Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Dani said:

FYI: Episode 7 was shown at Celebration so spoilers are popping up on social media. 

I heard this too, so I'm doing all I can to avoid them!  Thanks for the confirmation.

Experience | The Mandalorian | Disney+
Star Wars   Apr 10, 2023

Carl Weathers, Emily Swallow, and Giancarlo Esposito | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   Apr 8, 2023

Rick Famuyiwa and Katee Sackhoff from The Mandalorian | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   Apr 8, 2023

• Like 1

Nielsen Streaming Top 10: ‘The Mandalorian’ Crosses 1 Billion Minutes Threshold With 25% Viewership Jump, ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Cracks Original Titles Chart

After so many sites writing stories about the premiere ratings drop it was hard for me to even find any on the ratings for episode 3. It was a big increase. Last season only the Ahsoka and Luke episodes had higher numbers. 

It really irritates me how many people write about streaming ratings but have no clue what they actually mean. All that talk about he premiere being down 40% which wasn’t really true. The season 2 premiere was nearly 20 minutes longer than the season 3 premiere. When you take the total minutes watched and adjust for episode length more people actually watched the season 3 premiere than the season 2 premiere. (That’s still somewhat inaccurate since watching of older episodes is also a factor.)

The Mandalorian - Official 'One Episode Left' Teaser Trailer
IGN   Apr 15, 2023

The Mandalorian Actor Warns That Season 3 Finale May 'Hurt Too Much'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 15 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/04/15/the-mandalorian-season-3-finale-preview-death-spy-reveal/ 

Brendan Wayne, who is one of the two actors most often inside the Mando suit — and who this season, alongside Lateef Crowder, is getting more prominent billing in the closing credits — shared in a recent Instagram Story, “This next episode is gonna make you wish you hadn’t asked for more,” because “it might just hurt too much.”

• Mind Blown 2
On 4/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, Dani said:

It’s not surprising but at Celebration Rick Famuyiwa confirmed they consider the show title to refer to more Mandalorians than just Din. 

I really hate this. It feels like a retcon of the show because Pedro Pascal is too busy to do the show and they want their cash cow to continue. Well, no. I am here for "The Mandalorian" aka Din Djarin.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I really hate this. It feels like a retcon of the show because Pedro Pascal is too busy to do the show and they want their cash cow to continue. Well, no. I am here for "The Mandalorian" aka Din Djarin.

Since I posted that I had a chance to listen to what he said and the article I originally read wasn’t very accurate. He essentially said the Din Djarin and Grogu are the heart of the show and that their journey led them deeper into the world of the other Mandalorians.

I don’t agree that this season happened because Pedro wasn’t available. This season went pretty much how I expected based on what they set up in season 2 before anyone knew Pedro wasn’t going to be available. I feel like the audience was just split between people who wanted it to stay about Din and Grogu and those who wanted it to connect to the larger Star Wars universe. Any way they went a portion of the audience was going to be disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Dani said:

Din Djarin and Grogu are the heart of the show and that their journey led them deeper into the world of the other Mandalorians.

This seems fine to me, and I actually like seeing the expanded world of the Mandalorians, but it did feel like Din Djarin was secondary to Bo Katan and whatever that squeezed-in plot from Rangers of the Republic was. But these are the same people that had Din Djarin hijack Boba Fett's show, so........

I think this show works best as it started: a lone wolf who adopts a little force sensitive baby and their adventures in the galaxy. It is not Andor and that's ok. They need to work this out before the next season though, because without the over arching plot of delivering Grogru to a Jedi, the show was kind of lost.....

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dani said:

Any way they went a portion of the audience was going to be disappointed.

It's Star Wars. Someone is always going to be disappointed. Casual or hard core fans always find something to pick at at.

I think Filoni and Favreau have planned things this way. Filoni wrote about the Mandalorians for years before this show.

Current rumors is that S4 is going have more elements of the Rangers show that they were going to do with Cara but with Din and Grogu instead. That should offer lots of side quests and development for Din Grogu the apprentice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, Athena said:

It's Star Wars. Someone is always going to be disappointed. Casual or hard core fans always find something to pick at at.

Very true. 

27 minutes ago, Athena said:

I think Filoni and Favreau have planned things this way. Filoni wrote about the Mandalorians for years before this show.

Current rumors is that S4 is going have more elements of the Rangers show that they were going to do with Cara but with Din and Grogu instead. That should offer lots of side quests and development for Din Grogu the apprentice.

I agree. I’ve seen the same rumors about Rangers being incorporated and thought it seemed like a natural fit with how the finale ended. I’m excited to see where they go with it. 

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

Maybe they could bring back Cobb Vanth for the fourth season.  I want to see him again and he could fit in well with the  "Rangers" elements.  And he fits in well with the Western vibe too.

I expected to see him in this season, given the post-credits scene from Boba Fett.  I can't imagine he'll be in Ahsoka or one of the other shows.

