Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Merely speculation for now, but I thought this was interesting and might be of interest to the group

Disney+ May Be Combined With Hulu.

I’ve wondered if this might happen eventually but I would be very surprised if it happens anytime soon. Comcast still owns a third of Hulu. Increasing Hulu’s value just increases how much Disney will have to pay when the deals ends in 3 years. 

8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Merely speculation for now, but I thought this was interesting and might be of interest to the group

Disney+ May Be Combined With Hulu.

IMO, this would be bad.  One of the reasons that I like Disney+ is because I know what's on it, and I know where to find it. I like the format of Disney+ the best of all of the streaming services.  If they can combine yet keep them separate and not change Disney+, then I guess it would be ok, but otherwise it would just be too big for me.  Too much.  

• Love 3

For anyone that may have wanted to buy The Build-A-Bear version of The Child/Baby Yoda/Grogu (whichever you prefer!), not only does the online store sell him, but they now also offer the pram! You can get him with it as a package or buy the pram separately from the look of the site. There is also a soup cup with frog to buy!

Click the link to see everything.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

For anyone that may have wanted to buy The Build-A-Bear version of The Child/Baby Yoda/Grogu (whichever you prefer!), not only does the online store sell him, but they now also offer the pram! You can get him with it as a package or buy the pram separately from the look of the site. There is also a soup cup with frog to buy!

Click the link to see everything.

On their Mandalorian bear I am guessing that the helmet is his head painted to look like he is wearing a helmet. They should make a Panda Bear that is wearing an actual removable helmet and Mandalorian costume and call it the Pandalorian.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

https://ew.com/tv/disney-star-wars-universe/

Article about Disney's future plans with Star Wars.  Says a third season of Mandalorian is almost certain.  Interestingly, it does say there is perhaps talk of a Boba Fett series.

Would love a Boba Fett series, but does it necessarily have to star Temuera Morrison?  Obviously he played Jango, but based on this recent appearance, Temuera is looking old and rough.  Even in the attached picture... Boba Fett looks downright chunky compared to Mando.

Boba Fett is supposed to only be about 35 years old I thought... he easily looked 60 in last Friday's episode.  I guess getting swallowed by the Sarlacc aged him by 25 years?

Boba is 40 (at least). He was created in 32 BBY and Mandalorian takes place in 8 ABY. Also, he was in the Sarlacc Pit for who knows he long and he's a clone which means his aging could be messed up (even if it was unintentional).

As for recasting now? No. They brought Temuera Morrison back as Boba Fett with the clear intention of a spin off or guest appearances in their property.  Given the over whelmingly positive reaction to this episode and Boba Fett/Temuera Morrison it would be sheer stupidity for Disney to recast for any reason other than Temuera Morrison not being available (long term)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Mandalorian season 3 release date is Christmas 2021.  This is according to Kathleen Kennedy who spoke at the Disney investors day presentation today.

Yay!! I thought she said that but no one was reporting it so I figured I misheard her. 

33 minutes ago, Dani said:

Yay!! I thought she said that but no one was reporting it so I figured I misheard her. 

That's what I heard her say.  I hope I am right.

Collider says it's Christmas 2021 too.

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-3-release-date/#:~:text=It looks like Season 3,will arrive on Christmas 2021.

Later start date than this year but all things considered I guess we have to be grateful to get new episodes at the tail end of 2021 at all.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dani said:

Two spin off series were just announced, Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka

I doubt I'll have any interest in either of these series, but I guess you never know.  As long as Grogu doesn't go with Ahsoka, I don't care.  If they change their minds and break up Mando and the Kid, I'm done with them all. 

(I'll keep my Disney+ subscription for the Baby Groot series though. 😉 )

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I doubt I'll have any interest in either of these series

You will have to...Kathleen Kennedy said all 3 shows will eventually crossover into a giant blockbuster conclusion...

• Love 1

Disney Plus to Increase Prices in Early 2021, Eyes Up to 260M Subscribers by End of 2024

McCarthy also announced price hikes: As of March 26, 2021, Disney Plus pricing in the U.S. will increase to $7.99 per month (up a dollar from $6.99 now) or $79.99 per year (vs. $69.99 now). The three-way bundle with Disney Plus, Hulu (with ads) and ESPN Plus is increasing to $13.99/month, also up a dollar. Separately, Disney is bowing a new bundle with Disney Plus, ESPN Plus and the ad-free version of Hulu for $18.99/month.

In Europe, Disney Plus pricing will go to €8.99 per month (up from €6.99 now), alongside the addition of the company’s new Star international entertainment service, which debuts Feb. 23. The company said it would make similar price increases in other countries but would not raise rates on previous Disney Plus customers for six months.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, paigow said:

You will have to...Kathleen Kennedy said all 3 shows will eventually crossover into a giant blockbuster conclusion...

So Fiege and Favreou are rebuilding the MCU over in Lucas Land? I'm down for it...sorry I cannot and will not give Kennedy credit for anything.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, paigow said:

I’m curious to see exactly how interconnected they will be and if they will be released sequentially or with some overlap. 

18 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I doubt I'll have any interest in either of these series, but I guess you never know.  As long as Grogu doesn't go with Ahsoka, I don't care.  If they change their minds and break up Mando and the Kid, I'm done with them all. 

Given how popular Grogu is I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and capitalize on that by having him appear in all three shows. He’s certainly the easiest and cheapest character to have crossover. 

19 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't know if the child is the cheapest since its like 5/6 people controlling him. Lol

True. I was more thinking additional costs based on the assumption that those behind Grogu are Lucas Films employees. 

22 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Seriously?  I didn't hear that.  Sounds awful.  

Kennedy said the two series will cross over with future Mandalorian seasons and culminate in a “climactic story event.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Pedro was asked about the rumors of him wanting to show his face more, during a BBC interview to promote Wonder Woman 1984. Here's the video: https://caked-crusader.tumblr.com/post/637598468629757952/pedro-on-the-bullshit-helmet-rumours-from-a

It kinda pisses me off that one person's rumors made it all the way to an interview. Pedro could have went off on her for spreading untrue rumors, but he took the high ground! I guess it also pisses me off a bit that so many people believed the rumors, because it's so NOT Pedro.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

Pedro was asked about the rumors of him wanting to show his face more, during a BBC interview to promote Wonder Woman 1984. Here's the video: https://caked-crusader.tumblr.com/post/637598468629757952/pedro-on-the-bullshit-helmet-rumours-from-a

It kinda pisses me off that one person's rumors made it all the way to an interview. Pedro could have went off on her for spreading untrue rumors, but he took the high ground! I guess it also pisses me off a bit that so many people believed the rumors, because it's so NOT Pedro.

That one malicious shit stirrer tried to ruin this season for so many people.

• Love 3