Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

What struck me about these - besides their cuteness - is that they may reference story points we haven't seen yet.  At least one of those may be very significant.

I think they're just picking cute poses, not necessarily ones that happen in the show. They already released one with the baby in a stormtrooper's helmet, and that never happened. They also have one where the baby is drinking blue milk.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/144089

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

I think they're just picking cute poses, not necessarily ones that happen in the show. They already released one with the baby in a stormtrooper's helmet, and that never happened. They also have one where the baby is drinking blue milk.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/144089

These are not the same type of figurines like the ones where Grogu eats the frog and sips the soup?  Then there is the one where he longingly looks at the eggs container - though I think that's a Funko Pop. 

I was just wondering whether the one figure might mean Din taking his helmet off so Grogu can see his face and then Grogu playing with the helmet.  Too much wishing?

 

By the way there is going to be a "The Making of Season 2" special  on Disney+ on Christmas Day:

https://www.starwars.com/news/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-season-two-announce

Edited by magdalene
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

One thing bothers me from that interview though...  He said at the very end, "I just want them to make the best show possible."  Shouldn't he have said "us" or "we"??

I dunno, seems pretty on point for Pedro, who is pretty humble. He was probably referring to Feloni and Favreau, since they're the creators. I just watched another interview with Pedro where they mentioned all his projects that he has coming out, and he basically just said he was lucky to be in projects with great directors, instead of saying something about how he's excited for people to see the work that's he's done. Also, Favreau already confirmed Pedro is going to be in Season 3.

3 hours ago, magdalene said:

These are not the same type of figurines like the ones where Grogu eats the frog and sips the soup?  Then there is the one where he longingly looks at the eggs container - though I think that's a Funko Pop. 

I'm pretty sure they're the same type. You can see them all here. They're all a little over 2 inches tall. I think the egg one you're referring to is a Funko pop, like you said.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I dunno, seems pretty on point for Pedro, who is pretty humble. He was probably referring to Feloni and Favreau, since they're the creators. I just watched another interview with Pedro where they mentioned all his projects that he has coming out, and he basically just said he was lucky to be in projects with great directors, instead of saying something about how he's excited for people to see the work that's he's done. Also, Favreau already confirmed Pedro is going to be in Season 3.

Oh, that's an excellent point - thank you!  And I didn't see/hear Favreau say that - also great news!!  I had no doubt, honestly, but confirmation is always nice too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Dani said:

Jon Favreau is going to be on Good Morning American tomorrow morning. 

I hope they flat out ask him - and he answers - about season 3.  I'm not able to watch; if someone else is, please report back!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Mandalorian showrunner Jon Favreau clarifies what The Book of Boba Fett is

"We didn't want to spoil the surprise during the big Kathleen Kennedy announcement of all the shows [during Investor Day earlier this month], so they let me keep this one a secret, " Favreau says. "So this is actually separate from The Mandalorian season 3. But what we didn't say in that announcement is the next show coming up — what Kathy called 'the next chapter' — is going to be The Book of Boba Fett, and then we go into production right after that on The Mandalorian, back with the main character that we all know and love ... pretty soon following that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, TheOtherOne said:

The Mandalorian showrunner Jon Favreau clarifies what The Book of Boba Fett is

"We didn't want to spoil the surprise during the big Kathleen Kennedy announcement of all the shows [during Investor Day earlier this month], so they let me keep this one a secret, " Favreau says. "So this is actually separate from The Mandalorian season 3. But what we didn't say in that announcement is the next show coming up — what Kathy called 'the next chapter' — is going to be The Book of Boba Fett, and then we go into production right after that on The Mandalorian, back with the main character that we all know and love ... pretty soon following that.

PHEW!!  Thank you for letting us know!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Glad they cleared it up. Someone said to expect something today because Disney usually waits 3 days. 

This does tell me that Mandalorian S3 is probably scheduled for 2022. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

At the investor meeting they said season 3 will be December 2021. 

Going by Favreau's comment it doesn't sound like it. Sounds like she said the next chapter, meaning Boba Fett, airs in December 2021. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The article says both will be airing in December. To me it sounds like Boba Fett is filming now, the Mandalorian S3 will start after filming right after that.

Quote

Appearing on Good Morning America on Monday, the showrunner and director explained that The Book of Boba Fett will indeed be a stand-alone spin-off series — not some sort of replacement for The Mandalorian season 3, even though both titles will premiere December 2021.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The article says both will be airing in December. To me it sounds like Boba Fett is filming now, the Mandalorian S3 will start after filming right after that.

