Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before it happened... someone probably reported GIna's photo.  I doubt that any of Gina's pre-Mandalorian fans would care that she posted that photo.  However, playing Cara Dune on the show has probably gained her a lot of younger fans -- and those fans have concerned moms who probably didn't like that she posted the photo.

16 minutes ago, paigow said:

Not wearing a mask gets you kicked out of Wal-Mart...why not Instagram as well...

Quite frankly, I don't know what kind of mayhem will ensue when Baby Yoda inevitably posts his own artistic nude photo.  Instagram may shut down completely over that one.

Edited by TVFan17
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, magdalene said:

She shouldn't be surprised sadly. 

I agree.   I mean, I understand her not wanting to be censored but I think she had to know that someone would report it.   Again, even if Disney doesn't care about it, the moms of the young Cara Dune fans will care and they will report things left and right. 

1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Quite frankly, I don't know what kind of mayhem will ensue when Baby Yoda inevitably posts his own artistic nude photo.  Instagram may shut down completely over that one.

1482505349_BabyYodaBreakTheInternet.thumb.jpg.ec204f29b47d0d01357a2535a13df844.jpg

• LOL 3

I'm not sure why Gina is so surprised. I thought the photo clearly went against IG's TOS. I'm surprised it stayed up as long as it did.

That post from Brendan was a bit strange. Lots of past tense, and I wonder what he meant by they protected each other. Assuming Pedro was on set more in season 2, hopefully it didn't cause any rifts.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I'm not sure why Gina is so surprised. I thought the photo clearly went against IG's TOS. I'm surprised it stayed up as long as it did.

That post from Brendan was a bit strange. Lots of past tense, and I wonder what he meant by they protected each other. Assuming Pedro was on set more in season 2, hopefully it didn't cause any rifts.

Okay, so I'm not going crazy.  To be honest, when I linked that post from Brendan, I thought the exact same thing -- it seemed 'past tense-ish' to me too.  But I didn't want to point it out and put that seed in anyone's mind because I assumed that both he and Lateef were happily returning for Season 3.  (Hopefully this COVID-19 madness eases up long enough so they can actually start production in October, but it's looking uncertain here in L.A., as things continue to be canceled or shut down again and the number of people who have the virus continues to rise.)  I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who got that 'past tense' impression from his post, even if it ends up meaning nothing!  lol

I, too, hope there were no rifts behind the scenes.  I would like for Pedro to inhabit the role even more, and do more on-camera work, though he cannot do everything so Brendan and Lateef would still have their jobs.   But I always get a very clear vibe and impression from Brendan & Lateef that Pedro doesn't exist to them.  lol  Brendan almost never mentions Pedro's involvement in the role on social media, but Lateef mentions him even less.   Meanwhile, Pedro almost never promotes Mando-related things anymore (on social media), but he DOES mention both Brendan and Lateef in interviews.  It's like Pedro's part of Mando does not exist to them.  But Pedro is the name, voice and now the face attached to Mando, and he is probably getting a nice paycheck for his efforts.  Why not let the guy actually BE the character he is being paid to play even more often?  That could have been the plan all along -- to show Mando's face more in Seasons 2 & 3 and beyond.  Brendan and Lateef shouldn't have expected that the helmet would always stay on after the face reveal in S1.  I am not expecting Mando's helmet to come off in every episode of Season 2, but I'm sure we will see his face more than we did in Season 1.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

I doubt Brendan and Lateef really got to know Pedro Pascal besides an introduction, but they obviously know each other very well. The stunt community must be very tight knit because it is such a physically demanding job and it can be so dangerous.  Watching the fascinating behind the scenes documentary it seems Brendan Wayne did all the weapons stunts and Lateef did the physical stunts.  So Mando is a character that was embodied by 3 people with Pedro doing the voice.  He was mainly on set for the final episode when the helmet came off I take it.

I think actors in action projects owe a lot to their stunt men and if they are smart and gracious they acknowledge that.  Pedro Pascal totally did that.  Look at Keanu Reeves, one of the nicest actors in Hollywood,  and one who does a lot of his own stunts - he always goes out of his way to praise the stunt people in his movies.   So the onus was on Pedro to be gracious about the stunt team.  Stunt men get paid very well, but actors make the big money.  On the first season Pedro made big money for mostly voice work.

So this is my long and rambling way saying that we shouldn't assume the Mando stunt men have hard feelings toward Pedro Pascal.  They may not talk about him much because he wasn't a big presence in their work lives?

With season 2 all bets may be off. If the story changes and the helmet comes off on a more frequent basis Pedro may have spent much more time on set in the armor.  Hopefully we will know this Fall.

Why are we thinking that the helmet will come off? That isn't the way. It only happened due to contrived circumstances. I hope the writers won't contrive circumstances without a proper reason. We don't need to see his face.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, magdalene said:

I doubt Brendan and Lateef really got to know Pedro Pascal besides an introduction, but they obviously know each other very well. The stunt community must be very tight knit because it is such a physically demanding job and it can be so dangerous.  Watching the fascinating behind the scenes documentary it seems Brendan Wayne did all the weapons stunts and Lateef did the physical stunts.  So Mando is a character that was embodied by 3 people with Pedro doing the voice.  He was mainly on set for the final episode when the helmet came off I take it.

