Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Bear With Me

• Start Topic

Didn't an 'expert' say they were all in the same building so that they could more easily get support from one another?  If they did get this support we weren't privy to it.

And when the couples met up for the get away they greeted each other as if they hadn't been in touch, I thought.

Maybe they were all in the same building just so the 'experts' would have an easier time visiting.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe they were all in the same building just so the 'experts' would have an easier time visiting.

In addition to easier Poseur visiting, consider Silo offered them apartments for filming in exchange for promotion.  Production saved renting each couple a short term home and and the couples did not have to go home hunting.

Just a possibility.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2019 at 8:16 AM, cinsays said:

The only couple I see a chance with is Greg and Deanna but I fear Greg may not be willing to wait as long as it takes for her to loosen up enough. He's trying but he wants more.

I hope he doesn't. I don't get why anyone should put up with the tone and way she's treated him at the beginning of the relationship. If this is her "best," he's in for being talked down to much worse later.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, Drogo said:

I like Greg so much, but I can't shake the feeling he'll be divorcing Deonna. 

God, I hope so. He deserves more than a broken object that he has to constantly try to fix and practically beg to like him. She treats him very poorly. Even when she is trying to be nice to him it's in response to something rather than her taking the initiative and doing something nice. 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, Ohwell said:

I want Greg to get a backbone.

Me too. It surprises me that he seems to be in a perpetual state of kissing her ass. He deserves a mature adult for a wife.

My cable box rebooted and did not record nearly all of the episode. Doesn't seem like I missed much.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

My cable box rebooted and did not record nearly all of the episode. Doesn't seem like I missed much.

No, you didn't miss much.  The bear was the highlight of the episode.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

No, you didn't miss much.  The bear was the highlight of the episode.

This show has been so tedious that without you Primetimer posters (and On Demand), I couldn't have stayed with this show. 

They must be losing viewers with the location and cast

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, I am "old" but I remember the days when you were shocked to actually see one of your teachers in the grocery store! So, while the fact that Amber does have tattoos and does not always speak grammatically correct bothers me, the problem I have with her expressing her very personal feelings and needs so that her middle school students can see them makes me uncomfortable. As a former teacher, I still believe that for many young students, teachers are role models and can provide guidance and motivation for them. Even the other people (Iris, Greg, Keith) who may work with young people have been no where close to as pathetic and needy as Amber has been. As annoying as Iris is, I would rather see someone who is  virgin working with kids than someone desperate for any man exclaim that she needs sex every day. But, I also don't believe that students need to know that much about their teachers and while it has been mentioned that kids don't watch this show, I am sure that Amber's students are this season. I wonder if she is still Mrs. whatever his name is or if she is Ms.? Guessing that since the show has not shown the finale, everyone is still acting like they are still married.

I so agree with you. I am a retired teacher. If your teacher isn't a role model then somethings wrong. Kids spend more time in school than any other place. I would not want Amber teaching my child. I wonder if she still has a job. She is very immature and this was a very poor decision. Tattoos can be covered up. She may speak differently in school. (I curse at home but in 34 years I never once cursed in front of a child). But her actions can't be covered up. 

• Love 7
On 8/29/2019 at 1:02 AM, Yeah No said:

Pastor Cal pissed me off on "Unfiltered".  He was "explaining" Matt's fucked up behavior by pointing to the dysfunction in his background.  Well DUDE, WHY ON EARTH did you think he was good marriage material?  Don't tell me they never talked to him about his background!  Again, just more proof that the "experts" have NOTHING to do with who gets chosen for this show.

THIS!! I don't watch Unfiltered, but re: Matt even being on this show - it's just plain stupid. You don't need to be an "expert" to understand what kind of person NOT to pick for this experiment. I bet any one of us commenting on this show could find the nearest 10 year old, give them multiple choices of contestants and ask them which one should NOT be on the show and 100% of them would say "the homeless unemployed basketball player". That's just ridiculous!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Didn't an 'expert' say they were all in the same building so that they could more easily get support from one another?  If they did get this support we weren't privy to it.

