Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm a recently converted Gina for point girl and wow look at this kick! But her joker smile and straw hair still bother me. If they fix that I'm still Gina for point. Though I think I might revert back to Lexie.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 1.09.51 PM.png

dang that's a Holly P kick right there! i wish she wasn't so bleach bottle blond but it's not like it's her call.  come on, kelli, let her get rid of the playboy look! i want her to have a good spot in the formation this year. 

• Love 12

Think she may have lost the race with this finals photo. Actually several of those finals photos are pretty scary. Maybe they need another new photographer.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 1.10.22 PM.png

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

dang that's a Holly P kick right there! i wish she wasn't so bleach bottle blond but it's not like it's her call.  come on, kelli, let her get rid of the playboy look! i want her to have a good spot in the formation this year. 

100% agree.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She needs some Shades EQ Cafe Au Lait and Irish Creme to tone that ish down some. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

another reason why I love Lily!! not even a DCC and offering to help her competition.  

I am unapologetically Team Rachel W (bite me) but I think it was the other Rachel who Jen tagged.  I don't know much about her but def a sweet move on her part, and Alanna's. 

Oh yes—wrong Rachel in my post!  So nice of all of them to help out the girls who are essentially their competition. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am unapologetically Team Rachel W (bite me) [snip]...

Not usually seeing you post in this manner, this literally made me laugh out loud woman! Too f'ni! 😂

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Oh yes—wrong Rachel in my post!  So nice of all of them to help out the girls who are essentially their competition. 

I'm not surprised. Last years team gave off an harmonious, non-toxic vibe. I'm sad that it will go to shit (VK) soon. Enjoy it while you can ladies, the death eaters are coming.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Think she may have lost the race with this finals photo. Actually several of those finals photos are pretty scary. Maybe they need another new photographer.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 1.10.22 PM.png

This one at least looks a little better.  But I still don't see Maddie as point.

maddie_field finals.png

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

they do have a similar look and Lisa is one of my favorites this summer.  but i am one of the few who thinks Savannah is also absolutely stunning, both live and in pictures. 

Agree with Laurenbrook-  I like Savannah too. Also, I  know a couple of folks who met her- one through the kids' camps- said she was great with the little ones, and one on an appearance, said she was sweet as can be. I don't understand the dislike- but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. Is she photogenic?- yes I think so...in fact a DCC just posted a pic...I too think she is stunning

Image-1-4 2.jpg

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I know there are a few of us -- and that it is highly discussable - team Gina for point! image.thumb.png.403d4f5a2065db0153ec5d3fb8baf950.png

I've come a long way since my Gina hating days. I'm on board for her success as long as she fixes her look, stops with the baby voice, and be the intelligent women that she once was.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This one at least looks a little better.  But I still don't see Maddie as point.

maddie_field finals.png

I hope they don’t make her point. She is just to mousy for it 

• Love 11

Kelli should definitely ask Marshall to spend some quality time with Gina and Maddie.  I think all are agreed Gina is way too bleached out and Maddie needs some lift on top if she's going to keep it so full on the sides. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I hope they don’t make her point. She is just to mousy for it 

i was rewatching the season where she makes the team and she looked SO GOOD.  This long hair is not right for her.  Kelli, please let her cut it back to where it was in the beginning - it really brightened her face up. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

i was rewatching the season where she makes the team and she looked SO GOOD.  This long hair is not right for her.  Kelli, please let her cut it back to where it was in the beginning - it really brightened her face up. 

Agree, her hair is God awful. It looks as bad now as it did when she first tried out and Kelli said it looked like a cheap black wig

• Love 6

I really don't like outing nice DCC on weight, but in all fairness, especially with regards to VK who looks good (from the neck down, for now), Miranda look really soft and flabby.

Ducking behind rock now.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lona said:

Alright alright alright. I see there is already discussion about point. So are we getting Alexis or Lexie? Cause I can live with either of those two.

Idk I think the people they chose for Media days was clearly about looks. They picked a “bouquet” of looks as kelli loves to do. And they were all those that TPTB loves to show off in the calendar. Just the fact that Savannah was in the triangle convinced me that Media Days isn’t a big hint as to triangle positions moving forward. But regardless I am surprised Heather wasn’t in there for all the same reasons. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I actually prefer Maddie's hair longer.  When shorter, it makes her face look too round and fatter.

I know - I'm scoring zero points with you today.  Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me! 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

they do have a similar look and Lisa is one of my favorites this summer.  but i am one of the few who thinks Savannah is also absolutely stunning, both live and in pictures. 

I actually think Savannah looks like a Disney Princess and Lisa looks like a beast... before she got good at hair and makeup she was like a 6. She only makes teams bc she can dance but she’s not pretty at all imo.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

I actually prefer Maddie's hair longer.  When shorter, it makes her face look too round and fatter.