I think actors in action projects owe a lot to their stunt men and if they are smart and gracious they acknowledge that.  Pedro Pascal totally did that.  Look at Keanu Reeves, one of the nicest actors in Hollywood,  and one who does a lot of his own stunts - he always goes out of his way to praise the stunt people in his movies.   So the onus was on Pedro to be gracious about the stunt team.  Stunt men get paid very well, but actors make the big money.  On the first season Pedro made big money for mostly voice work.

So this is my long and rambling way saying that we shouldn't assume the Mando stunt men have hard feelings toward Pedro Pascal.  They may not talk about him much because he wasn't a big presence in their work lives?

With season 2 all bets may be off. If the story changes and the helmet comes off on a more frequent basis Pedro may have spent much more time on set in the armor.  Hopefully we will know this Fall.

I definitely hear what you're saying and I agree to a point, but I guess my opinion differs a bit on some things.

To me, Pedro's voice -- and voice acting work -- is super-important to the Mando character.   That is the thing that is the most consistent -- even when different guys are inside the suit.  The voice and the attitude are what we hear in every single episode, regardless of who is in the armor in any particular scene.  The voice is what I connect to -- not who is in the armor doing which stunts.  Lateef and Brendan do a fantastic job -- no doubt about that -- but Pedro is the one who is Mando to me because it's his face and his voice attached to Mando.  We're not seeing different faces or hearing different voices as Mando -- those belong to just one guy.  But the stunts are done by Brendan, Lateef and at least one other guy too.    If Lateef or Brendan left the show, it would be unfortunate -- but I honestly don't know if I would notice a difference between who was in the armor in this battle scene or that battle scene.   If a new stunt guy were brought into the mix, I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference between that guy and Brendan or Lateef because they are all covered up.   But if someone new stepped in to be the voice and face of Mando and they replaced Pedro, I would notice it instantly because it's more obvious.

Pedro was on set more than the one day when he filmed his helmet-less scene for Season 1.  He couldn't be on the set every day because of those other jobs, and he wasn't in the armor the majority of the time, as we know, but he was on the set more than once -- probably observing, learning and doing EPK segments.  He had time to talk to Brendan (who, in an earlier interview, said that Pedro was very interactive and collaborative), and Lateef.  I get the impression that he probably talked to Brendan a bit more than Lateef, but maybe that couldn't be helped, depending on the circumstances at the time.  Who knows?

The reason I get the feeling that there is some kind of resentment towards Pedro, or towards the general, overall situation, is because of what I've seen in the stunt guys' various Instagram Stories & posts.  It's not just one post taken on its own -- it's a bunch of them.  One time Lateef posted something that showed the words "Mandalorian Double" as a title/caption under Brendan's face (from the Gallery series), and he crossed out the word "double" so that it was clear he was saying that Brendan is the Mandalorian.  lol   And then he made sure to point out that Brendan is "much more than a gunslinger" (hinting at what Pedro said in the Gallery show about Brendan's gunslinger work, without actually mentioning Pedro's name).  I've seen multiple Stories and posts with that same kind of thing.  It's a tad passive-aggressive.  I don't know what the deal is, but I don't think it's a wild conclusion to jump to that there is some weirdness going on there, based on what has been posted, though what has been posted could be misleading or giving off an impression that is not intended.   But I still think that stunt guys know the drill when they sign on for projects.   They are paid to make the actors look better by doing work that various actors can't or won't do, and they usually don't get much attention or focus.  However, it doesn't mean that the main actors' contributions to the characters are insignificant or less important.

I guess I just want everyone to get along and acknowledge each other's contributions to the character of Mando, and form a united front instead of the 2 stunt guys over in one corner and Pedro off in another corner!  Together they are a diverse trio of men rolled into one character, and they should celebrate that.

6 hours ago, Anduin said:

Why are we thinking that the helmet will come off? That isn't the way. It only happened due to contrived circumstances. I hope the writers won't contrive circumstances without a proper reason. We don't need to see his face.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the helmet will come off in a fight, or in some unplanned way -- maybe someone pins down Mando and takes the helmet off of him.  Or... perhaps, now that we have seen his face, there will be some scenes where we see his face when Mando is alone and no one is around him.  There is the theory that Bo-Katan will show up and inform Mando that he doesn't have to wear the helmet all the time, but there are mixed reports as to whether or not she is even in Season 2.  It's been reported that she is, but it has not been confirmed.   I'm actually wondering if she might show up in Season 3 instead of Season 2.

