Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

I can't take the Emmys seriously. They just nominated Don Cheadle for a ninety second cameo in TFATWS.  These voters must be either senile or just lazily pick names without ever actually watching the shows.

These awards shows are all dumb anyways and I never watch them. I might make an exception if they were to put Grogu in a cute little tux and have him on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, magdalene said:

I can't take the Emmys seriously. They just nominated Don Cheadle for a ninety second cameo in TFATWS.  These voters must be either senile or just lazily pick names without ever actually watching the shows.

These awards shows are all dumb anyways and I never watch them. I might make an exception if they were to put Grogu in a cute little tux and have him on.

I think that the people in the industry still want to win them, but I tend to agree. Bridgerton? Come on, that show was horrible. Popular, but not because it was actually great television...

I totally agree with Grogu in a tux. Is there a petition I can sign or something?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

There was a Mandalorian panel (with four cast members) at this comic con in Houston on Saturday...

Comicpalooza Returns, With Mandalorians and Lokis Galore
PETE VONDER HAAR | JULY 18, 2021
https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/a-return-to-form-for-comicpalooza-11605658 

But every Comicpalooza has its marquee attraction, and this year was the Mandalorian panel. "A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away: A Mandalorian Cast Q&A" assembled Carl "Greef Karga" Weathers, Katee "Bo-Katan Kryze" Sackhoff, Ming-Na "Fennec Shand" Wen, and Giancarlo "Moff Gideon" Esposito in what will surely stand as the hottest ticket of 2021.

The panel, questioned in appropriately gushing fashion by KRBE's Ryan Chase, opened by pontificating on reasons behind the popularity of The Mandalorian. Short answer: baby Yoda. Longer-ish answer, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni's fidelity to the mythology and keeping the show focused on the spirit of the original trilogy.

The Q&A, like most, was pretty self-congratulatory, though there were some nice moments. Esposito told us Moff Gideon is coming back in season 3 whether they want him or not, while Sackhoff wondered aloud why stormtroopers are so easy to kill. MIng-Na also talked about how empowering the Star Wars Universe has (recently) been to women over the age of 30.

She's 57 years old, which I only add because looking at her on stage made me feel like the Crypt Keeper.

The fan questions weren't too obnoxious, even though the first one — directed at Weathers — sought dirt on the production of Predator. Esposito remarked how prevalent POC are on The Mandalorian set, and the cast continued to joke(?) about how none of them met Pedro Pascal until the season 2 finale.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Huh...

This is the Law: Judges on the Mandalorian | Comic-Con@Home 2021
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2021

Bounty hunting is a complicated profession. That is why lawyers geeked out over all of the legal issues in The Mandalorian. Can bounty hunters use lethal force? Is it murder to shoot a Droid or destruction of property? Are former Imperials all war criminals? Find the legal answers to these questions and more in This is the Law, featuring Circuit Judge John B. Owens (Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals); U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie Beckerman; Judge Matthew Sciarrino (New York State Supreme Court, Criminal Term Brooklyn), and moderated by Nari Ely (US Courts) and Joshua Gilliland (Greenan, Peffer, Sallander & Lally LLP). Presented by The Legal Geeks: https://linktr.ee/thelegalgeeks

On 7/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, magdalene said:

I don't know whether this is legit or not - but this claims to be an official Mandalorian Grogu and Luke poster:

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mandalorian-baby-yoda-lightsaber-poster/

With the little one building his own light saber.

Screenrant is reporting the same thing, based on a July 23rd tweet by Russell Walks.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

'Mandalorian' villain talks season 3 at GalaxyCon Raleigh
Kathy Hanrahan    July 31, 2021
https://www.wral.com/mandalorian-villain-talks-season-3-at-galaxycon-raleigh/19800325/ 

In person, [Giancarlo] Esposito is calm, soft spoken and charismatic. He's also quite fond of Baby Yoda.

Esposito said filming of season three of "The Mandalorian" is starting soon. He confirmed that we will be seeing more of his character, Moff Gideon, but was tight-lipped on the plot.