I think they both will use the same technology - the Volume or whatever it's called - so they can't film at the same time.  This also allows Pedro to finish his movie and do his Wonder Woman press tour.  It all makes sense to me. 😉 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The article says both will be airing in December. To me it sounds like Boba Fett is filming now, the Mandalorian S3 will start after filming right after that

Until that's officially announced (something they quote from Kennedy, Feloni or Favreau) I'm going to assume that's their speculation. Entertainment writers get this crap wrong all the time, I generally only pay attention to direct quotes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Favreau said the Boba Fett show was in production now, with Mandalorian season 3 being in pre-production. Logistically and going by the shooting length and schedule of the first two seasons I think that means 2022 for new episodes of Mando, though probably not the latter part of 2022.  You have to keep in mind that the first two seasons were already filming for several months by now. 

You guys have brought me around to assume Grogu will eventually be back on the show.  But it's going to be a long wait. It might not be in season 3 because he had such an emotional good bye and they might want to let that resonate.  Unless there is some kind of significant time jump then maybe.  If they start immediately after this season, no.  I just don't see Luke showing up a couple of weeks after he took the baby and say: "The little trouble maker ate all the cookies, here take him back".     Sniffles. Even though I want that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

First.....huge sigh of relief over them being confirmed to be separate series.   😄

ETA: Never mind....I didn’t see that it had already been quoted.  Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I think the EW article is still running with the earlier assumption that a Season 3 premiere date had been announced.  But since it has been clarified that “the next chapter” actually refers to the Boba Fett series, not the Mandalorian S3, I think it’s safe to say that we don’t actually have any idea when it will air.  For all we know, it could actually air before The Book of Boba Fett, even though it doesn’t start filming until afterwards. 

As for Grogu, yeah, now that I know the show isn’t shifting focus from Din to Boba, I’m going to assume Grogu will also be back.  Not sure how they’ll explain that yet, but I think he will be.  But I’m assuming S3 will also focus more on Mandalorian politics and the whole Dark Saber thing.  The Dark Saber might be Din’s new quest.

Edited by Starfish35 · Reason: Removing redundant quote
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If they only have one Volume to film on, it makes sense that they would have to wait until Boba Fett is done filming before they start Mando Season 3. Yes, they could film at the same time, but that would probably be pretty messy and complicated. I'm just glad it was confirmed that it was two separate shows!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I think the EW article is still running with the earlier assumption that a Season 3 premiere date had been announced.  But since it has been clarified that “the next chapter” actually refers to the Boba Fett series, not the Mandalorian S3, I think it’s safe to say that we don’t actually have any idea when it will air.  For all we know, it could actually air before The Book of Boba Fett, even though it doesn’t start filming until afterwards. 

I think you’re right. With all four shows in pre-production or production and set at the same time it’s impossible to know what order they are going to air in. With 11 Star Wars shows premiering over the next three years it will be interesting to see how they are scheduled. 

1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

If they only have one Volume to film on, it makes sense that they would have to wait until Boba Fett is done filming before they start Mando Season 3. Yes, they could film at the same time, but that would probably be pretty messy and complicated. I'm just glad it was confirmed that it was two separate shows!

It was also reported that a very large set was being built for season 3 so there could be some overlap. During investor day Kennedy said that they are building three more Volumes. A second in LA, one in Australia and one in London. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, Dani said:

It was also reported that a very large set was being built for season 3 so there could be some overlap. During investor day Kennedy said that they are building three more Volumes. A second in LA, one in Australia and one in London. 

The Volume in Australia *might* already be done... I read somewhere that they were using it for Thor: Love and Thunder.  I saw an interview with Natalie Portman months ago, and she was already in Australia getting ready for filming.  I'd assume that they've started by now, but don't know for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did you guys see the darling Holiday post Werner Herzog's family made showing him with the life size expensive Baby Grogu? I can't find it now but he looked so adorably happy to be with the baby again. That man has always been expressing my sentiments exactly when it comes to the child.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

If you want a Mandalorian gift that you can afford, get one of these. Grogu of is over 3 1/2 inches or over 4 inches including the base. Put the candy in Grogu's head and when you push the button Grogu dispenses a piece of candy from the base and makes Grogu sounds! The only way this could have been better, would be if the candy was dispensed into Grogu's hand. Under $5.00 regular price, I got mine at a deep discount from RiteAid. The seam around his ear is a lot less noticeable than it is in the picture.

Star Wars Candy Dispensers

880155020_2__35763.1599749672.1280.1280_

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

when you push the button Grogu dispenses a piece of candy   Viagara from the base and makes Grogu sounds! I got mine at a deep discount from RiteAid. 

Star Wars Candy Dispensers

880155020_2__35763.1599749672.1280.1280_

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, paigow said:
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

when you push the button Grogu dispenses a piece of candy   Viagara from the base and makes Grogu sounds! I got mine at a deep discount from RiteAid. 

Star Wars Candy Dispensers

880155020_2__35763.1599749672.1280.1280_

 

Read more  

 

And if it stays GREEN for more than 4 hours consult a doctor.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

If you want a Mandalorian gift that you can afford, get one of these. Grogu of is over 3 1/2 inches or over 4 inches including the base. Put the candy in Grogu's head and when you push the button Grogu dispenses a piece of candy from the base and makes Grogu sounds! The only way this could have been better, would be if the candy was dispensed into Grogu's hand. Under $5.00 regular price, I got mine at a deep discount from RiteAid. The seam around his ear is a lot less noticeable than it is in the picture.