I think that however it happens, it will make sense.  The scene in Chapter 8 may have been contrived, but it was important since we already knew that Mando hated droids and now a droid had to save his life.  But in general, I feel that the reason we saw his face in Chapter 8 was because the plan was to start showing it more often in future seasons.  If they wanted to keep the face hidden for the bulk of the series, I don't think they would have shown it at the end of Season 1.  They didn't need to.  They could have still set it up for IG-11 to save Mando, but cut away just as IG-11 was removing the helmet.  They didn't do that.  They wanted us to see Mando because we will see him again.  We're seeing that Mando is a vulnerable human underneath the armor, and we're getting to know him as a person instead of as just a cold, jaded bounty hunter in armor.  Plus, they can make use of Pedro's charisma, which was on full display in "Game of Thrones" and "Narcos," if they show him helmet-free when he is not bloody, sweaty and injured and actually looks normal! lol

I don't have a problem with it.  I think it will be bizarre to see Pedro Pascal, with no helmet, talking to Baby Yoda -- if that is something that happens at all -- but I'm cool with it, and I'm sure it will make sense in the context of what's happening in the scene.  I really don't think we will see his face a lot, but just more than we did in S1.  I don't think there will be rampant helmet-removal scenes left and right, in every episode -- but even if we got one helmet-free scene per episode, I'd still be OK with it.  I am thinking it won't happen too often, though.

Whatever the case, we know that Pedro said "There was more that I did in Season 2," and proceeded to talk about the discomfort of taking off a helmet many times in a day.  Now "more" could mean another single scene of a helmet-less Mando, or it could mean he did more helmet-free scenes throughout Season 2.  But I think it is guaranteed that we will see at least one helmet-free scene in S2.

🤣 I see that Gina Carano is finding ways to work around the nudity issue on Instagram and still get her point across.  Sneaky! --
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCey7spxGS/

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

Interesting!

"The Mandalorian Publishing Program Revealed – Exclusive"

Excerpt:

...Check out the list below for a look at some of what’s in store, and get a sneak peek at the cover for The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) featuring a new illustration by Lucasfilm’s Doug Chiang:

The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang

The Mandalorian: Original Novel (adult novel, Del Rey) by Adam Christopher

The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide (DK) by Pablo Hidalgo

The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies – Level Two Reader (DLP) by Brooke Vitale

The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later) by Brooke Vitale

The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization by Joe Schreiber

Also...

In addition, The Mandalorian-inspired comics are coming from Marvel and IDW Publishing, and magazine, novelty, and coloring and activity titles are on the way from Titan, Studio Fun, Crayola, Thunder Bay Press, Disney Publishing Worldwide, and Dreamtivity. Younger bounty hunters can look forward to a Little Golden Book and a Screen Comix retelling of Season One.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, magdalene said:

Oh, a new illustration!  I love it. Very "Madonna and Child".....with the Madonna being a ammo toting badass.

Also... can you just imagine Baby Yoda in a Little Golden Book?  lol  When I was a wee tot, I loved those Little Golden Books.

I just saw this tweet too... I'm guessing this line of books would have been announced at Star Wars Celebration in August, if it had gone forward, and there would have been a panel discussion about it.  But since Celebration is not happening, San Diego Comic-Con saves the day with their virtual event! I just hope they have an actual Mandalorian panel with the cast, creators and directors as well (and a Season 2 trailer, of course).

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Noah Outlaw answered someone to say that it is not confirmed until Lucasfilm says it, but he's heard that August is when the Season 2 trailer is coming as well. 

I mean... I think we all could have guessed that August would be a definite time for a trailer just because August is when Star Wars Celebration was supposed to take place in Anaheim,  So a trailer in August in and of itself is not a huge shock.  I'm sure there were all kinds of things planned for Celebration.

BUT when Celebration got canceled and nothing was announced about an online version of it as a replacement, that left more questions about the trailer, especially because Comic-Con IS having an online event in July, which would be a great time to premiere a trailer.

So if Lucasfilm and Disney have their hearts set on August, I suppose they'll just drop the trailer on social media at some random time in August -- unless someone finally announces a "Star Wars Celebration At Home" event or something.

There is a possibility that what comes out in August is just a teaser, with a real trailer coming out in September. 

I know that some people see it as "They don't really need to promote the show" because it's already a hit and viewers will already tune in.  I get that.  But showing trailers isn't just about convincing people to tune in or bringing in new viewers -- it's also about maintaining and building the excitement and momentum for the existing viewers!  The average or casual fan (who doesn't pay attention to every bit of news and detail that comes out about The Mandalorian) might not know the show is coming back in October.  They may assume that it's airing in November again, so a trailer is also supposed to alert people as to when the season is actually premiering!  People need to know when it's going to show up on Disney+.   If every popular series didn't need the promotion just because they already have a built-in audience, then we'd never see any promos or trailers for anything. 

• Love 1

The Mandalorian should release a joke Season 2 trailer, show some of the actors half in their makeup and half wearing street clothes walking around with their scripts with doughnuts and Starbucks coffee cups, etc. Say something like due the the Corona Virus we had to lower the production values in order to deliver this product to you in a timely manner. We hope you can forgive us if the quality is lower in any way. It's not like anybody is going to not watch this season after the joke.

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

The Mandalorian should release a joke Season 2 trailer, show some of the actors half in their makeup and half wearing street clothes walking around with their scripts with doughnuts and Starbucks coffee cups, etc. Say something like due the the Corona Virus we had to lower the production values in order to deliver this product to you in a timely manner. We hope you can forgive us if the quality is lower in any way. It's not like anybody is going to not watch this season after the joke.