"They just finished shooting Boba Fett and soon they will start on season three," Esposito said.

The Mandalorian himself, Pedro Pascal, is in Canada shooting the HBO show "The Last of Us," but don't expect his presence to hold up filming.

"We never have to wait on Pedro," Esposito said, noting that the title character wears a helmet a lot leaving Pascal the option to voice the character when he can't be in the suit.

But with Mando taking off his helmet at the end of the season two, many of speculated that we might be seeing more of Pascal's face this season.

"I can't speak to that. I mean, I know he'd love to be more off the helmet, but you know, his job is to be in the helmet. You know what I mean? That, that's the deal," Esposito said.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

‘‘The Mandalorian’s Jon Favreau On Remixing George Lucas’ Classics In First Live-Action ‘Star Wars’ Series & Baby Yoda’s ‘E.T.’-Inspired Introduction – Contenders TV
By Matt Grobar  August 16, 2021
https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-mandalorian-jon-favreau-dave-filoni-baby-yoda-interview-ludwig-goransson-contenders-tv-watch-1203012666/ 

When Jon Favreau set out to make The Mandalorian, the Star Wars franchise’s first-live-action series, he had a strong sense of the world he wanted to create: Intimate as well as grand, the series should harken to the vision of the original Star Wars trilogy, while taking the universe established by George Lucas in new and exciting directions.

“This was an opportunity to prune everything back to the beginnings again,” the executive producer said during Deadline’s virtual Contenders Television: The Nominees. “And having new characters allowed us to do that.”

The central character for Favreau would be Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal), a lone Mandalorian bounty hunter who chases down criminals in the outer reaches of the galaxy. In pre-production, the creator looked back at Star Wars’ beginnings with A New Hope, intending to surround the character with elements of the genres that inspired Lucas to begin with, including samurai films and Westerns. But in doing so, he came to an epiphany. “What was really mind-blowing is there’s so much to trying to create that authenticity, to make it feel akin to what George had done,” he said, “and then you realize that George was doing it without a road map.”

From Favreau’s perspective, the experience of developing the series spoke to the challenges faced today by a great number of filmmakers in a landscape dominated by pre-existing IP. “To have a way to create a freshness, while still being respectful of what came before, I think is one of the challenges of storytellers in this moment, because we’re inundated with so much content,” he said. “Now, everything’s at the touch of a finger, so everybody has a tremendous cultural context…You know, everybody’s checking your work.”

To explain how he grappled with this pressure—the inevitability of comparison to Lucas’ Star Wars films—Favreau offered an analogy. “We’re DJs, playing Beatles songs. He’s The Beatles,” he said. “And the trick is, how do you recombine that?”

Among the collaborators Favreau tapped to help pull of that trick were director/executive producer Dave Filoni and Oscar-winning composer Ludwig Göransson, both of whom joined Favreau on the Disney+ panel.

Long an influential figure in the world of Star Wars, Filoni played a major role in the creation of an instantly iconic, new character—The Child, otherwise known as Baby Yoda. “Dave had done a sketch of kind of a Michelangelo/E.T. moment, and that was a source of inspiration,” Favreau shared about the Child’s first scene, drawing parallels to Michelangelo’s “The Creation of Adam” and Steven Spielberg’s famous alien. “Then, Doug Chiang and the whole art department started generating drawings of it, and the Legacy [Effects] people built it.”
Göransson, on the other hand, was able to pen a completely unique score for a universe most closely associated with five-time Oscar winner John Williams, using a set of woodwind recorders as a starting point. “For some reason, I gravitated to this instrument that I used to play as a kid, so it was just going to the studio and playing around, away from the computer, with instruments that I could touch, like piano,” he said. “When I saw Star Wars for the first time and heard the music, I remember that feeling it had, and I kind of wanted to re-create that feeling.”

