Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

What's the deal with the mom? Kind of meth face.

My 100 year old granny was watching and called her horse face. I think that's being kind.

I vote some mental illness with Steven the male model.  Mainly, because his goal is to be a male model.  He seems to have delusional ideas and paranoia.  Every point that DP brings up, Steven says 'oh no that's wrong', but then DP starts detailing facts and proof, and Steven backs down and says 'well, yes, I did say that but I meant it this way'.   Not sure why the girlfriend is so blind.

There's nothing wrong with him other than he's a spoiled, arrogant, self-centered, entitled little shit that's always had anything he wanted, when he wanted. The parents did him a huge disservice by spoiling him rotten.

• Love 2

New shows except for Thursday on Thanksgiving.

Monday - November 23, 2015

Was This Teacher Drunk in Her Elementary School Classroom?

Bad teacher? Michelle made headlines when she was accused of the unthinkable: showing up drunk to substitute teach children at an Oklahoma elementary school. Police say Michelle's blood-alcohol level was three times the legal limit. And her encounter with the police in the school parking lot was all caught on camera in what many believe looked like a lesson in bad behavior. But was Michelle really inebriated when she went to work? She swears there's another explanation for her appearance -- but will it pass the test? Then, don’t miss a preview of Dr. Phil’s guest role on the CW comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend!

Tuesday - November 24, 2015

"My Crazy Childhood: My Dad Was The Breast Pump Bandit and His Mistress Lived in Our House"

Lauren says she resents her parents, Laura and John, for the life she says she lived as a teen. She claims that Laura neglected to teach her any life skills and encouraged her to drop out of high school in the eleventh grade and that John was more of a friend than a parent, who drank alcohol and used drugs with her and her teenage friends. John admits he was the “party dad,” who even hosted parties at his house, but says he used drugs and alcohol as a way to bond with Lauren. But is this just the tip of the iceberg? Lauren also claims that her dad had multiple affairs – including one with her mom’s best friend – and that her mom stole her identity and racked up $50,000 in debt – a claim Laura denies. Then, Dr. Phil drops the bombshell that John spent nearly two years behind bars and was dubbed the “Breast Pump Bandit” by his city’s local news, for stealing thousands of dollars’ worth of breast pumps and selling them online. Hear what Dr. Phil has to say when he learns John allegedly used Lauren as an unknowing accomplice in his shoplifting heists! Plus, learn why Laura says she allowed John to bring other woman to live with them -- while she slept on the couch! It’s a Dr. Phil episode you cannot miss!

Wednesday - November 25, 2015

The Unbelievable Story of the Breast Pump Bandit: His Affairs, His Addictions, His Excuses

On Tuesday, amid claims of drinking and doing drugs with teenagers and extramarital affairs, Dr. Phil revealed that Lauren’s father, John, had been dubbed the “Breast Pump Bandit” by his city’s local news, for stealing thousands of dollars’ worth of breast pumps and selling them online -- and admitted to taking Lauren on some of his shoplifting heists. Today, John admits that he’s addicted to Xanax and crack cocaine, and to stealing from Lauren’s mother to support his habit. Lauren says she wants her mom to kick him out of their lives once and for all. How does Laura respond? It’s a shocking conclusion you don’t want to miss!

Thursday - November 26, 2015 (REPEAT)

MMA Fighter Sick of Battling Outside the Ring with Ex-Wife over Their Son

MMA fighter Eddie has spent the past eight years battling his ex-wife, Melissa, in court over custody of their son. Melissa has lost custody twice, but she claims Eddie and his wife, Ashley, were only awarded custody because he’s a local celebrity. Eddie, Ashley and Melissa can’t be at the same place together without causing an ugly scene in front of their son. This includes his youth baseball games -- all caught on video. Can these parents agree to co-parent peacefully for the sake of their son’s well-being, or is it too late?

