Type keyword(s) to search

The Nevarro News: The Mandalorian in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Any Robert Rodriguez episode must have Danny Trejo.....A MexiCAN

You read my mind!  When I posted here about Robert Rodriguez and James Mangold yesterday -- https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/97090-the-nevarro-news-the-mandalorian-in-the-media/?do=findComment&comment=5958161 -- I was silently wondering about Danny Trejo and whether he might be one of the guest stars that was hinted at.  He very well could be. 

If they continue to throw in some random standalone episodes here and there -- much like #5 & #6 of Season 1 were mostly disconnected from everything else in the season -- Danny could end up being the focus of one of them, fur sure. 

Something else occurred to me.  I wish I could recall which specific YouTube channel/show I saw this tidbit of info on, but at this point I have watched way too many videos with Mandalorian discussion to remember which person said anything non-specific on which show.   If I remembered it, I would name or link it here.

Anyway, I recall that a co-host/panelist on a channel said that someone he knows -- who worked on the production of Season 2 of The Mandalorian -- told him (off the record, and off-air) about some of the people who are going to appear in Season 2.  The host guy (who was given the info) was really surprised when he heard about who would be appearing.  

At the time, I assumed he was talking about various characters from the Star Wars universe appearing, so I kind of disregarded it (because I am probably the only one who wants this show to stick to the characters we've met, and to new characters exclusive to this show, instead of bringing in all kinds of characters from other Star Wars projects). 

But then, at some point later, I wondered if the YouTube panelist guy was referring more to the specific guest stars coming up and not necessarily characters from other Star Wars movies or series.  I'm still not sure.  Maybe both.  Either way, he seemed quite pleased with the names.

Edited by TVFan17

Okay, so James Mangold has shut down rumors of directing The Mandalorian.  He claims he never discussed it.  

He responded to Ron Howard's tweet to say he is not involved --

Taika Waititi also replied to James --

This makes me wonder if the Robert Rodriguez rumor is bogus too.  At this rate, I think that the only people who are guaranteed to direct in Season 2 are Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Carl Weathers and Bryce Dallas Howard.  I think that Rick Famuyiwa is likely on board again too, as he is appearing on the PaleyFest LA panel later in March.  Some of those people might be directing more than one episode each, OR perhaps there are other directors' names we have not heard about yet.

I hope Bryce isn't directing again. Although I liked her episode, I don't think it had anything to do with her directing. I think there are much better directors out there that should get a chance. I also thought having her son and the godmother of her children in the episode were casting mistakes that were only allowed because she was directing.

1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

I also thought having her son and the godmother of her children in the episode were casting mistakes that were only allowed because she was directing.

Agreed... Nepotism has NO place in Hollywood...

• LOL 1
(edited)

Even if some of these directing rumors turn out to be bogus, I love that The Mandalorian is staying in the news more than 2 months after Season 1 ended.  As more countries have access to Disney+ later this month, I think there will be a new wave of interest in the show, and more buzz on social media.  Lots of people around the world will be hyped for Season 2 of this show to launch in October (I pray there are no delays in the premiere).  The Disney+ app will probably crash when the first episode appears. 

Anyway, the new rumor is that Peyton Reed is going to direct 2 episodes of Season 2.  Taika Waititi is apparently involved in Season 2 in some way, but it's not clear as to what he's doing -- acting, directing or producing? 

Here is an article by Charles Murphy of Murphy's Multiverse --

What I Heard This Week:’THE MANDALORIAN’ Season 2 Gets a New MCU Director

And a tweet from Murphy as well --

So, James Mangold is not involved.  We don't know if the Robert Rodriguez rumor is true.  If Taika is back too, we don't know if he is directing.

I think it's certain that Bryce Dallas Howard is back, since her dad tweeted a link to an article where it is mentioned.

Carl Weathers has said he will be directing.

Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are each said to be directing.

And, again, Rick Famuyiwa is at the upcoming PaleyFest LA event on March 22nd (if the coronavirus doesn't end up wreaking havoc here in Los Angeles over the next few weeks), so I would have to believe that he is involved again in some way.

