Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E23: Walk the Walk

druzy
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure what the whole spectacle is with Chelsea moving. It's 45 minutes away. not 3 hours. I live an hour and a half away from both my parents and my in laws and they are doing just fine. My problem with ALL of these girls is that all they do is get pregnant, go on vacations and buy new houses. I contribute to this shit show, but how does Dr. Drew still attribute this show to the decrease in teen pregnancies? He is such a quack. If i'm a teenager watching this, this show definitely is NOT keeping me away from getting pregnant. It would just give me false hope that this is what life is really like if you do get pregnant. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

I suspect Leah will put the twins on hormonal birth control as soon as they reach high school and figure all her bases are covered. Maybe she'll also be the 'cool' parent who hosts underage drinking parties while confiscating car keys under the rationalization "well, at least you'll be drinking here where I can watch you and not out driving around".

Agreed.  I don't even think she's a bad person (save for not educating herself on getting more help for Ali, but I think that's ignorance not malice.)  I think she has a good heart, but she is very, very immature, not that bright, and has no incentive to change anything.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, Chelsea's the exact same way. Pushing 30 and can't even take her kids to a doctor's appointment or the grocery store on her own. I can see the exact same dynamic playing out with Aubree in fifteen years. 

It's possible. The cycle does repeat itself, unfortunately. Chelsea was the baby, so it's possible Mary leaned on her, emotionally, post divorce. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Chelsea has gotten better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I've seen her take the kids places by herself. It isn't always easy, so I don't begrudge her if she gets stressed doing so. I have 3 kids very close in age. My husband now owns his own business and has a lot more flexibility with his hours. If I CAN get his help, I will. Why not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 10/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, Dance4Life said:

Ahhhhh.....talk is cheap!

Parenting is 24/7....365. 

Their mom is still dick chasing everywhere.... but, Florida. 

And, Devoin came to film his MTV scene for that paycheck.

WHY are they still living in that apartment???

Is it free rent??????

Brianna revealed in August that she has been building a huge house. I'm not a follower, but she revealed on social media the progress with the construction.

As much as that apartment triggers a lot of us viewers, I'm actually really proud to know that they were living like that so she could save up for a house. 

Wow, a teen mom sacrificing some comfortability for the greater good. I'm impressed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I wonder if the Coven is being portrayed more rationally because they now have Jade to bring the chaos and madness that Jenelle used to bring and Brianna was supposed to supplement?

• Love 2

So is Chelsea moving to a more remote location in the hope that it'll relieve her anxiety or is it for security reasons?  I am assuming that Aubree had to switch schools when they moved into the current house, so she'll have to switch schools again?  

If Aubree goes to visit Adumb's parents and something goes awry, they will also have a longer drive.  Yes, it's not 3 hours, but they can't be there as quickly to fetch Aubree.  

Aubree is a good kid and will probably adjust to a new school just fine, but she's already been through a lot.  I'm just afraid they're thinking of their younger kids and not the original one as much.

Jade, you're making people from Indiana look bad (or worse - thanks to Amber).  I promise I never grew up with people even close to those two - we're not really like that at all.

Kail & Leah - both chasing guys still.  Lock your damn phone Leah.  They are your daughters not your contemporaries.  Kail, a big house won't make Chris love you.  Is she stalking him - so the shorter drive would make it easier? Or is she hoping just to run into him while out and about?  

Brianna acted very mature re: Nova and her dad - and I was shocked, but good move.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Brianna revealed in August that she has been building a huge house. I'm not a follower, but she revealed on social media the progress with the construction.

As much as that apartment triggers a lot of us viewers, I'm actually really proud to know that they were living like that so she could save up for a house. 

Wow, a teen mom sacrificing some comfortability for the greater good. I'm impressed. 

Yeah. I wouldn’t want to live with my mother, but I’m not bothered by 2 adults and 2 kids living in an apartment. No, Brianna and her mom aren’t in the same situation as a romantic couple but it’s not THAT crowed. The kids are still super small. In Brianna’s situation I too would’ve lived in a smaller apartment in the best neighborhood I could afford. Also they are in Orlando, If I recall their complex as a pool and all that. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And this is where I feel bad for Aubree because we've seen two things that have shown Chelsea not drive.  A) her anxiety B) going out alone with all 3 kids at once.  If Aubree wants to go somewhere and one of those creeps up, I guess Aubree will have to stay put.  Granted, parents shouldn't drop everything to cater to their kids needs, but those have played a factor in plans before in that household. 