Friday - November 27, 2015

Out of Control, Out of Patience and Out of Time

Jennifer says she’s at her wits’ end with her 13-year-old son’s behavioral problems. She says he’s angry and violent, starts fires, threatens to kill people and claims he sees vampires who tell him what to do. Jennifer says her son is so out of control that she, her boyfriend and their two children sleep in a locked bedroom for safety. After five hospitalizations, countless therapists and a myriad of prescribed medications, Jennifer says she’s out of options. Dr. Phil takes a look at the family’s home videos -- and calls some parenting techniques into question. What's at the root of the boy's bad behavior? And, Jennifer’s son opens up about what life is like in his family. What, if anything, might Jennifer be doing wrong? And, how can they calm the chaos and get this teen on the right path?

If that substitute got sober and is doing well, I am happy for her & her family. However, I would have expected her to have found a better hair care regimen once she sobered up. I figured her hot mess'do was because she was too drunk to fix it properly. And let's face it, no one expects perfectly coifed mug shots (plural!), right? Especially right after all that belligerent arguing in the back seat of a police car. But damn if her post rehab hair was as tragic as her "I gots me the h1n1 virus with an abscessed tooth so I self medicated at 8am" hair. Maybe all the hair salons in town are in cohoots with the school principal and are out to get her too?

And Dr. Phil never asked the one question I'm dying to know the answer to; what wine pairs best with hotel room service bacon and eggs?

• Love 4

If that substitute got sober and is doing well, I am happy for her & her family. However, I would have expected her to have found a better hair care regimen once she sobered up. I figured her hot mess'do was because she was too drunk to fix it properly. And let's face it, no one expects perfectly coifed mug shots (plural!), right? Especially right after all that belligerent arguing in the back seat of a police car. But damn if her post rehab hair was as tragic as her "I gots me the h1n1 virus with an abscessed tooth so I self medicated at 8am" hair. Maybe all the hair salons in town are in cohoots with the school principal and are out to get her too?

And Dr. Phil never asked the one question I'm dying to know the answer to; what wine pairs best with hotel room service bacon and eggs?

Get out of my head!!!! Really a perfect post. I wanted to comb her through the screen!

I think in today's episode that the parents are making everything so much worse, and I noticed how she always acted like her son was just some stranger in her house. I wanted to yell at the TV that they're all your children, not just the ones with the stupid boyfriend. I really hope that this poor kid is taken away, you can tell the "boyfriend" only wants his own kids and piss on hers. I am sooooo angry right now!! And that so-called "grandma" doesn't deserve the title at all. My granddaughter could burn down the world and I would still love her. You can dislike the actions without disliking the child.

Edited to add-  I'm commenting as I'm watching so forgive me if everything is settled by the time you read this.

Edited by SherriAnt
  • Love 2

All New Shows This Week

Monday - November 30, 2015

Mama's Little Boy or Daddy's Little Girl: Identity Confusion or Brainwashing?

Michelle and her ex-husband, Kyle, say when their daughter Aubrey was born intersex, they agreed to raise her as a girl. Until recently, they say they’ve been co-parenting Aubrey, now 4, as a girl, but Michelle claims Aubrey has been insisting that she’s a boy, so Michelle says she traded in Aubrey’s “girl” toys, clothes and hairstyle to appease her child’s wishes. Kyle says he was furious when he saw that Michelle cut Aubrey’s long hair without consulting him – and ever since, Aubrey has been living as a boy with his mom during the week, and as a girl with her dad on the weekends. Kyle’s current wife, Brittany, says she’s been running interference and wrote to Dr. Phil in a desperate attempt to end this gender war. Can Dr. Phil help these parents become a united front for the sake of their child?

Tuesday - December 1, 2015

TV Star Nicholas Brendon Update: The Real Man Behind the News Scandals and Arrests

In his first Dr. Phil appearance, actor Nicholas Brendon, best known for his role as “Xander Harris” on the hit TV show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and Kevin Lynch on “Criminal Minds,” abruptly walked off the stage shortly after the interview began, and later posted to Facebook that he “pulled the plug” because he felt Dr. Phil “went for the jugular.” Then, just a few weeks after the show aired, the embattled actor had another run-in with the law. On September 30, he was arrested for the sixth time and charged with two counts of criminal mischief, one count of obstruction of breathing, and one count of robbery in the third degree. Nicholas admits that he continues to struggle with alcoholism and depression and says he’s even considered suicide. But now he says, he’s ready to face his demons and get back to doing what he loves most -- acting. Is Nicholas willing make the hard choices and take the necessary steps to save his career and possibly, his life?