And when the couples met up for the get away they greeted each other as if they hadn't been in touch, I thought.

They also got to the cabin at significantly different times, and the last two couples acted like they had been driving all day when they finally arrived.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

My take was that he was being sarcastic when he said he "didn't do that" in response to feeling annoyed that Amber felt the need to remind him to brush his teeth. That's one situation where I can't fault him. I've been married 20+ years; never told my husband to brush his teeth and he's never told me to brush mine. The only person I've ever told to brush their teeth were my kids when they were 12 and under.

Amber can be annoying even though Matt is a total manchild with poor character.

You're probably right, and I am not siding with Amber by any means. He's a dumbass and she is her own worst enemy with her clinginess and neediness and all-up-in-Matt's-businessness. He is a colossal failure at dealing with her behavior, but I do understand why he's feeling suffocated by it. That stuff would drive me nuts, too.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I so agree with you. I am a retired teacher. If your teacher isn't a role model then somethings wrong. Kids spend more time in school than any other place. I would not want Amber teaching my child. I wonder if she still has a job. She is very immature and this was a very poor decision. Tattoos can be covered up. She may speak differently in school. (I curse at home but in 34 years I never once cursed in front of a child). But her actions can't be covered up. 

I'm a middle school teacher and truth be told, in some ways I am like Amber: I never wear make up or dresses or skirts and am considered a cool teacher. I talk to my students like they are people. We all own and are part of the class rather than I am in charge and you do what I say. It makes for a great environment and kids LOVE to give opinions on all sorts of topics if they believe that people are actually listening to them. This in no way means I speak like the kids do, try to be relatable to the point that I look foolish, or anything like that. There is a line. A very obvious one.

There is no way on earth I'd go on any sort of television program or blog or anything else and "open up" about anything intimately personal. Kids know that adults have personal lives. It's not about keeping them away from real life. It's about putting yourself on display and showing your (sometimes severe) imperfections to the world. In the case of Amber, she has shown her female students that she is so incredibly desperate to have a man that she will put up with just about anything. And, when she gets to the point that she does not want to put up with it anymore, she does not take an, "I'm better than this. I deserve to be treated well," attitude. Instead, she gets sad and all "Woe is me." Great role modeling there.

You tell your students, "You can be anything you want to be. I hope you become better than me at this subject. Never sell yourself short...." Then they see you on television groveling and allowing yourself to be treated like dirt and saying that you will do absolutely anything you have to to keep this loser and continue to sleep with him. It's lunacy.

• Love 21
35 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

They also got to the cabin at significantly different times, and the last two couples acted like they had been driving all day when they finally arrived.

I think they just left at different times. Greg is self-employed so he probably has the flexibility in his schedule to leave earlier in the day. I think Jamie’s job is one in which he has scheduling flexibility and of course Elizabeth’s “work” is probably subject to her whims.

Amber, on the other hand, like had to work so she couldn’t leave until the end of the school day. Not sure about Keith and Iris but maybe it was the same situation there - where they had to work part or all of the day before they could leave. Or they just wanted to pace themselves in terms of how much time they had to spend with the other couples.

I’d think anyone who watched last season would be onto the whole “whoever gets there first gets first pick of the rooms” thing...

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

If Matt hadn't been brushing his teeth, I doubt that Amber would be gushing about how great a kisser he is.

What you said makes perfect sense for a "normal" woman.  With Amber, however, I'm unsure she has any standards whatsoever.  As an obvious example, she rushed into Matt's arms once he offered her some ridiculous sham "excuse" for staying out all night (or maybe more than one night) kissing him "to beat the band".  EWWWW!

I believe Amber has excellent benefits from her teaching job.  I'm sure there are highly competent therapists on her provider list who would be more beneficial to her sense of well-being  than all the fake, phony and bogus shows of "affection" (and other things) from her parasite "husband."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

What you said makes perfect sense for a "normal" woman.  With Amber, however, I'm unsure she has any standards whatsoever.  As an obvious example, she rushed into Matt's arms once he offered her some ridiculous sham "excuse" for staying out all night (or maybe more than one night) kissing him "to beat the band".  EWWWW!