Edited by TVFan17

I used to check the Disney Parks Blog every day (for many years).  Of course, when I don't check it for a week, that's when they put out a blog about Baby Yoda merchandise.  We've seen mostly everything shown in this blog, but there are a few items I had not noticed or paid attention to before.  This blog is from almost one week ago --

"More The Mandalorian ‘the Child’ Merch Debuts!" - Thu, February 27, 2020

And, of course, the shopDisney page is updated quite often as they add items and as other items sell out, so you can find a lot of things that are not shown in the above-linked blog (for example, the "Little Valentine" shirt) -- https://www.shopdisney.com/movies-shows/star-wars/star-wars-the-mandalorian/

And there is also the Sideshow Collectibles figure (which I linked somewhere in an earlier post, but will put it here again because it's so cute, although expensive) -- https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369

Looked at the Lil' Oda Halloween costume, all you have to do is paint your child green all over, slap on a pair of donkey ears, and put them in your old trench coat. Just hope the cops don't mistake them for an alien flasher.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

There was a big Disney+ event that was supposed to take place tonight in London, to kick off the launch of Disney+ in Europe.

I know there were a few Star Wars-focused YouTube channels and websites that were keeping a close eye on this event, because it was expected that there were going to be some announcements about Disney+ programming.  For some reason, a few of those Star Wars sources were convinced that there would be some Mandalorian news about Season 2 revealed tonight too.  There were even supposed to be special guests -- though it could be anyone associated with any Disney+ series, I suppose. 

The event in London was cancelled due to coronavirus-related concerns about travel, as well as members of the media cancelling.  So Disney is supposedly just releasing info this week on social media and press releases.

Disney Cancels Disney+ European Launch Event Over Coronavirus Fears

I still think that the bulk of the Mandalorian news would more likely be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in August, or maybe Comic-Con in July.

But... The Mandalorian panel at PaleyFest LA is supposed to take place this month, on March 22nd.  I have been looking forward to this event, because it is Mandalorian-specific and not just about Disney+, and I really wanted to see if they teased any info about Season 2. 

I'm hoping that PaleyFest LA, Comic-Con and Star Wars Celebration don't get cancelled too.  The Mandalorian panel at PaleyFest is in 17 days, and the general public is already very nervous about coronavirus, so... I don't know what will happen.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)

The general tone of Gina Carano's tweet implies that they might have finally wrapped up production on Season 2 of The Mandalorian.  I see that a couple of people in the comments under her post are interpreting her tone to mean that she might be leaving the show.  But I don't think that's what she was getting at, simply because -- even if she were leaving after Season 2 -- Disney would want her to keep quiet and not reveal anything or even hint at anything involving departing characters.  So I think she is just bidding farewell because they're done shooting for now.... hopefully.

The pictures are funny --

She also posted a slightly different message on Instagram --

I wonder if Gina felt that she needed to clarify that she was done filming Season 2, since people were totally misunderstanding and misinterpreting her earlier post on Twitter, thinking she was saying she was leaving the series!  lol  (But who is that behind her in this photo??)

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

I posted this in the Speculation for Season 2 thread (because I was trying to speculate about and ponder what the fish on the clapboard mean for Season 2), but cinematographer Baz Idoine confirmed that Season 2 has, indeed, finally wrapped production (I wasn't sure if it was just Gina Carano who had wrapped her scenes on Friday, but it sounds like they're all done now).

So next up is The Mandalorian panel at PaleyFest L.A. on March 22nd.   I'm not sure it's going to happen, because people out here in Los Angeles are already in panic mode about contracting the coronavirus.  We're already being told that elderly folks, pregnant women and anyone with existing health conditions should avoid public spaces and festivals, or events with large groups of people.  So that means there will be cancellations of various kinds.  People won't buy tickets.

PaleyFest actually begins in 4 days, with the first panel for another series.  If the Mandalorian panel were scheduled for 4 days from now, I would assume it was still happening.  But the Mandalorian panel is literally the last panel of PaleyFest, on the very last day of the event -- 13 days away.  A lot can happen in 13 days.  So if that specific panel gets canceled, they couldn't reschedule it this year because PaleyFest L.A. will be over for 2020.

