Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Your Irresponsible Low Life Mom

• Start Topic

Airs September 15, 2019

Chloe keeps apartment hunting with Max from her parents; Hailey worries what it means if the other Hailey skips her baby shower; McKayla moves out of the house she once shared with Caelan; Rilah's mother gets real with Anthony about his mother.

What kind of money does Rosa think an 18 y/o will make? Geez, let the boy stay there or not, but climb off your cross, lady. Let him work and start supporting the baby. 

Rilah, honey, if y'all were broken up and you had sex with someone else, Anthony absolutely has the right to ask for a paternity test. 

And Rosa, the baby isn't a football. Anthony can and will take his kid to see his mother. 

I hate these people. Honestly and truly. 

• Love 17

Poor, dumb Chloe thinks 18 is the magic number where she can do what she wants. 

With what money? She's not going to make enough to pay rent, car note, insurance, utilities, and daycare while going to school. And you know she's going to expect her parents to still support her and the baby. Ridiculous. 

But it'll be okay. They've been saving up, Max has a job and he's gonna get a better one while Chloe gets a job. It'll all work out anyway. 🤣🤣

These kids live on a different planet. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

I am not maternal, but Baby Ava is adorable! Her giggles!  

Telling a young man that his mother is "low-life trash" is the very definition of "trash." Rosa is lucky that Anthony is a calm guy. And Rilah needs to know that blood is thicker than romance. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 18

Rilah is treating Anthony like trash, then getting mad that he doesn't say anything back to her insults. Her manipulative tears didn't move me, either, and threatening to make him a dad by texts because he doesn't agree with her is trash. I never thought I'd say this, but poor Anthony. 

• Love 9

If I were Caelan, I'd be demanding a paternity test on baby #2. It strikes me as entirely plausible that the reason she ran home to Grandpa Cirrhosis's house so quickly after moving in with Caelan is because she wanted to be with Baby Daddy 2 instead. That's just my guess since I can't imagine she's bagged herself some other new boyfriend while she's waddling around nine months pregnant. 

Also, is there any furniture in Caelan's house at all? The place looked desolate.

"Today's Hailey's baby shower and I just want things to go great" 

Narrator: "Things were not going to go great".

Hailey 2 didn't come to the shower because spotty, frowzy, scrawny dipshit Matthew wasn't there. Perfect opportunity to give him a better look at her boob tattoo. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

McKayla was at the height of her bitchiness this week.

She just ramps it up and up, doesn't she? 

She's mad at Caelen because he "didn't speak for himself". That is especially rich coming from Mckayla, who sat through the whole dinner glued to her phone, not speaking a word. And remember when she was talking to Caelen on speaker, last season. "My grandma says to watch your language"! She is such a spiteful, unpleasant, self centered little witch. 

• Love 22

While Rilahs mom was wrong to say that about Anthony's mom to him...I dont think she is wrong about wanting rent.  He does need to get a job and help pay some of the expenses of his child. Its appears that she has been paying for all the preparations and future needs of the baby and now the expense of feeding and transportation of a 19 year old boy.  I remember Rilah saying a few episodes ago when she was mad that her mother would not drive her to the birthday party, that she was grown and she cant tell her, blah, blah..your mom is paying for you, your baby and now your boyfriend she can definitely tell you what to do you spoiled brat. 

And speaking of spoiled qnd let's add stupid....Chloe must think she still gets her allowance when she goes to college. She has no clue how much a part time job pays, her car payments, car insurance, health insurance for her and the baby, security deposits and rent, I hope they show this wake up call to her.

And finally the worst spoiled..and stupid entitled Vindictive bitch McKayla. I have never wanted to slap someone so hard. Caelen is far from perfect...but he has financially provided for you and your children, visits his children, took in those 3 dogs you wanted then abandoned. ...and you punish him and his mother by taking away the kids from their father and grandmother.  I'm glad to see Caelen going to a lawyer.   U r punishing them for not kissing your ass and doing every little thing for you like cooking, cleaning and childcare that your grandparents do..they have created a beast.