I believe Amber has excellent benefits from her teaching job.  I'm sure there are highly competent therapists on her provider list who would be more beneficial to her sense of well-being  than all the fake, phony and bogus shows of "affection" (and other things) from her parasite "husband."

Never more does someone need to brush his teeth than after smoking a nasty, stinky cigar. Both he and Jamie had them in the hot tub and I recoiled from the smell coming through my tv. I hate cigar smoke.

• Love 8
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Never more does someone need to brush his teeth than after smoking a nasty, stinky cigar. Both he and Jamie had them in the hot tub and I recoiled from the smell coming through my tv. I hate cigar smoke.

OMG!!!  You are so charitable!! 

If any man I was with smoked a cigar in any way, shape, manner or form, I would be out the door faster than a ballistic missile!!  The THOUGHT of having physical contact with such an individual is simply too much for my mind to absorb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Kareem said:

As with Greg, these guys have only weeks to determine what forever would look like with these women. They can’t wait around for their third set of teeth to know exactly what they’re getting into.  I get why they’re conflicted.

The thing is they can break up or get divorced at eight weeks, eight months, or eight years after decision day, too. 

16 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Greg usually behaves in a dignified manner as well. 

Not sure how much of a role model he was in that conversation where he tried to get a woman he'd known four weeks to declare how often she'd have sex with him.

12 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, while the fact that Amber does have tattoos and does not always speak grammatically correct bothers me, the problem I have with her expressing her very personal feelings and needs so that her middle school students can see them makes me uncomfortable. 

Are middle school students really watching this show in significant numbers? 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

Are middle school students really watching this show in significant numbers

Should they be watching it ? No. But tweens and teens are not toddlers, they all have cell phones, laptops, and likely cable TV (this is on cable?) And as word will likely travel fast in her school, Im sure her students will want to watch. Back in 2007, my 13 year old cousin was watching I Love New York (which was the absolutely trashiest show in history... and MaFS isnt falling too far behind, especially with the blurred out naked bits, hot tub makeouts, nipple licking, I cant go on ...) As an early teen (before having a cell phone or laptop) I watched garbage reality shows too. 

I also have the opinion that Beth was brought on simply for ratings because she will do crazy stuff like strip naked and dance wierd. Jamie got gypped with that match and I think a different partner could bring out a nicet side or him. I mean, Beth would make anyone want to yell at her. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3

Matt's a control freak in a passive aggressive way. She was all over him, he leaves. She wants to have sex all the time, he stops sex. He then pontificates about relationships to everyone and I think he believes his own b.s. He's got the situation how he wants it to be, he's in control now. 

• Love 5
On 8/30/2019 at 8:03 AM, GenY said:

In Amber’s defense the footage of her in her panties were on night vision camera. If the show had respect for her they wouldn’t have shown that shit. Who’s actually thinking about a camera filming them at 2:30am while all distraught and stuff. 

Yep, that was the 1st time. when the stage 5 clinger had her epic 1st meltdown when marshmallow matt didnt even bother to come home nor reply back to her texts or calls

The 2nd time that they showed barnacle's butt tattoo was when the mumbling chia pet matt gave her a massage on that "fantasy" date episode.

As far as I can recall, those are the only 2 times MAFS has shown her butt tattoo for no apparent reason other than just to be a total jackass. there might have been more times than that but I cant remember/only know about these 2 occurrences.

This show has sunken to beyond gutter low trash tv. Its only known now for drama seeking/creating, intentional incompatible parings, having a horrendous track record of unsuccessful matches/relationships. And ultimately its just a 3rd rate, super duper scripted and ultra mega heavily edited POS basic cable tv show that we all somehow just refuse to stop watching hahaha

Edited by STRIDER1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Did anyone notice that Iris drove their car to the retreat? Not judging, just noticing.  

Yes but Keith was driving it home so there's that!