Let's not act like Grandpa Randy or Grandma Mary wouldn't drop everything to come pick up Aubree to give her a ride wherever she wanted.  (Remember how Chelsea called Randy at work when Adam sent her those awful texts about baby Aubree and Randy left work to come home to comfort Chelsea?)  Let's be real - almost anything the kids/grandkids ask for will be done by Randy & Mary, as has been the case since Chelsea's 16&P episode.  It may mean it will take them longer to get to Chelsea & family, but they'll still do it for as long as they physically can. Chelsea's mom isn't even 60 yet (the internet tells me she's 57) and seems in good health, so she'll be able to make that drive (and willing to do so) for several years to come unless she has some unforeseen major medical issue.  I think Randy is the same age (or around it) and could definitely focus more on getting healthy to be around longer, but I don't think he's close to "too old" to refuse to do something Chelsea/Aubree asks yet based on the drive alone.  Chelsea's step-mom Rita apparently isn't into being on camera much, but she has a strong relationship with Aubree (she's Grandma Rita, who've we heard referenced over the years) and would probably help out if needed as well. I'd be thankful as heck for 3 adults 45 minutes away who were in their late 50s who could come help me/regularly come see their grandkids (my parents and in-laws are farther away & in their 70s).  I'm frankly jealous at how short of a distance it is even it's 45 minutes away from grandparents and jealous that Randy & Mary (and Rita) are still young enough to be active/regularly involved in their grandkids' lives even if it is less than when Chelsea lived 5 minutes away.

I'm sure Grandpa & Grandma would give rides/figure out rides for Aubree if Chelsea couldn't/wouldn't drive her to the mall (or whatever tweens are hanging out these days). Same with if Chelsea needs some help with the kids - you can bet Randy or Mary would be over in 45 minutes if she asked. 

If TM2 continues for a few more seasons, we'll likely see Aubree driving soon anyway.  The driving age in SD is 14. If the TM2 $ is still flowing, Chelsea will probably get Aubree a vehicle so she can drive herself around while Chelsea cares for the smaller kids. I don't think it'll be a big issue/change in Chelsea's life except now she will have to wait a full 45 minutes for help from Mary or Randy to appear instead of 5-10 minutes. 

Also, bless Mary's heart, but she's Mary.  She's sweet & a nice, good person....but remember how she'd do things like ask Chelsea if she'd seen/heard from/thought of A-D-A-M (in front of Aubree) back in the pre-Cole days (and even when Chelsea seemed to be getting over him and had realized she shouldn't talk so much about A-D-A-M in front of Aubree)? Chelsea rightfully seemed annoyed.  Or when she got her car stuck in a snow drift & Chelsea & friends had to push her out several season ago? 

I think it's possible that perhaps Cole desires some distance between himself and Mary (although I'm sure he loves her and is grateful for what she does for him & his family).  He probably can't come out and say it or act like it on TV....but if Mary was your mother-in-law wouldn't you want a little more space between you and her than just a few minutes? I'd love to have Mary as my MIL, but I think a buffer of a 45 minute drive or so might just be the sweet spot for how close I'd want her. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

So is Chelsea moving to a more remote location in the hope that it'll relieve her anxiety or is it for security reasons?  I am assuming that Aubree had to switch schools when they moved into the current house, so she'll have to switch schools again?  

If Aubree goes to visit Adumb's parents and something goes awry, they will also have a longer drive.  Yes, it's not 3 hours, but they can't be there as quickly to fetch Aubree.  

Aubree is a good kid and will probably adjust to a new school just fine, but she's already been through a lot.  I'm just afraid they're thinking of their younger kids and not the original one as much.

They currently live in Chancellor, SD which is on the outskirts of Sioux Falls and bought property in Vermillion, SD, home to the University of South Dakota and closer to Sioux City. Both properties are semi-rural but neither are remote.  

No idea where Adam's parents live.  I mean, really, who cares? For all we know this might be closer to them.  

Chelsea grew up in Vermillion and I believe that's also where Randy's dental practice is so her Mom may be a little jealous.  Being a college town, it might have more to offer, better school district, etc.  In any case, all they did is buy property.  It seems premature to talk about how moving might ruin Aubree's life when they haven't even put a shovel in the ground. 

• Love 9
On 10/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, kicksave said:

Sure you did Chelsea....