Edited by Poohbear617
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

And speaking of spoiled qnd let's add stupid....Chloe must think she still gets her allowance when she goes to college. She has no clue how much a part time job pays, her car payments, car insurance, health insurance for her and the baby, security deposits and rent, I hope they show this wake up call to her.

I died laughing during the apartment hunting sequence! $400 a month difference? Miss Chloe will have to take out mega loans to pay for all this. Plus having to go visit Max in jail between shifts at Applebee's and her college classes. 

I remember my first apartment. It was in a dicey neighborhood, and cheap. I was a college student, worked full time as a waitress and went to school. It was still a shock when those first utility bills arrived. Chloe gleefully says she'll go to school, work part time, send Ava to day care on campus, and pay rent on a place that's $400 over budget. She's dumb as a plank.  

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I died laughing during the apartment hunting sequence! $400 a month difference? Miss Chloe will have to take out mega loans to pay for all this. Plus having to go visit Max in jail between shifts at Applebee's and her college classes. 

I remember my first apartment. It was in a dicey neighborhood, and cheap. I was a college student, worked full time as a waitress and went to school. It was still a shock when those first utility bills arrived. Chloe gleefully says she'll go to school, work part time, send Ava to day care on campus, and pay rent on a place that's $400 over budget. She's dumb as a plank.  

And! And ! There is still a possibility of Max going to jail. So this dingbat will be on the hook for the entire $1,400.! I hope her mother stands strong and let's her learn this hard life lesson. 

• Love 16

I cannot get over McKayla's awfulness. She doesn't even pretend that she's not keeping Caelen and Shelley from Timmy solely for spite. 

Poor little Hailey is just so dumb. I confess I have a soft spot for her. She seems like a sweet, if not too bright, girl. She will be far better off without Matthew. I just hope she gets her picker fixed before she latches on to another guy. She appears to have simple dreams. She could probably have a pleasant life if she got a guy who's as nice and dumb as she is.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

And! And ! There is still a possibility of Max going to jail. So this dingbat will be on the hook for the entire $1,400.! I hope her mother stands strong and let's her learn this hard life lesson. 

I don't know first hand, but I'm pretty sure an opioid addiction isn't cheap.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Mr. Minor said:

I am also unsure, but I think you are correct.  So not only should Chloe be thinking about how she is going to make the rent, utilities, car note etc. she needs to be worried about Max stealing what little money they DO have for his addiction.  She also needs to be aware that Max is thinking about knocking her up again. Making her situation exponentially worse. 

This will all end in tears. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

It's not! You can easily pay $10 and up per pill on the street. I've heard of lower dose Vicoden going for $6-7 a pill,* but I'm sure he's beyond that. 

*I'm not abusing, nor have I ever abused narcotics. I have a brother who's clean and sober after years of abuse, and a FIL who's probably never going to be clean. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"Today's Hailey's baby shower and I just want things to go great" 

Narrator: "Things were not going to go great".

Hailey 2 didn't come to the shower because spotty, frowzy, scrawny dipshit Matthew wasn't there. Perfect opportunity to give him a better look at her boob tattoo. 

I was thinking the same thing. Hailey 2 probably used the fact that Hailey 1 was busy to let Matthew wet his noodle (insert retching sound here). Probably in Hailey 1's bed no less.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would not be surprised if he sneaked Hailey 2 into Hailey 1's home during the the shower. 

She just ramps it up and up, doesn't she? 

She's mad at Caelen because he "didn't speak for himself". That is especially rich coming from Mckayla, who sat through the whole dinner glued to her phone, not speaking a word. And remember when she was talking to Caelen on speaker, last season. "My grandma says to watch your language"! She is such a spiteful, unpleasant, self centered little witch. 

She sat on her phone for a few minutes. Then she actually LEFT the restaurant and let her sycophant relations do 100% of the talking for her. She's such a hypocrite. 