The main reason I was really looking forward to seeing clips from or hearing about this Mandalorian panel at PaleyFest now is because it is specific to that show.  It's not a general Star Wars panel, and it's not a general Disney+ panel.  That panel is only about The Mandalorian - and I really, really want to hear what Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and the cast have to say about the popularity of this show.  There have not been too many interviews with all of them since the show became a huge pop culture phenomenon.  I'm not sure that any of them expected that the show would take off quite the way it did in Season 1, although I'm sure they hoped for it.  Most of the interviews they've done were to promote the debut of the show, back in the fall.

For example, I remember seeing an interview with Pedro Pascal from D23 last August, and he said that he was realizing that not only was there a need to not let down the huge Star Wars fan base, but also to not let down the separate Disney fandom.  I don't think he had thought about how passionate the Disney fans were prior to appearing at D23.  Suddenly he saw that the Mandalorian team had the eyes of the Star Wars fandom and the Disney fandom on them, and he said that they did "not want to disappoint."  Pedro has at least been part of another TV series that was a huge pop culture hit with a devoted fan base (Game of Thrones), but the Star Wars fan base is an entirely different thing.

So, fast forward from August 2019 to March 2020, and Season 1 of the show was a huge success.  I want to hear what the experience has been like for Pedro, Jon, Dave, Gina, Carl, etc.  Do they feel a lot of pressure now, because they were able to effectively win over a lot of Star Wars fans, a lot of Disney fans, and also a lot of people who were not fans of Star Wars or Disney at all, and now all of those people are on the edges of their seats, waiting for Season 2??  Do they get approached by crazed fans at the grocery store, or when they are doing daily things?  Do fans consistently ask them about Baby Yoda or hand them Baby Yoda knick-knacks?

At this rate, I don't think I'll get the answers to those questions -- at least probably not on March 22nd.🙁

Drat.  As I expected, PaleyFest LA has been postponed (or possibly canceled if they don't set new dates for it).  So no Mandalorian panel on March 22nd.   https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/paley-fest-postponed-coronavirus-paley-center-1203531377/

Supposedly they are going to look into other dates for PaleyFest later in the year, but there is no guarantee that they'll be able to get all of the same panels lined up again.  Some of the guests might not be available.

The next possible event that could yield Mandalorian news would have been Disney's presentation at the Upfronts in New York, but that's in May and I have a feeling they will cancel. 

And then there is the Summer TCA Press Tour in July and August, where Disney would have participated, I'm sure.  No word on whether or not that one is canceled yet.

After other festivals and conventions have been postponed or canceled, all eyes are now on San Diego Comic-Con and Star Wars Celebration, in July & August, respectively.  If they want any chance of rescheduling or relocating to another venue or state this year, they'd probably have to postpone now and start the process of rescheduling, just as the Coachella people did.  They can't wait until July to cancel Comic-Con or Celebration.

Edited by TVFan17

I know they finished principal photography before the shit really hit the fan but I wonder if post-production will be affected and the show won't be ready by October?

I can't be the only one who is living in a constant state of anxiety right now and I sure could use more of our little green bean as soon as possible.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, magdalene said:

I know they finished principal photography before the shit really hit the fan but I wonder if post-production will be affected and the show won't be ready by October?

I can't be the only one who is living in a constant state of anxiety right now and I sure could use more of our little green bean as soon as possible.

I didn't want to think about it, but I have to admit that I thought the same thing you thought.  

It's good that the production wrapped last weekend -- in other words, it's better that it wrapped up at that point instead of having one or two more months left to shoot, which would likely be a problem.  But... as you said, post-production could be impacted or interrupted, which could result in a delay of the S2 premiere.  (And this virus issue could certainly interfere with the promotion and press for Season 2 as well, if the cast couldn't do interviews together or attend a premiere.)

Thankfully, a lot of post-production tasks can probably be done either from home, with the right software and equipment, or in an office or studio with only a couple of people around.  But if they, for some reason, needed to re-shoot something that didn't come out quite right on the first try, that could definitely be an issue that could cause a delay if they needed a whole crew there.

And also, although there was no guarantee as to when Season 3 would start production, IF S3 were to have the same sort of filming schedule that Seasons 1 & 2 had, then it would probably be planned to start filming in the fall -- and it, too, could be delayed and not start production until 2021 or later.  There could be a big gap in between when Season 2 airs and when Season 3 airs, if things keep going the way they have been and S3 can't film for a while.