Watch video of this panel here:
https://deadline.com/video/the-mandalorian-contenders-tv-nominees-video/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

^^^ 

CARL WEATHERS (Rocky, The Mandalorian) Panel – Steel City Con August 2021
Fandom Spotlite   Aug 16, 2021

-- Carl Weathers said that when Jon Favreau first introduced the concept of The Mandalorian to him and asked if he was interested, he said, "Yes, please." He said that Favreau is "brilliant." He also said that originally he was only supposed to do one episode. He was also supposed to wear a mask and be a character. However, he thought that wouldn't work because people needed to see his face, but he didn't say anything to Favreau. So one day Favreau asked him if he would be interested in doing more than one episode and also told him that he didn't think the mask idea would work. And Weathers replied, "You're preaching to the choir." 

-- Carl Weathers: "We're going to start a new season of The Mandalorian in the next month... And I get to be in front of the camera again. And I get to direct again. So, I hope you all stay on the lookout for it. Watch it. Support it. Please. Because I'm not just proud of my work, I'm really proud of the show and to be part of it, you know."

The 100 Best Shows on TV Right Now
TV Guide Editors    Aug. 16, 2021
https://www.tvguide.com/news/features/100-best-shows-tv-right-now-2021/ 

38. The Mandalorian (Disney+) 
Where to stream:
Disney+

Sometimes when you strip back a show's gimmick, there's not much else left to it. But if you look past cute Baby Yoda, you'll find The Mandalorian is still an incredibly good show. The series is full of rich new additions to the Star Wars world —  like Pedro Pascal's Mando, Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon, and Carl Weathers' Greef Karga — who feel familiar and fresh at the same time. While the search for a home for Baby Yoda, née Grogu, certainly dominated the second season of the Disney+ series, it was balanced with enough other adventures to leave viewers wishing for more. Is it possible that we're just geeking out about Season 2 showing us a young Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill)? Of course. And if we're being honest, cute Baby Yoda goes a long way. -Dalene Rovenstine

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Mandalorian: Yep, Mark Hamill Actually Filmed Finale Scenes — Plus, Which Jedi Was Used to Thwart Leaks?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 25 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/25/the-mandalorian-mark-hamill-season-2-finale-luke-skywalker-returns/ 

An on-set performance by Star Wars vet Mark Hamill — helped along by all kinds of digital trickery — brought Luke Skywalker into The Mandalorian‘s orbit, for the Disney+ series’ crowd-pleasing Season 2 finale.

As extensively detailed by a special installment of Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (released Wednesday morning; watch it here), a 60something Hamill actually donned Luke’s cloak, picked up a prop lightsaber and made his way toward “Baby Yoda” (aka Grogu). After performing those scenes of a 30something, post-Return of the Jedi Luke, Hamill then sat in a contraption dubbed “The Egg,” which captured HD video of just his face reciting the dialogue, from assorted angles and with varying lighting.

That film and data was then used to create and map Hamill’s performance, but with younger Luke’s face, onto picture double/stuntman Matt Rugetti — who due to secrecy reasons could not be hired via a traditional casting call.

To feature a younger Luke in the Season 2 finale, Mandalorian EP Jon Favreau explains in the special, “We really looked at all the techniques available” — including a completely computer-generated version (a la Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One) and a “de-aging” process he described as akin to “an airbrush artist painting out wrinkles.”

Instead, a version of deep fake technology was employed, using archival footage of Hamill from the Star Wars movies and assorted BTS interviews to create a vast library of expressions and lightning scenarios. The rendered, 30something Luke was then applied atop Rugetti’s face, all the while informed by Hamill’s actual performance (which, by the way, was not opposite any of the other non-Grogu cast members).

As noted above and throughout the special, top secrecy was needed to keep the Luke reveal a surprise, so in scripts and in conversations on-set — even among those who knew the real deal — the name of Plo Koon, a canonical Jedi, was used. (Digital renderings were even created to propagate the ruse; see photo.) That way, on the off chance the script leaked, fans would nod in acceptance that Mandalorian EP Dave Filoni had chosen to introduce one of his favorite Clone Wars characters into the live-action Disney+ series.