YES! They're laughing off an extra $400/month. My first apartment WAS $400/month! Granted, this was in 1999. But it was a rough area and we didn't have beautiful floors. (It was carpeted; and I'm not sure the carpet had ever been cleaned.) I kind of think that's a right of passage all adults need to go through - that first crappy apartment. And it bothers me to see all these spoiled teens just moving right into a dream home  (Teen Mom, I'm looking at you). 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My first apartment WAS $400/month! Granted, this was in 1999. But it was a rough area and we didn't have beautiful floors.

Ha! Mine was $120 a month. Granted, this was in 1974! It was the first floor of a three decker in Boston, in a working class neighborhood that was hitting the skids. It was nice and roomy, and it did have wood floors. But we had practically no furniture. And when those heating bills came in we almost died of shock. No insulation! 

• Love 5

I cannot get over McKayla's awfulness. She doesn't even pretend that she's not keeping Caelen and Shelley from Timmy solely for spite. 

Poor little Hailey is just so dumb. I confess I have a soft spot for her. She seems like a sweet, if not too bright, girl. She will be far better off without Matthew. I just hope she gets her picker fixed before she latches on to another guy. She appears to have simple dreams. She could probably have a pleasant life if she got a guy who's as nice and dumb as she is.

Great post. I don't understand how her grandparents cannot see how idiotic they're behaving and they need to cut off their support before she ends up pregnant for a third time. She's learned nothing from her life experiences, except that it's never her fault. She is so unlikeable, and I can't understand how she gets any boyfriend. Hailey and Matthew are hard to figure out. I am tired of the slut shaming these teens love to go on about (never about the guys). Hailey's friend was asked by Matthew to see her tattoo - she showed it. Hardly a risque photo. Obviously Hailey felt things were getting sketchy, so she told Hailey all. The end result - shoot the messenger and not the boyfriend. Chloe and Max...? If she moves in with him, she's placing him above Ava's needs. Her parents could have prevented this by allowing supervised visits, allowing Max to parade his ignorance in all his glory. Finally, no matter how crappy a parent/mother may appear, don't diss them in front of their children (Anthony). He knows his mom is not capable of parenting, he doesn't need constant reminders. However, he's an idiot to even say that her mom should allow him to live there for free.

• Love 10

Count me in on wanting to slap spiteful, hypocritical McKayla. She is insufferable and her grandparents need to stop enabling her--if not for her sake, then for Timmy's and the new baby. Caelen may not be faultless, but she won't even communicate with him. "Stop talking" --the most disrespectful thing she could have said to Caelen-- I wanted to smack the phone out of her hand then.

Chloe and the $400 more apartment--ahh the cluelessness of youth! A "mere bag 'o shells" (Honeymooners) --to her. Maybe she's thinking she'll become a reality star or social media influencer? 

• Love 14

I am rewatching this show and I seriously wish TLC would get rid of McKayla as she is such a toxic parent. Who the heck punishes those who love Timmy and future baby, by withholding the children? She's vindictive and needs serious therapy. Anthony and girlfriend (? name) also need therapy (as well a the extended family). None of these people know how to parent because they've never seen functional parenting. Max is such a loser - he just needs to be fired from TLC since he's in denial about all of his poor choices.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Great post. I don't understand how her grandparents cannot see how idiotic they're behaving and they need to cut off their support before she ends up pregnant for a third time.

Because her grandparents are idiots too, and probably always have been.

• Love 11

When I was 16, I was a junior in high school, playing softball and hanging with friends. I had a couple of boyfriends in high school. This was in the 80s and I just don't remember the weight of the world sapping every last ounce of life out of me even when in the throes of teen angst.

Now these girls are pregnant so that adds a whole other dimension but even their friends... everything they do is filled with strife and stress and they are 16ish. What do they have to look forward to when they grow up? Hailey's boyfriend admits that he was playing many other girls and is now pulling a fast one on her with her best friend, who seems to relish being with this elfin mushmouth. I mean, what's left in life now? They won't experience the joy of life as an adult. They will get the euphoria after giving birth but then return to a life of intense struggle and low life guys who treat them like dirt. They'll work part time at Walmart and never seem to have enough money to live with any feeling of stability. It's just awful to watch.

Now you add in their parents who are just as bad if not worse than the kids and you have nothing but an incredibly sad bunch of I don't know whats...