The sweet little green baby is a ray of sunshine, and brings a smile to so many faces.   We need his cuteness more than ever now!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magdalene said:

According to this because of the Corona Virus some of Baby Yoda toys on pre-order may be delayed because of health concerns, though the actual show might not be.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2492547/why-the-mandalorian-season-2-probably-wont-be-delayed-by-coronavirus

It looks like the writer is basically just repeating what we already know -- which is that the production on Season 2 wrapped! 🤣  It doesn't seem like she is considering that there could actually be delays in post-production, or she thinks it is unlikely to happen, but it doesn't sound like she knows any more than what we know!  lol

I mean, hopefully there won't be any delays -- I think that the filming wrapped up just in the nick of time!  If it had been scheduled to last for another couple of weeks, we might have been out of luck if they had to wait to film the last segment.  And I also think that Disney will try to make sure that Season 2 gets to Disney+ as soon as possible, especially now -- when other things are being stalled or postponed across the whole entertainment industry, and Disney+ needs the new content.

A continued merchandise delay is a definite possibility beyond the situation right now -- the problem could go on for much longer if this virus situation continues to spiral out of control.  I'd read about that in another article -- can't remember where it was -- either last week or the week before, and I was thinking that it sounded like it was going to happen, but I hoped it would end up working out to where the delays were not too lengthy.

Edited to add:  Disney is surprising people by putting Frozen 2 on Disney+ a full 3 months ahead of when they had planned to, specifically because of people trapped at home under self-quarantine or self-monitoring, etc. 

Please, please, please, Disney, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni -- give us the first episode of The Mandalorian Season 2 earlier than October!  Give us an early gift of one episode in July or so, and then we can see the remaining new episodes in October-November!  The Coronavirus is keeping people at home!   They need Mando and Baby Yoda in their lives!!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4

This video below is an interview with Emily Swallow (The Armorer) from an event she appeared at a week or so ago, and it popped up on my YouTube home page tonight.  All of what she says about The Mandalorian is interesting, but some of the highlights are (in no specific order):

1.  Emily knew Pedro Pascal prior to doing this show.

2.  Emily was asked if she worked with Pedro in her scenes in The Mandalorian -- meaning was Pedro ever in the suit when Emily was in a scene with Mando?  While she acknowledged that Pedro was not always in the Mando suit in general on the show, in response to the question about whether he was in the suit when she did scenes with Mando, she essentially said that she "worked with The Mandalorian," and didn't name who was in the suit.  But the vagueness of her answer basically tells us that it was not Pedro -- which makes sense, as she finished filming early in the production and Pedro was away, working on other projects.

3.  Emily did talk about Brendan Wayne, though, so she clearly was on the set with him (which makes sense, as I think BW did more of the non-action stunt double work than Lateef Crowder did, although they both did the action-heavy stunt work too).

4.  Emily was asked if The Armorer will be in Season 2, and she played dumb, pretending she didn't know what they were talking about.  (So that is a big fat YES, clearly!)

5.  Emily said that Disney did not initially want the cast and crew to refer to The Child as "Baby Yoda" outside of filming, and they were all told to not refer to him as that.  But she thinks that Disney essentially gave up in trying to stop that because everyone else was calling him Baby Yoda anyway.

6.  The Armorer was originally supposed to die (by essentially protecting The Child, which is basically the reason the other Mandalorians died, after they revealed themselves when they helped Mando and The Child escape).  That's how it was written.  But it sounds as though Jon Favreau decided that she didn't need to die and changed the script.

7.  Emily would have been willing to do that Stormtrooper fight scene herself,, but Jon told her it would take something like 3 months (for training, I suppose?), and they didn't have the time to spare.  So they had to use a stunt woman.

8.  Emily was done shooting her scenes fairly early on -- I think she said she was done with her work on Season 1 by November (2018).

9.  Emily heard of items going missing from the set, but she didn't take anything, and they were all being watched anyway.

10.  The Armorer was originally supposed to be a British lady who was 50 or 60 years old (and played by an actress who fit those qualifications).  Emily is none of those things.