Wednesday - December 2, 2015

Three Sisters Divided: "Our Sister’s Self-Destructive Behavior Is Killing Our Mother and Could Land Her Behind Bars"

Three sisters, Elvia, Erica and Tiffany, say they like to call themselves the “Mexican Kardashians,” because on the outside, they’re educated and beautiful. But behind closed doors, they admit that their family is more “dramatic, chaotic and broken,” than glamourous. They say they’re always fighting with each other or with their mother, Janie, and Elvia and Erica claim the main source of conflict is Tiffany. They claim Tiffany is irresponsible, rude and emotionally and verbally abusive to Janie, with whom Tiffany lives rent-free. They say Tiffany recently vandalized her ex-boyfriend’s house and caused $20,000 worth of damage, and that her non-stop drama is taking a toll on their mother’s health. Elvia and Erica also claim that Tiffany is a “sugar baby” and worry that her promiscuity is putting her in dangerous situations. Tiffany denies being abusive to Janie, and says she’s just “addicted to love” and can’t be alone. Can Dr. Phil help these feuding sisters call a truce?

Thursday - December 3, 2015

“My Husband vs. My Lying Ex: Time is Running Out for This Wife Caught in the Middle”

John, 34, says his wife, Adriane, 34, was diagnosed with terminal cancer and fears that when she’s gone, he’ll have to co-parent her two children with her ex-husband, Rick. John and Adriane claim Rick is a narcissist and drug addict who steals from his children and refuses to pay child support. Rick denies their accusations, says he’s tired of John and Adriane alienating him from his children and claims Adriane’s cancer diagnosis might be just a scam to get donations – a claim both John and Adrian vehemently deny. What do medical records reveal? And, hear what Rick’s 18-year-old daughter, Katie, has to say about her family’s troubled dynamic. Is there room for a compromise?

Friday - December 4, 2015

“I Can’t Say ‘No’ to Anything and it Could Literally Kill Me”

Twenty-two-year-old Sadie is a fulltime high school teacher, a beauty queen running for Miss Florida, and a candidate for political office in her hometown – and that’s just a few of her recent commitments. Sadie says she wants to be everything to everyone, because she just can’t say “no” – ever. But is her ambition is coming at a cost? Sadie says she’s been hospitalized six times for stress, has passed out in the middle of the street, and recently received a stern health warning from her doctor to slow down or risk serious heart disease. Sadie’s mother, Jennifer, claims she has no idea where Sadie’s non-stop drive comes from. But Dr. Phil questions whether this apple fell far from the tree, and points out the nearly identical similarities between them. Then, Courtney, 25, says she was diagnosed with OCD at 8 years old and admits to spending nearly every hour of the day trying to avoid germs – including taking multiple showers, washing her hands until they bleed and refusing to walk on her living room floor without paper towels under her feet. She lists shoes, toilets, garbage and wet floor signs among her phobias, but says her biggest fear is seeing or touching vomit. Courtney’s boyfriend Patryk says he’s at his wits’ end and refuses to marry Courtney until she gets her life together. Can Dr. Phil help free Sadie and Courtney from their fears and phobias?

Exactly. This poor child should just be allowed to BE, instead of the parents trying to make him/her choose a gender NOW NOW NOW. Fuck you, parents, just let the kid be a kid. The fact that they already did surgery on this child is so upsetting, too.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 2

Why are grown people--including Dr. Phil--so hung up on stereotypical gender associations for inanimate objects? Pink sheets means it's a girl's bed, short hair is for a boy, etc. It's so infuriating. Let four-year-old Aubrey choose whatever toys, clothes, hairstyles s/he wants and stop assigning a gender to everything. At least the kid already has a gender-neutral name so be thankful for that. When Aubrey decides who s/he wants to be--male, female or someone in between--accept it and continue to love your child.