(Star Wars Coffee)

E9uMJqoX0AE5L5k?format=jpg

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

The Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards held its first ever awards ceremony last night, but it did it virtually - The Mandalorian won only one award...

‘Ted Lasso,’ ‘The Crown,’ ‘The Mandalorian,’ ‘Cruel Summer,’ ‘New Amsterdam’ Among HCA TV Awards Winners
By Michael Schneider   Aug 29, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/ted-lasso-crown-mandalorian-cruel-summer-hca-tv-awards-2021-1235051600/ 

Best Streaming Series, Drama
“The Mandalorian” (Disney Plus)

You can watch the awards ceremony:
2021 HCA Television Awards - Full Ceremony from Hollywood
Hollywood Critics Association    Streamed live Aug 29, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:
The balloon will be 41-feet high, 29-feet long and 37-feet wide. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is on November 25.

Hopefully the ball isn't that white and blue color. Makes it look like an eyeball! lol

• Love 2

The Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony will air Sep. 19 on CBS. Meanwhile, the first of three 2021 Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremonies took place yesterday (the other two ceremonies will take place today) - The Mandalorian won 3 Emmys last night...

Creative Arts Emmys: ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Sweeps Night One Winners
CAROLYN GIARDINA, ARIANA BROCKINGTON, TRILBY BERESFORD     SEPTEMBER 11, 2021
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2021-creative-arts-emmys-full-winners-list-1235010996/ 

Other big winners on Saturday evening included Disney+’s The Mandalorian, FX’s Pose and NBC’s Saturday Night Live, which received three Emmys apiece. And Apple TV+’s Ted Lasso and Disney+’s Wandavision won two apiece.
Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour)
The Mandalorian • Chapter 15: The Believer • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. (WINNER)
Matthew Jensen, ASC, Director of Photography
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup
The Mandalorian • Chapter 13: The Jedi • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. (WINNER)
Brian Sipe, Department Head Makeup Artist
Alexei Dmitriew, Key Makeup Artist
Samantha Ward, Makeup Artist
Scott Stoddard, Makeup Artist
Pepe Mora, Makeup Artist
Cale Thomas, Makeup Artist
Carlton Coleman, Makeup Artist
Scott Patton, Prosthetic Designer
Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)
The Mandalorian • Chapter 13: The Jedi • Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd. (WINNER)
Bonnie Wild, Re-Recording Mixer
Stephen Urata, Re-Recording Mixer
Shawn Holden, CAS, Production Mixer
Chris Fogel, Scoring Mixer

Edited by tv echo

During Sunday's Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremonies, The Mandalorian picked up 4 additional Emmys (giving it a total of 7 Creative Arts Emmys)...

Creative Arts Emmys: Complete Winners List For All Three Ceremonies
By Erik Pedersen   September 12, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/09/creative-arts-emmy-awards-2021-winners-list-1234831219/ 

Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie

The Mandalorian
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Joe Bauer, Visual Effects Supervisor
Richard Bluff, Visual Effects Supervisor
Abbigail Keller, Visual Effects Producer
Hal Hickel, Animation Supervisor
Roy K. Cancino, Special Effects Supervisor
John Knoll, ILM Visual Effects Supervisor
Enrico Damm, Environments Visual Effects Supervisor
John Rosengrant, Legacy Effects Supervisor
Joseph Kasparian, Hybride Visual Effects Supervisor
Stunt Coordination

The Mandalorian
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Ryan Watson, Stunt Coordinator

Stunt Performance

The Mandalorian • Chapter 16: The Rescue
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lateef Crowder, Stunt Performer
Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)

The Mandalorian • Chapter 16: The Rescue
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Ludwig Göransson, Composer
Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)

The Mandalorian • Chapter 13: The Jedi
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Bonnie Wild, Re-Recording Mixer
Stephen Urata, Re-Recording Mixer
Shawn Holden, CAS, Production Mixer
Christopher Fogel, Scoring Mixer
Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour)