11.  Emily had a hard time seeing with her Armorer helmet/mask on.

And she was also asked about Gina Carano, Baby Yoda and Carl Weathers too, and various other things.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, magdalene said:

A combination of background info and teasers for season 2, also the child is officially confirmed as a little boy.  (I didn't even know that was in question.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLidGWq0OM

Baby Yoda is a lovable, snuggly, irresistibly precious, green little boy!

This Emergency Awesome guy must have recorded his voice over work before more productions started shutting down.  He suggests that it's mostly the theatrical movies being impacted, but there are definitely TV productions being impacted too, whether they are series or TV movies or whatever. 

Anyway, again, hopefully Season 2 of The Mandalorian will stay on track and still debut in October -- because the initial phase of production wrapped up in time.   But I would not be shocked if there is a delay, because I don't think we're all going to be out of the woods in 2 weeks, and who knows what might come up in the post-production process that can't be dealt with while everyone is on lockdown?

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

These are expensive, but Hot Toys has made some great Baby Yoda/Mando collectibles...

This is the Hot Toys page for the items shown above, on the Sideshow Collectibles site (which is also the home of the life-size Baby Yoda that sells for $350, which I mentioned & linked earlier in the thread) --

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe-hot-toys-hot-toys-905873

(By the way, I believe the sweet, precious Baby Yoda was created to bring us joy at the right time, exactly when we needed it.  The timing of his arrival in pop culture was perfect.  And now that more people are stuck at home, they, too, will discover the joy we all already know as they begin to watch The Mandalorian.  During these difficult and scary times, which seem to just get worse every day, I still cannot help but smile when I see The Child's cute face, or listen to him coo, babble or giggle.  He is an angel on earth -- or, actually NOT of this earth! lol)

• Love 2

Casting rumors/news (not confirmed by an official Mandalorian source yet, though)!

Slash Film (/Film) broke the news and uncovered the scoop -- all other publications got the info from that site and then ran with it (some of them credited /Film and some did not)--

Star Wars Exclusive: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Casts Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano

Rosario Dawson Reportedly Cast As Ahsoka Tano In The Mandalorian Season 2

Tweet from ABC's Clayton Sandell about Ahsoka -- https://twitter.com/Clayton_Sandell/status/1241058368078282752 

Grace Randolph is saying that the Ezra Bridger character will appear too (no word on who is playing him) -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0FyDGNb1U&t=232s

Edited by TVFan17
Removed spoiler tags
  • Love 2

Bloody great.

Spoiler

Of course Filoni would find some way to bring her back. Her death should have been the Order 66 centrepiece, but he just can't let go. But why isn't it Ashley Eckstein?

For that matter, why isn't it Mark Hamill?

• Love 2

Aw, how cute!  Mine has been in some shipping facility in Los Angeles since Monday - just an hour away from me and hasn't been shipped yet.  And the way things are going around here where I live I could really use some plushy cuddles....

• Love 2

Aww, so amazingly cute, mine is on his way soonish apparently. Thankfully Disney is selling them in the UK even though Disney+ isn't officially here for a few days. 

Re the casting spoiler: 

Spoiler

I like Ahsoka but she's a little bit of a strange choice to bring to this particular show. She's very tied to Anakin for one thing (admittedly I haven't seen Rebels only Clone Wars). I guess she knows more about the mystery surrounding Baby Yoda/The Child?

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

This rumor of Robert Rodriguez directing was already known in recent weeks, but this website is claiming that it is confirmed that Rodriguez worked on Season 2 in some way.  No one seems to be sure if he directed an entire episode, or just one scene (I've read rumors of both scenarios).... maybe a couple of scenes?  Here is the article:

‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Director Robert Rodriguez Now Confirmed For Season 2 of ‘The Mandalorian’

I'm still not sure how accurate this info is, but I can see him having some involvement.  I think he worked with Pedro Pascal in the past (on a project that was supposed to air on Netflix, but I don't think it did), or was going to work with him on something soon.  Maybe he signed on to direct a lone scene where Mando shows his face in Season 2, so he and Pedro can work together?  lol

Edited to add:  Rodriguez worked with Rosario Dawson in the past too, which I had forgotten about until I saw someone mention it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

Aww, so amazingly cute, mine is on his way soonish apparently. Thankfully Disney is selling them in the UK even though Disney+ isn't officially here for a few days. 

