugs. I get that she's on her own and it gets lonely but that's her cue that she should join a book group or take up a hobby.

Kail is ridiculous and transparent as glass. A five bedroom house?

Do these silly twitches do anything but go on vacation? Hawaii now? I can't.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Roxanne wanted to axe Nova something. 🙄

Hey now! "Axe" is how those of us raised in/around New Orleans say "ask" - it's part of our local working-class vernacular (called "Yat").  https://chrisdier.com/2015/10/24/yatspeak-the-history-of-ax-instead-of-ask/   I spent years trying to unlearn my Yat-speak to hide that I was from the working class.  I'd certainly say "ask" on television, but I'm kind of sad I lost so much of my cultural identity by unlearning Yat-speak when I was trying to fit in at my top-tier, private (rich kid) undergrad institution. (So Roxanne's "axe" is okay with me, unless she's trying to do some cultural appropriation of working class New Orleans culture. Haha, I kid. 😉 )

I have no idea how Roxanne came to use "axe" in place of ask, though. 🙂 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Thanks! I had no idea.

THe Onion once ran a headline "African American Neighborhood Terrorized by Ask Murderer." 

I can't decide if I'm more horrible for laughing at that, or the headline "Batting Tee Pitches Perfect Game in Special Olympics." I mean, it's gotta be the latter, right? So bad. One thing we can all agree on, the headline "Sperm Cells Unaware They're Swimming Up Large INtestine" is funny as fuck.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought Chelsea was just fine with her mother. She stated clearly that yes, it would be tougher for Mary but it's her and Cole's decision. She didn't get mad and she didn't get defensive. I thought Mary was being really whiny and needy. They're not moving to another country! Does she really expect that Chelsea and Cole should be guided by her convenience in their life decisions? Mary always needs hair pats and hugs. I get that she's on her own and it gets lonely but that's her cue that she should join a book group or take up a hobby.

I felt pretty much the same. I have always thought Chelsea was the more sensible, mature one in this mother-daughter relationship. In the past, it always seemed like Chelsea had to battle not only Adumb, but her mother, as well. Chelsea is right to do what she feels is best for her and her family. I don't think she is being disrespectful. Isn't she also moving further from Randilicious? Mary will either adapt or whine herself into position to see much less of her family. Chelsea is also removing herself from her support circle, but to focus on her growing family.

As for the rest of them. SMH

Leah needs to either pi$$ or get off the pot. She's a grown ass woman with 3 young kids, who needs to stop being coy and messing with their heads about "Germy". 

Jade needs to get away from the toxic people and relationships in her life. I feel she has the best intentions where Kloie is concerned, but she has no idea how to "adult" because she has never had positive role models. Every interaction with the people in her life seems to quickly escalate into an unproductive argument. The best thing she could do is put a lot of distance (physical and emotional) between her and these people, then get some counseling so she doesn't repeat the scenario.  I'm sure this will not happen while she is part of the cast, as the show loves to feed the drama. Not sure how to word this, but I think Jade and her situation is currently a lot more realistic than most of the other show moms, so if the producers handled it correctly, her story could actually impact more lives than the others, most of whom have been on more vacations in 10 years than I have in my life, and I'm almost old enough to be their grandparent!

The Coven seems to have settled down and do what is actually good for the kids. Hoping it will continue. Perhaps the out of control reunion special last year (?) was a wakeup call. 

As for Kail - another one who thrives on drama - if there is none, she will find a way to create it. I used to respect her for being the only one who actually took charge of her life when no one was there for her. She finished college, etc. But that was 2 kids ago. Now, with 3 kids by three different baby daddies, all she seems to do is sit around bitching about the dads while collecting her MTV checks and going on their vacations (sponsored, at least in part, I'm sure) and otherwise figuring out how to spend the money on things she doesn't need (like bigger houses more convenient to the most uninvolved dad). I guess she has her podcast, but I've only seen what is featured on the show. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Psycho Suzy said:

I agree. They've made some good progress and I don't think Devon is there just for the paycheck. He obviously has developed a good relationship with Nova and she would act very shy around him if that weren't true. If he came around just for the MTV check, the coven would certainly check him on that. I do hope he can get his life together. Brianna, too. Gotta hand it to her for still doing her little time-sharing job. I do wonder, though, why they still live in that apartment. Are they saving for some land on which they can build three houses? Or maybe they're saving for the children's college and the day the MTV check is gone.

