Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My prediction for next week is: Liz finds the idol and uses it, and whoever she voted for will go home, and it will be either "Kynsey" or "Been" and the chance at a power move to get out either Q or Maria will be wasted. Because she is that lame. Speaking of misspelled TC votes, as we were up thread, I read an interview a while back that misspellings, little decorative touches like hearts or flowers, or writing the name really big or really small were done so when the vote was obsessively dissected back at camp, you could clearly identify your vote by how you wrote it. Smart players changed it up each time so as to not piss off jury members. Of course, some players are just flat out dumb, so some misspellings could just come from that.
  3. I liked the 2nd house. But, you're right they didn't have the money to stay there, plus all the responsibility seemed too much to handle.. with a toddler. It was never a serious contender. Heh They were such a sweet couple. High school sweethearts, who clearly still love each other very much. They were very considerate of each other. Some of the past couples seem like they can't stand each other. That was definitely the case in a re-run episode in which the couple was moving from Australia because their lives seemed stagnate. Can't remember where they re-located to. But I believe it was Europe. He kept reminding her it was his money... not hers. She would ridicule him with a smile on her face and beg him not to waste "his money" on silly things. Whoa! I would love to see if they're still together.
  4. I was so sure that they would just do a voice over at the end explaining that George had passed, but in a way that would have been cheap. We've gotten to know George and these characters for so long, I think he deserves a real goodbye. As soon as the episode started and they started talking about the family picture I started to suspect something, then George got the job at Rice, the family was planning to move, there was a heaviness throughout the episode, then when George was leaving the house, I just knew. Then the door knocked and my heart sunk. Huge kudos to the writers and actors, that was so heartbreaking. Missy especially killed it, you could see her face just crumbling while Sheldon was trying so hard to comprehend the information he just got. Knowing it was coming just made it worse. We know that older Sheldon has regrets about not connecting more with his father, and now knowing that he ignored him the last time he saw him makes it even worse. I cant imagine how Missy will feel, not getting a ride from him on his last day alive. Before the heartbreak, this was a really good episode. Sheldon was being obnoxious, but I could tell it was anxiety about his move, it was great seeing Mary lay down the law with him, and there were a lot of really funny bits, like Sheldon in his hazmat suit and Missy in her perfect church girl out, and Sheldon's disgust at the Texas tradition of family pictures. "It wasn't the economic devastation, it was the picture." I'm really going to need a minute...
  5. Indeed. Too bad it all got shunted to the side because St Benson was right again. Just once, I wish someone could just tell her off and make it stick.
  6. and Dummer yammering on about how she doesn't want an (attempted) murderer near 'her son'. Uh, Dummer, honey, you are sitting across from an an actual murderer and not having a problem letting her interact with Hairy. Still think she should fling her poo on the leather throne. This dungeon torture/taunting is starting to give me bad vibes like I had when Deedee died. I may have to quit the show...again. There's enough felonies Jordan has racked up to keep her in solitary/death row for the rest of her life. What Viktor is doing is cruel and unusual punishment which he has no right or authority to do. The whole story is disgusting and certainly not Love in the Afternoon.
  7. I'm not sure he remembered her. Like maybe he blanked out her and whatever happened. I guess we'll see next season. I just wish she wasn't quirky too. Does she have to be weird? Is it something about being a tv forensic scientist which makes women so cutesy and annoying? I ended up feeling that way about Abby, too, but I was hoping Kasie would be different enough for me to like her. But no. Nothing about them ever worked for me. And I got so tired of Ziva's daddy issues. Plus, Tony was just a walking sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Me too. I preferred Kate, but like Ziva at first but it just got to be too much.
  8. If we can't be bitchy here on Primetimer (formerly the uber-bitchy TWoP) where can we be?
  9. If someone is watching their weight, for whatever reason, the important thing is consistency in their own weigh-in routine. Apparently, the best time is after you get up and use the rest room, before you drink/eat anything, before adding those 1 ounce worth of earrings. If you're just going for a regular doctor's visit or, say, to the dermatologist, the doctor doesn't care about a couple of pounds' fluctuation since your last visit and just wants a longterm record, and presumably the dermatologist doesn't need to know your weight and you can decline. If someone is having their weight medically monitored, that's a whole different issue and that's why we have real live doctors as well as internet forums. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I struggled with an eating disorder in the past, and the ongoing obsession with weight in the US upsets me. When anti-depressants are advertised on the basis of their potential weight loss side effects, there's a problem in my books.
  10. Yes, Sheila's the main reason I've stopped watching. I just come here to read the comments. If Deacon is so in love with her, she should demand that he cut off one of his toes to show his true fidelity to her. I would love to see his reaction. 😱
  11. Hypothetically, the Survivors may think that no one has found the idol after Tiff's departure and so they should keep searching for it. They are essentially priced in to go on an idol hunt anyway -- even in the shortened game, they seem to have plenty of downtime for it, hide-and-go-seek matches, rock trivia contests and what not. I think the optimal play was to just take Ben and Liz. It's easily justifiable as rewarding the people who haven't eaten, it helps bond them to Maria, and probably causes the least amount of harm to Maria's game. Especially when Kenzie and Charlie effectively said they didn't want to be part of the reward. Keeping Q on the outside doesn't seem likely to have blowback on her since Q is generally on the outs with everyone. I'm not sure why she wouldn't just step up and make that decision or make the decision on her own to take Q with no qualms. Liz had every chance to "earn" her way to pizza so my sympathy is of course not with her.