God, please no. My twitter feed would fill up with retweets of/snarky responses to people with no sense of humour, or those dodgy 'news' sites trying to spin this into their 'exclusive' 'scoop'. At first I'd enjoy this, but it would become tedious by hour for, when everyone just replies to/retweets everyone else.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

God, please no. My twitter feed would fill up with retweets of/snarky responses to people with no sense of humour, or those dodgy 'news' sites trying to spin this into their 'exclusive' 'scoop'. At first I'd enjoy this, but it would become tedious by hour for, when everyone just replies to/retweets everyone else.

You can't pay to get advertising like that. 

I am just grateful we are getting a new season in in October - it could have been very easily delayed like most new content. Especially now when any production start of season 3 on schedule seems a pipe dream.  Things in Los Angeles are getting worse, not better.

I am sure we are going to get some interesting info in July. And then things will ramp up promotion wise in August and September.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The Mandalorian should release a joke Season 2 trailer, show some of the actors half in their makeup and half wearing street clothes walking around with their scripts with doughnuts and Starbucks coffee cups, etc.

Like Game Of Theones leaving coffee cups and water bottles from craft services in many shots...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

That'd be fun! After Pedro's Inigo Montoya outfit, I'd love to see what he'd do for a homemade Mando outfit! 😆 And Baby Yoda could just be a pillow, like he had in ADR. lol

• LOL 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, magdalene said:

I am just grateful we are getting a new season in in October - it could have been very easily delayed like most new content. Especially now when any production start of season 3 on schedule seems a pipe dream.  Things in Los Angeles are getting worse, not better.

I am sure we are going to get some interesting info in July. And then things will ramp up promotion wise in August and September.

It really is a miracle that Season 2 managed to somehow navigate through the obstacle course that is COVID-19 and the various shutdowns and restrictions on working and what not.  Even if it were premiering in November or December I would think it was a miracle after all that has happened this year.   Hopefully Lucasfilm and ILM let everyone keep the equipment they gave them to do post-production remotely, because they might need it again down the road.

But you're right --things out here in L.A. (and elsewhere in California) are headed in the wrong direction again.  Filming on Season 3 was supposed to get started in the Fall, but if things keep opening and closing, shutting down and opening up, closing and opening, it's hard to know what the situation will be in 2-4 months or so.    There are lots of production guidelines in place now -- I don't know if it's the same in every state, county, city and country, but one set of guidelines is over 35 pages long.   They might be prepared to follow the new guidelines and protocols to the letter, and then everyone might suddenly be ordered to stay at home again on a whim.  I hope that doesn't happen.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Pedro and all the droid characters should be able to record all their S3 dialogue anytime. Also any stormtroopers and radio comms. Give themselves a cushion for filming to catch up...

• Love 2
(edited)

Ludwig Göransson definitely has to be nominated for an Emmy.  That Mandalorian music is very catchy and memorable, and it really sets the tone for the whole show.  It's not like the big, splashy Star Wars music we would hear in movies.  The Mando music is moodier.

I think the nominations are announced near the end of this month, but I have no idea how the Creative Arts Emmys or the main Emmy broadcast are going to be handled in September.  I'm  guessing they'll eventually switch to a virtual situation as well, or all the winners will accept their awards from the comfort of their own homes in the ABC broadcast.

"Yodas, Witchers and Trekkies, Oh My! Sci-Fi and Fantasy Contenders Eye Emmys Music Gold"

Also, these Loungefly pins are cute...

And this is funny!

"Send Help, I Can't Stop Acquiring Babies Yoda"

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Well, he is me.   I have got the Disney Baby Yoda plush,  one that my best friend made for me,  the one from Build-a-Bear, the Funko-Pop, the tiny Black Series one with the cup and the frog, and the one from Mattel who has the most adorable face, sigh. I also got a Baby Yoda blanket and several coloring books. Yes, I have gone off the deep end.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, magdalene said:

Well, he is me.   I have got the Disney Baby Yoda plush,  one that my best friend made for me,  the one from Build-a-Bear, the Funko-Pop, the tiny Black Series one with the cup and the frog, and the one from Mattel who has the most adorable face, sigh. I also got a Baby Yoda blanket and several coloring books. Yes, I have gone off the deep end.

I thought I was bad with just the figurines, the Disney Baby Yoda plush, and The Build-A-Bear Baby Yoda (that I was fortunate enough to acquire on eBay without sacrificing bodily organs in terms of price!)!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have to give a shout out to the YouTuber known as "agameofantasy" (Josh) -- does anyone follow him?  About 6 months ago (I think it was right before Season 1 of The Mandalorian ended), agameofantasy started posting short videos of Mando and Baby Yoda with funny subtitles.  You would have expected that maybe he'd stop doing the subtitle videos when the season ended or shortly thereafter -- and I think he may have actually considered stopping at one point -- but he has thankfully continued.  He now posts at least 1 Baby Yoda/Mando video per week, and oftentimes it's 2 videos per week. 