• Love 4

Why are grown people--including Dr. Phil--so hung up on stereotypical gender associations for inanimate objects? Pink sheets means it's a girl's bed, short hair is for a boy, etc. It's so infuriating. Let four-year-old Aubrey choose whatever toys, clothes, hairstyles s/he wants and stop assigning a gender to everything. At least the kid already has a gender-neutral name so be thankful for that. When Aubrey decides who s/he wants to be--male, female or someone in between--accept it and continue to love your child.

Easy to say and feel outrage sitting on our couch in PC mode.  But this is a very difficult situation for even the most sophisticated and educated.  I know someone going through this and it is much more than the color of sheets.  It is complicated.

Watching from the outside we can easily think that is as simple as letting your child just be who they are but society has demands, it is hard. 

My heart goes out to them all as they struggle to understand and find the road to work with this.  It is not simple. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

The parents need to stop coaching Aubrey, but it is an issue that they will need help with. I'm a teacher (used to teach preschool), and plenty of girls like short hair and trucks and boys like long hair and dolls. But I have never seen a child who did not know if they wanted to be a boy or girl. I'm not saying this is the issue with Aubrey, but going to school may be a problem if Aubrey's parents don't get some guidance.

When Aubrey goes to school, other kids and adults will ask if they are a boy or girl and there could be issues with overnight play dates, swimming pools with changing rooms etc. None of this is Aubrey's fault or should be of concern to him/her, but having parents who are prepared can ease those types of problems. Having two household will totally different toys and bedding and clothes can do nothing but confuse Aubrey. While I do understand gender can be a fluid thing, we also don't really know Aubrey's true feelings. They might really think of themselves as a boy or girl but also enjoy boy/girl toys and don't want to upset the parents. As usually, Dr. Phil made a couple of good points but then dropped the ball.

Today's story about the overachiever girl was just a yawn. If she is endlessly going to the hospital for anxiety, it relates more to an anxiety issue and less to her need to be perfect. It's another variation on the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" trope. I see it with the suburban moms where i live all the time. Unless they can claim they are frantically busy and can't spare a second, they feel useless. 

• Love 2

Today's story about the overachiever girl was just a yawn. If she is endlessly going to the hospital for anxiety, it relates more to an anxiety issue and less to her need to be perfect. It's another variation on the "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" trope. I see it with the suburban moms where i live all the time. Unless they can claim they are frantically busy and can't spare a second, they feel useless. 

The overachiever was such a bore. I could barely sit through her opening introduction when she changed her hair style and put on her glasses. She spends a lot of time thinking that others are terribly interested in her look. Most truly busy women hope that they left the house wearing matching shoes and then laugh if they hadn't. The planner is just a prop to make her feel special. My guess is that these are events that she tracks rather than attends. She attends if she wants to, not because she has any compulsion to do so.

• Love 4

Monday's show is just a chance for him to hawk his diet book for Christmas while still not going on his own diet himself. I'm scared to think what Wednesday's show will be since most of the time when they fail to put a preview for a day's show it's usually some ripped from the headlines stuff. I haven't watched in forever and haven't been interested in doing so. Everyone's descriptive posts about episodes in this thread say enough.

ALL NEW Shows This Week

Monday - December 7, 2015

"Should I Give Up on Getting Hot?"

Nadine is a beautiful 36-year-old who says behind her smile is a woman traumatized by a lifelong obsession to be thin. She estimates that over the years, she’s gained and lost at least 1,000 pounds, and says all of the yo-yo dieting has left her with what she calls “Post Traumatic Diet Disorder,” which includes feeling jittery, sleep deprivation and a list of foods she thinks she can’t eat. Jeannea, a 41-year-old mother of two, says she keeps a stash of junk food and drinks two 16-ounce sodas a day because she fears losing weight may ruin her marriage. Her husband, Travis, says he thinks that’s just an excuse for Jeanna to be inactive. Can Nadine and Jeannea learn to adopt healthier habits? Then, a 25-year-old blames her weight for never having a boyfriend, and a young mom says her scale hasn’t budged since she had her second child. Can Dr. Phil help get their health and fitness back on track? Plus, Dr. Phil provides tips for enjoying meals while still minding your weight goals this holiday season.