• Like 1

Article from Esquire about the upcoming movie:  https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a43540427/ahsoka-mandalorian-movie-release-date-cast-news-spoilers/

It says they asked Pedro about his interest in joining the Star Wars movie universe before they knew about the movie announcement, and his response was "fuck yeah."  That doesn't seem like a guarded response from someone who is unhappy to me, but what do I know. 😉

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

that should be the response of anyone.  I mean, are you kidding me?  Marvel and Star Wars, its bank for just about anyone to be involved.  

I saw an interview with Harrison Ford, can't find it, but they asked him to be in the marvel universe and he said "yeah, I'll take a piece of that."

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

I saw an interview with Harrison Ford, can't find it, but they asked him to be in the marvel universe and he said "yeah, I'll take a piece of that."

Harrison Ford is no dummy.

• Like 6

According to Katee, Axe Woves (played by Simon Kassianides) was originally supposed to die last year (during Season 2), but his death was removed at the last minute...

The Mandalorian star Katee Sackhoff IN STUDIO Interview | Season 3 SPOILERS
Kristian Harloff    Apr 24, 2023

• Like 2

I watched the Katee Sackhoff interview and took a few points down on what it's like shooting the show:

• She primarily worked with Lateef and Brendan who were there everyday; she does not mention when she worked with Pedro;
  • These characters need more than one person due to the production: there are two units and she had to constantly go back and forth or she would have to review her double's work from the other lot;
  • Many scenes were cut short including the one about uniting Mandalore; like the hosts and fans, she didn't know why the eps are made to be so short - this really affects the emotional ramifications IMHO;
  • Rick, Jon, or/and Dave were around on set or in the lot everyday; and
  • Even though she didn't know about the Filoni movie either, there was chatter consensus that the three shows are interconnected to a bigger story including S3 setting things up for something
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

I hope this link is going to work..

https://youtu.be/LheiQPTdHWU

This was the Mandalorian panel at Paley Fest 2023.  It  shows exactly how much Pedro Pascal hates The Mandalorian (insert eye roll to indicate sarcasm) 

I am shallow so my favorite moment was Pascal putting Dave Filoni's hat on. Also, Dave Filoni is a very funny guy and Katee Sackhoff is gorgeous and funny.

• Like 2

I have never really watched any of the Star Wars cartoons (other than Ewoks and Droids back in the day), but is that blue guy really what we have to look forward to. Because even by Star Wars standards it will be hard not to make him look ridiculous. And they should expect a lot of "I just Blue myself" comments and episode review titles.

On 5/14/2023 at 4:11 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Thrawn was fantastic on Rebels. I think it will work. 

I'd go so far as to say Thrawn is the best protagonist in the entire franchise. 

Antagonist?  

• Like 1
(edited)

Spies, Killers and Internet Daddies: Pedro Pascal, Kieran Culkin and the THR Drama Actor Roundtable
BY LACEY ROSE    MAY 24, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/pedro-pascal-kieran-culkin-drama-actor-roundtable-1235498800/ 

What I do know is if you google your name and “daddy,” 1.5 million pages turn up. So, my question is …
Am I right that you’re having fun with it?

PASCAL Yeah, I am having fun with it. [The daddy thing] seems a little role-related. There was a period where the Mandalorian is very daddy to baby Grogu, and Joel is very daddy to Ellie. These are daddy parts. That’s what it is.

BRIDGES Are you a daddy?

PASCAL I’m not a daddy and (looks directly to camera) I’m not going to be a daddy.
Pedro, you have two shows, The Last of Us and The Mandalorian. Presumably, you don’t always have to be present for The Mandalorian?

PASCAL Correct.

That can just be voiceover?

CULKIN Is that true?

PASCAL For a lot of it, yeah.

CULKIN Really? I thought that was you. I kept thinking, “That guy’s really good.” It’s all a lie! (Laughter.)

PASCAL Now you know he’s better.

CULKIN Let’s get him here. (Laughter.)

PASCAL There was an extended amount of experimentation, being in the suit for a lot of it, and frankly, my body wasn’t up for the task as far as, like, the four months of it. But I was in it. I was in it a significant amount, an elastic amount (he pretends to tug at his neck, where the suit would chafe). But now we’ve figured it out, which is super cool, and amazingly, it gave me the opportunity to be able to go and do something else.

CULKIN That’s good. I have a question. Sorry, I’m curious. Do you ever watch and go, “I wouldn’t have done that”? Like, “He leaned on the thing, and that’s not [how I’d do it].” Do you ever have the sense of ownership of, “I should have been in the suit,” or are you like, “No, this is good”?

PASCAL I think it’s great. (Laughter.)

CULKIN Great. I’m not trying to be a dick …

PASCAL No, I do. I think that there are things that you have to let go of in terms of what can be an OCD level of attention to detail because, you know …

BRIDGES Because we’re part of a collage.