While agameofantasy/Josh is using the same clips from the series that he has been using all along, he changes the subtitles and the "plots" of the videos as he goes along, so it keeps it fresh and entertaining.    Sometimes the focus is on Mando being annoyed.  Sometimes the focus is on Mando being a dad to Baby Yoda.  Sometimes the focus is on Baby Yoda being sassy.  Sometimes Baby Yoda is trying to get Mando and Cara together.  Sometimes Padme and Anakin show up.  Sometimes Baby Yoda is plotting to get Omera out of the way so Cara and Mando can be together.  It's funny.

I think these subtitle videos have become so popular that agameofantasy has gained a lot of followers -- and I find that this kind of content is a nice little way to fill the void and get a Baby Yoda/Mando fix while waiting for Season 2 to begin.  Of course, when Season 2 begins he'll have more clips to use for more subtitled adventures (which can fill the void until that time in the distant future when Season 3 premieres).

Here is agameofantasy's YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/c/agameofantasy/videos

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
(edited)

Katee Sackhoff has a YouTube channel.  Earlier today she did a live stream Q&A sort of thing.  It wasn't really intended to be a Q&A about her career and various roles.  It was mostly supposed to be about her diet and fitness routines, as well as overall health and wellness.  However, she was answering a few questions about some of her previous roles and series.  She even stopped to talk about The Walking Dead.

In the Chat section during Katee's stream, every question or comment that was Star Wars-related or specific to The Mandalorian was ignored.  lol  She did not acknowledge or answer any of them.  People kept asking about whether or not she is going to be in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, but she just pretended to not see the comments/questions.  There was even someone next to her, pointing out certain questions for her to answer if she missed too many, and she still avoided all Star Wars & Mando questions, but she'd conveniently see other questions right above or below them!  lol  It was as if Bo-Katan didn't exist, even in the animated series.

So although I don't think this necessarily has to mean that Katee is in Season 2, I think her lack of a response speaks volumes!  lol  She might very well end up in Season 3, but I get the feeling that she probably wanted to avoid getting into any kind of Star Wars-related discussion for fear of accidentally revealing something she wasn't supposed to reveal.  My guess is that the rumors are true and she will have some involvement in one of the upcoming seasons, but, if not, I think she at least met with Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni about a possible future appearance.   Otherwise, if she really has nothing to do with The Mandalorian in any way, she could easily say "I'm not in the next season.  No one has asked me to be in it.  I would love to be, but I'm not in it." 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

The Mandalorian has been nominated for an award!!  While the Emmy nominations are coming later this month, and the Saturn Awards' nominations should be coming along very soon, the first nomination that I have seen for the show so far is for the TCA (Television Critics Association) Awards 2020 -- which will not have a live or televised ceremony this year, it appears. 

"TCA Awards: Watchmen, Unbelievable and Schitt's Creek Lead Nominations"

Here is the category --

OUTSTANDING NEW PROGRAM
The Great (Hulu)
The Mandalorian (Disney+)
The Morning Show (Apple TV+)
Never Have I Ever (Netflix)
Watchmen (HBO)
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC)

I suspect that Watchmen will win, but I love seeing that The Mandalorian is at least on the radar! 

• Love 3

The various Baby Yoda meme accounts on Instagram continue to be very active, as the little green child finds himself in all sorts of situations (frequently revolving around chicky nuggies).  They're often irreverent, sometimes a little salty, sassy and occasionally R-rated.  Most of them are funny and/or adorable, and sometimes very sweet.  This one from babyyoda.official jumped out at me.--

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Most of them are funny and/or adorable, and sometimes very sweet. 

I'm on one of those sites with NO POLITICS ALLOWED.  I have the  7 in. Baby Yoda that talks and his robe is not removable.  But I also have the 11 in. with a bean bag butt with the robe removable with just the clip of the ribbon at the back of the neck.  This one is a girl named Yodina the Diva and she wears 0-3 month newborn clothes.  Some of the more talented people fashion legs for them.

• LOL 2
(edited)

So the virtual Comic-Con at Home event begins on Wednesday, 7/22 and ends on Sunday, 7/27.  It is disappointing to see that there is no Mandalorian-specific panel featuring cast members, directors, Jon Favreau, etc., especially since the people who canceled Star Wars Celebration for August apparently didn't think it was necessary to set up a "Celebration at Home" event.... because who would want to watch Mandalorian content, right? 🙄 It's not like it's a popular show that people love or anything. 🙄

While there are additional panels scattered over the 5 days of Comic-Con at Home that include some behind-the-scenes Star Wars people, I think these (below) are the main panels that would have at least a small bit of Mandalorian-related content, in case you want to watch them on YouTube when they go live (note that each YouTube link below is different):

Friday, July 24th, 2020

10:00am - 11:00am PT -- The Mandalorian and His Many Gadgets

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/friday

This will be the YouTube channel where you can watch when it goes live -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWOWSMfiVOQ&feature=youtu.be