Tuesday - December 8, 2015

Animal Activist Under Attack

In 2013, Kitty rescued Hero, a calf found in a field with back legs so badly frostbitten they needed to be amputated. Kitty helped secure funds to provide Hero with medical care, and together, they made international headlines when Hero took his first steps on prosthetic hooves. When photos of the calf when viral, Kitty says donations to her animal rescue began to pour in – and so did the skepticism. Now, Kitty says she has become a victim of cyberbullying, including a Facebook group dedicated to destroying her reputation. Members of that Facebook group, Ann, Debbie and Robert, claim that Kitty is a fraud who lies about being a non-profit, violates animal laws and treats animals poorly – claims Kitty absolutely denies – and they want an explanation. See what happens when they come face to face on Dr. Phil’s stage.

Wednesday - December 9, 2015

All-New Dr. Phil

Check back soon for more on this all-new episode of Dr. Phil!

Thursday - December 10, 2015

The Pain of Marriage Remorse: "I'm Ready to Leave My Husband Who is 26 Years Older"

Brenda says she fell in love with and married her husband, Don, six years ago – despite their 26-year age gap. But soon after, she claims her “Prince Charming” began to change, and says now she feels trapped in a “toxic relationship” with a husband she believes may be bi-polar. She claims Don throws temper tantrums, hoards paper and has unpredictable mood swings, and says she’s repulsed by his behavior. Don denies Brenda’s claims and says he just wants to save his family. Is their age difference at the root of their issues, or is something deeper at play? Then, Melanie, from the hit TLC show, “90 Day Fiancé,” says she was vacationing in Jamaica when she met her much younger man, Devar. The couple claims to be happy, but Melanie’s sister, Bev, says she believes Devar is an opportunist who is only interested in Melanie’s money and a green card. Is Devar using Melanie, or have they really found true love? And, Dr. Phil catches up with best-selling author Mitch Albom to talk about his novel, The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, and his passion project: an orphanage in Haiti.

Friday - December 11, 2015

"My Daughter is Obsessed with Being the Black Sheep: Is She Mentally Ill or a Drama Queen?"

Kim claims her teenage daughter, Taylor, thrives on attention -- any way she can get it. She claims Taylor has stolen her credit cards, spent thousands of dollars on lavish shopping sprees for her friends and says she frequently lies on social media, including posts about being pregnant, dropping out of school, getting arrested and even about gruesome suicide attempts. Kim claims Taylor is obsessed with social media, and says she’s invited strangers, including older men, to stay at their home – three of whom took her up on her offer. Kim says her life revolves around worrying about her daughter, and she fears that mental illness may be the cause for her outrageous behavior. Taylor’s older sister, Paige, says she thinks her sister is just “spoiled rotten.” What does Taylor say? And, hear her reaction when Dr. Phil reveals a Facebook post that Taylor thought was hidden. Plus, Kim’s husband says he’d “rather go fishing” than help parent his teen daughters. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s reaction.

• Love 1

I watched today's show. Is it just me or did Phil seem somewhat pissed at Robin at the end when he was asking her a few questions? On a shallow note, her teeth are huge and her eyes are so squinty. I've noticed lately that she keeps moving her tongue over her teeth to wet them so her lips don't get stuck on them. I had a friend who had false teeth that were too large for her mouth (bad dentist) and she did the same thing. So distracting!

So Dr. Phil goes on and on about how diets don't work, people are wasting money on diets, diets always fail and then: insists the people on the show go on his 20/20 diet. How is confining yourself to 20 foods (and some of them are things like prunes, cod cakes, raisins) not a crash diet? What happens when you can no longer stomach eating cod cakes and eggs for every meal? 

When people are emotional eaters (and I am one too), they need help in handling their emotions, not another fad diet. I wish one of those women had the guts to ask him what makes his crash diet fail proof when all of the others are not. 

• Love 1

Prunes and raisins are high in sugar/calories and skew your glycemic index.  Very curious any weight reduction diet would include them.  