The Mandalorian • Chapter 15: The Believer
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Matthew Jensen, ASC, Director of Photography
Prosthetic Makeup

The Mandalorian • Chapter 13: The Jedi
Disney+ • Lucasfilm Ltd.
Brian Sipe, Department Head Makeup Artist
Alexei Dmitriew, Key Makeup Artist
Samantha Ward, Makeup Artist
Scott Stoddard, Makeup Artist
Pepe Mora, Makeup Artist
Cale Thomas, Makeup Artist
Carlton Coleman, Makeup Artist
Scott Patton, Prosthetic Designer

ETA: The Primetime Emmys (announcing winners of the remaining categories) will air live Sunday, September 19, on CBS and stream on Paramount+.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

No Emmy wins for The Mandalorian during last night's Primetime Emmy Awards show...

From ‘The Mandalorian’ to Michael K. Williams, the Emmys Ignored a Great Year of Genre TV
By Adam B. Vary   Sep. 19, 2021
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/emmys-wandavision-mandalorian-lovecraft-country-shut-out-1235068783/ 

This year at the Emmys, genre series, especially those adapted from comic books, had their strongest showing ever, with 81 nominations across eight live-action shows. During the Creative Arts Emmys, three of those shows — “WandaVision,” “The Mandalorian” and “Lovecraft Country” — picked up 12 wins between them.
Instead, traditional dramas dominated the night, leaving all the nominated genre series winless for the evening.
Genre television has always struggled to gain equal footing when it comes to awards season, but over the last few years, several major titles have pierced that prejudice, especially winners “Game of Thrones” and “Watchmen.”
By the same token, it was hard to escape the impression on Sunday that Emmy voters just really did not want to vote for a show based on a comic book or with actual monsters instead of metaphoric ones.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Exclusive: Sasha Banks on WWE Crown Jewel, Dream WrestleMania Matches and More
GRAHAM GSM MATTHEWS   OCTOBER 20, 2021
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949569-exclusive-sasha-banks-on-wwe-crown-jewel-dream-wrestlemania-matches-and-more 

Banks became an even bigger star with her role on the second season of The Mandalorian last year. She wants to continue pursing roles after her experience on the show proved to be a game-changer for her.

"First of all, thanks for trying to get that out, but I'm not on the next season," she said. "But it was incredible being on The Mandalorian on Star Wars. To be on a franchise that is so huge and so loved, just look at the reception from fans outside of the WWE Universe. It was the best feeling of all time. The projection of that show was overwhelming. I legit felt like I was in a galaxy so far, far away. I felt like I was on a different planet.

"It was something I will always take with me and I took so much of what I learned from acting with them and being with so many great stars to WWE. It really helped my confidence as well when I came back from doing The Mandalorian two years ago. It was such a learning curve and something I wasn't expecting, but now I'm in this whole new Hollywood world and it's going amazingly. I'm so excited for the fans, and I can't wait for my fans to see what's next.”

As for her scene with Luke Skywalker in the Season 2 finale, she admits to knowing a bit about it beforehand (despite other actors from the show saying they were in the dark) but mostly enjoyed watching the memorable moment unfold with everyone else when it hit Disney Plus that day.

“I was in the scene as well, so I had to know a little bit, I read the script," Banks said. "But it was so cool watching it as well because every time The Mandalorian came on, it was always on a Friday so it was right before I went to work at SmackDown.

"I was watching as a fan with everybody else and freaking out even though I'm on the show and then I walked to work. Everybody backstage was freaking out, and it's just so cool to see your co-workers freak out about something that's not just wrestling. It's usually, 'Great match!' or 'Great segment!' Instead it's, 'You're on freaking Star Wars, The Mandalorian.' That episode was so cool and I was like, 'Yep, of course I am.