Daniel J. Glenn (podcast producer), Dr. Michael Dennin (science expert: ancient aliens, Star Wars tech), and Ben Siepser (bio-engineer) of the podcast Fascinating Gadgets, Gizmos, and Gear-Based Technologies explore the science behind the various tools Mando uses to secure his bounties. From tracking fobs and jetpacks, to wrist rockets and flamethrowers, they will examine the most well-equipped bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Friday, July 24th, 2020

12:00pm - 1:00pm PT -- Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories From a Galaxy Far, Far Away

This will be the YouTube channel where you can watch the panel when it goes live -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlshzMnfbiE&feature=youtu.be

Some of the biggest and best Star Wars authors talk about some of their exciting new projects set in a galaxy far, far away. Featuring Timothy Zahn, Alex Segura, Justina Ireland, George Mann, Preeti Chhibber, Tom Angleberger, Rebecca Roanhorse, Greg Pak, and Alyssa Wong. Moderated by This Week In Star Wars host Kristin Baver and Lucasfilm Publishing senior editor Robert Simpson.

Friday, July 24th, 2020

1:00pm - 2:00pm PT -- Mattel Creations: Designing Pop Culture

This will be the YouTube channel where you can watch the panel when it goes live -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90fdJR7OyI&feature=youtu.be

Mattel's Richard Dickson (president) and moderator Chris Down (chief design officer) discuss the behind-the-scenes process of what goes into designing iconic toys for today's pop-culture fans while introducing the world to the all-new platform, Mattel Creations. The Q&A panel will feature Mattel designers and creatives from dynamic brands including Disney and Pixar's Toy Story, Universal's Jurassic Park, Microsoft's Halo, WWE and Lucasfilm's Star Wars, to examine the collaborative journey that goes into creating Con exclusives, toys and art inspired by 75 years of Mattel pop-culture influence

CANCELED!! - Saturday, July 25th, 2020 -- CANCELED AS OF JULY 20th, 2020!!

4:00pm - 5:00pm PT -- Concept Artists of Television and Film: #drawingwhileblack - CANCELED!!

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/saturday - CANCELED!!

This will be the YouTube channel where you can watch the panel when it goes live -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdDq5ihwesE&feature=youtu.be  -- CANCELED!!

Concept artists Marco Nelor (concept artist, HBO's Watchmen, Mortal Combat X, Army of the Dead), Michael Uwandi (concept artist, Star Trek: Picard, Supergirl, The Mandalorian), Phillip Boutte Jr. (costume concept artist, Black Panther, Masters of the Universe, Jungle Cruise), Raphael Phillips (concept artists, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Panther, Red Dead Redemption), discuss the process behind creating concept art for some of the most exciting productions in the music, television, and film, while touching on what its like to be #drawingwhileblack. Make sure to follow each panelists on instagram: https://linktr.ee/drawingwhileblack

Sunday, July 26th, 2020

3:00pm - 4:00pm PT -- World-Builders: The Evolution of Immersive Entertainment

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/sunday

This will be the YouTube channel where you can watch the panel when it goes live -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLbqsEprLLU&feature=youtu.be

The hunger for unique content and the current challenges global content creators face to establish safe production solutions have pushed technology to evolve. Join the creative drivers who are introducing remarkable virtual production and content creation solutions in projects like Lion King and The Mandalorian; Isabelle Riva (head of media and entertainment innovations, Unity Technology), Ted Schilowitz (futurist, Paramount Pictures), Emilie Jolie (co-founder & CEO Apelab - Zoe in-VR Creation Software), Brooks Brown (co-founder & CCO, ViRvi--Bringing Virtual Reality to Art), Kwaku Aning (director, Center for Innovation and Entreprenaurial Thinking - CIET), and Asad Malik (founder 1RIC, Jadu AR app). Moderated by David Bloom (Forbes). You can check out experiences from these companies virtually in the FutureTechLive! activation space, powered by Unity.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

This Sideshow Collectibles Baby Yoda (I guess this is the same one that was advertised months ago?  Or is it a different one?) is so realistic, although not animated.  If I had $375 to spare, I would get it.  I love him!  Here is a video from Adam Savage’s Tested"

Also... there are 3 new Mini Muglets to accompany the larger Tiki mug of The Child holding his little bone broth cup (which I posted somewhere earlier in this thread)!

And... Now that Disney's 4 theme parks in Florida have opened up, the guests at Hollywood Studios are seeing a little surprise magically appearing in their PhotoPass shots taken on the outskirts of Galaxy's Edge (Batuu)...

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
(edited)

Corey (part of the Kessel Run Transmission team, along with Noah) says this about Mando, Season 3, and I hate that he put it out there in the universe because he and Noah are known for getting occasional inside info (which might indicate that it's true):

Now I should point out that productions are resuming here in L.A. over the next couple of months. Even Big Brother is starting a new season in a couple of weeks.  There are lots of pages of new guidelines to go over and adhere to, prepare for, etc.

In other words, unless a mandate comes down that no filming can occur in California in the fall because the COVID-19 reins are tightened again, then I don't see why Mando, S3 couldn't film.

However... it is possible that maybe S3 could be delayed in filming for some other reason unrelated to COVID-19.  But I don't think that Jon Favreau would have already started writing S3 months ago if he thought that S3 wouldn't go into production with a goal of airing in 2021.