And thank you to those who watched so I can FF to see him snap at Robin instead of watching and deleting at the first sight of Robin.  Her veneers are too big and give her denture mouth.  

• Love 1

Dr. Phil doesn't know the first thing about weight loss. The idea behind his diet is that by limiting yourself to very few foods you will lose weight because you just get used to eating the same thing in the same portion every day. For most people though, they will quickly get sick of eating the same thing, be in situations like dining out or parties where these items are not available, and they will just go off the plan. He does add other foods in after time. This is no different than any other restrictive diet and does nothing to help with emotional eating or teach people to eat a good diet for a lifetime. And prunes and raisins (which I hate by the way), have less calories than many other things. 

Today's show was about an animal rights activist who is being bullied (she says) by other activists. I believe the lady is a scammer and I wouldn't send her a penny. However, the internet groups who are attacking her are not obligated to send her money either. If they feel she is abusing the animals report her; but the constant complaining that she is not a legal charity is kind of mystifying to me. If you want to donate go ahead and do it. If you are looking for a charity that you can claim on your taxes, find a more established one. The sheer time and effort some of these hate groups engage in is unbelievable. 

• Love 1

Prunes and raisins are high in sugar/calories and skew your glycemic index.  Very curious any weight reduction diet would include them.

LOL - the weight loss probably comes from all the pooping and cleaning yourself out!

• Love 5

this 20/20 diet is starting to really annoy me.. On one hand I like Dr. Phil. I think the stories are always really interesting and I do think hes a good speaker and knows what hes doing.. On the other hand hes such a scam artist and quack that it bothers me. Every episode he feels the need to sneak in his 20/20 diet or whatever other money making idea he is venturing for the day. He's telling people that diets fail and are unrealistic yet shoves yet another diet down people's throat. And on a lot of episodes he does it at inappropriate times. Like the time the woman was grieving the loss of her mother and daughter. Was that really an appropriate episode to tell the woman that she needs to go on a diet? He's just such a skeeze ball. And I guarantee Mr. "perfect" himself has a lot of skeletons in his closet. If you want a diet that does actually work, it's weight watchers. I know several people who lost a significant amount of weight on the diet and can still eat whatever they want, just small portions of it. 

• Love 1

So a little of Dr. Phil was revealed in that he didn't really investigate Devar too well.

It may well be that his contract had ended because as I've posted before hardly anyone over 30 works in his profession at the resorts. There are not any longtime employees hanging around not even in the maintenance departments. Even the five star resort restaurants have 20 somethings as head chefs. The only older employee I saw at Ocho Rios was the head chef from the American Corporation that owned the kitchen restaurant.

So, Melanie supporting Devar could possibly have been a necessity if they wanted to be together.

And... her sister is unhappy and possibly bitter. Just look at her face and how mean spirited she looks. Her features have formed permanent unhappiness that took years the make.

ALL NEW Shows This Week

Monday - December 14, 2015

“We Think Our Mom is Cheating, Lying and Choosing Men Over Us! Should We Cut Her Off or Cut Her Some Slack?”

Brittney, 18, and Katelyn, 19, claim that throughout their lives, their mom, Cheryl, has been “neglectful, full of excuses and absent,” and chooses to “party with men” rather than be a mom. The teens currently live with their grandmother, Sharron, who says she’s fed up with picking up the pieces of Cheryl’s bad choices. They all say they’re concerned with what they call Cheryl’s promiscuous behavior and wonder if her “revolving door of men” could be caused by a sex addiction. Cheryl adamantly denies their accusations and says she’s ready to cut ties if they don’t stop ganging up on her. She claims that Brittney and Katelyn are disrespectful, and says she believes Sharron’s enabling ways may have contributed to the overdose death of her son eight months ago. Brittney and Katelyn say that the tragedy of their brother’s death should have brought them together, but instead, it has pushed them further apart. Can Dr. Phil help get to the root of this family’s issues so they can start healing?

Tuesday - December 15, 2015

An In-Law Ultimatum: “My Beauty Queen Daughter’s Ex-Cop Husband Needs to Get a Job or Get Out of My House!”