Who is Ambers friend Raven?  He's cute and really in touch with her feelings!I

I think Matt's got what Tiger Woods had regarding sex!  

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

Not sure how much of a role model he was in that conversation where he tried to get a woman he'd known four weeks to declare how often she'd have sex with him.

Actually I think that conversation made him quite a good role model.  By choosing to have a conversation with her about the subject, he showed respect for her feelings and a value on communication in the relationship.  And he clearly chose that route rather than the alternative, which would be to just try to impose his desired physicality level on her or to try to shame her into it directly or indirectly.

12 hours ago, lids said:

The other option, they both say yes and then breakup. In recent pictures of Keith, he looks so sad.

Recall that when they went to visit his childhood home, they were looking at a picture of Keith on the wall I think, and he was smiling.  Iris remarked on it and he said something like, "That was before I stopped smiling."  I have always wondered what that was about, but they didn't go into it at all.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

The thing is they can break up or get divorced at eight weeks, eight months, or eight years after decision day, too. 

They had sex. Once. He inquired about that. Not sure what's wrong with that. It was Deonna's answers that made him ask questions like, "So do I need to invite my friends over more?" I think if a couple gets together and has consensual sex, it's not a stretch for the other partner to be puzzled if the sex stops cold but the other person wants to remain in the relationship, but provides little in the way of substance in a conversation.

If Deonna was a grown up, she would have told him, "I think we went too fast...," or, "This is too intense for me and I'd like to slow it down..." then Greg would have an answer and would not need to bring up the subject because he'd know exactly where she stands. Saying, that it happened because he was in the moment having a good time with his friends, and it will happen when it happens, leaves Greg to wonder at what point she will decide that a particular moment or event is worthy of another encounter. That's not only confusing but juvenile. It goes with her stupid baby voice. 

Middle school students who find out their teacher is on a TV show? And a TV show on which she marries a stranger? You bet they are watching it. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Also, Greg and Dionna had sex ONCE?  And not since then ? That strikes me as a red flag. I think Dionna, for whatever reason, didnt like having sex with Greg.

I also think she tried it once with him to give it a good ol college try and then decided it wasnt worth it. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Should they be watching it ? No. But tweens and teens are not toddlers, they all have cell phones, laptops, and likely cable TV (this is on cable?) And as word will likely travel fast in her school, Im sure her students will want to watch. Back in 2007, my 13 year old cousin was watching I Love New York (which was the absolutely trashiest show in history... and MaFS isnt falling too far behind, especially with the blurred out naked bits, hot tub makeouts, nipple licking, I cant go on ...) As an early teen (before having a cell phone or laptop) I watched garbage reality shows too. 

When I was a young teen we didn't have "garbage reality shows", but if we did I don't think this show would have been a good influence on me at that age.  I don't think I'm a prude but I don't think anyone that age is mature enough to be able to process some of the garbage put forth here without a parent around to set them straight  If they had this thread to read with all the opinions about the behavior on this show I might feel better because they'd have the benefit of mature adults to put it in some kind of perspective for them.  But even then I'm not feeling great about it.

Kids can have some pretty interesting opinions.  I don't doubt that some of Amber's students are shocked at her behavior and may have lost some respect for her, even if they wouldn't let her or anyone know that.  Teachers have a responsibility to model healthy adult behavior to their students.  That's why they are not encouraged to let out all their "dirty laundry" about their personal lives on social media that their students can see.  It's the same principle here. I think probably the worst thing she has done is acted like a desperate little teenager willing to do anything including sell out her self respect plus have sex constantly with a stranger that obviously cares zero for her and treats her like crap.  Way to model empowering behavior for her female students......NOT.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Also, Greg and Dionna had sex ONCE?  And not since then ? That strikes me as a red flag. I think Dionna, for whatever reason, didnt like having sex with Greg.

I also think she tried it once with him to give it a good ol college try and then decided it wasnt worth it. 

