Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Your Irresponsible Low Life Mom

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Can someone explain why Rosa chose to move the family an hour way during Rilah's pregnancy? Out of spite? Or for some real reason? Did it happen? So both Rilah and Anthony are OK changing high schools?

I am almost positive it was out of spite. She never mentioned a job change or being near family or anything. And not just Rilah, but Rosa has younger kids as well. So they presumably all had to just change schools, leave friends....for no freaking reason. Rosa is a piece of work. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Why? Why does she have to be thin (and isn't McKayla thin?)? And is he in college? Not understanding.

Those are probably the two things that would bother McKayla the most about a new girl. Especially the thin part because "fat and ugly" will be the first insults she throws at her. And if McKayla's new nursing career sputters and dies (and you know it will), it will kill her for Caelen to be with someone who can do what she can't. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Medsed said:

Different states have different expectations but those two kids and McSpoiled in one room wouldn't fly here.  Also, the alcoholic grandpa?  The fight he had with grandson that I believe I read about.  That family may want to watch out or the princess will see those kids on Wednesday night and every other weekend!

The house Caelan provided is far superior to the one room they are allocated at Drunky and Cindy's place. If Caelan is able to provide stable  and reliable day care he has every right to have more than 50% custody, especially when the princess and her enablers have done their best impression of parental alienation as they can muster!  The courts DO NOT look fondly on parents who purposely and without cause not allow fathers to see their kids or make it vastly uncomfortable for visitation to occur.

I would love to see him have primary custody.  Princessbitchface can get a job at McDonald's to pay child support.

• Love 9

Chloe kills me. She doesn't take Max's addiction & issues seriously, and doesn't think either one of them needs therapy. She talks about the day she turns 18 as if a flood of cash will come her way and she'll be able to afford a nice apartment, tuition, daycare, car payments, etc. She looks and sounds like a 6 year old planning her life as an "adult." I also wish I could wipe off that smirk on her face when she talks about sneaking around with Max looking at apartments. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not overly impressed because Chloe strikes me as another spoiled princess who is getting everything handed to her & doesn't appreciate it. She pays lip service to her family's support but then tells everyone - except her parents - she's going to move in with her addict, violent, criminal bf, & take her daughter along for the ride. Who is going to pay that extra $400 she doesn't have any issues with? Smacks of someone who has gotten quite a bit handed to her IMO. Also IMO, if she moves in with Max the gravy train needs to end - no parental support for apartments, daycare, cars, other bills, or even college - they don't have any responsibility to help her when she's deliberately putting herself & an innocent child in a dangerous situation.

I agree with everything you said. But, Chloe knows her parents can't legally stop her from moving in with him. As hard as it is for them, they have to let her find out the hard way that her decision is about as stupid as  can be. I hope we'll see more about it and learn they let her know they would not be helping out financially. She'll figure it out soon enough when she has no money for groceries because she had to have laminate floors instead of tile. That $400 is going to look like a million when the cupboards and gas tank are empty.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 9/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Hell, I'd take cosmetology school, a vet tech program, or cake decorating class. Someone with interests and a purpose in life. 

By college I mean anything, and I mean ANYTHING beyond twelfth grade.  Vo-tech, dog grooming school, process plant technology.  Hells bells, she could go the Peggy Hill route and get her Ph.D. through those correspondence cassettes from the 80s (and to think I suffered through five years at a brick and mortar school for nothing.) I’d settle for six weeks at the truck driving academy if it put a bee in McKayla’s bonnet.  She’s one of those females who feels she’ll always have the upper hand because she’s the children’s mother.  She needs to be brought down several notches.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 10
On 9/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, BallisticNikki said:

Why? Why does she have to be thin (and isn't McKayla thin?)? And is he in college? Not understanding.

