Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Mandalorian won 1 Creative Arts Emmy yesterday...

Creative Arts Emmys: Full List Of Night 1 Winners
By Peter White, Rosy Cordero, Lynette Rice, Armando Tinoco   January 6, 2024 
https://deadline.com/2024/01/2023-creative-arts-emmys-winners-list-1235696511/

The 75th annual Emmy Awards, in the shape of the two-night Creative Arts Emmys, kicked off this weekend at the Peacock Theater in Los Angeles.

Also, The Mandalorian got 1 nomination for 2024 Costume Designers Guild Awards... 

Costume Designers Guild Reveals 2024 CDGA Nominations: ‘Barbie’, ‘Oppenheimer’ & More
By Erik Pedersen     January 4, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/01/costume-designers-guild-awards-2024-nominations-1235694710/

See the full list of nominations for film, TV, shortform costume design and costume illustration below. The 26th CDGA ceremony is set for Wednesday, February 21, at NeueHouse Hollywood.
Excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television
Ahsoka: Part Eight: The Jedi, the Witch, and the Warlord – Shawna Trpcic
Loki: 1893 – Christine Wada
The Mandalorian: Chapter 22: Guns for Hire – Shawna Trpcic
What We Do in the Shadows: Pride Parade – Laura Montgomery
The Witcher: The Art of the Illusion – Lucinda Wright 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
(edited)

OK so we're getting S4 of the Mandalorian and then they're going to springboard to movies? 

I remember reading something about the plan to created a cinematic universe based around the Mandalorian shows (Ahsoka, Boba, Mandalorian, etc). I guess The Mandalorian and Grogu (bad title) is the start.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I hate this new move. The one show that made you subscribe to Disney+, they remove it from the channel and tell you to pay to watch it in the theater. I guess eventually it will stream on Disney+.

It will definitely stream on Disney+ eventually.

36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

OK so we're getting S4 of the Mandalorian and then they're going to springboard to movies? 

I remember reading something about the plan to created a cinematic universe based around the Mandalorian shows (Ahsoka, Boba, Mandalorian, etc). I guess The Mandalorian and Grogu (bad title) is the start.

There were rumors that season 4 was being redeveloped as a movie. With a movie confirmed and season 4 not confirmed many sites are interpreting this to mean no season 4. Although that we create a looong gap and they could easily film season 4 and the movie back-to-back making it hard for anyone to confirm what is happening eta: Deadline is reporting that season 4 is also in development. 🤷‍♀️

The previously announced movie tying in all the Mandalorian shows was being directed by Filoni so Mandalorian and Grogu is likely the launching point. Season 2 of Ahsoka was also confirmed today. 

2 hours ago, Dani said:

There were rumors that season 4 was being redeveloped as a movie. With a movie confirmed and season 4 not confirmed many sites are interpreting this to mean no season 4. Although that we create a looong gap and they could easily film season 4 and the movie back-to-back making it hard for anyone to confirm what is happening eta: Deadline is reporting that season 4 is also in development. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah in the article AnimeMania linked to it said S4 was in development. I guess it's legit if Deadline is reporting the same thing. 

Favreau created the Disney+ series “The Mandalorian,” which follows a helmet-wearing bounty hunter (played by Pedro Pascal) who starts the show on the run to protect a young, adorable alien named Grogu, better known by fans as Baby Yoda. It is unclear where the upcoming film will fit into the timeline of the live-action series, which has aired three seasons and is currently in development on the fourth.

• Like 3

I love this.  LOVE it.  All of it!  

This show is what made me a Star Wars fan.  Did I watch one of the originals at some point in my life?  Maybe.  It didn't stick with me, though, I guess.  Then they make this show during a pandemic, and I must watch all Star Wars!

Give me Season 4.  Give me The Mandalorian and Grogu.  Give me the next Mando-universe movie.  I'm here for it.  Take my money, please and thank you.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2024 at 1:22 PM, AnimeMania said:

I hate this new move. The one show that made you subscribe to Disney+, they remove it from the channel and tell you to pay to watch it in the theater. I guess eventually it will stream on Disney+.