I know - I'm scoring zero points with you today.  Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me! 😉

haha you know i love you! i have a really round face so yeah, certain hair cuts can emphasize that. but those of us with that face shape also need more volume on top to help balance it out.  maybe she needs better layers.  I dunno. I love maddie so i want to see her shine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not usually seeing you post in this manner, this literally made me laugh out loud woman! Too f'ni! 😂

....and I can't get on the Christina hate train, so it's all good. 🙂

10 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Kelli should definitely ask Marshall to spend some quality time with Gina and Maddie.  I think all are agreed Gina is way too bleached out and Maddie needs some lift on top if she's going to keep it so full on the sides. 

I think Lily needs a color change a la Star Spangler.  Maybe going darker, perhaps even red, would help her pop and become more memorable.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

Agree with Laurenbrook-  I like Savannah too. Also, I  know a couple of folks who met her- one through the kids' camps- said she was great with the little ones, and one on an appearance, said she was sweet as can be. I don't understand the dislike- but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. Is she photogenic?- yes I think so...in fact a DCC just posted a pic...I too think she is stunning

Image-1-4 2.jpg

Savannah has always been stunning to me! She has a perfect figure, gorgeous hair, and a pretty smile. She must also be a good teammate and hard worker to have been voted rookie of the year. 

• Love 11
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dallasstar87 said:

Re: Meredith - we danced at the same studio way back when and she was always so sweet. She was in the older group so we didn’t always dance together  but from what I remember everyone loved her and she was fun in rehearsal. Granted, this was a while ago but I just thought I’d share anyway. I’m really excited for her! 

Also, I just saw this picture on the DCC twitter and I’m so bummed this girl (middle) didn’t make training camp. I love her energy and she is stunning. The terms refreshing and vibrant come to mind.

8F3312EF-CC41-4671-AA9D-E475A40BD319.jpeg

I love this girl, too! I hope she tries out again. She and the girl on our right have the similar hair, but not the girl on the left. Are they no longer grouping girls with similar looks together? I hate that they do that.

Also ... I love Savannah's look, but I agree that her teeth can be distracting. Her calendar photos were disappointing to me, but only because I don't think she's comfortable in front of the camera.

And go ahead and throw tomatoes at me but ... I. do. not. get. the. Lexie. love in terms of attractiveness. It just boggles my mind. I don't want to be mean, so that's all I'll say on that.

TCC Kat reminds me of Candice Carr, who showed up with blondish hair her first training camp and got cut, then tried out with dark hair and made the team.

Edited by cgloss
  • Love 2

The senior vets (Amy, Maddie, Tess, and Heather) are all in Nashville for the CMT music awards so if those are the girls they are sending for such a big event that might be a clue as to who their top people are. Also why they weren’t in the media day videos 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Mercurialsteph said:

The senior vets (Amy, Maddie, Tess, and Heather) are all in Nashville for the CMT music awards so if those are the girls they are sending for such a big event that might be a clue as to who their top people are. Also why they weren’t in the media day videos 

Future GLs

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I've come a long way since my Gina hating days. I'm on board for her success as long as she fixes her look, stops with the baby voice, and be the intelligent women that she once was.

Please keep evolving to team Gina for point 🤗 ! I had kinda forgotten about her voice, but right you are! What a delightful surprise to watch that short video doc of her dancing in college and hear her speak in a normal tone. Be real, Gina, be real -- hair and voice -- all things you can control!!!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Please keep evolving to team Gina for point 🤗 ! I had kinda forgotten about her voice, but right you are! What a delightful surprise to watch that short video doc of her dancing in college and hear her speak in a normal tone. Be real, Gina, be real -- hair and voice -- all things you can control!!!

Yes we can!

1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

I just don't see her appeal. She is young but looks much older than her age. Someone give her a make up lesson. 

She has the best beauty advice that daddy's money can buy. Not sure if money can buy miracles.

Edited by BringItOn
"buy"
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I love this girl, too! I hope she tries out again. She and the girl on our right have the similar hair, but not the girl on the left. Are they no longer grouping girls with similar looks together? I hate that they do that.

Also ... I love Savannah's look, but I agree that her teeth can be distracting. Her calendar photos were disappointing to me, but only because I don't think she's comfortable in front of the camera.

And go ahead and throw tomatoes at me but ... I. do. not. get. the. Lexie. love in terms of attractiveness. It just boggles my mind. I don't want to be mean, so that's all I'll say on that.

I also love the girl in the middle!  Come back pleeeease!!!

Same re: Savannah and her teeth,  I have tried so hard to get past them, just can't.  I'm going to hell I know.