I don't know, of late I've been entertaining the idea that both Deonna and even perhaps Iris might be waiting until after decision day to finally allow sex into the picture.  They are so afraid of the men being in it only for sex that they want to see if the guy still wants to be with them even without sex before letting their guards down enough to let it happen on a regular basis.  If he doesn't, they will think he didn't really want to be with them.  If he does, they will take that as a sign that he really likes them for them and not just for sex.  They will know that they have their suffering "lap dog" that will take being treated like crap and still stay committed to them anyway, since I doubt they will ever want to completely let go of being in control in their relationships.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I've had the impression since the beginning that, while Deonna likes Greg, she's not sexually attracted to him.  

It could appear that way because she just doesn't want to encourage him before she's ready to take that risk.  I don't know if she would have had sex with him that one time if she wasn't sexually attracted to him, especially so soon in the relationship.  I know I wouldn't do it.....I just think she realized it was too much too soon for her and so she backed off so much it looks like she doesn't find him attractive when she really does.  Her body language is giving off vibes that to me say she's interested but just not ready.  That's my take, FWIW.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know if she would have had sex with him that one time if she wasn't sexually attracted to him, especially so soon in the relationship. 

Or maybe because she liked him she decided to have birthday sex with him, but realized she wasn't attracted to him.   I guess we'll find out on D day.

• Love 1

I’m still going with the she likes him but isn’t good at showing it thing.  Her own sister recently commented on her teenybopper romance that sent her into the ice age for a decade.  

I would be surprised if it only happened once because once in a while she appears to be in a better mood.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Or maybe because she liked him she decided to have birthday sex with him, but realized she wasn't attracted to him.   I guess we'll find out on D day.

I don't think she would be acting as positive about the relationship at this point if that were the case, but like you say, "we'll see".

• Love 3

I don’t get the impression that Deonna and Greg have only had sex once. I assumed his birthday was the first time they had sex but that they have done it regularly after that.  Did they ever say they’ve only had sex that once and I missed it?  Or are people just assuming?

• Love 13
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Actually I think that conversation made him quite a good role model.  By choosing to have a conversation with her about the subject, he showed respect for her feelings and a value on communication in the relationship.  And he clearly chose that route rather than the alternative, which would be to just try to impose his desired physicality level on her or to try to shame her into it directly or indirectly.

That was probably Greg's intention. My reading of it, and maybe Deonna's was that Greg was being pushy. 

3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Greg mentioned  that they've had intimate moments. Was he talking about non-sexual intimate moments?  Was there a recent episode where Greg, Deonna, or one of the experts said that eight weeks in, they've still only had sex once? It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they also had sex on Deonna's birthday, after the double date with De'Asia and Trent, and at the cabin. 

• Love 6

Hokay. I don't know much about relationships, but I believe people should strive to be their best & help each other be their best. WHY be fat & unhappy WITH someone?? I don't understand it. Deonna's sister's boyfriend.... YIKES! I don't know how he got that way, but Greg better be concerned that could be his future. His friend already said he'd gained weight! 😨😂

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Hokay. I don't know much about relationships, but I believe people should strive to be their best & help each other be their best. WHY be fat & unhappy WITH someone?? I don't understand it. Deonna's sister's boyfriend.... YIKES! I don't know how he got that way, but Greg better be concerned that could be his future. His friend already said he'd gained weight! 😨😂

Deonna's sisters BF's shirt did him NO favors.  Youch, moob city!  😮

I have faith in Greg that he will never look quite that bad....

• Love 4

Jamie is QUITE the piece of shitty, HYPOCRITICAL work!! EVERYTHING he says about Beth is true about HIM!! It's hilariously DISGUSTING! I can't STAND someone just criticizing the OTHER person! WTF about YOU?? Talk about YOURSELF!! He said, "There was no complaining & bad energy. You've been pretty nasty to me. A person has a tolerance level for how much crap they can take from somebody & be talked down to & insulted." I laughed SO HARD!! Is he breaking her or is she trying something new? She reacted, but said nothing. Doubt she's that smart & calculated to not fight back to get him to come home. MIGHTY FUNNY how HE decides to "take a step back" on sex & it's BRILLIANT, but had a fit when she proposed THE EXACT SAME THING weeks prior!! WHAT A JOKE!! 😂😂 Shout out to the "experts" that, seemingly, let them twist in the wind for 4 days. Like, y'all don't wanna follow instructions? Ok. Figure it out yourselves! 😂😂

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Deonna's sisters BF's shirt did him NO favors.  Youch, moob city!  😮

I have faith in Greg that he will never look quite that bad....