My understanding from the article is that they are not removing the series from  Disney+. This is addition, not subtraction. They make the movie, release it in theaters, then it goes to Disney+, and while that is happening episodes of The Mandalorian will still be available to stream on Disney+. 

• Like 1

The Mandalorian got 1 nomination for SAG Awards...

Nominations Announced for the 30th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®
The SAG Awards® Ceremony will Stream Live Globally Saturday, Feb. 24 Only on Netflix

January 10, 2024
https://www.sagawards.org/media/news/releases/nominations-announced-30th-annual-screen-actors-guild-awardsr

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series 
AHSOKA
BARRY
BEEF
THE LAST OF US
THE MANDALORIAN

• Like 1
On 1/9/2024 at 1:13 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Deadline is reporting that season 4 is also in development. 🤷‍♀️

Variety was reporting the same thing, so I sure hope this movie does not replace the series. Because 8 episodes beats a measly movie by a long shot.

• Like 2
(edited)

The Mandalorian got a nomination for an Art Directors Guild Award... 

Art Directors Guild Awards Nominees: ‘Barbie’, ‘Oppenheimer’, ‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ & More
By Erik Pedersen    Jan 9, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/01/art-directors-guild-awards-2024-nominees-list-1235700210/ 

Winners will be announced February 10 at Ovation Hollywood’s Ray Dolby Ballroom. The late production designer Lawrence G. Paull, a Blade Runner Oscar nominee whose credits also include Back to the Future and Romancing the Stone, will be inducted into the ADG Hall of Fame during the ceremony. 
ONE-HOUR FANTASY SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES

For All Mankind: “The Bear Hug”
Production Designer: Seth Reed

The Last of Us: “Infected”
Production Designer: John Paino

Loki: “Ouroboros”
Production Designer: Kasra Farahani

The Mandalorian: “Chapter 23: The Spies”
Production Designers: Doug Chiang, Andrew L. Jones

Silo: “Machines”
Production Designer: Gavin Bocquet

The Mandalorian also got a nomination for a Cinema Audio Society Award...

Cinema Audio Society Unveils Nominations for the 60th Annual Awards, Recognizing Excellence in Sound Mixing for 2023
JANUARY 9, 2024    WRITTEN BY: CINEMA AUDIO SOCIETY
https://cinemaaudiosociety.org/cinema-audio-society-unveils-nominations-for-the-60th-annual-awards-recognizing-excellence-in-sound-mixing-for-2023/ 

The 60th CAS Awards will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2024 at the Beverly Hilton. Tickets will be available at www.cinemaaudiosociety.org on Monday, January 15th.
TELEVISION SERIES – HALF HOUR

Barry: S04 E08 Wow
Production Mixer – Scott Harber CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Elmo Ponsdomenech CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Teddy Salas
Scoring Mixer – David Wingo
ADR Mixer – Aaron Hasson
Foley Mixer – Darrin Mann

Only Murders in the Building: S03 E08 Sitzprobe
Production Mixer – Joseph White Jr. CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Mathew Waters CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Lindsey Alvarez CAS
Song Mixer – Derik Lee
Scoring Mixer – Alan DeMoss
ProTools Playback Mixer – Derek Pacuk
Foley Mixer – Erika Koski CAS

The Bear: S02 E07 Forks
Production Mixer – Scott D. Smith CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Steve “Major” Giammaria CAS
ADR Mixer – Patrick Christensen
Foley Mixer – Ryan Collison

The Mandalorian: S03 E08 The Return
Production Mixer – Shawn Holden
Re-Recording Mixer – Scott R. Lewis CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Tony Villaflor
Scoring Mixer – Chris Fogel CAS
ADR Mixer – Aaron Hasson
Foley Mixer – Scott Curtis

What We Do in the Shadows: S05 E05 Local News
Production Mixer – Rob Beal CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Samuel Ejnes CAS
Re-Recording Mixer – Diego Gat CAS
Foley Mixer – Stacey Michaels CAS

Edited by tv echo

The Mandalorian Season 4 Reportedly "Not A Given" After Movie Announcement

According to this article, whether or not there will be a Season 4 of The Mandalorian on Disney+ will most likely be determined by how successful the movie is.