Re the casting spoiler: 

Hide contents

I like Ahsoka but she's a little bit of a strange choice to bring to this particular show. She's very tied to Anakin for one thing (admittedly I haven't seen Rebels only Clone Wars). I guess she knows more about the mystery surrounding Baby Yoda/The Child?

She'd know more about the Force, at least. But that's why I want Luke. He might know a little more about the species.

And again I ask, why not Ashley Eckstein?

• Love 2

I am only guessing, of course, and could be completely wrong, but I assume that Ahsoka and Ezra (if the Ezra rumor is true) are popping up in Season 2 of The Mandalorian as a way of either transitioning them -- in live action form -- into a separate movie of their own, or over to their own separate spin-off series.  In other words, I am not expecting them to be in more than 2 or 3 episodes in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, if that many at all, but I think there will be more of one or both of them in some other new live action content down the road, beyond The Mandalorian.

I suspect there will be a lot of cameos and extended guest appearances by other Star Wars characters and well-known actors too.

Edited by TVFan17

This article does not mention The Mandalorian specifically, but it's an interesting read. 

TV Has Mostly Stopped Production. What Happens Next?

It explains how this pandemic is impacting or could impact the production of TV in various stages (networks, cable and streaming).  It is mentioned that an upcoming Writers Guild Strike was already a looming possibility, so I think that some degree of interruption in normal schedules was already expected/dreaded.  But no one expected a pandemic to come along and shut down the world. 

They don't talk too much about what happens when something is in the post-production phase -- which is where The Mandalorian, Season 2 would land -- but they do say this in the article:

And what about in the interim?

Many studios will have to decide how long they can hold productions before moving off of a planned delivery date or, worse, scrapping productions entirely. "Holding sets, locations and a crew, that's a lot — and it's expensive," notes one senior studio source. In other cases, shows have already wrapped physical production but are now tied up in the postproduction process, which can also entail working in large groups. Several postproduction and VFX houses are still said to be in operation as they rush to deliver final assets.

A silver lining: plenty of shows have been quietly stockpiling scripts already in anticipation of a possible Writers Guild strike. (Sources say an extension of the current deal, set to expire April 30, is more likely given the current landscape.) In fact, many broadcast writers rooms had remained open after completing work on their 2019-20 seasons and were already prepping scripts for the upcoming season. Those (now virtual) rooms are still up and running, with many execs surveyed by THR singling out how that same strike prep could ultimately help everyone down the line should the production pause continue beyond the previously announced two to three weeks.

I don't know if it's the same in every state, but out here in California -- where we have a large number of COVID-19 cases -- we're not supposed to be gathering anywhere, and we're really being encouraged to only leave the house for essential tasks and that's it.  And if we go out for a walk, we are supposed to be staying away from people.  (...Although hordes of people were apparently tromping through Runyon Canyon yesterday -- not staying at home and not social distancing at all.  Other people have lost their jobs or taken huge pay cuts because they can't go to their places of employment during this shutdown, and those fools were gathering at a popular hiking spot and tiptoeing through the tulips as though they didn't have a care in the world!!)  

So The Mandalorian -- whose production is in Los Angeles, and I'm assuming that the post-production is as well -- would probably require people working in big groups to complete the post-prod.  I don't know how they could manage that under the current circumstances.

At this rate, with the way things are going, I am not expecting an October premiere for Season 2 because the delay in post-prod will likely last longer than expected.   I would love to be wrong, and I hope that I'm wrong, but things are looking bleak.  If Season 3 was supposed to have begun filming this year, we can probably forget that too -- which would likely mean no Season 3 premiere in 2021.

Edited by TVFan17

Some new casting rumors (2 separate articles, though I'm sure there will be more articles on this same subject) --

"Bill Burr and Michael Biehn Rumored For The Mandalorian Season 2 Appearances"

"Michael Biehn has been cast in Star Wars: The Mandalorian’s second season!"  