Edited by tv echo

Saturn Awards Winners: ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ Leads With Five Prizes – Full List
By Nancy Tartaglione   October 27, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/10/saturn-awards-winners-2021-full-list-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-knives-out-star-trek-1234863222/ 

The 46th annual Saturn Awards, which celebrate the best in genre entertainment, were handed out on Tuesday night in LA with the Star Wars franchise garnering seven prizes across such properties as Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker, Disney XD animated series The Clone Wars and Disney Plus’ The Mandalorian. (Scroll down for full list of winners.)
TELEVISION AWARDS
Best Presentation on Television (Under 10 Episodes)
The Mandalorian

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of The Mandalorian cast panel (with Carl Weathers, Emily Swallow, Giancarlo Esposito, Chris Bartlett, Lauren Mary Kim and Omid Abtahi) at Rhode Island Comic Con on Nov. 6...

The Mandalorian RICC 2021 Panel
Gragon Productions    Nov 8, 2021

ETA: The cast's stories of first meeting The Child on set are hilarious.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is celebrating its 95th anniversary on November 25th. 

Baby Yoda "Grogu" will be a 41-foot-tall, 29-foot-long, and 37-foot-wide parade balloon in the celebration. There is also a companion balloon for the Shipship Shifter Knob that he likes to play with.  Here are a few preview pictures:

Baby-Yoda-Grogue-Parade-Float.jpeg?q=50&

Mandalorian---s-Baby-Yoda-Becomes-a-41-F

• Love 10

From Sunday (Dec. 5) at L.A. Comic Con - 2021 Mandalorian panel (with Ming-Na Wen and Giancarlo Esposito) starts at around the 1:15 mark...

LA Comic Con 2021: The Mandalorian Panel Ft. Gustavo from Big Time Rush!
steven alvarez   Dec 6, 2021

Ming-Na Wen: "I hate working with Baby Yoda. He steals every scene. Never work with kids, animals or Baby Yoda Grogu."
Giancarlo Esposito: "Yeah. So when Baby Yoda was presented to me by Jon, we walked by a rolling tray and we were halfway by and he said, 'You want to meet, uh, you want to meet the baby?' And I went, 'Yeah." And he whipped off the canvas cover on the baby and just then the puppeteer was coming over... 'You want to see him move?' ... And I looked at this and I went, 'Hmm,' scratched my head, and Iooked at Jon and I said, 'That's the star of the show.'"
MNW: "Sure is. And he has such an entourage. He is such a diva." (Laughs)
GE: "Totally."
MNW: "Right? Like, he's got like six people with him all the time."
GE: "In my scenes with Baby Yoda, I realized that, you know, I had - there was room and he [Jon Favreau] allowed me to realize there was room to play. And so I never change any of the words or try to improvise at all, but with that baby, I felt compelled to. ... And that's how, you know, 'Have you ever seen one of these?' 'You're liable to lose an eye.' That's how that all came up. I was messing around. I was joking and having fun. Because I realized, oh, I'm a little tight here because, like you, I was nervous the baby's gonna steal my whole scene. (Laughs) So I thought, have fun with this baby and that would be a misdirect as to whether or not you know whether, um, Moff Gideon has nefarious ideas for this child. Or, is it possible he would want to extract something from this child that he could use that would be for the betterment of all of humanity. And then I started to really be free and think, oh, don't think in one linear way, think in a way that's circular that could be inclusive of all of our Star Wars world."

ETA: No surprise, no spoilers were given. When asked, GE's response was, "Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Another recording of the Dec 5th Mandalorian panel (this video has better audio than the video previously posted above)...

THE MANDALORIAN PANEL – LA Comic Con 2021
Fandom Spotlite    Dec 9, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Do you have money burning a hole in your pocket? Get the tennis ball sized "The Child" Quarter Scale Figure in hover pram for the low, low price of $175.00. This is a pre-order with an Expected to Ship Date: Dec 2021.

the-child_star-wars_feature.jpg

He is adorable, just watch where you step!

the-child_star-wars_gallery_5fa0713699a0

The toy is 9 centimeters (about 3.5 inches) tall, and comes with two interchangeable head sculpts, three pairs of interchangeable ears, a beige robe tailored specifically for the figure, a Mythosaur emblem necklace, silver knob and hover pram.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Don't know the reliability of this site...