Former Miss Kentucky Latina, Daniela, says she’s desperate to resolve the ongoing feud between her mother, Elina, and her husband, Robert. She says that after 20 years on the police force, an arrest-gone-wrong nearly took Robert’s life, and ever since, he’s been retired, living with severe injuries and fighting debilitating symptoms of PTSD. Eight months ago, the couple moved in with Elina and they say it’s been “hell.” Daniela claims Elina is constantly calling Robert “lazy” and “worthless” and encouraging her to divorce him. Elina admits she doesn’t understand PTSD, but says she thinks Robert is just making excuses to be unmotivated, and that he needs to step up and take care of his wife and 4-month-old baby. What does Robert say? And, can Dr. Phil help Elina understand Robert’s condition and create peace in this household?

Wednesday - December 16, 2015

2 DUI’s, 5 Stints in Rehab, 22 Days in a Coma, 1 Upcoming Wedding, 3 Kids and 1 Fed Up Wife

Megan claims for the last five years, her husband, Scott, has been a “drunken, incorrigible, alcoholic mess.” She says it’s a miracle that Scott is still alive, especially after a fall down a flight of stairs left him with a broken neck and in a coma for 22 days. Scott is adamant that he was not drunk when he fell and insists he can get his drinking under control, but Megan says five trips to rehab and over 40 hospital visits, costing more than $1.8 million, tell a different story. She says she’s terrified he might die and is running out of hope. Scott’s step-daughter, Kendall, says Scott embarrasses himself when he’s drunk. And his daughter, Jordan, says she organized an intervention for her dad – during which she claims he was drinking. Scott says he wants to figure out why he’s been drinking to such excess, but is he ready to face the possibility that he may have a real problem? Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words with his advice for Megan and Scott. Then, thousands of viewers donated to Robin McGraw’s “Walk A Day In Robin’s Shoes” OMAZE campaign and today, meet the winner, Christy! Hear her personal story of domestic violence and see the special surprises that Dr. Phil and Robin have for her. And, watch Christy make history as she joins Dr. Phil and Robin for their signature walk-off!

Thursday - December 17, 2015

Death, Drugs, and Lies

Kodie claims her family is telling everyone she’s addicted to anti-anxiety medication, and she wishes they would stop. The 20-year-old says she needs the medication to “help her relax and function in life” ever since her grandmother died in front of her and her boyfriend died on top of her. But Kodie’s family says they believe she is in denial about her addiction and how it’s controlling her life. Her mom, Kim, says Kodie has become a “lazy, depressed, drug addict” who “lounges around and eats all day in her cow pajamas.” Her sister, Kaitlyn, says she believes Kodie is using medication to numb the pain of her losses. They say Kodie was recently arrested after wrecking a car and nearly hitting a group of children crossing the street while driving high. Kodie admits that she’s gained 50 pounds in the last six months, has bought the medication on the street and has taken it in excess, but says she wants Dr. Phil’s help to prove she’s not an addict. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s response! Does he believe Kodie is struggling with an addiction, or could her family be overreacting?

Friday - December 18, 2015

61-Year-Old Polygamous Pastor Marries 19-Year-Old Pregnant Girlfriend with His Wife’s Blessing

Thom, 61, is a former criminal-turned-pastor who says he’s served time behind bars for crimes that include drug possession, carrying a concealed weapon, assault, forgery and grand theft. But now he’s making headlines for a different reason: Thom says he’s a polyganist and he recently “wed,” and is expecting a child, with 19-year-old Reba -- with the blessing of his 44-year-old wife, Belinda. Belinda says she believes bringing a “sister wife” into her marriage is a “beautiful thing” and she’s grateful to have the extra help around the house. Reba, who’s known Thom since she was 11, says despite the 41-year age gap, she knows she’s with the love of her life. Thom claims the backlash to their lifestyle from the community and on social media has been so severe that he may lose custody of his unborn child – and even fears for his life. Is this an alternative union of true love? What does Dr. Phil think? And, Pastor Joel Osteen joins Dr. Phil to talk about his new book, The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today.