I am speculating that if the movie is a big success, they will continue making movies and if it is not that successful they will continue to run it as a TV Series. Either way, it seems like they will not start making Season 4 until after the movie has been released in theaters.

• Useful 2
On 1/12/2024 at 10:51 PM, AnimeMania said:

The Mandalorian Season 4 Reportedly "Not A Given" After Movie Announcement

According to this article, whether or not there will be a Season 4 of The Mandalorian on Disney+ will most likely be determined by how successful the movie is.

I am speculating that if the movie is a big success, they will continue making movies and if it is not that successful they will continue to run it as a TV Series. Either way, it seems like they will not start making Season 4 until after the movie has been released in theaters.

Ugh... well then they better get on it.  We shouldn't have to wait until 2026 for anything new.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Ugh... well then they better get on it.  We shouldn't have to wait until 2026 for anything new.

The script for The Mandalorian Season 4 has already been written and is ready for production. The Mandalorian actors and production crew are getting ready to leave and start filming something. It hasn't been revealed if it will be the TV Series or the movie yet.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

From The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision newsletter (January 12, 2024)...

https://view.email.hollywoodreporter.com/?qs=5a4cd7ab90375ba671d55f26ed721e927c226b52a6d35a2ee4f6b7b9930faaf1ae1556f6b758012b306bddfe431d70e70b8dbf344e2c78b620da7381b6fd6c6711f7dce3a0bf06f4c72b6ebdf677a235 

Star Wars gave us confusion more than anything else with its Jon Favreau movie announcement. After the very meh season three of The Mandalorian, who was clamoring for a movie? And what happens to season four of the show? What happens to the Dave Filoni-directed movie that was supposed to bring together than Filoni-verse shows? 

All good questions and here’s what we know: Pre-strikes, Lucasfilm was intent on making season four of Mandalorian. The scripts had all been written. During the Great Hollywood Break however, things got re-evaluated, with plans shifting to the movie as the priority.

What happens to season four now is unclear. It’s definitely not a given. If the movie is a success, it could lead to next phase of Mando storytelling becoming movie sequels. Box office and fan reaction would determine that.

Sources say that Filoni’s own movie is still on trac at this point, although it is due to come after season two of Ahsoka, whenever that will be. The good news here, for movie fans at least, is that audiences will have their first Favreau-directed big-screen outing since 2019’s remake of The Lion King.

Favreau is not only directing the feature but, according to sources, is also writing the script with Filoni.

The Mandalorian got 3 nominations for VES Awards...

‘Oppenheimer,’ ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse,’ ‘The Last of Us’ Among Visual Effects Society Awards Nominees
By Diego Ramos Bechara    Jan 16, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/artisans/news/visual-effects-society-awards-nominees-2024-complete-list-1235873314/

Awards will be presented at the 22nd Annual VES Awards on Feb. 21 at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles. 
OUTSTANDING VISUAL EFFECTS IN A PHOTOREAL EPISODE 

“Ahsoka”; Season 1; Dreams and Madness

“Loki”; Season 2; Glorious Purpose 

“Monarch: Legacy of Monsters” 

“The Last of Us”; Season 1; Infected 

“The Mandalorian”; Season 3; The Return 
OUTSTANDING EFFECTS SIMULATIONS IN AN EPISODE, COMMERCIAL, GAME CINEMATIC OR REAL-TIME PROJECT 

“Citadel”; Secrets in Night Need Early Rains; Ocean Water 

“Invasion”; Season 2; A Voice from the Other Side 

“Loki”; Season 2; Science/Fiction; Spaghettification 

“The Mandalorian”; Season 3; Lake Monster Attack Water 

“Willow”; Children of the Wyrm; Crone Duststorm and Magical Effects 
OUTSTANDING COMPOSITING & LIGHTING IN AN EPISODE 

“The Last of Us”; Endure and Survive; Infected Horde Battle 

“The Last of Us”; Infected; Boston 

“The Mandalorian”; Season 3; The Return 

“Willow”; Children of the Wyrm 

The Mandalorian also got a nomination for an MPSE Golden Reel Award...

Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal 2024 MPSE Golden Reel Nominations; ‘Oppenheimer’ Leads Movie Field
By Erik Pedersen   Jan 16, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/01/golden-reel-awards-2024-nominations-list-mpse-1235791970/ 

Both will be presented during the 2024 MPSE Golden Reel Awards ceremony on Sunday, March 3, at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN SOUND EDITING – BROADCAST SHORT FORM

American Horror Story: Delicate Part 1: “When the Bough Breaks”
FX

Barry: “wow”
HBO

BEEF: “The Great Fabricator”
Netflix

The Bear: “Fishes”
FX

The Mandalorian: “The Return”
Disney

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

In in world terms I think its easy to write him out - he lost the election off screen and has retired to his estate.  The real world side though...that'll be tough.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, BetterButter said:

There isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell that these types of decisions haven’t been thoroughly vetted by many top lawyers. 

She wasn’t even fired. Her contract was complete and they decided not to sign her to a new one. 

I’m curious if her lawsuit (or Disney’s response) addresses personnel conflicts. Pedro’s sister is trans and Gina had said that he tried to explain to her the importance of pronouns. I can’t see him wanting to work with her in any capacity. 

• Useful 1

I read the complaint, and it completely glosses over the fact that her contract was most definitely "AT WILL."  Disney, Lucas, etc. could fire her for any or no reason at all, at any time, I am sure.  They'll give her a small amount of money to settle this and she'll go away.  What she calls bullying by Disney et al. was them giving her every opportunity to apologize and keep her job.  Ridiculous.

Also, she says in there that they wanted her to participate in a Zoom meeting with 45 other people, but she instead offered to take 5 or 6 out to dinner for an in-person discussion.  Out to dinner?!  During a pandemic??  Yes, let's all dine on some covid-19 appetizer with our denial of bigotry entree...

Plus, dragging Pedro into it?  For tweets he made years prior to being hired?  His family had to flee Chile seeking asylum as political activists.  You think he's not going to express his personal opinions?  He was literally raised to do so, and everyone has known that from the beginning about him.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 2/9/2024 at 5:55 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Are they not going to have a show in the ensuing 2 years?

If I had to guess, I would say no (show for 2 years), but I am not in the business.

Edited by AnimeMania
clarify
On 2/7/2024 at 1:15 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I read the complaint, and it completely glosses over the fact that her contract was most definitely "AT WILL."  Disney, Lucas, etc. could fire her for any or no reason at all, at any time, I am sure.  They'll give her a small amount of money to settle this and she'll go away.  What she calls bullying by Disney et al. was them giving her every opportunity to apologize and keep her job.  Ridiculous.

She has among the richest people in the world backing her. One who is taking losses from Twitter because he wants to and who just fired at Disney for trying "to blackmail him, with money". Someone who probably wants to force Disney into saying something in any deposition. 

So I guess what is the definition of "small". Is it the amount the lead of a Disney+ show would get without even needing to act in the said show?

• Useful 1
(edited)

The Mandalorian, Season 3, Lake Monster Attack Water, won 1 VES Award - for Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Episode, Commercial, Game Cinematic or Real-Time Project...

‘The Creator’ Tops Winners at 2024 Visual Effects Society Awards
BY CARLY THOMAS   FEBRUARY 21, 2024 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/visual-effects-society-2024-awards-winners-list-1235832348/

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Justin Lubin, who worked on The Mandalorian, won the ICG Publicists' Excellence in Unit Still Photography-Television Award...

“BARBIE” AND “AHSOKA” TAKE HOME TOP HONORS AT THE 61ST ANNUAL ICG PUBLICISTS AWARDS
International Cinematographers Guild   March 8, 2024
https://www.icg600.com/Portals/0/Awards/Publicists/2024 ICG Publicists Awards WINNERS.pdf

LOS ANGELES – The Publicists of the International Cinematographers Guild (ICG, IATSE Local 600) announced the winners of the 61st Annual ICG Publicists Awards at a luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel today, Friday, March 8, 2024.

• Like 2