This season I find that I cannot stand McKayla's grandparents. The sight of them sickens me with their enabling and pampering of this little bitch. Chloe is on another planet and headed for a serious reality check. Rilah's mother was just vile to Anthony and he deserve serious credit for being able to restrain himself. 

My parents were of the "once you hit 18, you're on your own. No more support, nada, zero, nothing. Make your own way and if you want to remain living at home you need to start paying rent" so I'm all too familiar with being cut off. Part of me would love to see Chloe's parents do that to her and take Ava. You're such a grown up, then go live with your drug addicted, criminal boyfriend. Have fun.

What an eff'd up cast of character we have here.

Edited by configdotsys
typo
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Quilty said:

Did McKayla do anything when they were getting her shit from the house? I understand she couldn't do heavy lifting but she did nothing!

Right, she did nothing at all to help. Someone else pointed out in last week's episode that Grandma Cindy wanted to talk to Caelan and was asking if anyone could mind Timmy for a few minutes,  and "anyone " apparently did not include McKayla ! Unbelievable. 

This show is so depressing. These girls are looking at hard, poverty stricken lives full of minimum wage jobs forever. Certainly nothing wrong with that per se but it will be damn hard, so hard they may not be able to scrape by without govt assistance. Sad. Chloe is positively delusional to think she and Psycho are gonna live happily ever after. 

• Love 13

I’m a grown ass adult in a two-income household with several decades on Chloe. An extra $400 a month in housing costs is not chump change. I seem to recall back in days of olde, you had to prove that you were making 3 or 4 times the cost of rent, gross, to qualify for a lease, so maybe they wont be approved. Although max’s dad is almost certainly dumb enough to co-sign. I don’t like the guy but he keeps saying he wants his son to live. Co-signing a lease might be literally one the worst things he could do for his son’s recovery.

• Love 12

Bring on the lawyers! I hope he goes for 50/50 and gets it.  However I can't really side with Shelly on the "everyone knows i get Timmy on Sundays".  ehhh sorry grandma... custody agreements don't usually include you. Maybe it should have been YOUR SON gets Timmy on Sundays. 

But its really horrible for MaKayla to say that Shelly isn't stable - have you seen your own family!?!!? 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

Bring on the lawyers! I hope he goes for 50/50 and gets it.  However I can't really side with Shelly on the "everyone knows i get Timmy on Sundays".  ehhh sorry grandma... custody agreements don't usually include you. Maybe it should have been YOUR SON gets Timmy on Sundays. 

I think when Childrens' Services does the site visit for McKayla, she may get a rude awakening.  Some of those visits are done by surprise.  It won't be pleasant.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

But its really horrible for MaKayla to say that Shelly isn't stable - have you seen your own family!?!!? 

I thought Shelly was saying that was because McKayla has claimed that Shelly only cared about getting the kids when they were filming, but not because she thought she should be part of the custody agreements.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I want so badly for Caelan to find a new girlfriend. A pretty, fresh-faced, thin, non-pregnant girlfriend who’s going to college.

Hell, I'd take cosmetology school, a vet tech program, or cake decorating class. Someone with interests and a purpose in life. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hell, I'd take cosmetology school, a vet tech program, or cake decorating class. Someone with interests and a purpose in life. 

Exactly that! I knew my ass wasn't going into a 4 year school. I figured I could still party and be a teen if I enrolled in Cosmetology through my high school. I had that license before I could even drive.

• Love 4

I liked Jessica in this episode.  She was just kinda like, "oh, I know my daughter is planning on moving in with Mex, and she's going to fall on her face."  Sooo much better than last season.

As far as Rosa, I agreed with some of what she said to Anthony, but her delivery was all wrong.  Sometimes people who don't have strong internal boundaries have really controlling tendencies, like that "either you're with me or you're with your mom, but you have to pick" tendency she's showing.  I think a lot of this has to do with--let's face it--no one really knows who's the baby's father.