I don't watch every show.  Have they had the fan walking off with them yet and another fan trying on Robin's shoes?  I really don't want to miss that!  I watch TV for these really bad lapses in judgement.   And when I do watch I delete just as it begins to wind down so I would not see it even if I watched.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Hi wings707.  It looks as though the walk off winner, Christy, appears with Dr. Phil and Robin on Wednesday of this week.  We get to hear Christy's personal story of abuse, and she has surprises waiting for her from Dr. Phil and Robin.  Maybe Christy will get a year's access to Doctor on Demand.

• Love 3

I really want to belt this mother-in-law on today's episode. She embodies what is infuriating about society's view of mental illness. She is surely creating setbacks for her son-in-law and his PTSD and struggles. Just watching him, it was easy to see the pain on his face. God help him. I wish that couple didn't live with that woman --- and what was up with all her wigs (in the flashback roll and in the studio) and only using her first name....was that her attempt at being disguised?

• Love 2

Hi wings707.  It looks as though the walk off winner, Christy, appears with Dr. Phil and Robin on Wednesday of this week.  We get to hear Christy's personal story of abuse, and she has surprises waiting for her from Dr. Phil and Robin.  Maybe Christy will get a year's access to Doctor on Demand.

Oh goody and oh shit.  We have to hear a sob story. I will FF to the point of the walk off.  How silly.   How about the person who is going to try on her shoes!  ha ha ha ha ha  That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  

I really want to belt this mother-in-law on today's episode. She embodies what is infuriating about society's view of mental illness. She is surely creating setbacks for her son-in-law and his PTSD and struggles. Just watching him, it was easy to see the pain on his face. God help him. I wish that couple didn't live with that woman --- and what was up with all her wigs (in the flashback roll and in the studio) and only using her first name....was that her attempt at being disguised?

I am watching now, in horror.  The MIL has a smirk on her face!  What a hideous person.  

• Love 2

I am watching now, in horror.  The MIL has a smirk on her face!  What a hideous person

If that guy was faking in any way, he should run, not walk, to Hollywood.  His distress was off the charts.  I hope he went straight to an inpatient facility right after the show.  One more night with Nasty McSmirkson would push anyone over the edge.

Shame on the daughter for spitting out a kid at that point.  She should have gotten off her entitled ass and worked to give her husband any other home than her mother's.  

I couldn't believe the sick MIL on the show.  But something was really off about the daughter....her whiney voice and whenever she sounded like she was "tearing up"  I never saw any real tears.  She seemed very strange to me, in fact if it was any other show I would have said she was just a set-up.

The husband wasn't faking anything!  Of all the people I have seen on Dr. Shrill, he is one of the most touchingly real, in-need-of-help people I have watched.  God Bless him.

Edited by Darling Lily
  • Love 1

I haven't watched a full episode in a long time, but what is all this about "walk in Robin's shoes"? Is that for real a prize for some woman who endured domestic violence? She gets to wear Robin's shoes??? Someone please explain how walking off stage with Dr. Phil and Robin is some wonderful reward. I didn't see today's episode but I did hear Phil say on the way to a break that they gave the woman a Christmas tree but that wasn't all...stay tuned for something "historic". Please tell me Phil hasn't become so delusional and drank enough of his own Kool-Aid that he thinks holding hands with him and his wife to walk out of the studio is somehow on par with man's first step on the moon.

• Love 2

I am SO SICK of Dr. Phil "writing" on his stupid-ass touchscreen. It never, ever adds to the show, it takes forever, and he seems to do it constantly now. Argh.

Amen.  I guess he thinks he looks "high tech", but it looks silly.

I don't know if he has any health issues, but when he walks to the touchscreen and starts writing, he sounds like he is out of breath.

• Love 3

Polygamous Pastor - or as I think of him, low rent Ron Jeremy - made me want to hurl.  And not just for the usual reason.  You get your children TAKEN from you and you don't get your shit together?  If CPS takes your kids and the ONLY thing you have to do is not fake marry a child (who seemed a little bit delayed, maybe?), and you don't do that....you're a terrible person and a terrible parent.  Period.  

And the video of her tying his shoes????????? Come on.  

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 4