I think Kailyn is stupid for always moving but understand why she wants 5 bedrooms. Each child will have his own room, she has hers and there also is a guest room. She needs to figure out why that old Dominican man-child doesn't speak, though.

Leah is a dingbat and Jeremy will likely tire of this latest flirtation when he finds a new girlfriend.

Chelsea's mum needs to get a life and Jade needs to chock Sean up to a bad acid trip and leave him for forever, ever. He's a stinking druggie mess. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Leah and Jeremy are doing a huge disservice to Addie. If they want to hook up behind closed doors, fine, but obviously they're not as subtle as they think they are. Leah needs to stop involving her children in adult matters.

Jade, whatever. I think her friends are as tired of hearing about her relationship drama as we are. We get it. Sean's a druggie. Dump him and move on. We don't need constant justification of your life choices. That beauty school looks just as skeezy as Kloie's daycare.

Regarding Chelsea, fast forward two years and she'll be whining that she's too far from everyone and has no help with the kids. 

Is it me or did that house Kail toured look chintzy and dated? I love how a nugget of truth slipped when she mentioned being closer to Chris. Forget about Jo, Javi, the kids' friends and their schools. What really matters is that Kail has close proximity to a man who doesn't want her. 

I really hope Devoin can get his shit together. He has the potential to be a halfway productive human being but always does something to sabotage the momentum. Briana's apartment continues to trigger my OCD. How do they live in that clutter? Also, did anyone else notice the stuff piled on the stovetop? Good grief, that's not a safety hazard at all. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Leah and Jeremy are doing a huge disservice to Addie. If they want to hook up behind closed doors, fine, but obviously they're not as subtle as they think they are. Leah needs to stop involving her children in adult matters.

Jade, whatever. I think her friends are as tired of hearing about her relationship drama as we are. We get it. Sean's a druggie. Dump him and move on. We don't need constant justification of your life choices. That beauty school looks just as skeezy as Kloie's daycare.

Regarding Chelsea, fast forward two years and she'll be whining that she's too far from everyone and has no help with the kids. 

Is it me or did that house Kail toured look chintzy and dated? I love how a nugget of truth slipped when she mentioned being closer to Chris. Forget about Jo, Javi, the kids' friends and their schools. What really matters is that Kail has close proximity to a man who doesn't want her. 

I really hope Devoin can get his shit together. He has the potential to be a halfway productive human being but always does something to sabotage the momentum. Briana's apartment continues to trigger my OCD. How do they live in that clutter? Also, did anyone else notice the stuff piled on the stovetop? Good grief, that's not a safety hazard at all. 

She posted on Twitter last night that the scene was filmed after she had already signed papers on it.  She’s done a massive overhaul on the stairs, walls, etc.  I’m sure she’s hoping Chris will move in to one of those rooms.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I felt empathy for Chelsea's mother. Yes...a 45 minute drive one way isn't that far but when you hit your late 60's and you want to see your grandkids or babysit them, it's a haul to do both ways...especially if you have to return home at night. At any rate, it's a life change for Chelsea's mom. She has become accustomed to seeing her grandkids regularly and babysitting them regularly since they live nearby...now it won't be as convenient for her and for Chelsea as she seemed to need her mother to watch Aubree an awful lot when Aubree was younger and just recently, when Chelsea was going through her panic attacks after their home was ransacked, she picked up the kids and spend five days a week at her mother's house! 

I think Chelsea treats her mother like shit...her condescending and smarmy tone was evident last night. Instead of being kind and understanding of her mom's feelings she was anything but. One approach would have been to hug her mom and say she loves her and that she and Cole appreciate everything she does for the kids and for them and that they will do everything they can to make the transition of their move away from her work out...maybe offer that she could spend the night there on the weekends or they will come to her more often...after all it's only a 45 minute drive LOL! Chelsea and Cole were both acting like brats...yapping about how they have to live their lives for them and the kids not her mother...well, duh! But at least, have some empathy and love for all that Grandma has done for Chelsea and Aubree and the other two kids!  Grandmas want  to feel appreciated and loved...would it have been so hard for spoiled brat Chelsea to hug her mom and be a little understanding?

And yeah...the land is nice but it's out in the boondocks and no neighbors to speak of...looks like Chelsea might be needing her Mama to help out more often than she thinks...true, she will be closer to her Dad but he works full-time and has a wife.

I see where some might feel her mom was being whiny and needy but I understand how she feels...she's divorced, lives alone and her kids and grandkids are the most important people in her life. She should try to develop more friendships and have a social life through her church or a senior organization. It's hard at her age but she's a social person and seems easy to talk to...why is it I have more compassion for her mom that Chelsea does? 