I forgot Hailey met Matthew in a less than honest way.  What is the expression--if he'll do it with you, he'll to do it to you?  Hmm.  Why doesn't Hailey have more support between her sister, her mom and the girls at the baby shower?  I don't think Matthew should be allowed to sleep over.  I am pretty sure they're having some kind of sex in that bed, and I don't think sexual behavior should be normalized between these two.  I think they should be separate until they can both learn healthy boundaries, and how to parent a child.  

This episode was the first time I could see where people were coming from when they said "Caelen's trying."  The thing is--and I actually don't expect him to appreciate this at 19, so I can excuse it--is that sometimes you can be the perfect person that checks all the boxes and someone is just not going to want to be with you.  I see Caelen's point, where he is saying, basically, "I'm offering you a home so that we can raise our children together," and he doesn't know why she's rejecting it, especially when she's apparently being nice over text, but the thing is...stop pushing, man.  Sometimes love just ain't enough.  And, I'm sorry, but it appeared really immature when he was repeating everything that McKayla said  into the phone to Shelley so that she could instruct him how to respond.  Just put it on speakphone!  Reapeating McKayla's word to mommy does him no favors.  That being said, I don't care how much of a prick Caelen is to Grandpa Tim in Caelen's own home.  I was kind of cheering it on!

McKayla's existence is an insult to the human race.  This episode reminded me that she was prepared to move Timmy into Shannon's disgusting basement once upon a time.  WTF.  Her grandmother Cindy is a close contender for being worst person in the human race.  How does someone with no lips manage to smirk?  Something needs to put the fear of God into that entire family, or they will constantly be utter human garbage.

I hate how, when McKayla gave birth to Timmy, this show previewed it like there was a problem with the heartbeat 

Spoiler

And now they're previewing it like Rilah's baby is going to have heartbeat problems.  As if we wouldn't have found out in the media if there had been a stillbirth or a major birth defect on this show.  Stop trying to gain viewers by teasing a newborn's death, show!  It's pretty gross.

Ok, so Caelen's got this big empty house, and Hailey needs to get out of her environment.  If Max goes to jail, Chloe is going to be up a creek.  I wonder if Caelen could open a home for wayward girls and the (semi)-decent people on this show could link up and support each other?  Season four?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, b2H said:

I think when Childrens' Services does the site visit for McKayla, she may get a rude awakening.  Some of those visits are done by surprise.  It won't be pleasant.

Different states have different expectations but those two kids and McSpoiled in one room wouldn't fly here.  Also, the alcoholic grandpa?  The fight he had with grandson that I believe I read about.  That family may want to watch out or the princess will see those kids on Wednesday night and every other weekend!

The house Caelan provided is far superior to the one room they are allocated at Drunky and Cindy's place. If Caelan is able to provide stable  and reliable day care he has every right to have more than 50% custody, especially when the princess and her enablers have done their best impression of parental alienation as they can muster!  The courts DO NOT look fondly on parents who purposely and without cause not allow fathers to see their kids or make it vastly uncomfortable for visitation to occur.

• Love 7
On 9/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, Mr. Minor said:

Because her grandparents are idiots too, and probably always have been.

Well, let’s see. Grandpa was an alcoholic for however many years (enough to have cirrhosis), Grandma is the enabler, Mother was/is an addict and is still making poor choices......not exactly the parenting hall of fame.

• Love 8

I also was pleasantly surprised at Chloe's mom. She knows Chloe thinks turning 18 is the magic number that makes you able to tell your parents to suck it, you're going to do what you want. She also knows the more she says to her to try to change her mind, the more Chloe will want to do it. I think it's smart to sit back and wait until everything goes to shit. Chloe will be happy for a couple weeks, then Max will either be in jail or will be spending every cent they have on drugs and lying to her about it, the utilities will be about to be shut off and the landlord will be starting the eviction process. She'll run back to her folks and will hopefully have learned that being 18 doesn't mean life will be all rainbows and unicorns. She's so naive and gullible about Max, his addiction and his temper that she's going to have to see it up close and personal to believe it.