Also, I think it would be pretty risky of Disney to NOT insist on Season 3 airing in 2021 -- it is their one guaranteed hit show.  Why would they not push for their one and only hit show to air in 2021 and instead push for the Rebels sequel and Bad Batch?  Why not all 3 in a full year?  When you have a hit show, unless you absolutely cannot film it and get it on the air, you go with it!  Don't intentionally make Mandalorian fans wait all through 2021 without seeing a new season.  When other shows I watch have ridiculously long gaps in between seasons, it's usually very annoying and frustrating.  Disney+ needs to establish a regular pattern with their hit show.  Enough of their other Star Wars projects are getting delayed, but they should keep this one on track because it is a proven success (and a money maker, with all of the Baby Yoda merchandise flying off the shelves).

________________________________________________________________________________

And here is Noah from Kessel Run's guess about when the S2 trailer might debut -

Keep in mind that Star Wars Celebration -- IF it had taken place -- was scheduled for the very end of August.  So the trailer probably would have premiered in late August as opposed to early August.  Now that Celebration is not happening, I guess anything is possible.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Mandalorian is mostly filmed in the Volume and on a back lot set.  If they allow filming with certain restrictions in place Jon Favreau will find a way to keep this show on track.  I have been very impressed with that man's get up and go and strive for a long time.  He is so innovative and the best want to work with him. I don't see him and his team bowing down to this darn virus til 2022.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Mandalorian is mostly filmed in the Volume and on a back lot set.  If they allow filming with certain restrictions in place Jon Favreau will find a way to keep this show on track.  I have been very impressed with that man's get up and go and strive for a long time.  He is so innovative and the best want to work with him. I don't see him and his team bowing down to this darn virus til 2022.

...Especially not if a show like Big Brother can go into production in a couple of weeks!  lol  That is a show with people literally on top of each other and in close quarters all the time.  That alone should be a reason for The Mandalorian to move forward with filming the third season  (unless there is some other non-COVID reason for a delay in S3).🤣

• Love 2

And they need new and attractive content on Disney Plus. I just got charged for another month for Disney Plus.  We are all tightening our belts these days.  I have seen Mandalorian season 1, I have seen Mandalorian Gallery. I have seen Hamilton.  None of the promised Marvel TV shows are available. The thought did occur to me - why do I keep paying this monthly fee when Mandalorian 2 is still months away?

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, magdalene said:

And they need new and attractive content on Disney Plus. I just got charged for another month for Disney Plus.  We are all tightening our belts these days.  I have seen Mandalorian season 1, I have seen Mandalorian Gallery. I have seen Hamilton.  None of the promised Marvel TV shows are available. The thought did occur to me - why do I keep paying this monthly fee when Mandalorian 2 is still months away?

I would guess that a lot of people probably unsubscribed until Mando comes back.

It just wouldn't make any sense to me for Disney to agree to no Mandalorian, Season 3 in 2021 -- when the show is a proven success and runaway hit -- because they want to premiere Bad Batch and a Rebels sequel instead, as well as whatever they can come up with from Marvel.  They already know Mando is a hit.  They don't know if the other shows (including from Marvel) will be hits on that same level.  I can see them premiering Mando and some of the other shows, but not the other shows instead of Mando.

So if that turns out to be true that Mando S3 could be pushed to 2022, I will have to wonder what the real reason is -- like if it's a cast scheduling issue or something. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, magdalene said:

The thought did occur to me - why do I keep paying this monthly fee when Mandalorian 2 is still months away?

Catch up on Rebels, Clone Wars, Resistance and all the hilarious Lego based variants

• Love 3

These people -- Hal and Phil and everyone else associated with The Mandalorian in any capacity -- are working so hard during this extremely challenging year to bring us Season 2 of the show.  Although they are all set up to work remotely and get the job done in spite of everything going on, it can't be easy as far as certain tasks are concerned.  And all the while, we assume, Jon Favreau has been plugging away on writing Season 3.  With all other Star Wars projects constantly delayed or not even happening until years from now, it's a miracle we are getting S2 of Mando in just a few short months.  I don't know why the other Star Wars projects seem to be cursed and constantly stalled, but somehow The Mandalorian has escaped all of that drama in its first 2 seasons.

• Love 2
(edited)

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  You GO, Mandalorian team!!!  Good job, Emmy people!  (Too bad there probably won't be an actual in-person ceremony this year, and everything will probably be handled virtually -- with all winners notified in advance.)

Just to save myself time in putting the list of Mando nominations together, I will use the one that someone kindly assembled on Reddit...

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5

Woo, that's great! I'm happily surprised it was nominated for Best Drama. I doubt it will win, and I'm surprised at how many people are saying it shouldn't have even been nominated. I'm sad that Pedro wasn't nominated. He was submitted for Best Actor, when he should have been submitted for best voice over. But maybe that wasn't allowed since he showed his face. Taika was great, but I feel like Pedro's performance was better.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Woo, that's great! I'm happily surprised it was nominated for Best Drama. I doubt it will win, and I'm surprised at how many people are saying it shouldn't have even been nominated. I'm sad that Pedro wasn't nominated. He was submitted for Best Actor, when he should have been submitted for best voice over. But maybe that wasn't allowed since he showed his face. Taika was great, but I feel like Pedro's performance was better.