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I felt empathy for Chelsea's mother. Yes...a 45 minute drive one way isn't that far but when you hit your late 60's and you want to see your grandkids or babysit them, it's a haul to do both ways...especially if you have to return home at night. At any rate, it's a life change for Chelsea's mom. She has become accustomed to seeing her grandkids regularly and babysitting them regularly since they live nearby...now it won't be as convenient for her and for Chelsea as she seemed to need her mother to watch Aubree an awful lot when Aubree was younger and just recently, when Chelsea was going through her panic attacks after their home was ransacked, she picked up the kids and spend five days a week at her mother's house! 

I think Chelsea treats her mother like shit...her condescending and smarmy tone was evident last night. Instead of being kind and understanding of her mom's feelings she was anything but. One approach would have been to hug her mom and say she loves her and that she and Cole appreciate everything she does for the kids and for them and that they will do everything they can to make the transition of their move away from her work out...maybe offer that she could spend the night there on the weekends or they will come to her more often...after all it's only a 45 minute drive LOL! Chelsea and Cole were both acting like brats...yapping about how they have to live their lives for them and the kids not her mother...well, duh! But at least, have some empathy and love for all that Grandma has done for Chelsea and Aubree and the other two kids!  Grandmas want  to feel appreciated and loved...would it have been so hard for spoiled brat Chelsea to hug her mom and be a little understanding?

And yeah...the land is nice but it's out in the boondocks and no neighbors to speak of...looks like Chelsea might be needing her Mama to help out more often than she thinks...true, she will be closer to her Dad but he works full-time and has a wife.

I see where some might feel her mom was being whiny and needy but I understand how she feels...she's divorced, lives alone and her kids and grandkids are the most important people in her life. She should try to develop more friendships and have a social life through her church or a senior organization. It's hard at her age but she's a social person and seems easy to talk to...why is it I have more compassion for her mom that Chelsea does? 

I agree with everything you said. But that land looked like a dream to me.  No neighbors. Peace and quiet.   I live in the country now.  Always have.  Except I have a neighbor who is a little too gun happy and shoots all the freaking time.  No law against that in our county.  Trust me, I’ve called.  We are the only county in Texas that doesn’t have a ten acre minimum to shoot.  😐 I’m an introvert.  I’m all about peace and quiet and being left alone. Ha!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Ugh Kail in the preview for the next episode. My son needs to experience a month in Hawaii right now! Even if I don't have permission to take him. I can do whatever I want!  🙄

I have to say that it just seems ridiculous that so far this season all we have seen is Kail and Leah going on vacations...how many frickin vacations does Kail need to take ??? So far she's been to Mexico, Costa Rica and now Hawaii??? Leah was in Costa Rica and Florida and now Hawaii...what am I missing here? Neither of these girls work...why do they need to have all these vacations??? This just disgusts me to no end...they lay around their house all day, talk on the phone and do next to nothing. But they need three vacations?? Working single moms struggling to put food on the table should be outraged at the kind of narrative  MTV is putting out there...and why is MTV going to all this expense and trouble to film these "vacations" anyway? One thought would be there are no storylines for these girls anymore...I don't need to see anymore beach scenes with Kail's fat ass in a bad bathing suit and all the other redundant stuff that we've already seen this season on their other girl trips.

3 hours ago, Mkay said:

I agree with everything you said. But that land looked like a dream to me.  No neighbors. Peace and quiet.   I live in the country now.  Always have.  Except I have a neighbor who is a little too gun happy and shoots all the freaking time.  No law against that in our county.  Trust me, I’ve called.  We are the only county in Texas that doesn’t have a ten acre minimum to shoot.  😐 I’m an introvert.  I’m all about peace and quiet and being left alone. Ha!

I get that but having raised three kids I know I couldn't have survived living in a place that had no neighbors with other little kids for my kids to play with...plus, I liked having other moms to talk to occasionally and have a cup of coffee with.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Sure you did Chelsea....

Lol, right? There was nothing about Chelsea's attitude during that conversation that was reassuring. She's always a snotty brat to her Mom. 

Cole mentioned his parents were upset and Aubree didn't seem thrilled about switching schools, so apparently neither of them cares too much about how moving an hour away affects those around them.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes!!!! It’s none of the girls business who their Mom is dating or hooking up with. I’m not mad at them because she’s created this dynamic, and the girls aren’t even teens yet. Why?!!!!! Doesn’t she have FRIENDS to shoot the shit with??