Hey, guess what.  I had a disagreement with my mom today.  Guess who knew about it?  Me and my mom. Guess who did not get paid for it?  Me. 

Fuck off Chelsea.  Get off TV if you want to complain about how you are portrayed and what is cut out.  

• Love 10
On 10/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Let's not act like Grandpa Randy or Grandma Mary wouldn't drop everything to come pick up Aubree to give her a ride wherever she wanted.  (Remember how Chelsea called Randy at work when Adam sent her those awful texts about baby Aubree and Randy left work to come home to comfort Chelsea?)  Let's be real - almost anything the kids/grandkids ask for will be done by Randy & Mary, as has been the case since Chelsea's 16&P episode.  It may mean it will take them longer to get to Chelsea & family, but they'll still do it for as long as they physically can. Chelsea's mom isn't even 60 yet (the internet tells me she's 57) and seems in good health, so she'll be able to make that drive (and willing to do so) for several years to come unless she has some unforeseen major medical issue.  I think Randy is the same age (or around it) and could definitely focus more on getting healthy to be around longer, but I don't think he's close to "too old" to refuse to do something Chelsea/Aubree asks yet based on the drive alone.  Chelsea's step-mom Rita apparently isn't into being on camera much, but she has a strong relationship with Aubree (she's Grandma Rita, who've we heard referenced over the years) and would probably help out if needed as well. I'd be thankful as heck for 3 adults 45 minutes away who were in their late 50s who could come help me/regularly come see their grandkids (my parents and in-laws are farther away & in their 70s).  I'm frankly jealous at how short of a distance it is even it's 45 minutes away from grandparents and jealous that Randy & Mary (and Rita) are still young enough to be active/regularly involved in their grandkids' lives even if it is less than when Chelsea lived 5 minutes away.

I'm sure Grandpa & Grandma would give rides/figure out rides for Aubree if Chelsea couldn't/wouldn't drive her to the mall (or whatever tweens are hanging out these days). Same with if Chelsea needs some help with the kids - you can bet Randy or Mary would be over in 45 minutes if she asked. 

If TM2 continues for a few more seasons, we'll likely see Aubree driving soon anyway.  The driving age in SD is 14. If the TM2 $ is still flowing, Chelsea will probably get Aubree a vehicle so she can drive herself around while Chelsea cares for the smaller kids. I don't think it'll be a big issue/change in Chelsea's life except now she will have to wait a full 45 minutes for help from Mary or Randy to appear instead of 5-10 minutes. 

Also, bless Mary's heart, but she's Mary.  She's sweet & a nice, good person....but remember how she'd do things like ask Chelsea if she'd seen/heard from/thought of A-D-A-M (in front of Aubree) back in the pre-Cole days (and even when Chelsea seemed to be getting over him and had realized she shouldn't talk so much about A-D-A-M in front of Aubree)? Chelsea rightfully seemed annoyed.  Or when she got her car stuck in a snow drift & Chelsea & friends had to push her out several season ago? 

I think it's possible that perhaps Cole desires some distance between himself and Mary (although I'm sure he loves her and is grateful for what she does for him & his family).  He probably can't come out and say it or act like it on TV....but if Mary was your mother-in-law wouldn't you want a little more space between you and her than just a few minutes? I'd love to have Mary as my MIL, but I think a buffer of a 45 minute drive or so might just be the sweet spot for how close I'd want her. 

I’ve seen a lot worse mothers in law than Mary! And IMO, if Cole doesn’t like her then don’t ask her to babysit for you all the time or accompany you on family vacations so she can sit in hotel room the whole time tending to your spawn like an unpaid nanny. Furthermore, Mary works...she isn’t just sitting around the house lonely all day. She has a job and sometimes runs to Aubree’s games after work or makes herself available to sit for them after work. I wish I had all that free childcare when my three were young...sheesh! 

• Love 7
On 10/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm not sure what the whole spectacle is with Chelsea moving. It's 45 minutes away. not 3 hours. I live an hour and a half away from both my parents and my in laws and they are doing just fine. My problem with ALL of these girls is that all they do is get pregnant, go on vacations and buy new houses. I contribute to this shit show, but how does Dr. Drew still attribute this show to the decrease in teen pregnancies? He is such a quack. If i'm a teenager watching this, this show definitely is NOT keeping me away from getting pregnant. It would just give me false hope that this is what life is really like if you do get pregnant. 

Amen to that...ALL that!

• Love 1