Edited to add:  Deadline has supposedly now confirmed Bill Burr and Michael Biehn appearing in Season 2 --

"‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Cast: Michael Biehn Joins, Bill Burr Returning"

Also, it dawned on me that all of this most recent casting news (including Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka) and the confirmation about Robert Rodriguez directing is coming out right around the time when the PaleyFest L.A. Mandalorian panel was supposed to have taken place (on March 22nd).  Since that event was postponed/canceled, I have to wonder if these casting/directing announcements had been intended to be revealed at PaleyFest if it had taken place.  When that event didn't happen, it could be that someone at Disney or working on The Mandalorian decided to conveniently let the casting info 'leak' out just to get some buzz going anyway (especially as Disney+ launched in Europe).  The timing is very convenient.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop, @TVFan17! I've liked Michael Biehn since his days on The Magnificent Seven, so I'm excited for his character. I'm going to guess that he's just doing the voice. Although maybe his character is OK with taking his helmet off, and convinces Din that he too can take his helmet off. 😄

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I made this lockscreen for my phone, if anyone else is interested.

https://content.forums.previously.tv/monthly_2020_03/mando-lockscreen.jpg.12daf48140b75055b658436a87701294.jpg

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

More about Michael Biehn's bounty hunter character's look in Season 2 of The Mandalorian....

"MSW Exclusive Look at the design of the bounty hunter Michael Biehn is playing in Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season II!"

Hopefully that's a legit picture. I somehow misread the original news, and was assuming he was playing a Mando, as opposed to just a regular ol' bounty hunter. I guess we will be seeing his face then!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

Hopefully that's a legit picture. I somehow misread the original news, and was assuming he was playing a Mando, as opposed to just a regular ol' bounty hunter. I guess we will be seeing his face then!

It seems that way, if reports are correct.  I guess he's a random bounty hunter that Mando just happens to know? 

I don't fully trust that specific "news" site.  That picture could be older and not updated, or just sort of a rough idea of what the outfit might look like.   It might not be their fault, and maybe the guy who runs the Making Star Wars site and YouTube channel is fed bogus info that he doesn't know is bogus when he reveals it.  But I recently watched a video they did from last year (when Season 2 had just started production and Season 1 had not yet premiered), and in that video they were talking about some things we were going to see or learn in Season 1 -- which either never panned out, or didn't pan out in quite the way the guy presented them.  Again, it might not be his/their fault -- someone could be feeding him misleading info on purpose, or the plans for the season could change and evolve over time -- but I am never quite sure of the info coming from the site!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

His voice is not that unique..so making a big announcement for Johnny Ringo as a helmeted / facial prosthetic character would generate minimal buzz...

RUMOR:   Okay, here we go again with the casting rumor mill.  This is NOT confirmed at all.  Even this guy from Making Star Wars seems like he is not sure about this rumor.  But I will put it here just because it's interesting, and it's something to pass the time until a "real" story or an official bit of info comes in...

Article -

"Rumor: Jamie Lee Curtis cast in Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2?"

Video -

Jamie Lee Curtis cast in Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2?

Edited by TVFan17
(edited)
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Just got notified that my plushie Baby Yoda is on its way. I could use some Baby Yoda therapy hugs right about now! Because apparently I'm still five at heart.

I'm five right along with you!  lol  The little green snuggly toddler has stolen our hearts.

I was recently listening to a newer podcast from Force of Light Entertainment (2 sisters are the hosts), and they, of course, cover all kinds of Star Wars-related content and news, as well as Marvel and other things.  They did shows to recap all of the episodes of The Mandalorian, and they were talking about their love of Baby Yoda.  I can't recall in which episode this comment was made, but one of them was saying she loves Baby Yoda so much that she even wants to be sure that the Baby Yoda puppets (used on the show) are safe and taken care of when the show is not filming!  She wants the puppets to be protected.  And you know... I can relate!!  There are several different puppets used for The Child on the show, and I want all of them to be safe and cared for too! 🤣

If money were not an issue, I would have ordered all of the best Baby Yoda merchandise by now, including the cutest shirts, the socks, the various Funko and Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles figures, etc.  I'd probably even get the LEGO set with the tiny Baby Yoda.  I would definitely get the Baby Yoda that coos and babbles too.  I would just put them all in a display case or something of that sort, along with my Disney collectibles from long ago.   Instead, I will probably end up getting one collectible item and then eventually a shirt or mug.

I tend to think there might be another wave of new merchandise (and a re-stocking of the older merchandise) surrounding the launch of Season 2, whenever that ends up happening. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3