Greg is wide but he also looks like he works out, just judging from his upper body.

Deonna's sister's BF on the other hand.............😲

• Love 2

Bears are NOT cute & cuddly!! Some attack people & get killed for it, when it's THEIR HOME! It didn't look safe, that simple statement about bears. WHERE were the deterrents? WHERE was the bear spray? Glad nothing bad happened with a bear. 😂

• Love 5
15 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

Nope. As a mother of a ninth grader and fifth grader, I can tell you they are not watching any tv, let alone this nonsense. All my kids and their friends watch is YouTube. I kid you not. The only tv my 10yo son watches is sports. And my teen daughter - nothing. Just stupid YouTube. And just from living with these people, I can say that even if they knew their teacher was on this show, they would check it out once or just find clips on YouTube to share with their friends to laugh at. I imagine how much it would affect their opinion of the teacher would depend largely on how much they like or respect said teacher to begin with.......

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If they had this thread to read with all the opinions about the behavior on this show I might feel better because they'd have the benefit of mature adults to put it in some kind of perspective for them. 

I would be kind of horrified if my kids saw this forum- sometimes it’s as trashy as the show. And it’s littered with harsh judgement of people we don’t know, plus mean comments about personal appearances. I know that this is what this forum is for (and I love it!), but I don’t think it’s exactly displaying the kind of thing I want my kids taking into the real world...

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I don't think we know that they never had sex after that.

• Love 5

I don't know why so many people think that Greg and Deonna only had sex once. We kind of saw that they did on his birthday, but no one knows how often they have been intimate since then. Remember, people lie! Remember last season while Kate was wah-whaing the whole time that her husband wouldn't have sex with her and it turns out that they had been the whole time. The couples lie, the producers lie and I think Greg and Deonna, probably more than any of the other couples, do keep a lot to themselves. And, as someone upthread said, Deonna seems much happier, so maybe that includes letting herself feel loved.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 5

Effective communication?? Really Keith? That's RICH! 😂 Maybe you should try it!

"Jamie's making the effort, he wants to make it work." -Amber (Oh honey, no he's not. We don't know WTF he's doing, but it ain't that!)

SHARE YOUR FCKING THOUGHTS & FEELINGS!! It's NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION!! HOW does withholding that information help the situation?? HOW do you expect to get what you want & need from someone?? TELEPATHICALLY?! It's SELFISH & careless & you can be ALONE then. 😂 If you think knowing those things & understanding each other is unimportant, WHAT is you doing?? WHY bother being with someone?

STFU Matt!! There's no over-thinking & stressing when the person is open & forthcoming!! POINT. BLANK. PERIOD. That blockhead can't really believe a successful marriage involves a spouse spending time with everyone BUT their spouse. 😂 So. Amber says he hadn't said those things to her, but has she expressed her feelings to him & how he hurts her?? Doubtful..This is why BOTH people need to express their thoughts & feelings openly. Jamie O should ask Matt HOW he thinks he's being a good husband & let's see if he can support what he says. 😂 Are they asked what they imagine marriage will be like? Overall? Daily? How it will be? What makes a healthy marriage? Come on!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't know why so many people think that Greg and Deonna only had sex once. We kind of saw that they did on his birthday, but no one knows how often they have been intimate since then. Remember, people lie! Remember last season with Kate was-wah-whaing the whole time that her husband wouldn't have sex with her and it turns out that they had been the whole time. The couples lie, the producers lie and I think Greg and Deonna, probably more than any of the other couples, do keep a lot to themselves. And, as someone upthread said, Deonna seems much happier, so maybe that includes letting herself feel loved.