Lexie - it's her nose that bugs me.  So throw tomatoes at me too.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Definitely two good dancers but their hair is letting them down. 

• Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha you know i love you! i have a really round face so yeah, certain hair cuts can emphasize that. but those of us with that face shape also need more volume on top to help balance it out.  maybe she needs better layers.  I dunno. I love maddie so i want to see her shine. 

See, I think this cut/style makes Maddie's face look thinner. 

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=File:Dallas_Cowboys_Madeline_Massingill_2017_Y1.jpg

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Gina is a rockstar.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I really don't like outing nice DCC on weight, but in all fairness, especially with regards to VK who looks good (from the neck down, for now), Miranda look really soft and flabby.

Ducking behind rock now.

I wasn't going to say it either but she does look untoned in those finals photos. It jumped out at me too.  She looks much older than everyone else. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, dallasstar87 said:

Re: Meredith - we danced at the same studio way back when and she was always so sweet. She was in the older group so we didn’t always dance together  but from what I remember everyone loved her and she was fun in rehearsal. Granted, this was a while ago but I just thought I’d share anyway. I’m really excited for her! 

Also, I just saw this picture on the DCC twitter and I’m so bummed this girl (middle) didn’t make training camp. I love her energy and she is stunning. The terms refreshing and vibrant come to mind.

8F3312EF-CC41-4671-AA9D-E475A40BD319.jpeg

I love her look and energy too! Is her name Geena Rojas? I feel like I saw it on Instagram and someone commented that she needs to stretch and get her kicks higher and she’ll be a strong contender next year. 🤞🏻 Hopefully we will actually see/hear why she doesn’t make it to TC on MTT. One thing that’s bothered me since since Season 1 is the focus on and love that some hopefuls get, but then they don’t make TC and never find out why.  

Good to have a first-hand Meredith account. This show only gives us...how do I say this...”interestingly” crafted glimpses into these girls’ personalities. Last year, she did seem to be more of a soloist as opposed to a team-type dancer, but that very well could have been influenced by the clip of one of the judges comments on her (can’t recall if that was Brenda or the little blonde newscaster...also Meredith?). Although, I have to admit, TCC Merediths voice did annoy me. A little bit dead, a little bit baked, a little bit nasally. 

• Love 1
Just now, KnyghtRyder said:

Good to have a first-hand Meredith account. This show only gives us...how do I say this...”interestingly” crafted glimpses into these girls’ personalities.

I call it what it is:  heavily edited for forced drama and ratings.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Idk I think the people they chose for Media days was clearly about looks. They picked a “bouquet” of looks as kelli loves to do. And they were all those that TPTB loves to show off in the calendar. Just the fact that Savannah was in the triangle convinced me that Media Days isn’t a big hint as to triangle positions moving forward. But regardless I am surprised Heather wasn’t in there for all the same reasons. 

It looks like they also sent the more senior girls to the CMT awards, and it might've interfered with the timing of the media shoot.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Y'all know my hatred of Maddie's poodle perm hair ugh.

Just putting it out there, for those of us with curls, we don't wear our hair, our hair wears us, and sometimes we look like "poodles."  When I was in 7th grade some kids followed me down the hall in school barking at me calling me a poodle, so I'm a little sensitive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Gina needs to tone down the tan and get the white out of her hair. I don’t get the whole fake tan thing but her hair just looks so white now! 

With Maddie, I think it needs to be a lighter colour, just a shade or two. I like the tight curls, it makes her unique but the length is too weird for me. 

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

Just putting it out there, for those of us with curls, we don't wear our hair, our hair wears us, and sometimes we look like "poodles."  When I was in 7th grade some kids followed me down the hall in school barking at me calling me a poodle, so I'm a little sensitive.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend in any way! I think Maddie's curls can be fixed, that's my issue. 

37 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

....and I can't get on the Christina hate train, so it's all good. 🙂

Same about the hate trains...I guess I don't dislike/hate any of these girls. They all bring something unique to the team. I'm also not one to let the show determine my opinion about them.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Agree- well put. btw- I love Maddie's curls!

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

Image-1-4 2.jpg

I think Savannah is beautiful, someone else said, like Disney princess. 

I didn't see it last year when Kitty said it but now I can't unsee how dated and 70s Miranda looks. It's both hair and make up. It makes her look like she's in her 40s, not matronly as Kitty implied but just dated and old. I don't know what you can do for it at this point.

I'm going to talk about Rachel W but from purely shallow perspective. I don't see the appeal, a lot of people mention she so pretty. She tends to go so orange with her tan and she has such annoying whiney-squeeky voice. I have basically same issues with her looks/sound as with Gina but Gina's voice is fixable.

Jalyn looks so good with this hair color. I wasn't keeping up during the season so I didn't really notice but I love it.

• Love 1