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, right? There was nothing about Chelsea's attitude during that conversation that was reassuring. She's always a snotty brat to her Mom. 

Cole mentioned his parents were upset and Aubree didn't seem thrilled about switching schools, so apparently neither of them cares too much about how moving an hour away affects those around them.  

Is she the baby of the family? I don’t dislike her but I think she takes both of her parents for granted and can be bratty with both of them...more with her mom because Randy seems to be less tolerant of her bratty behavior. 

I can see Aubree being really bored out there once she’s around 14 or 15.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes!!!! It’s none of the girls business who their Mom is dating or hooking up with. I’m not mad at them because she’s created this dynamic, and the girls aren’t even teens yet. Why?!!!!! Doesn’t she have FRIENDS to shoot the shit with??

She seems to have zero boundaries with her kids. They just walk all over her and treat her like she’s a peer! Wait until they are teenagers...that’s going to be  very interesting 🤔 

• Love 8

I’m of two minds about Chelsea-

1. She does need to watch her tone with her mother. My Mom would slap the black off of me if I kept up that snotty annoyed tone she gets with Mary all the time. 

2. Mary was being a bit dramatic. I understand driving in a South Dakota winter, but Chelsea and Cole should be driving to HER not the other way around, and they have a right to move if they want. Mary isn’t old (isn’t she under 60???), she’s not sick, she’s just lonely- which isn’t Chelsea’s fault. 

Now I do live upstairs from my Mom (I have a two flat and she and my sister live downstairs) which she LOVES because I am there to do her bidding at the drop of a hat, BUT when my Mom was Mary’s age I was 1000 miles away in NOLA and she did fine. 

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m of two minds about Chelsea-

1. She does need to watch her tone with her mother. My Mom would slap the black off of me if I kept up that snotty annoyed tone she gets with Doris all the time. 

2. Doris was being a bit dramatic. I understand driving in a South Dakota winter, but Chelsea and Cole should be driving to HER not the other way around, and they have a right to move if they want. Doris isn’t old (isn’t she under 60???), she’s not sick, she’s just lonely- which isn’t Chelsea’s fault. 

Now I do live upstairs from my Mom (I have a two flat and she and my sister live downstairs) which she LOVES because I am there to do her bidding at the drop of a hat, BUT when my Mom was Doris’ age I was 1000 miles away in NOLA and she did fine. 

I think it is more of an emotional vacancy that Chelsea's mom is experiencing. Her life was very much intertwined with Chelsea's for a long time. She was supportive to Chelsea when she needed her and was very much the go to grandparent when Chelsea needed a babysitter. She enjoyed going to the kids activities and participating in their family celebrations. I don't get that entitled vibe from her mom...just a sense of loss that at some point soon they will no longer be close by and that she will not be seeing them as much anymore. I don't think she was being "dramatic"...I think she was expressing a true emotion and even some sorrow that she won't be in her grandkids lives as much anymore. No one is saying that her feelings are the fault of Chelsea...just saying that she could be more empathetic and reassuring to her mom. She's a lucky girl to have a mom that helps her at a drop of the hat and takes such good care of the kids when they are with her...I never had that.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I always wonder why her and Randy split up and if maybe (Lois) did something that maked Chelsea not stand her own mother. 

I always wonder this too! Something has to explain why Chelsea talks to her mom like that! I don’t agree with her switching Aubree’s school either, Aubree has been through enough upheaval. They already live out in the countryside so it’s not going to be quieter. Chelsea will want to move again in another couple of years. Selfish decision. 

Sidenote- isn’t Chelsea’s moms name Mary? Some people call her Doris and some Lois ? I don’t get it ? 

Leah’s girls are basically already teenagers, sad that she has robbed them of their childhood and innocence. Gracie might as well be 14 the way she acts. 

• Love 2

I was surprised that after Chelsea's supposed anxiety attacks she'd want to live in such a big open space with no neighbors.  I'd feel more vulnerable in such a big space.  I don't think her mother was inappropriate, but I don't think Chelsea was either.  I think a 45 minutes drive is nothing, but it almost seemed as if Chelsea's mother was dropping in after work and she won't be able to do that.  In states like South Dakota, I'd think drives that length are the norm.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, weaver said:

Now I am completely confused.  To which house is this article referring?  My understanding is that there was no house on the new property; they'd be building from scratch.

https://realityblurb.com/2018/10/25/photos-teen-mom-2-star-chelsea-houska-drops-418000-on-5-bedroom-home-in-south-dakota-see-pics-of-chelseas-new-house/

That's the house they're moving from.  They literally JUST bought that house.  It got broken into, so she wanted to move.  She kept talking about loving the country (she's another that just loves what her husband loves, much like Jenelle) and loving the house, now she wants a different one.