EXCLUSIVE: Filming on The Mandalorian season three postponed due to COVID-19
BY BESPIN BULLETIN   JANUARY 11, 2022
https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/01/exclusive-filming-on-the-mandalorian-season-three-postponed-due-to-covid-19/ 

Last week filming on The Mandalorian season three was set to resume following the holiday break. However when I spoke to sources early last week they informed me that the cast and crew had not returned to production due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles spearheaded by the Omicron variant, and that the hopes were to return to work this week. Once again I reached out to my sources earlier this week for an update and was unfortunately told filming had still yet to resume on the series and that no hard return date had been determined, but the crew were on standby.

I was told that the pause wasn’t due to cast or crew members contracting the virus, but the decision was made, “to be on the safe side” due to rising cases in the area. However with Omicron running rampant across the globe, more and more productions are being hit with pauses due to outbreaks with Star Trek: Picard being the most high profile case recently, and I’ve been told more productions have also hit the pause button that aren’t publicly known at this time.

The Mandalorian season three reportedly began production in late September at Manhattan Beach Studios, and was scheduled to wrap in early March. Currently there’s no telling if Mando will still wrap on time, but you’d assume not, and with Ahsoka supposedly due to begin filming in March, there’s a good chance that schedule gets impacted by the delay on The Mandalorian’s filming plans. Ahsoka like The Mandalorian is due to film at Manhattan Beach Studios, as well as the train yard location in El Segundo.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Episode 5 of The Book Of Boba Fett is 100% about The Mandalorian and you have to watch it if you are going to continue to watch future episodes of The Mandalorian, major plot points.

Absolutely, and it was so good!!  

Can we get a topic made over here to discuss this episode, and the future of Mando and Grogu?  I think if we join in on The Book of Boba Fett's thread, it'll get derailed.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Can we get a topic made over here to discuss this episode, and the future of Mando and Grogu?  I think if we join in on The Book of Boba Fett's thread, it'll get derailed.

You can discuss it in the Season Three Speculation topic here if you would like.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Episode 5 of The Book Of Boba Fett is 100% about The Mandalorian and you have to watch it if you are going to continue to watch future episodes of The Mandalorian, major plot points.

I just watched and you are not kidding. It can not be said enough that this is must watch for anyone fan of the Mandalorian. I honestly can’t believe how many Mando answers they put in an episode of The Book of Boba Fett. What an amazing surprise. 

TV's Best Recurring Guest Stars From The Mandalorian, Succession, This Is Us, NCIS: LA, South Park and Other Shows
By Matt Webb Mitovich, Andy Swift, Ryan Schwartz, Kimberly Roots, Vlada Gelman, Dave Nemetz and Rebecca Iannucci / February 7 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-best-recurring-guest-stars/ 

Amy Sedaris, The Mandalorian/Boba Fett
Giancarlo Esposito’s Moff Gideon appeared a bit too regularly in Mandalorian Season 2 to meet our criteria, so instead this vote goes to Sedaris’ Mos Eisley mechanic. Long before we learned that she once dated a Jawa, Peli Motto had been established as an undeniably specific part of this expanded Star Wars universe. Rocking a ratty nest of curls and trading pointed banter with her pit droids, she was instantly someone we could rely on for laughs, as well as someone to entrust with the Child (though her recent “petting zoo” comment gives us pause).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Unconfirmed...

Inside Line: Scoop on FBI: Most Wanted, 9-1-1: Lone Star, All American Spinoff, Ghosts, Peacemaker, Walker and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 8 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/02/08/julian-mcmahon-leaving-fbi-most-wanted-season-3-jess-lacroix/ 

Do you know when The Mandalorian might be back? –Kathleen
It is a safe bet that Season 3 will premiere this year, probably around Life Day Christmastime.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
On 2/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, tv echo said:

Unconfirmed...