  12. Yeah right. You would think, based on all the "resume" talk that someone would at least make a move where they'd at least play it on someone else. It might not work, but at least it's not going to waste. For instance, Venus gives it to Kenzie or Q, they still vote her out, but then boom. Someone gets blindsided for the proper use next time. But this is absurd. Even by the people voting. At least thrown another vote on Q or Kenzie. That way, if Venus actually played it, Plan B works out. Probably a record number this season, definitely on a consecutive term. The 2007-2008 TV year is still tops in terms of total blunder & stupidity when it came to being immune
  13. I’m just glad someone pushed back against St. Olivia being on her caped crusader mission again. Not sure if Agent Sykes will be back after throwing Johnny D. and William Lewis to her boss’ face, but man, it was cathartic to watch.
  14. Yep, the man bun is an abomination. Poor Jake, he should've learned by now not to trust Max but he still does. And the girlfriend taking the money and bailing was pretty shitty too. I get why she'd want to leave, but she could've left him half the cash rather than taking it all. I didn't see the point of having Roy still be alive long enough to kill him off again.
  15. I wanted to love that sight gag, but it really wasn't well enough directed or recorded. Maybe it's not really possible to put your head in the sphere and contract it? No, her head was inside, because when she pulled if off, her hair was a mess. I think it was hard to see because the camera was focused on Quinn and Elsbeth being Elsbeth, happened in the periphery, barely on camera, it seemed improvised. Maybe it was a comment on the new toy filled work environments, since she was also riding the scooter and making the back-up noises or maybe Elsbeth was having too much fun on set since she also run into the Chief's office, did a hopping skid, crashing into Kaya. Elsbeth seemed to have a lot of childish energy this episode. Maybe having a cute dog on set helped to set the mood.
  16. Yeah, the ones they showed weren't exactly hard hitting. I did wonder why the introduction for DJ was so mean spirited. I did like Ava and Deborah showing some growth, with Ava insisting on some boundaries and Deborah accepting them for the most part. I really did love Deborah's workaround of having Josefina read off insults to Ava. I also really liked the NA meeting. It gave you a good idea of how Deborah's mind works. Something just clicks inside her head when she hears applause, and her five year chip speech to DJ suddenly morphs into a stand up act. DJ was right that it is like an addiction for Deborah.
  17. What's the record for most people voted out with an idol? Everyone is so worried about "making a big move". Maybe they should be worried about staying in the darn game. LOL!
  18. I'm sick of Hen and Karen's foster kid story, too. The only good thing was seeing the little girl finally smile when she saw her half-brother, because previously she looked like a demon child.
  19. almost to black jackets in S5. I just finished the king crab episode and had to laugh how Gordon rejected both teams "selected" crab dish instead told Paula and Daniel to bring their's up, and Gordon loved both. I notice that the show gets a lot of talking heads from Daniel, but not that many from Paula, who are my picks for the final 2 (and clearly Gordon knows by now who can cook and who can't). this leads me to suspect Daniel is the ultimate winner. he certainly has the arrogant attitude down pat.
  20. Another clip of Maestro, the Doctor and Ruby
  21. I do not agree with book bans. i note a similarity between the bruhaha over "explicit" material in books and the bruhaha over "explicit" material in songs/music back in the 80s. the result was merely requiring music publishers to print an "E" on the albums. So why not do the same thing for books? Putting the "E" on albums really didn't do a whole lot to keep it out of kids hands, but i guess at least the parent could easily see it and, you know "parent the kids." So do the same for books, if that is your concern, that kids are getting books that parents don't always know contains "explicit" material.
  22. I don't wear jewelry when I know I'll be weighed. Also, I wear light clothes and light espadrilles--no athletic shoes (+ sweater removed ahead of time) 😎. I'm petite as well. ETA: Back to the discussion re: thyme. I go to a nursery that has a great selection of herbs starting in late spring. My favorite herb is Lemon Thyme. It's milder than regular thyme and is very good on grilled foods. So if you don't have an Asian market, check out nearby nurseries. I plant my herbs in window "boxes" that sit on the deck floor (that's the extent of my gardening!)
  23. They would get a piece of the pie?
  24. At the very end of the Roseanne episode in question, all the Conner family were indeed at the therapy session, all taking turns pouring out their own grievances. It was a very early season episode too. I'm sure nobody on this writing staff even remembers it. And, apparently, not even Lecy Goranson or Laurie Metcalf. Then again it's impossible to guess what's supposed to be cannon anymore.
  1. Load more activity