Watching Lois last night, I see where Chelsea gets her neediness from.  But I did feel bad for her mom in a way.  And as much as she does for Chelsea, she should have been a little more sympathetic.  

2 hours ago, BARISTA said:

Sidenote- isn’t Chelsea’s moms name Mary? Some people call her Doris and some Lois ? I don’t get it ? 

It is Mary.  Lois comes from Family Guy.  Some say her mom reminds them of the mom on Family Guy, Lois.  I don't know where Doris came in.  I read that too and was giggling because she does look like a Doris.  

I was appalled that Leah was letting her kids look through her phone.  They have no boundaries.  Then she's giggling like a school girl.  They should not be privy to that information.  I can see Gracie being pregnant at 16 just like her mom.  

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought Mary was being really whiny and needy.

In other words, sorta like Chelsea is with her dad and Cole?

Just kidding, sort of.

45 minutes would be a big deal to me. Heck, I changed my work hours so I can shave off 20 minutes of commute time.   That being said,  other people don't have a problem with driving a lot and longer distances might just be a fact of life where Chelsea lives.   I do feel sorry for Aubree though.  With two little kids, Chelsea's time is already more compromised, so I can imagine a scenario where she says she's too tired or anxious to drive Aubree somewhere that Aubree wants to go.  

• Love 7

I really hope Devoin gets it together. I do think he's sincere in regretting his actions that day at the pool.

12 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I was appalled that Leah was letting her kids look through her phone.  They have no boundaries.  Then she's giggling like a school girl.  They should not be privy to that information.  I can see Gracie being pregnant at 16 just like her mom.  

I was too and I was afraid they might accidentally come across a dick pic from Jeremy.

Also, did Kail really say in the preview they're going to Hawaii for a month?? That can't be right. Of course her new house is closer to Chris so he can "help".

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

In other words, sorta like Chelsea is with her dad and Cole?

Just kidding, sort of.

45 minutes would be a big deal to me. Heck, I changed my work hours so I can shave off 20 minutes of commute time.   That being said,  other people don't have a problem with driving a lot and longer distances might just be a fact of life where Chelsea lives.   I do feel sorry for Aubree though.  With two little kids, Chelsea's time is already more compromised, so I can imagine a scenario where she says she's too tired or anxious to drive Aubree somewhere that Aubree wants to go.  

I feel for Aubree as well. Mary is able to drive at least and can see the children when Chelsea invites her. Aubree cannot. She can't see grandma or her old friends until it is convenient for the adults in her life.

I'm an introvert and love peace and quiet--but tween and teen kids often do not. They (usually) crave peer interaction outside of school. Aubree is nearing the stage where helping to take care of her younger sibs will lose its appeal.

I get it, adults make the decisions and kids have to adjust-- but I hope Chelsea and Cole are sensitive to Aubree's feelings and at lease acknowledge them.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, kicksave said:

She seems to have zero boundaries with her kids. They just walk all over her and treat her like she’s a peer! Wait until they are teenagers...that’s going to be  very interesting 🤔 

I suspect Leah will put the twins on hormonal birth control as soon as they reach high school and figure all her bases are covered. Maybe she'll also be the 'cool' parent who hosts underage drinking parties while confiscating car keys under the rationalization "well, at least you'll be drinking here where I can watch you and not out driving around".

Addie on the other hand...she's going to get pregnant in high school, I'm just sure of it. I think Jeremy won't let Leah put her on BC, insisting on abstinence instead (which you know, always works).

1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

It is Mary.  Lois comes from Family Guy.  Some say her mom reminds them of the mom on Family Guy, Lois.  I don't know where Doris came in.  I read that too and was giggling because she does look like a Doris.  

Doris is Nathan's mother's name...wonder if that got worked into Mary/Lois somehow.

Chelsea has always kind of taken her parents for granted, I think, but in fairness they have always enabled that. And at least she seems somewhat grateful for them, unlike some of her counterparts.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I'm an introvert and love peace and quiet--but tween and teen kids often do not. They (usually) crave peer interaction outside of school. Aubree is nearing the stage where helping to take care of her younger sibs will lose its appeal.