Inside Line: Scoop on FBI: Most Wanted, 9-1-1: Lone Star, All American Spinoff, Ghosts, Peacemaker, Walker and More!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 8 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/02/08/julian-mcmahon-leaving-fbi-most-wanted-season-3-jess-lacroix/ 

They've been filming since September.  Even if it was off and on with the pandemic and whatnot, they have to be nearly done.  Maybe we can even get it a little sooner than then.  Yay!

• Love 1

Star Wars Director Reveals George Lucas' Main Concern With Grogu
By Andrew Gilman     February 15, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-george-lucas-grogu-concern 

The Direct got our hands on the Star Wars book The Art of The Mandalorian: Season 2, and within it, writer and director Dave Filoni reveals that he had discussions with George Lucas regarding Grogu. In those talks, the Star Wars creator wanted to ensure that the character had learned how to hone his Force abilities:

"I had a talk with George, at one point, about the Child, and his main concern was that the kid has to have a proper amount of training."

As it turns out, Lucas had an indirect influence on a decision made for "Chapter 15 - The Believer" by concept artist Doug Chiang, as well - thanks to a set visit for Rogue One:

"An early idea was that the Imperial drivers were wearing the same armor as the AT-AT commanders [from The Empire Strikes Back]. Ultimately, we decided to go with the tank troopers from Rogue One [a design chosen by George Lucas on a Rogue One pre-production set visit]."

As Chiang explained in the book's foreword, The Mandalorian's art department continues to follow the guiding principles of design Lucas established for Star Wars:

"So, what makes a strong Star Wars design? The guidelines established by George Lucas are simple: Design as if a child could draw it. Design for the silhouette. Design for the iconic logo. Keep it simple. Give it personality and make it believable."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

Best Sci-Fi TV Shows of the Past 15 Years
By Alec Bojalad, Michael Ahr, Kayti Burt, Kirsten Howard, Shamus Kelley, Mike Cecchini     February 25, 2022
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/best-sci-fi-tv-shows-of-the-past-15-years/ 

... Just like we did for film, a panel of Den of Geek contributors and our readers have voted on a list of the 25 best sci-fi shows.
9. The Mandalorian

Star Wars has long been a little too beholden to one particular corner of its mythology. The Skywalker Saga looms large, perhaps too large, in pop culture consciousness. Deviate too much from it, or fail to pay sufficient homage to childhood classics, at your peril. But The Mandalorian managed to deliver everything longtime fans want from Star Wars, while also making the galaxy far, far away equally appealing to those who might be experiencing it for the first time. As much a space Western or a riff on Lone Wolf and Cub as it is an actual science fiction show, The Mandalorian is every bit as cinematic as the most famous entries in the franchise, exploring deeper corners of the Star Wars universe than we’re accustomed to seeing in live action (with apologies, of course, to the brilliant Rogue One).

Alternately as episodic as the vintage movie serials that first inspired George Lucas and as intricately woven as any other prestige TV effort, it’s made all the more remarkable by the fact that it’s anchored by a riveting performance by its lead (Pedro Pascal), who spends all but moments of the show’s entire runtime so far hidden completely behind a mask. And then there’s Grogu (Baby Yoda), a character who should feel like the cloying, craven little cash grab he is who instead became an instantly (and deservedly) beloved Star Wars fixture. – Mike Cecchini

THE MANDALORIAN COMIC ADAPTATION BLASTS OFF IN JUNE – EXCLUSIVE
February 25, 2022
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-comic 

Starting this June, Marvel’s The Mandalorian will be an eight-issue, episode-by-episode adaptation of the Disney+ series’ first season, StarWars.com is thrilled to reveal. The series will be written by Rodney Barnes and illustrated by Georges Jeanty, with several variant covers available for each installment. For fans of The Mandalorian and Star Wars comic-book adaptations, it’s a chance to experience the events and characters of Season 1 in a whole new way. You can check out the main cover for issue #1 by Adi Granov, a stunning image of Mando ready for battle, below.

marvel-mandalorian-cover-436.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1