McKayla makes me want to slap her into next week along with her shitty grandparents. When they were in the truck heading to Caelens' to get her stuff, her grandpa had to ask her if it was okay to turn on the radio and she said no. Excuse me? If I'm driving you in the snow to move your stuff and I want to listen to the radio, I'm not going to ask your permission, bitch. Her 'stop talking' line every time someone says something she doesn't want to hear would last about 2 seconds with me. I really hope she tries that shit with a lawyer when they're working on a custody arrangement and parenting plan. She's 18, grandma and grandpa can't do that for her. I'd spring for pay per view to watch a family law attorney school her on the facts about both parents having rights to their children. She needs reality to whap her upside her smirking head and her kids need to spend as much time as possible away from that environment. 

Hailey makes me sad. She doesn't think she deserves anything better than skeevy Matthew. I hope she gains some self confidence and grows up once she's raising a baby by herself.

Does Rilah's mom know Rilah had sex with another guy when she and Anthony were broke up? I sure hope someone in that brain trust is smart enough to have a paternity test done when the baby is born. It would be pretty awful for Anthony to have to live with Rilah's mom ragging on him 24/7 if the baby isn't his.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, lovesnark said:

McKayla makes me want to slap her into next week along with her shitty grandparents. When they were in the truck heading to Caelens' to get her stuff, her grandpa had to ask her if it was okay to turn on the radio and she said no. Excuse me? If I'm driving you in the snow to move your stuff and I want to listen to the radio, I'm not going to ask your permission, bitch. Her 'stop talking' line every time someone says something she doesn't want to hear would last about 2 seconds with me. I really hope she tries that shit with a lawyer when they're working on a custody arrangement and parenting plan

Thank you for reminding me! I wish I could have seen my face when Grandpa asked McKayla's permission to turn on the radio! None of them see how ridiculous this little princess is. 

Her "stop talking" gambit will work really well with a lawyer. Not. I can just picture it. She galumphs sulkily into the lawyer's office, flanked by her enabling grandparents. She flings herself into a chair and pulls out her phone. She'll expect Grandpa Tim to do all the talking while she mutters instructions at him. When the lawyer suggests that she speak for herself, she'll snap "stop talking". The lawyer will announce that the meeting is over and express his or her hope that Mckayla can find someone else who can help her. As they leave, Tim and Cindy will dole out the hair pats and hugs and explain that the lawyer is just a big old meanie who's probably just jealous. Then they'll ask McKayla if its OK to put on the radio, or maybe go get a donut. She will pout and say no. they will go home in silence. What a rich life.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

That preview of Max telling his dad to "shut the fuck up!".  He would get the hardest fucking backfist of his life. Then I would go and disinfect my hand because of, you know, the nasty herpes on his lip.

Edited by Mr. Minor
changed hand to fist
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 9/16/2019 at 11:42 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I want so badly for Caelan to find a new girlfriend. A pretty, fresh-faced, thin, non-pregnant girlfriend who’s going to college.

Why? Why does she have to be thin (and isn't McKayla thin?)? And is he in college? Not understanding.

• Love 6

Can someone explain why Rosa chose to move the family an hour way during Rilah's pregnancy? Out of spite? Or for some real reason? Did it happen? So both Rilah and Anthony are OK changing high schools?

Despite how annoying Max may be, is anyone a little blown away by his intense commitment to Chloe and the baby? And he and his father said he never did drugs prior to Jessica banning him from the house? Or did I misunderstand that part?

Edited by BallisticNikki
31 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Why? Why does she have to be thin (and isn't McKayla thin?)? And is he in college? Not understanding.

Exactly. I actually don't want him to date right now. So he can have another baby?

McKayla is an entire beast, but he also kept having unprotected sex with her. And yes, I believe her that condoms hurt. The amount of sexual ignorance our young people have is astounding. I've had to explain lube usage to quite a few. It makes me sad honestly. 

27 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Despite how annoying Max may be, is anyone a little blown away by his intense commitment to Chloe and the baby. And he and his father said he never did drugs prior to Jessica banning him from the house? Or did I misunderstand that part?

He was high at Ava's birth. His drug issues predate Jessica not allowing him into the house. He's barred from the house because he stole his friend's grandma's credit card. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

He was high at Ava's birth. His drug issues predate Jessica not allowing him into the house. He's barred from the house because he stole his friend's grandma's credit card. 