My best friend lived in the country going up. 2nd grade through high school graduation.   I don't recall us having any issues hanging out or her hanging out with other friends.  Aubree will be fine. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

My best friend lived in the country going up. 2nd grade through high school graduation.   I don't recall us having any issues hanging out or her hanging out with other friends.  Aubree will be fine. 

Ymmv--I don't think Aubree will be scarred for life, but different kids react to things differently. I really have no idea how Aubree feels--just speculation on my part. It does depend on how much Chelsea is willing to drive.

We moved to a less developed, country-ish area when my daughter was in 5th grade and she missed the old neighborhood where her friends were right across the street (townhouses). So I guess my perspective is colored by my experience--as are everyone's, I guess.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kicksave said:

I think it is more of an emotional vacancy that Chelsea's mom is experiencing. Her life was very much intertwined with Chelsea's for a long time. She was supportive to Chelsea when she needed her and was very much the go to grandparent when Chelsea needed a babysitter. She enjoyed going to the kids activities and participating in their family celebrations. I don't get that entitled vibe from her mom...just a sense of loss that at some point soon they will no longer be close by and that she will not be seeing them as much anymore. I don't think she was being "dramatic"...I think she was expressing a true emotion and even some sorrow that she won't be in her grandkids lives as much anymore. No one is saying that her feelings are the fault of Chelsea...just saying that she could be more empathetic and reassuring to her mom. She's a lucky girl to have a mom that helps her at a drop of the hat and takes such good care of the kids when they are with her...I never had that.

My Mother is my favorite being in the entire world, she gave me life and would take a bullet for me, I will honor and treasure her until her dying breath, BUT boundaries are healthy in any relationship. It’s not Chelsea’s job to be Mary’s only source of companionship and entertainment. It’s 45 minutes away! Yes I think out of respect to the elders Chelsea and Cole should be driving to them to see the grandchildren etc (not the other way around, I drive to see my elders and would never suggest making them come see me), but Mary was being a bit of a baby and emotionally immature. “I have no one?” I’m sure that’s not true- she’s got three other typical daughters! Doesn’t she have friends and a social life?

As close as I am to my Mom, I believe if I left this building and moved 45min away she would be a little sad, but she would never complain to me about it (so long as the bills are paid, and the snow was shoveled etc) and she would be too damn proud to say on camera “I have no one, you’re so far!”

I can see why Chelsea would get annoyed with that behavior BUT that does not excuse being disrespectful to your Mother ever. You were willing to put up with her neediness when you wanted a babysitter, even if you think she’s being ridic be nice to her and complain to Cole later. 

51 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Chelsea has always kind of taken her parents for granted, I think, but in fairness they have always enabled that. And at least she seems somewhat grateful for them, unlike some of her counterparts.

I do think Chelsea genuinely loves her parents, and knows they will always have her back. I have no doubt she will be dutiful as they age, but she does get snippy sometimes, which I think is part 1. Personality, 2. Cultural expectations, 3. Being the baby of the family. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Ymmv--I don't think Aubree will be scarred for life, but different kids react to things differently. I really have no idea how Aubree feels--just speculation on my part. It does depend on how much Chelsea is willing to drive.

And this is where I feel bad for Aubree because we've seen two things that have shown Chelsea not drive.  A) her anxiety B) going out alone with all 3 kids at once.  If Aubree wants to go somewhere and one of those creeps up, I guess Aubree will have to stay put.  Granted, parents shouldn't drop everything to cater to their kids needs, but those have played a factor in plans before in that household. 

• Love 6

I felt badly for Mary; and, and the same time, didn't think Chelsea was out of line. 

Mary isn't a bad person. I get where she's coming from. 45 minutes isn't horrible, but it is a lot different than 10-15 minutes. That being said, I've always found Mary to be very emotionally manipulative. She really tries to make you feel bad for her. She acts like a little girl. And I remember her often being really inappropriate about the Adumb stuff. So I think Chelsea just comes into situations ready for her mom to try to guilt her. 

Chelsea did also tell her mother that THEY would make sure she gets to see her grandkids. I believe it. She and Cole are pretty family oriented anyway. I'm mostly concerned with Aubree. I hope she adjusts okay. It's certainly not the first time kids have had to change schools and leave their friends, though. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That being said, I've always found Mary to be very emotionally manipulative. She really tries to make you feel bad for her. She acts like a little girl.

Lol, Chelsea's the exact same way. Pushing 30 and can't even take her kids to a doctor's appointment or the grocery store on her own. I can see the exact same dynamic playing out with Aubree in fifteen years. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7