Because I hate McKayla’s shitty attitude and I’d enjoy anything that would make her uncomfortable or think about another person in the universe for a second.  As long as Caelan runs behind her she’ll treat him like crap.  She’s also vapid and shallow, so seeing her ex with someone that she thinks is attractive or worthy of envy would smack her down a few pegs.  She needs to see him move on to someone she  deems “a catch” to wake up.   I bet Caelan could get some cooperation out of her then.  

For the record, I don’t think thin is ideal and I do not subscribe exclusively to Westernized beauty standards, but I’m sure McKayla does.  She’s probably one of those girls that would talk about Caelan’s new girlfriend if the girl wasn’t as “skinny or pretty” as her.  I also don’t care for Caelan that much, but I don't like the way McKayla and her family treat him or make all the decisions for Timmy. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 12
On 9/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, Chalby said:

Great post. I don't understand how her grandparents cannot see how idiotic they're behaving and they need to cut off their support before she ends up pregnant for a third time.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, Chalby said:

Who the heck punishes those who love Timmy and future baby, by withholding the children?

The answer would be McKayla, and her grandparents know it, and that's why they would never cut off their support.

But they helped create that monster, so I enjoy watching their misery.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, Quilty said:

Did McKayla do anything when they were getting her shit from the house? I understand she couldn't do heavy lifting but she did nothing!

I noticed that, too.  She could have turned a few screws, or carried light things. 

Actually, maybe she did, and they just didn't show it.  I'm always suspicious of the editing on these shows.  On the other hand...McKayla helping out?   Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, lovesnark said:

Does Rilah's mom know Rilah had sex with another guy when she and Anthony were broke up? I sure hope someone in that brain trust is smart enough to have a paternity test done when the baby is born. It would be pretty awful for Anthony to have to live with Rilah's mom ragging on him 24/7 if the baby isn't his.

Um, looking at the ultrasound, they said the baby looks just like Anthony.  I certainly don't see the need for a paternity test under those scientific conditions.

11 hours ago, gotta watch said:

Chloe kills me. She doesn't take Max's addiction & issues seriously, and doesn't think either one of them needs therapy. She talks about the day she turns 18 as if a flood of cash will come her way and she'll be able to afford a nice apartment, tuition, daycare, car payments, etc. She looks and sounds like a 6 year old planning her life as an "adult."

Well then she's found the perfect match in a guy who was predicting he'll be a millionaire by the time he's 25.  But that was before he got caught stealing the old lady's credit card, so maybe he's realized his life plan must undergo some alteration.

8 hours ago, lovesnark said:

She'll figure it out soon enough when she has no money for groceries because she had to have laminate floors instead of tile.

Chloe said tile floors were dangerous to Ava because they were too hard if she hit her head, and opted for the $400/month safer laminate. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 9/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Chloe said tile floors were dangerous to Ava because they were too hard if she hit her head, and opted for the $400/month safer laminate. 

One word: rugs, $400 a month buys a shit ton of rugs.

On the question of why Caelyn kept having sex with McNasty....LOLOLOL I’m 61 and I still remember what it was like to be 19. I wouldn’t leave him alone in a room with a bowl of mashed potatoes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 9/16/2019 at 8:22 PM, MilkMachine said:

Although max’s dad is almost certainly dumb enough to co-sign. I don’t like the guy but he keeps saying he wants his son to live. Co-signing a lease might be literally one the worst things he could do for his son’s recovery.

I don't think Dad is really concerned with "Max living" as I think he figures this will be best decision in a bad situation. As long as Max stays in his home, he feels responsible to ensure Max gets to his probation officer, and he's at further risk of Max robbing him blind to be able to party. Max keeps acting delusional, so I don't blame Dad for finding Max a home and then telling Max he's on his own now. All the love in the world doesn't mean Dad has to keep Max in his home.

• Love 5
On 9/18/2019 at 5:28 PM, Honey said:

I would love to see him have primary custody.  Princessbitchface can get a job at McDonald's to pay child support.

I would be pleased if the courts involved were all fans of Unexpected and had McKayla's devious number in advance.