It almost certainly will not win Best Drama -- I'm actually even shocked that it got nominated for that category, so the nomination is the real honor.  But I think it is almost a sure thing to win the stunt coordination award, probably the special visual effects award and definitely the music composition award... and maybe a couple of the others.  It will win something out of those 15 nominations.   I expected that it might get 2 or 3 nominations, so 15 was really a pleasant surprise!

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I am shocked at the nominations.  They don't have a great track record with genre shows unless the show is called Game of Thrones.

Exactly.  Even if the show wins nothing, it's incredible that it got so many nominations for just its first season,  The assorted Lucasfilm and ILM people on Twitter are very happy about this.  It's an acknowledgment of their hard work -- especially all of those people behind the scenes, handling the VFX work and creating Baby Yoda, setting the tone with the music, etc.

Giancarlo Esposito is lucky enough to have been nominated for two shows this year.  He has been playing his Better Call Saul character (Gus) since his days on Breaking Bad (and he is absolutely fantastic), and has been nominated before for that role -- but has never won.  Since Better Call Saul only has one more season to go and then it's over, his days of playing Gus will soon be behind him.

I don't know what happens to Moff Gideon in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, but I have a feeling Giancarlo was really surprised about this specific nomination!

• Love 2
(edited)

There's probably no bigger meaning to this, but I am just pondering aloud.  The Mandalorian book was originally supposed to be released in December of this year -- I'm guessing it was planned to coincide with the end of Season 2 of the series, possibly even teasing a bit of what we could be seeing in Season 3 as far as new stories and characters are concerned. 

I would guess that the book would not be released right when Season 3 is on the air -- I think the idea would be to focus on one thing at a time, and not have the book distract from the series, nor have the series distract from the book.  So...

Since the new ETA for the book's release is now "Fall 2021," it makes me wonder if it will arrive while Mando Season 3 is on the air -- OR if the book will come out before the 3rd season premieres, to kind of fill the void in case Mando Season 3 is delayed.  Perhaps the book will serve to give us our Mando fix in the Fall next year, with a delayed/later premiere date for Season 3 of the show.  Maybe not, but it is just something that jumped into my mind when I read this article:

"Star Wars Delays The Mandalorian Book to 2021"

We'll know if Season 3 is on track for another Fall premiere slot IF it goes into production sometime by November of this year.  If it does not start filming in or before November, then I think we can assume Season 3 will not premiere in the Fall of 2021 -- in which case, the Mando book would be something to tide the fans over as they wait.

Edited by TVFan17

I think that Corey from Kessel Run Transmissions is getting people hyped for Disney's quarterly earnings call as though it is some sort of media/press event.  It' a business thing, not a fan thing or a press thing.  It's exactly what it sounds like -- it's a boring call about earnings over the previous quarter.   The calls largely focus on the theme parks (because a huge chunk of Disney's revenue comes from the parks), with a fleeting reference to Disney+ projects thrown in.  The last earnings call in early May was pretty dull, with the exception of Bob Chapek talking about the theme parks and how they were planning to reduce capacity when they reopened.  It's not like a platform for big, splashy Star Wars news. 

Even in the earnings call back in early February, before COVID-19 really kicked in and everything was looking bright and hopeful for 2020, Bob Iger just mentioned the Mandalorian Season 2 premiere month in passing (as well as "more Mandalorian" after Season 2 and more characters added in), as he was talking about other things coming to Disney+ (that had already been announced).

So there is going to be a lot of theme park talk, and talk about Disney's various endeavors in the travel and hospitality industry.  They have taken a big financial hit this year, with so many of their businesses being closed at the same time.  Right now, Disneyland is still not even open, the Disney Cruise Line is not running, and the attendance at the 4 Disney World parks is really low (way under what the current low capacity is).  Aulani is closed.  Hong Kong Disneyland had to close down again.  The Bobs (Chapek and Iger) will probably be doing damage control on that front.

However, because 2020 has been so terrible, I wouldn't be shocked if they DO mention the things that ARE working well for DIsney right now -- in passing, during the course of the call, but not necessarily in a big "BREAKING NEWS!" sort of way.  I would not be shocked if one of the  Bobs drops the premiere date of Season 2 of The Mandalorian in passing, or possibly mentions when the Mando S2 trailer will come out.  And they'll remind people again that there are other Star Wars & Marvel series coming up (that we have already heard about).  However, I would be very surprised if they revealed any info that is not already known in some way.  Maybe they could -- I could be completely wrong --  but I am not counting on it just because it's not really the right scenario for big breaking news.

But... Celebration would have been happening at the end of this month, so there are announcements (official confirmations of various things, and things we didn't already know) that would have been made at that time.  I can't picture Disney using a business earnings call to announce too much, BUT maybe there will be announcements trickling out throughout the month.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2