Some may be referring to the time when he was asking her what it would take to happen again, after the first time; not saying it never happened again.  

Seems some look at it as something he genuinely wondered about and some look at it as bad behavior on his part.

• Love 1

Ok Keith. How can he expect Iris to want to stay married to him because of him when she doesn't know his thoughts & feelings?? She doesn't understand him. He hasn't let her in. So. No Keith. You can't have it both ways. That's unreasonable. Plus. WHY are they talking about Decision Day & staying married like it's permanent? They can divorce at ANY time. Decision Day is just saying whether you want to keep trying. CHILL OUT! 😂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

WHY are they talking about Decision Day & staying married like it's permanent?

It's just part of the MAFS hype.  MAFS wants us to think there is a schedule for marriage success or failure.  Most arrive at the divorce decision before or after the last show.  To put the decision on the final episode of the season is just production crap to wrap up the season which was contracted for a certain number of episodes.

Edited to add in previous seasons several couples have moved apart before decision day effectively ending their marriage.  They appear to be contractually obligated to appear on camera to declare their desire for divorce.  It seems there may be a contractual responsibility and money involved for the characters to appear to declare what they have already made obvious to the viewers.

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Liberty said:

It's just part of the MAFS hype.  MAFS wants us to think there is a schedule for marriage success or failure.  Most arrive at the divorce decision before or after the last show.  To put the decision on the final episode of the season is just production crap to wrap up the season which was contracted for a certain number of episodes.

There was some buzz that the show paid for the divorce if it were within a certain time frame.  If true, and if drama seeking production and clueless experts match someone with a real winner, they should pay to get them out of it.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

Some may be referring to the time when he was asking her what it would take to happen again, after the first time; not saying it never happened again.

That's why I got the impression that it only happened once.   I realize I could be wrong though.   

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I would be kind of horrified if my kids saw this forum- sometimes it’s as trashy as the show. And it’s littered with harsh judgement of people we don’t know, plus mean comments about personal appearances. I know that this is what this forum is for (and I love it!), but I don’t think it’s exactly displaying the kind of thing I want my kids taking into the real world...

I don't agree.  I think reading this board would be like sitting in a room full of adult family members getting their perspective.  That's what I think kids are lacking today.  Either they're sheltered like special snowflakes or allowed to see trash without any adult perspective and neither one is good for them.  At least reading these opinions they will be exposed to some good common sense and moral values....That's the way I grew up before everyone had their nose in a cell phone.  My family ate meals together and communicated their values to me in daily conversation.  Most of the comments here are not trashy and I think it would be better for kids to read them than just be left to read the even trashier comments on some social media sites.  I don't think there's anything wrong with them seeing the kind of harsh judgments that are on this board.  At least those are balanced out here by some less judgmental comments so they will at least know what the different opinions are.  I am SURE Amber's students are watching the show and will hear a lot of harsh judgments about her online in some places that aren't as even tempered and balanced as THIS board, so I actually think THIS board is a better place for them to read than some of the garbage social media sites out there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Either they're sheltered like special snowflakes or allowed to see trash without any adult perspective and neither one is good for them. 

We will have to agree to disagree @Yeah No. I don’t think monitoring what my kids watch and making sure it’s age appropriate is turning them into special snowflakes. I think that’s good parenting. I do think a lot of the comments on here, if uttered out loud and to someone’s face would come across as incredibly mean. I think we come here to vent and snark and that’s ok, but I just don’t think a place where people are making fun of others hair, body, clothes, etc. is ok, nor do I want them reading comments about these people’s sex lives. This is not a kids show, and this is not, in my opinion, a forum for kids.  My kids go to public school; I am not naive - I’m sure they know more than I am comfortable with. But I do think being exposed to everything at a young age is not always good or beneficial, and I try to monitor it while I still can. I sometimes think I shouldn’t be watching this horrible show - why would I want my kids doing it?!?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12