On 9/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well then she's found the perfect match in a guy who was predicting he'll be a millionaire by the time he's 25.  But that was before he got caught stealing the old lady's credit card, so maybe he's realized his life plan must undergo some alteration.

Thanks for your post. when I read the above, I was reminded of how Max minimizes all of his criminal behaviour, and his dismissal of his drug use as "just pills" - What the heck did he think fentanyl was? The US is having an opioid crisis and Max is saying his pill popping is no big deal.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I would be pleased if the courts involved were all fans of Unexpected and had McKayla's devious number in advance.

I understand your sentiment, but courts are supposed to make decisions based only on the (admissible) evidence before them.  It would be colossally unfair for any decisions to be based on the show's editors' unrebuttable version of McKayla.

Actually, I was going to preface that second sentence with "As vile as she is," but really, I don't know how vile she is.  I know what the show wants me to believe, and really, that's it.

• Love 1

I don't agree with McKayla's actions towards Caelyn and Shelly, but none of those is a deciding factor in taking her children away.  If she keeps it up it will be parental alienation but at this point that's not a factor.  Doesn't make it a good thing and I am totally against the way she is acting but it is not grounds for removal of her children.  Parenting classes would be of great assistance to her (and Caelyn for that matter).

• Love 2
On 9/30/2019 at 10:05 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I understand your sentiment, but courts are supposed to make decisions based only on the (admissible) evidence before them.  It would be colossally unfair for any decisions to be based on the show's editors' unrebuttable version of McKayla.

I hear what you are saying and understand/agree with your post. I wasn't referencing the courts having knowledge of just McKayla's (vile) nature, I want the courts to (somehow...) be aware of how much Caelen has tried to give McKayla what she wants - financial support, a house, a dog, an interested paternal grandma, etc. I hope he does take her to court and I really hope the courts see that she has zero interest in co-parenting. She seems to use the children to punish him, and sadly, her grandparents support this behaviour.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, RoxiP said:

Doesn't make it a good thing and I am totally against the way she is acting but it is not grounds for removal of her children.  Parenting classes would be of great assistance to her (and Caelyn for that matter).

I agree with your post. I also do not think McKayla should have her kids taken away because despite her self-centred ways, she does appear to be able to parent, and does have support until her grandparents wise up and send her packing. HOWEVER, I do hope the courts nip her attitude in the bud by allowing Caelyn and Shelly 50% physical custody. No parent should ever be allowed to lord over an ex partner by withdrawing child-parent visits, whenever she feels 'disrespected'. Shelly was bang on - this gal is 'BROKEN".

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your post. I also do not think McKayla should have her kids taken away because despite her self-centred ways, she does appear to be able to parent, and does have support until her grandparents wise up and send her packing. HOWEVER, I do hope the courts nip her attitude in the bud by allowing Caelyn and Shelly 50% physical custody. No parent should ever be allowed to lord over an ex partner by withdrawing child-parent visits, whenever she feels 'disrespected'. Shelly was bang on - this gal is 'BROKEN".

And I agree with you.  I cannot tolerate a parent who uses their children as a weapon.  I was a single parent and never received child support (long boring story) but I always had an open door policy as far as my daughter's father was concerned.  He was welcome to come visit her, take her for the weekend (hey, single moms need a break!), etc.  His friends were all astonished that he didn't pay child support and had no problems with access to his daughter.   I wanted her to know both of her parents loved her and could get along despite their differences (and we had a lot!).  

• Love 3
On 10/7/2019 at 2:47 AM, Chalby said:

I hear what you are saying and understand/agree with your post. I wasn't referencing the courts having knowledge of just McKayla's (vile) nature, I want the courts to (somehow...) be aware of how much Caelen has tried to give McKayla what she wants - financial support, a house, a dog, an interested paternal grandma, etc.

It's the "somehow" that's problematic, if it means anything other than the evidentiary standards in that court.