I meant during the pregnancy? Didn't Jessica ban him from the house during the pregnancy? And he tried to say that's when he became depressed and anxious and began self medicating? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

I meant during the pregnancy? Didn't Jessica ban him from the house during the pregnancy? And he tried to say that's when he became depressed and anxious and began self medicating? 

I believe he was booted from the house after Ava was born. Whatever excuses he gives, he's been using the whole time he's been with Chloe and until he admits he's an addict and stops blaming everyone for his problem, it's just going to continue. My son is an addict and they lie about everything. It becomes so ingrained in who they are, they lie when they don't even need to.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you for reminding me! I wish I could have seen my face when Grandpa asked McKayla's permission to turn on the radio! None of them see how ridiculous this little princess is. 

Her "stop talking" gambit will work really well with a lawyer. Not. I can just picture it. She galumphs sulkily into the lawyer's office, flanked by her enabling grandparents. She flings herself into a chair and pulls out her phone. She'll expect Grandpa Tim to do all the talking while she mutters instructions at him. When the lawyer suggests that she speak for herself, she'll snap "stop talking". The lawyer will announce that the meeting is over and express his or her hope that Mckayla can find someone else who can help her. As they leave, Tim and Cindy will dole out the hair pats and hugs and explain that the lawyer is just a big old meanie who's probably just jealous. Then they'll ask McKayla if its OK to put on the radio, or maybe go get a donut. She will pout and say no. they will go home in silence. What a rich life.  

It's like you're there!😂 I can absolutely see it going down exactly like you described. I can totally see her Grandpa handing the lawyer a ridiculous list of things she wants and expecting the lawyer to just sign off and say okee dokey, your highness! Like Caelen can't have the kids when she's mad at him or his mom, that they will have to come to her house for pick up and drop off, that Caelen can't have anyone at his house when the kids are there, Caelen and Shelley can't say anything to her, Caelen can't take the kids anywhere without her permission and that he pay a ridiculous amount of child support. I'd love to see her face when she finds out child support is calculated by using a formula based on the income and expenses of both parents. I hope Caelen's job allows him to have 50/50 custody and if any support is ordered, she will have to pay him. She has no living expenses, he does. 

I just had a thought. I wonder if Grandpa and Grandma bought the crib and all of the other baby stuff they were taking out of the house? If Caelen bought it, he should have told them it was staying at his house so Timmy has a place to sleep when he's there and they can go get one to set up in McKayla's room along with the crib they'll have to buy for the new baby. What do you want to bet they give McKayla the master bedroom because her room won't fit two cribs and all of the other baby stuff? Can't have her royal highness living in cramped quarters!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I also was pleasantly surprised at Chloe's mom. She knows Chloe thinks turning 18 is the magic number that makes you able to tell your parents to suck it, you're going to do what you want. She also knows the more she says to her to try to change her mind, the more Chloe will want to do it. I think it's smart to sit back and wait until everything goes to shit. Chloe will be happy for a couple weeks, then Max will either be in jail or will be spending every cent they have on drugs and lying to her about it, the utilities will be about to be shut off and the landlord will be starting the eviction process. She'll run back to her folks and will hopefully have learned that being 18 doesn't mean life will be all rainbows and unicorns. She's so naive and gullible about Max, his addiction and his temper that she's going to have to see it up close and personal to believe it.

I'm not overly impressed because Chloe strikes me as another spoiled princess who is getting everything handed to her & doesn't appreciate it. She pays lip service to her family's support but then tells everyone - except her parents - she's going to move in with her addict, violent, criminal bf, & take her daughter along for the ride. Who is going to pay that extra $400 she doesn't have any issues with? Smacks of someone who has gotten quite a bit handed to her IMO. Also IMO, if she moves in with Max the gravy train needs to end - no parental support for apartments, daycare, cars, other bills, or even college - they don't have any responsibility to help her when she's deliberately putting herself & an innocent child in a dangerous situation.

• Love 4