PASCAL Yeah, exactly. But even so much as wanting your component of that to fit perfectly into the collage, you really have to give it all up.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

Next on Disney+: June 2023
May 15, 2023
https://press.disneyplus.com/news/next-on-disney-plus-june-2023

Wednesday, June 28
Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian – The Making of Season 3 - Premiere - Episode 1
The latest installment of Disney's Gallery documentary series pulls back the curtain on the making of the third season of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Interviews with the cast and crew and behind-the-scenes footage provide an in-depth look at the latest episodes of the Emmy®-award winning series.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Disney Gallery | The Mandalorian | Disney+
Star Wars    Jun 21, 2023

In one week, Disney Gallery: #TheMandalorian returns with “The Making of Season 3” 🎥

Go behind the scenes in the all-new special, streaming June 28 on Disney+.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

The Mandalorian Director Confirms What We All Suspected About Bo-Katan
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal  June 29, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/the-mandalorian-bo-katan-director

In Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian - The Making of Season 3, The Mandalorian director and executive producer Rick Famuyiwa confirmed that the title of the show also refers to Katee Sackhoff's Bo-Katan Kryze in Season 3 rather than just Pedro Pascal's Din Djarin.
“Bo, in many respects this season, is also The Mandalorian, because it’s so much about her story, and her journey, and her initial ideas of going back, and bringing her people back together that got derailed after she lost the Darksaber.”

• Like 2
(edited)

The Mandalorian got 9 Emmy nominations...

• Outstanding Cinematography For A Series (Half-Hour)
  • Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
  • Outstanding Period And/Or Character Hairstyling
  • Outstanding Period And/Or Character Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
  • Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
  • Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour) And Animation
  • Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Season Or A Movie
  • Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie
  • Outstanding Stunt Performance

Emmy Nominations 2023: See the Full List Here
BY KATEY RICH    JULY 12, 2023
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/07/emmy-nominations-2023-list

... The Emmy Awards are currently scheduled to air on September 18.

Full list of Emmy nominations:
https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/75th-nominations-list-v1.pdf?q=2023 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
(edited)

Pedro Pascal should have submitted for best voice over performance. He already got 3 other nominations this year but he could have gotten 4. Plus it is not like it's a secret that he never actually wore the helmet this past season.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 2

Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season: December 12, 2023

649aa698-997f-6168-e205-978e71ecab9a.jpg

Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season: December 12, 2023

7d7ec59d-ce7b-caf9-620d-6c272c1b6d15.jpgDisney plans to release The Mandalorian Season 1 & Season 2 on 4K UHD and Blu-ray Steelbook Collector’s Editions on December 12, 2023. More details will emerge closer to release date. 

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1

Star Wars: The Mandalorian: The Manga Vol. 1  by Yusuke Osawa from Viz Media

star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-manga-vol-

Volume 1 contains an adaption of the first 4 episodes of Season 1: "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian," "Chapter 2: The Child," "Chapter 3: The Sin," and "Chapter 4: Sanctuary". 

166 Pages  Available in Paperback or E-book format  

Release Date: September 12, 2023
mando-manga-1.png

mandalorian-manga-2.png
the-mandalorian-the-manga.png

• Like 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sad news: Shawna Trpcic, the costume designer for this show as well as Ahsoka, has passed away at just 56.

That's so sad. I met her ages ago at the Serenity premiere. We had a mutual friend who introduced me to her. She was really nice, funny, and so very talented. I always cheered when I saw her name in the closing credits of the Star Wars shows.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 2

Katee Sackhoff Responds to Pedro Pascal's Comments on Bo-Katan Taking Over The Mandalorian (Exclusive)
By Russ Milheim  November 20, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/katee-sackhoff-pedro-pascal-bo-katan-the-mandalorian-replacement 

In an exclusive interview with The Direct’s Russ Milheim ahead of her appearance at the upcoming Fan Expo in San Francisco, actress Katee Sackhoff, who plays the legendary Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian, commented on replacement rumors that her character would take over as the titular Mando of the Disney+ series.
“And I think in this situation, I think that the story of the Mandalorians and the story of Bo-Katan needed to be told, I don't believe in any way that it was taking away from Din [Djarin's] story, nor was that ever the intention. And you know, Pedro and I aren't in charge of who gets to lead the show [laughs]. This is Din Djarin's show, it will always be Din Djarin's show.”

• Like 3

How true...

The 15 Best Pilot Episode Twists From Lost, This Is Us, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones and More
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, ANDY SWIFT, DAVE NEMETZ, RYAN SCHWARTZ, REBECCA IANNUCCI   NOVEMBER 29, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-pilot-episodes-plot-twists/the-mandalorian-pilot/ 

The Mandalorian
Disney+’s first Star Wars series felt like a bold shift away from the franchise’s established lore, presenting us with a solitary bounty hunter who is tasked with bringing home some sensitive cargo. We all gasped, though, in the final minutes as Mando laid eyes on his cargo — and it turned out to be the adorable alien infant we would come to know as Baby Yoda. And suddenly, millions of voices cried out and said, “Where can I buy that?!”

• Like 3