Star Wars Candy Dispensers

880155020_2__35763.1599749672.1280.1280_

 

I got one as a stocking stuffer!  The candy is actually good, too. 🙂  But a warning, it's pretty loud and goes on for awhile. 🤣

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Nominations for Critics Choice Super Awards: Airing Jan 10 / 21

  • Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
  • Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series – Pedro Pascal 
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, paigow said:

Nominations for Critics Choice Super Awards: Airing Jan 10 / 21

  • Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
  • Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series – Pedro Pascal 

The nomination for Pedro is interesting to me considering that he’s evidently not in the armor much of the time and even when he is we can’t see what he’s doing facially. I think the body acting is really good but what’s him and what’s the stunt guys? If it’s for his voice acting, that’s cool, but I think that should be clearer because he’s not responsible for all of the acting for the character. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, bethy said:

The nomination for Pedro is interesting to me considering that he’s evidently not in the armor much of the time and even when he is we can’t see what he’s doing facially. I think the body acting is really good but what’s him and what’s the stunt guys? If it’s for his voice acting, that’s cool, but I think that should be clearer because he’s not responsible for all of the acting for the character. 

Television acting awards are usually based on a single episode chosen by the actor. It’s most likely that Pedro’s nomination is from one of two episode’s where we see him. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, bethy said:

The nomination for Pedro is interesting to me considering that he’s evidently not in the armor much of the time and even when he is we can’t see what he’s doing facially. I think the body acting is really good but what’s him and what’s the stunt guys? If it’s for his voice acting, that’s cool, but I think that should be clearer because he’s not responsible for all of the acting for the character. 

If you watch the behind the scenes of season 2 documentary, he's in the armor quite a bit. But a lot of times while watching the show, I can't tell if it's him or not in the armor, so for me it's the voice that really makes the character. Although it would be nice for there to be some kind of joint award, it just doesn't exist.

Also, I looked it up, and this a new awards show:

The Critics Choice Association (CCA) is pleased to announce the inaugural Critics Choice Super Awards, a special event honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action and Animation.  The awards presentation, which will be produced remotely following COVID safety protocols, will air as a television special on The CW Network on Sunday, January 10, 2021 (8:00-10:00pm ET).

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Series Wins; Pedro loses

  • BEST SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES - The Mandalorian (Disney+)
  • BEST ACTOR IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES- Patrick Stewart – Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

According to Production Weekly - which is a reliable industry news source -  Mandalorian season 3 will start filming in August 2021.  Which means a last quarter 2022 release of Season 3.  So almost a 2 year wait for season 3. 

In the rumor department there is supposed to be a considerable time jump for season 3.  If true that doesn't surprise me at all.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, magdalene said:

According to Production Weekly - which is a reliable industry news source -  Mandalorian season 3 will start filming in August 2021.  Which means a last quarter 2022 release of Season 3.  So almost a 2 year wait for season 3. 

It may have been pushed back for COVID. They film in LA and filming has been paused there because of the surge. It’s going to back everything up and create more scheduling issues. 

58 minutes ago, magdalene said:

In the rumor department there is supposed to be a considerable time jump for season 3.  If true that doesn't surprise me at all.

I think some kind of time jump is a given based on how season 2 ended. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Dani said:

It may have been pushed back for COVID. They film in LA and filming has been paused there because of the surge. It’s going to back everything up and create more scheduling issues. 

I think some kind of time jump is a given based on how season 2 ended. 

Yes, unfortunately Los Angeles is still a plague town right now. They got lucky for season 2  with their filming schedule, but no such luck this time.

13 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

It's cold out there in space!

image.thumb.png.535e53984c164b3c5fa12388527f417e.png

adorable and they look cozy!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, magdalene said:

According to Production Weekly - which is a reliable industry news source -  Mandalorian season 3 will start filming in August 2021.  Which means a last quarter 2022 release of Season 3.  So almost a 2 year wait for season 3. 

 

😭

I wonder how many times I'll watch the first two seasons in the meantime. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

This article says that filming is scheduled to start April 5th (barring any unforeseen covid setbacks):

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-mandalorian-season-3-begin-filming-april/?fbclid=IwAR3k4izC0faVJU0dIscIqQZQlNUabE1hQD9nE4E9phE4g0dnOrtc5KRjMv8

I don't know how reliable of a website this is, so it could be complete speculation or a rumor, but I thought I'd throw it out there.  It's source is the Film & Television Industry Alliance.  If they push production, we might be able to get a spring/summer 2022 release.

ETA:  The article says at the very bottom that it's still set to be released in 2021.  I don't know if that can happen...

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size